PDA

View Full Version : Name Change

Phoenix20578
Wed, 03-08-2006, 12:33 AM
Can one of the Admins or Mods please change my name to Phoenix. I relize that Phoenix is already taken by someone, so can his account be deleted? My logic is this: I consider myself a good poster, and I'm involved in alot of the threads, where this guy hasnt showed up in over two years. I will be eternaly grateful to whoever can do this for me.

masamuneehs
Wed, 03-08-2006, 08:16 AM
i absolutely disagree with name changes idea

you got a name, i got a name, we both just arrived too late to get the exact version we wanted. Neither of us were smart enough to come up with a cooler sounding version of the name to work around the original already being taken. that's life.

besides, don't we already remember what happens when you just go deleting accounts? Whoever was Phoenix will have all his posts (and threads) deleted...

What if you disappear one day and come back two years later to find that someone else now has your name? (not that strong of an argument, but...)

besides, if I was a mod and gave you a name change, then can you imagine the number of people who would also come and request name changes? Granted, you do contribute a lot and I can't even recall the last time the original Phoenix was here... but I just don't agree with this idea...

Phoenix20578
Wed, 03-08-2006, 10:57 AM
Well, its not like this hasnt happened before

http://forums.gotwoot.net/mess...GE=3&enterthread=y (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=12&threadid=16007&STARTPAGE= 3&enterthread=y)

complich8 had no preoblem giving name changes for a while (within reason). Anyway, the last time this guy showed up was September of 2003, and all the threads that he posted in were ether deleted by KRB's idiocy or just died over two years ago.

But I do understand a little about coming back and having a user name deleted and used by someone. How about sending him an e-mail and waiting about a week to see if he objects. That seems fair.

masamuneehs
Wed, 03-08-2006, 11:17 AM
at the same time as i see the point you make (about your name getting changed), i think that thread sorta shows how silly the entire name change process gets...

the problem really is that to just give you a name change and nobody else is pretty mean and unfair. If one member can do it, anyone should be able to. The problem is that people will start to change names so rapidly that there will be confusion in Quotes, older posts, quotes in older posts and whatnot. Besides, do I really want to go figuring out who is who after a radical name change? Not really...

guess we'll have to see what the GW administration decides on this one.

complich8
Wed, 03-08-2006, 04:23 PM
(1) Only admins can change account names, or alter most other account details. Currently, the admin staff is me, ciber, wilik, and terra.
(2) I don't, as a matter of policy, delete accounts. Ever. KRB's fuckup should tell you why.
(3) The account "phoenix" has 293 posts. Because this account has posted before (and fairly extensively, at that), they've earned the right to their name. Even if it is unoriginal and conflicts with your own.
(4) I'm not opposed to name changes, as long as they're not frequent. If you really really want to change your name to something unique, I'm willing to do it. But just because you're a self-described good poster doesn't mean I'm going to kick someone else off of the name you want. As a matter of policy, I won't, ever. It sets a bad precedent that I'm unwilling to set. Even if the last time they showed up was ages ago ... it doesn't matter.

So, long story short ... if you want a name change, I'm fine with it, and I'll do it within reason. But I will never, EVER move a person off of their name to give it to someone else, regardless of the circumstances. Especially when it's a name with a high collision rate (such as ... well ... phoenix, which matches 11 names on these forums). Sorry, that's just how it is.

If you want to pick another name ... maybe one with fewer numbers tacked on the end? Or l33t-ified (ie: ph0enix)? I could do that for you.

Phoenix20578
Wed, 03-08-2006, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by: complich8
If you want to pick another name ... maybe one with fewer numbers tacked on the end? Or l33t-ified (ie: ph0enix)? I could do that for you.

That's alright. Those numbers accualy has some importance to me, and I hate dealing with those numbers replace letters usernames. I'll just suck it up and stop my bitching.

complich8
Fri, 03-10-2006, 01:58 AM
probably for the best :-D

Assassin
Fri, 03-10-2006, 11:11 AM
comp is so democratic and just

<3

RyougaZell
Sat, 03-11-2006, 09:15 AM
I want my name changed to RyougaZell
its my old account, of which I lost my pass =p
and the email it had does not exist anymore =p

complich8
Sat, 03-11-2006, 10:59 AM
I've merged the two accounts for ya.

RyougaZell
Sat, 03-11-2006, 01:41 PM
I've merged the two accounts for ya.

Hey thanks a lot!!!

IFHTT
Sat, 07-29-2006, 07:41 PM
Well I have arrived at a point where my member name is unsightly to me now, seeing as how I've lost the hate for that little pig bastard. However, I've grown to like my acronym, and since I use it on irc, and in my sigwork I figure changing it to "IFHTT" would work. It shouldn't cause any confusion as most members address me as such (or tonton, which is still fine with me if thats what you prefer to call me) anymore anyways. Anyways if this wouldn't be too much trouble, I'd be really appreciative of the change. Thanks

LaZie
Sat, 07-29-2006, 07:54 PM
Well if possible, I'd like a name change to LaZie since its simpler I guess as long as it isn't taken already.

ChaosK
Sat, 07-29-2006, 10:29 PM
Well I have arrived at a point where my member name is unsightly to me now, seeing as how I've lost the hate for that little pig bastard. However, I've grown to like my acronym, and since I use it on irc, and in my sigwork I figure changing it to "IFHTT" would work. It shouldn't cause any confusion as most members address me as such (or tonton, which is still fine with me if thats what you prefer to call me) anymore anyways. Anyways if this wouldn't be too much trouble, I'd be really appreciative of the change. Thanks

Why would you name yourself TonTon even after you're rid of his hate? Do you love him now?

Also remember your aunt "Oh TonTon loves us so much" :D

IFHTT
Sat, 07-29-2006, 11:38 PM
I don't want my name to be changed to tonton, I was just implying that if people like, and I know some probably will, they can still refer to me as tonton... <_<

complich8
Sun, 07-30-2006, 08:53 AM
whatever...

mage
Sun, 07-30-2006, 02:57 PM
Can I have my name changed to complich9?

complich8
Sun, 07-30-2006, 03:58 PM
nope. You fail.

Board of Command
Sat, 08-05-2006, 01:04 AM
Then can I have complich9?

Now on a serious note, can I get changed to just "Board"? My current name is stretching the margins of my post and is just too big and bulky. I was being an idiot when I made the account.

complich8
Sat, 08-05-2006, 02:26 AM
that's .... so much less distinct!

I mean ... you're right, your name causes things to stretch ... but are you sure you'd be happy just being "board" ?

I'll do it if you want ... but I'd say that's a definite downgrade. What if we just made de-uppercased the BOARD? Probably unbreak the layout just with that...

Board of Command
Sat, 08-05-2006, 10:58 AM
Ok. I guess Board of Command works. You can take out the underscores right?

complich8
Sat, 08-05-2006, 11:54 AM
that work for ya?

