PDA

View Full Version : TV: The Shield

Wilik
Tue, 03-14-2006, 11:17 PM
Alright lets give this a try, we are 1 ep away from the end of the season but oh well, I want to see what people have to say.

Lem prepares to plead guilty to heroin charges; Dutch and Claudette's friendship is tested.
"Of Mice and Lem" Episode #510. (http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/the_shield/main.html)

Discuss here this weeks ep here, no spoliers till after the ep airs on the east coast.

The Heretic Azazel
Wed, 03-15-2006, 12:10 AM
The Shield kicks fuckin ass. Lemanski is taking the fall and Antwan is PISSED. Seems like Vic's plans always fuck up. Bad news for Lemanski so he's going to Mexico, hmm.

Vic (to Kavannaugh) "Oh, by the way, your wife's pussy tastes like sweet buttah" LMAO

Wilik
Wed, 03-15-2006, 01:05 AM
What was up with Lem throwing up blood though? I think that was just weird and didnt really tie in anywhere to whats been happening. And Kavannaugh trying to get with Vic's wife? Oh man, if Vic finds out that guy is so dead. I cant wait to see what happens to Antwan, I have a feeling Vic is gonna fuck him and Kavannaugh up in the last ep.

The Heretic Azazel
Wed, 03-15-2006, 02:27 AM
Before the ending of the episode, given how many blows Kavannaugh has been dealt in this episode, I figure he's gonna do something fucked up and then kill himself.

Whitaker's acting was supreme in this episode. Truly. His tangent in the office before he is kicked out of it, is awesome. I love the Shield. I mean, Kavannaugh is the antagonist but everything he says is the truth. Vic is a cop killer, though it was a mistake the team went to great lengths to cover that up, he ripped off the Armenian mob, he beats suspects around. It's not procedure but it's his way. Its just that Kavannaugh isn't interested in the good side of what Vic does, and why should he, its an investigation. You can't tell the good guys from the bad guys sometimes, they even change depending on how you define good and bad, and that's refreshing

masamuneehs
Wed, 03-15-2006, 06:49 AM
goddamnit this is another awesome show that I'm missing out on while I'm taking a semester abroad. 24 and Shield are like my bread and butter... And I know it's sorta a double-standard to practice, since I do DL anime, but I don't like doing that with TV/movies.

This show rocks hard.

rockmanj
Thu, 03-23-2006, 10:19 AM
The last ep was pretty good also. I mean i knew shane was gonna do somethin crazy, but i didnt expect that

Zidarri the Exile
Thu, 03-23-2006, 04:54 PM
I can't get enough of this show!

My friend is gonna burn every episode onto a DVD-R for me tonight. I can't wait!

Wilik
Thu, 03-23-2006, 08:40 PM
The last ep was pretty good also. I mean i knew shane was gonna do somethin crazy, but i didnt expect that

No kidding... I totally didnt expect that to happen, I cant wait for next season!

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 03-23-2006, 09:36 PM
Wow... just wow. Lemanski was gonna go to the fucking pen, quite possibly with Antwan Mitchell, just to save his friends. And Shane does that.

Shane is the biggest piece of shit I have ever seen on any tv show, ever

rockmanj
Thu, 03-23-2006, 09:39 PM
Well, i mean i kind of understand where he is coming from, but that was a shitty way to kill somebody. And i mean, they could have forced lem to go to mexico probably. But Shane went and fucked it all up. And on another note, Dutch usin pimping on the rookie?? Masterful.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 03-23-2006, 11:12 PM
You see where he's coming from?

HE BLEW UP HIS BEST FRIEND WITH A GRENADE.

Fucking lousy. Couldn't even drop it in without distracting Lem with food. Shane will get his.

Rockman, your ex wifes pussy tastes like sweet butter :cool:

rockmanj
Thu, 03-23-2006, 11:37 PM
You see where he's coming from?

HE BLEW UP HIS BEST FRIEND WITH A GRENADE.

Fucking lousy. Couldn't even drop it in without distracting Lem with food. Shane will get his.

Rockman, your ex wifes pussy tastes like sweet butter :cool:

:cool: whatever, I aint never been married, and besides if i was vic, i woulda done the same. Even tho she is crazy...

Wilik
Thu, 03-23-2006, 11:51 PM
She may be crazy, but she was pretty damn hot...

Munsu
Tue, 07-04-2006, 03:45 PM
I started watching The Shield a week ago, man what an awesome show... I'm up to episode 10 of season 2 right now... hopefully I'll catch up soon enough. Mac and Dutch are awesome.

Alright, now I'm up go date, can't wait for the next season to start. Shane is a fucking pussy... the best thing of that scene was when Lem was still alive after the blast, so fucked up.

