Berlis
Thu, 03-16-2006, 10:00 AM
http://www.tokyotosho.com/

jing
Thu, 03-16-2006, 10:57 AM
http://gin.hibichi.net/naruto299lq.zip

darkmetal505
Thu, 03-16-2006, 10:58 AM
Naruto 299 RAW torrent (http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/%5BRaw-Manga%5D%20Naruto%20299(lq).torrent)

edit: sorry jing posted right before me

RyougaZell
Thu, 03-16-2006, 11:42 AM
Damn.
Even without the translation that was an evil cliffhanger.

Seems Naruto is working out he hurt Sakura and Ero-sennin.

Sai bores me.

samsonlonghair
Thu, 03-16-2006, 12:29 PM
So Sai's not dead; the body was just there for a distraction. Now that Sakura has his book we can at least see a little character developement. I suppose that's the best it could have turned out.

My guess is that Sai had an older brother, but Danzou ordered Sai to kill him. Being without emotion or empathy Sai followed his orders.
That's just my speculation.

Ero-Fan
Thu, 03-16-2006, 12:37 PM
Decent Chapter. Seems he is realizing what he did, as others have stated above.
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/4592/pcm6300212oo.jpg
Now, why in god's name is that stupid bastard running upside-down? Wasn't he just severly injured from using the Kyuubi? I would've taken it easy after finding myself flat on my ass in pain.
Edit: @ Below- Ha, I didn't even pay attention to the fact that he was backwards as well. Maybe he's doing flips in midair to make Sakura pay attention to him?

Knives122
Thu, 03-16-2006, 12:41 PM
correction: He's running upside down...backwards.

Naruto has the most unorthodox method for everything

Elessar
Thu, 03-16-2006, 12:59 PM
Actually, if you grab a bar (or tree branch) over you while moving fast and swing with the branch as rotational axis, then for a short time after you released the branch, you will be in that position. It looks strange, but it is perfectly reasonable if you consider the way they move.

I hope that is understandable, I just hit my explanatory limits in english.

IFHTT
Thu, 03-16-2006, 01:01 PM
Actually, if you grab a bar (or tree branch) over you while moving fast and swing with the branch as rotational axis, then for a short time after you released the branch, you will be in that position. It looks strange, but it is perfectly reasonable if you consider the way they move.

I hope that is understandable, I just hit my explanatory limits in english.
Makes sense. I was going to say he was doing a flip.

mage
Thu, 03-16-2006, 01:29 PM
naruto has been shown flying upside down through trees several times, it always looks goofy as fuck though. nobody else is ever shown upside down.

metrite
Thu, 03-16-2006, 02:24 PM
LQ scanslation by a group called Jinchuuriki:
It's just English typed over the original text but at least it's understandable :p

torrent (http://datorrents.com/download.asp?id=7884&name=Naruto%20299%20LQ%20%5BJinchuuriki%5D.zip.tor rent)

rapidshare (http://rapidshare.de/files/15664176/Naruto_299_LQ__Jinchuuriki_.zip.html)

Assertn
Thu, 03-16-2006, 02:42 PM
Looks like people can stop complaining about never seeing Naruto's own abilities anymore.

LaZie
Thu, 03-16-2006, 02:44 PM
I actually liked this chapter. Great talking between Naruto and Yamato.

Knives122
Thu, 03-16-2006, 02:46 PM
lol, and to think it only took us 300 ch. to finally see it.

Yamatos pep talk was probably one of the most inspiring things ever said to the main character in this series.

Seeing how mostly everything else said to him was crap in terms of him using his own strenght

darkmetal505
Thu, 03-16-2006, 03:17 PM
man, thats a bummer, no more kyubbi

Prof. Chaos
Thu, 03-16-2006, 03:18 PM
Looks like what Naruto did in Kyuubi mode seems to do like fire/acid type damage to people he touches. Probably nothing anyone can truely heal. So Sakura might now lose control of her arm from time to time.

