PDA

View Full Version : TV: House

Pages : 1 [2]

Munsu
Tue, 09-28-2010, 07:51 PM
Wow, those siblings where clearly fucking each other.

Nice to see the chick from Cheaper by the Dozen.

rockmanj
Tue, 09-28-2010, 09:05 PM
Wow, those siblings where clearly fucking each other.

They were creepily close. It seems like she was willing to do anything for him. Note: I am not saying full on sex; but a blowie or hj isn't out of the question.

Archangel
Wed, 10-13-2010, 07:04 AM
Lol you guys are creepy, they're just siblings

Third episode was kinda cute, Huddy seems to be going in the right direction

Munsu
Sun, 10-17-2010, 08:30 PM
I laughed my ass off at the Tom Cruise look alike that they used for the male prostitue, the dude from the State Farm commercials.

Animeniax
Mon, 11-15-2010, 12:23 AM
So Olivia Wilde has moved on to bigger and better things (2 movies coming out soon) and they replace her with Amber Tamblyn?? Someone in casting needs to be fired.

poopdeville
Tue, 11-16-2010, 02:11 PM
I'm glad they didn't go with a clone of 13. She was definitely the Scrappy on the show.

Also, it's a drama. Things change. That's where conflict comes from.

Animeniax
Tue, 11-16-2010, 04:12 PM
No doubt, my only gripe is that they replaced eye candy with fruit cake. They could at least have replaced her with more eye candy and still produce conflict and drama.

Animeniax
Mon, 01-17-2011, 08:21 PM
I have to reply again to reiterate my disappointed with Amber Tamblyn as a replacement for the luscious Olivia Wilde. I'm trying to watch the newest episode right now and the show is missing that appeal that a gorgeous chick brings.

I apologize for slandering fruitcake in my previous post. I got some for a Christmas present and that stuff was delicious.

XanBcoo
Mon, 01-17-2011, 09:11 PM
First episode I have seen of this season.

I was right not to keep up with it.

The show still has its charms in its character interactions, but they're getting ridiculously stale.

Sapphire
Tue, 01-18-2011, 11:15 AM
I haven't watched the latest episode yet but I think Amber is gorgeous. She completely reminds me of Amy from Doctor Who. You guys need to watch Doctor Who if you haven't seen it!

I like how Amy... I mean Amber foils the plans of Doc- I mean House, because she is the simply the antithesis of everything he is.

XanBcoo
Tue, 01-18-2011, 04:58 PM
I like how Amy... I mean Amber foils the plans of Doc- I mean House, because she is the simply the antithesis of everything he is.

Perhaps it's played out differently in other episodes, but she didn't foil anything from what I saw.

At first I thought she was just Cameron 2.0.

Sapphire
Tue, 01-18-2011, 06:40 PM
You should watch the previous eps to get the whole history and dynamic.

Animeniax
Tue, 01-18-2011, 11:27 PM
I haven't watched the latest episode yet but I think Amber is gorgeous. She completely reminds me of Amy from Doctor Who. You guys need to watch Doctor Who if you haven't seen it!

You consider Amber gorgeous? Yikes! No offense, but I've never liked her since Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2, when they paired the Asian guy with her. All the hot chicks went to white guys and a mixed guy. Granted the Asian dude wasn't particularly good looking, but still.

Btw, I only saw that movie on a plane, and because Blake Lively is gorgeous in ways.

rockmanj
Tue, 01-18-2011, 11:59 PM
It was a bit stale and predictable, but I did lol a few times; particularly when House drugged both Wilson and Cuddy's mom.

rockmanj
Tue, 02-08-2011, 10:48 PM
Don't know if anyone saw the most recent episode, but it was really good. I really liked the way it was shot as well, with all the stark dark contrasts. I even re-watched a couple of scenes.

Cal_kashi
Sat, 05-28-2011, 04:44 AM
Anyone see the last episode of house? Where House drives into Cuddy's apartment?
WTF? Where do they go from here? From what I've read, where will be one more season,
but without Cuddy. So, how will they make this Okay?

