PDA

View Full Version : Reputation System Overview

Pages : [1] 2

complich8
Sat, 03-11-2006, 01:44 PM
I enabled the reputation system a short while ago, but didn't really configure it until just now, and didn't really explain it to anyone either. So I figured everyone should know how it works and what it does.

Basically, the reputation system is a community-driven user rating system. So if you think a user is a really awesome poster, you would give them a positive reputation hit, or if you think they're the worst thing to happen to the forums, you'd give them a negative rep hit.

You'll have more or less impact based on how your own reputation, your post count, and how long you've been a forum member.

Basically, what all this means is that older, better posters will have more impact than newer, worse ones. At least, if the system works.

The green (or black, or red) boxes in a poster's name indicate their reputation visually, which might be handy.

For every half-year you've been a member, you get 1 rep power point.
For every 150 posts you've made, you get 1 rep power point
For every 50 points of reputation you have, you get 1 rep power point.
If your reputation is below -20, your rep hits don't count.
If your post count is below 25, your rep hits don't count.
As an added incentive to use the system, if you accumulate over 5000 reputation points, you'll be able to give yourself a custom title

Some guidelines:
Try to give out more positive reputation hits than negative ones.
No soliciting rep hits.
Don't take it too seriously.
Leave comments with your rep hits.

Your feedback is anonymous to the recipient, but admins and mods can see who left it. Don't use reputation as an opportunity to flame people anonymously, or we'll have to lay the smack down on you.

To prevent abuse, you have to rep 15 other people before you can hit the same person again. This should prevent people from giving the same person too much grief or negatively repping them too much.

I'll be fine-tuning the reputation system as I see how well it works, so settings may change.
Feel free to post any questions or problems with the system in this thread.

ChaosK
Sat, 03-11-2006, 10:03 PM
i take it this is starting from now? everyone has the same rep points at the moment, but technically the veterns should have more and so on shouldnt they?

Knives122
Sat, 03-11-2006, 10:07 PM
That seems logical.

I suggest everyone should start clicking my rep button

complich8
Sat, 03-11-2006, 10:14 PM
veterans don't have more rep points, but they have more influence.

Theoretically, as you prove your worth in the forums, you'll build more reputation... but we're not starting veterans out at higher scores or anything.

So yeah, starting from now. In a couple months, if the rep system flies, I think things will be nicely balanced out =D

ChaosK
Sat, 03-11-2006, 10:16 PM
could you explain what each color means....i see green is unaffected, but ciber's is black and knives's is red, yet it says he has no referrals.

Knives122
Sat, 03-11-2006, 10:28 PM
If I'm reading it right, it probably means someone gave me a negative rep

which turned my box into a black box...

IFHTT
Sat, 03-11-2006, 10:56 PM
I like thie idea, but It is something that I normally wouldn't even think about doing. It's easy to miss too as it sort of looks like the post count meter seen on other forums. I guess we'll have to make a habit of leaving rep points. I imagine until everyone gets used to it, it'll be a slow rise in people's rep. It's cool though.

Deblas
Sat, 03-11-2006, 11:53 PM
Yeah, I got this thing under my username that says Warn: (0%). Is that part of the rep thing?

EDIT: NM. It says warning log. But why does mine show and not the others?

Wilik
Sun, 03-12-2006, 12:02 AM
You can only view your own warning log, thats why.

Assertn
Sun, 03-12-2006, 12:07 AM
Ohh....is that how it works....I've seen that kind of system used at other forums before...

complich8
Sun, 03-12-2006, 12:36 AM
green is for positive rep. black is zero or disabled (zero in the case of knives, disabled in the case of ciber). red is negative. Everyone starts at +5. The first level threshold is +15. I think it'll probably add a box at +50, the second threshold.

As you get more positive or negative, at certain thresholds you'll get more boxes. It's not just a redlight/greenlight game, it's a meter.

Wilik has an extremely high value, because ... well ... he's wilik. He's sort of a good example of what a high rep value will end up looking like.

Knives122
Sun, 03-12-2006, 01:11 AM
Thanks for using me as an example :p

anywho, wouldn't it just be better if we could make that warning bar....oh I don't know, disappear?

Wilik
Sun, 03-12-2006, 02:07 AM
No chance, we had a warning system on the old forums, so we have a warning system on the new forums.

masamuneehs
Sun, 03-12-2006, 11:07 AM
There's also a limit on how many Reps you can give out in a 24 hour period (as I just found out...) so spend them wisely.

Also, I was wondering if comp or Wilik would let tell us how the limit on #s of Reps per day is structured. Is it a flat rate for everyone, or does it increase along with your status?

ChaosK
Sun, 03-12-2006, 11:44 AM
so, why do i have a red dot when i have 0 referrals?

masamuneehs
Sun, 03-12-2006, 11:57 AM
*sigh*

Referrals are not Reputation. Reputation is other users evaluating the quality of your posts and your general contribution to discussions/forums.

Referrals are totally different (although I believe they do count towards Reputation). You get a referral if you get someone to join the forums here and they write you in as the person who referred you to join.

Your Reputation box is red because you probably got one or more Negative Reps.

Oh, and I'm sure you all know this already, but to give Rep to a user you click on the red button next to 'Off' (grey) or 'On' (red) below the user's avatar. Then you get to choose whether to 'Approve' or 'Disapprove' that user's post, the first adding positive Rep, the latter giving negative Rep and post a comment along with your Rep.

The Heretic Azazel
Sun, 03-12-2006, 01:17 PM
Damn, there could be better color coding. Both buttons are red, this is going to be chaos. Reporting positivity when you meant to report negativity, and vice versa.

Wilik
Sun, 03-12-2006, 03:52 PM
Damn, there could be better color coding. Both buttons are red, this is going to be chaos. Reporting positivity when you meant to report negativity, and vice versa.

Ok this is how it works, the button labeled 'Rep' is for reputation, the button labeled 'Report' is for reporting spoilers and other things against the rules to a mod/admin. It is very hard to confuse the two since they both have alternative pages after you click the button.

Assassin
Mon, 03-13-2006, 01:35 AM
how can i check what my current rep power is?

Edit: nvm, i just clicked my own rep button, and it shows it there.

complich8
Mon, 03-13-2006, 01:46 AM
from my testing, it appears that the second green box shows up at +100 reputation.

To give some statistics, as of right now, 110 rep hits total have been given. 12 people have received net negative reputations from the start, and nine have fallen below zero.

A gross total of 933 reputation points have been given out, of which 707 have been positive, and 226 negative. I'm pretty happy with that, for the system having been around for like a day and a half :).

Kraco
Mon, 03-13-2006, 07:03 AM
At other forums I never paid any attention to these rep systems at all, but now when it was introduced here I noticed the comment system that goes alongside it (because it was mentioned in this thread). That makes it much more worthwhile. They make very nice jokes.

I actually started giving rep as a joke, and today somebody also returned the favor. This is a wonderful opportunity to keep your wits sharp, as it's not enough to simple read posts, but you must also think if they could be twisted for this use.

Jadugar
Mon, 03-13-2006, 11:26 AM
from my testing, it appears that the second green box shows up at +100 reputation.

To give some statistics, as of right now, 110 rep hits total have been given. 12 people have received net negative reputations from the start, and nine have fallen below zero.

A gross total of 933 reputation points have been given out, of which 707 have been positive, and 226 negative. I'm pretty happy with that, for the system having been around for like a day and a half :).

How does one explain this?

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/8979/rep9dk.jpg

KitKat
Mon, 03-13-2006, 11:37 AM
I'm guessing the same way one can explain Wilik's 2 million post count

Knives122
Mon, 03-13-2006, 11:47 AM
Magic? b/c that's how I explain the unexplainable.

nevermind it works now....

Assassin
Mon, 03-13-2006, 12:34 PM
How does one explain this?

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/8979/rep9dk.jpg

Note the title "Administrator" under Ciber's name.

Assertn
Mon, 03-13-2006, 12:55 PM
It'd be nice if my member duration and post count carried any weight to the new rep system.

I calculated my rep to be at least 2488 points.

Wilik
Mon, 03-13-2006, 02:06 PM
Your post count + time being a member does reflect your rep Assertnfailure, it counts towards how much of a rep hit you can give someone, for instance right now anyone that joins has the ability to give someone a rep hit of +/-(1-5) I believe where as you can give someone a rep hit of +/-20~ because of your postcount + time being a member.

Assassin
Mon, 03-13-2006, 02:53 PM
If i click on my own rep button, it says i currently have 18 rep points.

so is that how many i give to someone else, or is that how many i've recieved? cuz i just figured it was how much i could give to other ppl. if thats the case, how do i check how much rep i've recieved, aside from the bar.

Munsu
Mon, 03-13-2006, 03:04 PM
Hah, I didn't know people could read the comments when writing on someone's Rep.

I wrote "You suck" to many people, so if you read it, don't be offended, but you probably sucked anyways.

Knives122
Mon, 03-13-2006, 03:08 PM
well I guess there's some truth to that, we've all had to of "sucked" sometime in our lives.......

suckitdry
Mon, 03-13-2006, 03:30 PM
Hah, I didn't know people could read the comments when writing on someone's Rep.

I wrote "You suck" to many people, so if you read it, don't be offended, but you probably sucked anyways.

What you talk about? I can not read anything with comments! How did you find them?
I only see 'somewhat negative' and red button with 'N/A'. I can not find comments at all!

Munsu
Mon, 03-13-2006, 03:33 PM
Just go to your control panel and you should see the comments, you probably have one from me saying "Your tastes suck" or something.

complich8
Mon, 03-13-2006, 03:41 PM
There are two relevant numbers to reputation: your actual rep score, and your rep power.

Score is determined solely by what other people give you ... so if you were a total n00b, and everyone on the board loved what you had to say, you could theoretically have a very high reputation after making a single post.

Power is determined by the numbers I explained before ... so your forum membership time, your post count.

Admins are set at a static +20/-20 rep power, and in the case of ciber and wilik have artificially inflated reputations, because that's just how it is. They're admins, they can do that. Technically, I can do that too, and so can terra.

Non-admins give their full power on positive reps, and half-power on negative reps. This biases the system toward positive reputations, which I think is a good thing.

Right now, by virtue of post count and membership age, AssertnFailure has a reputation power of 50. That means his hits are pretty heavy, giving +50 for a positive hit and -25 for a negative one. So quit yer goddamned bitching, assertn :p.

In other words, the system doesn't reward you for posting a lot by giving you rep. It rewards you for posting a lot by giving you more representation. Reputation itself comes solely from the community (or from the whim of the admins, in the case of ciber and wilik). So your actual reputation reflects public opinion of you, where your power reflects both public opinion of you and the degree to which you've participated in the forums.

In the case of ciber and wilik ... well ... it's pretty pointless to rep them one way or the other, 'cause they sorta own the place :p. Which is why they're walking around with reputations the size of Cleveland.

IFHTT
Mon, 03-13-2006, 04:30 PM
Should one gain enough rep to be able to pick a custom title, is it changeable as long as the rep is still high enough, or is it a one time deal? Just curious.

complich8
Mon, 03-13-2006, 04:35 PM
totally changeable. You get an option to override it with whatever you want in your user options, if you get that high up.

IFHTT
Mon, 03-13-2006, 04:39 PM
Sweeeeeet :D That's a nice touch to throw in that ability... Thanks

ChaosK
Mon, 03-13-2006, 07:43 PM
There are two relevant numbers to reputation: your actual rep score, and your rep power.

Score is determined solely by what other people give you ... so if you were a total n00b, and everyone on the board loved what you had to say, you could theoretically have a very high reputation after making a single post.

Power is determined by the numbers I explained before ... so your forum membership time, your post count.

Admins are set at a static +20/-20 rep power, and in the case of ciber and wilik have artificially inflated reputations, because that's just how it is. They're admins, they can do that. Technically, I can do that too, and so can terra.

Non-admins give their full power on positive reps, and half-power on negative reps. This biases the system toward positive reputations, which I think is a good thing.

Right now, by virtue of post count and membership age, AssertnFailure has a reputation power of 50. That means his hits are pretty heavy, giving +50 for a positive hit and -25 for a negative one. So quit yer goddamned bitching, assertn :p.

In other words, the system doesn't reward you for posting a lot by giving you rep. It rewards you for posting a lot by giving you more representation. Reputation itself comes solely from the community (or from the whim of the admins, in the case of ciber and wilik). So your actual reputation reflects public opinion of you, where your power reflects both public opinion of you and the degree to which you've participated in the forums.

