PDA

View Full Version : Editing Thread Title

RyougaZell
Sat, 03-11-2006, 09:17 AM
I tried editing the thread title of one of my topics and couldn't.
I added new info so I wanted to do so.

I've searched the faqs and could not find anything.
Is there a way to do so?

Thanks

masamuneehs
Sat, 03-11-2006, 09:46 AM
Zell, go to Edit Post on the first post in the thread.

One of the options should be 'Go Advanced' click it

Among the options are 'Title', which you can then change to giving the topic thread whatever new name you want.

Also try double clicking on the name of the thread from the Section of the forums it is in.
Hope that helped.

RyougaZell
Sat, 03-11-2006, 02:07 PM
Thnks for the help masamuneehs, but I don't see a "Go Advanced" option on the Edit page, I've only seen it while posting a new message.

There is a Title to change on the edit post, but it only changes the titles of the very same post, not all the thread =/

This is the thread I wanted to change the title to:
http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=12801

masamuneehs
Sat, 03-11-2006, 02:54 PM
I think it might have to do with some of your Options.
Go to your Control Panel and enable the most complex editting/posting system you can. It may be daunting at first, but it gives you alot more options and hopefully will answer your problem.

complich8
Sat, 03-11-2006, 03:02 PM
Umm, pretty sure that's a moderator-level task under "thread tools".

Individual posts have subjects which are accessible from the full reply console and post editing, but they don't influence the thread name.

So yeah, long story short, ask a mod/admin to do it.

masamuneehs
Sat, 03-11-2006, 03:51 PM
ouch, sorry, i double checked and the thing I was talking about was changing the title to the post...

guess that's another annoying thread. "Change my name!" and now "Change my Thread name!" oh well, guess we'll just have to be careful when initially naming threads.

RyougaZell
Sat, 03-11-2006, 05:32 PM
I see.
Nah, I'll just leave like that.
I just wanted to add the title of Naruto ep 179 to the discussion, so I didn't create a doubled thread.
But to bother a Mod for that... I don't see point in that.

I'll just wait till there are another batch of episode titles to post instead a creating a whole new thread for just one episode title.

Thanks a lot for your help though, both of you masamuneehs and complich8