PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Movie 2 Discussion

PychoCrush
Fri, 03-10-2006, 01:57 AM
Hi folks,

was wondering if any1 saw Naruto Movie 2..a review is appreciate it w/o spoilers please. is it subbed yet? if yes, where to get the torrent?

Thanks

Kraco
Fri, 03-10-2006, 03:40 AM
And I thought this was a useful thread...

The DVD release date is, as far as I know, April 28th (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naruto_the_Movie_2). So, I suggest you wait until then before you start to hold your breath for a sub.

mage
Fri, 03-10-2006, 05:35 AM
it was out in theaters correct? i wonder why nobody has been recording any anime movies with cameras recently.. are they coming down harder on that? there are tons of cam screeners for other new movies on the internet the day it comes out.

Kraco
Fri, 03-10-2006, 06:14 AM
Yeah, it's a good question. There was that one crappy capture of the FMA movie. I never downloaded it, but I'm sure quite a few people did. However, it's true that there hasn't been any indication anybody recorded this Naruto flick. Hard to say why. Although I wouldn't have downloaded it anyway. Better to wait for a HQ DVD rip.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 03-10-2006, 06:22 AM
Just so you know, the FMA movie has long since come out in HQ with HQ subs.

Lucifus
Fri, 03-10-2006, 03:19 PM
April 28th huh? Sweetness. April 1st-End of fillers, and April 28th-Naruto Movie 2, and July 30th-Birthday Awesome, three birthdays in one year. B)

ChaosK
Fri, 03-10-2006, 04:30 PM
what makes you think the 2nd naruto movie wont be as pointless as the first?

Kraco
Fri, 03-10-2006, 04:45 PM
Well, it could very well be pointless, but the first Naruto movie was much better than the filler episodes, nonetheless. This point may be a bit invalid because the manga based episodes should be already running by then, but if you consider how we courageously and relentlessly suffered this filler marathon, there should be no point to not also check out the second movie. Not knowing practically anything about it, I can still guarantee it will be better than many of the filler arcs.

darkmetal505
Fri, 03-10-2006, 05:05 PM
well it has gaara and shikamaru in it, so it might be better than the first, but then again it depends on if Naruto does rainbow rasengan or not.

Lucifus
Fri, 03-10-2006, 05:13 PM
Anything with Gaara has got to own, unless of course they make Gaara have the same IQ as Naruto has in fillers.....

Kraco
Fri, 03-10-2006, 05:18 PM
That would be bad. Now, Gaara has proven he's not the most brightest mind, but at least he tries to act cool, like a person with such powers should. Not like a clown.

Lucifus
Fri, 03-10-2006, 05:32 PM
I know, there are only two characters they better not screw up, Heck, it would be easier to make them look kool than screwing them up. Orochimaru and Gaara.

tali/spetz
Sat, 03-11-2006, 12:52 PM
I don't know... If they used a real script for there story line it probably will be good or atleast interesting to watch, as for characters... They already made Gara look like a self centered duesch. I just like Oro because well hes kinda' queer in the way he acts... But thats just me. I liked the first naruto movie so it shouldn't change...

Sariachan
Sun, 03-12-2006, 07:36 PM
I agree with who said that the first Naruto movie is better than many fillers... not that it was an hard task, eh! :P

Lucifus
Sun, 03-12-2006, 07:42 PM
A Naruto Movie might not be worthy of a second birthday, but it will eat fillers apart any day.

darkmetal505
Sun, 03-12-2006, 09:22 PM
I know, there are only two characters they better not screw up, Heck, it would be easier to make them look kool than screwing them up. Orochimaru and Gaara.

who says they are not already "kool"?

Lucifus
Sun, 03-12-2006, 09:26 PM
who says they are not already "kool"?
Uh...Wha? I know, they are already kool, It would be easier to keep them looking kool than screwing em up. o.0

darkmetal505
Sun, 03-12-2006, 09:32 PM
Uh...Wha? I know, they are already kool, It would be easier to keep them looking kool than screwing em up. o.0

i must have misunderstood your previous post then.

Well anime movies just make me feel, for lack of better words, iffy. Most of the time they are too cheesy and kind of overexaggerate some of the aspects.

I wasnt really content with the first Naruto movie (disregarding the obvious crappiness). It should have had more cool fighting.

mage
Sun, 03-12-2006, 10:42 PM
it SHOULD have had a decent stoyline.