RedX1z
Sat, 08-05-2006, 12:36 PM
if it's not too much trouble, can you change my name from UltxDarkRedX1 to RedX1z? basically trying to keep is short and simple.

edit to below: appreciate it.

complich8
Sat, 08-05-2006, 07:10 PM
sure sure.

Board of Command
Sat, 08-05-2006, 07:38 PM
that work for ya?
Thanks a lot.

Mizuchi
Sun, 08-06-2006, 12:55 PM
could you please change my name to

Son Goku

or if thats taken then

Son Goku Jr.

Please and thanks very much :)

complich8
Sun, 08-06-2006, 03:46 PM
That's ... pretty lame. Water snakes are much cooler than ripoffs of the monkey king.

You sure about that?

Mizuchi
Sun, 08-06-2006, 08:39 PM
That's ... pretty lame. Water snakes are much cooler than ripoffs of the monkey king.

You sure about that?

well, i know but i already made a sig for the name son goku and im not exactly respected enough for sumone to make me a really worked on sig for mizuchi

RedX1z
Sun, 08-06-2006, 09:54 PM
well, i know but i already made a sig for the name son goku and im not exactly respected enough for sumone to make me a really worked on sig for mizuchi

well, changing your name isn't going to change who you are, you'll still be you.

Mizuchi
Sun, 08-06-2006, 11:21 PM
well, changing your name isn't going to change who you are, you'll still be you.

I kno, im not looking to change my identity, but i already have a nice sig for the name Son Goku and i cant really get a good sig for the name Mizuchi

Board of Command
Mon, 08-07-2006, 12:00 AM
I am totally against this idea.

RedX1z
Mon, 08-07-2006, 12:25 AM
I am totally against this idea.

your reason being? it's not like he's asking for anything special, just a name change. i don't see any harm in that. plus, it'd be a waste of a good sig of his.

Deadfire
Mon, 08-07-2006, 12:41 AM
your reason being? it's not like he's asking for anything special, just a name change. i don't see any harm in that. plus, it'd be a waste of a good sig of his.

I don't understand this logic here.

We are to change his name because he wants to match a sig he so happens to have....

Wait a minute here; can't he maybe use a new sig, Remake that sig, edit that sig, or not use a sig?

I really don't see the point of changing a name to fit a sig because that person chooses not to be more productive and fix something of his own doing, but instead takes the easy way out

masamuneehs
Mon, 08-07-2006, 12:42 AM
this is why name change requests should be done over IRC or PM. Everybody starts thinking they're entitled to a name change whenever they see fit...

Red, your name was so much cooler before.
bOc was always pretty badass, but i can understand getting annoyed stretching the page out...
mizuchi, if you can get your reputation back to green (good god i've never seen someone with rep THAT low) you can have MY name, or any one you want for that matter...

RedX1z
Mon, 08-07-2006, 12:51 AM
I don't understand this logic here.

We are to change his name because he wants to match a sig he so happens to have....

Wait a minute here; can't he maybe use a new sig, Remake that sig, edit that sig, or not use a sig?

I really don't see the point of changing a name to fit a sig because that person chooses not to be more productive and fix something of his own doing, but instead takes the easy way out

yeah! i mean wait, that's not what i meant to say, putting the sig aside, i'm just saying he should just be able to change his name if he wanted and if that's alright with complich8 or anyone else.

@masa: what exactly made my other name cooler? it was longer and people always mistakened it alot for something else when it didn't mean that, which suprises me, because it leads me to believe you knew what it meant. on that note, i just wanted it to be short and simple.

also, one thing i learned while posting in these forums, it's the poster, not the name.

alright, i think i'm going to stop here before i really do something stupid.

complich8
Mon, 08-07-2006, 08:59 AM
I'm fine with changing names for what I think of as "good reasons" ... but my definition of "good reasons" is completely arbitrary.

I'm open to suggestions, but I tend to ignore and forget about a lot of irc traffic -- it's much more transient. Private messaging me works, but it annoy sme, and confuses people. This thread is still here for a reason: I'd like to keep username change requests in public, if nothing else so people who care can figure out what's going on.

I felt like the name changes I granted in this little rush have all been pretty well justified, and for the most part either neutral or positive changes (which is why BoC didn't become "Board" -- I felt it would be a negative change).

Mizuchi is a distinctive name. Son Goku is just another dbz fanboy, blending into the background noise. I'd rather have an ill-regarded poster with a unique name than an ill-regarded poster that's also got an annoyingly crappy name.

I'd suggest that maybe someone from the photoshop realm extend a helping hand and make the kid a decent sig. Deadfire? You seem to have time on your hands :p

xDarkMaster
Mon, 08-07-2006, 09:38 AM
Eh, I don't see why you guys care so much. If he wants to become a DBZ fanboy and lose all his uniqueness, let him. It would be his loss.

@DF: Not everyone can make a cool new sig as often as you can, and not everyone is as proficient in PS as you are. Or maybe he just really likes the sig. As Comp said, if you oppose the idea so much, why don't you change the sig for him or make him a new one?

mage
Mon, 08-07-2006, 11:46 AM
mizuchi, if you can get your reputation back to green (good god i've never seen someone with rep THAT low) you can have MY name, or any one you want for that matter...
I wonder if he's even gotten a positive rep before..

Splash!
Mon, 08-07-2006, 05:24 PM
I would like my change to be named from splash to Splash! if its not too much of a bother.

Board of Command
Mon, 08-07-2006, 06:30 PM
"Mizuchi" > "Son Goku" because DBZ isn't cool.

Mizuchi
Mon, 08-07-2006, 08:29 PM
Eh, I don't see why you guys care so much. If he wants to become a DBZ fanboy and lose all his uniqueness, let him. It would be his loss.

I dont want to be a DBZ fan boy. In fact, I hate DBZ. I just want a cool sig and I don't really remember how to use photoshop. Even if I learned again that goku sig is the best one I ever made, and I don't think I could make another like it.

(for those who dont kno what it looks like)
http://img282.imageshack.us/img282/7696/gokuiw2.jpg

@mage:
Ive gotten 1 pos rep :)

complich8
Mon, 08-07-2006, 08:33 PM
I would like my change to be named from splash to Splash! if its not too much of a bother.

That sounds nice and non-controversial.

Mizuchi
Mon, 08-07-2006, 08:38 PM
That sounds nice and non-controversial.

No response on mine? :(

Board of Command
Mon, 08-07-2006, 09:23 PM
1. That sig exceeds the size limit on Gotwoot, which is 400x100. Resize or remake it first.

2. With some practice, you can make better ones. You can definitely make something better than that.

RedX1z
Mon, 08-07-2006, 09:28 PM
"Mizuchi" > "Son Goku" because DBZ isn't cool.

well, who are you to decide what mizuchi wants? gay or not, it's his choice, so we shouldn't butt in.

@mizuchi: yeah, what board said, that sig is way too big and you CAN do better.