In the case of ciber and wilik ... well ... it's pretty pointless to rep them one way or the other, 'cause they sorta own the place :p. Which is why they're walking around with reputations the size of Cleveland.

so if ciber or wilik gives us a negative rep....we're screwed?

Kraco
Mon, 03-13-2006, 07:53 PM
so if ciber or wilik gives us a negative rep....we're screwed?

... And so the reign of terror began...

complich8
Mon, 03-13-2006, 08:03 PM
nope, if ciber or wilik give you a rep hit, it'll be a +20 or -20. Unless they decide to go in and edit that hit to make it higher or lower.

In short, there's nothing preventing us from screwing you over... but doing so would pretty much defeat the purpose of the system by removing people from it at random. By default, we admins actually hit lighter than heavy posters like Assertn and Bud. So if there's anyone who's going to go on a "reign of terror" ... I'd say it'd be more likely to be the "Raikage club" than us.

(of course, if we were so inclined, we _could_ just set your rep to like -846726 ... but that's a fate I'd only reserve for habitual rep-beggers or rep-inflating cliques :p)

Assertn
Tue, 03-14-2006, 02:30 AM
hmmmm.....so basically, my rep's are the second most valuable in the forum.....

good to know =]

IFHTT
Tue, 03-14-2006, 02:45 AM
hmmmm.....so basically, my rep's are the second most valuable in the forum.....

good to know =]
Welllll, that sounds kind of ominous. I bet you'll have people kissing your ass all day long now

All Hail Assertn. :D:cool:

Terracosmo
Tue, 03-14-2006, 11:17 AM
Noooo! Does this mean that my awesome post count doesn't matter since I'm an admin when it comes to reputation hits? Cruel fate!

(It's okay though, I can live with the trade :D)

Knives122
Tue, 03-14-2006, 11:42 AM
Welllll, that sounds kind of ominous. I bet you'll have people kissing your ass all day long now

All Hail Assertn. :D:cool:

I'm pretty sure we call that begging ;)

IFHTT
Tue, 03-14-2006, 11:59 AM
lol It was a joke as reference to the ass kissing part of my post lol. I don't beg, rep isn't important enough to me to make me look like an ass kiss :D

Assertn
Tue, 03-14-2006, 12:42 PM
Noooo! Does this mean that my awesome post count doesn't matter since I'm an admin when it comes to reputation hits? Cruel fate!

(It's okay though, I can live with the trade :D)

Ohh.....that's true.......

In that case, I DO have the highest rep value :cool:

ChaosK
Tue, 03-14-2006, 07:51 PM
well use, but technically so do other posters, who are also up there. for instance i see that post count seems to be a high factor in one's rep power.

took the time to calculate my rep power and in 2 days i'll have 18 rep power. thats pretty close to yours. so for anyone who's been here a 2 years and has over 2400 posts has 20 rep power. becuase 20 is the highest...right? (am i getting this right?)

2 years=4 6-month periods=4 rep points+2400posts/150=4 rep points+16rep points=20 rep points.

Teh XYZ
Tue, 03-14-2006, 07:59 PM
wow, i'm finally back from my trip back to Hong Kong. And now the whole forum's changed and there are reps. Pretty cool.

Knives122
Tue, 03-14-2006, 08:03 PM
well use, but technically so do other posters, who are also up there. for instance i see that post count seems to be a high factor in one's rep power.

took the time to calculate my rep power and in 2 days i'll have 18 rep power. thats pretty close to yours. so for anyone who's been here a 2 years and has over 2400 posts has 20 rep power. becuase 20 is the highest...right? (am i getting this right?)

2 years=4 6-month periods=4 rep points+2400posts/150=4 rep points+16rep points=20 rep points.

does that mean you and I "have the power"? ;)

Edit: if you couldn't guess the quote above is a He-man reference :p

Gotwoot Moderator
Tue, 03-14-2006, 08:33 PM
hm, hm, I wonder what kind of awesome repping power I might have?:cool: :cool: :cool:

wow, i'm finally back from my trip back to Hong Kong. And now the whole forum's changed and there are reps. Pretty cool.

Strange, I didn't know Chaoskiddo had been in Hong Kong...

In fact, he's been quite active recently on the forums, as usual.

Is this a reemergence of his split personality, Teh terrible XYZ? Or is it someone else accessing the forums from the exact same IP address?

We see you.
:eek:

P.S. Give rep to yourself from your alternate accounts, or to your alternate accounts, and your Rep will be playing limbo.

"How low can you go?"

GotWoot Moderator

complich8
Tue, 03-14-2006, 08:54 PM

Close, you got the math right, but your interpretation is wrong.

Rep power isn't capped at 20. Admin rep power is artificially pinned at 20. Reputation power is uncapped, so theoretically someone with ... say, 150000 posts would be laying out 1000-point reps.

I can arbitrarily tweak the power factors ... so if I think it's too unbalanced one way or the other, I can tune it to correct what I think's wrong with it. So far I'm pretty happy with the balance I've been seeing though. I might shift the influence a bit away from post count and toward age in the future, but I'm undecided as of yet.

Terracosmo
Tue, 03-14-2006, 09:23 PM
I feel kinda like Naruto. I have the highest post count around and theoretically the highest power, but I'm like sealed from using it because of being an admin. :D

xDarkMaster
Tue, 03-14-2006, 09:31 PM
I feel like young Naruto, no power and unliked even though I'm trying my best... :(

Jadugar
Tue, 03-14-2006, 09:36 PM
My 10 reputation points just went down the drain pipe.

Commnet : you have too much power

Who is it? You coward. Show your face.

There were three people watching this thread when it happened.

Knives122
Tue, 03-14-2006, 09:50 PM
well at least you still have a rep

when this thread got started someone(I know who but I'm not saying :p ) brought my none existent rep down to zero.

I was devastated

Jadugar
Tue, 03-14-2006, 09:56 PM
LOL

I just realized Black Cat sucks...took me long enough

It took me 12 episodes to realize that.

This is a blatantly off-topic post. Get back on the subject and go post your opinion in the right place.

GotWoot Moderator

xDarkMaster
Wed, 03-15-2006, 09:36 PM
Okay, I really like this system and like how it motivates people not to spam and make bad posts. However, I see a major flaw. I'm not only saying this because it has happened to me a few times, but because it's true. I've gotten like 3 down reps simply because people disagreed with the contents of my posts. They weren't just spam and thoughtless comments. And someone decided to down rep me for what seems like spite for disagreeing with them.

Assassin
Wed, 03-15-2006, 10:09 PM
how do you tell if its a +rep or a -rep?

@xDarkMaster:

i agree that it kinda sucks, but i dont really see much choice. No system is perfect, so just hope that people wont be dicks and give out negative rep like that.

On the other hand, the rep is a way to show how other people feel about you....so technically its not a downside :p.

just remember, its not meant to be taken too seriously, as long as it encourages good posts, we can count it as a win.
(http://forums.gotwoot.net/member.php?u=9921)

xDarkMaster
Wed, 03-15-2006, 10:28 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean but I figured it was for useless and stupid posts, not for mere differnece of opinion...

Anyways, when you click on control panel if the button thing next to the comment is green it's + and if it's red it's -

complich8
Thu, 03-16-2006, 01:14 AM
I'm revamping the power system a little bit. now that we've got some basic reputations established and people seem to be getting used to the system.

Basically, I'm changing the weighting from emphasizing post count to more balanced representation of post count, forum age and accumulated rep.

Same formula to calculate your rep power: (age/age factor) + (posts/post factor) + (rep/rep factor).

I've changed it like this:
age factor from 1/2 year to 30 days.
post factor from 150 to 400.
Finally, reputation factor from 50 to 25.

This gives many older posters a significant power boost, and gives newer people a bit more of a voice, particularly if they're good posters.

Further, I've increased the max rep hits per day from 20 to 30, decreased the fanout factor from 15 to 12, and lowered the "you don't count" threshold from -20 to -100 and the min post count from 25 to 20, and I've re-pinned admin hits at 25. This ease in restrictions means that people can join the rep system sooner (albeit with very little impact), and it's harder to be dropped out of the game. It also means that people can rep a little more often and on a slightly smaller subset of people.

Questions? Comments? Post them here!

Assassin
Thu, 03-16-2006, 01:32 AM
awesome work as always compy

Ero-Fan
Thu, 03-16-2006, 08:58 AM
I like the new changes as well. I was wondering if there is any way to require comments for negative rep? The only thing I hate more than a negative rep hit is one without a reason attached to it. I don't know if that's possible, or if you'd have to require coments for both negative and positive rep.

Kraco
Thu, 03-16-2006, 11:14 AM
What comes to that, it would be better anyway, if a comment was always required. There needs to be a reason why give reputation of either kind. If the person giving reputation points doesn't know why he's giving them, he shouldn't do it, or stop to figure out why do it in the first place.

I haven't received either kind without a comment, but Ero-Fan is certainly right about the lack of fun with a lack of a comment.

ChaosK
Thu, 03-16-2006, 05:30 PM
lol, how interesting that my rep power works out to the same.:D

Assassin
Thu, 03-16-2006, 09:31 PM
the problem with that is, if someone doesn't want to leave a comment, they can just write random shit likt "kljklajwlkjdklclkbn d,mnlekrjlq".....the system wouldn't be able to tell teh difference, and were back to square one.

Perhaps if all rep points given first had to be approved by mods/admins? that way, people wouldn't be able to give bad rep for no reason, and they'd have to write some sort of comment each time. It would also make the rep system better since people could no longer hand out rep just for the hell of it

IFHTT
Thu, 03-16-2006, 09:42 PM
Perhaps if all rep points given first had to be approved by mods/admins? that way, people wouldn't be able to give bad rep for no reason, and they'd have to write some sort of comment each time. It would also make the rep system better since people could no longer hand out rep just for the hell of it
That would put too much load on the admins...

I say: Leave it the way it is and if someone has a problem with not getting comments they have the priveledge to contact one of the admins and then if the admins want, they can chew out the non-commenting reputator's ass, then once everyone settles into that scheme it'll fade out. Maybe... Maybe I've been smoking way to much marijuana? :D

complich8
Thu, 03-16-2006, 09:55 PM
Forcing users to leave comments would have the effect that Assassin mentions ... people who didn't want to comment would write garbage. It would have the added effect of discouraging people from using the system.

Moderating (as in approving) the rep hits would be a pain. I've been keeping an eye on who hits what, and have deleted/adjusted a couple of hits that I felt were inappropriate, but for the most part it seems to be fine. Further, making it a moderated medium would remove the direct feeling of influence that people have, and would slow rep distribution quite a bit. I don't think it's a good idea. If I felt that such a thing was necessary -- if the reps were getting too out of hand and problems were happening because of it -- I'd just turn the damned thing back off.

But that's not how I feel about it. People are generally good. Sure, there's some things that happen that you may not feel are appropriate, or may not agree with entirely... but that's the whole "don't take it too seriously" idea!

While the system is in some sense a tool to leave feedback for people, it's also a toy intended to play with and enjoy ... something to encourage participation in general. I like that people are using it, but seriously, don't obsess over it or anything ... just let it slide.

Oh yeah .... if you're seeing particularly bad (inappropriate, for example) comments, drop me a pm.

Jadugar
Thu, 03-16-2006, 10:34 PM
@ Ero-Fan : Dont feel bad, have a look at my reputation points.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/162/rep21bx.jpg

Summary :

1. I said I am disappointed in how the latest One Pece arc is ending and some wanker decides to give me a bad rep.

2. Would you believe it after posting all those pictures in "Hottest babes in Naruto" thread, I get a bad rep.

3. Good rep : Thanx to whoever did it.

4. "I have too much power". What the fuck is that all about?

5. I deserve that. Everyone who watched Basilisk in this forum owes me.

Moral Of the Story :

If some toss pot wants to give you a bad rep there is nothing you can do about it. The trick is not to be phased by it. Stick to your guns. Say what you think and not be afraid of what others will think. Good or bad, be true to yourself. Thats what I would do.

Fuck' em.

ChaosK
Sat, 03-18-2006, 11:29 AM
hmm, i'm still confused a bit abouto this rep system, when do you get the second green box?

The Heretic Azazel
Sat, 03-18-2006, 01:04 PM
Wtf, someone told me "you fuckin suck" for some post I made in the 24 thread..

Fuckin negative nancys. I know it was you splash! You're the only one who hates that show!

Splash!
Sat, 03-18-2006, 01:22 PM
Wtf, someone told me "you fuckin suck" for some post I made in the 24 thread..

Fuckin negative nancys. I know it was you splash! You're the only one who hates that show!

