PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 298

kAi
Fri, 03-10-2006, 12:41 AM
hxxp://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=1850.0

ooo, wont say anything yet, let some of you guys read it first.

LaZie
Fri, 03-10-2006, 01:09 AM
I doubt that's the real Sai. It's definitely a fake!

darkmetal505
Fri, 03-10-2006, 01:34 AM
yea, why would he do that to sai, its obviously a trap

nests
Fri, 03-10-2006, 02:23 AM
The way I see it is that, it is the real Sai and he is still alive.
Maybe the reason Danzou wanted Sai to join Oro was so he can use him as a decoy so he can get away with out been followed.
What better way to earn someones trust than giving him a little present.

Or he could trully be dead and that was his mission for him to serve as a excuse to try and decive them that Orochimaru never considerd the propasal if any.

I hope that he is still alive that way we might get to see him in action.
What has me more intriged is that, Naruto is going to be just lying there on the ground resting what if a member from a certain group or one of their subordiantes shows up.

kAi
Fri, 03-10-2006, 02:31 AM
It would be awesome for the Akatsuki to come and get Naruto while he's laying on the ground helpless, lol. They get Naruto without a fight, when Yamato gets back to the village he'd probably get his ass kicked.

Well, I don't think Sai's dead, there will be something about it that makes it ok, it could possibly be Kabuto, he can do those tricky things by turning into someone else, like what he did with the ANBU when Kakashi was there. He also may have had like a dead pill or something, that makes you look dead, but then come back to life. Orochimaru and Kabuto are sneaky with their techniques, they will have something that can make it look like Sai.

mage
Fri, 03-10-2006, 05:33 AM
There's no reason to hang Sai, they're ninjas. If Orochimaru wanted to kill him, the last thing hed do is hang him. I think it is possible that he's dead though since orochimaru said "No matter which way we do it, one corpse is needed now isn't it?" Perhaps Danzou wants Orochimaru to transfer him into a new body? He seems pretty useless in the condition he's in now.

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 03-10-2006, 08:36 AM
Ah what happened to the forums? My beatiful avatar my beatiful avatar is gone (GWAAAHHHHH). God do I hate change, also I was a bit frustrated by this chapter mostly it just repeated things we had already figured out last week. Hope something interesting happens next week.

Terracosmo
Fri, 03-10-2006, 11:19 AM
Man I so hope he's dead for real, it would prove that Kishi can still surprise us... but still, an inner voice is telling me that it's just yet another fake trap lame thingy that will make me lose additional faith in the series.

Knives122
Fri, 03-10-2006, 11:29 AM
well lets look at the options here:

1: is Oro that twisted to kill the messenger boy just so he can get away....yes

2: does this feel like a really obvious trap that will bite our heros in the ass.....yes

It's a lose-lose situation, we're all doomed

Jadugar
Fri, 03-10-2006, 11:41 AM
Sai dead? Not very likely?

Although he can fake a death easily. He doesnt have any facial expressions to begin with.

I am hoping to find more about Sai's true nature and his mission.

EDIT :

Scanlation is out

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=1850.0

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 03-10-2006, 12:47 PM
Yeah, Sai's not dead. Naruto will get angry at Sai's apparent death and go into a rage, just like has been said. Sai will either witness Naruto's anger, or get wind of it. At worst, Sai is immediately touched by Naruto's display of emotion and turns a new leaf. Possibly, Sai might not be all of a sudden changed to a nice guy, but after repeated displays of Naruto drama Sai will ask "how can someone like him go so far for someone like me?" and shed a tear. Most probably, and quite fortunately, Sai will either witness or get wind of Naruto's emotional outbust (or many emotional outbursts, however much it takes), and Sai will realize that Naruto would do anything for the village, if he would do so much for a member of the village he doesn't even like. This is a quality I imagine Sai would respect, because it was kind of hinted when Sai was surprised that naruto said "I would do anything for that friend, even work with you." I rather like the last possibility I mentioned. Anything better (i.e. Konoha civil war) would kick too much ass. Kishimoto's learned his lesson about kicking too much ass.

@ terra: I'm hoping that to god that doesn't happen. If the last option I mentioned occurs, then Sai does not need to have changed internally to become a better/more complete/gayer character. It would simply mean that his view of Naruto and what he means to the village would change. Over time however, its entirely possible that he and Naruto might become friends...

Terracosmo
Fri, 03-10-2006, 01:16 PM
In other words, Sai will become yet another "Naruto changed my life!!11" character?

Ero-Fan
Fri, 03-10-2006, 01:27 PM
In other words, Sai will become yet another "Naruto changed my life!!11" character?

