PDA

View Full Version : Why do you watch One Piece?

Lucifus
Tue, 03-14-2006, 01:39 PM
Why do you watch One Piece?

I was told countless times by many members here to watch One Piece, however Cartoon Networks version of One Piece left a scar in my mind of an annoying horribly animated Satuday morning cartoon.

The whos the hottest One Piece girl thread beckoned me to give it a try, I've downloaded the first 30 episodes and am "loving" it.

Its not like Naruto/Bleach, heck, it isn't like any other anime I've ever seen.

Anyway, this thread is made to encourage people to give One Piece a shot.

Throw in any other reasons ya got as well in a post.

Knives122
Tue, 03-14-2006, 01:53 PM
Edit: you already did :p

I picked the characters b/c they're just badass as hell. Out of all the animes I've watched I've never seen characters like this, right off the bat the show makes you care about them.

This is more or less a show that you can watch that can have your favorite character get beat up and still have fun. It's not like Naruto b/c this show actually makes it interesting every step of the way(while Naruto can make you feel depressed).

And right now Pirates are cooler then Ninjas.

Lucifus
Tue, 03-14-2006, 01:57 PM
So far, I've only seen Zoro,Namis, & Usumps Introduction, and ya, they Own.....Can't wat to see Sangis.

Deblas
Tue, 03-14-2006, 01:59 PM
The show broke the typical boring cliche characters(example: the childlike persona, bottomless stomach main character with a good heart. The badass, emotionless second strongest character) that we already saw in other animes and made it into something new.

It's so unique!! What image did we have of pirates before One Piece hmm? I bet it was the cold blooded, Shiver me timbers, walk the plank, Arghh I be takin your booty(though the dub has used those references Ugg), eyepatch wearing, and every other stereotype that we have of pirates. With characters, they took something old and overly used and made it into something fresh and new. Apart from the great cast, it has incredible plots and battles that leave you at the edge of your seat. Not to mention how hilarious it is!!

I also really enjoy the theme of Nakama in One Piece. These people who are not even related have such a strong bond that they will go to the ends of the Earth for each other.

Lucifus
Tue, 03-14-2006, 02:00 PM
The show broke the typical boring cliche characters(example: the childlike persona, bottomless stomach main character with a good heart. The badass, emotionless second strongest character) that we already saw in other animes and made it into something new.

It's so unique!. What image did we have of pirates before One Piece hmm? I bet it was the cold blooded, Shiver me timbers, walk the plank, Arghh I be takin your booty(though the dub has used those references Ugg), eyepatch wearing, and every other stereotype that we have of pirates. With characters they took something old and overly used and made it into something fresh and new. Apart from the great cast, it has incredible plots and battles that leave you at the edge of your seat. Not to mention how hilarious it is!!

I also really enjoy the theme of Nakama in One Piece. These people who are not even related have such a strong bond that they will go to the ends of the Earth for each other.

Listen to this guy, he preachs the truth. Luffy and Shanks introduction moved me. And Zoro and Luffy just laughing their way forward is just awesome. And I've gotten used to the Animation, I am loving this show.

FrogKing
Tue, 03-14-2006, 02:06 PM
I voted because of its uniqueness, but characters, animation, story, chicks and humor all contribute to its uniqueness! That's funny Lucifus, I too saw a scary version of OP originally (I think it was on the Fox network). When I read about it on both these and other anime related forums I tried to avoid it. Finally, I gave in and downloaded the first 50 episodes (I had read that I need to watch up to the Arlong Park arc to fully enjoy it).

Needless to say I watched them and I now am fully hooked on OP and have to wait week to week for the most current release. The Water 7 arc is one of the best story lines that this series has introduced and Oda is truly a storytelling genius! I would and do recommend it to any anime watcher.

Ero-Fan
Tue, 03-14-2006, 02:07 PM
I gotta say I got into it because of the characters as well. I'm almost all caught up with the K-F fansubs, and these episodes have been holding me over in the filler era of Bleach and Naruto. I just started the Skypiea arc. I actually first saw this show dubbed as well, and while I didn't hate it, the dub certainly left much to be desired. The only good thing was that opening theme they used for the dub. The subbed episodes crack me up, even when they leave me with a "What the fuck just happened?!" feeling. Great show, I hope I never see a filler of it.(although I probably have, but I didn't recognize it)

Deblas
Tue, 03-14-2006, 02:13 PM
I gotta say I got into it because of the characters as well. I'm almost all caught up with the K-F fansubs, and these episodes have been holding me over in the filler era of Bleach and Naruto. I just started the Skypiea arc. I actually first saw this show dubbed as well, and while I didn't hate it, the dub certainly left much to be desired. The only good thing was that opening theme they used for the dub. The subbed episodes crack me up, even when they leave me with a "What the fuck just happened?!" feeling. Great show, I hope I never see a filler of it.(although I probably have, but I didn't recognize it)

hehe, if you have watched every episode and just started Skypeia then you went through a few fillers my friend. ex: The whole Apis dragon arc was compeletely filler.

