PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 173 Discussion

Lucifus
Wed, 02-22-2006, 09:46 PM
Downloading, let the discussions begin.

BioAlien
Wed, 02-22-2006, 09:57 PM
DB sure are fast lately to release Naruto
i will download it and watch it when i will wake up tomorow (so i will Seed it at max upload speed until i wake up)

DarthEnderX
Thu, 02-23-2006, 01:00 AM
Now that it's all over I can honestly say this arc wasn't half bad.

Next episode looks awful though.

NeoBear
Thu, 02-23-2006, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder
Now that it's all over I can honestly say this arc wasn't half bad.

Next episode looks awful though.

no kidding ill eat shit befor i watch the next episode

Vokalyzd Harmony
Thu, 02-23-2006, 02:15 AM
so I guess the awaited KG..or getting back to the storyline ..isn't happening anytime soon..i want to kill myself..or the filler writers..preferably the latter

Kraco
Thu, 02-23-2006, 05:06 AM
I agree with DarthEnder. This episode was actually quite decent. Even the fights had some dynamics and sensible action. Although it's dubious how Naruto suddenly summoned Gamabunta without tapping into the fox chacra. Despite the lousy previous episode, this was undoubtly one of the best filler arcs.

And the next one looks like total waste of time...

Originally posted by: Vokalyzd Harmony
so I guess the awaited KG..or getting back to the storyline ..isn't happening anytime soon..i want to kill myself..or the filler writers..preferably the latter

It IS happening anytime soon. We have endured half a year of fillers already. There are a little more than a month left. That's pretty soon, if you ask me.

poopdeville
Thu, 02-23-2006, 07:41 AM
This arc was a marked improvement over the rest of the filler. There were only two things about this episode I didn't like -- the Gamabunta's Pokemon punishment and Orochimaru's speech to Anko about her lacking the will to power. I could see him saying that, but he doesn't seem like the sort of person who would then talk about 'vengeance' and 'hate'. When did he turn in to Uchiha Itachi?

The animation was way better than previous filler too. The colors were bright instead of the murkiness that plagued the show before. It looks like we're almost back to high budget paints again.

BioAlien
Thu, 02-23-2006, 08:02 AM
told ya it would not be KG after this arc... too bad a gotwoot moderator came and said it was a spoiler...

the only thing good about this arc, is that we were able to see Boss Gama, the rest sucked... and like almost everyone else who saw the preview of the next episode... it look awful.

Kraco
Thu, 02-23-2006, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by: poopdeville
... and Orochimaru's speech to Anko about her lacking the will to power. I could see him saying that, but he doesn't seem like the sort of person who would then talk about 'vengeance' and 'hate'. When did he turn in to Uchiha Itachi?

You need to think deeper than superficially. Orochimaru himself is only driven by the wish to learn every jutsu (his idea of being the strongest and most powerful), but that might not be enough for others. When he's looking for tools to use, they should have strong motivation to do what needs to be done. Oro is also a manipulator; he doesn't need absolute control over others as long as they do what he wants, more or less. That is also evident by the fact he let Anko live.

So, I doubt Oro personally has that much use for revenge, hate and such (although he certainly hated the Third), but such simple feelings could be perfect in his servants - just like Sasuke proved.

masamuneehs
Thu, 02-23-2006, 10:26 AM
Leaps and bounds better than any filler arc I've seen, and that goes for any show (though I don't really watch too many with filler arcs...)

The fight at the very start of the episode was good, same with the Gamabunta vs. Sea Boss fight (though it pissed me off how Gamabunta said "It has a core where its energy comes from. So how are we going to destroy it?" I was like: Z-target the Morpha, use the Hookshot and when the core is near you slash it with the Master Sword before it can escape into water again) I just thought the episode could have drawn out the fights longer, especially Shino vs Iori (sp?).

The preview for next episode... Oh wow does it look like a stinker. What's that kid supposed to be famous for, biggest lips?

DarthEnderX
Thu, 02-23-2006, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs I was like: Z-target the Morpha, use the Hookshot and when the core is near you slash it with the Master Sword before it can escape into water again)I am relieved I'm not the only one who though that.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 02-23-2006, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by: Kraco
I agree with DarthEnder. This episode was actually quite decent. Even the fights had some dynamics and sensible action. Although it's dubious how Naruto suddenly summoned Gamabunta without tapping into the fox chacra.

Bullshit. This has been bullshit from filler day 1. Several times he's tried to summon Bunta and apparentlly, according to the little Gamas, in the past, he was preoccupied or some shit, indicating he would have been able to summon Bunta otherwise. He shouldn't have the power to summon Bunta on his own.

fahoumh
Thu, 02-23-2006, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs
The fight at the very start of the episode was good, same with the Gamabunta vs. Sea Boss fight (though it pissed me off how Gamabunta said "It has a core where its energy comes from. So how are we going to destroy it?" I was like: Z-target the Morpha, use the Hookshot and when the core is near you slash it with the Master Sword before it can escape into water again)
AH-HAHAHAHA...I thought that looked familiar. Man, I haven't played that game in years....that was a pretty cool boss battle.