We can only hope that that never occurs. But it is probably a slim hope at best. If he does change, they should kill him off. Sai changing and sacrificing himself to save someone, odds are Sakura, would probably make it a little bearable.

RyougaZell
Fri, 03-10-2006, 02:33 PM
There's no reason to hang Sai, they're ninjas. If Orochimaru wanted to kill him, the last thing hed do is hang him. I think it is possible that he's dead though since orochimaru said "No matter which way we do it, one corpse is needed now isn't it?" Perhaps Danzou wants Orochimaru to transfer him into a new body? He seems pretty useless in the condition he's in now.

This is a great theory.
Danzou wanting to learn Oro's jutsu. That would explain why Oro said that about the corpse.

Remember how Haku made it posible for Zabuza to fake a death ? Kabuto must have done something similar to Sai. And when they bring Sai's corpse to Konoha he wil revive and go meet Danzou and tell him about his mission.

Assertn
Fri, 03-10-2006, 04:48 PM
This is a great theory.
Danzou wanting to learn Oro's jutsu. That would explain why Oro said that about the corpse.

Remember how Haku made it posible for Zabuza to fake a death ? Kabuto must have done something similar to Sai. And when they bring Sai's corpse to Konoha he wil revive and go meet Danzou and tell him about his mission.

When oro said "we only need one corpse", the thought that came to mind was for a resurrection jutsu.

MFauli
Fri, 03-10-2006, 05:28 PM
It´s really, really annoying.

First, Neji and Chouji alive.
Okay, it would have been a too heavy impact on Shikamaru, if those had died, so...never mind.

Then, Gaara dying, but being revived.
Okay, the first revived character, and Garaa´s just a to great character to kill him off that easiliy.

Then, Sai being stabbed into the stomache by Orochimaru...oooookay, perhaps it would have been too rushed.

But now...already another "dead" Sai?

Please, Kishimoto, make him real dead.
There can be easiliy done a flashback story of Sai, that explains, why he had to to, what he did and so on.
But please, dont play that dumb with the death of characters.
I personally want Sai to stay alive, but it just annoys, how Kishimoto handles things...

RyougaZell
Fri, 03-10-2006, 05:30 PM
Yeah... I kinda remembered that the body-transfer jutsu is done with a living host...

But then... who would Danzou want back alive?
Sai's brother?

Back to Naruto and Sakura.
Unless Sakura leaves Naruto alone, which I doubt, Yamato will follow them alone, that is if he isn't fooled by the hanged Sai...

I still think that Sai is faking his death so he can be taken back to village and "buried" or something.

Maybe Oro needs an specific corpse?

Now Im hallucinating... (2hr and half more to get done with the job)

Assertn
Fri, 03-10-2006, 06:20 PM
Yeah... I kinda remembered that the body-transfer jutsu is done with a living host...

I dunno.....what did kabuto say to tsunade when they proposed the resurrection technique for her brother and boyfriend? It sounded like two freshly dead bodies would suffice.

RyougaZell
Fri, 03-10-2006, 08:03 PM
I dunno.....what did kabuto say to tsunade when they proposed the resurrection technique for her brother and boyfriend? It sounded like two freshly dead bodies would suffice.

For the resurrection yes.

I meant the body-transfer one that Oro uses to keep on living.

RasenDori
Fri, 03-10-2006, 08:20 PM
oh thank you so much kishimoto. just what i wanted, ninjas chasing ninjas through the forest. i thought just didnt feel complete with out the cliche of ninjas chasing ninjas through the forest. *sarcasim aler*

yeah... theres no way sai is dead. its too early for him and hes not developed. it obvious he will become another on the list of people naruto reformed.

Stoopider
Fri, 03-10-2006, 10:56 PM
Don't you guys remember? Nobody dies in Naruto! I beat even the fourth is still alive, living in a hut on some island with a turtle shell on his back. :D

Knives122
Fri, 03-10-2006, 11:09 PM
So I'm guessing he will eventually have to go to this island where he'll carry around milk, and do chores for other people?

Raven
Sat, 03-11-2006, 09:16 AM
Abosolutely no chance in hell of Sai being dead at this time. Like it has been mentioned before, he will eventually be another character changed by Naruto. Mark my (and many other's) words.

Stoopider
Sat, 03-11-2006, 11:53 AM
Probably just hung him there. Doesn't mean his necessarily dead... yet.

Or could be just one of his ink clones to make the wood clone lose the real (not clone) track.

ChaosK
Sat, 03-11-2006, 10:19 PM
Sai dead? Not very likely?

