PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 172 Discussion

darkmetal505
Wed, 02-15-2006, 08:43 PM
it was out, and no one made a discussion thread

DB - Naruto 172 (http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/n172.torrent)

Necromas
Wed, 02-15-2006, 10:23 PM
It helps to link to the sub in the discussion thread as well.

Jeff_from_MD
Wed, 02-15-2006, 10:42 PM
jesus. They used the exact same scenes of Naruto summoning the Kyubi from...what was it, the gamabunta episode?

darkmetal505
Wed, 02-15-2006, 10:47 PM
watched it, episode sucked as usual. What the hell was that fire jutsu that Yoroi used?! The animation sucked also.

Originally posted by: Necromas
It helps to link to the sub in the discussion thread as well.

thats what the release thread is for, but ill do it

Highlights of ep:

The kaima can use water gun, pretty sweet. Naruto also bitch slaps someone.

Necromas
Wed, 02-15-2006, 10:49 PM
Generally people always posted the sub link in the discussion topic, so that when you saw a discussion topic you knew the sub was released and didnt have to keep checking the raw release thread.

For some reason in these past episodes people havent linked the sub in the discussion topics.

fahoumh
Wed, 02-15-2006, 11:13 PM
The episode started off with them running in the cave but NOT with their arms hanging back. I was hoping the animators would stop doing the gay short runs with the arms all the way back....but I should have known better. As soon as they got out of the cave, they ran like 5 feet to the water with their arms held out to the back. Boo-urns.

Aeon
Thu, 02-16-2006, 12:57 AM
watched it, episode sucked as usual. What the hell was that fire jutsu that Yoroi used?! The animation sucked also.

It wasn't really fire, just genjutsu. Anyways I liked this ep and I bet Shino finds a cheap way to win his fight like after he gets beat up he'll mention that he slipped some bugs on the kunai that stabbed the guy in the beginning.

Sparhawk
Thu, 02-16-2006, 01:28 AM
Holy shit! Naruto actually went foxboost. My dick hardened over diamond when he was at the fox and I screamed silently YES! YES! First time in filler he uses fox. I just hope that in next ep they won't fuck up the whole fox thing up i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

David Craft
Thu, 02-16-2006, 02:06 AM
indeed. All I have to say is About Damn Time!

only other time was the bug ep but he didnt actualy "do" anything.. he just got "the eyes"

Ah well he better actualy "do something" next ep. He is completly useless otherwise in this ep...

I dont understand.... He was able to go toe to toe with Neji even before he used the fox's power (and only used it when neji blocked all his chakra) all the way back in the chuunin exam.... and now he couldnt get one punch off... his tactics SUCKED. Hes suposed to GET BETTER *sighs*

But for a filler this arc still isnt half bad... long as they dont screw up next time...

*Ninja Edited*

DarthEnderX
Thu, 02-16-2006, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by: Necromas
Generally people always posted the sub link in the discussion topic.Those people are all retarded. Release has it's own thread. 99% of the time its the one below the descussion thread. Only retards can't navigate betwixt the two. What's also retarded is making the discussion thread, before you've seen the episode and are able to discuss it, for no other reason than to be the thread starter.

Was a good episode again sans the filler animation. And yeah, he went fox. Amazing.

I'm kinda hoping Anko releases her seal at some point in this arc.

nests
Thu, 02-16-2006, 03:48 AM
The fiilers were going so good but then they had to ruin this arc with the crappiest animation and action I have ever seen.
This episode could have been saved if it had at least decent action.

from the looks of the preview it looks like at least the animation is back to acceptable levels, but after seeing this episode, wich was packed with horrible looking action, I'm not sure if this production team can do decent action scenes with out the help of Kishimoto or the guy who did the Naruto vs Sasuke fight.

I guess my point is that the action in this episode and any other episode in the fiilers SUCKS MAJOR ASS.

Kraco
Thu, 02-16-2006, 04:52 AM
This arc hasn't had that dynamic and good action at all, and this episode which relied on action, as it got little else, was thus disappointing. Anko fought totally miserably. Naruto didn't even try to fight seriously before getting trapped by the gargantua amoeba. I wonder why they were unable to create good action, when the plot otherwise wasn't bad at all.