Ero-Fan
Tue, 03-14-2006, 02:18 PM
hehe, if you have watched every episode and just started Skypeia then you went through a few fillers my friend. ex: The whole Apis dragon arc was compeletely filler.

I kinda figured that one was, she had the most useless devil's fruit ability that I've seen so far. I didn't notice as big a difference in animation or storyline quality like we do with Naruto and Bleach, so I don't mind.
There, we got a second thing going for OP; fillers don't suck as bad as they do in other series.

Lucifus
Tue, 03-14-2006, 02:36 PM
I'm also loving the voice actors for each and every character I've come across so far. The overall thing that got my into One Piece was its Uniqueness. The show just rules...:cool:

FrogKing
Tue, 03-14-2006, 03:09 PM
I'm also loving the voice actors for each and every character I've come across so far.

Minor spoilers:

The VA for Franky/Mr.2 is awesome! The old VA for Chopper was/is great too.

Carnage
Tue, 03-14-2006, 04:09 PM
Why is there no "all of the above" option? Thats what I would choose. But its not there, so I chose it just pwns which is the closest option to "all of the above". What can I say, I learn alot from it, it kicks ass, is one of the funniest shows I've seen, and is extremely unique.

poopdeville
Tue, 03-14-2006, 04:17 PM
I chose the characters, and they're absolutely central to OP's appeal. Of course, great writing is necessary for great characters. But the show is also colorful and exciting. The characters are looking for adventure, and the animators do a really good job making them fun.

xDarkMaster
Tue, 03-14-2006, 05:10 PM
I also chose it pwnz because it's closest to all of the above. There's excitment, mystery, good characters, and funny as hell.

Watch this show, now.

Deblas
Tue, 03-14-2006, 06:00 PM
I don't think anyone will pick because of the animation. I've heard from a few people that they don't wacht it just cause the art is weird. Poor souls...

Carnage
Tue, 03-14-2006, 07:25 PM
^^ I know what your talking about, one of my friends wont watch it because of animation. To me only I only had a problem with the animation in the begginning. And its not much. After that I think even the animation is good.

ChaosK
Tue, 03-14-2006, 07:39 PM
well i deicded to FINALLy start watching one piece after 1. seeing the girls (oh comon, i was in that thread for like 5 months before watching one piece) and 2. i saw 1 episode accidently of the english dub and it seemed okay...for a dub.

i dont regret it now that i've seen zoro, and hawkeye. and i love how nami takes advantage of the fact that everyone wants to bang her.

"i'm going to change my clothes now...turn around"
-owned johnny!
"the food is great but i'm a little short on money (flaunt)"
-owned sanji.
*runs away with boat and treasures*
-owns everybody.

Splash!
Tue, 03-14-2006, 08:09 PM
I am still considering whether or not to watch onepeice. From this forum, i have heard nothing but great stuff about it. I have seen the crappy english version and although i can tell its been butchered, i still dont know whether i should start watching this show or not. That being said, sometimes i find it very intriguing. I want to start but not from the very first episode just because i have already seen some of the english episodes and i dont want to see them again. can someone give me a good indication of where i SHOULD start? Is it alrite do skip like 5 or 6 episodes in the beginning or are they a MUST watch?

DeluxSkillz
Tue, 03-14-2006, 08:20 PM
everyone should watch OP it's hilarious:D Luffy for funniest anime character ever:D

Lucifus
Tue, 03-14-2006, 08:26 PM
I am still considering whether or not to watch onepeice. From this forum, i have heard nothing but great stuff about it. I have seen the crappy english version and although i can tell its been butchered, i still dont know whether i should start watching this show or not. That being said, sometimes i find it very intriguing. I want to start but not from the very first episode just because i have already seen some of the english episodes and i dont want to see them again. can someone give me a good indication of where i SHOULD start? Is it alrite do skip like 5 or 6 episodes in the beginning or are they a MUST watch?
Man, Watch em, Everyone here says watch, download the first ten episodes and watch em in order, you'll be hooked. ya can start at a later episode I guess, But much sure you don't mess the Ep with Shanks and Zoros introduction. Episodes 2,3, and 4 you should watch.

xDarkMaster
Tue, 03-14-2006, 08:29 PM

It's been awhile since I watched the beggining but from what I remember the first few episodes aren't that important. Although, to be honest you do meet 2 minor villians, Nami, and even Zoro by the second episode. However, I think you shouldn't be too lost if you skip the first 5 or so episodes.