I expect Vic to kick some serious ass next season, he kept his cool throughout the last season, more than he had done in the previous seasons. At the moment, he's a ticking time bomb, and everyone is going to get fucked up by him.

Do you guys think that Vic will find out about Shane eventually? Or do you think that it'll be pinned on somebody else?

And Wilik, about Lem throwing up blood, he had done that before in a previous season when he got an ulser or some shit. It was a sign of him having a lot of shit to deal with and him not being able to handle it well, for example with covering up the Money Train robbery.

Sorry to triple post, but I've fucking found Lem...

Was watching the pilot for the new Aquaman series, and that mofo is the sherif there.

A couple of weeks old news, but news some of you fans might be interested in and not know about. The next season start date has been set for April 3, about two months from now. Also, it seems like the 7th season will be the final season.

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-theshieldseasonsixpremiere,0,2455294.story

Triple posting to remind you guys that The Shield season 6 starts tomorrow... Don't miss it.

Go to the FX site and check out the trailer and the promosode if you haven't yet:
http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/the_shield/

Munsu
Fri, 04-06-2007, 06:24 AM
Had to merge my posts, this would've been my quadruple post in a row. No one here checked the season premiere yet?

Freaking awesome episode, especially the last couple of scenes... The last crime scene was disgusting, body parts everywhere. And Forrest Whitaker, great as always... planting evidence on Vic's room, can't wait for the next episode.

rockmanj
Fri, 04-06-2007, 08:42 AM
I caught it, in bits and pieces. That shit at the end was freakin disgusting..i bet it has something to do with antoine or something (btw,he's still alive, right?). And I kinda thought the littel "Dick'n Granny" subplot was kinda funny. Apparently, that hot litte rookie cop is a bit of a freak....interesting. but Julian kinda pisses me off, i mean nothing against that gays, and no pun intended, but he's way too anal and uptight. He just needs to get himself a hot latin lover or something, and stop being a stick in the mud.

Munsu
Sun, 04-08-2007, 10:14 AM
Yeah, the "Dick'n Granny" was great. It's been too long since I've seen the series, I don't really remember the Antoine story line.

rockmanj
Wed, 04-11-2007, 06:50 PM
so kavanaugh finally gets his...a little anti-climactic, but ill take it. But man, vic on a rampage is just plain scary; i cant wait to see what he does to that POS shane when he finds out what really happened...

Munsu
Thu, 04-12-2007, 03:19 AM
Well, even though it was anti-climatic I liked the way it ended... But man, next episode is going to be insane. I don't know if you saw the previews, but Vic has gone crazy and Shane is messed up.

rockmanj
Thu, 04-12-2007, 01:48 PM
Hmm, I downloaded it, so i didnt catch the previews. It kinda ruins the suprise, though. You're saying Vic is going further over the edge?? Geez...he's like freakin Leonidus. But do you think the show will end with him killing shane?

I cant believe more people on the forums dont watch this show...

Munsu
Thu, 04-12-2007, 09:42 PM
Episode 3 got leaked! or aired in some other country...

http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?info_hash=ddaf6cfd81b7a5dcb9828f964ad 144189b53ba46

rockmanj
Fri, 04-13-2007, 08:39 AM
Don't even know if i should do the spoiler thing; seems like we're the only 2 watching it

Spolier

Shane's face is looking guiltier by the second; but he's got a tough choice to make. If Vic finds out that he's the killer, i think he would literally eat his face, then kill his family...i mean he's just plain evil now...and Shane's just as bad. LOL at Dutch trying to seduce the rookie with wine; im sure the pills were coming next...

Munsu
Fri, 04-13-2007, 10:06 AM
I was sure that Ronnie was going to bed the Rookie... she seemed turned on everytime Ronnie did something badass.

rockmanj
Fri, 04-13-2007, 12:51 PM
I'm pretty sure she's a whore...her breasts are always way too perky...and she like to see people get roughed up. But then again she appreciates Dutch's imtellecutal aproach (she's the one that wanted to go to his house). Chinese fingercuffs, anyone?

Munsu
Thu, 04-19-2007, 08:48 PM
Episode 4 and 5 are out!

http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?info_hash=1f5f11ea7205960dbe15c08f1a8 93a886641d31e
http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?info_hash=c3d28bafd2c5b76f5654d47b852 9754413a49978

rockmanj
Sun, 04-22-2007, 03:31 AM
ill be late in watchin them since im on dial up til further notice -_-

Munsu
Fri, 04-27-2007, 03:04 AM
6 and 7 are now out:
http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?info_hash=055e7f113b512dd1ac1db054da9 1f9cddbad6274
http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?info_hash=444d6016dafbd29682addec8f90 1fb10c897ca80

Do say when you catch up.

rockmanj
Sun, 05-20-2007, 01:05 PM
Finally caught up, and saw the whole of season 6...looks like
Vic got lucky with that bust, and now i guess he and Acaveda are back in league together. The Shane stuff was kinda interesting too, its like he always finds a way to screw shit up...and it almost got 3 famlies killed. I dont know how i felt about that Hiatt guy getting canned; i mean he makes one mistake (screwing Tina isnt really a mistake in my book), and he gets canned?? After all the shit Vic does, he's been a cop for like 15 years, so it kinda doesent make sense. Anyway, great show, looking forward to the 2nd season.