First of all, i am not retarded. If i really wanted to give you a bad rep i would have gone to some other thread and given you a bad rep for something totally different so you couldnt tell that i did it. What the hell do you take me for?? Secondly, i have been careful enough to not swear in any of the reps i have been giving out, so it wasnt me anyways.

complich8
Sat, 03-18-2006, 02:28 PM
second green box seems to show up about +100. I think the third is +200 and the fourth looks like +300. Same should apply for negatives.

Oh, and I'd refrain from speculating who gave you whatever rep. The last thing we need is rep-related drama on the forums.

mage
Sat, 03-18-2006, 04:32 PM
so are thre any prizes for people with really low rep? i think i'll be needing it.

Knives122
Sat, 03-18-2006, 04:58 PM
second green box seems to show up about +100. I think the third is +200 and the fourth looks like +300. Same should apply for negatives.

Oh, and I'd refrain from speculating who gave you whatever rep. The last thing we need is rep-related drama on the forums.

I can see it now: "Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our reps."

ChaosK
Sat, 03-18-2006, 11:09 PM

Thats pretty odd. you dont know for sure?

mage, why would there be a prize for being a shitty poster? no offence but the only prize for good posters is a custom title at 5000 points. Why should someone who spams a lot or makes bad remarks every chance he gets get a prize too? its not like its a competition where you get a consolation prize for being the worst

darkmetal505
Sat, 03-18-2006, 11:33 PM

mage, why would there be a prize for being a shitty poster? no offence but the only prize for good posters is a custom title at 5000 points. Why should someone who spams a lot or makes bad remarks every chance he gets get a prize too? its not like its a competition where you get a consolation prize for being the worst

I think he was being sarcastic. I like the idea of reputations, but some people just hate each other, so theres no way stopping them give negative points just out of spite.

complich8
Sat, 03-18-2006, 11:56 PM

Yeah, pretty much.

I can set where the thresholds for caption changes happen, and what they are. But I can't set the thresholds for the boxes.

I could experiment by setting the rep on a test user to some arbitrary value, but it doesn't auto-update until the next actual rep hit happened to them. So I could test it, but it'd be annoying and I'd get bored very quickly ;) (which is actually what happened).

So yeah, I guess the answer is ... we'll see, right?

Assertn
Sun, 03-19-2006, 12:22 AM
Don't be an ass and give negative rep just for having a conflicting opinion to someone else's post.

But more importantly, don't do it to the guy with the greatest rep power, especially when he has the means of finding out who did it :)

ChaosK
Sun, 03-19-2006, 01:03 AM
lol, so basically your saying your going to get back at everybody who negative reps you? or just the people who do it for pointless reasons.

note...to...self...dont...negative...rep...assertn .

IFHTT
Sun, 03-19-2006, 02:15 AM

Well, I guess my joke a couple pages back holds some ground now, so who ever gave me a negative rep on that joke back then, because it "didn't make sense", if you don't get it now, you're a dumbass.:D :cool:

Terracosmo
Sun, 03-19-2006, 03:05 AM
I know it was you splash! You're the only one who hates that show!

lmao

And yeah, it's pretty cool to know who gives out what rep. :D
It's just a shame that my hit power is so low... otherwise... mwah hah!

rockmanj
Sun, 03-19-2006, 09:21 AM
Is it alright to give negative rep because you dont like someone's thread?? That seems a bit wrong to me if thats what people are doing.

masamuneehs
Sun, 03-19-2006, 09:29 AM
Making a 'negative' post and making a 'negative' thread are both things I imagine you can give out negative rep for. Remember, giving out Rep is based on your own personal evaluation of other users. If someone thinks a person's post is funny/informative they can give a positive rep for it. But if someone else thinks that same post is insulting(or just not funny) then they should be able to dish out Rep if they feel that strongly about it.

Making bad posts is bad, but making bad threads is even worse IMO. It clutters the forums and pushes worthwhile posts out of sight. Some threads also quickly fall into nothing and could have easily been discussed in a more 'collective' thread. Every time I see a 'look at this funny video' thread I think, "Don't we have a thread for that already?" But I only give out Neg Rep towards threads I feel are against the rules (or should be against the rules).

I've personally been shocked that I've yet to get a single Rep hit for providing links to torrents. I know I appreciate it when I can just come onto the forums and see which anime has had new releases and can get them with a push of a button, rather than hunt through groups' websites and trackers.

Also, I say don't be scared of giving negative rep, just try to put a comment with it explaining why. Even if the admins don't like that they're getting hit with negative rep I like to think they're mature enough not to strike back with their powers against someone who had a legitimate gripe against something they did.

*looks pleadingly at Terra* Don't hate me?

ChaosK
Sun, 03-19-2006, 02:29 PM
whats the point of giving someone reputation or negative reputation if you dont have to leave a comment? people just do it becuase they dont like a person or something.

Ryllharu
Sun, 03-19-2006, 02:49 PM
I've been doling out comments on why I didn't like a post, be it lacking in any content at all, or saying something like "Good eps, " [end of post]. The problem is that to read the comments, you need to hit the rep button on a specific post. I don't believe the people who are making the poor posts like this are bothering to look at the comments, even if there are any.

Generally, I don't leave comments for good posts. If it's a good post, I'm willing to bet the poster can figure out why. It seems like a waste for me to say something like "Well said" as a comment when I'm putting negative rep on people who do the same thing. I suppose if there came a situation and a post that was very well done, I'd put in some detail why I liked it, but so far I have not been compelled to do so.

masamuneehs
Sun, 03-19-2006, 03:04 PM
The problem is that to read the comments, you need to hit the rep button on a specific post.

That's not true.

To view comments, as well as which thread they were in you just need to click on your 'Control Panel' icon at the very top of the forum toolbar. That shows what thread the rep was given in, shows the comment along with it and whether the rep was positive or negative.

Kraco
Sun, 03-19-2006, 03:16 PM
Generally, I don't leave comments for good posts. If it's a good post, I'm willing to bet the poster can figure out why. It seems like a waste for me to say something like "Well said" as a comment when I'm putting negative rep on people who do the same thing. I suppose if there came a situation and a post that was very well done, I'd put in some detail why I liked it, but so far I have not been compelled to do so.

There's no fun in the whole system unless you leave a comment. What manner of delight will a person get out of the rep hit, unless he knows why he got it. Of course you can assume a self-satisfied person would automatically think: "of course, this is only right" when he gets a positive rep hit even without a comment, but generally speaking it turns into nothing more than plain statistic without comments.

KitKat
Sun, 03-19-2006, 03:30 PM
I think feedback is really important when giving out rep. Positive feedback is just as effective as negative feedback in letting others know what you like about their posting. Negative feedback lets them know what they can improve. I think this is especially important for new members when they join, so they get a better feel for the community. By encouraging them in posting well, there's a greater chance they'll make more good posts in the future. I try to be fairly explicit in my reasons for rep hits. I generally give out rep for good posts based on factors such as insightfulness, style, helpfulness, etc. A post could be poorly written, but contain a lot of helpful information, so I would naturally want to clarify that the rep was for the content of the post. And as Kraco mentioned, getting blank comments is just less fun :p

ChaosK
Sun, 03-19-2006, 05:14 PM
that was my whole point, some idiot (maybe the same who left one for jadugar) just left me a blank comment so i was sitting there for 5 min wondering:
1. who this fucking idiot is
2. why the hell he bothered repping me.

Terracosmo
Sun, 03-19-2006, 05:19 PM
Don't take this so seriously... in the end this was destined to become some kind of popularity contest. Well not entirely, but you get the point. People who are hated won't get positive reps even if they post awesome and true stuff, people who are well-liked will get positive reps for no apparent reason, KitKat will always have the highest legit rep since she's a girl and so on (don't get me wrong, Kit is awesome, but I've seen the comments she has received and they are hilarious).

While we of course would love it if everyone gave fair comments and all that jazz - we kinda realize it's impossible so, yeah, don't take it TOO seriously.

Jadugar
Sun, 03-19-2006, 05:56 PM
Its all good and dandy in the la la land where the mods are.

Don’t get me wrong Terra, I fucking love you but a couple you days ago you had only two bar reps and now its off the chart. You should be able to do what ever you want to, I am absolutely fine with that. You are pinnacle of awesome.

BUT

What I don’t like is oh don’t take it too seriously stuff. How can you say that? I have been here nearly a year and no disrespect to KitKat but five rep bars. Come on, it seems like there is some kind of underground rep system/mechanism working to favor certain people.

I do have a lot of friends here who would rep me without asking any questions but I haven’t asked any of them. Why? I don’t feel that it’s the right way. I believe in earring the respect.

This system gave too much of power in the hands of idiots who probably never posted a useful comment in their entire time here but they think they have the right to rep other people.

Like I said before, fuck the rep system. People can give me a bad rep if they want to but they will never take away my freedom of speech (did I just quoted Mel Gibson from Braveheart). If people want to say it to someone that they don’t like their post then they can say it to their face by POSTING. Its an online forum for god’s sake. There is no need of some kind of stealth rep system.

Well its not so stealth system for the mods. Apparently they can see you. This system is really transparent and fair?

I don’t remember disapproving a mod. If I did then I probably had a good reason. If you can see me then what? Should I be scared?

I will give you a word of advice given to me by two mods. Don’t take it too seriously.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1829/rep32ge.jpg

Why do I bother pouring my heart out because clearly I see a lot of people upset by this and because I love this place so much that I feel like doing something about it? I browse a lot of forums but Gotwoot is my first love and your first love stays with you forever.

Let the bashing begin. LET ME HAVE IT.

P.S. I also reped KitKat (I love you too). What the hell, the sky is not going to fall down.

Terracosmo
Sun, 03-19-2006, 06:07 PM
Well I wasn't saying that you should completely ignore it... just that it will never work the way people really want it to.

Munsu
Sun, 03-19-2006, 06:13 PM
I don't know why you bring Terra to this argument, since he's an admin, and as it has been explained a couple of times already admins are pretty much out of the Rep game. Plus, admins can change their reps to whatever they see fit, so who cares.

About Kitkat, what's really impressive that me, being the 2nd or 3rd poster with the most rep points power here, has given her about 3 times negative reps, so that that really shows how many positive feedback she is getting.

I really wonder who identified himself being able to see you by being a mod, if it was Terra, then who cares since he is an admin and his rep really doesn't matter, if it was by someone else, then start worrying...

Knives122
Sun, 03-19-2006, 06:14 PM
the only reason I was frustrated with this was because it took me the longest to get two squares (talk about not working the way I want it to :p )

While it took KK less then a week to get five..... (I'm fine with that)

The only real downside to the rep system, is that some(lets say someone childish) could end spamming everyone with neg. reps in the same way they spammed the forums a few months back. Bottom line is that neg. reps should only be give when absoluetly called for, if not then don't put anything

masamuneehs
Sun, 03-19-2006, 06:19 PM
Enter the drama!

Seriously, I do get a little irked when I get a neg rep without a comment, but most of them have had comments. But these Rep hits have to be anonymous or you just fall into the cycle of 'my friends give me Ups, my foes (and those that I give Down Rep to) give me Downs' and that really doesn't help anyone with anything...

Rep should be earned in a legit fashion. Heck, now that I just see that terra's rep is so high I don't even care to Rep him on posts I liked. I can imagine it'd be the same to others.

Everyone has the right to rep others. Yes it's a popularity contest. I can accept that I won't always agree with rep hits I get, and I sure as hell don't always think some members should have the rep they do, but complaining about it isn't going to change anything.

I know I'll probably get bad reps just for being myself, but as long as I get a legit comment on it I have to accept that other person's opinion.

And it's pretty mean to single out KitKat. She's well-liked for a reason, and it isn't just because she's a girl.

Jad, you have to go one way or the other. Saying 'Fuck the system' and then showing that it really irks you isn't furthering either one of those viewpoints... On the other hand, I feel your pain with getting slapped by anonymous negitive hits that don't seem to have much more than a 'I don't like you' ring to them

Terra, how bout settin your rep back down to a normal level and serving as a good example of how the Rep system works for others? I know Comp's been doing that, but other than him all the other 'visible' administrators (which are Wilik, Ciber, comp and you) have artificially inflated rep.

"Neg Rep" happens...

IFHTT
Sun, 03-19-2006, 06:27 PM
"Neg Rep happens..."

Exactly, at least the rep holds no bearing on your posting priveldges or anything else for that matter. We're all just struck by the I want to have higher rep than you syndrome that comes with this kind of thing. But one thing good about it, is that if you really want to have a positve rep and you make crappy posts, it can influence the way you post as to better the community... Just my 2 cents.

