PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Anime Series

RyougaZell
Mon, 03-13-2006, 10:38 AM
Like the title said.
This april will mark the beginning of 47 series. Some are new. Others are 2nd seasons (that had months of vacation).

The complete list (in spanish) can be found here:
-> http://kickinarchive.blogspot.com/2006/02/primavera-2006-lista-de-estrenos.html

[Start of Edit]

Apart from the 47 series listed on the webpage above, this other 4 are added to the list:
Sky Girls
Otogi Juushi Akazukin ~Fairy Musketeers~
Saint October
Tokimeki Memorial

All from Konami.
Bringing a grand total of 51 series (for now?)

[End of Edit]

So... which ones are you guys would be waiting for or will be watching?

Personally I am waiting for these:

.hack//ROOTS
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE 2nd Season
xxxHolic
Makai Senki Disgaea

masamuneehs
Mon, 03-13-2006, 10:55 AM
...couldn't you find a list in English?...

nm, I found it

Spring Anime Lineup, in English (starts April) (http://wiki.animeblogger.net/index.php?title=2006_Spring_Anime_Season)

don't know much about most of these shows but some I'm looking forward to are
Black Lagoon
.hack/Roots
Ju oh Sei (prison anime, one I have highest expectations for)
Ray the animation
xxxHolic

I don't know much about disgaea, but the promo didn't really impress me that much... Not like I really have time for many more new anime...

RyougaZell
Mon, 03-13-2006, 11:07 AM
A friend of mine edits that page (several months ago I used to write for that blog as well). So well... heheh... sorry it was in spanish.
Thnks for the link in english as well.

Only watching the Promo for Disgaea is not enough actually. Most of those of us that are waiting for it played the game before (and I can't wait to play Disgaea 2).

And I know what you say about new series.
Currently Im just watching Naruto, Bleach, Kashimashi, Mai Otome, Fate/Stay-Night and Canvas 2. I believe at least the last three should be ending before or at the first two weeks of the new season.

EDIT:
Although I see that list in english include several already released titles (like Shinigami no Ballad) or Dvd's (like Full Metal Alchemist Premium)

complich8
Mon, 03-13-2006, 11:13 AM
I'm certainly looking forward to AMG second season... with some misgivings (like ... how they're going to make an actual plot <_<). Same with Makai Senki Disgaea ... I'm hoping it's going to have some sort of original storytelling, and isn't strictly a retelling of the game.

A couple other things look interesting ... but as always, there's a lot of things that look pretty terrible in that lineup too :p

Harima Kenji
Mon, 03-13-2006, 12:42 PM
It looks really promising.
I'm really looking forward to:
.hack//G.U. -> I wonder what 'style' it will be. Like //sign or like //Dusk
Tsubasa Chronicle S2 -> Can't wait to see more of kuro-wanwan :)
AMG Season2 -> Season 1 was addictive, so I'm looking forward to the next season.
School Rumble 2nd Semester -> More Harima??

I'll give some other series a chance as well.. but not all 40 of them :p

RyougaZell
Mon, 03-13-2006, 12:58 PM
.hack//G.U. -> I wonder what 'style' it will be. Like //sign or like //Dusk

Of what I know Roots is the prelude of the GU games.
It takes place 3 years after Dusk, but the previous The World is gone, destroyed by a fire on the main servers.
The story takes place in The World R2. But when this new version came many left the game (20 million users became just 12 million users) because they could not migrate their old characters.

The main character is a Multi-Weapon (new class) called Haseo, who is a Player Killer. According to information on the anime and the games, a friend of Haseo will be Data-Drained by a rogue character called Tri-Edge, who resembles a Zombie-Kite.

The style should an improved version of Sign, remember Dusk was done in a "cute-comic-relief-way", or at least the anime was. The Dusk manga was way better and more serious (it even had references to .hack//AI Buster and .hack//Zero, and also featured other characters like Albireo, Lycoris, Hokuto, Kazu, Mistral, Orca, Wiseman and the original Kite and BlackRose)

Ryllharu
Mon, 03-13-2006, 01:19 PM
I intend to continue with the second season of ARIA since I enjoyed the first season so much, as well as the next season of School Rumble.