Deblas
Tue, 03-14-2006, 08:30 PM

If you already saw those episodes dubbed then it's okay, you don't need to see them subbed. Episode 1 to 3 is Luffy meeting Zoro and 4 to 8 is the Buggy arc. Nothing really important there (except for Luffy's flashback) and the editing is just the stupid no blood, guns to cork/water/hammer guns and bad puns. But if you haven't seen them at least dubbed, I recommend you watching it from the beggining.

If you were able to see the luffy flashblack (eps. 4), you can skip over to the Kuro arc (eps. 9). And although you migh have watched it dubbed. You should see it completely subbed cause that's where the 4kids editing really starts to get out of hand by messing with really powerful scenes and destroying a character's development (Usopp's)

Also, don't get discouraged if you find it kind of boring at first. I didn't but some people have, until they reach Arlong Park that is. That's because the first 31 episodes are all dedicated to Luffy starting to assemble his crew. So its the same plot. Just wait till you get to Arlong Park. That's where it really kicks off. ;)

Lucifus
Tue, 03-14-2006, 08:33 PM
Make sure ya watch Episode four for a littlr background info on Luffy and Shanks.

Splash!
Tue, 03-14-2006, 08:43 PM
yeah i have seen the english versions of the first few episodes, so i am not going to watch them again. thnx for the info guyz

Jadugar
Tue, 03-14-2006, 08:43 PM
There is no doubt in my mind that One Piece is simply awesome. Believe it or not OP is more popular in Japan than Naruto and Bleach.

At first you dont realize its potentials but past few episodes and you find out the true genius that is Oda. All the characters have so much depth. The story itself is simple but the journey of Luffy is unheard off. The comedy of OP is still unmatched. Not even Naruto or bleach or any other anime that I have seen has that witty line.

OP simply owns every other anime out there. A true MASTER PIECE.

Lucifus
Tue, 03-14-2006, 08:48 PM
There is no doubt in my mind that One Piece is simply awesome. Believe it or not OP is more popular in Japan than Naruto and Bleach.

At first you dont realize its potentials but past few episodes and you find out the true genius that is Oda. All the characters have so much depth. The story itself is simple but the journey of Luffy is unheard off. The comedy of OP is still unmatched. Not even Naruto or bleach or any other anime that I have seen has that witty line.

OP simply owns every other anime out there. A true MASTER PIECE.

Nuff said right there. My only problem at the moment is I'm writing a paper and have no time to watch One Piece, but at least I'm still downloading em, so when I do, I can sit back, relax, and have a visual orgy.:cool:

xDarkMaster
Tue, 03-14-2006, 08:50 PM
This is alittle off-topic but I was thinking of rewatching some old episodes, does anyone know what episode Arlong Park starts at?

Lucifus
Tue, 03-14-2006, 08:53 PM
Havn't reached that far yet. =S

I feel good, my topic has helped to convert someone to One Piece :D

Deblas
Tue, 03-14-2006, 08:57 PM
This is alittle off-topic but I was thinking of rewatching some old episodes, does anyone know what episode Arlong Park starts at?

That would be episode 31.

Teh XYZ
Tue, 03-14-2006, 09:12 PM
its awsome! to bad thats not a choice, i'll choose the last one. :D

Augury
Tue, 03-14-2006, 10:27 PM
I see I'm the only vote for "It's funny as h*ll" so I guess i'll add in a bit of input too. I enjoy(ed) One Piece for reasons similar to those that have been mentioned already - unique storyline, characters, humor, and overall enjoyablility. However, the art turned me off initially back in episode 9 or 10 (Usopp/Kuro arc) and I was on and off for watching it a few years ago when there were other animes that I followed because of fillers in the middle of the Arabasta arc (although I totally didn't notice that the Apis arc was filler when I watched it).