Munsu
Thu, 06-07-2007, 05:20 PM
He didn't get canned for screwing her. He got canned because he fucked up all gang relations and operations the station had by doing meaningless arrests. The result was the gangs attacking innocent people instead of fighting and keeping the damage among themselves.

Can't wait for next season... I think it's the final season, it should be a good one. And it'll be interesting to see Aceveda and Vic finally working together.

Xrlderek
Wed, 06-20-2007, 03:04 PM
I started watching this a few days ago, seen up to episode 4 of season 2 -- loving it so far, awesome show.
Edit: I've finally finished watching all episodes out. Eagerly anticipating the next season. Best show I've seen in a long while.

Munsu
Wed, 03-05-2008, 03:28 AM
Well, for those interested on when the next season will start, here's some information:

Question: When does the new season of The Shield start? — Jordan

Ausiello: At long last, answers! An FX insider tells me that the highly anticipated seventh and final season of The Shield will debut in September. There was some talk of it returning in the summer, but then it would have to compete with the Olympics. And as tough as Mackey is, he's no match for this awesomeness.

The Heretic Azazel
Wed, 03-05-2008, 11:45 AM
Pffff. Mackey could win the whole Olympics if he wanted to.

Very sad that it's the last season of such a great show.

Munsu
Wed, 03-05-2008, 12:01 PM
Pffff. Mackey could win the whole Olympics if he wanted to.

Very sad that it's the last season of such a great show.
I'm actually glad because they have a planned ending, instead of shutting it down unexpectedly. Hopefully this means an appropiate ending.

Munsu
Thu, 08-28-2008, 02:45 PM
Well for you guys that don't know, or just need a reminder, The Shield returns next week September 2 with season 7... it's last season.

To get ready for it, here's a cool 12 minute clip highlighting everything that has ocurred in the series:
http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2008/08/your-handy-prim.html

Here are some promos for next season:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIGPTI-znt0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5xwYp4sn6Q

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 08-28-2008, 04:56 PM
It's an amazing series, I cannot wait to see the finale. If I have the time I'm going to binge on all the past seasons, or at least as much as I can. I'm sad to see the series go, but it's going with a thunderous exit, I'm sure.

rockmanj
Wed, 09-03-2008, 10:11 AM
Did anyone catch the new episode? Good shit, I think! There was a lot of maneuvering going on; some successful, some just plain dumb (i.e. Billings) But overall, good intro to the last season. Any thoughts about the strike team's gang war manufacture? Those guys are as ruthless as ever, and with all the Machiavellian shit going down, I'm not sure who's going to make it out alive. I mean, it looks like Vic's holding all the cards so far, but things can change pretty quickly with this show. But, yea, great ep.

Munsu
Wed, 09-10-2008, 07:29 AM
Finally managed to watched the first episode of the season, and it was awesome...

What do you think happened to the Latin dude that Vic left tied up where he killed the guy last season (forgot his name)? Did Vic just left him there... to die? Did he end up killing him?

As always, Billings was awesome.

Let's get ready for the bloodbath. Hopefully I'll watch episode 2 tonight, any of you guys seen it yet?

rockmanj
Wed, 09-10-2008, 11:30 AM
Well, now we know what happened. Vic just had him chained up in some garage. Liked the back and forth between Billings and Dutch, and actually became saddened by the spook street scenes; pretty much because it reminded me of like the sheer ignorance of the people I grew up around (but I digress). Pretty good ep. and Vic's still at his chess games. I'm just wondering who's gonna put him in check on the other side of the board(s), because he's almost got his hands in too many things for something to no fuck up.

Munsu
Mon, 09-15-2008, 12:16 PM
"The one man demolition crew"...

Just watched episode 2... good stuff. Billings is 2 for 2, and bonus points for handling the Vic situation gracefully. Speaking of that, Vic needs to get rid of his daughter. She's been a pain in the ass since the first season.

Episode 3 tomorrow.

Munsu
Fri, 10-03-2008, 12:50 PM
Well, just watched up to episode 5.

