PDA

View Full Version : Movie: Snakes... on a plane!

Terracosmo
Sun, 03-19-2006, 04:38 AM
This is a movie coming out soon, which stars Samuel L. Jackson aboard a plane where some terrorist or something has unleashed a bunch of deadly snakes. Basically the passengers try to survive against these ferocious beasts and... that's what it's about. Snakes on a plane.

No I'm not joking. They are serious. THEY ARE SERIOUS!!! And the movie is called SNAKES ON A PLANE!... can you guys fathom this? SNAKES ON A FREAKIN' PLANE!!! They can't name a movie that!!! It's... too funny!! Argiajfsasfjfsfs

As you can imagine, this flick has already fallen under a lot of heavy rain for obvious reasons, resulting in this hilarious fanmade trailer: http://youtube.com/watch?v=CSudn9n0d_k&search=snakes%20on%20a%20plane

I'm so going to watch this. I'll post a real trailer once I find one. It will probably be just as funny.

ONE MAN

ONE PLANE

SNAKES

O RLY?!

IFHTT
Sun, 03-19-2006, 04:52 AM
Bahahahahaha. That was a bold move for Jackson, taking it without reading the script.

I wonder if the ending credits will look like:

Cast

Black guy on a plane with snakes - Samuel L Jackson
Snakes - Snakes
Plane - Plane

masamuneehs
Sun, 03-19-2006, 07:01 AM
It's the one that says, "BAD MUTHA FUCKA" on it!!!

Samuel is more badass than anyone in Hollywood (but he doesn't hold a candle to the truest badass of all time:
http://www.cantstopthebleeding.com/img/oak.jpg

But Samuel has sold out, as you can plainly see from almost any of his past 6 movies. He is playing off his reputation and not making any moves on his own, not like he really needs to.

rockmanj
Sun, 03-19-2006, 09:15 AM
This is a movie coming out soon, which stars Samuel L. Jackson aboard a plane where some terrorist or something has unleashed a bunch of deadly snakes. Basically the passengers try to survive against these ferocious beasts and... that's what it's about. Snakes on a plane.

No I'm not joking. They are serious. THEY ARE SERIOUS!!! And the movie is called SNAKES ON A PLANE!... can you guys fathom this? SNAKES ON A FREAKIN' PLANE!!! They can't name a movie that!!! It's... too funny!! Argiajfsasfjfsfs

As you can imagine, this flick has already fallen under a lot of heavy rain for obvious reasons, resulting in this hilarious fanmade trailer: http://youtube.com/watch?v=CSudn9n0d_k&search=snakes%20on%20a%20plane

I'm so going to watch this. I'll post a real trailer once I find one. It will probably be just as funny.

ONE MAN

ONE PLANE

SNAKES

O RLY?!

can't wait for the sequel....rabid kittens on a train; or better yet: 'pigeons in the subway' The horror....the horror!!!!! :eek:

Terracosmo
Sun, 03-19-2006, 09:51 AM
"Hamsters in a car"

"Rats on a ferris wheel"

"Terra on a tram"

ENDLESS!

rockmanj
Sun, 03-19-2006, 10:45 AM
Something that would actually terrify me would be ducks anywhere near me. i am deathly afraid of them. Maybe i should pitch that as the sequel.

Deadfire
Sun, 03-19-2006, 11:22 AM
The ideas that make money now adays. I could also say what crap makes it in to a muti-million dollar movie now adays as well. Alas this is what entainment ,people want so here we are.

XanBcoo
Mon, 03-20-2006, 03:27 PM
Holy shit, I laughed so hard at this.

And now it's time for some Samuel L. Jackson inspired quotes:
"Whether or not what we experienced was an According to Hoyle miracle is insignificant. What is significant is that I felt the touch of snakes. Snakes got involved."

"A Royale with snakes. What do they call a Big Snake?"

"Say snakes again. SAY SNAKES AGAIN. I dare you, I double dare you, motherfucker. Say snakes one more goddamn time!"

"The path of the righteous snake is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the snakes through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost snakes. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my snakes. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon snakes."

Ahahaha...ha...

Raven
Sat, 08-26-2006, 09:11 PM
I saw this last night. OMG CAN YOU SAY MOVIE OF THE YEAR...

So hilarious, I'm still laughing. :D

zibo
Sat, 08-26-2006, 09:16 PM
"I'm tired of there motherfuckin' snakes on this motherfuckin' plane" haha awesome line.

TruthofMistake
Sun, 08-27-2006, 12:19 AM
it was actually a pretty good movie and when he said "I'm tired of these motherfuckin snakes on this motherfuckin plane" i was like YES!

Kirai no Tenshi
Sun, 08-27-2006, 01:31 AM
The original concept for Alien was supposed to be Gremlins in a B-52 bomber.

Just goes to show that the concept is reusable, as long as you substitute in a life form that's black.

Yukimura
Sun, 08-27-2006, 03:03 AM
Kirai...what does that have to do with anything?

Kirai no Tenshi
Sun, 08-27-2006, 05:51 AM
More than your comment questioning mine did.

