PDA

View Full Version : Bleach 71 Discussion

Munsu
Tue, 03-07-2006, 08:50 PM
Raw and a sub are already out, start the discussion.

Ren
Wed, 03-08-2006, 12:39 AM
LOL... Kenpachi and his bells.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 03-08-2006, 02:15 AM
You know what would be cool? If Ishida got made into a Bountou for the duration of the fillers.

Kraco
Wed, 03-08-2006, 04:42 AM
Why can't Ichigo fight anymore? All he can do is stand still and talk shit. Even the little girl from Urahara's shop is now more powerful than Ichigo.

I don't know what kind of mushrooms the script writers have been eating, but they should find better specimens. This episode was just retarded.

lynx649
Wed, 03-08-2006, 05:10 AM
boo erns on this filler. The ep was done before i knew it and not because it was so good that i didn't realize the time was going... it was because there was so much standing still and doing nothing that each pointless scene took up minutes and barely anything was accomplished. Wow that was bad, i think mainly because we waited a fortnight for that!!?? Best part was Shinigami cup, lol agreed kenpachi and his bells lol. oh and kon's woopi coushin got a grin out of me.

EDIT: and the mushrooms they're eating must be REALLY potent lol cause they're tripping harrrrrd... dam mush can mess with your head *goes in corner and reflects on bad trip* ... seriously i was scared shitless once i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif

Ero-Fan
Wed, 03-08-2006, 07:53 AM
20 painful minutes of boredom. I'm glad I started playing a game during this episode. Even when I'd look back, it still didn't seem that I missed that much. And yeah, I wish I had those mushrooms. If these writers thought this was a good idea, they must be extremly powerful mushrooms. I could make a fortune off of them...

burnout
Wed, 03-08-2006, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder
You know what would be cool? If Ishida got made into a Bountou for the duration of the fillers.

i would agree but then they have to explane how he became 1 and if he cant return back to normal they would have to scrap him out of the rest of bleach

it would be cool if in some way the bountou give ishida his powers back in some way
and ichigo beter get his act together coz i want some desient action FAST...

knowing fillers they will stretch it untill they are behind far enough that they wont have to put to much fillers in anymore

and yes i loved the part with kenpathy and that last bell i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Lucifus
Wed, 03-08-2006, 02:49 PM
Wow...This episode was dead....I'd prefer them doing em like Naruto fillers, this is just f*cking bull, I was bored the entire episode, not one grin. but the Shinigamis cup was pretty funny....

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 03-08-2006, 08:16 PM
It's kinda sad that the only reason to watch bleach anymore is because of the inside character jokes in the shinigami cup thing that they do at the end of the episode. Oh how the mighty have fallen. Bleach has a long way to go before it can go back on track with the manga's storyline.

Darknodin
Wed, 03-08-2006, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder

yea, this is the most aggravating thing about the fillers (or knowing that they are fillers...). its knowing that Ishida won't get his powers back...

RedX1z
Wed, 03-08-2006, 08:53 PM
how many different ways could you spell stupidly boring?

i see something more horrible coming up..

xDarkMaster
Wed, 03-08-2006, 09:27 PM
This epsiode sucked balls. It's up there with that cook ninja Naruto filler. And I thought they were goin to pull a Naruto with that fart...

Deadfire
Thu, 03-09-2006, 12:25 AM
Can someone explain why I'm still wacthing this shit and not just going and reading the manga...

Seriously someone?

Ep= 2/10

oyabun
Thu, 03-09-2006, 01:01 AM
glad i stopped watching the fillers.. i heard from my friend that it is total crap, guess the rumors was true...sigh.. coming frm the same studio. what do you expect? atleast naruto fillers did not ruin the plot..

darkmetal505
Fri, 03-10-2006, 01:39 AM
I thought Ishida was going to get some booty for a second. Rest of the episode sucked though.

Kraco
Fri, 03-10-2006, 03:54 AM
Heh heh. I thought the exact same thing! And judged by his expression, Ishida thought so himself...

masamuneehs
Fri, 03-10-2006, 07:17 AM
i totally second the 'ishida was going to get some' sentiment. Instead he got some crock story about how a Quincy is going to have to save the Bountos? Wtf?

And i also didn't even think the Kenpachi thing at the end was very funny. Kon's whoopy cushion made me laugh though.

ChaosK
Fri, 03-10-2006, 11:51 AM
...hmm am i going to regret clicking on the torrent?