Disgaea will definitely be worth a try, I'm also a huge fan of the game.

NANA, RAY -the animation-, xxxHolic, Tokko, and Black Lagoon are all titles I follow the manga of fairly consistently, so I'll be looking forward to those, particularly NANA, which has become my favorite series while waiting between Berserk chapters.

kooshi
Mon, 03-13-2006, 01:32 PM
- Ah! My Goddess (2nd season)
- Makai Senki Disgaea
- School Rumble (2nd season)

Me, I find it difficult to start something I've never heard about, so I'll be waiting to see which ones are the popular ones before I start watching them.

RPG2000
Mon, 03-13-2006, 01:35 PM
47???....thats a lot to take...oh well

I'm personally looking forward to:

Black Lagoon (interesting story behind it)(Madhouse Production)
NANA (Yazawa Ai's work...I like her works, especially Paradise Kiss...a must watch for my part) (Madhouse Production)
KIBA (interesting story behind it) (Madhouse Production)
xxxHOLIC (Production IG)
TOKKO (Group TAC)
School Rumble 2 (more Harima wackyness) (Studio Comet)
TRC 2 (Bee Train)

as far the other ones...who knows...

suckitdry
Mon, 03-13-2006, 03:27 PM
Ju oh Sei look great. Rich kids go to jail, it will rule you!
I want try all the new shows but their are so many!

Munsu
Mon, 03-13-2006, 03:46 PM
There are a shitload I'm looking forward to as you might imagine, but the main ones have to be:

Tokko - With the low level of manga content, I hope they don't fuck it up. At least keep the hot girls, the violence, and the gore.

Witch Blade
Ray - saw a bit of the manga, looked good.
NANA
Air Gear - they'll probably fuck it up
Jyu Oh Sei
Kiba
Strawberry Panic - got to give love to the yuri
Utawarerumono - a promo came out a couple of weeks ago and it looked great.
Soul Link
Black Lagoon - the manga didn't look good, but the anime might be
School Rumbe 2nd Term - this will be awesome.
xxxHOLiC
Tsubasa Chronicles Season 2

Terracosmo
Mon, 03-13-2006, 04:36 PM
5 bucks on the fact that Bud will watch all of them :D

RyougaZell
Mon, 03-13-2006, 04:59 PM
5 bucks on the fact that Bud will watch all of them :D

That is scary. Considering the fact there are series like Futago Hime and Digimon in that list. There's even a yaoi title.

I also plan to get AMG Season 2, but to tell the truth... even though I've downloaded the 26 eps of the first season, I have not seen past ep 20. Need to watch them before seeing season 2...

EDIT:
Deleted double post.

t1no
Tue, 03-14-2006, 02:56 AM
Awesome can't wait, i guess i will be very busy downloading anime.

DDBen
Wed, 03-15-2006, 03:06 AM
Makai Senki Disgaea

thats the main one I'm looking forward too. Although I will check out quite a few of them.

Hakeem_21
Wed, 03-15-2006, 10:57 AM
Black Lagoon
KIBA
TOKKO
School Rumble 2
Witchblade- a fan of the comic and i wish they never japanized it but it can still be good.
Prince of Tennis: National Chapter
XXXHOLiC
Ergo Proxy
Gintama
Good Witch of the West - Astrea Testament
Ju Oh Sei

Those animes are the ones that sounds interesting to me and that i will try.

RyougaZell
Wed, 03-15-2006, 12:01 PM
Black Lagoon
KIBA
TOKKO
School Rumble 2
Witchblade- a fan of the comic and i wish they never japanized it but it can still be good.
Prince of Tennis: National Chapter
XXXHOLiC
Ergo Proxy
Gintama
Good Witch of the West - Astrea Testament
Ju Oh Sei

Those animes are the ones that sounds interesting to me and that i will try.

