PDA

View Full Version : Should I get into the Manga

Lucifus
Tue, 03-07-2006, 08:39 PM
I havn't read one single manga, ever. I'm thinking of getting into Naruto manga, but with only 5 weeks left for fillers, I'm not quite sure. So, people, would ya recommend manga for an anime lover?

Terracosmo
Tue, 03-07-2006, 09:00 PM
That depends. A lot of people find the manga to be better than the anime due to, well, stuff that I've never really understood. So if you ask me, it boils down to what type of person you are; out of these two variations:

1) The kind of person who reads the manga and then really wants to see the anime because it's great to see it animated.
2) The kind of person who reads the manga and then loses interest in the anime as a result, since the plot is already revealed.

So basically, getting into the manga will either fuel your interest for the anime even more or make it dimnish.

Try a few chapters and find out how you feel about it.

Divinity
Tue, 03-07-2006, 09:25 PM
Or the kind of person who wants to find out what happens and then tease your friends about what happens after Fillers.

fahoumh
Tue, 03-07-2006, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
That depends. A lot of people find the manga to be better than the anime due to, well, stuff that I've never really understood. So if you ask me, it boils down to what type of person you are; out of these two variations:

1) The kind of person who reads the manga and then really wants to see the anime because it's great to see it animated.Yo! I can't wait to see the animated version of the plot covered in the manga. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Lucifus
Wed, 03-08-2006, 02:44 PM
Hmmm, Don't think I could lose interest in Naruto, Unless they came with another filler season xD(Shooting myself for even thinking that) Alright, I'll give her a shot, Maybe the Zabuza Season.

NineTailsKitsu
Fri, 03-10-2006, 09:42 AM
The manga sheds alot of light on a series that may go by the wayside in the Anime, so if you like a series, there is the potential that the series may become even more so to you if you read the Manga. But then, that's just my opinion.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 03-10-2006, 12:57 PM
I'll add a little to this. I began reading the manga at a time when Naruto was so kick ass, I just couldn't contain my enthusiasm. I just HAD to know what was going to happen in the next episode.

The interest in watching the episodes diminished very little, because action is so much better animated than on paper, and Naruto is very much action packed. Also, reading the manga lets you get a better idea of what's going on in the anime (since this is the second time I'd be going over the story). However, there's a loss of surprise that occurs in the episode once you know what'll happen from the manga. I think that, if you can hold off, hold off and just watch the anime. Read the manga chapters that have occured in the anime to supplement the anime with information that occurs in the manga, but not necessarily in the anime.

Carnage
Fri, 03-10-2006, 11:44 PM
I started reading the manga after the neji fight in the anime.

1.) I like the manga better because I think they could have done things better in the anime that they messed up.

2.) I like comparing them. Just like with Onepiece and Bleach.

kAi
Fri, 03-10-2006, 11:54 PM
Well, I've always been a fan of manga, but I've lost a huge amount of interest in the Naruto anime only because it turned to filler, I like to see what I've read animated gives you another look at it, and as someone mentioned you know the storyline so it's getting it for a second time, and I seem to get things better in the manga than I do in the anime.

I don't think reading the manga ruins the anime in any way, but if you start to read the manga, make sure you start from chapter 1.

You can get the manga, and many more manga titles from the mangatraders link in my sig, have fun!

mage
Sat, 03-11-2006, 01:15 AM
i started reading the manga during the orochimaru/hokage fight and never looked back.

PSJ
Sat, 03-11-2006, 06:37 AM
The manga is alot better than the anime, just for that reason you should read it. Then again i prefer the manga version over the anime version of all shows that gives me that alternative.

There just is something about manga that the anime can't capture, you get everything served, the way they sound, they colors of everything etc. It just breaks it down somehow.

Bottom line is read the manga, you won't regret it.

Lucifus
Sat, 03-11-2006, 11:49 PM
I have caught up to episode 130, And I'm seriously liking it. I don't plan on reading past the fillers, because I want to experience that blissfull visual orgasm when the manga part of the anime starts up again. But ya, Thanks guy, I'm definatly loving the manga, and definately clarifies things better than the anime did. =)

Sariachan
Sun, 03-12-2006, 08:01 PM
Everyone who likes the Naruto anime should read the manga (from the first chapter), imho.

The manga is better for several reasons, but the most important of them is that it isn't edited in any way, of course, unlike the anime (yes, even the jp version... the target of the anime is a bit lower than the one of the manga, I would say).

I can't make examples without spoilering something, so just read at least the first story arc and you'll se by yourself what I'm talking about. ;)

P.S. I like the anime too, though, mostly thanks to it's music and great seyuu (jp voice actors).

Lucifus
Sun, 03-12-2006, 08:10 PM
Good deal, thanks, and yep, I get what your saying =)