Lucifus
Sun, 03-12-2006, 11:39 PM
Ya, same, I liked something about the first Naruto movie. But it really was very crappy, it gave off a filler feeling.

mage
Sun, 03-12-2006, 11:41 PM
They can't really do anything that would change/advance the story in a movie until the series is over (ala FMA movie), so it basically is a filler with good animation :\

Yukimura
Mon, 03-13-2006, 02:29 AM
I don't think this is a spoiler but if it is, it's not that big a deal...I hope. I saw an (animated) avatar on another forum that had Naruto doing some wierd Rasengan looking thing with funky colors, When I asked what it was from the person said this movie, so expect what darkmetal was fearing.

Lucifus
Mon, 03-13-2006, 10:52 AM
=S.....That does not sound very reassuring.............And I wish I didn't hear that.....

rockmanj
Mon, 03-13-2006, 12:04 PM
I don't think this is a spoiler but if it is, it's not that big a deal...I hope. I saw an (animated) avatar on another forum that had Naruto doing some wierd Rasengan looking thing with funky colors, When I asked what it was from the person said this movie, so expect what darkmetal was fearing.

im just hoping the rainbow rasengan NEVER makes another appearance. But, i mean if the story is decent, and they do justice to gaara's sand animations, then it might just be worth the price of admission.

Harima Kenji
Wed, 03-15-2006, 08:14 AM
I was going to say that it would be very hard to make this movie bad when it had Gaara and Shikamaru in it, but when I read about the filler eps I think they are fully capable of making a movie with Gaara and Shikamaru in it suck.
Then again, I think I would be happy if they gave Gaara a fair amout of screentime, make him do some sweet moves, and DON'T screw up his character.. that shouldn't be só hard to do, would it?

Naturally, I'd prefer a movie with a great story and all that, and given the 'time' in the series (after the Sasuke chase-arc and before the time-leap), I think they could do more with the movie story-wise than they did with the first movie.

And I want a main villain that is Rasengan-resistant.

Terracosmo
Tue, 03-28-2006, 05:27 PM
I can't help feeling a bit pumped when it comes to this movie. Sure, we all know how crappy these things generally are, and we also know how horrendous movie 1 was - but still, good animation + nice theme song ("Ding! Dong! Dang!" might have the worst name EVER but damn it's a nice tune) + Gaara/Shikamaru = watchable.

At least in theory.

Maybe I'm just getting old.

Oh and I renamed this topic so it can be used for full discussion whenever the movie is out.

djblingsingh
Tue, 03-28-2006, 05:31 PM
i just hope they have some real ninja fighting with decent or some new techniques

DarthEnderX
Wed, 03-29-2006, 04:36 AM
I still give Movie 1 props for giving us the only useful Sakura technique EVER.

Sakura Exploding Tag Blizzard rules!

darkmetal505
Sat, 04-01-2006, 11:31 PM
Naruto Movie II torrent (http://datorrents.com/download.asp?id=8376&name=%5BKyuubi%5D_Naruto_Movie_II_-_Naruto%20_The_Movie_The_Great_Clash%21_The_Phanto m_Ruins_in_the_Depths_of_the_Earth_%5BDVD_XviD_AC3 %5D%5B7AC059D4%5D.avi.torrent)

Dont know how good it is

Death13a
Sun, 04-02-2006, 12:18 AM
since it april second let me point out this is fake as i already fell for Eureka batch release and i 99% sure it fake (i won't risk with 1%)

Kraco
Sun, 04-02-2006, 02:31 AM
As far as I can see based on the info I can find, it's still a little less than a month to the release date of the DVD. So, that would need to be some sort of rip of a leaked DVD, if it was real. And under such circumstances it's dubious, April 1st or not.

zibo
Sat, 04-22-2006, 02:05 AM
6 more days, hope fully it will come out on 28th...

Jadugar
Sat, 04-29-2006, 01:47 AM
Finally its here.

[DB] Naruto Movie 2 (http://a.scarywater.net/db/nmovie2.torrent)

Gnompf
Sat, 04-29-2006, 04:19 AM
This is a prime example of a contentless post. Put more than .1 second of thought into posting.

Warned
-m

ooo yeah :D

lafnear
Sat, 04-29-2006, 06:17 AM
We worked oh so hard. Hope you all enjoy.

P.S. It was totally worth it for Gaara.

Terracosmo
Sat, 04-29-2006, 06:25 AM
Awesome! Will download it as soon as I get back from the bar (i.e tomorrow because I'll probably pass out)

Thanks for the hard work as usual, lafnear (& the rest of DB of course).

xDarkMaster
Sat, 04-29-2006, 07:04 AM
Downloading right now, finally something that might not be as mind-numbing as fillers!