Anyway, this arc overall was okay....still pretty painful though when compared to the non-filler stuff.

IFHTT
Thu, 02-23-2006, 03:04 PM
Well that was a good break from the Crap we've had, but now the detour ends and we return right back into crap. Damn I'm gonna go get high and throw myself into blissful ignorance.

Terracosmo
Thu, 02-23-2006, 04:47 PM
Well...

At least the episode had a decent amount of comedy in it. And Anko rules. Her subplot was a bit predictable, but entertaining nontheless.
Much better than the last episode, that's for sure. Overall this turned out to be the by far best filler arc.

It would be interesting if the next filler would focus on how Isaribi tries to adapt to Konoha, but hey, continunity is too much to ask for here I guess.

Oh and it was hilarious how Yoroi lost just because he turned his back to Shino. Like sudden instant KO of secret flies, biatch!

Nai
Sun, 02-26-2006, 01:03 AM
It really gives you a good image of how shitty the rest of the filler arcs have been when you actually enjoyed this one.

That Amachi turned into that ugly fishman was however retarded. I thought he was somewhat sexy before that, mainly due to the voice I guess.

Silly fishman, no love for you.

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Oh and it was hilarious how Yoroi lost just because he turned his back to Shino. Like sudden instant KO of secret flies, biatch!
I've actually started disliking Shino due to this.

Badguy: Hah! I've got you now, bastard!

Shino: Yes, you do. But wait! Two years ago I planted a secret bug in your pants! It has now grown to a fully fledged beetle of death and is currently consuming your genitalia! That'll teach you to leave your pants in unsuitable places, fool.

Badguy: ...

Terracosmo
Sun, 02-26-2006, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by: Nai
It really gives you a good image of how shitty the rest of the filler arcs have been when you actually enjoyed this one.

That Amachi turned into that ugly fishman was however retarded. I thought he was somewhat sexy before that, mainly due to the voice I guess.

Silly fishman, no love for you.

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
I've actually started disliking Shino due to this.

Badguy: Hah! I've got you now, bastard!

Shino: Yes, you do. But wait! Two years ago I planted a secret bug in your pants! It has now grown to a fully fledged beetle of death and is currently consuming your genitalia! That'll teach you to leave your pants in unsuitable places, fool.

Badguy: ...

LOL that dialogue is sig material i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

heero
Sun, 02-26-2006, 02:43 AM
this episode was ok. next episode......sigh................

nests
Sun, 02-26-2006, 03:05 AM
Ok episodes
the action stared ok but the Kyubi Naruto ended to quickly

by the way IFingHateTonTon I like your signature

IFHTT
Sun, 02-26-2006, 05:24 AM
I figured someone here would find it humorous lol.

el_boss
Sun, 02-26-2006, 06:55 AM
Ino is the new Sakura. All she can do is scream and accidentaly save someone. Too bad that ability is wasted on a woman, I bet her dad is the most sucessful pick-up artist in human history.i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Wonder if Naruto and Isaribi will get it on. Some hardecore bestiality would be in order now.

@Nai: lmao at the gnawed genitalia. I was thinking the same thing, Shino always wins on a technicality. Hes a damn lawyer ninja... or is it ninja lawyer.

The Heretic Azazel
Sun, 02-26-2006, 11:02 AM
I didn't know Naruto was actually from the Grass Village i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

masamuneehs
Sun, 02-26-2006, 11:31 AM
lol at the Shino comments. that guy always does seem to win with a 'ah, but i placed a bug on you earlier' thing. I'd imagine the water would have killed alot of his bugs.... guess they can swim and breathe underwater....

darkmetal505
Sun, 02-26-2006, 09:09 PM
geez how is the idea of a sea boss even possible?

Divinity
Sun, 02-26-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by: darkmetal505
geez how is the idea of a sea boss even possible?

It's a filler episode, anything is possible.

Anyways, the next episode looks really stupid..... It looks like a comic relief episode though? Hope it's at least a bit funny.

ShinobiNiNaritai
Mon, 02-27-2006, 12:53 AM
I was not impressed by this episode as much. Normally when Naruto calls out the Kyuubi power I get really hyped up and enjoy the episode, but in this case it just seemed to forced and unbelieveable. Besides I think him calling it here was too fast for it to be believeable. All the other times he called on it, it was after every effort he had made failed and he was emotionally affected to the max. This time around I just didnt believe it.
And Anko was not as exciting as she should have been, I mean look at her fights in this episode. You would think that she was one of the genins and not a high level Jounin. The only fight that might have showcased her talents was the one with the "cute cats" but they didnt even show that one.

I think they should have had her summon her snake to deal/or help deal with that silly jello creature. That would have made the episode more kickass.
Not even commenting on the next filler, although I know I'll download and watch it nevertheless.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 02-27-2006, 04:49 AM
geez how is the idea of a sea boss even possible?It's a water elemental. Der.

masamuneehs
Mon, 02-27-2006, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder

geez how is the idea of a sea boss even possible?It's a water elemental. Der.

I think the question might have been better phrased: "Summons in Naruto are usually actual animals. So why all of a sudden do they have this Sea Boss summon that doesn't look like any animal?"