I think anybody who has stopped following this anime should give it another try because of the comedy - it was the only reason that convinced me to resume following its progress. One Piece also tends to be less cliche and predictable in comparison to other shounen animes which helps keep people watching.

Splash!
Wed, 03-15-2006, 12:16 PM
alrite, one more question, then ill stop asking stuff like a noob. Does garbage like One Peice filler eps exist or does the anime always stay on track. If fillers do exist, i would greatly appreciate it if someone could indicate to me which episodes.

Lucifus
Wed, 03-15-2006, 12:46 PM
Yes there are, I don't knwo what episodes, but from what I've read, the fillers aren't crappy, apparently the fillers are just as good as a regular episode. And funny as hell.

Deblas
Wed, 03-15-2006, 01:21 PM
alrite, one more question, then ill stop asking stuff like a noob. Does garbage like One Peice filler eps exist or does the anime always stay on track. If fillers do exist, i would greatly appreciate it if someone could indicate to me which episodes.

Some fillers do really suck and they tend to exaggerate the personality of the characters (Luffy's stupidity, Nami's bitchiness etc..).

Eps. 45-47 (buggy's side story)

Eps. 50-51 (Daddy the father and the chef contest in the louge town arc)

54-61 (Warship Island arc/ Apis arc) 61 is half filler though

Eps. 93(mostly filler), 98-99, 101-102 ( From the Arabasta arc)

131-135 (Post Arabasta arc filler)

136-138 (Goat island arc)

139-143 (Rainbow Mist arc)

Augury
Wed, 03-15-2006, 01:46 PM
Deblas covered most of it, but I'll go ahead and link to his probable source. Eps 45-47 (Buggy's side story) and 68-69 (Coby / Helmeppo side story) are from compilations of the first page of manga chapters so you may or may not consider them as "filler." This page contains the episode titles, so if you're not current with the latest releases (Gerusama / ADC-Elites) or a manga reader, beware of spoilers. Arlong Park's Anime->Episodes page (http://www.arlongpark.net/Anime/Episodes)

Deblas
Wed, 03-15-2006, 01:49 PM
Ohh, forgot about the Coby/Helmeppo one. That one really sucked. But yeah. Arlong Park, for all your One Piece needs!!

ChaosK
Wed, 03-15-2006, 05:07 PM
i've seen the term "Arlong Park" a lot. What is it? is it a filler or something?

xDarkMaster
Wed, 03-15-2006, 05:10 PM
No, it's as awesome arc about Nami and has an awesome story.

Jadugar
Wed, 03-15-2006, 05:16 PM
Arlong Park still reminds of the scene where Nami is stabbing her arm and Luffy comes along and tell her to knock it off. Then he asks Sanji and Zoro to come along. That scene is so cool.

Lucifus
Wed, 03-15-2006, 05:35 PM
No Spoilers!! T-T I am regretting watching some of the Cartoon Network eps so bad, it gave away part of te story line, I just started the Arlong Park arc, watching it atm.

6Zabuza9
Wed, 03-15-2006, 08:08 PM
i watch it becuase it just owns! also its funny as hell but some parts are sad. like chopper's past almost made me cry

Lucifus
Wed, 03-15-2006, 09:03 PM
Everythings but choosen except its Animation. =S, guess its animation isn't great, but its definatly different.

darkmetal505
Thu, 03-16-2006, 08:40 PM
its hillllarioussss...

and because of this

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/9272/vlcsnap3938843bo.png

Lucifus
Thu, 03-16-2006, 09:08 PM
What....What the F*ck?!?!? o.0000 Wtf is that?!?:eek: I don't even want to wonder how Luffy gets himself into that, I better brace myself for the new episodes, now on Ep 61.

Splash!
Fri, 03-17-2006, 02:16 PM
Arlong Park still reminds of the scene where Nami is stabbing her arm and Luffy comes along and tell her to knock it off. Then he asks Sanji and Zoro to come along. That scene is so cool.

now that i know what scene you are talking about, i have to agree, that really is a cool scene.

And now that i have watched upto episode 60 in one piece and discovered how amazing it really is, i can say that i the reason I like one peice is because of the characters. Damn funny, well developed characters!

ChaosK
Fri, 03-17-2006, 06:08 PM

its funny since i saw that scene about an hour ago, and i must say its one of the cooler scenes in the Anime that i've seen so far. Also you might not remember and i must say, i'd forget too but ussop was there too. :D

Jadugar
Fri, 03-17-2006, 06:17 PM
its funny since i saw that scene about an hour ago, and i must say its one of the cooler scenes in the Anime that i've seen so far. Also you might not remember and i must say, i'd forget too but ussop was there too. :D

That is just the begining my friend. The fun has just begun.