11. Wow.
Cant speak of Witchblade, as I've never read the comic, but if americans get to americanize anime (like Tokyo Mew Mew -> Hollywood Mew Mew)...

rockmanj
Wed, 03-15-2006, 12:15 PM
A new digimon series !!!!! I think i may wet myself ^_^!

Hakeem_21
Thu, 03-16-2006, 06:31 AM
11. Wow.
Cant speak of Witchblade, as I've never read the comic, but if americans get to americanize anime (like Tokyo Mew Mew -> Hollywood Mew Mew)...

Its not totaly wrong since hollywood steals ideas from japan too but the original Witcblade was interesting enough.

kAi
Thu, 03-16-2006, 06:46 AM
TOKKO, AIR GEAR

OMFGWTFDOSIUFH SUFH! OEH W034958 YW9A8ERY7WA 09YRD90*^&*(& %ST

RELEASE NOW GOD DAMMIT!@!!!!!@#Q243Q234Q ADFHSLIZDCTsa

Hakeem_21
Thu, 03-16-2006, 06:52 AM
I never got whats so good about Air Gear the manga bored me,shitty art,lame characters etc.

Isnt Tokko made by the same guy that wrote GTO or am i dreaming.

kAi
Thu, 03-16-2006, 07:01 AM
Hakeem, you need to shoot yourself in the head, right now. How far are you into Air Gear, or did you get?

and yeah it's from the GTO mangaka.

Hakeem_21
Thu, 03-16-2006, 07:22 AM
I got to vol2 of Air Gear before it bored me.

Good to know about Tokko, i faith in that mangakas skill.

woofcat
Fri, 03-17-2006, 10:39 PM
woo hoo, Prince of tennis is comming back!

Thanks for the link buddie.

RyougaZell
Fri, 03-17-2006, 10:59 PM
woo hoo, Prince of tennis is comming back!

Thanks for the link buddie.

huh?

----

I found out yesterday the list expands to 51, seems Konami announced the following series:
Sky Girls
Otogi Juushi Akazukin ~Fairy Musketeers~
Saint October
Tokimeki Memorial

But I really do not care about either of them, hehe.

Phoenix20578
Fri, 03-17-2006, 11:59 PM
TOKKO, AIR GEAR

OMFGWTFDOSIUFH SUFH! OEH W034958 YW9A8ERY7WA 09YRD90*^&*(& %ST

RELEASE NOW GOD DAMMIT!@!!!!!@#Q243Q234Q ADFHSLIZDCTsa

Yeah, that pretty much sums up my reaction :D

If they fuck it up.....:mad:

masamuneehs
Sun, 03-19-2006, 06:38 PM
Info on one of the 47. Trying to avoid a flood of new threads about crappy animes that noone will ever watch but will clutter this place up -You happy now whoever Neg Repped me for bumping that Haruka 8 topic?- So until the episodes aired I was hoping this thread might be used to post info/promos on the upcoming series.

This is one of the new animes that is coming out in spring (where this section of the forum will be flooded in an avalanche of new threads)

Anime Universe has released a 30 second promo for this, you can find it here:
Soul Link promo (http://a.scarywater.net/animeu/%5BAnimeU%5D_Soul_Link_30_second_Promo_.avi.torren t)

Apparently this is based off a game by Navel, the same people who made "Shuffle!"

Here's a ripped summary from AnimeNfo:
Aizawa Ryota was in the 3rd grade of the preparatory course of Central Military Academy. AD 2045, he went to a space station, Aries, for the training with his classmates including Nagase Saka and Nittak Kazuhiko. However, the station was attacked by a terrorist group, Hallarax.

Whether can they escape from the station to go back to the Earth?

