PDA

View Full Version : Manga Spoilers

xDarkMaster
Sat, 02-18-2006, 10:51 AM
As we all know Luffy went into Gear 2 in the fight with Blueno (I think...). I have heard a lot of theories and discussions about this in other places. I thought I would start a topic here for all of us to discuss the possibilities.

So far I have heard 4 theories.

1) When we saw luffy fight blueno we saw him use gear two, but we really don't know what that means. Bleuno said that luffy was using soru to move. What if 2nd gear is a way for luffy to use soru one of the 6 techniques used by the cp9 AND there are other gears that let luffy some how use the other techniques by minipulating his gomu gomu poower. When he was fighting blueno he said that he was going to show him something speacil, but than blueno pasted out. When he did this he was bititng his thumb. What if that thumb thing was some way for him to use the technique that makes your finger like a bullet, ( i forget the name) So luffy was about to use a pumped up finger bullet thing and it is possible for him to use all the other 6 techniques using gear two or other gears! what do u all think

2) I have my own theory about the gears. I first saw Luffy going up a gear and I think I saw what he was doing. When I saw discussion, they said he was "throwing air." After hearing about the theories vulcanization and increased plasticity I think I came up with a good theory myself.

When we see Luffy go up a gear, he creates incredible amounts of heat to take off a reaction in his rubber like body, causing his body to become several times more elasticy.

You can see Luffy's legs compressing, possibly an effect of the process. It would make sense since it would be needed.

Here's what I think happened:
Luffy put his hands into a position to snipe Blueno. When he actually attacks, we can see that Blueno gets hit in the face but we don't see Luffy stretch. Now, he did not actually push air from his fist. He basically did a Pistol so fast that it could not be detected by the human eye. Luffy's body was so elastic that it both STRETCHED and RETRACTED at nearly ten times the normal speed. That's why you see the little smoke hole in the air when he does a Jet Pistol. He basically punched so fast that it broke through a barrier. This is also why Luffy hit Blueno even though he used soru to dodge. The increased stretching speed allows him to hit fast objects. The retraction speed makes it so that even though he shot out his hand so fast, the retraction was just a fast so you don't see the punch anymore, but you see its effects.

In the next page, you see his limbs disappear. It's because of the increased elasticity of his body. You never see him stretch or his punch actually reach Blueno.

This also explains why Luffy can use soru. Luffy basically did Gomu Gomu no Stamp 10 times on the ground, enabling him to move just as fast as Blueno using soru.

Finally, he uses Jet Bazooka. He manages to hold out his arms for a second longer so that he actually see the stretch. However, if there is that much elasticity and you let go at a very moment where the tension is greatest, like in a rubber band stretched several feet, the force is extremely powerful. It was a bazooka at nearly 10 times regular strength. Plus we never see his limb actually touch. The rebound was too fast.

However, it is just a theory. If I'm correct, Gear 3 may actually allow Luffy to use fire based attacks. If he does heat himself up to create extra elasticity, then it is possible in an anime way that Luffy could heat himself to the point in which he actually catches on fire. At that point, he could probably use "Gomu Mera no Jutsu" or "Rubber Flame Techniques". It's just a theory of course.

When the fight actually gets animated, then we'll finally understand what Gear 3 in about.

3) think that it has something to do with the dials!
gear is like a machine, or something like that, and before he startt using the gear, we sim things tha has shapes just like dials going up trough his legs.. so somehow hi put those shells (dials) inside his body... another clue that he gives is when he uses the pistol... he says: JET PISTOL... i think he was using the jet dial to improve his velocity. the other gears he uses may be other kinds of dials, and one of them makes smoke, thats why there is smoke when he is fightning Blueno...

4) it was translated wrong and you're all getting wound up over nothing. Myabe it's supposed to be a phrase like him saying "time to step it up a notch" or something like that..

Note: None of these were written by me and were taken off of another message board.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 02-19-2006, 02:32 AM
You know, the fact that you put a question mark after the word spoilers is incredibly obtuse of you.

If there is even a sliver of doubt that this post was full of spoilers makes you...I'm gonna go with...retarded. Yeah, retarded. I been using that alot recently. It works well here.

What you have is not "Spoilers?" it's "definatly manga spoilers in here".