Kraco
Sat, 04-29-2006, 08:29 AM
Awesome! Will download it as soon as I get back from the bar (i.e tomorrow because I'll probably pass out)

I'm afraid awesome isn't quite the right word here...

Technically this was better than most of the fillers. The drawing quality was similar to the first movie, and at least my not-so-ciritical eyes didn't catch anything gross in animation.

However, the plot was worse than in the first movie, in my opinion. The beginning didn't actually look so bad; it looked even quite fine, but when the story really got going, it also got much worse. Just like in so many filler arcs. There was fortunately quite good action here, especially with Gaara (heh, this shouldn't be a surprise). Actually the Sand ninjas saved a lot in this movie. It's good they were there. And no, Gaara didn't lose a bit of his cool factor. He was the best character of this flick.

Well, speaking of action the last battle was strange. I still don't quite know what happened in the last attack. Only I know I didn't like what I saw. Not only did it end the climax battle of this film far too easily, but also with lacking sense of victory (well, these two things might be the same). And what Yukimura said earlier... It's unfortunately very true, and the reason why I still don't know what happened during that attack.

Well, despite all that, it was nice to watch. Definitively better than the regular filler arcs we have been made to suffer for so long. But I can't say this would have given me the inspired feeling the manga based Naruto episodes never failed to do.

Knives122
Sat, 04-29-2006, 09:30 AM
who cares, if it's better then the fillers then it's watchable.

I however, didn't bother watching the first movie.....

RyougaZell
Sat, 04-29-2006, 12:14 PM
Technically its already the 30th on Japan (3 am by the time of this post). That means just two days to sub this. Wow. Thnks a lot lafnear (& DB staff).

I was thinking of buying this movie just for the gift gashapon...
or maybe now that the movie is out I can find it alone on ebay... hmmm...

EDIT:
http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Animation/naruto/narufigur01.jpg

(if anybody finds where to buy that gashapon alone, I will be very grateful)

Lucifus
Sat, 04-29-2006, 12:52 PM
Holy Shyt! Nice DB, And since Kraco said Gaara didn't lose his cool factor, I'm definatly watching. Excellent Work DB.:D

BioAlien
Sat, 04-29-2006, 12:55 PM
what? DB finally released Naruto movie 2 ?! *go check*
ITS TRUE! *downloading now*

xDarkMaster
Sat, 04-29-2006, 03:55 PM
Agree with Kraco, while it is slightly better than fillers, I have to admit the end SUCKS! I mean, what the hell was that and how does that other kid know how to help Naruto. The beginning was cool, action was fast, and no one said/did anything too stupid. Gaara was definitely the highlight.

seanos
Sat, 04-29-2006, 04:39 PM
Hm, reminded me of current arc really ... star/stone, great power, yada yada.
Fairly boring, better than fillers, just about.
Soundtrack was quite nice though.

lafnear
Sat, 04-29-2006, 04:48 PM
what? DB finally released Naruto movie 2 ?! *go check*
ITS TRUE! *downloading now*
FINALLY? We released it like a day after the DVD came out. Geesh.

X-plicit
Sat, 04-29-2006, 05:37 PM
How fast is it downloading for you guys? It's at 10kb/s for me. =\ How do I get it faster?

Since you already have a support thread about this and it really doesn't have anything with the movie's plot or anything of that nature, this post is not worth making. Your getting a warning here, keep your downloading questions, comments and/or problems in the right forum.

Lucifus
Sat, 04-29-2006, 06:21 PM
Well, I agree with Kraco and xDarkmaster. It was decent enough, definatly better than to fillers on account of Gaara.

I was kinda hoping Temari would be in the movie. The first half kept the movie alive. The last half annoyed me, and the ending made me sick, I was hoping that would at least go a little kyuubi.

But to say the least, it was better than the fillers. What was up with the red Rasengan.....
I'm sick of Rasengan...............:(

XanBcoo
Sat, 04-29-2006, 06:54 PM
But to say the least, it was better than the fillers. What was up with the red Rasengan.....
I'm sick of Rasengan...............:(
It's definitely better than a fucking purple Rasengan. Or even a rainbow Rasengan.

I've only watched the first few minutes, haven't really finished downloading it yet. It seems cool though. The awesome animation alone makes it worth the watch.

Lucifus
Sat, 04-29-2006, 07:02 PM
It's definitely better than a fucking purple Rasengan. Or even a rainbow Rasengan.

Definatly true, and yes, the animation was pretty kool, but mostly only for the first half. The second half was questionable.

BioAlien
Sat, 04-29-2006, 07:03 PM
FINALLY? We released it like a day after the DVD came out. Geesh.

yes.. finally because of that :

Naruto movie 2

Comment: Have u guys subbed the 2nd movie cus i can't find it?