Terracosmo
Thu, 03-16-2006, 03:23 PM
Yamato's speech ruled, but I am

SO

FUCKING

TIRED

OF

PEOPLE

NOT

DYING

IN

THIS

DAMN

SERIES

ARGHGGGGAdsafAOSIFK=!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IFHTT
Thu, 03-16-2006, 03:40 PM
Damn Yamato is such a cool headed badass. He's quickly gaining rank as one of my favorite characters. I hope he has a more prominent role in the series.

rofl @ Terra, I think we're starting to get a case of bloodlust :D

LaZie
Thu, 03-16-2006, 05:01 PM
Looks like what Naruto did in Kyuubi mode seems to do like fire/acid type damage to people he touches. Probably nothing anyone can truely heal. So Sakura might now lose control of her arm from time to time.

I think he just meant Sakura's level of healing can't heal a wound like that, but Tsunade's level can. :p

dragon608608
Thu, 03-16-2006, 05:02 PM
kindda sad to see the Kuuybi go since he is the "King of tail monster". :( I think get it seal up is suck. Can Naruto use his own strength first then use the Kuuybi when he is in dangerous? Or did Kishi try to seal the Kuuybi in Naruto like to put a weight in him? Get him stronger so when he finally release the seal, Naruto can use higher level of Kuuybi's power without losing control? Anyway it is kindda sad to see the Kuuybi got seal up. :(

Phoenix20578
Thu, 03-16-2006, 05:03 PM
Yamato's speech ruled, but I am

SO

FUCKING

TIRED

OF

PEOPLE

NOT

DYING

IN

THIS

DAMN

SERIES

ARGHGGGGAdsafAOSIFK=!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Appludes enthusiasticly*

Damn it, I should have known that the thought of ANYONE dying in series is nothing but a fucking tease.

Oh and yes, Yamato's speech rocked.

xDarkMaster
Thu, 03-16-2006, 05:30 PM
299 MQ Scanlation (http://www.narutofan.com/downloads/download.php/1/nmanga299trans.zip)

Sidnne
Thu, 03-16-2006, 05:43 PM
Great chapter! It FINALLY looks like we are going to see some character development from Naruto. Yamato is great.

kAi
Thu, 03-16-2006, 05:52 PM
I liked that chapter, the talk between them was good, and yeah it seems that there may be some character development, maybe even find out some jutsu that Naruto can do. I also liked that flashback of Jiraiya, Naruto is so god damn slow that he is only realising now.

Not suprised Sai is alive and running, another Kabuto technique, and it seems he may be experimenting on Sai a little to see those techniques.

mage
Thu, 03-16-2006, 07:00 PM
hopefully orochimaru won't turn him into some stupid monster like he does with everyone else.

jing
Thu, 03-16-2006, 07:31 PM
Nah, Kabuto wanted Sai to draw some kabuto x sasuke yaoi for orochimaru.

good speech by yamato though.

Raven
Thu, 03-16-2006, 08:02 PM
This won't be the last we'll see of the Kyuubi, all that it will be now is:
"Naruto, use your power! We need it!"
"But I don' t want to hurt everyone!"
*Naruto fights his urges but the evil chakra eventually breaks through*

The pictures in Sai's book will probably illustrate exactly what his mission is, or at least let them know he's been a traitor all along.

Elessar
Thu, 03-16-2006, 08:24 PM
Well, the last time Naruto got the demon sealed, he completely lost his chakra balance because he wasn't used to it and couldn't do shit. Why should it be any different, when Yamato seals the demon with his all powerful first hokage skills?

ChaosK
Thu, 03-16-2006, 08:35 PM
that was before he learned how to acctually fight? during chunnin exams he was still a random kage bushin person.

Souryusen
Thu, 03-16-2006, 08:38 PM
The pictures in Sai's book will probably illustrate exactly what his mission is, or at least let them know he's been a traitor all along.