Jadugar
Sun, 02-19-2006, 02:53 AM
@ xDarkMaster :

Just change the name of the thread to "Manga Spoilers" and sub caption to "Discuss wild theories and guesses".

xDarkMaster
Sun, 02-19-2006, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder
You know, the fact that you put a question mark after the word spoilers is incredibly obtuse of you.

If there is even a sliver of doubt that this post was full of spoilers makes you...I'm gonna go with...retarded. Yeah, retarded. I been using that alot recently. It works well here.

Sheesh, you don't have to be so rude about it. And using the word retarded isn't cool, one of my cousins is retarded.

Thanks for the help Jadugar.

Carnage
Sun, 02-19-2006, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by: xDarkMaster

Sheesh, you don't have to be so rude about it. And using the word retarded isn't cool, one of my cousins is retarded.

Thanks for the help Jadugar.

Dont worry, he's always like that.

I just hope the Onepiece wont become " Hahahaha, I can go to gear 2."

"Oh yeah? well I can go to Gear 3!"

"OH YEAH, I CAN GO TO GEAR 50,000,000"

SUPER SAIYAN!

6Zabuza9
Mon, 02-20-2006, 02:28 AM
then super saiyan 2-99

then FUSION HA!!!!!

imagine zoro and luffy doing the fusion dance and fuse

Jadugar
Mon, 02-20-2006, 02:56 AM
I am looking forward to Nami and Ussop's new weapons.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 02-20-2006, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by: xDarkMasterSheesh, you don't have to be so rude about it. And using the word retarded isn't cool, one of my cousins is retarded.
You, your just lucky I'd already been spoiled by all that stuff because I once went to Arlong Park for 30 seconds(I fucking hate that board. There's more spoilers in one person's sig than there is on this whole board), or I would have had to uppercut you in the taint.

xDarkMaster
Mon, 02-20-2006, 10:21 AM

Originally posted by: xDarkMasterSheesh, you don't have to be so rude about it. And using the word retarded isn't cool, one of my cousins is retarded.
You, your just lucky I'd already been spoiled by all that stuff because I once went to Arlong Park for 30 seconds(I fucking hate that board. There's more spoilers in one person's sig than there is on this whole board), or I would have had to uppercut you in the taint.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c8/xDarkMaster/19.gif

Yeah, I wonder what dials are gonna be used by Nami

DarthEnderX
Mon, 02-20-2006, 04:04 PM
Probably exactly the same 3 as she had in the Clima Tact before, only since it's dials, they'll be ALOT more powerful.

Before, the tact made, what, heat, cold and electricity right? She probably has those three dials. We know there's a heat dial. I haven't seen the Enel fight but I imagine he's got lightning dials, even if he is a DF user. I don't remember seeing a cold dial but I wouldn't be surprised if there was one.

And she'll use them just like she did the clima tact, combining them to make weather effects, only now they'll be HUGE!

xDarkMaster
Mon, 02-20-2006, 04:32 PM
But she won't have to blow into the tubes anymore. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Mr.X
Mon, 02-20-2006, 08:13 PM
kaku and calipha get DF powers. Calipha definately got the Man Man Fruit if she's facing off with Sanji.

Deblas
Mon, 02-20-2006, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by: Mr.X
kaku and calipha get DF powers. Calipha definately got the Man Man Fruit if she's facing off with Sanji.

Problem is. Chopper already ate it.

Phoenix20578
Mon, 02-20-2006, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by: Deblas

Originally posted by: Mr.X

Problem is. Chopper already ate it.

I believe Chopper ate Hito Hito Fruit aka Human Human Fruit...

Deblas
Mon, 02-20-2006, 08:35 PM
He did. But Mr. X said that Calipha ate the Man Man fruit. But what species does that belong too? Human. And that fruit has already been eaten by Chopper.

Also, there aren't any gender zoan type fruits. It just changes them to an animal.

Phoenix20578
Mon, 02-20-2006, 08:49 PM
I think Calipha might eat the Hot Hot Fruit, make her even hotter and Sanji won't be able to do shit i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Mr.X
Mon, 02-20-2006, 09:00 PM
Fine!!! She ate the Hair Hair Fruit. She'll have a beard and hairy legs!

DarthEnderX
Mon, 02-20-2006, 10:09 PM
The best day ever is gonna be the day when Hat eats a DF!