Yukimura
Mon, 08-07-2006, 09:35 PM
We have no right to tell him to learn to use photoshop. I refuse to learn b/c I don't like creating, so I ask others do it for me. And if he wants to name himself Goku why should we care...he could just as easily make a new account if he really wants to change, then we'd have to start neg repping him all over again. I personally don't want to have to rebuild my part of the masterpeice that is Mizuchi's rep on a new account. And anyway comp grants or doesn't grant name changes based on whatever the heck he feels like anyway.

Mizuchi
Mon, 08-07-2006, 10:31 PM
Oh well. Since the name change probably won't happen, would anyone be kind enough to make me a nice looking sig?

Board of Command
Mon, 08-07-2006, 11:11 PM
Go to the sig request thread.

mage
Tue, 08-15-2006, 10:32 PM
Oh well. Since the name change probably won't happen, would anyone be kind enough to make me a nice looking sig?
Before anyone does that, do this first.

http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=13634

Assertn
Tue, 08-15-2006, 10:59 PM
I don't think any name change that completely changes your identity should be allowed. A community isn't a community if you don't know the guy that has 500 posts because he changed his name to something COMPLETELY irrelevant to what it was before.

I think name changes should only be permitted if it keeps the person's identity established (like IFHTT would be a permitted example)

yallo
Wed, 08-16-2006, 11:50 AM
Hey Complich8

Wondering if you could help to change my nick from smilealwiz to yallo please? Not sure if this is considered something that will cause "loss of identity", but yallo is what I go by on irc and pretty much everywhere else on the internet. A few folks on this forum know me by that nick too. Well, thanks in advance!

Kraco
Wed, 08-16-2006, 11:55 AM
You should at least promise you would still keep smiling, even if your nick was changed.

Assassin
Sat, 08-19-2006, 12:16 AM
smilealwiz: you can't lose ur identity cuz you dont have one yet.

I agree with assertn about the identity thing. Its annoying when new name with 1000+ posts suddenly appears out of nowhere. At the very least, when someones name is changed thier old name should appear in big bold, possibly colored letters in thier original request.

Atleast that way we'll know that "Big_b0b_38" is infact "xX Tiny Tim Xx".

complich8
Sat, 08-19-2006, 01:19 AM
Hey Complich8

Wondering if you could help to change my nick from smilealwiz to yallo please? Not sure if this is considered something that will cause "loss of identity", but yallo is what I go by on irc and pretty much everywhere else on the internet. A few folks on this forum know me by that nick too. Well, thanks in advance!

sure, whatever :p

smilealwiz: you can't lose ur identity cuz you dont have one yet.

I agree with assertn about the identity thing. Its annoying when new name with 1000+ posts suddenly appears out of nowhere. At the very least, when someones name is changed thier old name should appear in big bold, possibly colored letters in thier original request.

Atleast that way we'll know that "Big_b0b_38" is infact "xX Tiny Tim Xx".

Agreed ... that would be good etiquette

yallo
Sat, 08-19-2006, 11:30 AM
Cool, thanks a bunch, complich8! =)

Kraco: Yup, I promise to keep smiling :D

mage
Sat, 08-26-2006, 07:42 AM
I still want my name changed to complich9. Complich7 or 10 is good too.

DO
Thu, 09-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Can I get my name changed to DO?

complich8
Fri, 09-08-2006, 05:27 AM
....... no.

Assassin
Fri, 09-08-2006, 09:54 AM
/me points and laughs at DragonOutlaw

maybe if you didn't smoke so much weed things would be different

Zati
Tue, 10-10-2006, 01:11 PM
Hi can I get my name changed to Zati ? lol I don't really like my current name I actually just made it up but then I found out its from something and I actually go by Zati anyways in some other forums and games. Thanks.

complich8
Tue, 10-10-2006, 02:58 PM
Hi can I get my name changed to Zati ? lol I don't really like my current name I actually just made it up but then I found out its from something and I actually go by Zati anyways in some other forums and games. Thanks.

sure ... I can do that

Zati
Tue, 10-10-2006, 03:16 PM
Thanks complich8 :)

Sasori
Mon, 03-12-2007, 09:40 PM
I should have found this thread sooner. On the grounds that I ended up with a name I thought up half assedly when the original name I wanted wasn't available, plus I'm not so sure I have enough posts or rep to be considered a regular here.. May I change my name to "L"? It's what I originally wanted but couldn't have because of the restrictions set in place. If you don't like L how about Erru-kun?

(I know my sig says "Sasori" already, in the mean time I could take it down and wait till Lucifus has enough spare time to change it if my name gets changed)
I'll be frank, Sasori is a cool dude and all, but I don't like him very much..

complich8
Tue, 03-13-2007, 01:51 AM
I'd rather avoid 1-letter names, and engrishifications of one-letter names too :-p. Besides, you'd have to be pretty damned manipulative to warrant the name L.

Munsu
Tue, 03-13-2007, 02:53 AM
Change my nick to Munsu, got tired of Bud and it's time for a change. Munsu is a kickass character from Shin Angyo Onshi, so there you go.

complich8
Tue, 03-13-2007, 02:55 AM
Change my nick to Munsu, got tired of Bud and it's time for a change. Munsu is a kickass character from Shin Angyo Onshi, so there you go.

ehh, why not?

Kraco
Tue, 03-13-2007, 04:18 AM
Munsu... Bauer? Munsu Bauer?

Seriously, a man called Munsu Bauer isn't going to break anybody's fingers.

masamuneehs
Tue, 03-13-2007, 08:09 AM
... i don't think i'll ever get used to Bud having a new name...

I'm not really big on the name changes. I know people pick some weird names that they're not content with later, but that's part of what makes the names interesting. I considered having my name changed to masamune (i know there's a member with that name already, but he hasn't been around for almost two years or so) or just masa. I dunno though, somehow don't think it'd be the same...

well, if it amuses the complich8, then it shall be done, and you will rejoice in it...

RyougaZell
Tue, 03-13-2007, 09:25 AM

Isn't that the red dragon from Mulan? no wait... that Mushu... my bad.

Seriously... it if wasn't for the avatar I wouldn't have recognized Bud... this will take a while to get used to. :eek:

Assertn
Tue, 03-13-2007, 11:28 AM
This "Munsu" is a stranger to me.

NM
Tue, 03-13-2007, 11:44 AM
Comp, do you think you change my name to just NM? Everyone uses those initials for my name so I figured, why not just get my name changed to it.

complich8
Tue, 03-13-2007, 12:35 PM
Comp, do you think you change my name to just NM? Everyone uses those initials for my name so I figured, why not just get my name changed to it.

apparently it's mod-renaming day...

meh, whatever.

Personally, I think "NM" looks pretty lame.

Deadfire
Tue, 03-13-2007, 02:46 PM
I could request my username be changed to DF....

Na, I will not do that for some time now.

Bud's name change was sudden though, I don't know if I ever could call him that

complich8
Tue, 03-13-2007, 03:39 PM
you could change your name to saberfire...

RyougaZell
Tue, 03-13-2007, 03:52 PM
That would ruin his personalized title though.

every forum I go people start calling me RZ... lol
never plan to change it though.
Been using this nickname since 1998... wait... wtf? Almost 10 years? oh heck...