Answer A: The DVD for the Naruto Movie comes out at the end of April. As mentioned in question 1, we have no more access to Naruto material than the average Naruto yaoi fan, so the answer is. No, we have not.

Answer B: Yes, Dattebayo has subbed the Second Naruto Movie, but due to legal restrictions, we are not permitted to torrent it until the beginning of May. Please understand that as with any organization, many rights clearances and authorizations are required in order to release a movie. We hope you will bear with us and look forward to our release!

Genma
Sat, 04-29-2006, 07:09 PM
I thought it was pretty cool.

Some questionable things, like the red rasengan, were a bit... lame... but it was certainly a step up from the Star Village fillers.

I'm so glad there was no peacock chakra involved.

mage
Sat, 04-29-2006, 07:53 PM
"Decent" movie. The background art was the best part. What the fuck was the pink shit coming out of Haido's chest, though?

Edort4
Sat, 04-29-2006, 08:23 PM
Reading what you say seems dissapointing :(. Well I will try it I just hope that it is better than the fillers. But reading that thing about red rasengans etc... :eek:

P.S: anyone knows what means a red X in bitcomet Im trying to download the db torrent and every 5 minutes I get that mark on the download and stops. First time this happened,
Im downloading 2 things right know at the same time and the other work well at 50kbs but naruto goes at 5kbs and I have to stop and relaunch everytime I get the red mark :confused:

Edit to below: that is confusing cause I have plenty of HD space...

Deadfire
Sat, 04-29-2006, 08:26 PM
The red X in bitcomet means your out of HD space :P

I'm thinking of watching this movie, although I'm still not sure because of everyone's comments

mage
Sat, 04-29-2006, 08:27 PM
You should watch it. It's not bad, but it's not exactly good either. Better than the first one IMO. You don't have anything better to do, anyway.

XanBcoo
Sat, 04-29-2006, 09:09 PM
If a funny colored Rasengan stops anyone from watching the movie, then anything Naruto-related is not really for them.

zibo
Sat, 04-29-2006, 09:46 PM
I liked this movie, and yeah its way better than normal fillers,

I also liked when naruto had 2 rasengans one from nine-tails chakara and other from the green or teal stone. And when Gaara hit his fists and 2 huge blocks clashed :D that was cool.

It had its minuses but over all it was ok.

darkshadow
Sat, 04-29-2006, 09:59 PM
wtf, the red rasengan is an OFFICIAL move of naruto, it just wasnt shown yet, its just the rasengan using kyuubi energy.
anyway gaara made this movie, seeing ryu sabakuyu + sabaku taisou again made my day.
fairly good movie overall ( finally the rasengan made a hole in someone! )

mage
Sat, 04-29-2006, 10:28 PM
i wouldn't call that a hole, but atleast the first one somehow twisted up his arms, legs, and head.

RyougaZell
Sat, 04-29-2006, 11:38 PM
yes.. finally because of that :

Do you know the definition of "sarcasm" ?

Can't believe you fell for that one...

bxgreatone87
Sun, 04-30-2006, 06:40 AM
I hated how they had to have sasuke show up in it somehow with naruto seeing him when he got knocked out. Come on that was just rediculous and there was no point in showing him. Also why not use the nine tails chakra he would have taking the bastard out easy.

masamuneehs
Sun, 04-30-2006, 08:32 AM
well it wasn't the best thing ever, but it certainly was nice to see some well animated action and some attempts at new music. The Sand rocked. They always do.

Just once I want to see Naruto fall off a cliff/go unconscious underwater, wake up somewhere AND NOT have been rescued and nursed back to health. Let him claw his way out from under some debris, let him get captured by the enemy. Where the fuck do all these lifesaving people come from? And it happens to be the client...

And dude, that ferret should be in itsy bitsy pieces. How many times did Naruto get flung, backpack first, through trees and boulders, not to mention the thousand something foot drop.

After it was mentioned that some of the caravan ancestors had crossed the ocean it was so obvious that kid was one of them. And for an example of not subtle hinting see the scenes with the ferret.

Props to those girls fighting in heels like that, especially the one who went up against Gaara. I mean, the guy just sunk your battleships and you're going to go 1-on-1 with him? Still, she hung around pretty well.

The last couple of fights ended pretty weakly. I mean, Temjin just learns how to control Chakra well enough to help make a Rasengan? Those weird vibrating columns just happened to be where Sakura was? At least it was animated well...

Where the hell was Temari?

