PDA

View Full Version : Two New Negima Anime

nests
Fri, 03-03-2006, 01:48 AM
Original article from Anime News Network (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=8480)

posted on 2006-03-02 14:45:23

Kodansha Announces Two New Negima Anime Produced by Studio Shaft
On a foldout page in Weekly Shônen Magazine issue 13 (released March 1), Kôdansha officially announced two new anime based om Mahou Sensei Negima! will be produced.

Production will be moved from Xebec to Shaft and will feature the creative talents of Akiyuki Shinbo (director) and Kazuhiro Ota (character designer), the team that produced Pani Poni Dash!

Spring Edition, one of the new Negima anime will be screened at a Negima event held by Kôdansha and King Records
at Tokyo Kôseinenkin Kaikan on April 23rd. A discussion featuring voice actresses from Negima will also be a part of the event. The application coupon to attend the Negima event is included in Weekly Shônen Magazine.

Release details for the new anime have not yet been announced to the public.

Animate has confirmed the news here.

Thanks to Vitruvius for this item.

Ryllharu
Fri, 03-03-2006, 07:25 AM
They still need to remake the entire first season to fix all the f***ups Xebec caused. Not to mention all the horrible plot holes they dropped in when they changed it. Another good Akamatsu series turned to shit.

Great voice acting, all the characters fit their roles, but they screwed up just about everything else. (Things that had better be fixed in the second season)

-Terrible animation. Just in general. Series made in the 90's looked better than this.

This one bothered me the most:
-Why change all the hair colors to rediculous ones? Washed out pinks and purples and deep greens? WTF were they thinking? I assume it was to make the various girls easier to recognize, unnecessarily. Their various hairstyles are unique enough that I've never had a problem telling them apart in the manga, where colors are all the same!

-Sayo (ghost girl) appears in like every early eps of the series. She hadn't even appeared in manga where it was currently running at that point!

He's a great mangaka, but every time his series get animated, they get bastardized.

These new seasons better be good.

Munsu
Fri, 03-03-2006, 11:56 PM
I'm still waiting for that shitty group of animecouncil to finish up the series, so that I can watch the last 10 or so episodes, though I plan on reading some of the manga after I'm done with the first series.

aznimperialx
Sat, 03-04-2006, 12:08 AM
yea you should read the manga, its better than the anime

Munsu
Sat, 03-04-2006, 12:15 AM
Of course, else there would be no point in me wanting to read the manga.

Harima Kenji
Sun, 08-13-2006, 07:09 PM
I just found a torrent for a Negima OVA preview.. it seems as if it is an extra that comes with volume 15 of the manga..or something like that. I can't read japanese, so I could very well be wrong.
The animation/art looks infinitely better then the series that Xebec fudged up...
I can't recall when it takes place in the manga, but my best guess is that it's in the part where they learn for the tests, manga readers should know what I mean. It's been a while since I've read the manga (I really need to start over, I've completely lost the story) so I'm not sure..

I hope the promo gets fansubbed, because I'm eager to know what they were blabbering about :D

Another major plus that I saw in the promo: they changed the hair of some of the girls.. no more deep green for Chisame :D. Now she's Narusegawa :p

[Edit] Watashi no BAKA!! Forgot to post the torrent :p
http://www.datorrents.com/download.asp?id=13088&name=Negima%20OVA%20Preview.torrent

garylisk
Thu, 08-17-2006, 11:20 AM
Why wait for animecouncil to finish? The anime is utter crap, and was changed so drastically from the original story that it's hardly the same thing. It's like calling Tenchi in Tokyo the same as the Tenchi OVA.

The manga, however, is most excellent.

And on this subject, I sort of laughed to myself because the ads running on ANN for the negima DVD release say "#4 on the top 100 anime list voted on by fans." - I want to find all the fans that actually voted for Negima and throat punch them.

Munsu
Thu, 08-17-2006, 11:34 AM
Taken from mangaupdates:

"lambchopsil writes: There will be a new anime series called "Negima!?" to be aired in October. The director will be Akiyuki Shinbo and it will be produced by Shaft and GANSIS. This will be an original work, not based on the manga series by Ken Akamatsu, but it will contain the same characters and settings.

In addition to this, there will be a manga adaptation of "Negima!?" that will start in November in the monthly magazine "Comic Bonbon." The mangaka for this new manga will be Fujima Takuya of Essentia. Unfortunately for most fans, "Comic Bonbon" is meant for all ages, so in other words, this will not contain the fanservice seen in the Ken Akamatsu's "Mahou Sensei Negima!"

As a note, Ken Akamatsu's manga series "Mahou Sensei Negima!" is still continuing.

For the latest information, visit the AQS forums at http://s4.invisionfree.com/aquastar/index.php"

Church
Thu, 08-17-2006, 02:06 PM
Well, personally I think the anime was ok... many many problems, but it wasn't too horrible or unwatchable.

The manga is awesome, chachazero and chachamaru ftw!
(but it probably has a little too much fanservice thuogh...)

I don't really mind the hair color change that much, but I'm surprised that Asuna doesn't have different colored eyes.
Hopefully the new anime will be good yet also refreshing for the manga readers.

P.S. the whole "?" and "!" bussiness reminds me of Fullmetal Panic series where the pseudo-sequel "fumoffu" was originally going to be Fullmetal Panic? (the first season was Fullmetal Panic!) but was changed due to the fact no one will be able to tell if someone was talking about the first or second season.