Well, maybe the next ep will be better with Gamabunta and all...

Yukimura
Thu, 02-16-2006, 06:17 AM
The only good part of the episode

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d152/Yukimura-San/NarutoWaterNutShot.jpg
BOOM! nutshot

It seems filler Naruto has regressed to around Chunnin test part 2 (the forest part). He can't do shit but has lots of raw energy and heart...He's even scared of the Kyuubi again, last time he was there he was telling that thing who was boss, now he's a little chicken. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Give me the real story, manga be praised!

el_boss
Thu, 02-16-2006, 08:43 AM
I always get so hyped when they play the metal song "need to be strong", damn it even sends chills down my spine. I thought that they succeded well in weaving in the SSJ naruto, oops I meant kyuubi-boost. It was great fun when Naruto bitch-slapped Isaribi.

BioAlien
Thu, 02-16-2006, 09:16 AM
finally, it was about time he release kyubi power!
also, the animation sucked, they used scene from other episode...

also wtf.. everytime naruto seem to use the power of the kyubi, none of those little worthless brats see him(other ninja).. i'm sure Ino and Shino won't even know what happen...

also about the next episode.. why why! why naruto fucking waste his chakra to summon a damn frog!!!! why can't he just beat the shit out of the bad guy with his fist!

Ero-Fan
Thu, 02-16-2006, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by: BioAlien
also wtf.. everytime naruto seem to use the power of the kyubi, none of those little worthless brats see him(other ninja).. i'm sure Ino and Shino won't even know what happen...

They can't let anyone see him use it, since if they did, it might ruin the storyline for the post-filler Naruto. What, you want something to piss us all off like Bleach just did? Decent episode, but like others said the animation blew. Why can't they just animate it well? I could deal with no storyline if the animation was better. Oh, well. 7 or 8 more weeks, woot!

BioAlien
Thu, 02-16-2006, 09:27 AM
ya you are right... but its stupid... how come they don't sense the demonic chakra...

yay KaioKen Naruto (look he is flying!)
http://img499.imageshack.us/img499/4853/supersayen5yg.jpg

those who don't know what KaioKen is...
http://www.angelfire.com/dc/powerlevels/KaioKen.jpg

MFauli
Thu, 02-16-2006, 09:32 AM
Just NO @ fish-man-transformation´s design XD

And HOW WEAK is Anko ?!? Being defeated by the boss enemy...one would think, as a Jounin, your´re aware, when a filled bottle is thrown at you.....meh...

But, well, seems, like the next episode will end this arch....what´s next? Something already known?

Vesfor
Thu, 02-16-2006, 09:34 AM
After watching this episode and the preview for the next there is only one word left in mi mind... fanservice!
Sure there are no panty shots or whatsoever [...] but the plot doesn't matter any more, nor the reason why they make Anko seem to be weaker than even Isaribi, nor why Naruto can't land a straight hit to such a pathetic guy. All for the sake of seeing the Kyuubi and Gamabunta once again. I guess that's the most we can expect from filler, but even so it has been the best filler arc so far... Just hold on for 7 more weeks...

Ero-Fan
Thu, 02-16-2006, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by: BioAlien
ya you are right... but its stupid... how come they don't sense the demonic chakra...

Well, the only one I would expect to be able to sense it would be Anko. Sakura has never been able to sense it before. Even if she did, she probably wouldn't associate it with the kyubi (since she prob doesn't know what that is). Besides, this time he's in more control of it then, say, like during the Haku fight. So maybe it's more like the time against Neji in the chuunin exam, where it seemed only the fourth knew it was the kyubi's chakra. Eh, whatever, its filler. I have no idea what they were thinking. Stupid filler writers.

masamuneehs
Thu, 02-16-2006, 09:59 AM
Really awful episode.

I felt like this episode was the exact opposite of the Curry of Life final episode. That arc was horrible, animation and story wise, all the way until its last episode. This arc was pretty good as far as animation and story goes, right up until this episode.

Anko got owned. Naruto is an absolute worthless piece of trash. Shino isn't doing well.

