PDA

View Full Version : When will the Anime merge back into the Manga story line

BakaDave
Sat, 03-18-2006, 07:58 PM
For all the former naruto anime fans in fear that the bleach anime series fill follow in the footsteps of highly popular anime series. I inquire all to answer this simple questions. Please if you answer, back it up with proof. When will the anime series go back into the manga? or should I just stab myself and be done with it. Not to hate on the current Filler arc, but we all want the raw action of the Manga.

darkmetal505
Sat, 03-18-2006, 11:03 PM
Im not sure if anyone has real proof. There were rumors that fillers would end with the episode of Rukia's return, but to no avail. What we do know is that episodes 73-74 will be a one hour special continuing the filler arc. Since the anime is now fairly close to the manga, I can make a guess that fillers will continue for quite a while.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 03-19-2006, 01:46 PM
Stupid question.

Nobody here knows.

masamuneehs
Sun, 03-19-2006, 02:08 PM
....for once in my life i completely agree with Darthender :confused:

It's still way too early for us to know. I've never read the manga so I couldn't tell you how far ahead it is or even what point would be a probable time that the fillers end (so that a new arc can start and finish without catching up to the manga, see Black Cat for example of how to do this wrong)

Just wait for it. There's plenty of other good anime out there to keep yourself busy with in the mean time.

edit: Bud's right. Black Cat is a shitty example (of just about everything...) and yeah the Kenshin crisis is probably the ultimate 'fuckup' scenario that could ever happen to an anime...

Munsu
Sun, 03-19-2006, 02:22 PM
Black Cat is a bad example because the anime itself never followed the manga, a good example might be Kenshin as it has been mentioned before.

Vegechan
Sun, 03-19-2006, 07:01 PM
Question, in the manga did Sandal Hat say it would take one year before Aizen could do anything of use with his new toy? Or was that anime exclusive?

RyougaZell
Sun, 03-19-2006, 08:02 PM
This fillers are worst than Naruto's...
at least those respected the storyline... this fillers are already changing what is supposed to happen...

pandacon
Mon, 03-20-2006, 03:59 AM
I look at it this way, the SS arc in the manga ends at around chapter 184, so thats about 90 chapters per arc, and since the manga is at 219 now, I would assume it'll be a good 50 more chapters before this arc is over, which is 50 weeks. Though I would think that they would start on the next arc before it's done in the manga like they did with the SS arc (I think), so there may be a chance that they'll start following the manga after one season of filler, but I would think we'll endure 2 seasons of filler before they go back to manga story, or they'll do a season of filler in the middle of the next manga arc.

Honestly, things don't look promising for the Bleach anime, expecially since they run through 3 chapters of manga in 1 anime episode.

Kraco
Mon, 03-20-2006, 06:34 AM
The facts behind this must be quite complicated, in the end. The artist invents and draws a manga, and some company publishes it. I have honestly no idea what are the relations between anime studios and manga publishing companies in Japan, but they might be different, at least for some series. So, a manga doesn't automatically belong to any anime studio.

That means a megahit manga gets its anime rights sold early, because many studios might want those rights, yet only one can get them. And after they have invested in it, they want to cash with it, rather than wait. Who knows, if they waited and the popularity of the manga dropped, they might have already lost some audience (and it's not like companies would anyway want to let investments rot in storage, even if they aren't perishable products in the same sense as bananas or medicine).

This means the studios won't gladly push forward releasing the anime so long that there would be practically all the manga available (barring death of the mangaka or other such force majeure factors).

kenren
Mon, 03-20-2006, 06:46 AM
the anime will merge back into the manga story line when it merge back to the manga story line... =P

Deadfire
Mon, 03-20-2006, 02:04 PM
Slowly bringing in the main storyline though fillers is great as long as you don't mess up, or make it look look like thats what your are doing. I really don't like how everyone is so weak compared to earlier. Though the fillers are getting better at pacing, as well they feel like a bleach ep should be. I fear though that these filler will really schrew up a storyline that not many have seen.

I wrote this back in EP 70 Discussion and it holds true here too. I would have have not minded if they merged it with the fillers slowly and carefully. With what was been pointed out it would be a bad idea to merge it with the manga as we will run out of storyline. This is not what a anime producer wants as the author is writing the manga not the anime. So yes the Fillers are needed, and it's possible that we will need them for a long while. The only thing we can hope for is that we don't stay in fillers which may or may not happen. So your question's answer really is noone knows, and will not know until it happens.

pandacon
Tue, 03-21-2006, 12:31 PM
I personally don't think they did anything in the anime which can't be reversed when it goes back to following the manga, kinda like in Naruto after the Chunnin Exam arc, they had the filler just put Sasuke back in the hospital in the filler, or was that the Tsunada arc? I think they'll send all the Shinigamis back home for some reason before the filler is over.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 03-22-2006, 03:24 PM
Contentless post, you should know better
Warned.

....for once in my life i completely agree with Darthender :confused:
Jo momma!!

reminisc
Sun, 06-04-2006, 10:08 AM
bleeh i don't think the bleach fillers are taht bad..lol they're definilty a lot better then what naruto had been spitting out...like i know i'll never get over the curry of life -_-'

i'm hoping maybe in this arc ishida might get his powers or something...like he's been moping around for ages and i can't imagine him getting killed off...=s

but yeah...the fillers aren't THAT terrible are they?

6Zabuza9
Mon, 06-05-2006, 04:35 AM
they aren't. but once they go back to the manga, the fillers would seem terrible compared to the manga

Yukimura
Mon, 06-05-2006, 11:49 AM
The way it looks they could just burn so many bridges that they can't go back to the manga and Bleach the anime will pull a Kenshin and die a horrible pitiful death. It's almost up to the same number of eps and volumes as Kenshin had. Maybe the director is just channeling the story of the Kenshin franchise...God I hope I'm wrong.