Sapphire
Sat, 05-28-2011, 01:39 PM
This episode glorifies the actions of psychopathic ex-boyfriends. I do not approve.

Cal_kashi
Sun, 05-29-2011, 12:32 AM
Glorifies how? Both Cuddy and Wilson want him arrested, AND Wilson tries to help find him. He may feel happy, temporarily, but he has lost everything for all intents and purposes.

Sapphire
Sun, 05-29-2011, 07:43 AM
Because House is the embodiment of the tall, dark, and handsome genius with a tortured inner soul. In terms of different types of romance/sexing material, that's top tier. Thus, the audience automatically sympathizes with or admires everything House does or says, no matter how despicable.

Cal_kashi
Mon, 05-30-2011, 12:07 AM
While I agree with you that throughout the years we've come to trust House and believe that what he does is justified and that he comes out of things looking good. That's not how I felt after the last ep though, this is bad and house looks really bad.
I guess we have to agree to disagree and see how this plays out. I don't think house is #winning, or that this showed him in a good light whatsoever. I think this will be the beginning of the end for him and maybe by the end we will all really hate him.

Lucifus
Mon, 05-30-2011, 01:16 AM
Ditto, theres no respect for House in what he just did. Thats batshyt over the top.

I don't see House having a happy ending after this.

SilentSnake
Mon, 05-30-2011, 09:42 AM
loled hard, but that was insane. But I see what they did there.

The relationship with Cuddy was too nice for the series, so they had to add some spice back.
And there you have it... "House driving into Cuddy's apartment should do the trick" is probably what the writers thought.

Hugh Laurie signed for the last season anyway, so they can make a good ending season with some insane stuff going on.

Either way, it should be good even without Cuddy, or at least let's hope so.

I will forgive the show if House gets a bad end.

I think it's possible he'll die from overdose or in a wacky accident. Or just doing something sophisticated and stupid at the same time.

Sapphire
Mon, 05-30-2011, 09:43 AM
I will forgive the show if House gets a bad end.

rockmanj
Thu, 06-09-2011, 02:58 PM
l

I think it's possible he'll die from overdose or in a wacky accident. Or just doing something sophisticated and stupid at the same time.

LOL at "wacky accident", but yea, that shit was unforgivable. I don't know how they could possibly bring him back. Maybe it will be House MD: Tropical Doctor or something. And Taub's wife has obviously never heard of text messaging. I don't know how I feel about him knocking up 2 ladies at the same time. What was that phrase I used to hear (about having kids that are the same age from different mothers). I can't believe a doctor would go without contraception...what an idiot.

Sapphire
Thu, 06-09-2011, 03:46 PM
I too hate plot points based on stupidity of humans. Maybe she's just lying to get him back. That would be more acceptable.

The Heretic Azazel
Sat, 06-11-2011, 06:38 AM
Ditto, theres no respect for House in what he just did. Thats batshyt over the top.

I don't see House having a happy ending after this.

I say good for House. It's healthy to express your feelings.

Sapphire
Sat, 06-11-2011, 08:00 AM
Next season is last season, and Cuddy won't be in it? I bet House is going to get a happy ending and end up with Cuddy, though. They've been loving each other for too long, I just see their separation as a minor bump in the road. Sadly.

Cal_kashi
Wed, 10-05-2011, 12:39 AM
House started again last night; and House is in Jail! I thought the episode was pretty great. Because of the new environment, they got to have a lot of new fun with House. As this is the last season I'm fairly excited to see what they do with the series and how they wind down. I put even money on House dying.

rockmanj
Tue, 10-11-2011, 03:20 PM
His new assistant/team member looks about 12.

Alhuin
Tue, 10-11-2011, 04:09 PM
I'm not fond of the new team member. Foreman being the new dean wasn't that surprising, but I definitely thought he'd use a lot more of his authority over House, since he's always wanted it. This episode alone isn't enough to convince me this season will be good.

Xollence
Thu, 10-27-2011, 06:18 PM
Not liking the new season. I guarantee they'll get rid of the Asian girl. She's just a filler.