I guess I just can't get over Konoha ninjas doing well at one time in the series and then getting their asses whooped a minute later.

Naruto_Fan
Thu, 02-16-2006, 10:02 AM
yea...i just can't believe there's only 7 more weeks left of this junk. at least there were a few good scenes here and there during the filler season of naruto (anime)...

fahoumh
Thu, 02-16-2006, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs
Really awful episode.

I felt like this episode was the exact opposite of the Curry of Life final episode. That arc was horrible, animation and story wise, all the way until its last episode. This arc was pretty good as far as animation and story goes, right up until this episode.

Anko got owned. Naruto is an absolute worthless piece of trash. Shino isn't doing well.

I guess I just can't get over Konoha ninjas doing well at one time in the series and then getting their asses whooped a minute later.

I could not have said it any better....there really is a number of inconsistencies associated with the filler. Who the hell's writing them?

Aramis
Thu, 02-16-2006, 10:37 AM
back to the suckage, huh? not a big suprise, really...
they should be careful what they put in fillers though. the bad guy just summoned some self-aware elemental entity? the variety of summonable creature families just raised by a lot. i thought they were limited to animals...

Naruto_Fan
Thu, 02-16-2006, 10:49 AM
i'm just wondering how they're going to connect this to the kakashi gaiden and then part 2. i mean most of us here know how awesome naruto's storyline gets, but the filler has been and still is detracting people from watching naruto. i'm just glad that it's almost over...

tony the tiger mizuki, cowboys & ghosts, fish-monsters, baka-brothers, curry arc, naruto using rasengan to make noodles....lotz of lame stuff and animation quality in a lot of those episodes were soo bad.

Ero-Fan
Thu, 02-16-2006, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by: Naruto_Fan
i'm just wondering how they're going to connect this to the *********** and then part 2. i mean most of us here know how awesome naruto's storyline gets, but the filler has been and still is detracting people from watching naruto. i'm just glad that it's almost over...
Edited by Ero-Fan.

I thought we weren't supposed to mention that anymore. Quite frankly, they don't have to connect it at all. I think most people don't care what they do to get back to the main storyline, as long as they do it. I for one will just skip all filler when I rewatch it, and that will probably be good enough a transition for me.
Edit: I found it in the last discussion(episode 171) Not sure if quoting the mods edit will be a spoiler or not, but its on the scond page.

Honinbou
Thu, 02-16-2006, 11:33 AM
I always think it is awesome when naruto turns to his inner monster in those empty chambers..
its just a pity that it doesn't happen every time when he turns into the fox... I think this is actually a nice filler.. maybe also because bleach is busy with bad stuff i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Ero-Fan
Thu, 02-16-2006, 11:39 AM
Yeah, I'm almost glad both series are sucking at this filler thing. I decided to try and catch up in One Piece. Sigh, I can't wait till fillers are over though. Are they supposed to end on April 5th? I can't remeber if we had an exact date or not. And I hope they salvage the mess that has become Bleach's storyline.

Sentenal
Thu, 02-16-2006, 08:34 PM
Anko got noobed, Naruto sucked. This episode's only saving grace was Naruto going 9-Tails Naruto. The next episode has to be great, though. Gamabunta will be in it. His mere presense makes episodes many times better than what they actually are.

Lefty
Thu, 02-16-2006, 08:37 PM
I feel like rinsing my eyes wiht gas to wash away how bad this ep was. I want kakashi gaiden right god damit.

Terracosmo
Thu, 02-16-2006, 08:59 PM
Well, this arc went downhill right about now. Anko getting owned, stuff getting generally sucky... and MUST EVERY FILLER HAVE A MONSTER?

Darknodin
Thu, 02-16-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
MUST EVERY FILLER HAVE A MONSTER?

isn't that true for the last arc (non-fillers)? there are LOTS of em.

Phoenix20578
Thu, 02-16-2006, 10:03 PM

Yes, unfortunetly And yes, this arc went right down the drain.