Spiegel
Tue, 03-13-2007, 04:06 PM
you could change your name to saberfire...

and your custom title to "The former Deadfire"

Lucifus
Tue, 03-13-2007, 08:06 PM
I say go for it...

Drakeron_Lucifus is what I'm known as everywhere else. DL.
I want a name change to "Kiddy Fiddler"! =D xD

Edit: Omg, I just noticed Buds complete and total makeover. Its not right. I'm not gonna get used to this for quite some time..

Augury
Wed, 03-14-2007, 02:55 AM
Hm.. a day late. Echoing all the other voices here: Munsu was so jarring I looked around the forums for the name change thread. It's like Bud with the freaky face avatar disappeared from all the manga threads, except he didn't.

Deadfire
Thu, 03-15-2007, 11:33 AM
In IRC

<Budweineken> i got a massive hangover
<Budweineken> fuck
<Spiegel> Munsu how much did you drink
<Budweineken> humm.... don't know, maybe like 12-13 beers and one drink
<Budweineken> and don't call me Munsu, it sucks

I don't know what to think about this....

Kraco
Thu, 03-15-2007, 11:50 AM
At least we now know it took 13 beers and one drink to make Bud change his forum name to Munsu...

Spiegel
Thu, 03-15-2007, 12:31 PM
It makes me wonder why he changed his name in the first place... He says Munsu is a Kickass Character yet he hates his name...

KitKat
Thu, 03-15-2007, 02:10 PM
I have a habit of picturing people according to their avatars, and for the longest time I could only imagine Bud as looking like his crazy psycho avatar, before I saw his actual picture. He's one of the few people that's kept a sig and avatar for years without changing it once. And now, all traces of recognizability have been swept away. Only the custom title remains. I have a feeling this will end up like the case of Haku, where he changed his name to Arcness, and yet everyone still calls him Haku, or at least those of us who knew him first as Haku. Bud will always be Bud to me.

XanBcoo
Thu, 03-15-2007, 09:13 PM
lol @ Spiegel calling Bud "Munsu". Clearly the name hasn't stuck...and probably never will. I can't imagine any more regulars suddenly changing their names to something unrecognizable. Like..."what am I supposed to call you now?"

KitKat's probably right. People will call others by the names they're used to.

Raven
Fri, 03-23-2007, 09:39 PM
Wasn't Bud's original name "Mondongo" or something? I still think of him as that. :p

Deadfire
Fri, 03-23-2007, 10:12 PM
I have a habit of picturing people according to their avatars, and for the longest time I could only imagine Bud as looking like his crazy psycho avatar, before I saw his actual picture. He's one of the few people that's kept a sig and avatar for years without changing it once. And now, all traces of recognizability have been swept away. Only the custom title remains. I have a feeling this will end up like the case of Haku, where he changed his name to Arcness, and yet everyone still calls him Haku, or at least those of us who knew him first as Haku. Bud will always be Bud to me.

You picture me as a Blond haired chick that looks pissed off or cute most of the time?:eek:

Munsu
Fri, 03-23-2007, 10:17 PM
Wasn't Bud's original name "Mondongo" or something? I still think of him as that. :p

Hahaha, indeed. Back then I wasn't really thinking of staying around, so I chose the first shitty nick that came to mind.

Yukimura
Fri, 03-23-2007, 10:19 PM
I'm sure everyone who's anyone around here has seen your true face before DF...vroom vroom...

yallo
Tue, 03-27-2007, 07:25 PM
Wow Bud changed his name... (sorry for being slow to realize). That's like, so wrong. =_=
The only thing that gave me any clue at all that Munsu = Bud is the "Jack Bauer" title and insane number of posts. Suddenly I see this new Munsu guy posting in every other thread, so well, I figured he can't be anyone other than Bud.

Kitkat: Hmm actually I think Bud does look a little like his old avatar. At least, the kinda exploded hair portion? :P Heh...

rockmanj
Wed, 03-28-2007, 02:24 PM
I have a habit of picturing people according to their avatars,

So, apparently I Iook like anko? Awesome!!!:D

KitKat
Thu, 03-29-2007, 10:18 AM
Nah, it doesn't work for people whose pictures I've already seen. No Anko-face for you!

XanBcoo
Thu, 03-29-2007, 11:45 PM
Nah, it doesn't work for people whose pictures I've already seen. No Anko-face for you!
It's the exact same way for me! My image of GW users' appearances has been ruined too many times because they look nothing like their avatars.

Stop posting your pictures guys! You're ruining my imagination :(.

dragonrage
Sat, 03-31-2007, 12:49 AM
WHO THE FUCK IS MUNSU.... I know this is extremely late, but I can't believe that complich8 actually oked this name change. I mean that is a very bad decision, DAMNIT.

Bud, do me a favor and don't get drunk again or else who knows you might end up sleeping with terra :confused: .

I refuse to call you anything other that Bud/ heineken related.

Bud change it back please.... I will buy you a beer and maybe and external hd I promise possibly

/me is waiting for the "you jackass" reps...... :rolleyes:

complich8
Sat, 03-31-2007, 07:29 AM
change is the essence of life. Bud hasn't always been bud. And he picked a character that is both completely badass and pretty obscure to name himself after.

Kraco
Sat, 03-31-2007, 08:09 AM
WHO THE FUCK IS MUNSU.... I know this is extremely late, but I can't believe that complich8 actually oked this name change. I mean that is a very bad decision, DAMNIT.

I reckon Complich finds it easier to type the keyboard with fingers not too broken, so it's better to... comply with Bud's requests... >_>

Kuncoss
Fri, 07-13-2007, 09:19 AM
Don't know if I'm allowed to do this or if you still do this thing anymore as the topic is quite old. But anyway, I'll try.

Could I have my name changed to Kuncoss? I regret my username and have now finally come up with one nobody have used anywhere ( I've googled it :p )

Anyway, thanks in advance for whatever you decide, complich8.

Spiegel
Fri, 07-13-2007, 01:13 PM
It would probably be best to just make a new name as you have a very low post count. A fresh start you could say.

complich8
Fri, 07-13-2007, 01:17 PM
Don't know if I'm allowed to do this or if you still do this thing anymore as the topic is quite old. But anyway, I'll try.

Could I have my name changed to Kuncoss? I regret my username and have now finally come up with one nobody have used anywhere ( I've googled it :p )

Normally, for someone with your ... *ahem* extensive history, I probably wouldn't care :p. But I'm in a good mood today, so sure :).

Welcome to your new nick.

Spiegel
Fri, 07-13-2007, 01:26 PM

I stand Corrected! Welcome to the forums Kuncoss.

Kuncoss
Fri, 07-13-2007, 02:17 PM
Normally, for someone with your ... *ahem* extensive history, I probably wouldn't care :p. But I'm in a good mood today, so sure :).

Hehe, lucky me then :rolleyes: Thank you very much!