The only thing Sai is toting around in that book is reams of Gundam yaoi.

LaZie
Thu, 03-16-2006, 11:09 PM
HQ by Chikusho

http://datorrents.com/download.asp?id=7888&name=Naruto_ch299_HQ_Chikusho.zip.torrent

Tonsus
Thu, 03-16-2006, 11:48 PM
It was nice to see the flashback (even though it was one panel) with Jiraya all cut up, during the nice speech.

I was still hoping that Sai would just die in the middle of Orochimaru's conversation with Kabuto. Oh well, still a good chapter.

kAi
Thu, 03-16-2006, 11:59 PM
It would be funny if he was drawing Danzou in the Hokage outfit standing over Tsunade's dead body. I think we would then see a complete copy of what just happened.

Yamato appears as Danzou and Sai comes to meet him, and they have a new team mate who "dies".

Knives122
Fri, 03-17-2006, 12:34 AM
now when you say "die" you obviously mean look/appear like they're dead only to comeback completely fine and join Oros club: "Pedophile Gay Love fest for those that look like they could be either sex + Kabuto"

:p

Prof. Chaos
Fri, 03-17-2006, 03:42 AM
I think he just meant Sakura's level of healing can't heal a wound like that, but Tsunade's level can. :p
I doubt Tsunade can fully heal the power that Naruto does while in Kyuubi mode.

edit: Can't quote pyramid??? What gives?

Elessar
Fri, 03-17-2006, 09:02 AM
that was before he learned how to acctually fight? during chunnin exams he was still a random kage bushin person.
Until proven otherwise, he still is a random kage bunshin / rasengan person.

Onineku
Fri, 03-17-2006, 11:05 AM

but now able to randomise and combine at will...

Edort4
Fri, 03-17-2006, 11:24 AM
I believe that what they see is the picture of someone familiar, Sai's brother or father, and that person will be someone known to all of them. Orochimaru is his father? kabuto his brother? was his father somehow related to uchiha clan and sasuke is his cousin? I found this more interesting than a picture of danzou killing tsunade, or his face craved in the stone like a new hokage. That wouldn't be shocking.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 03-17-2006, 12:48 PM

We've seen him use kage bunshin and rasengan a few times post time jump, and they've always been to appreciable effect, and in a non-wasted manner, meaning his use of those techniques are no longer random. So, though I'm fairly sure his fighting style will rely on those techniques, I think it could be quite enjoyable to watch. In a forest battle, or anywhere with a comparable number of hiding places, kage bunshin and rasengan should be enough to handle almost any situation which arises in there. If there are relatively few places to hide, then Naruto's going to need more techniques, cuz he's not rock lee and he doesn't have a sharingan.

Also, about the quality Naruto's chakra allowing him to handle the damage kyubi is dishing out to him, that's fucking great. Someone should pull an orochimaru and start creating Naruto clones or something, and start engineering a respectable amount of intellect into them. Either that, or Naruto can start a demon container clan. He should start it with Sakura, so that, god willing, his babies don't come out stupid.

mage
Fri, 03-17-2006, 03:43 PM
He should start it with Sakura, so that, god willing, his babies don't come out stupid.
instead they can be whiny pieces of shit, good idea.

xDarkMaster
Fri, 03-17-2006, 07:02 PM
Finally, we will be able to see what Naruto can do besides Kaga Bunshin, Rasengan, and Kyuubi. Let's hope he has learned some kick ass jutsus.

Tonsus
Fri, 03-17-2006, 09:01 PM
Here's hoping for some elemental jutsu!

kAi
Fri, 03-17-2006, 09:12 PM
I just want to see if Naruto learnt anything at all on his trip with Jiraiya, and the only time we'll see this is now. Yamato is sealing the Kyubi so he can't use it, so he'll need to use his own strength, and about time to as during this whole time if he needed anything it was straight into the Kyubi mode.
Here's hoping to some good Naruto skills, and a humorous drawing in the book!

