PDA

View Full Version : Bring back the Gaming Section

ChaosK
Sat, 03-11-2006, 09:57 PM
I dont see the reason for the destruction of the Gaming Section. It was active, and well organized (i thought so) and also kept the General Discussion section from not cluttering up. Now that section is one big mess (maybe it's supposed to be) but I'd much rather have the Gaming Section restored.

Both the Gaming, and General sections had tons of activity everyday, by mashing them into one, threads with updates on that same day might be forced to the second page, and lord knows we hate going to the next page (well...i do...). And also, that may have been an exaggeration but, i just wanted to give my 2¢ which everybody who reads this will be charged for, make checks out to "your lord and master". That is all. :D

Ciber
Sat, 03-11-2006, 10:00 PM
Not happening.

ChaosK
Sat, 03-11-2006, 10:14 PM
Which part...? The return of the Gaming Section or...the bill....the bill is inevitable...

complich8
Sat, 03-11-2006, 10:19 PM
umm, if they make checks out to "your lord and master" ... I don't think you're the one that's going to be getting them :p

ChaosK
Sat, 03-11-2006, 10:28 PM
well well, SOMEONE has a big ego.

suckitdry
Sun, 03-12-2006, 07:27 PM
dude there was Video Games stuff here before? I'd say bring it bak!

Assertn
Sun, 03-12-2006, 10:29 PM
I already participated in a 2 hour exercise in futility about it.....but for the sake of curious observation, I'd like to see how many posts there will be in favor of the retired sections.

Phoenix20578
Sun, 03-12-2006, 11:12 PM
The Gaming Section had a lot of posts everyday. I'm all for it making a return

LaZie
Mon, 03-13-2006, 12:03 AM
I also want the gaming section back.

RedX1z
Mon, 03-13-2006, 01:19 AM
i could really care less if the gaming section came back, it was starting to die out anyway, but doesn't mean i'm against the idea either, but from what i've been seeing lately, there aren't too many hard core gamers that like to talk about gaming to the extreme or even a little for that matter. the gaming section to me was more dead than the tv and movies section back then and now. although, every now and then i enjoy a good read from that section and post a few, but that's about it, all in the name of rockman, i guess..

Ciber
Mon, 03-13-2006, 01:19 AM
You guys can talk about games here just like you've been doing for the last couple of days.

Teh XYZ
Tue, 03-14-2006, 08:00 PM
sigh, i do think the gaming section was useful but...he IS ciber...

XanBcoo
Tue, 03-14-2006, 11:51 PM
I also think the Gaming Section should be brought back. Things seemed more organized that way.

What is the reason the two sections were merged?

Assassin
Wed, 03-15-2006, 12:49 AM
Because the admins thought the forums were more cluttered with so many sections.

I have to admit, i dont agree with that reasoning, but all you guys aren't putting forth a very compelling argument. You all want the gamming section back, yet the 3 most recently active gaming threads (WoW, kingdom hearts and next gen consoles) haven't had a post in the past 5 hours (and thats for the most recently visited one). With stats like that i can't really blame ciber for wanting to merge those forums and make GD more active.

Perhaps if you all spent more time posting in the gaming topics instead of here, you request mite eventually be granted.

Teh XYZ
Wed, 03-15-2006, 04:54 PM
just a question, are you speaking that as a sort of hint that if the gaming threads become really active that they'll acctually bring it back or just a suggestion of your own?

Assassin
Wed, 03-15-2006, 11:31 PM
neither a hint, nor a suggestion. More of a possibility. I (unfortunately) have no power of this kind of stuff being just another user (albeit a super awesome one), so i can't exaclty drop subtle hints like that. But judging from the arguments i've heard on irc, it stands to reason that if there is enough videogame discussion (and im assuming 'enough' in this case would be ALOT more then the current amount) and GD gets cluttered, it mite warrant a forum of its own.

But thats just a possible outcome, nothing definate.