PDA

View Full Version : GSD - DVD Boxed Set I (US)

Gunslinger_BlaQ
Tue, 03-14-2006, 02:21 PM
today, i picked up the boxed set and first disc of GSD, and i'm a bit curious what they're planning with this release. the boxed set is clearly a six disc box, while we all know it's a fifty episode series...

my best guess is that this first box (episodes 1-30) is a ZAFT character-themed box, showcasing Shinn, Lunamaria, Rey and Athrun... and then when the focus of the series makes a full switch to the Minerva crew being (somewhat) the villains, they'll start a second box featuring the Archangel crew... does anyone know if this is actually the case?

also, should we expect to be seeing some of the additional releases, such as GSD: Editted and Final Plus showing up in a US DVD release as well? i sincerely hope so, since Final Plus is a far and away better ending than the standard ending...

Gadguard
Tue, 03-21-2006, 11:54 PM
Is this the set you "saw"? If so I think it only has episode 1-4 on it =/
http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/7369/924e4310fca0763fc500a010l5te.jpg

Yukimura
Thu, 03-30-2006, 01:59 PM
Has anyone watched them yet? Who's releasing it and how's the voice acting?

Phoenix20578
Thu, 03-30-2006, 04:25 PM
Same as above. I want to know if the VA's are good this time around. Last time, Lacus sounded 6, and only Athrun sounded cool.

Gunslinger_BlaQ
Thu, 04-06-2006, 01:37 PM
yup, that's the box/dvd i purchased, and there are five episodes on it, not four.

as for the voice acting, they've got the same voice actor for Athrun, as well as Cagalli (haven't seen any of the others, though Neo's VA is the same as Mwu's from SEED). as for the new ones... it makes me laugh that Dullindal *Durrandal now* is voiced by the guy who was Wu Fei in Wing... there was only one VA that actually striaght-up annoyed the hell out of me, and that would be that dude with the spikey red chunk in the front of his hair, so... not a major character, so i don't think it'll phase me. Gladys' VA is "eh...", but Arthur's, i think, is great, because it makes him sound like less of a twit than he did in Japanese dialogue version. he's kind of stuffy and British now. i digz.