Lucifus
Fri, 03-10-2006, 03:15 PM
Wow...That episode is horrible, I stopped watching it in the firt quarter....

Cabewse
Fri, 03-10-2006, 06:04 PM
Japanese ghosts don't have legs, so Chad, the Mexican guy checks to see if Ishda has legs?

And why do all the other ghosts have legs, I mean, this is Bleach, thee have been plenty of other ghost before, like the little girl in the first episode... They had legs...

masamuneehs
Fri, 03-10-2006, 07:44 PM
Japanese ghosts don't have legs, so Chad, the Mexican guy checks to see if Ishda has legs?

And why do all the other ghosts have legs, I mean, this is Bleach, thee have been plenty of other ghost before, like the little girl in the first episode... They had legs...

hehe, i didn't even think about the lacking of consistency behind those gags... actually funnier than the episode was...

anyone else getting tired of seeing so many snakes? If they could spit venom or hypnotize or something they'd be a little cooler. But they seem to be dealt with pretty easily.

Assassin
Fri, 03-10-2006, 09:59 PM

the other ghosts have legs cuz they're real ghosts (in the anime). the leg-less ghosts are japanese mythology/folklore or whatever you wanna call it.as for chad, its because he has been living in japan for a while now, so hes following the mythology he's grown up with.

stop looking so deeply into the fillers, you're just setting urself up to be disappointed.

Kraco
Sat, 03-11-2006, 02:51 AM
stop looking so deeply into the fillers, you're just setting urself up to be disappointed.

That has notthing to do with looking deeply into fillers. It was just a joke with some cultural linkage. I seriously doubt script writers were really making Chad seriously check if Ishida has legs or not. He just did it as a joke. You know, the same as simply asking: "Are you sure you're not dead?" A question like that has no serious meaning. It's just a joke.

Lucifus
Sat, 03-11-2006, 11:42 PM
I have no clue what you guys are talking about, Japanese ghosts don't have legs? I'm gonna finish watching the episode, I think I'm going to regret it though....

Psyke
Sun, 03-12-2006, 08:39 AM
It's just a common Japanese saying that ghosts or spirits do not have legs and wonder/float around. And like what Kraco had said, it's just a joke.

I thought the way Ishida's head was bandaged was pretty strange. Normally you'd lift up the hair and bandage the injured part of the head, but for his case it's like the whole thing was wrapped around his head including his hair.

The Heretic Azazel
Sun, 03-12-2006, 01:33 PM
Ururu's weapon looks like a fat ass joint. That made me giggle.

Lucifus
Sun, 03-12-2006, 01:37 PM
Well, I got one or two giggles out of that ep, but still hated it. @Psyke, thanks for the info.

Mae
Sun, 03-12-2006, 07:56 PM
I finally caught up on Bleach, and actually I thought the filler wasn't going too badly. I liked the fire demon and all the snakes, and I was happy that it was a guy that was kidnapped for a change. Ishida was decent, and I liked the scene he has with the woman (who's name I forgot) where he was all serious and like "I am the last Quincy" but still blushed when she got too close. And the SS parts weren't bad. Story might be a bit overdramatic, but enjoyable enough.

suckitdry
Sun, 03-12-2006, 08:05 PM
Ururu's weapon looks like a fat ass joint. That made me giggle.

she too small to smoke whole thing alone! Bleach need HalfBaked episode!

'OMG Hollow! help!!!'

Ichgo: 'fuk dat man i sooo stoned now'
hahaha:p :p :p

Kraco
Mon, 03-13-2006, 02:55 AM
I finally caught up on Bleach, and actually I thought the filler wasn't going too badly. ... Story might be a bit overdramatic, but enjoyable enough.

Well, in principle this filler arc has two problems: The story apparently conflicts with the manga, which pisses off those who read the manga and worries others (as even those who don't read the manga know that's where the awesome original story comes from (and the Kenshin precedent is not something anybody wants to see repeated here)), and secondly the action in these fillers is clearly subpar.

So, basically the story itself hasn't been such a gross thing, if you ignore the fact it messes with the manga to some extent. The main gripe is the poorly depicted action, and there's simply no excuse for that.

Ownage Kid
Mon, 03-13-2006, 10:09 PM
Blah.

These fillers are getting ridiculously stupid. At least the Naruto ones provide semi-interesting plots. To top that off they lack plot holes, unlike Bleach.

I think I'm going to stop watching this anime. It's awful, and it's showing no signs of getting better.

Divinity
Mon, 03-13-2006, 11:13 PM
Blah.