Alhuin
Mon, 11-07-2011, 02:20 AM
Yeah... I can't figure out why the producers of the show would go so far as to stop her from getting on a plane back to her homeland just to star in this season, when she is obviously the weakest link. What else has she been in that could have been good?

As far as the latest episode... I wouldn't be surprised if the destruction at the end of the episode comes back to haunt the new girl in the next, or a later episode. It seems very House-like to provoke an act such as that, then leave them with the consequences, and constantly hold it over their head.

Sapphire
Wed, 11-09-2011, 08:22 AM
A petite woman with a sharp, witty (yet nerdy) tongue is just what I like to see on TV. Something I'd only expect to read about in Urban Fantasies.

Animeniax
Wed, 11-09-2011, 08:59 AM
Yeah but why does she have to be a homely Asian girl? Why does the Asian girl have to be unpleasant as well as ugly with a bowl cut? Where are the buck teef? It's all the worse that they bring on another new girl who is gorgeous and Caucasian. Why couldn't the Asian be tall and hot and the white girl short and squat? Hollywood sux.

Sapphire
Wed, 11-09-2011, 09:09 AM
Seeing only "attractive" people on TV is boring.

I like how the UK will give someone butt ugly the lead as long as they can act he part. And if they can act, it pulls me in better.

Animeniax
Wed, 11-09-2011, 09:56 AM
Yes but attractiveness is so relative. They should bring in someone who will appeal to at least 25% of their demographic. The Asian girl will appeal to maybe 1%, and that's just the nerds who would still rather see a hot girl be bitchy than an ugly girl.

Alhuin
Wed, 11-09-2011, 11:53 AM
It all falls on the bowl cut, in my opinion. If she had a better hairstyle, she might be more attractive.

Animeniax
Wed, 11-09-2011, 04:45 PM
It all falls on the bowl cut, in my opinion. If she had a better hairstyle, she might be more attractive.Sorry, it's not just the bowl cut.

Sapphire
Wed, 11-09-2011, 04:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMSzI7eceEg

she funny

Splash!
Wed, 11-09-2011, 05:13 PM
I would be willing to look past her looks if her character spoke properly. Her continuous mumbling with no highs or lows just annoys the crap out of me. It is less like an actress playing a nerd but a nerd trying to act.

Alhuin
Wed, 11-09-2011, 06:26 PM
Sorry, it's not just the bowl cut.

Ouch. Hope lost.

rockmanj
Wed, 11-09-2011, 11:04 PM
I don't think she is ugly, just plain. And the bowl cut an her way of talking makes me think of her as Dr. Teenager.

fahoumh
Thu, 11-10-2011, 11:29 PM
Ouch. Hope lost.
QFT.

Wow, she is not attractive...at all.

Sapphire
Fri, 11-11-2011, 12:01 AM
Seeing you all rip on her is ironic considering you're all probably of equal or lesser attractiveness. -_-

Animeniax
Fri, 11-11-2011, 12:38 AM
Seeing you all rip on her is ironic considering you're all probably of equal or lesser attractiveness. -_-Perhaps, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so someone will find her attractive. Plus most of us aren't in the public eye. Since she is, she opens herself to criticism.

Splash!
Fri, 11-11-2011, 12:35 PM
@Sapphire

She is an actress in the public eye. A big part of that is looking attractive (or at least making an effort). If she doesn't look good, then she has a handicap which she may be able to overcome through outstanding acting ability. But that is how it is supposed to work. I say 'supposed to' because of the recent 'ugly is the new beautiful' trend in popular culture which I really dislike.

Regardless, as Animeniax said, she is open to criticism unlike most of us that did not pick her profession. Just like professional sports players who do not perform are open to criticism.

Sapphire
Fri, 11-11-2011, 01:58 PM
And the ugly head of US superficiality rears itself right here.