Have you started chanting....Gomu gomu no

ChaosK
Sat, 03-18-2006, 02:16 PM
*cough* of course not! ;)

also, i'm about in the middle of the from 47-55 which every other episode is a filler, should i bother even downloading these? do they have any of the real story in them? (i just finished 50)

Deblas
Sat, 03-18-2006, 02:43 PM
Meh, K-F went through the trouble of subbing them so watch em....

Splash!
Sat, 03-18-2006, 05:51 PM
*cough* of course not! ;)

also, i'm about in the middle of the from 47-55 which every other episode is a filler, should i bother even downloading these? do they have any of the real story in them? (i just finished 50)
I have been skipping all the fillers and the entire story still seems to flow in perfect order without being affected in anyway. Mind you, its probably a good idea to download episodes labelled as half fillers, cause they have quite a bit of the main story attached to them. Other than that i think you should be fine if you dont watch the fillers altogether, unless you want to.

kooshi
Mon, 03-20-2006, 01:41 AM
So far, I've watched up to the 12th episode, and this series is pretty damn good. It seems a little slow, but the quality more than makes up for it.
Best quality so far is the comedy for me. Although not many funny things have happened, they are so hilarious when they do happen.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a307/kooshi/vlcsnap-2333521.png http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a307/kooshi/vlcsnap-2333641.png

How can you NOT laugh at that :D

dragonrage
Mon, 03-20-2006, 05:10 AM
one piece is funny as hell and its does own..... i started watching it december.... people were telling me to watch it but after i saw a couple dubbed episode i was are you fcuking crazy.... but boredom kicked in and i downloaded it. For about a week straight i watched ONE PIECE lol. It is funny as hell, becuase of the characters and the storyline.

they are on there seperate journeys'

Luffy : to become pirate king.
Zoro : to become the world's greatest swordsman.
Nami : to map the whole world.
Sanji : to see ALL BLUE.
Ussop : to become a brave pirate of the see.... shadowing his father.
and so and so

although they are all one seperate journeys, they are travelling together cause its not always the gold at the end of the rainbow but the journey and who you take it with..... somethings are more precious that what society deams as valuable.... i like that about one piece... also its a funny, exciting, amazing adventures that are shared wit your nakamas.....
kinder makes you remember, your own childhood adventures and in that way you become more involved in the storyline....

its just simply amazing..... Monkey D. Luffy.... you are my hero...wish i had friends like your too,,,,lol

Stoopider
Mon, 03-20-2006, 10:38 AM
Personally, I never thought a story about Pirates could be interesting. Whats there to be interested in? I mean, we live in a society where we have GPS. Every inch of the ocean has been discovered. There is no magical island full of dinosaurs, no magical island with speaking animals, or no magical island ruled by goblins.

In my words about One Piece?

It is an epic saga. I never thought Pirates could be so cool!

Truly, One Piece is a cartoon made of dreams.

We've all heard about the classics like Brother Grimm tales, Snow White, Cinderella, Rapunzel, Sinbad the Sailor and such. These are all classics.

One Piece should be on a level revered as them.

The stories contain in Luffy the Pirate Kings journeys are new, their fresh, and their so childlike their just like dreams you had when you we're a child. Who would believe you would sail a ship up a mountain? Who would believe you would sail on the clouds?

There's no other stories like them. Where else have you heard about the story of the adventurous Luffy defeating the Sand God Crocodile? :D This tale should be told to children, childrens children for generations to come! I hope.

ChaosK
Mon, 03-20-2006, 04:28 PM
hmm, unfortunately would someone like to tell me when do vivi and robin come into the story?

FrogKing
Mon, 03-20-2006, 04:47 PM
hmm, unfortunately would someone like to tell me when do vivi and robin come into the story?

Not without spoiling it for everybody else that reads this post...just keep watching and you'll see soon enough (hint: within the first 100 episodes lol).

ChaosK
Mon, 03-20-2006, 08:01 PM
i'm on episode 64? 65? dont remember, but its the one where they're on whiskey island or something, and zoro just owned them all. Then these two come to eliminate vivi.

edit: hmm, is miss. all sunday robin? : /

Stoopider
Tue, 03-21-2006, 11:46 AM
Miss All Sunday?.. uh.. is she called that then? Hahahahah. that was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long ago. Keep on watching. Don't give up the faith!

