PDA

View Full Version : Movie: V for Vendetta

Munsu
Fri, 03-17-2006, 05:57 AM
Just watched the movie, and I absolutely loved it. A terrorist hero, what else do you want? A hot female lead? It has it.

I loved the dark atmosphere throughout the movie, and the action scenes were great, though it should've had more.

So, anyone seen it yet?

XanBcoo
Fri, 03-17-2006, 07:21 PM
I'm going to go see it tonight. I've read the first volume of the comic which Y uploaded on RE.

Good stuff.

Cabewse
Sat, 03-18-2006, 04:28 AM
I've seen it twice. Once at a screening the night before release, and I just got back from the second time. It was absolutly wonderfull, the action was great, and the the story, while dissapointing at times to me because it changed from the graphic novel, was superb. What was changed, was to make the story appeal to a wider audiance, and also to make it work on the big screen.

Obviously, I've read the graphic novel, and while the movie strays far from it at times, it still had the feeling it had when I read it. A lot of things in the movie never happened in the orriginal, and a lot of things in the graphic novel were omited, and I don't just meen little details. I still am wondering why Susan's name was changed to Suttler.

All in all, it was a goo movie, and had I not been a fan of the story before seeing it, I'd have had nothing to bitch about, well done. The Wachowsky (I probably slaughtered the spelling) brothers did a great job.

Sun, 03-19-2006, 11:40 AM
yeah the movie makes me wonder is his acts of terrorism the right way to solving the problem? it definitely was the cool way :)

anyways, the english was beautiful, the story riveting, and now I want to see more movies by the wachovsky brothers ... what else have they done besides this and the matrix?

my friend also said that they stole a lot of equilibrium and ian flux stuff but i've never watched those so it's all cool

DB_Hunter
Sun, 03-19-2006, 02:44 PM
Just saw the movie last night. I thought the beginning was excellent, with the way the ideas were presented and it was amazing how what was in the movie is actually happening in the UK... with the ID cards and Anti-Terrorism bills about to get passed in the Houses of Parliament anytime now.

I think Natalie Portman's acting was OKish, and at the end of the day since it was a comic book adaption it had to get a TINY bit childish, with the whole fire explosion thing at Larkhill.

All in all a very good movie, definatly one worth going to see.

Munsu
Sun, 03-19-2006, 05:26 PM
yeah the movie makes me wonder is his acts of terrorism the right way to solving the problem? it definitely was the cool way :)

anyways, the english was beautiful, the story riveting, and now I want to see more movies by the wachovsky brothers ... what else have they done besides this and the matrix?

my friend also said that they stole a lot of equilibrium and ian flux stuff but i've never watched those so it's all cool

They've done Assassins which is a great movie with Stalone and Antonio Banderas... Another movie was Bound, no clue how that was, but since it has Jennifer Tilly, it probably sucked.

Cabewse
Sun, 03-19-2006, 07:01 PM
it had to get a TINY bit childish, with the whole fire explosion thing at Larkhill.

If it were to have gone into greater detail as to why and how the explotions at Larkhill happened, you'd never have said that :P

dragonrage
Sun, 03-19-2006, 07:32 PM
from reading the post in this thread i this my instincts were right, seeing this movie won't be a waste......so gonna have to set a much sooner date to see it.

rockmanj
Sun, 03-19-2006, 08:15 PM
I actually enjoyed it for the commentaries on anarchism and the fragility of democracy (i.e. that it could easily turn into facism). I think the story was execellent, Hugo Weaving was absolutely resplendent, and the action was good too. I mean, i probably would promote anarchism more if i hadn't lost faith in people (but thats a whole different story).

TwisT
Mon, 03-20-2006, 11:56 AM
They've done Assassins which is a great movie with Stalone and Antonio Banderas... Another movie was Bound, no clue how that was, but since it has Jennifer Tilly, it probably sucked.

WTF Jennifer Tilly is hot ;) . Also Bound was pretty good. Although it was a long time since i saw it. I hope this comes out in a DVD Screener or something soon.

rockmanj
Mon, 03-20-2006, 12:09 PM
this movie was soo good, that even i bought a ticket to the theatre....i havent been to one in like 4 years, and it was worth every penny.

Munsu
Mon, 03-20-2006, 12:45 PM
WTF Jennifer Tilly is hot ;) . Also Bound was pretty good. Although it was a long time since i saw it. I hope this comes out in a DVD Screener or something soon.
She's at most decent after you duct tape her mouth... Man does she have a shitty voice.