Terracosmo
Sun, 03-19-2006, 06:40 PM
"And it's pretty mean to single out KitKat. She's well-liked for a reason, and it isn't just because she's a girl."

Nobody has said that "it's just because she's a girl". Among her comments, however, are people writing basically "this rep is because you're a girl". I am not trying to single out someone or whatever-the-fuck, I just felt that it was a good way to illustrate that the rep system isn't "fair". But enough about that.

"Terra, how bout settin your rep back down to a normal level and serving as a good example of how the Rep system works for others? I know Comp's been doing that, but other than him all the other 'visible' administrators (which are Wilik, Ciber, comp and you) have artificially inflated rep."

Nah, I kinda like being the pinnacle of awesome. :D

Jadugar
Sun, 03-19-2006, 06:59 PM
"Neg Rep happens..."
But one thing good about it, is that if you really want to have a positve rep and you make crappy posts, it can influence the way you post as to better the community... Just my 2 cents.

I think it restricts people what they really think. They are more aware of the fact that if they say something which is true but is against someone then they will be definitely getting a bad rep.

Hell even I flinched a couple of time. I just moved away thinking oh no if I say something then this person is going to give me a bad rep. This should not be affecting the way people think and post.

Jad, you have to go one way or the other. Saying 'Fuck the system' and then showing that it really irks you isn't furthering either one of those viewpoints

I give up. I am only going to go one way not that it has changed what it used to be.

I really wonder who identified himself being able to see you by being a mod, if it was Terra, then who cares since he is an admin and his rep really doesn't matter, if it was by someone else, then start worrying...

28 points rep power. Who is that strong?

and the drama continues..............

Munsu
Sun, 03-19-2006, 07:05 PM
How can you find out how much rep points a specific rep hit gives you?

Jadugar
Sun, 03-19-2006, 07:09 PM
I had 188 points yestarday. After that bad rep it went down to 160.

ChaosK
Sun, 03-19-2006, 07:52 PM
what i'm getting annoyed at is that everytime i get 2 bars, some jackass decides to negative me bringing me down a few notches. Also, jad i think i was negative repped by the same person as you without a comment. He brought me down quite a bit, i'd go check but i'm making this post right now.

edit: hmm it seems i was taken down from 102 to 80 in 1 negative reputation. This would mean that the person who negative reped me has a grand finale of 44 reputation points...let the hunt begin.

KitKat
Sun, 03-19-2006, 07:56 PM
*gasp* It was BUD who negative repped me!!! *dies*

Hehe, well, I just want to say that I don't feel like I'm being picked on or anything in this discussion. I've mentioned to more than a few people that I don't feel myself to be totally deserving of the rep given to me. I realize that being a girl who actively posts on an anime forum bestows a certain celebrity-like status, but I like to think that I've legitimately earned some of that rep too through my efforts to be a good poster and active contributer to the community. It's an inherently flawed system, but it does have a lot of potential to improve the community if more people start repping for reasons other than likes/dislikes of a person. Even if only the older members are committed to keeping the system fair, it will have a lot of impact since they have the most rep power.

Oh, and, some of you guys leave really sweet comments!

Jadugar
Sun, 03-19-2006, 08:02 PM
Even if only the older members are committed to keeping the system fair, it will have a lot of impact since they have the most rep power.

Only comp is doing that and I admire him for that.

Splash!
Sun, 03-19-2006, 08:08 PM
i was wondering, shouldnt there be some sort of limit on the total number of reps a single post can receive, if there already isnt one. Say if a person was to make a really good and really bad post in a frequently visited thread or forum. Everyone would probably end up reading the post and give that person a good or bad rep. Wouldnt that result in a single post having a lot of influence on the person's rep which really shoudn't be the case.

kAi
Sun, 03-19-2006, 08:40 PM
Well, that should stop you from being a bad poster now, shouldn't it?

Deblas
Sun, 03-19-2006, 08:44 PM
Oh, and, some of you guys leave really sweet comments!

hehe, the rep system is the ultimate privacy tool. It's a great way to hit on woman but still keep anonymous!....Only in the internet.....

Phoenix20578
Sun, 03-19-2006, 08:46 PM
hehe, the rep system is the ultimate privacy tool. It's a great way to hit on woman but still keep anonymous!....Only in the internet.....
Deblas, you obviously havent been to New York then ;)

Assassin
Sun, 03-19-2006, 08:52 PM
what dont you guys get about the system not being fair? you see, this is why comp said dont take it too seriously.

Splash: its just like kai said, it would be motivation to better your posting habbits.

As far as kitkats high rep goes, she deserves every bit of it. Out of all the active posters on GW, shes probably in the top 3. Not because shes a girl, or because she posts alot, but cuz everything she posts is good content wise. Like bud said, despite a 3x bad rep, she still has so many bars, so she must be doing something rite.

And to those of you who are afraid to post cuz you think you mite get a bad rep on that comment, you're all a bunch of fucking idiots (go ahead, -rep me on this, i insist). You're letting an online popularity contest keep you from expressing youselves.

oh and btw, jadugar...regarding that comment you recieved:

Don't be an ass and give negative rep just for having a conflicting opinion to someone else's post.

But more importantly, don't do it to the guy with the greatest rep power, especially when he has the means of finding out who did it :)

Edit:

oh and just so you all quit complaining about everysingle -rep hit you get and not having 2 boxes or whatever, heres a present from me. +40(ish) rep for all of you. Do you all feel better about yourselves now? >.>

complich8
Sun, 03-19-2006, 09:10 PM
Its all good and dandy in the la la land where the mods are.
I don’t remember disapproving a mod. If I did then I probably had a good reason. If you can see me then what? Should I be scared?

In order to prevent just this sort of thing, I've unilaterally (and maybe unpredictably) decided to make it so mods can't see who leaves rep comments.

Sorry mods, that's just how it is :).

In other news, I'll reiterate ... if you're getting abusive reps, drop me a pm. That's the only way anything will happen about them.

And yeah, part of KitKat's high reputation is probably because she's a girl, and we all know it, and many of us are the sort of particular anime nerds who are susceptible to just such things... But like I mentioned to her a while back on aim:

it's like a popularity contest at school
sure, the pretty girl is going to get a lot of votes
but the pretty girl who also does nice things for people is going to win over the slightly prettier girl who's a raging bitchaholic

IFHTT
Sun, 03-19-2006, 09:20 PM
But like I mentioned to her a while back on aim:

Damn Right!
I know I've been here a VERY short time compared to most of you guys but what I've seen of KitKat's posts makes me feel like she deserves everyone of those rep points. If you don't agree that's fine but I know I've sent a pos. rep her way once or twice and for good reason. It's simple, she's awesome. I probably haven't been here long enough to be able to say that with valitdity but thats just the way it is...

Munsu
Sun, 03-19-2006, 09:37 PM
Sorry mods, that's just how it is :).

Ah, that sucks... I was targeting mods myself with some fun comments, now they won't know that those nasty things came from me.

I blame Assertn and Terra for this... Mod privileges should be kept quiet, you shouldn't be going around spouting crap about how great it is to be a mod because you can do this and that. It just breaks the system.

Jadugar
Sun, 03-19-2006, 10:02 PM
oh and btw, jadugar...regarding that comment you recieved:

But more importantly, don't do it to the guy with the greatest rep power, especially when he has the means of finding out who did it

So you are basically telling me te refrain from expressing my opinion against someone he has higher ranks in GW. ;)

Wouldnt that contradict your morals :D

And to those of you who are afraid to post cuz you think you mite get a bad rep on that comment, you're all a bunch of fucking idiots

I am sure you have seen me express my opinions openly in the forum and not being afraid of what others might think or do. I dont give a rats ass. :rolleyes:

@ complich8 : Thanx. I hope its not a false hope.

P.S What would be a painless way of killing yourself?

Knives122
Sun, 03-19-2006, 10:07 PM
building hopping would be good. but that's not the answer....fight the neg. reppers with telekinetic powers....or I don't know commit suicide

Assassin
Mon, 03-20-2006, 12:44 AM
So you are basically telling me te refrain from expressing my opinion against someone he has higher ranks in GW. ;)

Wouldnt that contradict your morals :D

no, you misunderstand me. I was reffering to this:

But more importantly, don't do it to the guy with the greatest rep power, especially when he has the means of finding out who did it

see any possible connections?

Assertn
Mon, 03-20-2006, 03:32 AM
Jadugar, I suppose I'd be calling you a hypocrite if I said that you gave me bad rep without any justification (or even as much as a word) as to why. Don't try to make yourself out to be some oppressed freedom-fighter if you're going to go and fire the first bullet.

So you are basically telling me te refrain from expressing my opinion against someone he has higher ranks in GW.

Wouldnt that contradict your morals

And also, you still didn't get what I was trying to tell you:
I'm telling you to refrain from NOT expressing your opinion if you're going to negatively critique a post.

masamuneehs
Mon, 03-20-2006, 05:59 AM
Drama mama bomba!

I like the idea of Mods being unable to see who repped them, at least makes it even-steven with everything else.

This thread should not be used for 'aw drat someone Neg Repped me back under 2 boxes' or any other complaining/speculating about who Neg Repped you. Like comp said, you have a problem with comments/reps, you PM him. I will personally Neg Rep any future whiners who continue this as your bitching is neither a good post or an kind of asset to the convo. That should hush up some of the drama...

Also, I was pretty sure you could only give out one Smack of rep towards a certain post. So even if there was one user who only had one post ever and you wanted to praise them for it again you couldn't. I know this was true in the past, not sure about now...

Kraco
Mon, 03-20-2006, 06:21 AM
Now that mods (and admins?) can't anymore automatically see where the rep came from, we should start a campaign to get Terracosmo's rep back to normal levels...

Edit: Damn, it already is.

Terracosmo
Mon, 03-20-2006, 09:07 AM
I blame Assertn and Terra for this... Mod privileges should be kept quiet, you shouldn't be going around spouting crap about how great it is to be a mod because you can do this and that. It just breaks the system.

I might "spout" it but I haven't actually acted by it. For example even though I've been able to see who negative reped me, I've never "countered". It's not that big of a deal :P

Oh and I believe it was a good move by comp to make it so the comments aren't visible anymore.

And if it means so much to you guys, sure, I'll go back to regular reputation.

Now please cease the goddamn drama.

And for the love of cupcakes stop acting like wannabe knights, NOBODY has EVER said that KIT is a BAD POSTER. Nor has anyone said that she doesn't deserve her reputation BECAUSE SHE DOES. SO DI=)AI=¤")=¤")=¤")=¤)"¤"¤"¤

Gingerbread

Knives122
Mon, 03-20-2006, 10:09 AM
Now please cease the goddamn drama.

But "Days of our reps" is just starting to get good. Joey told Starla that Roxine said that Sara just gave Tina a bad rep to Shrek.

and now George is about to confront Tom about the pos. rep he gave to Quinxy.

Terracosmo
Mon, 03-20-2006, 10:41 AM
lol "Days of our reps". Not bad. :D

RyougaZell
Mon, 03-20-2006, 10:53 AM
Someone bad rep me for not liking Naruto fillers :D

Seems I found someone who likes em :D :rolleyes:

dragonrage
Mon, 03-20-2006, 07:24 PM
LMAO.... this rep thing is a good concept but i think its not gonnna work out, because people expect good things from everyone but when something bad happens it immediately stands out... thats one reason why i think it won't work and also people are naturally bias.... no one means too but everyone instinctively develop an impression of someone when he or she meets... also its kinda hard to go againsts that.... i don't really see this as being a fair system, then again nothing is....