Keep pursuing what its good and true in One Piece, and your soul Shall be SAVED! or at least be at peace.. or like us, can't wait every week for more. Well, that isn't peace... uh.. forget what I said. :p

ChaosK
Tue, 03-21-2006, 04:46 PM
Miss All Sunday?.. uh.. is she called that then? Hahahahah. that was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long ago. Keep on watching. Don't give up the faith!

Keep pursuing what its good and true in One Piece, and your soul Shall be SAVED! or at least be at peace.. or like us, can't wait every week for more. Well, that isn't peace... uh.. forget what I said. :p

peace at soul? what the hell? i'm watching one piece, not searching out to heaven.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 03-22-2006, 02:10 PM
You must hate the Skypia arc then. :p

Anyway, it's hard to believe that it's been like 3 years since I started downloading Fansubs. I started with Naruto because people on an EQ forum I frequent were raving about it. But also, I occasionally heard people talk about One Piece.

At first I didn't care for it. As has been mentioned, the animation is really...wierd. And I have at least one friend who won't watch the show because he can't get past it. It also seems a little childish at first. But the more you watch it, the more it grows on you. Even though it's still childish alot of the time, there periods of real seriousness, and that way it incorperates both is part of why it's so impressive.

And of course, it's very unique. That's the main reason I watch it. It's unique in the way Miyazaki movies are. There's alot that is just so out there. And it always catches you off guard.

Plus, it's got some of the least crappy fillers of any anime. It's got plenty of them, sure, but some of them are actually good. I've heard from several people that the G8 filler arc(not subbed by KF yet) is just as good as any real anime arc. And part of that is because of one thing, time. Rather than hotshotting a bunch of 2-3 episode arcs, they actually make full story arcs. It's amazing how much just giving a story time to develop improves filler. Like the Apis arc. Rather than being a real piece of shit, because it's given time, it comes off as simply a slightly dull story arc.

So now, I'm at this point now where, One Piece is my favorite download. Sure, I still love the parts of Naruto that aren't filler, and I always will. But taken as a whole, One Piece is better to me now than Naruto.

Zidarri the Exile
Thu, 03-23-2006, 04:27 PM
I watch one piece for all the reasons.

It has a good story, it has hot chicks*NAMI-CHWAN! ROBIN-SWAN!*

It has great action, amazing twists. It is one of the funniest anime/manga's I've ever participated in.

It is probably my second favorite anime.

Lucifus
Thu, 03-23-2006, 09:21 PM
Unfortunatly....I have to say Screw Naruto for now, One Piece is now officially my favorite, I'll probably start watching Naruto again once the fillers are over, but still One Piece all the way.:D Now on Episode 150

ChaosK
Thu, 03-23-2006, 11:41 PM
i must say, this pic pretty much sums up why i watch one piece...for now.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y281/Chaoskiddo/gotwoot/capture.jpg

i wish i was luffy, chopper or usopp in that pic...

Throes
Sat, 03-25-2006, 11:08 PM
My avitar gives a damn good reason why I watch One Piece. Here's a larger picture (damn 80x80 limit, not clear enough) from episode 207:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/demonperson/monkeydluffy.jpg

ChaosK
Mon, 03-27-2006, 08:10 PM
...what the...hell? VIVI-CHAN!! just finished episode 129...extremely disappointed that vivi is gone.

ChaosK
Mon, 03-27-2006, 08:40 PM
hey guys, i'm up to the

131-135 (Post Arabasta arc filler)

136-138 (Goat island arc)

139-143 (Rainbow Mist arc)

area now, are all of these complete fillers (as in i can skip all of them?) or should i watch them.

xDarkMaster
Mon, 03-27-2006, 09:01 PM
You can skip 'em all and not miss anything special.

Jadugar
Mon, 03-27-2006, 09:05 PM
For the love of god, watch them. Every OP fan should watch them. They arent that great but better than any Bleach or Naruto fillers but if you are tempted then you can skip them.
I would advice would be to watch them.

Deblas
Mon, 03-27-2006, 09:27 PM
Watch them if you like. Beware of the Goat and Rainbow one though. God those are awful!

Throes
Mon, 03-27-2006, 09:35 PM
Yeah, I'd suggest watching 131-135, but then skip immediately to 144. God, I tried watching the Goatsex arc (as it was so affectionately dubbed by K-F), I just couldn't do it.