Kraco
Sun, 04-30-2006, 08:54 AM
Maybe they left Temari out because she would have had so good inherent AA capabilities, and the enemies did seem to enjoy flying. But I have to say this movie would have been twice as good with some Shikamaru-Temari interaction.

masamuneehs
Sun, 04-30-2006, 09:16 AM
Maybe they left Temari out because she would have had so good inherent AA capabilities, and the enemies did seem to enjoy flying. But I have to say this movie would have been twice as good with some Shikamaru-Temari interaction.

i think she was left out cuz Romi Paku is doing like 3 new animes this season...

Psyke
Sun, 04-30-2006, 09:20 AM
I just watched this movie, and can't believe the level of animation..... it was pretty horrible in my opinion, and the 1st movie had animation way way way better than this. Just rewatch the first movie if you disagree. As for the plot........ *yawn*. Just another filler, and the one word to describe it would be "forgettable".

Genma
Sun, 04-30-2006, 09:21 AM
wtf, the red rasengan is an OFFICIAL move of naruto, it just wasnt shown yet, its just the rasengan using kyuubi energy.

I figured that's what it was, but I thought he was unable to control the kyuubi's power adequately yet.

Like, when he charged forward, there was no aura from the kyuubi or anything.

darkmetal505
Sun, 04-30-2006, 11:42 AM
eh, if they used common sense, they could have taken out the bad parts in the movie. Haido sama was definitely a child molestor. Red rasengan? At least it was rainbow. Kyubbi Naruto had a blue rasengan with red chakra surrounding it. Gaara owning was by far the best part of the movie.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 04-30-2006, 01:36 PM
700 bloody megabytes it better be worth it. Even if the plot is crap I hope it has atleast 1 or 2 good tunes in it.

Maverick-DBZ-
Sun, 04-30-2006, 01:55 PM
I have such high hopes for this movie I really hope it's a decent flick. I'm 90% done with this bad boy. :D

DB owns in speed!;)

Lucifus
Sun, 04-30-2006, 02:12 PM
How many of you guys liking the soundtracks for the movie? I didn't really feel any of em.=S

masamuneehs
Sun, 04-30-2006, 03:08 PM
How many of you guys liking the soundtracks for the movie? I didn't really feel any of em.=S

you totally touched on a subject I only briefly glossed over. I haven't heard just the music tracks from the movie, and I was *trying* not to pay attention to them during the movie, but I also felt that some of them were good, others mediocre, and some absolutely horrible. I said it nicely, I'm glad they tried to make some new tracks, but I would not consider the music in this movie to be one of the good points...

Lucifus
Sun, 04-30-2006, 03:30 PM
you totally touched on a subject I only briefly glossed over. I haven't heard just the music tracks from the movie, and I was *trying* not to pay attention to them during the movie, but I also felt that some of them were good, others mediocre, and some absolutely horrible. I said it nicely, I'm glad they tried to make some new tracks, but I would not consider the music in this movie to be one of the good points...

In total agreement with ya, Some were decent enough to go along with the video, others, I was like, wtf? What is this? Just totally off. =S

And the ending track, Ding Dong Dang............

DDBen
Sun, 04-30-2006, 03:43 PM
I have no idea why most of you are complaining about this. The animation is WAY better then anything the fillers have offered us. Naruto DIDN'T spend the movie acting like a retard and even using his normal moves I felt the battles were just WAY more fluid then anything we have seen period.

All of the ninja's fighting really shined we didn't even have to see a useless Sakura for the first time ever. I didn't mind the music it worked for me but I have no reason to download the soundtrack being I don't need any of these to listen to over and over.

As far as the red Rasengan goes consider it this way Naruto used a clone to make the normal one and the 9 tails to make the red one all the other guy did was help clear a path so Naruto could reach him. Or if the other guy helped in any way think of it as naruto using his chakra to reverse the flow of the other guys energy that was comming from the stone to create a Rasengan. Note the hole was made in the guys nonhuman body assume the Rasengan pierced a hard shell and then tore apart his internal organs causing the pink paste to bubble out as the guys heart was torn out of place.

Honestly I found this more enjoyable then the first movie and would definatly recommend it to anyone who likes Naruto.

Terracosmo
Sun, 04-30-2006, 06:01 PM
This was pretty much what I expected. A worthless & predictable plot, characters ridden with the usual cliches, pre-existing characters doing what they always do, saying what they always say, etc...

Well, there are of course limitations to how much you can do/change in a movie which doesn't go along with the manga at all, but hey, for once I'd like to be surprised.

Animation was nice, seeing Gaara kick ass was entertaining, and some of the music (particularly the theme playing when Temujin & Naruto fought the first time) was pretty good. Ding! Dong! Dang! might be the worst name for a song ever, but I like the theme and have done so since I downloaded the single a few months ago.

