PDA

View Full Version : Naruto MMO

amenasch
Sun, 02-26-2006, 09:45 PM
Long time reader of these forums but have never posted before - Just wondered if anyone else thought about this...

Has anyone ever thought of the possibilities of a Naruto Massively Multiplayer Game? I don't know if it's just me but the idea of choosing different villages at the beginning and making your own "clan" that each has it's own ability just seems to me like it could be ridiculously badass. Anyyyyway, as random as this thought was, I'd just like to hear some other opinions on this.

Carnage
Sun, 02-26-2006, 09:58 PM
I agree. But I think the game should be more like Starwars Galaxies where you make a permanent player and get hired as a ninja and work your way up. I also think this would work REEEEAALLY well with Onepiece especially. Become a small pirate, form an online crew, become a big pirate in your region of the seas, get a bounty, and become big enough to see all the amazing levels on the grand line!

Canadian
Sun, 02-26-2006, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by: amenasch
Long time reader of these forums but have never posted before - Just wondered if anyone else thought about this...

Has anyone ever thought of the possibilities of a Naruto Massively Multiplayer Game? I don't know if it's just me but the idea of choosing different villages at the beginning and making your own "clan" that each has it's own ability just seems to me like it could be ridiculously badass. Anyyyyway, as random as this thought was, I'd just like to hear some other opinions on this.

I would pay big money for that. If it came out, and cost $300.00 I'd buy it... Though, that's probably because I like Naruto so much I watched episodes 24-150 in under a week.

Anyways... there are some problems that, even if the idea were considered by a major company (ex. Blizzard):

1. The whole thing originates in Japan, and may originally be released in Japan... Idk how licensing for the game would work (for creating/distributing... etc)

2. Naruto would be considered, by a majority, a game revolving around a child's story... :-(

3. This is the age of MMO mass distribution (WoW, Guild Wars series... and LOTS more). This means that a Naruto MMO would have to compete with these games already... which already have people hooked.

THE PLUS SIDES are:

1. The art could be based on anime-style, and could be very unique.

2. Everything in the game would be unique (that is, if they followed the story-line skills closely).

3. There would be a few people who would be definately dedicated to this MMO (though, all MMO's have their dedicated players)

4. This would help promote other Naruto-related things (such as the actual television show).

amenasch
Sun, 02-26-2006, 10:05 PM
I have thought about a one piece MMO also. I can't even imagine the fun i would have with a game like that. The experience grind could even be fun if when you log on you are wherever your pirate crew that you choose had sailed to. jeez, fun i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

But yea, with the Naruto one, being hired as a ninja and doing the chores, or missions as they could be called to gain experience would be perfect. It all fits in just so well!

NineTailsKitsu
Sun, 02-26-2006, 10:40 PM
I think it would be a very interesting MMO, however I'm not sure if it would be able to hold it's own against the current MMO giants out there. Not to mention....with Naruto's budding popularity in the states among children, you can be sure that the game would automatically be given a stigma by the gaming community that would sevearly hurt it in the long run.

Rik
Mon, 02-27-2006, 12:38 AM
You guys should check out narutorealm.com. It is an upcoming naruto mmo

masamuneehs
Mon, 02-27-2006, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by: Rik
You guys should check out narutorealm.com. It is an upcoming naruto mmo

I think he was looking for something a little more professionaly done...

Reasons why I will not buy/play a MMO Naruto game:

1. It would almost definetely be every other MMORPG dressed up in Naruto terms/themes. How can they give credit (EXP) for actual shinobi decisions like Shikamaru's surrender during the Chuunin Exam or Chouji 'sacrificing' himself so that the team can go after the objective? MMORPG's are slash, magic, skills and really that's about all I've seen in any of them. A quality Naruto game would have to take in so many different elements (priority of mission, traps, running away/hiding, recon, training, TEAMWORK)

2. It would become flooded with 8-13 year olds begging for "Tsunade Heals!" and the aggravating noob shit, more so than your norma MMORPG. Plus, chances are you'd be in a party with "NaaarutoUzzumaki!1" "SassukNaru" "NrtoUzmaki!" "NarutoIttaki" and on and on.

3. Those two weren't enough? For a Naruto MMO to be good it would need to redefine MMORPGs as we know it, otherwise it'd just be very limited.

xDarkMaster
Mon, 02-27-2006, 04:51 PM
I want a MMO Ninja Gaiden only w/ Naruto characters.

Sapphire
Mon, 02-27-2006, 06:20 PM
I think I'll stick with the the PS2 game.

Tonsus
Thu, 03-02-2006, 04:42 AM
I'd think most people would play it for about a month, marveling at the fancy Naruto stamped cover thinking of how fun they'll have when you go on all the adventures with Naruto and Co. in "Nowhere in Kohona Village" before they realize that it's just another 2nd rate Korean MMO.

If I were to get it, I'd get it a year after it's release, when EVERYBODY gets a Kyuubi and a Mangekyou Sharingan *cough*starwarsgalaxies*cough*

NineTailsKitsu
Thu, 03-02-2006, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by: Tonsus
I'd think most people would play it for about a month, marveling at the fancy Naruto stamped cover thinking of how fun they'll have when you go on all the adventures with Naruto and Co. in "Nowhere in Kohona Village" before they realize that it's just another 2nd rate Korean MMO.

If I were to get it, I'd get it a year after it's release, when EVERYBODY gets a Kyuubi and a Mangekyou Sharingan *cough*starwarsgalaxies*cough*

....That last part is exactly what I'm hoping DOESN'T happen If they bring out a real Naruto MMO. Otherwise, we'll have classes like "Kyuubi Master" and "Sharingan Youngling"....Guh....

Konohamaru
Fri, 03-03-2006, 03:41 PM
www.narutorealm.com

it's in early stages but it's still active to try out i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

xDarkMaster
Fri, 03-03-2006, 09:13 PM
You're late by about 5 posts.