Jadugar
Mon, 03-27-2006, 09:38 PM
@ Throes :

Wow. Another OP lover.

Welcome to GW

Have you seen most of it? Anime? Manga?

Throes
Mon, 03-27-2006, 09:41 PM
I've seen all the K-F episodes (except for the ones mentioned above, around 137-142 I skipped). I've also seen all of the Gerusama episodes. ADC has a direct download thingey that I can't figure out though.

I've tried reading the online manga, it's just that I can't seem to find a good version, or a site to download mass amounts of chapters at a time. I've recently started picking up ASJ and am reading Viz's translated manga (the color pages make me happy).

Deblas
Mon, 03-27-2006, 09:45 PM
I've tried reading the online manga, it's just that I can't seem to find a good version, or a site to download mass amounts of chapters at a time. I've recently started picking up ASJ and am reading Viz's translated manga (the color pages make me happy).

You ever heard of the MSN group? They have all the chapters translated so far there. There's a link here in the "One Piece anime and Manga download" thread.

And Null will soon start direct downloading their releases on their site.

Throes
Mon, 03-27-2006, 09:47 PM
Yeah, but like I said, good version. The MSN group is too small resolution for me to really care. And even then the actual image quality is lacking, and I hate waiting for pages to load. Maybe when Null starts direct downloading, I might go there and get some.

Deblas
Mon, 03-27-2006, 09:50 PM
Well there's a V3 version that are higher quality. But the loading would be a problem so....
But there's also mangascreener and Stopzamo that have direct downloads for Null's releases.

Throes
Mon, 03-27-2006, 09:56 PM
I have actually managed to download the first 100 chapters from there. But OP being over 400, that can get kind of lengthy, but I guess it's the only way to get it. If only someone released batches of like, 50 chapters in a batch or something. That would make my life so much easier.

Munsu
Mon, 03-27-2006, 10:02 PM
Go read the stickied threads...

DarthEnderX
Mon, 03-27-2006, 10:23 PM
I watch One Piece BECAUSE YOU TOUCH YOURSELF AT NIGHT!

ChaosK
Mon, 04-10-2006, 08:17 PM
I watch One Piece BECAUSE YOU TOUCH YOURSELF AT NIGHT!

....i cant help remembering that from similar context where touching myself has nothing to do with it, yet it was relatively funny. something in family guy...

chris: mr. why does the (blah sdfaslfiusf)?
answer: because you touch yourself at night.

Carnage
Mon, 04-10-2006, 08:48 PM
I think it was "how did the dinosaurs die?"or something along those lines.Speaking of Stoptazmo and mangatraders, when my freind and I try to sign up for both of those websites, the say they are going to email us our account verification, but i never recieve the email and so I have no account. :( Does anyone know why this may be?

Deblas
Mon, 04-10-2006, 08:58 PM
I think it was "how did the dinosaurs die?"or something along those lines.Speaking of Stoptazmo and mangatraders, when my freind and I try to sign up for both of those websites, the say they are going to email us our account verification, but i never recieve the email and so I have no account. :( Does anyone know why this may be?

It might take a while until they send you the verification or have you checked your junk mail folder?

Lucifus
Wed, 06-28-2006, 09:48 PM
I have now officially watched every episode subbed of One Piece. I havn't watched an ep in about a month and a half......Since I decided to watch those horribl Chinese subs....

I need to watch somemore One Piece...since I have nothing better to do, I'ma rewatch em all from ep 1. =P

To all nubs....Watch One Piece, you won't regret it.:cool:

LaZie
Wed, 06-28-2006, 10:31 PM
I watch One Piece because what other shows have a green haired swordsman who wields 3 katanas at the same time? Also, because every other decent anime at the moment is in filler mode.

Mizuchi
Sat, 07-01-2006, 11:04 PM
(example: the childlike persona, bottomless stomach main character with a good heart. The badass, emotionless second strongest character)

The badass emotionless character is the strongest character. Its just the main character takes steroids :mad: notice their lack of interest in girls? (steroids caused their sacs to shrivel)

Deblas
Sun, 07-02-2006, 09:29 AM
The badass emotionless character is the strongest character. Its just the main character takes steroids :mad: notice their lack of interest in girls? (steroids caused their sacs to shrivel)

.......Uhh..yeeeeeah....This reminds me of the "Zoro rulzzz Hes teh strongest!! *smilie*" posts from the 4kids forums.

Well I don't know if you are saying that in general of all shonen anime's the badass character is the strongest (which would be really strange if you did) but in One Pice Luffy is the strongest and Zoro is the second strongest.

