PDA

View Full Version : Displaying Rules

Lucifus
Thu, 03-16-2006, 10:42 PM
My suggestion, is to have the most important rules, or the ones to prevent most annoyance, in every users signature, like it or not, reading the rules is nto hte first thing the new guys do when they get here. Have like, Sig size, uh, stop asking for Naruto threads and rules like that after a user signature.

I think the new guys will definatly see that.

complich8
Thu, 03-16-2006, 11:19 PM
that would ... definitely suck. That's sort of a "throwing the baby out with the bathwater" solution... it'd do the job (maybe), but it would irritate the hell out of everyone at the same time, and ultimately I think push regular users away.

masamuneehs
Thu, 03-16-2006, 11:22 PM
Sorry but there's no way I can agree with this suggestion.

Sigs are personal space. The Mods or whoever forcing us to put certain things in our sigs is really outrageous. Everyone having rules in their sigs makes it look like some kind of spooky cult/religion where we all 'have the same ideals at heart'.

It is in the new members best interests to go about seeking the rules for themselves. Obviously you get alot of idiots making erros and posting garbage threads and all of that, but I feel that those things would STILL happen if your idea was implemented. Besides, almost all of those 'I just post when I want something' people aren't even going to bother reading sigs.

Lucifus
Thu, 03-16-2006, 11:25 PM
T-T, Shot down.:rolleyes:

Assertn
Sun, 03-19-2006, 05:57 AM
I would, however, like to have the rules forum show all of its topics regardless of age.
It's kinda annoying to go into it to see no topics because the only ones there were made half a year ago.

IFHTT
Sun, 03-19-2006, 06:16 AM
@ lucifus: Well You can always link to the rules in your sig... but thats about the closest I would want to get to it.

suckitdry
Sun, 03-19-2006, 10:10 AM
i see rules fine already. Nazis want you insert Rules in our sigs. This not 1984. Big Brother is watching, but he watching p0rn, not me