Someone please make me a gif of when Haido hits Naruto! God I love to see Naruto in pain! It pleases me to no end. I hate him so much.

Naruto should take a tip from DBZ when it comes to making movies. Shorter & with recurring characters. The shortness because 90 minutes is just too long for filler quality bullshit, and recurring characters because it makes you feel like they actually exist. Just look at Cooler & Brolly in DBZ, they are acknowledged by the fanbase as "real" characters just because they had believable backstories and were recurring. Who the fuck will remember Haido? Temujin? Or any char from the first movie for that matter?

So yeah, all in all, pretty crappy but at least better than the first one.

Edit: I could have sworn I read somewhere that Temujin and the rest all were from Germany and came to Naruto's world due to a portal. What the hell was that about? Did I dream?

darkmetal505
Sun, 04-30-2006, 06:13 PM
Edit: I could have sworn I read somewhere that Temujin and the rest all were from Germany and came to Naruto's world due to a portal. What the hell was that about? Did I dream?

Probably, you were probably thinking about the FMA movie.

dman
Sun, 04-30-2006, 08:05 PM
I have no idea why most of you are complaining about this. The animation is WAY better then anything the fillers have offered us.

sometimes naruto/sakura/shik look badly drawn, sometimes they look normal

gaara looks awesome as usualy and saved the movie

i really thought he'd get more action in the movie

the raging thunder vs rasegan was pretty neat, would be great in a free for all chidori/rasegan/raging thunder...kill all of em at once to end the series haha

Genma
Sun, 04-30-2006, 10:45 PM
How come so many people love Gaara? I mean, he's pretty badass and all, but what about Kankurō and Shikamaru?

When they teamed up on that girl and threw her into the puppet... ouch. Was I the only one that found that to be cool?

DarthEnderX
Mon, 05-01-2006, 12:55 AM
God I loved this. Yeah, the plot sucked and there were mistakes. But I didn't fucking care because it's been SO FUCKING LONG since I've seen some good fights. I'm like a starving man digging a half-eaten sandwich out of the trash. It makes me all warm inside watching Gaara and Kankuro kill their opponents too. It's just so refreshing, I get all gushy whenever it happens. The Sand needs its own fucking spinoff series. I just geek right out when Kankuro's puppet commits stabby murder.

And yeah, I even liked the double Rasengan. Sure it makes no fucking sense, but just watching Naruto fight with them like they were weapons was awsome to me. Reguardless of what nonsense colors they were.

One thing I did notice though, is that in an entire year of fillers, this movie was full of the few characters we HAVEN'T seen alot of. Shikamaru hasn't been in a filler since like the first month. And the sand haven't been in any of them at all. It's like they are avoiding them in the fillers to make people watch the movie to get their Shika/Gaara fixes.

And also, the movies continue their tradition of tricking people into thinking Sakura kicks way more ass than she actually does.

but I also felt that some of them were good, others mediocre, and some absolutely horrible. Wow really man? Some was good, some wasn't and some was in between somewhere? Thanks for that super generic description of EVERYTHING EVER.

Honoko
Mon, 05-01-2006, 01:02 AM
i haven't watched any naruto since ep 135 so the movie was kinda refreshing to watch. Gaara and Kankuro were awesome. It would've been awesome-er if Temari made a cameo ;)

Who laughed when the "key" got destroyed and started to let loose chaos? I know I did, after all that talk how it's useless unless someone from the old family knew about it. If it's locked, break it!

Aperion
Mon, 05-01-2006, 06:05 PM
How come so many people love Gaara? I mean, he's pretty badass and all, but what about Kankurō and Shikamaru?

When they teamed up on that girl and threw her into the puppet... ouch. Was I the only one that found that to be cool?

Yes! Er, I mean, no I also found that to be cool. Kankuro is finally a badass imo. That finishing move with the puppet just sent chills down my spine when I first saw it. In a way, it's far more disturbing than Gaara's desert coffin. My biggest question is how long it takes to clean out his puppet after something like that, and what kinds of cleaners does he use? I mean, that's gotta be nasty work.

I found the movie fun to watch. It had enough to keep me in it the whole way, although what I found quite disappointing was what was not in it rather than what was. Most notable absence: Temari. The plot wasn't completely unbearable and didn't feel nearly as bad as the fillers as of late. The bad guys get only a 'meh' because they feel like a lot of other filler bad guys and just doesn't stand up to the ones in the main storyline (Akatsuki, Orochimaru). The only thing I can't get over is the dual-Rasengan finishing move he pulled off...that just...I don't know. Words fail me on that one.