Masa's take: Looks like it's a Sci-fi romance in all of it's not so great glory. 10 guys, 10 girls, all trapped on some space station cuz some pirates attack them... I still have a hard time swallowing animes based off of h-games, and although the animation looks good for this show, I've got that sinking feeling that's about all that will be good...

Airs April 5th

Munsu
Sun, 03-19-2006, 06:46 PM
Info on one of the 47. Trying to avoid a flood of new threads about crappy animes that noone will ever watch but will clutter this place up -You happy now whoever Neg Repped me for bumping that Haruka 8 topic?- So until the episodes aired I was hoping this thread might be used to post info/promos on the upcoming series.

You talking to me? :P

No problem with creating a new thread for a new anime that is about to come out. My problem was with you bumping a thread of an anime that not even you watches and that from what had been said in the thread it was clearly shitty. So there was no real reason for you to bump it since, again, you didn't even watch the show.

It's like if I go a year from now and bump the Tactical Roar thread, just for the heck of it.

As for the Soul Link promo, it didn't do much for me, I was looking forward to the series, but the promo just didn't sell it well.

masamuneehs
Sun, 03-19-2006, 06:55 PM
well that's why I thought better of even creating a 'Soul Link' thread... it looks like it'll be a serious piece of shit. Might as well avoid making a thread for that thing all together if you can...

raptor02_2001
Mon, 03-20-2006, 10:00 AM
Thank you provide link from Anime list spring , i already stole your link for another fourm

back to topic

i can't wait to see next season from AMG or SChool RUmble

i love Air Gear manga i wonder AIr gear will more shown panties in Anime ?

Munsu
Mon, 03-27-2006, 11:52 AM
Here's a batch torret with a couple of promo's for those interested:

http://www.x-raws.com/torrents/raw/%5Braw-cm%5D_NEW_ANIME_PROMO_PACK_-_01_.torrent

.hack//Roots
Himehime
Kararin Revolution
Himawari!
High-School Girls
Soul Link
ZEGAPAIN

None really got my interest. Maybe .hack, ZEGAPAIN, Soul Link, and Himawari!

masamuneehs
Tue, 03-28-2006, 05:09 AM
some sub-titled promos for you all.

AnimeU- Soul Link Promo Second Version (http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/%5BAnimeU%5D_Soul_Link_30_second_Promo_v2_%5B50E0C B07%5D.avi.torrent) As if the first one wasn't proof of how shitty this show is?

Kanon Promo, subbed by orz (http://datorrents.com/download.asp?id=8222&name=%5Borz%5D_Kanon_-_00_%5B988DA5E2%5D.avi.torrent) And no, i don't know who/what orz is

.hackRoots Promo! by Za Warudo (http://akito.animereactor.dk:35097/stats.html?info_hash=902d704e60dac2181fb6e72c29b47 56c9e3e54eb) This one was listed on gg fansubs tracker, so i believe this person is a part of their group

hope this gives some people an idea of what shows they might watch in the future. As for me, i already know i'm going to try .hack/Roots and not the other two.

Ryllharu
Tue, 03-28-2006, 07:06 AM
Are they redoing Kanon? That show finished years ago. Maybe its just a rebroadcast.

I hadn't heard anything before.

Kraco
Tue, 03-28-2006, 07:16 AM
Dunno. The ANN news some time ago said it's a remake. I honestly don't know why. If you watch the trailer, the style at least looks identical to the existing version. And I don't personally see why there would be any reason to redo the story. It was a bit peculiar show, but that's how it was supposed to be.

RyougaZell
Tue, 03-28-2006, 09:38 AM
They ARE redoing Kanon. With the same studio behind Air.
I've seen the promo, and the animation looks way better than the one showed several years ago.
I haven't played the game myself, but those who had agreed that the previous anime cut out many of the interesting parts. Hopefully this new series will cover them.

I just saw .hack//Roots promo... and I can't wait for it. Nor for .hack//GU.