It would probably be best to just make a new name as you have a very low post count. A fresh start you could say.
---
Later post:
I stand Corrected! Welcome to the forums Kuncoss.
Yeah maybe, but I thought that wasn't allowed or something like that...
Anyway, thanks for the welcome! :)

Munsu
Sat, 07-14-2007, 12:50 AM

Are you sure you didn't want your name to be Kinko's?

ChaosK
Wed, 08-08-2007, 12:49 AM
Could you change my name to Spade? It's what I go by now and I feel as though my name is getting really old. (plus it's starting to bug me). So please, change my name. :D

complich8
Wed, 08-08-2007, 01:39 AM
... really?

..... really?

Animeniax
Wed, 08-08-2007, 05:38 AM
I like how kuncoss rolled his eyes at you in appreciation for you granting his request.

Can I change my name to Peacemaker? I'm trying for a new persona and a new attitude on gotwoot, and think a name change would help me achieve that. Please help me change :rolleyes: .

Kraco
Wed, 08-08-2007, 08:01 AM
Could you change my name to Spade? It's what I go by now and I feel as though my name is getting really old. (plus it's starting to bug me). So please, change my name. :D

We never paid any heed to the ancient prophecies. Like fools, we clung to the old hatreds and fought as we had for generations - until the day the sky rained fire and a new enemy came upon us.

We stand now upon the brink of destruction. For the Reign of Spade has come at last...

I don't know. Somehow it just doesn't sound cool at all...

complich8
Wed, 08-08-2007, 11:10 AM
Can I change my name to Peacemaker?

nope! :)

Animeniax
Wed, 08-08-2007, 02:13 PM
Doesn't that count as a worthless post? Isn't there a minimum word count per post for it to register? I guess quoting adds to the word count, however artificially it contributes to your contribution to the thread. You should look into changing the code for that.

This is the last time I remind you:

And stop bringing up in your posts when someone should get warned and when someone is breaking the rules and we haven't done anything. There's a report function for a reason. You keep it up and I'll warn you instead... for example "Isn't the above poster breaking x rule? Why isn't he warned? Hey prepare yourself for the mods warning you for posting in the wrong section" Those types of comments are not needed and are annoying. Use the report function, but be sure not to abuse it.
stop showing up the mods

Hikyuu
Wed, 08-08-2007, 02:14 PM
IM pretty sure he is a mod and can do what he wants >> or at least Aone staff

Animeniax
Wed, 08-08-2007, 02:21 PM
If there is no law, who will police the police? If the mods/admins don't follow the rules, how can they expect us to (without some grief)?

Hikyuu
Wed, 08-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Except it wasnt a worthless post? He said no.

Animeniax
Wed, 08-08-2007, 02:26 PM
It was worthless as far as I'm concerned. How about some elaboration? They ask me to turn over a new leaf, but refuse to help me in doing so.

So are you kissing mod ass trying to get KitKat's vacated mod position? Good luck with that.

Hikyuu
Wed, 08-08-2007, 02:33 PM
He does not need to elaborate. anyway I'm done here.
P.S I did not even know Kitkat was a mod .. I havent posted on the forum for like two years :P

Animeniax
Wed, 08-08-2007, 02:38 PM
You give in too easily.

Maybe I'll create a new account instead. Thanks anyway.

ChaosK
Wed, 08-08-2007, 04:38 PM
... really?

..... really?

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/192/yarlyei9.jpg

complich8
Wed, 08-08-2007, 04:51 PM
My post wasn't useless simply because it answered the question. I declined your request. I declined to offer justification for your request. That's all. I quoted you because the question was separated from the answer by a nonzero distance, so I felt it would be better to clarify what I was declining.

For reference, I'm an admin, not a mod. Mods can't do things like changing usernames. They also can't grant/revoke titles or make the sort of tweaks that I typically make. I try to keep my nose out of moderating in general unless there's some sort of staff dispute or obvious spam.

As far as making a new account: feel free. Heck, if you get it to a decent post count and end up somehow managing to get a positive rep with it, I might even consider merging your old one into it at some point in the future. But if you use it for ban evasion (ie: you get one account banned and you come back with the other), that's pretty good grounds for a permaban of both accounts and possibly an IP ban on every address you've ever posted from, if I'm feeling vindictive.

Could you change my name to Spade?

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/192/yarlyei9.jpg
fair enough. Done.

Raven
Sat, 08-11-2007, 11:56 PM
who will police the police?

*shrugs* Iunno. Coast Guard?

itadakimasu
Fri, 12-28-2007, 07:01 PM
name change request :

old : bbaucom

new : itadakimasu

Assassin
Fri, 12-28-2007, 07:33 PM
Sorry, no can do.

complich8
Sat, 12-29-2007, 12:25 PM
name change request :

old : bbaucom

new : itadakimasu

done

Sorry, no can do.
lol what?

Assassin
Sun, 12-30-2007, 04:59 PM
damn, i was hoping you'd stay away long enough and bbaucom would believe me and get all depressed/angsty :(

Animeniax
Wed, 01-02-2008, 01:56 AM
So what did bbaucom do to earn a name change when I can't get one no matter how much I contribute? This sux. His new name sux too.

Ryllharu
Fri, 01-04-2008, 05:45 PM
I need to get rid of the "Awesome User with Default..."

Can we go with "Recommendation Fiend" ?

It's what I seem to do the most lately.

Kraco
Fri, 01-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Go to your user panel. You can set it to whatever you want. It's your prize for getting over 1500 rep points.

Ryllharu
Fri, 01-04-2008, 10:12 PM
If I had known it was so easy, I'd have done it a while ago. Oh well.

Thanks.

Board of Command
Sun, 01-06-2008, 06:46 PM
Just wondering...what is "tsuchikage"??

Abdula
Sun, 01-06-2008, 07:09 PM
The Tsuchikage or Earth Shadow is the leader of Iwagakure the hidden rock village.

Board of Command
Sun, 01-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Dang...that sounds pretty crappy.

http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0789/1.jpg

Idealistic
Sun, 01-20-2008, 02:47 PM
I want to rid myself of leet speak and become Idealistic... Actually, my name had no leet speak intended when I was making it. I was just being the typical asian who types their names in lower cases and caps. lawl.

complich8
Sun, 01-20-2008, 04:34 PM
I want to rid myself of leet speak and become Idealistic... Actually, my name had no leet speak intended when I was making it. I was just being the typical asian who types their names in lower cases and caps. lawl.

sure, I can do that.

Board of Command
Mon, 01-21-2008, 09:05 PM
I would like my name changed to BroRapist. It has a very nice ring to it and I've used it sparingly all over the intarwebs.

Kraco
Tue, 01-22-2008, 03:45 AM
Oh. It would be sad for the forums to lose Board of Command. Such a memorable name, even if nobody actually bothers to write it fully and shortens it to BoC for convenience's sake.

Board of Command
Tue, 01-22-2008, 05:22 PM
BroRapist would be even more memorable in the days to come.

Abdula
Tue, 01-22-2008, 07:18 PM
I agree with Kraco, I have enough trouble getting used to that avatar muchless a complete name change.