Compared to the fillers, this is pure gold. I think it was a much-needed reprieve from the absolute garbage that should have been flushed several weeks ago.

Lucifus
Mon, 05-01-2006, 06:25 PM
Compared to the fillers, this is pure gold. I think it was a much-needed reprieve from the absolute garbage that should have been flushed several weeks ago.

Wow, this new guy knows his stuff.

And I totally agree with this above comment! I've been critizing the movie, but still very glad I watched it, for the Sand ninja scenes were priceless!:D

Kankorou was on top of his game as well, I only wish they could have shown Temari take out one of those chicks.....
And its always great to watch Gaara own the shyt out of somebody.:cool:

aznroyale
Mon, 05-01-2006, 07:10 PM
movie was pure garbage

BioAlien
Mon, 05-01-2006, 08:29 PM
movie was pure garbage

... i hope you are joking there

anyway.. this movie is still better then the filler, and better then a shitty rainbow rasengan

Gaara was awsome, Naruto rasengan was... good? 1 from that shard and 1 from the kyubi hehe and sakura... well... at least she didn't died lol

dragonrage
Mon, 05-01-2006, 11:25 PM
well, i finally gave in and watched the movie. It was not that bad, and yes it was better than the fillers. The best part was the first 15 minutes or so, Gara owned everyone.

It was funny they tried to work english into the techniques, it didn't sound to bad, it was good even. But it was funny nevertheless. I guest that was part of showing that they were from a different continent.

A couple things bother me though, why was Gara not present during the final fight, but was present at the end. I mean if the enemies were so strong that he had to use multiple techniques on them, why was he missing in action. Anyways whatever.

Also, the last battle had me confused. The double rasengan that Naruto used was cool, but why was that guy needed to form it, i know that it gives him a bigger part to play, and since the story was basically about the reminances of his clan, he has to be there. But why would a person that knows nothing about chakra, and well nothing about the compression stage of it be needed, instead of just using another shadow clone.

Anyway its was better than the fillers, its was ooooookk. The first movie was better. But this was not a total waste of time.

saman
Tue, 05-02-2006, 12:21 AM
hmm, not bad. definitely missed temari in this one, but i liked how sakura actually did something instead of just standing there and screaming everyone's name. and i'll definitely be downloading some of the tracks from the soundtracks, but only some. also, the whole naruto-sasuke scene was nice, but obviously just thrown in there for no particular reason other than emotional impact for the audience.

the end battle was kind of weak. i was intrigued at how temujin, who throughout the movie was marvelling at naruto's "strange power", suddenly learned how to formulate naruto's chakra to make a perfect rasengan by just putting his hand over it.

it was also interesting how the black hole was dealt with. i mean, a black hole is powerful enough to create a vaccuum in space, but naruto's able to pull temujin out of one by using a string of kage bunshins? yyyyeah.

i was also a little confused when naruto hit the haido guy three times with the rasengan, despite only having two rasengans, because me being the genius i am, the only thing i could think of was that the third just conveniently materialized out of thin air. had to go back and watch that scene again to figure out what actually happened there.

BioAlien
Tue, 05-02-2006, 02:46 AM
i was also a little confused when naruto hit the haido guy three times with the rasengan, despite only having two rasengans, because me being the genius i am, the only thing i could think of was that the third just conveniently materialized out of thin air. had to go back and watch that scene again to figure out what actually happened there.

Naruto used the teal rasengan to break the defence of haido, but didn't used it all, so he was able to use it again with probably less power in it (i don't even know what i am saying ... )

god.. you should realy remove that reputation thinggy... because some people realy abuse of it... they give negativ for no darn reason! i got 3 negatif for what i said up there ... and 1 neutral oO

DB_Hunter
Tue, 05-02-2006, 08:36 AM
Man if people are saying this was much better than the fillers I feel sorry for you lot who have been eatching them. The movie plot was sub par from the usual manga related anime we are used to seeing, though better than the fillers I guess. That doesn't excuse some really stupid parts in the movie. The Temujin Rasengan was one. He doesn't know jack about chakra, let alone how to perform jutsu or even a high level jutsu like Rasengan at that.

I also didn't get why Naruto suddenly thought of Sasuke near the end. Sure if you look in hindsight you could argue he thought of losing a friend and blah blah blah... but at the time he thought of it it made no sense.

Gaara should have owned even more. Man these pathetic morons were giving him more trouble than kimimaro, and we all know he would have onwed these ass wipes. No boner jokes now please.