EDIT:

Oh yeah... the title of this thread of mine is totally wrong already. I believe the list has already risen over 60...

masamuneehs
Tue, 03-28-2006, 09:52 AM
quickly editted the thread title. Ryouga, since its made under your name feel free to PM me whatever you want me to rename it to

Phoenix20578
Tue, 03-28-2006, 10:58 AM
There isnt a promo for Air Gear yet is there? Im really curious about the VA's they're gonna use.

Aeon
Tue, 03-28-2006, 12:14 PM
Now that Shana is over and Otome ends this week I'm hoping these shows can fill the holes that will be left in my sig. The shows I'm looking forward to trying out are

Zegapain
Soul Link
Himawari
.hack(though I've never seen or played the other .hacks so I may be lost)
Digimon Saviors
Disgaea

RyougaZell
Tue, 03-28-2006, 01:50 PM
masamuneehs:
Thnks. I'll take it into account.

Aeon:
While watching the previous hacks (Sign [Anime] , Infestation [Game], Liminality [Ova], AI Buster [Novel], Zero [Novel], Another Story [Novel], Dusk/Udeden [Manga]) is not a requisite, you will be missing a lot of elements.

Like who Tri-Edge resembles.
What is Data Drain.
The significance behind Delta Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground.
And most importantly... who is Aura.

As far as I've seen, the 3 new hacks (announced for now) .hack//Roots [anime], .hack//G.U. [game] and .hack//Jack [Ova] have a lot of references to those points I mention above. Plus new novels are coming out... (If only TokyoPop hurried and translated Another Birth [scheduled for june in USA] and Zero [non-scheduled] ).

masamuneehs
Fri, 03-31-2006, 07:09 AM
another anime promo
this one's called Glass no Kantai
Glass no Kantai Promo (http://akito.animereactor.dk:35097/stats.html?info_hash=7c17a27907020308a009d848e0be2 cdf0322f812)

edit after watching: Looks like your: big war in space series. Didn't catch any mecha, but the promo heavily stressed the massive fleet-type battle environment and some clash between 'rebels and empires'. Looks like it will fall in the Legend of Galactic Heroes genre, but I wonder if it will deliver?

I think I've just gained another series to try when it premeires.. not long to wait, "April 4th, late at night" (in Japan).
also called: Legend of the Wind Universe

Kraco
Fri, 03-31-2006, 04:47 PM
To continue on the promo train of thought, CrystalNova released an Aria the Natural promo (http://tracker.crystalnova.net/torrents/%5BCrystalNova%5DARIA_The_NATURAL_-_Promo_%5B7315C8C7%5D.avi.torrent). This is most certainly one of the series I'm most eagerly waiting for of these imminent series.

The promo looked interesting already.

(But I don't know who the hell comes up with names like this:
1. season: ARIA the ANIMATION
2. season: ARIA the NATURAL

wtf..?)

masamuneehs
Mon, 04-17-2006, 09:43 AM
Gonzo's Witchblade has a trailer up and running
http://www.witchblade.jp/gallery/index.html#

It looks sorta cool, I'll be checkin it out

Munsu
Sun, 06-04-2006, 04:04 AM
I've been looking at animes coming out this summer, and here are the ones I'm looking forward to:

A Spirit of the Sun
Kemonozume Sakaba
Chevalier
Project Blue Earth SOS
Chokotto Sister
Coyote Ragtime Show
Innocent Venus
Night Head Genesis

By the way, about the series called Musashi that was coming out this April, anyone heard anything about it?

Shiggs
Mon, 06-05-2006, 10:12 AM
I'm really liking AMG season 2, now that it's been airing. AnimeONE is taking its time in releasing it, but that's not a bad thing. Quality > Speed Release.

What's the chance of AonE starting a direct download service? I'd be willing to donate some money towards server costs etc. Anyone else like this idea?