Assertn
Fri, 03-17-2006, 09:19 PM
If yamato could prevent naruto from using kyubi, then he wouldn't have to encourage naruto not to rely on it. His jutsu is a suppression type, and as he said in the chapter, can only be used when he's in close range. The significance of this emphasis is that he may not be able to come in and help out if things get out of hand again.

Naruto_RNG
Fri, 03-17-2006, 09:20 PM
well, him not using kyuubi makes sence cause if he was going to fight with sasuke, kishi must of give sasuke a lvl 3-4 seal which would leave us with yet another unanswered question which is the seal and how it really works. if it really uses the user's own chakra then sasuke should of been fucked in the naruto vs. sasuke fight before the fillers started. Sharingan uses a lot of chakra right? and sasuke used 2 chidori prior to unsealing himself right? kakashi told him he can only use 2 and the 3rd won't happen because he would be completely dry. so where the hell did he get the chakra for the seal 2 since he was using seal 1 for quite a while in the fight? this is messed up.

Stoopider
Sat, 03-18-2006, 05:21 AM
Unless Jiraiya has been teaching Naruto how to use the Kyuubi powers, remember that he said that Naruto has endless chakra, might as well teach him the superpower stuff rather than how to walk on water and crap stuff like that.

Hopefully i'll be more intelligent tactics. With endless chakra, and neverending Kage Bunshins, there's unlimited things he can do. Theoretically he should be sending an army of them while his real him be sitting back with a lemonade in his hand and enjoying the fight in a distance.

Hakeem_21
Sat, 03-18-2006, 07:07 PM
Hopefully Jiraya has tought him some cool moves maybe some frog jutsus just like Jiraya. Im not worried about him not fighting smart, he did outsmart Kakashi in the second test of the bells after he came back.

A good chapter and finaly!!!! someone told him he shoudlnt rely on Kyubi. Yamato isnt actually a waste of time unlike most new characters in Naruto. I actually like him.

Tonsus
Sat, 03-18-2006, 10:33 PM
Hopefully i'll be more intelligent tactics. With endless chakra, and neverending Kage Bunshins, there's unlimited things he can do. Theoretically he should be sending an army of them while his real him be sitting back with a lemonade in his hand and enjoying the fight in a distance.That does seem like the most effective strategy, but doesn't that sort of interfere with his "way of the ninja" by not being afraid of going head first into an intense battle?

darkmetal505
Sat, 03-18-2006, 11:29 PM
That does seem like the most effective strategy, but doesn't that sort of interfere with his "way of the ninja" by not being afraid of going head first into an intense battle?

Not really, Naruto's "way of the ninja" was more about not giving up and beating his opponents. Him charging ahead was just being stupid.

Hakeem_21
Sun, 03-19-2006, 06:27 AM
Hehe yeah his charging ahead could have been mistaken for his way of ninja but he was just stupid cause it never works. Just took him longer than others to realize that.

Munsu
Sun, 03-19-2006, 06:42 PM
Though I would like for Naruto to have learned a couple of new jutsus... I hope he has learned more of taijutsu. There's nothing better than seeing someone kicking someone's ass with his barehands.

But seriously, we are at the point where Naruto, and we as readers, needs to learn who he really is, who his parents were, and what he is really capable of, kyuubi or not.

samsonlonghair
Mon, 03-20-2006, 03:23 AM
Somehow, I just can't see Naruto learning too much Taijutsu. It's not his style to concentrate on anything that won't give him instant gratification. Jiraiya probably just taught him some other super-powerful move.

Hakeem_21
Mon, 03-20-2006, 07:58 AM
Also he was never good with taijutsu so i cant see him using more taijutsu in the future.