The purpose of an actor is to act, not to look like a supermodel. I also notice that no one complains and rails about how ugly any of the male actors are, as any male from that show is far from being an Adonis. Do you people even realize your sexism?

rockmanj
Fri, 11-11-2011, 02:18 PM
I have no problem with Charlyne Yi, besides the fact that she looks like a pre-teen with that haircut (and that her character lives with her parents and is beholden to them). I think the superficiality is getting out of hand here though. I am not saying anyone else needs to be bashed either, but actors shouldn't be picked just because they "test well" or "appeal to middle America" or some other crap. That is one of the main reasons people have these horrible body images of themselves (although yes, there are some uggos out there).

Splash!
Fri, 11-11-2011, 03:31 PM
And the ugly head of US superficiality rears itself right here.

The purpose of an actor is to act, not to look like a supermodel. I also notice that no one complains and rails about how ugly any of the male actors are, as any male from that show is far from being an Adonis. Do you people even realize your sexism?

Except I don't think she is a very good actress, regardless of her looks.

But I think it is utter BS to say that looks don't matter in acting (BTW, I don't think physical beauty is always relative). You alluded to the fact that looks definitely matter to supermodels, then tell me why exactly they don't matter AT ALL to actors? A big part of it is capturing the audience, which is more easily done if a person is attractive. Now I am not saying that looks are everything to an actor, but they are definitely an important asset.

As for self esteem issues and people's body images, I have a serious gripe with people trying to rectify the problem by forcefully shoving unattractive people into show business to make shows more accurately depict society. This is entertainment, it's not supposed to be an accurate depiction of society, and anyone who thinks that is beyond stupid. I acknowledge superficiality in real society as a problem, but don't blame pretty people in show business, blame the stupidity of the masses for trying to emulate the imagery they see in TV and movies (which were created for the sole purpose of providing entertainment value).

I will go back to the example of viewing professional sports for entertainment. All the players are at the peak of human athletic ability, but I don't see people getting self-esteem issues because of their general lack of fitness or sporting talent. And even if people did started feeling bad about themselves, I wouldn't expect the solution of the problem to be the introduction of untalented and unfit players into sports teams.

People need to be cautious of how entertainment affects their real lives. They should not try and alter entertainment so that their real lives are still manipluated, but in a different way.

Lastly, I don't understand you calling people who don't like Charlyne Yi's looks sexist. As a heterosexual male, I just don't bother too much with trying to evaluate the attractiveness of other men. But if you would like to do that, then by all means please share. It would be interesting to look at it from a woman's or a homosexual guy's perspective.

Yukimura
Fri, 11-11-2011, 05:30 PM
I think ugly people can make for better characters in many cases. Park looks pretty unattractive to me, but because of that I am forced to evaluate her personality and behaviors to decide whether or not I like her. Dr. Pretty Doctor (not my coinage but I find it very apt) on the other hand I couldn't care less about anything beyond her looks. I see her role on the show as just being hot and wearing trendy outfitss. DPD doesn't need a personality because being hot is her personality and anything she does will just be taken within the context of her hotness and either ignored or marginalized. Looking back at the last few eps of the season she doesn't even seem to have much self identity at all, she just does whatever other smarter more decisive people think and then moralityfags at people based on her apparent rich girl guilt.

I think a similar dichotomy exists between Chase and Taub. Taub looks to me like he'd poll solidly as an like an ugly fuck if you asked a lot of people, alternatively Chase looks like he'd probably test at least above average if not decently well for attractiveness. Now consider the characters and how they are used in the show. Chase doesn't really get much focus outside of working on the cases and with the other cast members. We don't know much of anything about him as a person beyond that he is/was a playboy and can sleep with anyone he wants. Taub on the other hand seems to get a good bit of focus on his personal issues with his wife and his problems with sleeping around, etc. I feel like the reason for this is b/c Chase is supposed to be 'hot' so he doesn't need to have much depth to appeal to the people he's aimed at. He just needs to look a certain way and not say too much or do to much to mess up any fantasies people have about him and he'll get a certain amount of positive feedback from a section of the fanbase. Taub on the other hand can't sustain much of a following based on his looks, he has to have some sort of character or personality to make anyone care about him at all, in his case I guess it would be that he's a sort of lovable buffoon.