^_^

Munsu
Sun, 08-27-2006, 02:57 AM
Well the Fall Season is about to start, so here are some links you guys can check to see what's coming out:
http://sched.froth-bite.com/WhoSubsWhat/Fall2006
http://fansub.andrewlb.com/pukiwiki.php?Fall%202006

Some series that seem interesting in some way or another, or series that I'm looking forward to:

Red Garden
Tokyo Tribe 2 (Don't think there's a 1, but there's a manga)
Black Blood Brothers
D.Gray-Man
Death Note
Kanon
GITS S.A.C. Solid State Society
009-1
Irohanihoheto
Yamato Nadeshiko Shich Henge
Tenpo Ibun Ayakashi Akashi
Jigoku Shoujo 2
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Mai-Otome OVA
Busou Renkin
CODE Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
Pumpkin Scissors
Ghost Hunt
Fist of the Blue Sky (Uncle from the character of Fist of the North Star)
Black Lagoon Second Barrage
Shounen Omyouji
Sokou no Strain
Master Epic
A Spirit of the Sun
G-9
Ichigo Mashimaro OVA
FREEDOM
Katei Kyoshi Hitman REBORN!
Maria-sama ga Miteru 3rd Season
Strike Witches
Souten no Ken

masamuneehs
Sun, 08-27-2006, 03:01 AM
D.Gray-Man
Death Note
Black Lagoon Second Barrage

awesome:D
can't wait for these three. Sure there will be some surprisingly good ones out of the new class, but these three, man i can't wait.

Board of Command
Sun, 08-27-2006, 10:14 AM
Death Note? That sounds good. I hear a lot of good things about the manga though I've never read them myself.

Aeon
Sun, 08-27-2006, 11:55 AM
I know I'll be watching Black Lagoon, might have to give Death Note a shot. I'm happy new shows are coming out I been in need of some weekly awesome shows to watch since I only source of anime weekly enjoyment comes from One Piece,Air Gear and Kiba.

Apraxhren
Sun, 08-27-2006, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the update. Seems like there will be some good new series coming out. A few caught my attention and I hope they turn out to be excellent, Freedom-Project despite the product placement seems intriguing. Also Irohanihohet looks interesting, although thats just from a few pictures. Once again thank you.

Board of Command
Sun, 08-27-2006, 07:20 PM
Ooh I just noticed Jigoku Shoujo 2. I liked the first season and I hope a group faster than Shinsen would pick it up.

RyougaZell
Tue, 08-29-2006, 03:01 PM
Kanon, Mai-Otome OVA and Negima? will be the three I'll follow this fall.

And in spring... Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS

EDIT:
Added picture

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b154/kickinarchive/wordpress/08_06/28_nanohaport/strikers.gif

chobits1217
Tue, 08-29-2006, 09:41 PM
oh my god sweet!
didn't know D Greyman is animated
been following the manga for some time, can't wait to watch the anime!!!!!
this is awesom news!!!

Ryllharu
Wed, 08-30-2006, 06:18 AM
RyougaZell, you are so awesome finding that, I don't even think I can control myself. I thought Nanoha ended in a good way, but I know I'll keep watching them if they keep cranking them out. It's simply one of the best magical girl series made.

I think for this fall, because school is already starting to pick up, that I'm going to have to minimize the series I watch. I'll probably only be picking up the Otome OVAs, Black Lagoon s2, and the Kanon remake.

RyougaZell
Thu, 08-31-2006, 12:06 AM
More info on Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS

- The story takes places 6 years after the end of A's (not counting the "future" scene)
- Same staff as A's
- Same voice actors
- Nanoha, Fate and Hayate work for the S.T.A.B.
- Lost Logia will be an important affair once more.
- A Nanoha manga will be serialized in Megami, covering the events between A's and StrikerS
- StrikerS was planned before A's aired.
- Will be aired in the first semester of 2007

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/513/03dq5.jpg
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5886/02xf8.jpg
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/1695/01st5.jpg

Munsu
Fri, 10-06-2006, 01:35 AM
Here are a shitload of trailers... around 30 or 40.

http://animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=9597