PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy this iPod?

Ciber
Sun, 03-12-2006, 01:30 PM
iPod AV mockups (http://guides.macrumors.com/Gallery_of_Video_iPod_Mockups)

That thing just looks awesome, like a orgasmic explosion of coolness! If it's actually released i'll be buying one to replace my ancient iPod mini.

Can't wait till April 1st(Apple's 30th birthday, it was founded on April 1st, 1976). hopefully they'll also release the 12" Macbook Pro so i can upgrade my 12" Powerbook.

Assassin
Sun, 03-12-2006, 02:35 PM
i would like to buy it, since my mp3 playes is now busted. but i have a feeling it'll cost like $500 and im not rich like you

IFHTT
Sun, 03-12-2006, 02:40 PM
Yeah My 3rd Gen Ipod is starting to take a dump (the headphone port is starting to crackle and crap). So I'd probably buy one. It does look friggin sweet! Just a big screen with the on screen touchwheel that can disappear. Ugghhh, it sends shivers down my back. I hope they release it.

Eurasian
Sun, 03-12-2006, 05:40 PM
Well, I guess that thing does cause an "orgasmic explosion of coolness." I would buy it but I think the question is if I could...=(

darkmetal505
Sun, 03-12-2006, 05:52 PM
Ah, apple's version of the Creative Zen Vision. Pretty awesome.

RedX1z
Sun, 03-12-2006, 09:19 PM
that is awesome. i wouldn't mind owning that, think of the possibilities with the bigger screen and all.

Deblas
Sun, 03-12-2006, 09:31 PM
Shit! I wonder if I can exchange my Video for one of those??? :eek:

Assertn
Sun, 03-12-2006, 09:43 PM
I'd rather buy an ipod-ready deck for my car than a new ipod

Deadfire
Sun, 03-12-2006, 10:36 PM
I'd rather not get a IPod at all, I really don't like them at all. Just to many problems i have found with them, as well the other ones out there are cheaper and work either the same or better

Ciber
Mon, 03-13-2006, 12:53 AM
I'd rather not get a IPod at all, I really don't like them at all. Just to many problems i have found with them, as well the other ones out there are cheaper and work either the same or better

Spoken like someone that hasn't actually owned one and just regurgitates crap he reads on the internet. :P

DB_Hunter
Mon, 03-13-2006, 07:21 AM
Well I actually don't own one, and thats because all these different Ipod types confuse the hell out of me. It all pretty much seems the same thing but I can't be asked to stand around a shop and go throught the specs of each one. I mean you have the memory difference, then what the hell is this generation difference? All I know is that there is a video ipod, a usb shuffle, 4,6 GB ipods and some 20GB ipods. Anybody who can kindly direct me to where i can find more info would have my gratitude.

Ciber
Mon, 03-13-2006, 10:02 AM
Well I actually don't own one, and thats because all these different Ipod types confuse the hell out of me. It all pretty much seems the same thing but I can't be asked to stand around a shop and go throught the specs of each one. I mean you have the memory difference, then what the hell is this generation difference? All I know is that there is a video ipod, a usb shuffle, 4,6 GB ipods and some 20GB ipods. Anybody who can kindly direct me to where i can find more info would have my gratitude.

http://www.apple.com

rockmanj
Mon, 03-13-2006, 11:54 AM
I'm really debating wether or not to buy an ipod, and its a really hard decision, because archos has some great multimedia players (a few of my friends own some), and that new ipod does indeed kick major ass; but im not sure if get it unless it was under 400$ (and in korea, all ipod shit is mad expensive)

Assertn
Mon, 03-13-2006, 12:59 PM
I got a 4th gen 60 gig ipod last fall for like, $200

But then again, I had to get it from a friend, since apple stores dump the old ipods as soon as the next gen comes out.

ChaosK
Mon, 03-13-2006, 04:19 PM
I got a 4th gen 60 gig ipod last fall for like, $200

But then again, I had to get it from a friend, since apple stores dump the old ipods as soon as the next gen comes out.

true, but not all, if they did like the store i visited, the customer gets the good end of the deal. my warrenty on my mini was about to expire so i messed it up internally and brought it back, they did not have any more minis and replaced it with a nano instead. :D

RyougaZell
Mon, 03-13-2006, 04:26 PM
It looks really cool, but I would not buy it.
A few days of scrolling through the songs would leave the touch-screen all messed up.

(Plus, I just bought my Ipod 2 months ago, heck, I haven't heard all the 1400 songs I uploaded yet! Im hearing them all by shuffle, its been 2 months since I started and two days ago I passed the 1000th song)

aznroyale
Sat, 03-18-2006, 12:55 AM
would probaly buy it, but might get robbed

woofcat
Sat, 03-18-2006, 01:26 AM
as awesome as ipods are i refuse to buy one for people will think i am one of them. If we lived in a perfect world where no-one cared what i did or did not do i would buy it. But i live in a world where if i take my ipod video out people talk to me about it, i don't want to talk about it, i want to watch my show.

dragonrage
Sun, 03-19-2006, 04:20 AM
@ ciber that ipod is "WICKED" would buy it if i liked to waste money better yet if i could lol..... its a bit lavish for me... all i need an ipod to do is to listen to music (keep me clam)...once in a while store some data and thats about it.... not really crazy about carrying a hand held tv/dvd/whatever ( know that not what it is) already watch way too many movies as is. it probably break within a week in my hands, the one i have now is almost a paper weight lol

thanks for a possible christmas wish for santa ..... (damn bastard never gives me what i want)

Assertn
Sun, 03-19-2006, 05:02 AM
all i need an ipod to do is to listen to music (keep me clam)
Please remain clam for all our sakes.

dragonrage
Sun, 03-19-2006, 06:11 PM
Please remain clam for all our sakes.

lol yeah i know my grammar sucks..... and just for you i will remain "calm" and clammed up.