Board of Command
Tue, 01-22-2008, 08:38 PM
No? You guys seriously don't like BroRapist?

complich8
Tue, 01-22-2008, 11:22 PM
I don't really like it... I think it's kinda lame.

Board of Command
Tue, 01-22-2008, 11:40 PM
You guys are no fun.

Animeniax
Wed, 01-23-2008, 12:33 AM
Yeah, Board of Command is about the most unique and appropriate handle I''ve seen on the internets.

I considered changing my name, but Animeniax suits me too well. It says "I don't give a sh*t" perfectly.

Assertn
Tue, 02-26-2008, 02:14 PM
I'd like to have my name shortened to Assertn

Just a step towards phasing out my online presence as assertnfailure

rockmanj
Tue, 02-26-2008, 09:19 PM

OH NOHES... no more Assertnfailure? What's the world coming to?

complich8
Wed, 02-27-2008, 01:25 PM

That .... fails!

... err, sure, whatever.

Animeniax
Wed, 02-27-2008, 01:44 PM
Wow that's weird how everything is retroactive when a change like that is made. It's almost as if there never was a guy named "assertnfailure" on these forums. It's like when Germany writes their history books...

complich8
Wed, 02-27-2008, 04:53 PM
Once the rockets go up, who cares where they come down? That's someone else's department.

Animeniax
Thu, 02-28-2008, 03:07 PM
So am I any closer to earning a name change? I don't want one, just wondering.

complich8
Thu, 02-28-2008, 09:11 PM
Well, since it's all hypothetical anyway, it pretty much depends on the name and my mood at the time...

pretty arbitrary, huh? :p

XanBcoo
Fri, 03-07-2008, 12:07 AM
Wow that's weird how everything is retroactive when a change like that is made. It's almost as if there never was a guy named "assertnfailure" on these forums.
50 points to anyone else who remembers PSJ's original name.

Animeniax
Fri, 03-07-2008, 12:35 AM
I don't even know who PSJ is, much less his former handle. Name changes undermine an essential aspect of online relationships and should be stopped.

Kraco
Fri, 03-07-2008, 02:59 AM

I wouldn't even have remembered he changed his name... And no, I don't remember what he used to be. I guess these name changes are pretty effective.

Board of Command
Sat, 03-08-2008, 05:16 PM
Perverted Sannin Jiraiya

You all fail.

+1000000000 points to anyone who posts NM's "picture."
+10000000000000 points to anyone (except NM) who even knows what I'm talking about.

mage
Sun, 03-09-2008, 05:55 PM
Penis Sucking Jewfag? Yep, pretty sure that was it.

rockmanj
Tue, 03-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Perverted Sannin Jiraiya

You all fail.

+1000000000 points to anyone who posts NM's "picture."
+10000000000000 points to anyone (except NM) who even knows what I'm talking about.

I thought it was Pervert Sannin Jiraiya

You fail on grammatical accuracy :D

Board of Command
Tue, 03-11-2008, 10:30 PM
I'm pretty sure there was an "ed" at the end. Are you 100% sure? I'm not.

complich8
Wed, 03-12-2008, 12:26 AM
Pervert Sennin Jiraiya. Perverted hermit, not perverted san-nin. But yeah, there was no -ed on pervert.

Anyway.... if you want to talk about people's old names or other bits of ancient history, make a thread in general discussion for it.

Board of Command
Wed, 03-12-2008, 07:33 PM
Sweet deal... I stand corrected, and so does rockmanj.

rockmanj
Wed, 03-12-2008, 08:41 PM
Indeed (even though i did think there was an 'e'.

Archangel
Sun, 03-23-2008, 02:59 PM
Well i don't know if anyone ever posted on animeforum.com but they have a great sistem there. Basically, you win points everytime you post and then u can do some cool stuff with your points like changing your name, that thing below your name ( the one that says genin right now) , other peoples things below there name, etc. Im not sure how that works exactly but i know some of the mods there, i could ask them.

complich8
Sun, 03-23-2008, 04:25 PM
Not interested. Custom titles here are rewards for various things, including achieving a very high reputation, winning our occasional contests, or just somehow deserving some recognition.

Name changes are granted by me, to people that I think have a good reason for them and deserve them. The landscape can shift, but by filtering that shift through me, we can keep it from becoming too ... shifty.

Everyplace is different though... whatever works for them.

Archangel
Sun, 03-23-2008, 04:30 PM
Well as long as they do have the option to change i guess it's ok. Btw, any idea when is the next contest gonna take place?

complich8
Sun, 03-23-2008, 07:30 PM
dunno, me and all the mods are lazyasses so ... someone's gotta suggest a decent contest before we do another one :p.

(but ... not in this thread)

Archangel
Sun, 03-23-2008, 07:42 PM
lol so where exactly is the suggetion box? Should i Pm you or something?

Munsu
Mon, 03-24-2008, 08:46 PM
lol so where exactly is the suggetion box? Should i Pm you or something?
http://forums.gotwoot.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Now stop going off-topic.

Don't reply to this post.

ChaosK
Thu, 07-31-2008, 07:58 PM
Hmm...can I get my username changed to ChaosK? Spade got negative reviews all around and I don't even use it/like it anymore.

Assassin
Thu, 07-31-2008, 11:14 PM

No...you already had it changed once.

Animeniax
Fri, 08-01-2008, 12:03 AM
Really that's up to an admin isn't it? But I agree, wanton name changes cause too much confusion. Maybe if a name change also reset your reputation to 0 and resulted in a post-count deduction, that would be more fair.

Assassin
Fri, 08-01-2008, 12:35 AM
Ya, its all comp's decision....doesn't make his reasoning any less idiotic though.

Munsu
Fri, 08-01-2008, 01:32 AM
Ya, its all comp's decision....doesn't make his reasoning any less idiotic though.
I guess I don't exist?

ChaosK
Fri, 08-01-2008, 02:57 AM
Really that's up to an admin isn't it? But I agree, wanton name changes cause too much confusion.

I'm asking to have it changed back to basically, my previous username and, IE the one that's recognizable around here...how would that be confusing at all?

Animeniax
Fri, 08-01-2008, 04:27 AM
I'm sorry the handbag doesn't go with the shoes, but there's a no refund policy here, so you're stuck.

ChaosK
Fri, 08-01-2008, 12:41 PM
I'm sorry the handbag doesn't go with the shoes, but there's a no refund policy here, so you're stuck.

Why are you giving me my answer instead of Compy or Bud? :confused:

Animeniax
Fri, 08-01-2008, 01:48 PM
I'm J. They're K. I make this look good.

complich8
Sat, 08-02-2008, 11:37 PM
Heh. Seems like my incredulity at the request was well-justified.

Anyway, I'm feeling lazy, so I'm not changing it. I'm also not making any declaration about that, just that I'm feeling lazy. I'll leave it up to ... err ... other admins to decide that one :p.

ChaosK
Sun, 08-03-2008, 02:25 PM
Heh. Seems like my incredulity at the request was well-justified

I could see you scoffing at my request...not really an incredulous request...*shrugs*.