While I miss the likes of Masters and Thirteen I have to say I find Parks stark unattractiveness one of the few reasonably refreshing things about this season. Whether she'll turn out to be a character I actually like remains to be seen but she's already got a better chance then DPD who I have determined I like physically and no longer care about at all beyond that.

Y
Fri, 11-11-2011, 05:37 PM
@Sapphire

She is an actress in the public eye. A big part of that is looking attractive (or at least making an effort). If she doesn't look good, then she has a handicap which she may be able to overcome through outstanding acting ability. But that is how it is supposed to work. I say 'supposed to' because of the recent 'ugly is the new beautiful' trend in popular culture which I really dislike.

Regardless, as Animeniax said, she is open to criticism unlike most of us that did not pick her profession. Just like professional sports players who do not perform are open to criticism.

What a repulsive post.

EDIT:

This post is misogynist, objectifying trash.

Alhuin
Fri, 11-11-2011, 06:53 PM
I also notice that no one complains and rails about how ugly any of the male actors are, as any male from that show is far from being an Adonis. Do you people even realize your sexism?

I don't think Taub's actor is very attractive, from an open standpoint. Neither is Hugh Laurie. But Hugh at least has the acting going for him... Taub... well, I don't like his acting either.

The reason I dislike the new girl isn't just about looks, as some others commented on. Her acting isn't very good either, and her character is boring and bland. The Pretty Doctor is just that... a pretty doctor. I don't think she's necessarily a good actress or bad actress, but she is eye candy. Maybe it takes time, though. I didn't like Thirteen when she first started, but after a season or so, she was pretty good.

rockmanj
Fri, 11-11-2011, 09:43 PM
I don't think Taub's actor is very attractive, from an open standpoint. Neither is Hugh Laurie. But Hugh at least has the acting going for him... Taub... well, I don't like his acting either.

The reason I dislike the new girl isn't just about looks, as some others commented on. Her acting isn't very good either, and her character is boring and bland. The Pretty Doctor is just that... a pretty doctor. I don't think she's necessarily a good actress or bad actress, but she is eye candy. Maybe it takes time, though. I didn't like Thirteen when she first started, but after a season or so, she was pretty good.

Apparently, a lot of people find Hugh Laurie "hot". I think the thing about Taub and Dr. Teenager is that they are fairly "normal" looking people which I don't really have a problem with. Films are kind of about escapism, but also about people. Most people don't look like Olivia Wilde, Lisa Edelstein or Omar Epps. I don't see why you have to be "Hollywood hot" to be in the public eye. Like Splash said (even though there were some horrible things in that post), it should be about the actor's, I don't know...ability to act. Maybe that is just me using common sense.

Xollence
Sat, 12-10-2011, 01:28 PM
I don't care about her looks, I just find her character extremely annoying.

BakaDave
Sat, 12-10-2011, 03:31 PM
She can't act, she knows it, and it shows. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_01Dzi5pcI
About it. Hilariously awkward, just about it.

Sapphire
Sat, 12-10-2011, 03:38 PM
Oh shit she read this forum.

Sapphire
Thu, 02-02-2012, 09:25 AM
Oh, god. I hate Pretty Doctor even more, now.

Insisting on calling social services on a girl who clearly said she was being abused? Egregious.

Munsu
Thu, 02-02-2012, 11:33 AM
@BakaDave, can you find that vid again, it's been removed.

I've actually liked that actress in some previous projects, but I really don't care for her on House. Kinda miss the Joan of Arcadia chick.

Munsu
Wed, 02-08-2012, 09:53 PM
I thought Monday's episode was pretty good, and some news...

It has been decided that this will be the last season of House, so enjoy it while it lasts.

knifecrew
Thu, 02-09-2012, 10:08 PM
I heard from a friend that House is to end this season, but that's a good thing. I'd been discussing this sometime in the past around when this season first started. And it seems that most everyone I've spoken to all agree that it should end. Quite honestly, I have to agree. As much as I wish it would have taken a different turn before this season began, we cannot turn back time. The best thing to do now is end it before it gets worse. It's actually not that bad and I'm curious to see how they end the season. I have faith it will be great!