I just considered that someone might find it interesting that the concept behind the film was very similar to the original concept behind Alien.
I beleive it's commonly know as trivia, and by its nature, is a point of mild interet among fans.

At the very least, it's more interesting than another repeat of the same line:
"I'm tired of these motherfuckin' snakes on this motherfuckin' plane!"

eat_toast
Sun, 08-27-2006, 02:03 PM

Just goes to show that the concept is reusable, as long as you substitute in a life form that's black.
Its more true than you know: Gremlins on a wing. (http://gremlinonawing.ytmnd.com/)

TruthofMistake
Mon, 08-28-2006, 01:05 AM

That line pretty much made the movie though, and I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that the guy got the idea from hearing about a snake getting lose on an actual plane.

XanBcoo
Tue, 08-29-2006, 01:15 PM
So yeah, this movie did rock. It was probably the most fun I've ever had in a theatre. I was lucky to catch the early showings of it, so I was surrounded by a lot of the online fanbase. People were clapping,cheering and laughing at every little thing. It was awesome.

When Sam uttered the Line, it got a standing ovation with much cheering. The only other bit that got such a reaction was the bathroom sex scene where the girl gets her tit bitten.

I was even laughing as I left the movie. Go see it, have fun.

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 08-29-2006, 03:53 PM
Brilliant marketing, piece of shit movie.

Of course only the first one matters to the industry, so kudos. But as for those of us who seek something more, just another poorly executed tragedy of cinema. Like Brutus stabs Caesar tragic.

XanBcoo
Wed, 08-30-2006, 03:22 PM
Brilliant marketing, piece of shit movie.

Of course only the first one matters to the industry, so kudos. But as for those of us who seek something more, just another poorly executed tragedy of cinema. Like Brutus stabs Caesar tragic.
It's pretty obvious that it sucks. Hard. But the movie's still fun because of the hype, the ridiculousness of the title, and Sam L. fucking Jackson.

darkmetal505
Wed, 08-30-2006, 03:45 PM
I just liked it for the different ways people got bitten: tits, ass, weiner, eye, etc....

can someone say ouch?

Psyke
Tue, 09-05-2006, 09:08 AM
I just saw it. It's a fun movie like what XanBcoo mentioned. As long as you can ignore the non exisiting plot and stand the random characters thrown into the plane, you should be able to enjoy this popcorn happy flick.

Winged Dancer
Tue, 09-05-2006, 09:34 AM
On one hand I really want to watch this movie. I've heard it's hilarious in this sort of internet-funny weird way.

On the other, I'm a complete wuss and have a low tolerance for gore. So I'm not sure. I guess I have about three weeks to decide, until it debutes here in my country. What would you guys say?

Psyke
Tue, 09-05-2006, 09:42 AM
There's gore alright, and it ain't really a nice sight. Most of the gore don't come from the snakes though, and are caused by other accidents, such as a nail through the throat where the victim manages to pulls it out and blood spurts out every where.....

UChessmaster
Tue, 09-05-2006, 10:15 AM
I cant stop laughing at the title = D

i mean... whats next? snakes on a train?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snakes_on_a_train#Plot

>_>

Genma
Tue, 09-05-2006, 10:54 AM
I actually saw a copy of "Snakes on a Train" at my local movie store.

... I'm really not sure what to say about it. Apparently the whole train gets eaten by a giant snake at the end, as you can tell by the cover.

XanBcoo
Tue, 09-05-2006, 12:32 PM
There's gore alright, and it ain't really a nice sight. Most of the gore don't come from the snakes though, and are caused by other accidents, such as a nail through the throat where the victim manages to pulls it out and blood spurts out every where.....
Yeah, I can only take so much gore. I think the high-heel through the ear was what did it for me...

dragonrage
Tue, 09-05-2006, 04:33 PM
I heard that they changed the director before shooting becuase his ideas were to gorry (director of fomula 51). But some of the ideas in this movie are really illogical. I mean how the hell you don't realized that a python was on board, how the hell did they get it there. Also snakes have a certain smell to them, with that many it is hard to go un-reconized.

Maybe i should keep my critic for when I actually see the movie. But from the few trailers and scenes from talk shows, Samuel made the movie. But His bad ass character is getting kinda old, but it is still enjoyable. The best movie i think he ever starred in was "Pulp Fiction". I know that you all know of what i speak off.

Anyways from what i have seen and what i have put together this movies is funny when logic is ignored and probably a thrill ride, but to me it is not worth a ticket (but that is still up for debate). I am definately going to watch it. Just cause samuel is just so cool.

darkmetal505
Tue, 09-05-2006, 04:57 PM
http://www.theasylum.cc/video/SNAKES.mov

snakes on a train trailer

UChessmaster
Tue, 09-05-2006, 08:52 PM
it doesnt actually look THAT bad... lol at the ending

prediction title for sequel: Train on a snake XD

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 09-05-2006, 11:52 PM
http://www.theasylum.cc/video/SNAKES.mov

snakes on a train trailer