Although he can fake a death easily. He doesnt have any facial expressions to begin with.

I am hoping to find more about Sai's true nature and his mission.

EDIT :

Scanlation is out

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=1850.0

sites having bandwidth problems :(

samsonlonghair
Sun, 03-12-2006, 03:25 AM
It's a lose/lose situation. If Sai's alive we have another fake death to be cynical about; if he's dead we've wasted a few chapters begining to develope a character that we don't need at all.

Hakeem_21
Sun, 03-12-2006, 02:58 PM
Man i wish he is dead for many reasons,one cause it shocked me and i havent been shocked by this manga even once. Two it shows Oro is got his mudererer touch. I can give you ten more reasons why his death is good. One more is Oro got Danzou's message he dont need the kid anymore.

Im so sick of these fake deaths, one more is 10000000000 too many...

rockmanj
Sun, 03-12-2006, 11:47 PM
yea, but im pretty sure sai inst dead, because of that sneer oro had on his face. its most likely either a bunshin, or one of sai's drawings. It was probably done to slow down their pursuers (pure speculation)

dragon608608
Mon, 03-13-2006, 01:02 AM
For some reason, i think all of you guy are miss on one more possible explaination of Sai body. That is "Orochimaru create that body using his technique". Remember when Orochimaru try to retract the body from his mouth (after attack Kuuybi-Naruto with his sword)? Unfortunately, Orochimaru's new body react, he was falling to the ground, and his long neck (from the body that create through the Orochimaru's mouth) also fall to the ground seperately. Is it possible that Orochimaru using the same technique to create Sai's body? For Sai to be real death, i don't see this as a high probability. Why? Because Orochimaro just accept him as subordinator, there is no reason to kill him right away. In addition, it is not like they were in the process of the fight that need Sai scacrifice immediately.

rockmanj
Mon, 03-13-2006, 09:45 AM
well, i did say its probably a bunshin (which if oro created a fake body, would be a bunshin by definition)

Divinity
Mon, 03-13-2006, 05:29 PM
Well... I think Sai has been manipulated my Danzou and he is giving Sai to Orochimaru to use as a body for his revival technique.

Not sure who he will revive though.

Some people might say he could just randomly find a random person to use, but he could've done the same during the hokage fight, but he used his subordinates who died. And now Sai is his subordinate so I think he will use Sai as a vessel.

ChaosK
Mon, 03-13-2006, 07:46 PM
Well... I think Sai has been manipulated my Danzou and he is giving Sai to Orochimaru to use as a body for his revival technique.

Not sure who he will revive though.

Some people might say he could just randomly find a random person to use, but he could've done the same during the hokage fight, but he used his subordinates who died. And now Sai is his subordinate so I think he will use Sai as a vessel.

why would he use sai as a vessel...he has sasuke.

Divinity
Mon, 03-13-2006, 11:06 PM
Oh I didn't mean it like that. I just meant he was gonna use Sai to ressurect someone like when he used his other 2 subordinates to ressurect the hokages.

I didn't mean he was going to transfer into Sai.

Edort4
Tue, 03-14-2006, 05:52 AM
That would be a miserable end for sai without doubt. To become a dead corpse to revive someone. To be the strongest of his age in konoha to die like that...

I don't care if they kill sai instantly, but plot wise it would suck. Sai was entrusted a mission from roots lider. He was chosen because he is one of the strongest, I also remember something about smiling to inflitrate better. That all seems to have purpose that I hope is bigger than to die, with a 10 chapter life, to become a tool to ressurect unknown-dead-guy.

samsonlonghair
Wed, 03-15-2006, 04:25 AM
There is a possibility I hadn't considered before. In my cynicism I tend to expect the negative, but it's possible that some good could come from this.

Maybe it's like this...
Orochimaru and Kabuto know that they're being followed, so Sai pretends to be dead as bait. He can lure in Yamato's wood bushin, allowing Oro and Kabuto to kill the bushin and any other opponents who might be following.

We've all been saying that we want to see a good ninja fight again, right? How about a little subterfuge?

heh, 300 posts.

RyougaZell
Wed, 03-15-2006, 09:54 AM
I hope that the Sai-clone is so real that it fools the Yamato-bunshin, so they allow those 3 getting away.

I mean, I prefer them going back to Konoha and have some character development with the other ex-rookie ni... eight + 3.

And then the rumored (here) civil war lead by Danzou or something.

I mean... we never trully saw Neji, Lee and Tenten's new or improved abilities againt Deidara's clones. And the other ex-rookies only appeared briefly.