1. It's a filler. Fillers are made by crack head closet perverts. Would you question the sanity of a closet pervert on crack?

2. It just doesn't make sense. The only non-animal summon that I can remember was Gaara's Shikaku. But then again that is a special case (comparable with Naruto's Kyuubi, which although he can't manifest he can 'summon' inside of himself in special cases) and I don't think even Gaara can summon 'Sand/Earth Elementals' in general.

3. It's an amoeba. The professor fed it crack and aborted research specimens and it evolved from just one cell into that massive thing you see. So it really is a real animal.

4. Am I still trying to justify whatever the fuck that thing was? See #1

TS8
Mon, 02-27-2006, 05:53 AM
Longshot the bastard.

Kraco
Mon, 02-27-2006, 05:57 AM
Tenten summons weapons all the time. Pieces of metal and wood, perhaps strips of leather for handle coverings. So I don't think summoning is such a strict field of science in Naruto. And a gigantic frog or snail is just as unlikely realistically speaking as a gargantua amoeba. Although it looked more like a water elemental, but an amoeba sounds fancier.

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 02-27-2006, 09:16 AM
Jiraiya explained the summon jutsu as being a space time technique which calls something from somewhere else. Most of the animals summons appear from the distant etheral realm where they all be chillin out. In some other cases as in TenTen's summons are with scrolls to bring large objects to the battle field which under normal circumstances would be to inwieldy to carry around. I usually love the sommon creatures for most of the real stuff. But the fillers have been using the summons to justify some real bullshit. Seriously the "Seaboss" has to be the laziest most derivitive summon yet. Generally I think the summons are fricking awesome I just don't want to see them become overused and turn naruto into "NINJA POCKET MONSTER"S"

Knives122
Mon, 02-27-2006, 12:53 PM
I lost count, how many more weeks do we have until the show gets back on track?

Ero-Fan
Mon, 02-27-2006, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122
I lost count, how many more weeks do we have until the show gets back on track?

I think it is 5 from this Wednesday, but now I'm not as sure as to the exact date. The double episodes have kinda thrown off my count, and sometimes I'm not sure if they count as one filler or two.

Kraco
Mon, 02-27-2006, 01:51 PM
Well, I'm pretty sure we will notice immediately when an episode is not a filler anymore... At least I hope they won't make a soft transition (in a reverse manner).

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 02-27-2006, 01:57 PM
Last thing I remembered was that the filler was supposed to end sometime in april. I think we get the real stuff starting april 5 but don't qoute me on that since I'm not a hundred percent positive.

Ero-Fan
Mon, 02-27-2006, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet
Last thing I remembered was that the filler was supposed to end sometime in april. I think we get the real stuff starting april 5 but don't qoute me on that since I'm not a hundred percent positive.

Sweet! Someone also says its 5 weeks from now. God, I hope we're right. If we're wrong, I hope we overestimated rather then underestimated how many fillers are left.
If they make a transistion, that's fine with me, as long as its only one episode long and involves putting Naruto back in a hospital bed.

MASTA-OF-DISASTA
Tue, 02-28-2006, 01:40 PM
Yo guys, howdie.

but anyways, just watched the latest ep ( wasnt to bad). and i must say that i am dissapointet that kishi actually helps these cocksucking-nazi-stalin-gotohell-fillerwriters.

all of the orochimaru shit effects the main story afterall. we got alot of character development on orochi here.
we never saw orochi flip out like this before,

i found him to be frigging bizar, i mean i never knew he was that twistet?

so i quess kishi actually follows closely what happens in the fillers, because this seemed to me that it really affected the main story-line

could be me talking bullshit, could be kishi being very very lazy.

just my 50 cents

Kraco
Tue, 02-28-2006, 01:52 PM
What are you talking about? All we saw was Orochimaru and Sasuke visiting some forgotten, inconsequential island. And a few Anko flashbacks. If Kishimoto ever intended to tell more about Anko's past, then you might be right. However, it's not like Anko is any central character in the series like Kakashi, for example. This might very well have been the most prominent history of Anko we were (not) ever supposed to get.

And I didn't see any particular Orochimaru character development. He was the same old Oro: Manipulating and laughing at people, and not caring for anybody but himself.

This filler arc certainly didn't do anything to change the fact fillers have zero impact on the main storyline, in my opinion.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 03-01-2006, 02:10 AM
For those that care, DB keeps a running count of remaining fillers in the opening credits of their subs every week. It's towards the end.

It's 6 btw.

nests
Wed, 03-01-2006, 03:38 AM
Think again

Originally posted by: Leafninja.com

Word by way of Anime News Network (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=1825&page=25), here are the titles for upcoming anime:

3-15-06 Episode 176: Zig Zag Run! Chase, Chased, Mistaken
3-22-06 Episode 177: OH?! Please, Mister Postman
3-29-06 Episode 178: Encounter, The Boy Named "Hoshi"

Episode 179 was figured to be the start of the Kakashi Gaiden, but the title for 178 certainly does not sound like a title pointing to the end of the first part of the series. Hopefully that means 179 will incorporate the last few bits that were in the last normal manga chapter, before Kakashi Gaiden officially begins.