Munsu
Sun, 08-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Hmm...can I get my username changed to ChaosK? Spade got negative reviews all around and I don't even use it/like it anymore.
Done.

If you're reading this, you suck.

Animeniax
Sun, 08-03-2008, 11:02 PM
Oh oh, do me next!

ChaosK
Mon, 08-04-2008, 12:27 AM
Done.

If you're reading this, you suck.

Oh oh, do me next!
You need a new pickup line.

Animeniax
Mon, 08-04-2008, 12:38 AM
You're just lucky Munsu wanted to show up Complich and put Assassin in his place. Otherwise you'd still be spade and neutered.

I'm trying to think up a new name, but is my rep high enough to deserve a name change?

Vorlath
Sat, 12-13-2008, 09:58 PM
Could I get my username changed to MrX? If it needs to be longer, then DrRodeo will have to do.

Also, can you check if there's an account by the name of V. Yeah, just one letter. It transferred from the old site. Can I have my old account back??? If so, then I don't need a name change. I'd be more than happy to get my old account back.

Munsu
Sat, 12-13-2008, 11:18 PM
V is still active.
http://forums.gotwoot.com/member.php?u=9611

Inazuma
Sun, 12-21-2008, 02:09 PM
Please change my username to iNaz.

I'll consider this my Gotwoot's christmas present.

Bonne Fetes to all members.

Munsu
Sun, 12-21-2008, 02:16 PM

You could at least entertain us with a reason.

Inazuma
Sun, 12-21-2008, 04:12 PM
I could but I would have to make up something entertaining and french people like me are way too lazy and smug to bother with such things :D

It's not like I'm like Animeniax and want to shed off by old skin so I could get Pos-repped for a change.
It's just that change is nice.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/InazumaKami75012/Bama.jpg

Kraco
Sun, 12-21-2008, 04:40 PM

Take the "i" from the beginning and throw it to the end of the word, and you get what was my first thought when I saw your request. It would even have proper capitalization.

Munsu
Sun, 12-21-2008, 04:53 PM
Take the "i" from the beginning and throw it to the end of the word, and you get what was my first thought when I saw your request. It would even have proper capitalization.
Heh, didn't notice that. Good catch, Kraco wins.

Archangel
Sun, 12-21-2008, 05:00 PM

Perhaps you would prefer T-Racis?

Inazuma
Sun, 12-21-2008, 05:45 PM
Kraco got me there, I would like my name to stay the same after his input.

Edit : And yes, How could I have not noticed that ...

Vorlath
Tue, 12-30-2008, 07:33 PM
So can I get my old V account or no?

darkshadow
Tue, 12-30-2008, 07:45 PM
It's still there isn't it, if you made it, you should know the pass to it, if you don't recover it.
If you can't do even that, well you are out of luck.

Animeniax
Wed, 12-31-2008, 12:48 AM
They allow one-letter usernames on gw? I'm going to create an account for each letter of the alphabet (except V I guess).

Archangel
Thu, 01-01-2009, 01:04 AM
They allow one-letter usernames on gw? I'm going to create an account for each letter of the alphabet (except V I guess).

So you can be banned 25 times? :p

Just to make sure, making an alter-account is against the rules right?

Kraco
Thu, 01-01-2009, 04:15 AM
Just to make sure, making an alter-account is against the rules right?

They are banned and the original member warned when spotted.

complich8
Sun, 01-04-2009, 03:37 PM
incidentally, there's a minimum and maximum username length that's enforced on registration. New usernames have to be between 5 and 20 characters... so say the params..

usernames shorter than 5 characters are either old accounts from the fusetalk days or accounts that have been renamed.

Archangel
Mon, 01-05-2009, 08:36 AM
Hi

Could i please have my username changed from "The Archangel" to simply "Archangel" ?

Munsu
Mon, 01-05-2009, 08:39 AM
Hi

Could i please have my username changed from "The Archangel" to simply "Archangel" ?
It's Done.

Archangel
Mon, 01-05-2009, 08:40 AM
Dam that was fast

Thank you Munsu

Munsu
Wed, 01-07-2009, 09:24 PM
Please stop with the shitposts.

Thanks.

Nadouku
Sun, 01-18-2009, 10:54 AM
Can I get my name changed to Takchiki?

Munsu
Sun, 01-18-2009, 11:39 AM
Can I get my name changed to Takchiki?
And the reason?

Nadouku
Sun, 01-18-2009, 11:55 AM
Well, my reasoning didn't get accepted, so I will ask again in a few months.

Paper
Sun, 01-18-2009, 02:01 PM
Can I get my name change from paper mache to just- Paper

Assassin
Sun, 01-18-2009, 02:15 PM
whats with the recent members having thier names changed? you guys couldn't just pick something you like to begin with?

Ryllharu
Sun, 01-18-2009, 03:19 PM
Archie and Idealistic got their names changed, so now everyone is looking for one.

If you grant both of these, you may not have any reason to deny Animeniax a change much longer.

Do you really want that?

If it is a racial epithet, horrible l337-speak, associated with a former hugely popular series (so a flavor of the month sign-up), or simply excessively long, that I can understand. But if there isn't anything fundamentally wrong with their name, I wouldn't bother granting it.

If you do that, you have either:
a) them return in a few weeks to have it changed back, or
b) have even more flooding in to get their names changed as well.

I can't say I have any sympathy for wanting a name changed when you've been here less than a year.

Paper
Sun, 01-18-2009, 03:52 PM
When I first signup I pick that name because it was "different", but I'm mostly refered by Paper, and it has a nice ring to it so that is the reason why I wanted to change it. I know i'm a newbie and usually request goes into the Sh*t files.

Animeniax
Sun, 01-18-2009, 11:11 PM
Archie and Idealistic got their names changed, so now everyone is looking for one.

If you grant both of these, you may not have any reason to deny Animeniax a change much longer.

Do you really want that?
If I had ever seriously asked for a name change, what reason would there be to deny it?:rolleyes: I guess we can't all be humdrum posters devoid of personality.

I said it before and I'll say it again: name changes undermine the social binds of online communities. Changing from "The Archangel" to "Archangel" isn't a big deal, and even Id3ali5tic to Idealistic isn't too drastic. But anything more and we might as well go with random name reassignments every month.

complich8
Wed, 01-21-2009, 11:21 PM
I could write a script for that. Say, pick 3 random people who were active in the last month and assign them new randomly generated names.

That'd spice things up ....

Nadouku
Wed, 01-21-2009, 11:29 PM
I could write a script for that. Say, pick 3 random people who were active in the last month and assign them new randomly generated names.

Interesting, what kind of names have you, or would you, come up within the Random Name Generator? :p

Buffalobiian
Thu, 01-22-2009, 04:56 AM

That'd spice things up ....

Only if they change back to who they were before after the month's over though. But yeah, it could be fun, though they won't be completely unrecognised with sigs and avatars though. Maybe the script also disables avatar, sig and rep, maybe even post count too?