Sapphire
Wed, 02-15-2012, 11:32 AM
This episode was amazing. Why does House have to end?? At least it goes up to episode 22.

Munsu
Wed, 02-15-2012, 12:52 PM
Don't know, seem like the producers, etc. decided it was time. Though still love the show, it's been losing some steam, and ratings wise it hasn't been performing that good.

The loss of House will hurt FOX a lot, they still haven't recovered from their loss of 24, and now with House and all their shows pretty much underperforming, they need a hit show very badly.

Alhuin
Thu, 02-16-2012, 02:54 AM
I don't see how they can end the series without killing-off House. He's already done and been through so much that just having him quit doesn't seem a likely finale. If he can go through rehab and prison, among other things, and the show continues, then death is the only thing I can think of to nail the coffin shut.

Maybe they'll renew Lie to Me.

Sapphire
Thu, 02-16-2012, 08:35 AM
They don't have to end the show by ending the story.

Animeniax
Thu, 02-16-2012, 10:27 AM
They should end the series with a cliffhanger that will lead into the House Movie. They can call it House Party III. They can have 13 and the new tall brunette hook up, as well as resolving other issues with a cage fight between Foreman and House, and bring back Cuddy and the blonde from the early seasons.

Alhuin
Thu, 02-16-2012, 01:39 PM
They don't have to end the show by ending the story.

They don't, but:

If he can be shot, and come back,
If he can quit and come back,
If he can overdose and come back,
If he can go to rehab and come back,
If he can leave the country and come back,
If he can go to prison and come back,
Then I find it hard to believe they can justify any other type of physical leave. We all know House loves puzzles, and loves his job... the only way I see for that to permanently end is for him to die. Otherwise, there's always the open possibility of coming back.

Now, the producers may want to leave it open-ended on purpose, for a chance to come back later. But that wouldn't make for an honest series finale. So I wouldn't view it as such.

Munsu
Thu, 02-16-2012, 02:51 PM
The show will end with House waking up from a dream, smiling to the camera and saying "everyone lies". The END.

Animeniax
Thu, 02-16-2012, 03:21 PM
The show will end with House waking up from a dream, smiling to the camera and saying "everyone lies". The END.
Is that a reference to "Lie to Me"?

Sapphire
Thu, 02-16-2012, 05:37 PM
They don't, but:

If he can be shot, and come back,
If he can quit and come back,
If he can overdose and come back,
If he can go to rehab and come back,
If he can leave the country and come back,
If he can go to prison and come back,
Then I find it hard to believe they can justify any other type of physical leave. We all know House loves puzzles, and loves his job... the only way I see for that to permanently end is for him to die. Otherwise, there's always the open possibility of coming back.

Now, the producers may want to leave it open-ended on purpose, for a chance to come back later. But that wouldn't make for an honest series finale. So I wouldn't view it as such.

Does something about the show indicate that the series will end in "something he can't come back from" or is that just your interpretation of the structure of the series?

Alhuin
Thu, 02-16-2012, 06:42 PM
The fact that he's come back from so much is my basis for believing that the show has to end with "something he can't come back from".

Sapphire
Thu, 02-16-2012, 07:39 PM
That's the structural basis of all serialized shows as opposed to "epic" shows, though. (think of shounen)

TwisT
Thu, 02-16-2012, 08:39 PM
Well it's said that Olivia Wilde will return in the season finale. Maybe her Huntington's have progressed so far that House will honor what he said and be the one to kill her. And that will make such an impact on House that he leaves for good this time. Or it might be like you say. House dies and Olivia comes back to honor House at his funeral or something.

Shit i can't wait until the finale. But at the same times it makes me sad since it won't be anymore House.

Munsu
Thu, 02-16-2012, 09:50 PM
Is that a reference to "Lie to Me"?

No, it's a reference to the premise of the House... "everyone lies".