These fillers are getting ridiculously stupid. At least the Naruto ones provide semi-interesting plots. To top that off they lack plot holes, unlike Bleach.

I think I'm going to stop watching this anime. It's awful, and it's showing no signs of getting better.

Eh... I think you got it twisted.

The Naruto fillers are horrible. The bleach fillers at least have a story that lasts for a few episodes. Besides, vampire hunting seems cool!

Ownage Kid
Mon, 03-13-2006, 11:21 PM
Eh... I think you got it twisted.

The Naruto fillers are horrible. The bleach fillers at least have a story that lasts for a few episodes. Besides, vampire hunting seems cool!

Yes, vampires with super powerful abilities like turning anything into snakes, or summoning a giant, indestructable fire golem at their disposal. Sounds like something my 10 year old cousin could write.

Maybe Dattebayo's translations are just bad. The whole thing just seems corny and dumb to me; like the creators half-assed it just to make their deadline.

masamuneehs
Tue, 03-14-2006, 02:35 AM
The whole thing just seems corny and dumb to me; like the creators half-assed it just to make their deadline.

Dude, now go and apply that to both the Naruto AND Bleach fillers and you're right on! Granted Naruto has had some better filler episodes, but considering it has also been going through fillers for much longer than Bleach that is neither surprising nor praise-worthy.

If I remember correctly Naruto was still finishing up that crappy Fuuma filler arc at this number of filler episodes. It really wasn't until the last episode of the (infamous) Curry of Life arc that things got better. I sorta feel this Bounto arc will end pretty well. Or maybe I'm just stupidly optimistic...

Ero-Fan
Tue, 03-14-2006, 08:01 AM
Dude, now go and apply that to both the Naruto AND Bleach fillers and you're right on! Granted Naruto has had some better filler episodes, but considering it has also been going through fillers for much longer than Bleach that is neither surprising nor praise-worthy.

If I remember correctly Naruto was still finishing up that crappy Fuuma filler arc at this number of filler episodes. It really wasn't until the last episode of the (infamous) Curry of Life arc that things got better. I sorta feel this Bounto arc will end pretty well. Or maybe I'm just stupidly optimistic...

Way too optimistic. Curry of life was what got me fast forwarding through Naruto filler episodes. This is what happens when they (the writers) are forced to create plot every week without a manga to leech off of. I swear, they must hire writers were their resumes say "I can write up a plot that someone else has laid out for me, but I can't write on my own". Man, I wish I was getting paid to do that.

Ownage Kid
Thu, 03-16-2006, 07:10 PM
I still like the Naruto fillers. They may be a bit boring at times, but at least they give a feel of genuine effort. Bleach fillers, in my opinion, don't.

Naruto is such a good anime that it's okay for them to go through fillers, since the main story is intense as hell. So even if there are another 20+ weeks of fillers, I'm okay with it, and I'm sure people will remain fans regardless.

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Thu, 03-16-2006, 09:29 PM
I still like the Naruto fillers. They may be a bit boring at times, but at least they give a feel of genuine effort. Bleach fillers, in my opinion, don't.

Naruto is such a good anime that it's okay for them to go through fillers, since the main story is intense as hell. So even if there are another 20+ weeks of fillers, I'm okay with it, and I'm sure people will remain fans regardless.

O_O

Sorry but i disagree with you, Naruto used to be one of my favorite animes ever and was also one of the first animes that i watched, but it started losing it's touch when the fillers started. Bleach is also one of my favorite animes and it's currently doing fillers right now, but the fillers that they have is alot more exciting than the Naruto fillers. The reason is because the Bleach fillers that is currently playing is a long arc, which IMO is a good thing. I would rather watch a long suspenseful arc then watch a 1-3 episode arc of Naruto that doesn't have any suspense whatsoever.

EDIT: Forgot to say this, but whenever I watch the Naruto fillers it seems like the writers half-ass the episode script and doesn't seem like any effort is put at all.

Darth Arrow
Fri, 03-17-2006, 01:31 AM
I think that the biggest problem to writers with fillers is that they can't really do ANYTHING interesting, because that would interfere with the main storyline. Naruto fillers have been almost complete crap with some decent eps and one fairly good arc (I think the Kaima-arc was pretty cool and enjoyed it). With Bleach I think that the fillers begun nicely, it was pretty interesting, but the "mystery" of Lilin/Ririn and Co. was just dissapointing (I mean the thing with Urahara and all, hopefully I'm not spoiling...)