PDA

View Full Version : Naruto on Wikipedia

Assertn
Fri, 03-17-2006, 02:20 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi_no_Kuni_%28Land_of_Fire%29#Yamato

Ugh, there's some good stuff on Naruto over at wikipedia, but at the same time, there seems to be a bunch of little spazzes that report every single detail of the most recent manga chapters into things that should've been summarized or generalized (like the arc summaries and character biographies). They went into excruciating detail about Kyubi Naruto vs Oro, when it should've been more like 2 sentences, for one thing.

One guy was jacking up my contribution to the bio on yamato though, which is what sparked me ranting about it. There was no mention about the scene that showed Yamato with Sai's sempai's roots mask on the site, so I added it in. It used to be the second from the last paragraph, but look what it says now.

My contribution:

Like Sai, however, Yamato is still a very mysterious individual. One scene prior to the meeting at the bridge, a mask is shown on Yamato's desk that resembles the same mask worn by Sai's sempai from the "Roots" division. Although he seems unaware of Sai's intentions, he very well may have some hidden agendas that parallel Danzou's.

What it currently says:

Like Sai, however, Yamato is still a very mysterious individual. In one scene prior to the meeting at the bridge, Yamato is going through Sai's belongings. a mask similar to the one that Sai's senpai from the "Ne" division wore is shown on Yamato's desk. It is possible he has some connections with "Ne" himself. However, since Sai's bag and some other belongings of him are also on the table, it's more likely, however, that the mask was Sai's and that Yamato was going through Sai's belongings to find out about Danzō's mission.

Ha...it was even worse before....the guy was even so bold as to accuse Yamato of killing Sai's sempai.

Anyway...i dunno...maybe we should invade wikipedia or something....

Terracosmo
Fri, 03-17-2006, 02:32 PM
I've been thinking of deleting Naruto's entire biography and just write "ANNOYING FOXFUCKING SON OF A BITCH DIE" in bold and maximum font style.

That would get 'em good!

Jadugar
Fri, 03-17-2006, 02:37 PM
:eek:

Are you sure its not the other way around. You should copyright your stuff Assertn.:D
He has written in quite detail about Yamoto but the paragraph you mentioned is very similar. Maybe he is one of your followers. All I can say is its so bizarre.

You have blown your cover. Now he knows that you know. You should have keep it secret and probably commented more on Yamoto and followed him to see if he does it again.

@Terra : What about Sasuke?

Assertn
Fri, 03-17-2006, 02:48 PM
I think you're confused about how wikipedia works.

He didn't write another article that ripped off of mine, he revised my article to look like what it does now.

Which personally I find even more blasphemous.

Jadugar
Fri, 03-17-2006, 02:56 PM
He revised the article to look like what it does now?

Bloody hell. That is strange.

So when do you invade Wikipedia? Can I come?

I just added a line at the end. Why dont you revise the article again to match your own comments?

darkmetal505
Fri, 03-17-2006, 03:10 PM
the thing with wikipedia, anyone can change it anytime

most of the time its unreliable.

but hey, lets invade

Tonsus
Fri, 03-17-2006, 08:28 PM
You do know that this thread has already been biographized on Wikipedia already.

Assertn
Fri, 03-17-2006, 09:14 PM
Recently, his Moku Bunshin has come across Sai's body hanging from a tree, apparently dead. However, he discovers this to not be the case when he notices something odd about the stitching around the body's neck caused by the rope from which it was hung. Yamato suspects this fake body to be the result of a technique used by Kabuto, which happens to be true. Yamato is also able to discern that Orochimaru and his entourage is aware that his Moku Bunshin is following them. He is unclear whether to pursue Orochimaru and Kabuto or call for a backup.

How the hell is that a biography paragraph? Unclear whether to pursue oro or call for backup? SIGH.....he's just a bunshin....

I like to rely on wikipedia for alot of music album info, but apparently the anime section is full of english/literature dropouts.

Tonsus: Where?

Tonsus
Fri, 03-17-2006, 09:36 PM
Just a joke, Assertn, but Wiki pretty much does have almost every internet feud documented in there.

I don't like how a lot of biographies are just a summary of the manga featuring their parts.