That Haido dude in his transformed state I swear was a rip from that blue android in DBZ movie 7... or was it movie 9. I dunno but it seemed like a rip off.

Temujin not realising Haido was the dude who murdered his family all these years and then taking 2 seconds to properly look at his ugly mug to discover he is the murderer... he must be dumber than he looks.

I could probably go on but I don't want RSI. Maybe more later.

Narasho
Tue, 05-02-2006, 04:33 PM
Having seen a few of the fillers, I agree this movie is better than the fillers. (that I have seen) However, I think you could make a good argument for the first movie being better than this, and that in itself says something about this movie's quality, considering the quality of the first movie. (or lack thereof)

Nai
Fri, 05-05-2006, 08:40 PM
I can only echo the sentiments that the Sand and Shikamaru did indeed save this movie. It's refreshing to see people fight like ninjas in this show and not fucking naive brats who believes a self-righteous nonsensical speech and a pat on the ass is enough to turn anyone around. I also kind of liked Haido's girl squad, especially the one calling Sakura a little bitch like a hundred times. It really can't be said enough. Haido looked okay in his second form and had some decent moves but otherwise I found him a pretty shitty and far too obvious antagonist. He did however physically abuse Naruto ( but not nearly as good as Kabuto, of course ), so he scores some bonus points for that.

As for Temujin, I hated everything about him. His character felt extremely weak, his voice wasn't the greatest, his outfit is one of the worst I've ever seen and his hair didn't appeal to me much either. His one redeeming feature were his red eyes, which he lost for some reason. It probably was explained, but I can't say I was paying much attention.

ChaosK
Fri, 05-05-2006, 10:27 PM
After watching through that, I guess it was better than fillers, the whole vein thing reminded me of the lifestream from FF7...

and other than this

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y281/Chaoskiddo/gotwoot/omg.jpg

I didn't really have a reaction.

The Heretic Azazel
Sun, 05-07-2006, 11:51 PM
What a shit ending, even that useless fucking ferret lived.

Did the ferret scratching Naruto to hell remind anyone of Peter Griffin vs. the raccoon?

One day i'll become HokaOOH MY EYES, OH GOD, OH GOD!!

Beautiful animation though, that was enough. but the start sucked me in. It was so different, with the camera angles, the strategies, it perfectly suits what i think of as a shinobi life or death situation. That part was awesome.

And the way Sakura was animated.. I don't know how they did it but she's so hot in this movie it's ridiculous.

Narasho
Mon, 05-08-2006, 01:07 AM
And the way Sakura was animated.. I don't know how they did it but she's so hot in this movie it's ridiculous.

Screenshots or it never happened.

chenga
Mon, 05-08-2006, 02:04 AM
As requested...

Divinity
Mon, 05-08-2006, 07:27 AM
Yeah well, there was this one scene where Sakura looked really ugly... It was a sideshot.. I'll look for it later.

Anyways.. This movie was ok, It was far better than the first one I'd say. It could have been A LOT better though. If Temujin died, it would have been better. Once again though, Naruto has given one of his famous speeches to once again, ANOTHER character who has been all "alone" and finally realizing about his blah blah life and that Naruto's blah blah blah was correct.

Naruto and Temujin you could say is a "love at first sight" experience, because the fact that Naruto only seen/talked to Temujin a few times, he was willing to risk his life for this guy and somehow develped a Naruto/Sasuke bond with him immediately. Somewhere along the way throughout the movie, the two of them became friends. This is probably what made me dislike this movie. It would have been better to see Naruto go Kyuubi on Temujin and rip him apart.

And most people said what I wanted to say already sooo I won't repeat it.

Overall, better than the first, better than the fillers, not even close to the main story.

PLEASE NOTE: It's only better than the first and fillers because it had some decent ninja fighting. The story was a nice idea, but they didn't capitalize what it could have became. (For example, Naruto and Temujin becoming friends.)... GAY!!

Kraco
Mon, 05-08-2006, 09:02 AM
Naruto and Temujin you could say is a "love at first sight" experience, because the fact that Naruto only seen/talked to Temujin a few times, he was willing to risk his life for this guy and somehow develped a Naruto/Sasuke bond with him immediately. Somewhere along the way throughout the movie, the two of them became friends. This is probably what made me dislike this movie. It would have been better to see Naruto go Kyuubi on Temujin and rip him apart.

Naruto is always willing to risk his life for all manner of people, no matter if they are strangers or friends, or even enemies whose situation Naruto can somehow sympathise with. That's one point of his personality. They can't just suddenly change it.

Narasho
Mon, 05-08-2006, 11:46 AM
I think Sakura looks alot better in the rotating fanart above the forum links.