"Day Of Our Reps." when i saw that i had to post something.... it made my day... are gotwoot member just a bunch of retards that has an ultimate goal of everyone sleeping with eachother :rolleyes: ... lmao... Thanks for the LAUGH KNIVES 122...:D :D

Edit: lmao.... hahaha i got a negative rep for this very post... cause the person did like my comment about eveyone sleeping with each other lmao.... dude or dudette.. more power to ya... i'll be expecting another one soon.. lmao...since you want to "rep fuck" me.... lol

and today on "days of our reps." dragonrage gets rep. fucked for posting his opinion.... stay tuned the story continues.... LMAO

Assertn
Mon, 03-20-2006, 11:12 PM
Heh......you said "sleeping with each other"

dragonrage
Tue, 03-21-2006, 12:33 AM
Heh......you said "sleeping with each other"

ok what i ment by "sleeping with eachother "... it was reffering to the "days of our Rep." which is reffering to a soap opera name "days of our lives", and from my fair share and from what i have heard.... i came to the conclusion that all soap operas' ultimate goal is for everyone to ultimately sleep with each other if you hear some of these story line i think you would understand. its all my old aunty's talk about... and well pretty much everyone sleeps with eachother at some point in time...

anyways i am sorry if i offended anyone i just found it pretty funny and ironic that KNIVES pointed it out and the way in which he did so all the... comment left by the person that neg rep. me was pretty funny as well since it was "Harharhar! We all just want to sleep with each other eh? Well how do you like getting Rep fucked baby?" ....

anyways now a couple of people have started pos. rep. me in ironic retaliation. and i guess what i said and the way i said it was not what i ment.....

i should have stuck with my original plan and stayed outa this discussion... since i am fairly new to posting, and not to the site so i guess no one has idea of what my personality is like so.... but its was really funny to me when i read knives post.. oh well...

sorry if i offended anyone which i obviously have.... but i stand by my opinion... the melo drama that is going on in this thread is similar to that of a soap opera... i just used the wrong comparison.... to illustrate it...

KitKat
Tue, 03-21-2006, 12:47 AM
Dragonrage, just a suggestion: A little more attention to spelling and punctuation would make your posts 200% easier to read. ;)

dragonrage
Tue, 03-21-2006, 12:50 AM
Dragonrage, just a suggestion: A little more attention to spelling and punctuation would make your posts 200% easier to read. ;)

yeah i know my grammer sucks that is why i didn't post before this year....i go back and edit and i still mess it up. sorry english is my worste subject....:( :( .. what i think and what i write are different almost all the time... it just comes out wrong.
masamuneehs told me that if i started posting that i would actually imporve my grammar but i guess it is not working..

bagandscalpel
Tue, 03-21-2006, 03:16 AM
Someone bad rep me for not liking Naruto fillers :D

Seems I found someone who likes em :D :rolleyes:

Amazing...! Truly, though I can wholeheartedly say that I have not seen everything there is to see in this vast world of ours, but... to think someone exists that actually defends the "dignity" of Naruto fillers! I digress, absolutely amazing.

Knives122
Tue, 03-21-2006, 10:27 AM

Another suggestion: stop writing so god damn much :p

Edit: about time I became a Jinchuuriki -_-

Edit v.2: somone just did the dreaded "neg rep me without a comment about something I said on the first page of this thread" to me.

ohhhhh scary stuff.

Jadugar
Wed, 03-22-2006, 02:01 PM
QUESTION :

so are thre any prizes for people with really low rep? i think i'll be needing it.

His current situation :

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/9450/mage20gw.jpg

ANSWER :

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/3803/krb26dz.jpg

If you are aiming high then

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/2103/y22ii.jpg

Kraco
Wed, 03-22-2006, 02:12 PM
Ho... So, the reward for a really low rep is a custom title: "Banned".

Something to aim for...

Jadugar
Wed, 03-22-2006, 02:15 PM
lol

No

Its Y's account. You know he .....

Knives122
Wed, 03-22-2006, 04:09 PM
Jadugar did you really need to blot out the name of the person with three neg. bars?

anyone who was paying attention of the person when he was on knows who that is ;)

Edit: but still you "really" have to work hard to get the rep that Y has now(even though he's gone)

XanBcoo
Wed, 03-22-2006, 04:22 PM
Was Y legitimately repped that badly or was it because of an admin edit? I can't imagine that many people searching out Y's old posts just to neg. rep him. Or perhaps a ban automatically results in a maxed out negative reputation?

Assertn
Wed, 03-22-2006, 05:28 PM
Oh my, jadugar is such a tease...too bad he didn't know that you can easily see the forum-wide rep status here
http://forums.gotwoot.net/memberlist.php?&order=asc&sort=reputation&pp=30&page=1

ChaosK
Wed, 03-22-2006, 09:28 PM
wow....thats handy!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y281/Chaoskiddo/gotwoot/wtf.jpg

umm i noticed my name is missing?

http://forums.gotwoot.net/memberlist.php?do=getall&page=4&pp=30&order=asc&sort=reputation&ltr=C

Knives122
Wed, 03-22-2006, 09:39 PM
there are 258 pages of that man, the 2nd square people don't even start till like 255

Munsu
Wed, 03-22-2006, 09:55 PM
If you would sort it by alphabetical order you might find yourself.

Kraco
Thu, 03-23-2006, 03:59 PM
Is there a way to check all the rep you have dealt out? I didn't immediately spot such an option under the control panel. Maybe I'm just so demented, and nobody else has the problem, but I have encountered a couple of times the message to spread the rep a bit wider before giving it to the same person again And I didn't remember I had already given rep points to the person in question... And it's not like I've been dealing points out in large quantities anyway and so that would be the reason.

Jadugar
Thu, 03-23-2006, 06:05 PM
@Knives122 : I was trying to be subtle.

@ Xan : I believe it was an admin edit?

@ Assertn : I guess I am learning the hard way how the forum works.

@ Kraco:

I don’t think there is a way you can check all the rep point that you have dished out. I suggest you keep a bingo book.

You certainly need to spread some reputation before repping the same person again. I don’t know what the magic number/count is? But I believe what goes around comes around and if that person deserves reps he will be repped by someone else. This is one of the good points of the system because people might start repping the same person again and again.

P.S I was spell checking this post in MS Word and it wanted me to keep changing the word “Rep” to “Rape”.

RyougaZell
Thu, 03-23-2006, 06:16 PM
LOL
Rep Rape....

I somehow got 2 green bars in my nick. Nice. Even with that guy that neg rep me for disliking fillers heheh.

complich8
Thu, 03-23-2006, 06:25 PM
Y's reputation is somewhere in the neighborhood of negative infinity because before we re-banned him, he came through trying to destroy any positive contributions he made here. It was a fair bit of work fixing, and I got stuck doing it, which didn't make me happy at all.

I don't think there is a way for you guys to look up your own rep dealings. I can, pretty easily, but it's from the admin control panel.

You're right about the spread factor. I recently turned it up a little bit... but it's still not very high.

There's a firefox extension that does spellchecking, or so I'm told. Something called spellbound (http://spellbound.sourceforge.net). I haven't tried it, but it might be more convenient than firing up word to spellcheck your posts ;).

Kraco
Thu, 03-23-2006, 06:42 PM
Aye, I wasn't actually meaning I wanted to give rep to the same person repeatedly, consciously, as I was aware of the restriction. It's just that I had no recollection whether I had done it before or not. Maybe the bingo book would be necessary for me :p Although I will never take this thing seriously enough to warrant that. I think I'll just opt to receive that note from time to time, instead...

Edit: And it's not my fault if the same posters repeatedly deserved positive feedback from me...

Jadugar
Thu, 03-23-2006, 06:51 PM
And it's not my fault if the same posters repeatedly deserved positive feedback from me...

I see your point.

Lets hope Compy hasnt turnned it up quite a bit.

ChaosK
Thu, 03-23-2006, 06:58 PM
well i thought it was 15 before...but if he turned it up it might be 20 now or something...

masamuneehs
Fri, 03-24-2006, 05:20 AM
lol at Ys rep. piece of shit.

as for repping. feel free to give it to whoever however often you want. just as long as you convey your rationale for doing so (and not just doing no coomment reps) nobody will ahve a problem with it.

edit to below: quite obviously i meant do as you wish within the confines of the system.

Kraco
Fri, 03-24-2006, 05:28 AM
as for repping. feel free to give it to whoever however often you want. just as long as you convey your rationale for doing so (and not just doing no coomment reps) nobody will ahve a problem with it.

Eh? How can I feel free to do it, when the forum engine doesn't allow it? ;)

If I ever gave no comment rep, it would be by unfortunate mistake. Dealing out rep without comments is much worse than not dealing it out at all.

Jadugar
Fri, 03-24-2006, 04:42 PM
lol at Ys rep. piece of shit.

And the trend is growing.

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/733/kai0ph.jpg

Munsu
Fri, 03-24-2006, 04:48 PM
You know, blacking out the avatar and name doesn't help when we know that only one mod here is from Australia.

woofcat
Fri, 03-24-2006, 04:58 PM
There are two mods from aussie land.

Munsu
Fri, 03-24-2006, 05:07 PM
Didn't realize Raven was from Australia... I bet he's lying, I always thought he was from Switzerland or some shit.

Assassin
Fri, 03-24-2006, 05:33 PM
regardless, with the join dates and post counts visible, it's not that hard. not to mention, we can just see which of them has that rep anyway.

Raven
Fri, 03-24-2006, 06:16 PM
Didn't realize Raven was from Australia... I bet he's lying, I always thought he was from Switzerland or some shit.
I've never been so insulted in all my life! :mad:

Assassin
Fri, 03-24-2006, 08:32 PM
its all because you destroyed our image of you as iceman

Jadugar
Mon, 03-27-2006, 06:39 PM
Was it absolutely necessary to give me a neg rep for this post?

http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/6566/post1008bw.jpg

Dont fuck with the mods.

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/1707/negrep4ou.jpg

masamuneehs
Mon, 03-27-2006, 07:02 PM
Whining about getting neg repped is pretty silly and I'm going to ask politely for it to stop before we get a torrent of crying posts about it. I will gladly neg rep people who decide to whine in the future, as I can't imagine that's a good post.

in sum: no jad, your initial post (IMO) didn't deserve a Neg Rep. But the one right above this one does.

Jadugar
Mon, 03-27-2006, 07:13 PM
@ masamuneehs :

You would wine too if I give you a negative rep about three times. (happened to me, from the same guy...... yes I know)

Whats odd is that all of my neg reps that I have recieved are done by all the mods. I find that funny and bizzare.

"your initial post (IMO) didn't deserve a Neg Rep. But the one right above mine does."

Join a long que.

EDIT @ below : I am not talking about you BUD. Calm down.

Munsu
Mon, 03-27-2006, 07:15 PM
I'm sorry, but I was the one who gave you that neg rep and I don't remember giving you three negative reps in a row, in fact I have given you some positive ones.. So, drop the shit already.

complich8
Tue, 03-28-2006, 06:20 AM
*sigh*

The sort of drama I wanted to avoid. But some people insist on it...

Jadugar: You've been repped 45 times since I turned the reputation system on. 12 of them were negative -- less than a third. There's only one person who's neg repped you three times, and he's also given you two positives, and that's Bud. You've whined entirely too much about this, so consider this your warning. And everyone else's too.

If I hear any more public whining about reputation, I'm going to disable reputation for you. No more positives, no more negatives, nothing but the gentle oblivion of exclusion. No questions asked.

I've already got the usergroup set up for it.

I've said before that this isn't the place to complain about these things. Even more, it's not the place to speculate about the conspiracies against you. If you really think someone is abusing the reputation system to your detriment, I am the only place you should go. Not here, not shitposting in some other thread, not bitching at the mods. I'm generally a reasonable person, and I'll look into pretty much anything.

Got it?

Kraco
Tue, 03-28-2006, 07:10 AM
Something is seriously amiss here. The pop-up text doesn't seem to change that much at all. 3-4 squares produce the same text, 5-6 produce the same text. At least. I didn't go further to check 7->, and how they change or don't change.

Complacence with this kind of lack of imagination is very bad (The complich8 should know this). It wouldn't have been hard to come up with unique text for each square. For example 3. the room, 4. the whole floor, 5. the whole house, 6. the whole block.

Those were just quick examples I invented in 30 secs.

Edit: This post is a joke. It's not a very good joke, I admit, but joke nevertheless. I made it quickly to break the ongoing trend of neg rep whining. This is a stupid edit, but I don't want more neg rep because of this post. But if somebody still wants desperately neg rep anybody at all, be my guest...

gr3atfull
Tue, 03-28-2006, 07:34 AM
I was wondering if after a certain amount of time it would be possible to see who give us the reputaion, like every 6 months?

Assassin
Tue, 03-28-2006, 11:00 AM
If that was allowed, we'd just have alot of drama every 6 months. You've see the drama when people are just speculating about this. If they actually find out who's neg repping them, it'll be an all out war.

Edit: btw gr3atfull, is your ava from hunter x hunter?

Knives122
Tue, 03-28-2006, 11:19 AM
and we all know how that turned out in "Days of our reps"

It was horrible :eek: .....blood everywhere.

complich8
Tue, 03-28-2006, 01:43 PM
Something is seriously amiss here. The pop-up text doesn't seem to change that much at all. 3-4 squares produce the same text, 5-6 produce the same text. At least. I didn't go further to check 7->, and how they change or don't change.