Jiraya prolly focused on his strengts,his chakra stamina and unlimited kyubi chakra. Which should mean super powerful moves.

darkshadow
Tue, 03-21-2006, 03:20 PM
naruto is finally getting interesting again, i mean with his kyuubi gone ( well sorta sealed ), we cant rely on the basic logic of him using kyuubi over and over, i wonder how he is gonna fight now

Stoopider
Wed, 03-22-2006, 02:46 AM
I hope Naruto turns Evil. Huhuhuhuh...

You know what.. Having seen 4 tails have given me a new fresh respect for the Fourth Hokage. Imagine if Orochimaru had such a shit time fighting it, and it nearly killed Jiraiya, It's respectable that the Fourth took all 9 tails on, and used his jutsu to seal it.

Hakeem_21
Wed, 03-22-2006, 08:35 AM
Yeah the Fourth must have been unblievable strong if he beat 9 tails when 4tails can kill a sannin. Funny how Oro thought he should have hogake instead of the fourth, he must have alot better than Oro. Man its cruel that we didnt see in the gaiden the fourth fight.

I really hope Jiraya teached Naruto one or two Fourth jutsus. It could be so since its clichè enough that he and Naruto are related.

Munsu
Wed, 03-22-2006, 08:54 AM
Also he was never good with taijutsu so i cant see him using more taijutsu in the future.

Isn't that the point of improving? Eliminating weaknesses, and if his taijustsu was a weakness, then learning more about it and improving on it should be a priority.

dragon608608
Wed, 03-22-2006, 04:39 PM
lol, the Fourth didn't beat the Nine Tails, he just simply seal him using the Death ninjutsu with his life as the offer. Remember when Sasuke almost beat Naruto when he developed the third dots shringan? There is the sceen that the Kuuybi said to Naruto, "You are weak just like that man who seal me." I petty sure the Kuuybi used "that man who seal me" as the represent for the Fourth.

As the the fight between The NIne Tails and Orochimaru, the Orochimaru losing result was pretty much predictable. In fact, I don't think anyone can win against the Nine Tails. Why? well remember back when Naruto first left the village to search for Tusunade to become the Fifth Hokage? That is when Kisame said this to Itachi (anime only), "He is too strong. You may fight him evenly, but i can not." Itachi answer, "Yeah, we would both likely to be kill. In a good case, we would be able die with him. Even if we has more man the result will not change." I am very sure that both Itachi and Kisame talk about Naruto and the NIne Tails. I mean why they have to said all that to Jiraiya. I am sure that Jiraiya is strong but not that strong. Orochimaru was mocking Jiraiya and see him as the inferior. However, even Orochimaru admit that he was no match for Itachi (watch the Sasuke run away arc). From this deduction, why the hell did Itachi say even him and Kisame combine power was no match for Jiraiya and they both likely to be kill? From this we can see how much power the Nine Tails has and forget about saying that the Fourth has beat the Nine Tails or Orochimaru beat the Nine Tails? Hah, I don't think anyone (even the Tail Monsters) could beat the full power of the Nine Tails easily. That is why the Nine Tails has been deem as the "KING OF TAIL MONSTERS"

Hakeem_21
Thu, 03-23-2006, 08:03 AM
Bud: Im not saying he didnt improve with his taijutsu but that he and Jiraya has other things to improve and train more on than taijutsu. Powerful jutsus that can help him beat the big boys.

Dragon:

The fourth beat him in the only way a human ninja can, you could see the third how much streangt it took to seal ORO's ARMS. Just imagine how much streangt it took to seal a monster with impossible amount of chakra and who is as big as a house. I would say the fourth beat him the only way he can be beaten. Thats why he is a legend and a hero.

Also Itachi and Kisama was talking about the sannin Jiraya not Naruto who kisama took care of a sec when he tried to use kyubi chakra. Naruto would be a match for Kisama now but not then when he coulndt even do a rasengan move. Why would they fear him when they knew he coulndt tap in much of kyubi.