PDA

View Full Version : Them or Me?

AlterEgox5
Mon, 02-20-2006, 01:38 AM
Ok, so I wanted to download Naruto #150 because that's all I need as of right now. I don't want to download all 126-150 because I already have 126-149. So after doing a search I found dattebayo and *joy* they had 150 all by its lonesome. Problem? It's not downloading. Now that's the thing - I didn't know if I should post in the BitTorrent Support area or the Anime Support because my BitTorrent is working - I'm downloading two other things as we speak. Dattebayo claims that their files all work and when I went to isohunt.com there are at least 40 some seeders and a number of leechers on the exact same file. My firewalls are cool with BitTorrent so that's not a problem. It seems like it's not connecting with anyone seeding the dattebayo file at all. I've emailed them about this because I am totally baffled, but who knows, they might ban me for asking a question they think is stupid. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

So what's the trick? Am I missing the special, magical word that will get things to work right between myself and the file of dattebayo?

NT

masamuneehs
Mon, 02-20-2006, 05:27 AM
two things:
1. What Bittorent program are you using?
2. Whatever it is, get rid of it and use UTorrent.

With utorrent you can DL the torrent for 126-150 and unselect all the other episodes, thus enabling you to jump onto the bigger group and only DL the episode you want.
If that doesn't work then there's probably something else wrong, and its probably on your end.

Also, welcome to the forums and good job posting this in a Support section (tho I wonder if this should be moved to BT support, Anime DL or what.... oh well, least its not cluttering up the rest of the place)

AlterEgox5
Mon, 02-20-2006, 10:48 AM
I'm using (well I guess it's the original) BitTorrent 4.4.1 the most updated one (still downloading two other torrents find and dandy. And yeah, I saw that they had uTorrent up there at Dattebayo and logged that away into my little tech file in my brain just in case. But if I get that, what will it do with the other two I'm trying to get? I had thought that the files needed to have a .sfv one with them to hook back up and one of them doesn't have that. Hmm... Or I could just wait the *checks* 18 days. Haha.

And thanks for the welcome, and yeah, I suppose it could very well go into one of the other spots, but I had no idea which it fit into correctly so I just went for the random support spot. ^_~ Maybe that makes me one of the few newbies that actually knows how to use a forum *muahahaha*

NT

darkmetal505
Mon, 02-20-2006, 01:18 PM
yes start with utorrent which will allow you to pick which episodes you would like to download.

it can be found here: Utorrent (http://www.utorrent.com/download.php)

With this you should be able to use the Aone torrent

found here: Aone 125-150 (http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/%5BAonE%5D_Naruto_126_150.torrent)

AlterEgox5
Mon, 02-20-2006, 09:35 PM
Well I still dunno what Dattebayo is doing, but I got uTorrent and did what you said - thanks for the info! Didn't know it could do that. ^_^

NT

naruto=pwnage
Sat, 03-18-2006, 04:17 PM
doesn't Azureus do the same thing? I have that. and I can double click on the torrent file and then I click files and deselect all the eps I don't want to download. but heck I'm a newb, so what do I know?

darkmetal505
Sat, 03-18-2006, 04:29 PM
doesn't Azureus do the same thing? I have that. and I can double click on the torrent file and then I click files and deselect all the eps I don't want to download. but heck I'm a newb, so what do I know?

yea, many of BT clients that are the original have that feature, such as Bit Comet, Azureus, Bit Tornado, utorrent, Bit Lord, etc.

Its just utorrent is really small and very handy.

naruto=pwnage
Sat, 03-18-2006, 04:48 PM
care to elaborate on that?

darkmetal505
Sun, 03-19-2006, 01:40 PM
care to elaborate on that?

nothing much to elaborate. Heres an example of BitComet's feature of selecting which episodes you would like in a batch.

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/9273/bitcomet1rg.jpg

in the dialog box, you see check marks on the left side of the file, if its there the episode will download, if deselected, it will not.

kAi
Sun, 03-19-2006, 09:31 PM
Check the BT sticky thread, it has stuff like this on Bit Tornado and uTorrent.