Complacence with this kind of lack of imagination is very bad (The complich8 should know this). It wouldn't have been hard to come up with unique text for each square. For example 3. the room, 4. the whole floor, 5. the whole house, 6. the whole block.

Those were just quick examples I invented in 30 secs.

Yeah, I actually created ... umm, 13 positive and 7 negative levels -- so fuck you too, jerkass :p. Of course, at the time I didn't know what the display thresholds to add another box were... thanks for reminding me that I meant to tune those.

And I really wish people would quit being morons, trying to make a point by misinterpreting my sig in completely inapplicable ways.

Kraco
Tue, 03-28-2006, 02:07 PM
And I really wish people would quit being morons, trying to make a point by misinterpreting my sig in completely inapplicable ways.

Sorry about that. But for my own defence I have to say that's not altogether fair. You run a concious risk by having a sig like that. You can always wish people would "quit being morons", but it's a thing you must accept, nonetheless (accept the risk and people never quiting being morons).

And I was using it to try to make a joke, rather than a point, anyway...

gr3atfull
Tue, 03-28-2006, 04:22 PM
@ Assasin:

Oh okay, never thought that it would go so bad. And no, its not from hunter x hunter. Its actually Dearka E. .

Here is the big picture if you want to see it.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d134/persian_pride75/gs/animedia.jpg

Munsu
Wed, 03-29-2006, 03:03 PM
What does a blue box rep hit mean? Green is positive, red is negative, but I just got a blue one...

dragonrage
Wed, 03-29-2006, 04:11 PM
that person has a non existant post count....and probably is new.

RyougaZell
Wed, 03-29-2006, 05:10 PM
that person has a non existant post count....and probably is new.

I recieved one before.
I thought it was neutral or something.
Kinda forgot you only can give positive or negative now that you mentioned it...

complich8
Wed, 03-29-2006, 05:42 PM
I see a zero-power hit. User with very low post count and negative reputation ... he's actually got negative rep power! But yeah, if it's not green or red, it's probably zero.

Assassin
Thu, 03-30-2006, 01:34 PM
no ofcourse not. you must have done somethign to get a -rep hit, so you can't just up and leave.

complich8
Fri, 03-31-2006, 02:17 AM
For those of you who like random statistics on these things ...

As of right now, we're at 1134 reputations given. I was going to do this at 1000, but ... it's been a busy week.

User Statistics:
Number of legitimately repped users: 180
Number of people who've given reputation: 80

Number of users with net positive reputation: 124
Number with net negative reputation: 56
Overall mean participant rep: 87.7
Overall median participant reputation: 45
Overall standard deviation: 135.6
Minimum reputation: -92
Maximum reputation: 591
Maximum reputation not held by a mod/admin: 494

Mean positive participant rep: 132.7
Median positive participant rep: 70
Positive group standard deviation: 136.9

Mean negative participant rep: -22
Median negative rep: -18
Standard deviation: 19.5

Rate of reputations: 57 reputations per day given

Average reputations given out per repper: 14
Minimum: 1
Maximum: 195
Median: 5
Standard deviation: 27.5
Number of reppers who've 10 or more reps: 29

*added: Points given stats*
Total positive points given: 19,569
Total negative points given: -4410
Net total points given: 15,159

Max positive points given by a single user: 3854
Fewest nonzero positive points given by a user: 3
Number of people who've given positive rep: 69

Max negative points given by a single user: -1300
Min nonzero negative points given by a single user: -1
Number of people who've given at least one negative rep: 43

Average positive reputation given per positive-repping user: 283.6
Average negative rep given per negative-repping user: -102
Overall average rep given per repping user: 187
Median overall rep points given: 43
Standard deviation of rep awarded: 437.6 (!)

Interestingly, the user who's given the most reputations (195 of them) has had 400 points less net impact than the number two repper, who's only given out 111 reps. Active reppers 3-5 are under 100 reps handed out apiece, and below number 5 it's less than 50 apiece.

How long until someone breaks the threshold to get a custom title: ~15 weeks at the current rate (custom title user promotion is at +2500 reputation)

*added: a note on methodology
To begin with, I discarded any artificially inflated/buried reputations from the user stats. This means Wilik, Ciber, Y, Kai, my test user, and one or two others have been trimmed from the numbers. However, reps given to those users are still counted (because it'd be annoying to trim them out).
Next I trimmed out all the users who have had no movement from the default rep level. This has the potential to exclude people who've had positive and negative reps that cancel each other out. I don't think there's anyone in that group, but I don't really feel like checking to be sure either ;).

All stats are based only on people who have legitimately gotten reputation, or who have legitimately given it, respectively.

I also haven't run the numbers to see if there's people who've given rep but not gotten it, so the total number of people who've actually used the system on one end or the other could be higher than the number that've gotten reps (for instance, if lurkers are giving rep but not posting and thus not getting it).

Kraco
Fri, 03-31-2006, 02:51 AM
Hmm... So, the "Overall mean participant rep: 87.7" is the average of those who have hits at all... With thousands of (dead) users, that can't of course be the average of the total population. I was at first thinking the standard deviation seemed strange, but naturally that's also explained by this same fact.

Well, aside from the deviation, I suppose the really interesting and relevant part of that has to be the huge number of people who have received rep but haven't ever bothered to "return the favor" (in quotes because obviously most of the time they wouldn't know the benefactor, and hence it would be a communal returning of the favor).

Does the last block of statistics refer to the number persons have given reputation, or to the points they have given? Obviously if it's points, the number of reputations given would be much lower. If it's the times, I can't but wonder who is the devil who has pressed the rep button 195 times...

complich8
Fri, 03-31-2006, 04:24 AM
Yeah, I was going to run those numbers too, but forgot too. I've gone ahead and added them, and clarified the methodology I used a bit.

There's a whole lot of other things I could mine out of this database (like, correlations between post counts and rep given/gotten, ranking comparisons) ... but I'll save that project for another time too.

Kraco
Fri, 03-31-2006, 05:58 AM
Standard deviation of rep awarded: 437.6 (!)

This is quite a number indeed! Hmm... It sounds almost unbelievable. There are of course lots and lots of people with little or slight minus rep at the other end, but according to this there should be lots and lots of people with also very high rep... Well, I suppose numbers can't lie.

Interesting statistics and calculations, complich. I would give you positive rep for this, but I can't since the engine tells me to spread some rep before giving it to you again...

KitKat
Fri, 03-31-2006, 07:28 AM
Those are pretty awesome statistics! Excellent work, complich8.

I just had a quick question about how you calculated rate, when estimating the length of time until someone gets a custom title. Did you do a linear extrapolation given the total rep given so far and the length of time the system is in effect? I don't know if the data from the first week is valid, because it seemed as though people were repping like crazy during that time, but now the rates have evened out to more realistic levels....well, except for those reppers you mention who have given out tons and tons of reps. I don't suppose you know how the total rate of repping is changing with time? *KitKat suddenly has a flashback to derivatives in highschool....from a happier time when derivatives were simple and fun*

RyougaZell
Fri, 03-31-2006, 09:25 AM
Wow.
Taking those stadistics must have taken you a long time.

Max positive points given by a single user: 3854
Max negative points given by a single user: -1300

Those 2 users (if its not the same one, heh) have been busy. Wow o_O

Great report complich8

Kraco
Fri, 03-31-2006, 07:07 PM
It would be useless to say this is not whining about reputation (and maybe complich8 will now disable my rep), but I find it peculiar how some people read a totally obvious and blatant joke post, and then proceed to rep it as if it wasn't a joke at all but a serious post with a real opinion.

Seriously, everybody is free to rep however they want, but the whole idea of this system is to encourage good posts and discourage clearly shitty posts.

Good posts are those with rare links, rare pictures, rare information, brilliant ideas, or good jokes (because we are all here to have fun, aren't we? This is not the forum of the Internal Revenue Service (http://www.irs.gov/), but an anime forum).

Bad posts are not posts opposing your opinion, but posts that have no or incomprehensible content, posts that are clearly posted at the wrong place, posts that ask questions that have been answered a million times already, flaming, and other offensive things.

Listen to me, citizens: If you keep dealing negative reputation to jokes, even lousy jokes, there won't soon be any jokes. Is that a good thing, then? If you keep dealing neg rep to ideas different from your idealism, there won't soon be anything surprising here, and the whole place turns gray.

Assassin
Fri, 03-31-2006, 08:16 PM
which post was this neg rep given for?

Also you're completely right about that. -rep shouldn't be given cuz you dont agree with someone else, but if someone breaks the rules or something.

However, if you guys feel you've been repped unfairly (and repeatedly as well, not just a single bad rep) then contact complich8. Thats why he's here.

Paulyboy
Sat, 04-01-2006, 01:28 AM
Im kinda ticked though because seeing that I got -16 from one post which is this one
http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?p=285448#post285448 (8th one down)

I dont see how I got -16 just for that one post...... I ignored it but now I just can't ignore it anymore.

Assassin
Sat, 04-01-2006, 01:46 AM
maybe cuz the person that repped you has a rep power of of 32. which would mean its probably one of the big spammers like assertn, terra, bud, psj etc.

Kraco
Sat, 04-01-2006, 03:07 AM
which post was this neg rep given for?

This post (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?p=288729#post288729). (And one other joke, but the other joke was so vague and maybe controversial that it's no wonder and thus nothing to complain about.)

But the comment left in the neg rep for the linked post indicates the person treated that Mahoro picture as if it was my real opinion, and I thought the Hottest Babes Thread is bad. Now, I refuse to believe there exists an anime loving person with so little sense of humour that he wouldn't have understood that post is a joke. And a good joke, even if I say so myself, because of the quoted Terra's post.

I have tried to post jokes here whenever possible, and fortunately I have got more positive than negative feedback, which tells me jokes aren't generally hated here. Well, everybody here needs to be able to stomach a few stupid neg reps. I just wrote all this so that jokes wouldn't be killed by punishing those who go through the trouble of inventing them.

complich8
Sat, 04-01-2006, 06:26 AM
Just for another perspective on why complaining about rep here (or anywhere else) won’t get you very far …

I didn’t set a whole lot of guidelines on the reputation system. This was a deliberate choice, not purely an act of laziness. A lot of people are talking like it’s something bigger and more important than it is, but it’s not. I think maybe I didn’t explain it quite as unambiguously enough before, so I’ll try to fill in the underlying thought process here.

First of all, here’s the description I gave it, back on page 1, post 1 of this thread:

Basically, the reputation system is a community-driven user rating system. So if you think a user is a really awesome poster, you would give them a positive reputation hit, or if you think they're the worst thing to happen to the forums, you'd give them a negative rep hit.

And the guidelines I set out:

Try to give out more positive reputation hits than negative ones.
No soliciting rep hits.
Don't take it too seriously.
Leave comments with your rep hits.

You might notice that these are remarkably scant. You might also notice that I used the term “you think”. I didn’t really specify the mechanics of the system … what you could or couldn’t rep, any detailed guidelines about that. Let me re-emphasize: if you think a user is [an] awesome poster, you would give them a positive reputation hit, or if you think they're [bad], you'd give them a negative rep hit. You may notice, I leave the door open to pretty much whatever mechanics you want to apply to it. You can give people negative rep because you don't like them, or because you don't agree with them, or because you think they're just bad posters who're hurting the community, or because they posted a three-page long philosophical explanation of the rep system that was too long for you to bother reading, or because you had a bad day and think that taking it out by handing out two dozen negative reps to the last 4 posters per thread in the last 6 threads that have been posted in is going to somehow feng-shui the negative energies into a spiral that diverts them away from your living-space. Whatever. The door's open, feel free. Similarly, you can positive-rep people because they made a particularly insightful or interesting post, or because they made you laugh, or because they posted three pages worth of philosophical explanation about the rep system that made you think, or because you spent 10 minutes watching squirrels in the park and are in a particularly good mood and handing out joy to whoever comes your way. And it doesn't matter.

There’s a rule enforcement system in place, and that system is the moderators. We don’t need a community feedback system for that (though we do appreciate good uses of the “report bad post” button), and the rules themselves are NOT a court of popular opinion. Quite the opposite, they’re the very definition of autocracy: the rules come from above, and they’re pretty much unchangeable by “the masses” (though we're open to suggestions). If you find the rules onerous, and you can't abide by them, your only recourse is to leave (and ... well ... the mods will help you there, if you really can't abide by them).

Reputation is NOT a rule enforcement system. It has no real consequences. No matter how negative someone’s reputation gets, they won’t lose the ability to be a community member – albeit perhaps a widely reviled one. Nobody’s getting banned for having a bad rep – though people with particularly bad rep (worse than anyone’s legitimately accumulated so far) will drop below the threshold where they’re allowed to participate in the reputation system (essentially a disenfranchisement of people convicted of the crime of bad taste).