The teenage "serial killer" storyline is interesting. I was waiting for that Sophie chick to have something interesting in this storyline, should've known that Pezuela had his grips on her. Cassidy sucks... Vic should just killer her and get it over with.

The Heretic Azazel
Wed, 11-26-2008, 04:20 AM
HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT.

I can't believe Vic rolled on Ronnie! The absolute nerve of that worm!

I'm glad his ass is chained to the desk for the next three years, it's probably worse than prison as far as he's concerned. You go Corinne, stand up for yourself and get away from that guy. When she told him she would relay info from Mara to him when Mara and Shane were on the run, she said she would do it if she and the kids could get away from him, and he didn't even flinch.

He really thought he was invincible to the very end.

And Shane. Goddamn Shane, what was the use of killing his son? Such selfishness.

Munsu
Thu, 11-27-2008, 01:17 AM
Just watched the finale.... is there really any need to say anything besides, fucking awesome? Show went full circle and gave a GREAT ending. It's very hard to find a great ending to a story, but these guys pulled it off beautifully.

One thing is for certain, Vic wont be chained to his desk. He managed to get his smirk on and his reliable gun on his back.

Here are two great interviews with the creator Shawn Ryan on the finale:
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2008/11/shield-boss-ans.html
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Shield-Shawn-Ryan-1000235.aspx

rockmanj
Thu, 11-27-2008, 01:47 AM
I can't say enough yet...I'm still in shock...But a great way to end the series! Like of course there are loose ends (like Ronnie might go to jail, but for how long? there's no evidence, and if Vic testifies, he's far from a credible witness; add to that they need more corroborating evidence than that person's partner, but Ronnie's rage was great!) but otherwise, yea, a great ending.

Corrine though...ugh; I can't stand how much of a cowardly bitch she is. She took all that money for all those years, and didn't say a word. And she knew Vic cared about his kids more than anything. I kinda wished that she got killed instead of Jackson (the Shane resolution was so sad...), and I would say that besides her, everyone got what they deserved (well, actually she has to raise 3 children [2 autistic ones] by herself because of her selfishness and cowardice. I guess she doesn't get off that easy.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 11-27-2008, 11:24 PM
I can't say enough yet...I'm still in shock...But a great way to end the series! Like of course there are loose ends (like Ronnie might go to jail, but for how long? there's no evidence, and if Vic testifies, he's far from a credible witness; add to that they need more corroborating evidence than that person's partner, but Ronnie's rage was great!) but otherwise, yea, a great ending.

Corrine though...ugh; I can't stand how much of a cowardly bitch she is. She took all that money for all those years, and didn't say a word. And she knew Vic cared about his kids more than anything. I kinda wished that she got killed instead of Jackson (the Shane resolution was so sad...), and I would say that besides her, everyone got what they deserved (well, actually she has to raise 3 children [2 autistic ones] by herself because of her selfishness and cowardice. I guess she doesn't get off that easy.

Ronnie's rage was truly great. The only time he said more than a few words this whole series, was when Kavannaugh was speaking with him a couple of seasons ago so it was nice.

I totally disagree with your point on Corinne though. No, she isn't a very self-respecting woman, we know that. Vic kept his family alive in the end of it all, but he was the one bringing the shitstorm on them in the first place. Telling Corinne that "everything would be okay" and "you have to trust me" ad nauseum, and hiring someone to watch over the family, in the meantime telling her nothing is wrong, would have set off anyone's bullshit alarm. She's there having to take care of three children, two of whom are autistic, of course she was going to take the money he brought her, who has pride enough to turn it down when it has been cleared as clean money?

I think her moving away was the first brave thing she had ever done. Like I said, she told Vic that he had to pay some kind of price for using her, and he didn't take her seriously. At that point I think she realized her role in his life.

rockmanj
Thu, 11-27-2008, 11:59 PM
I think she always knew the money she took wasn't "clean", and something tells me she knew what kind of a man Vic was, and I agree that yes, she was right about Vic paying a price; but she was not totally innocent. And yea, he didn't utilize the best methods to get things done, but it was in the interest of his family. And her cooperation with the police ultimately led to nothing. I mean, yes Vic is the monster that molded and pushed Shane to become what he was, but it seems with this last season, a lot of things were connected, such as Corrine selling Vic out and Vice running to ICE in order to cut the deal that ended up ruining Ronnie's life, landing Vic in a virtual purgatory, and the death of the Vendrell family (although that is more on Shane and Mara).

And yes, I blame Mara too, because she was right there with Shane every step of the way. He took the opposite route of Vic, doing the "full disclosure" thing, and Mara was complicit with all of it. That's something of an interesting parallel; like how those men may have influenced certain unsavory behavior, but I don't think either one of their significant others are truly innocent.