Then we'll have fun guessing people's identity from their posting style :D

David75
Thu, 01-22-2009, 05:16 AM
For name changes, I remember DeadFire who wanted to be changed to SaberFire judging from his personal title.

His participation in the forums seems to have droped, I wonder if changing his name, after controlling he still wants that, could give him incentive to participate again, since I think I remember he was quite a good member.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 01-22-2009, 05:55 AM
For name changes, I remember DeadFire who wanted to be changed to SaberFire judging from his personal title.

His participation in the forums seems to have droped, I wonder if changing his name, after controlling he still wants that, could give him incentive to participate again, since I think I remember he was quite a good member.

I think he's still in the Canadian Army, which was why he left.

David75
Thu, 01-22-2009, 08:40 AM

Ok, Speaking of the devil, he just posted new sigs in the related thread.

I guess he's the one most deserving to have his name changed, but again if it is still his will and a nice and caring soul listens to his query.

Animeniax
Thu, 01-22-2009, 08:52 AM
He used to be a mod so he has some clout with the admins I'd imagine. If he really wanted to change his name, I'd be surprised if they didn't oblige him.

Kraco
Thu, 01-22-2009, 09:32 AM
That whole thing was a joke. Wasn't there some thread way back where people suggested him custom titles, or something? He took the winner, the one he now has, as his custom title. It's all due to him being a heavy Saber fanboy.

And DF indeed was a mod and he's one of MangaTraders admins as well. MT being a huge site built by a bunch of mainly gotwoot folks like Kai and Wilik (and TT), and DF and Yuki.

David75
Thu, 01-22-2009, 09:58 AM
That whole thing was a joke. Wasn't there some thread way back where people suggested him custom titles, or something? He took the winner, the one he now has, as his custom title. It's all due to him being a heavy Saber fanboy.

And DF indeed was a mod and he's one of MangaTraders admins as well. MT being a huge site built by a bunch of mainly gotwoot folks like Kai and Wilik (and TT), and DF and Yuki.

The young one (myself) asked a dumb question for old gootwooters then ;)
Sorry about that.

animus
Fri, 01-23-2009, 11:39 AM

Canada has an army? I thought it was just park rangers riding bears.

Deadfire
Fri, 01-23-2009, 12:10 PM
Canada has an army? I thought it was just park rangers riding bears.

Thanks for the shitpost.

I'll be sure to tell the families of the fellow servicemen that I know that their son lost his life so people can continue to mock his sacrifice on the account that the US is so "BADASS" and seemly the only country that has a military ever.

In other other events on this topic. My title was given to members of the forum from a vote organized by Kitkat, another mod of the time. Seen here (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=14315) that vote even had drama in the form of spam-members created only to vote for the "Jackass" custom title. Ah the memories.

My current work load has me at a state that I can contribute more watching anime and reading manga then before, MT is in a state that I don't need to interfere with it.

As for my Mod status, I gave it up about the same time Kitkat and Assertn did. Seen here in my departing letter (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=15085)Gave it up more because I didn't know what the future may hold and someone else could take my place and function. I wouldn't mind being a mod again for this forum, however I know Xanboo who thought my posts and many positive things I've done for gotwoot are worth nothing may disagree. Oh look he is staff now.

Munsu
Fri, 01-23-2009, 12:25 PM
"Jackass" that seems like something I would suggest. Did I?

Deadfire
Fri, 01-23-2009, 12:31 PM
"Jackass" that seems like something I would suggest. Did I?

I don't remember Bud, I think it was you.

edit , I still can't remember why you changed your nickname, but you will always be bud to me :p

And with this post we conclude the string of irrelevant, useless, off-topic posts. Thanks - Jack Bauer

TheBladeChild
Mon, 01-26-2009, 05:48 PM
hehe so far, im perfectly content with what I have :)

Kraco
Mon, 01-26-2009, 05:54 PM
You don't really need to come all the way here just to tell you don't need a name change, you know. This thread is supposed to serve a purpose.

But by all means visit again when you need it changed to TheBladeTeen...

oyabun
Wed, 10-21-2009, 10:57 PM
Hi! May I request to change my name to "oyabun" from "oyabin". It is the Japanese for boss or gang leader. I didn't know until now that I have misspelled it. Thanks..

Archangel
Thu, 10-22-2009, 05:52 AM
Lol it was oyabun? I had never noticed it before

Buffalobiian
Thu, 10-22-2009, 06:35 AM
Lol it was oyabun? I had never noticed it before

I noticed it, but always assumed it was spelt right, since I didn't know how to spell it in the first place.

Kraco
Thu, 10-22-2009, 09:03 AM
I thought Oyabin was the correct spelling, so I never paid any extra attention to it.

oyabun
Thu, 10-22-2009, 09:15 AM
Well yea shinta told me the right spelling for it. What's funny though is I'm an old member of gotwoot and I didn't notice it over the years and nobody told me about this. Lol! But now I really want to make it "right".

Archangel
Thu, 10-22-2009, 09:16 AM
Your sig still has the misspelled version

Marik
Thu, 10-22-2009, 09:21 AM
Every time i saw oyabin, I thought of Foxy the Silver Fox.

Nice Saki avatar and sig by the way.

oyabun
Thu, 10-22-2009, 09:28 AM
Thanks Marik. shinta gave me the sig, he also gave me the base concept for the sig, I just put some extra stuff on it.

@AA - Oyabun is the correct one. What is misspelled?

Munsu
Thu, 10-22-2009, 12:27 PM
It's done.

oyabun
Thu, 10-22-2009, 09:14 PM
That was fast, Thanks munsu!

DarthEnderX
Sat, 01-12-2013, 12:46 AM
I'd like to formally request that my username be changed to:

DarthEnderX

I realize it's practically the same, but I'm trying to consolidate my various usernames around the internet and that one is the one I've used the most.

Thanks in advance!

Archangel
Sat, 01-12-2013, 06:15 AM
That's so rad

Kraco
Sat, 01-12-2013, 09:14 AM
I don't think adding "X" to the end makes you any cooler, but if you think so yourself, who am I to argue against it?

Archangel
Sat, 01-12-2013, 09:55 AM
I'm also imposing a new rule that every time you say or type Ender's name you have to do an air guitar riff.

Animeniax
Sat, 01-12-2013, 10:37 AM
I think it's a play on DEX, as in Dexter, as in DarthEnder is a killa.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 01-13-2013, 01:16 AM
I'm hardly one to speak against it. I had a "Z" in my nick for years...

Buffalobiian
Sun, 01-13-2013, 04:05 AM
I'm hardly one to speak against it. I had a "Z" in my nick for years...

Yeah, but DBZ's actually.. you know.. cool.

Paper
Thu, 11-27-2014, 04:01 AM
Can I get my name change from paper mache to just Paper been asking this for over 5 years now i post back in 2009 about this, ive been very paitent

complich8
Fri, 11-28-2014, 04:44 PM
Reasonable enough, made it happen. Have a nice day!