So what is the rep system? Like I said, it’s a community driven rating system. Nothing more, nothing less.

I think this can be a useful tool, in that it can be used to give feedback to people who maybe aren’t the best posters, but aren’t breaking any rules by making bad posts. Or to give good posters some encouragement to keep posting good material. It gives the near-silent lurkers a way to express their voice when they don’t have anything to say that they think would be worthy of making a post over. It gives everyone a way to visually judge what the average sentiment toward a given user looks like.

So why don’t I care that people are using it to express disagreement, or other stupid reasons? Well, mainly the realization that I’m asking you to make a value judgement. That’s inherent in what we’re doing here … basically, I’m asking you to express your voice on whether you think any given post is good or bad, and preferably with a reason why. I leave this subjective determination entirely up to you, rather than claiming it for myself. What you think may be a great, thoughtful idea, other people may think is stupid and trivial and pointless. And that's fine... and if people are participating actively, whatever the most popular opinion is will probably win.

When you start quibbling over whether you deserve a given rep hit, you’re asking me to take away the voice of whoever you disagree with. This is inherently an unfair request. You’re asking me to take away someone else’s voice, because you value your own higher. And you know, I can understand valuing your own opinion more than other people’s… heck, I’m the same way. I like me much more than I like you! But that doesn’t mean my voice is inherently more valid than yours (in fact, because of my position relative to the community at large, I’ve pinned my own power level at a value that is slightly less than half of what I’d have if I were just a regular forumgoer – largely as an expression that I shouldn’t be the loudest voice, or even a particularly loud one).

By invalidating feedback that people have given – I'd be turning it from community-driven to system predicated on my own approval. If I do that, it’s no longer your system, no longer your community, and no longer a system for you guys to use – it would become another “user notes” … something for me and maybe the mods to look at, and for you guys not to even realize exists.

And you know, there’s nothing stopping me from doing that, beyond my own sense of accountability to the system and the community – even in this, democracy is merely a courtesy of the dictators. But if I did that, it would defeat the purpose of the system as a whole, and I may as well just go and set people’s reputations to whatever I feel like they should be, and tune the rep powers so that nobody’s hits count, and leave it at that. Since either way it’d only be my opinion that matters, ultimately.

I’d rather not make it into that. I’d rather it not be “complich8 likes the following people” … because while I admittedly have a reasonably high opinion of myself, I don’t think anyone else would really care very much about it – and I really don’t need to turn the forums into an altar for my own ego, you know?

So why did I put forth any guidelines at all? Well, my whole purpose for this experiment is to give you guys, the regular community members, some tool to make you feel like you have a voice, like you’re part of an actual community, rather than just some random websurfer. I want people to get more enjoyment than displeasure out of it (hence, encouraging people to try to give more positive than negative rep). I want to keep the system from detracting from the rest of forum life (hence, “no soliciting rep hits”) – because the last thing the community needs is to become some little closed group of people who’re spamming around trying to get rep and doing nothing else. There is some legitimately good discussion that goes on here, and a legitimately active community, and I think allowing open rep-whoring would degrade that – which isn’t to say that you can’t consciously do things you think will get you good rep, just that you can’t sit there and beg for it. I also want you guys to take into account that this is not a big deal. There seriously are NO negative consequences for having any particular rep score, and only a very tiny incentive to work your way up to an almost unattainably positive one! This is an arbitrary little game, powered by the community, and there are going to be people who just try to shit on everything (cue “dicks, pussies and assholes” speech from Team America: World Police). It’s inevitable, in any reasonably large and reasonably open community, that we’re going to get some people who will do whatever they can to sabotage things, make people miserable, etc. And by complaining about it, by taking offense, you give those people validation, encouragement to keep shitting on things, because it hurts you somehow.

Now, what I've said, and what I’ll continue do to get people to quit bitching a bit, is look into it when people think they’ve been repped unfairly. And every request I’ve gotten about it, I’ve looked into. There's really not a lot of it. And you know, if you honestly feel something’s unfair, then that’s fine, I welcome your message, and I'll look into it -- at very least to be able to explain what's going on (ie: why it's in your head, or that there's actually six people conspiring against you, not the three you thought). But I’m not going to mute people and neuter the system because of anyone’s hurt feelings – not even my own.

Another way to answer this would be to say that discussion is useless if we're all on the same side. Reputation is a form of discussion. Dissenting opinions will express themselves, and if we supress that (by saying "you can't neg rep me for that") we'll end up with the long gray Kraco describes much faster than if we encourage that vigor in all its forms.

Kraco
Sat, 04-01-2006, 07:04 AM
Well, I'm not sure if I believe you really think like that or not. You are an active admin here, which means you care for the wellbeing of this forum. And unless you are a technocrat, who just saw an option and turned it on for the sake of turning it on because it's possible, I think you thought it does have the potential to do something good here.

It's a free, anonymous system just like you said, and just like I said, but it does affect. If it didn't affect, nobody would use it. Just have a look at your own statistics; people are using it like crazy. So they care A LOT.

Edit: Bah, I shouldn't have started anew this whole debate... I blame the time: It was 3AM when I made the initial post... There's no way, no matter how you write, that it wouldn't look like pure whining... And that means it was nothing but that. I lost.

xDarkMaster
Sat, 04-01-2006, 09:41 AM
While agree it was sort of whining Kraco, I totally agree with you. There is a flaw in the system. I myself have been given quite a few bad reps because people disagreed with me or couldn't understand my sarcasm.

masamuneehs
Sat, 04-01-2006, 10:10 AM
that isn't a flaw in the system.

It's a 'flaw' on the part of those who use the system. If your joke/sarcasm didn't get interpreted properly, then that's also possibly a flaw on your side, or by whoever didn't get the joke.

It's just a matter of opinions vs. opinions. You'll always get Neg Rep you don't agree with, and there are other users probably getting Up/Neg Rep that you also wouldn't agree with if you knew what it was for. That's life, it's a bitch, too fucking bad, suck it up.

You disagree with someone? Then maybe you think they're post is a bad contribution, hence earning a Neg Rep. You agree with someone? Then you maybe think it's a good thing they said it and give them a Up Rep. That's just the way people work.

@comp- Nice defense up there. Shit that was one long read...

Kraco
Sat, 04-01-2006, 11:17 AM
Yeah. You are absolutely right, Masa. It's like they say: No good deed ever goes unpunished.

It's the price to pay. It was just negligence on my part to not remember that.

ChaosK
Sat, 04-01-2006, 02:40 PM
maybe cuz the person that repped you has a rep power of of 32. which would mean its probably one of the big spammers like assertn, terra, bud, psj etc.

just a note, i'm pretty sure terra's rep power is capped at 20 both ways (suits him) and the "big spammers" you noted have way more power than that. I believe in complich's example somewhere in the first few pages assertn already had a rep power of 50.

Carnage
Sat, 04-01-2006, 03:33 PM
This rep system sucks. People give me bad reps for no reason. One guy gave me a bad rep because of one of my posts in the Hot babes thread. He said "thats my sister your talking about" very sarcasticly.:mad: :mad: :mad:

*leaves to eat his candy*

complich8
Sat, 04-01-2006, 03:37 PM
yeah, highest powers are over 60 right now. I'd be at 56 if I weren't an admin... and poor terra would be around 77.

Just being here since july 2003, you'd have 33 power from date factor alone -- you get about 12 power points per year of membership.

To say a bit more on the topic, I'm looking for ways to keep the forums alive, to community-build. I see reputation as one of those ways. The group we're tied to, animeone, is having problems. They're in a slow death-spiral ... with staff members leaving, releases stalling and fans leaving -- which makes it harder to recruit more staff. In any social group, that rise-and-fall happens. It hurts me to watch it, because I love that group and put a lot of time into it, but it's beyond my power (or, at least beyond my free time) to reverse.

I'd like the gotwoot community to really establish a firm identity, and be an interesting place to be even if we don't have the attractive power of animeone behind us. So I want to encourage vigorous discussion. I want to attract and keep interesting posters. I want to draw more regular people, and draw more people into discussions. Want to keep people active and engaged, and keep people coming back.

Everything I do as wearing the "forum admin" hat is pretty much to that end.

Assassin
Sun, 04-02-2006, 02:32 AM
yeah, highest powers are over 60 right now. I'd be at 56 if I weren't an admin... and poor terra would be around 77.

Just being here since july 2003, you'd have 33 power from date factor alone -- you get about 12 power points per year of membership.

Really, that high? i though you had changed it around a bit. So then whats my rep power rite now?

Also, while you're at it, can you post the current power claculation method?

complich8
Sun, 04-02-2006, 06:12 AM
Please refer to post 59 in this thread for the current numbers :p.

It's important to note that your actual accumulated reputation plays a fairly significant part in the power calculation now. Terra's got a really long membership time (drawing close to 1000 days now), a very high post count, and a very high reputation, which all contribute to what he'd have. But since he's an admin, he's pinned at 25, just like me :p.

ChaosK
Sun, 04-02-2006, 03:39 PM
Really, that high? i though you had changed it around a bit. So then whats my rep power rite now?

Also, while you're at it, can you post the current power claculation method?

i was extremely bored so i made an estimated calculation of your rep power.

2619/400=6.5475 now i'm not sure if its rounded up or down...
complich saved me the trouble of doing this myself and said if you were here from july you have 33 reputation power from the time you've been here.
6.5475+33=39.5475
now then your reputation has 3 boxes which ranges from 200 to 299 i believe.
so you either gain another 8-13 reputation power from there.

so you have 47.5475 to 52.5475.

rounded up its 48-53. so your negative hit woudl be 24 to 26.5 rounded up 27....shit i hope i havent pissed you off.

Kraco
Sun, 04-02-2006, 03:52 PM
shit i hope i havent pissed you off.

Look at the bright side. Should that happen, you also could be a cool guy as you could say: "Don't sweat it. I have been neg repped by the professionals."

Yeah, just prepare to join the club... You will sooner or later because those badass dudes with huge reps really like to let people feel it.

RyougaZell
Sun, 04-02-2006, 05:55 PM
I keep finding funny the origin of the neg rep I've recieved.

One for not liking fillers.
Another one for preferring Tenten over the rest Chuunin-gals.

People have issues, heheheheh.

Chaoskiddo:
I got lost on the second equation o_O

ChaosK
Sun, 04-02-2006, 10:24 PM
Look at the bright side. Should that happen, you also could be a cool guy as you could say: "Don't sweat it. I have been neg repped by the professionals."

Yeah, just prepare to join the club... You will sooner or later because those badass dudes with huge reps really like to let people feel it.

just as a hopeful, i'm hoping he considers my post more constructive than destructive.

complich8
Mon, 04-03-2006, 01:00 AM
when calculating, it's a "floor' function at every step (meaning truncate all decimal places, no matter what they are -- 3.9999 becomes 3)
If you have a copy of excel (or openoffice), hit the attached .xls and plug in your numbers. No more confusion!

Kraco
Mon, 04-03-2006, 02:36 AM
An interesting sheet, complich8. It's kind of nice to see how much power you have. So many factors affect it that just gut feeling alone appeared to be a poor source of estimation in evaluating the final value. I actually have more rep power than I thought, although your previous post already made me boost my estimate a little. But still it surprised me. I haven't been here for that long, after all. (And no, it's still not an actually high number relatively speaking.)

samsonlonghair
Mon, 04-03-2006, 06:17 AM
I wasn't too sure if there was a point to this rating system in the begining, but now I'm starting to think that it's fun. I'm glad this was implemented. Thanks complich8.

djblingsingh
Tue, 04-04-2006, 09:04 PM
i like the rep system too, i just use ue to show people who do favors for me even if they dont know about it. when they make me happy i rep but i think that some people are taking advantage of this, and giving neg reps to certian people for for things that matter so little

watch, ill probably get neg rep cuz of this post aswell

poopdeville
Wed, 04-05-2006, 01:07 AM
As long as there aren't any real consequences about my membership in the board, I don't mind the system. And I think it could be fun. But I'm a bit annoyed at the number of people who mod me down and, instead of mentioning why the modded me down in their comment, reply to my post in their comment.

Honestly, these are forums. If you have something to say about someone's opinion, say it where other people can hear! If what I said was so wrong, say so where others can read it! Otherwise you aren't helping anyone, by correcting me or providing counterpoint, and just annoying me.

sangai
Fri, 04-07-2006, 01:19 AM
well after reading the first post, said something about gettin rep power points or something for being a member for every half a year lol...

joined 2003 lol...how does that work...just curious if it was automatic..really i love the layout look and feel...