1- Even though luffy has a devil fruit ability. He trained in his island for over ten years to master it. The fruit gave him the ability to stretch but remember that it did not give him Superman strenght as some people tend to think. That's all his.

2- The whole swords can cut rubber is practically the worst reason I have ever heard to suggest Zoro is stronger than Luffy. It's not like Luffy is just going to let himself be cut. He knows how to dodge!

3- Judging by the Whiskey Peak fight they had that others use as proof that they are of equal strenght is nonsense. They did nothing in the fight. Couple of blocks and a certain someone interveined.

4- Zoro following Luffy is reason enough! Zoro has the warrior strenght thing going on. Him following Luffy and his orders just goes to show you how much he respects him. You think a guy like Zoro would waste his time joining a crew and follow a weakling?

5- Luffy wants to be the Pirate King. Zoro the greatest swordsman. Pirate King? Greatest Swordsman?....I pick Pirate King. Mihawk even said that Luffy's task is even harder than beating him.

6- Luffy is the main character in a shonen manga. Nuff said.

And btw, if there is anyone in the crew who is asexual is Zoro. We've seen Luffy aware of women. =/

Kraco
Sun, 07-02-2006, 10:32 AM
And btw, if there is anyone in the crew who is asexual is Zoro. We've seen Luffy aware of women. =/

Zoro was also the only one who didn't climb the wall at the bathhouse to have a look at Nami and Vivi. It indeed looks like he's interested in nothing but fighting, training and sleeping.

Zoro following Luffy is reason enough! Zoro has the warrior strenght thing going on. Him following Luffy and his orders just goes to show you how much he respects him. You think a guy like Zoro would waste his time joining a crew and follow a weakling?

I think he's following Luffy out of convenience. He can just concentrate on those three objects of interest while the other crew members handle the other things of less interest to him: Luffy endlessly finding opponents to fight, Sanji proving food, and Nami handling the money issue.

Deblas
Sun, 07-02-2006, 11:28 AM
Zoro was also the only one who didn't climb the wall at the bathhouse to have a look at Nami and Vivi. It indeed looks like he's interested in nothing but fighting, training and sleeping.

That was the example I was going for actually. I mean, even Chopper had a look.:p

I think he's following Luffy out of convenience. He can just concentrate on those three objects of interest while the other crew members handle the other things of less interest to him: Luffy endlessly finding opponents to fight, Sanji proving food, and Nami handling the money issue.

Your right. Guess I didn't express myself that well. At the start it was because of convenience, true. They all had a chance to follow their ambitions by going with him. And pretty much Luffy MADE his whole crew go with him, but as time passes in the series you see little by little how much they acknowledge him (not to mention how close they become to one another). Again, Zoro is not the type to follow someones orders. If you remember back at Whiskey Peak, he said that he would only join BW if he was made the boss. Yet he follows Luffy's orders without any complaint. If he was just there because it was convenient for him he would or assume command since the Captain is to weak and will get killed in the GL or he would just leave and join another convenient crew.

We all know Luffy is not Captain material in the sense that he's the responsible Captain. Luffy is more of the drive that pulls them to achieve their goals. The way I see it, they admire his dedication and his drive to never give up. Not to mention his strenght.

I also remember back when he was defeated by Mihawk that he pledged that he would never lose again cause losing would cause trouble for Luffy on his road to becoming Pirate King. So I guess you could really see the acknowledgement there.

ChaosK
Sun, 07-02-2006, 11:50 AM
Haha I thought you guys were referring to when Bon Clay turned into Nami on their ship and showed her body to show how he can even change into the form of their whole body. And thus causing luffy, chopper and i think usopp's jaws to smash into the floor before Nami smacked Bon Clay.

Mizuchi
Sun, 07-02-2006, 12:07 PM
cursed fruit, 9 tailed demon fox, watever u like to call it, its all steroids to me :)

ChaosK
Sun, 07-02-2006, 06:06 PM
cursed fruit, 9 tailed demon fox, watever u like to call it, its all steroids to me :)

Mizuchi, Miz, call yourself whatever you like, your still an idiot to me.

Robin ate a devil fruit, yet she's not super strong, still steroids?

Lucifus
Sun, 07-02-2006, 07:53 PM
Robins rack definatly ain't sagged up.:)

And Zoro rules. :cool:
Edit: What in the hellZ? I definatly dont remember posting `anything` like this... o.0