Animeniax
Thu, 02-16-2012, 11:33 PM
Well it's said that Olivia Wilde will return in the season finale. Maybe her Huntington's have progressed so far that House will honor what he said and be the one to kill her. And that will make such an impact on House that he leaves for good this time. Or it might be like you say. House dies and Olivia comes back to honor House at his funeral or something.

Shit i can't wait until the finale. But at the same times it makes me sad since it won't be anymore House.

That would tie things up nicely, but I'd like to see Cuddy and what's her face the blonde also make an appearance. Though I'd hate it if they had the typical scenario where House dies, and all these people from shows past make appearances to reminisce and eulogize at his funeral.

Also, reruns of House are very fulfilling.

knifecrew
Tue, 04-24-2012, 12:05 AM
Cuddy won't be making a return, but it's been confirmed that 13, Masters and possibly Kutner will (in some form). Is anyone still watching this? There are only four episodes left and I am psyched with the way they left things off.

fahoumh
Tue, 04-24-2012, 09:20 AM
I'm still watching the show. I didn't care much for last night's episode...or this entire season, for that matter. I don't know why the writers decided to make house into such an asshole this season.

Animeniax
Tue, 04-24-2012, 12:01 PM
Might be so we won't miss him as much once he's gone.

knifecrew
Tue, 04-24-2012, 01:10 PM
I'm not a huge fan of this season myself either, but I am hoping for the best. I quite enjoy House being a complete dick, though. And judging by the next episode's previews, it looked like he would not be portrayed as an asshole.

fahoumh
Thu, 04-26-2012, 09:33 PM
Might be so we won't miss him as much once he's gone.

Ah, good point.

I'm not a huge fan of this season myself either, but I am hoping for the best. I quite enjoy House being a complete dick, though. And judging by the next episode's previews, it looked like he would not be portrayed as an asshole.

I know he's supposed to be a dick, but I think they've carried it too far into "monster" territory (by "monster" I mean someone completely devoid of any soul). I haven't seen any previews for next week's episode...and sometimes I like that.

knifecrew
Sun, 04-29-2012, 02:02 PM
What others see as devoid of any soul, I see as completely passionate and emotional. House is merely portrayed in a way that most people would not act or think to act (also, quite obviously overboard for entertainments sake). You see this in his facial expressions, you see it in his odd and sometimes over the top behavior. House cares, but he just does not care the way you do. I'd wager to say that he has a 'soul' (but that's an entirely different subject). I just think he is compelled to release his anger, sadness and disappointment in an unhealthy way. It's like trying to kick a nasty drug habit. You really have to want to change and then make the effort. But you also have to realize that you're going to stumble on the way, have setbacks, etc. House is not at that point in his life yet, as made painfully apparent by the writers. And considering the fact there are only four episodes left, I cannot see him wanting to make that change.

The fact that they would dare to make our anti-hero the kind of person that people cannot relate to or hate or don't understand is brilliant. I get it, anyway. It's also understandable that the audience would want to find some sort of "soul" to connect to on their own terms within House's character, but there is a deviation there and that is why I love this show.

knifecrew
Tue, 05-22-2012, 12:07 AM
Anyone catch the series finale? It's still sinking in.

fahoumh
Tue, 05-22-2012, 12:40 AM
I watched it. I actually like how they ended the series.

knifecrew
Tue, 05-22-2012, 01:07 AM
I'm starting to get used to the fact with how they ended it as well, and as I'm talking to my friends about it, I realize I like it. I think it was perfect.

gos27
Fri, 05-25-2012, 07:09 PM
Just watched the last episode there, really enjoyed it, great ending. Sad to see it's over after 8 seasons though :(

Archangel
Sat, 05-26-2012, 01:35 PM
Ultimate bromance ending, i liked it.

Why wasn't Cuddy in the episode though?

knifecrew
Sat, 05-26-2012, 04:59 PM
She left the series after season 7 and that whole shpeel between her and House, never came back into season 8. She was in the look-back episode "Swan Song" and made some commentary on the whole thing, which was nice.