Glad to be back.

complich8
Fri, 04-07-2006, 02:28 AM
yep, it's automatic. didn't you see the spreadsheet? :-p

sangai
Fri, 04-07-2006, 10:49 AM
unfortunatly not, read over the front page, page maybe confused myself a lil

Kraco
Sat, 04-08-2006, 05:28 AM
Edit: Where did the delete post option go? Well, anyway, now that I think of it, I'm sure the original content of this post had been asked many time already.

the delete post option went away, due to abuse. Please remember to think before you post ^_^

Mr Squiggles
Sat, 04-08-2006, 11:05 PM
Man, I put my stats in and I was like "Holy crap I have like 200+ rep power!" Then I realized that I put my birthday instead of join date :(

Aeon
Sun, 04-09-2006, 01:00 AM
Is there anyway to turn off getting repped? It's kinda stupid when somebody neg reps you for saying a show could do without panty shots :rolleyes:

Assassin
Sun, 04-09-2006, 02:12 AM
no, there isn't. quit asking and just move on.

Aeon
Sun, 04-09-2006, 02:29 AM
That was my first time asking :rolleyes:

complich8
Sun, 04-09-2006, 05:01 AM
Sometimes you've gotta say what you believe, even if it isn't popular :p

djblingsingh
Mon, 04-10-2006, 04:56 PM
on the first page it says

"leave comments with your posts" and rep 15 other ppl before repping someone again

are those mandatory or suggestions?-i see alot of blanks on my reps

IFHTT
Mon, 04-10-2006, 05:02 PM
Well you can't rep the same person until you rep at least 15 more people, so that one is mandatory. Leaving comments is the courteous thing to do, but some people don't do it.

naruto=pwnage
Sun, 04-16-2006, 07:41 PM
please don't shoot me for the worthless thread but I would like to know. my rating went from "sorta blows" to "needs a couple sharp blows with the cluehammer". is this bad or has my rating gone up? I repeat please don't shoot me, I'm curious

peace:)

Zinobi
Sun, 04-16-2006, 07:49 PM
you do need a couple sharp blows with the cluehammer...and dont blame this on your age...

Ero-Fan
Sun, 04-16-2006, 07:50 PM
You know that if you open your control panel, right there is a list of the rep hits you have recieved lately, as well as a point total. If there is no green (positive) rep hits, then it probably went down, otherwise it went up.

Edit: Yeah, blame it on your parents, like everyone else does.

xDarkMaster
Sun, 04-16-2006, 08:18 PM
Seriously naruto=pwnage, you keep saying "don't flame me" and "I was just curious" or "I'm only fourteen." But you wouldn't have to say that if you thought a bit and stopped posting pointless posts.

Honoko
Sun, 04-16-2006, 08:43 PM
please don't shoot me for the worthless thread

he knows, yet....

EDIT:
btw, since this thread got moved over here-- I am LOVING this new forum interface! I keep discovering these new quirkly little things that makes my reading the forums really convinient! Example-- that blue carrot button next to a newly-posted thread that'll take you exactly where you had last read <-- GENIUS!

(and the rep system is great. N=P, if I can make sense of it in less than an hour, you should be able to, too)

ChaosK
Wed, 04-19-2006, 07:03 PM
I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if theres a bug somewhere but the last three times i tried repping people (different people) i always got this:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /reputation.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Assassin
Wed, 04-19-2006, 07:47 PM
you sure you were logged in at the time? if so, then maybe its just a random bug. the forums were kinda slow yesterday and even went down for a few min, so im guessing your error is probably connected somehow.

ChaosK
Wed, 04-19-2006, 09:22 PM
yes i'm positive i was logged in, i'm always logged in as long as i'm on gotwoot.

RyougaZell
Thu, 04-27-2006, 03:10 PM
You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Now thats something I hadn't seen before heheh... (could be wrong, I don't remember having read this full thread)

Jadugar
Thu, 04-27-2006, 03:16 PM
22 posts in your happy birthday thread. It will take time to rep all of them. :D
You will have to wait for 24 hours.

RyougaZell
Thu, 04-27-2006, 03:45 PM
22 posts in your happy birthday thread. It will take time to rep all of them. :D
You will have to wait for 24 hours.

I did manage to rep everybody.
Then when I tried to rep two people today, I got that on my second try.:D

Everyday we learn something new (cheesy, hehehe)

xDarkMaster
Sun, 05-07-2006, 02:36 PM
Um, once someone has reached 2500 reps, how do you change your custom title?

Kraco
Sun, 05-07-2006, 02:39 PM
"Awesome user with default custom title"

Har har...

ChaosK
Sun, 05-07-2006, 02:58 PM
"Awesome user with default custom title"

Har har...

I'd probaby rather my regular title than that one. :D

Splash!
Sun, 05-07-2006, 04:16 PM
Then you had better start hoping that people give you negative reps instead of positive ones so that you can stay away from 2500 rep points. This is Hilarious!!! I praise the sarcasm of the Gotwoot Overlords. ROFLMAO!!!

Edit: I just reread the first page, you need 5000 to get a custom title, not 2500

Edit2: Nevermind. seems like the post on the first page was never updated

Kraco
Sun, 05-07-2006, 04:30 PM
Ho... 5000? What's this? When somebody reaches the current limit, they give him a custom title and multiply the limit by two? So, now it's 5000. If somebody actually manages to get that high, the third person will need 10000. Well, well, somebody hoped there wouldn't be too many custom titles around, and this certainly makes sure that remains true.

xDarkMaster
Sun, 05-07-2006, 04:32 PM
Well, this (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showpost.php?p=288652&postcount=170) post says otherwise. Also, if it was 5000 then what's up with my title?

el_boss
Sun, 05-07-2006, 05:03 PM
I just got a grey rep with no comment. What does that mean?

Splash!
Sun, 05-07-2006, 05:05 PM
It means the person who repped you did not have enough of a rep hit value to make any difference, probably someone who just signed up at the forums or someone with an overall negative rep

complich8
Sun, 05-07-2006, 05:16 PM
just to confirm, the promotion happens at 2500. Which is why xDM's title got overridden with that.

Now it's up to him to go into his user control panel and hit "edit profile" and come up with a clever and interesting custom title.

el_boss
Sun, 05-07-2006, 05:37 PM
It means the person who repped you did not have enough of a rep hit value to make any difference, probably someone who just signed up at the forums or someone with an overall negative rep
Good to know. I thought it was part of some grand marketing scheme to get people to write in the "Offical Countdown to the end of fillers!" thread.:)

xDarkMaster
Sun, 05-07-2006, 05:39 PM
I can't find it, am I looking at the right place? This (http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/3926/untitled28hj.png) is all I see under "edit profile."

Edit: NVM, Comp fixed it. Thanks!

complich8
Sun, 05-07-2006, 06:38 PM
In other news, I have, on a whim, increased the number of rep hits you can see in the user control panel from 5 to 15.

I feel this is a good balance, giving you a larger window for more perspective, while not being too spammy.

xDarkMaster
Sun, 05-07-2006, 07:26 PM
Is it at all possible to see the rep you have given?

complich8
Sun, 05-07-2006, 09:05 PM
nope, no option for it.

Assassin
Sun, 05-07-2006, 11:25 PM
I can't find it, am I looking at the right place? This (http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/3926/untitled28hj.png) is all I see under "edit profile."

Edit: NVM, Comp fixed it. Thanks!

You chose cp10 as ur custom title? wth does that even mean? i should neg rep you just for that.

Augury
Mon, 05-08-2006, 12:38 AM
It's a One Piece reference. CP# stands for "Cipher Pol #" which is the name given to the OP World Government's secret agent cells. In the story, CP1-8 are regular agent groups while CP9 are elite agents.

Kraco
Mon, 05-08-2006, 02:30 AM
Maybe I'm slow, but I only now realised that potentially the number of people reaching 2500 in any sensible time should be cumulatively increasing all the time. Or lets say the speed people reach that limit. This is simply because more and more people will have higher reputation powers, as the impact factor of the reputation score is high on your power. So, when active people rep here and there, every active (and decent) poster gets higher power, and in turn deals it out.

Well, I'm sure most of the people are still far away from the limit (myself included), with only a couple having reached it, but ultimately it should allow a decent amount of people to have creative custom titles. Some time ago I still thought this nearly impossible, but I had failed to take in the account the fact the speed is accelerating all the time. Jolly good times.

Edit: Apparently somebody failed to understand what I wrote (and gave neg rep), so in short: As time goes and people deal out reputation to each other, they all gain higher and higher reputation power, because the power depends heavily on the total rep score. And thus every time they give more reputation to others than before. So, the speed at which everybody's reputation grows is accelerating all the time, and it's easier to get the 2500 points necessary for a custom title.

dragonrage
Mon, 05-08-2006, 02:57 AM
In other news, I have, on a whim, increased the number of rep hits you can see in the user control panel from 5 to 15.

I feel this is a good balance, giving you a larger window for more perspective, while not being too spammy.

Awsome thanks man, that has been a big help.

But personally i use it as a means to double check myself. See if there is something that i might have done wrong or could have done better or what i did right to continue to do it. As long as i am true to myself.

Don't really think i care about this custom title thing though. Didn't even know the limit.

But i do love the new description that you added as the reps goes higher.

xxxxxx is a serious rep- whore.

xxxx is either an admin or is blowing one.

those are two of my favorites. There should be more from the 1000 point mark onward. But i guess there are more important things that you have to deal with.

Anyways thanks again for the increase number of rep hits i can see.

el_boss
Mon, 05-08-2006, 03:20 AM
CP is a common insult in sweden. "Man you are totally CP". It stands for Cerebral Paresis/Paralysis. That was the first thing I thought about when I saw the title. Yes, I know, it's an awful insult. But I don't make up the rules, I just break 'em.:cool:

samsonlonghair
Mon, 05-08-2006, 04:02 AM
I like seeing more comments on reputation. I think this was a good improvement. Like xDark, I'd like to have a way to see all the comments I've been given, but this is still a good improvement.

Thanks complich8.

complich8
Mon, 05-08-2006, 05:29 AM
xxxxxx is a serious rep- whore.

xxxx is either an admin or is blowing one.

those are two of my favorites. There should be more from the 1000 point mark onward. But i guess there are more important things that you have to deal with.

There's more... not terribly many more, but there's a couple up there that nobody's seen yet.

I made fairly sane intervals all the way up to 5000, then a big leap up to 50k for the "either an admin or blowing one" title. But between 1000 and 5000 (inclusive) there's a total of 8 categories. Across the whole rep spectrum, there are 29 defined categories, ranging from "is off the scale" at the extremely far negative end, all the way up to the "admin or blowing one" at the extremely positive end.

mage
Mon, 05-08-2006, 05:32 AM
isn't "off the scale" usually used if something is really good? i think "below the scale" would be more appropriate although they both sound stupid.

complich8
Tue, 05-09-2006, 03:31 AM
yeah, it's a default, and I didn't feel like changing it creatively.

The way things are going though, it doesn't seem like anyone will ever get there anyway.

dragonrage
Tue, 05-09-2006, 04:39 PM
thanks for the info. I can't wait to see what the new descriptions looks like.

kAi
Tue, 05-09-2006, 10:26 PM
looks at reputation.
I win.

complich8
Tue, 05-09-2006, 11:22 PM
No, you cheated. Cheating isn't winning.

And now you're not even that! SucK it, Trebek!

samsonlonghair
Wed, 05-10-2006, 04:14 AM
You know, I'm loving this rep system more and more. It encourages intelligent discussion a lot more than I anticipated.

Usually, one can disagree with everyone else and still not get neg-repped so long as one makes a good point. A good example is the thread on immigration. I expected to get a negative reputation for disagreeing on a sensitive and unpopular issue. Surprisingly, this didn't happen. I didn't get any positive points, but no one tried to get back at me because I disagreed.

I think that says a lot for the rep system and for the quality of the people on this forum.

Lucifus
Wed, 05-10-2006, 07:54 AM
I'm loving the rep system more and more as I rise in rep, at whoever came up with it (I'm guessing Complich8) Great f*cking job.

Well done. I think it also keeps everyone in line, and The reward for being a good member being a custom title is awesome.:D I'm definatly working towards that.:cool:

Kraco
Wed, 05-10-2006, 08:06 AM
It doesn't keep Kai in line... But he's a bad boy, so I suppose it doesn't matter.