Deadfire
Fri, 02-17-2006, 12:13 AM

Chalk that one up in to the list of things that make a naruto filler. I started watch the filler again because of this arc and bam, they give me this crap. I mean how hard is it to make a decent story to cover like 7 eps?

mr3vi1m0nk3y
Fri, 02-17-2006, 12:20 AM
this arc went to hell. this eps sucks so much. did anyone else notice that they reused the scenes where naruto first met kyuubi when jiraiya threw him off the cliff?

Assertn
Fri, 02-17-2006, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by: mr3vi1m0nk3y
this arc went to hell. this eps sucks so much. did anyone else notice that they reused the scenes where naruto first met kyuubi when jiraiya threw him off the cliff?

Read the first page.

This episode was painful, and I hardly find this situation to be gamabunta-worthy. Eh, w/e.
Also, shino's bugs must've suffered 2 million casualties from naruto's tidal wave at the end.

Psyke
Fri, 02-17-2006, 03:46 AM
Endure, people. We're almost there. The one thing I hate most about the fillers is that so many of the villains look too generic. And the monsters are weak in design as well.

drims
Fri, 02-17-2006, 10:01 AM
i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif the fillers had my hopes high and now i think were back down almost to the level of the curry arc i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

naruto fillers need better action (0 . 0)=>> (o . 0)
(POW)

i guess every one knows about the next arc already. its been leaked out to much every were jus b/c every one is excited about it

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 02-17-2006, 10:44 AM
It's really sad, especially considering how many different characters and subplots there are going on in naruto that the studio pierrot writer monkeys still can't compile together a halfway decent storyline. I haven't seen the episode yet but if gamabunta is ganna make an apperance they must be really really desperate for material. Here's hoping that even the filler monkey's can't ruin the awesomness that is boss gama bunta.

nests
Fri, 02-17-2006, 10:51 AM
Dont get your hopes up

TS8
Fri, 02-17-2006, 03:17 PM
Bitch-slap!
Seems that they were on a tight schedule this week. Hence the bad and reused animations.

Naruto_RNG
Fri, 02-17-2006, 04:07 PM
total waste of time. the only good part was around 9:59 when naruto said "I understand your feelings so much it hurts" then it shows his hand with two fish scale stuck in.

Kraco
Fri, 02-17-2006, 04:20 PM
I was just thinking that since Isaribi has scales like fishes, she should also be slimy. Fishes are slimy, after all. I wonder if Naruto likes slippery girls...

Divinity
Fri, 02-17-2006, 04:26 PM
Well.. Naruto won't have any trouble slipping it in then.

MFauli
Fri, 02-17-2006, 05:14 PM
Is it already known, what will follow after this filler-arch?

Assertn
Fri, 02-17-2006, 06:08 PM
More filler.

ES
Sat, 02-18-2006, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
More filler.

Badum pish!
*drum beat*

Anyways, for a second I thought I was watching Dragonball cause of the extended dialogs...

Terracosmo
Sat, 02-18-2006, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by: TS8
Bitch-slap!

I laughed during that scene i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Assertn
Sat, 02-18-2006, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by: ES

Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
More filler.
Badum pish!
*drum beat*
?

No...actually I was serious. There's more filler episodes after this.

XanBcoo
Sat, 02-18-2006, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by: Naruto_RNG
total waste of time. the only good part was around 9:59 when naruto said "I understand your feelings so much it hurts" then it shows his hand with two fish scale stuck in.
Speaking of reused scenes, he said that exact same thing to Gaara...

And I laughed at the bitchslap as well.

Kraco
Sat, 02-18-2006, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by: XanBcoo
And I laughed at the bitchslap as well.

Well, still it was the right thing to do. So, although it was funny and didn't exactly fit Naruto's character, it wasn't bad script writing necessarily.

LobsterMagnet
Sat, 02-18-2006, 06:53 PM
Is it just me or do these fillers seem less like a real show and more like some little kid enacting his own "naruto adventures" with the aid of action figures? Seriously you guys, remember when you were young and you'd get an action figure or two based upon something like batman or superman, or the power rangers (you get the idea). And just make up your own nonsensical stories as you battled other vagarent toys that you possessed.

That is seriously what these fricking fillers are like. Anko has all of her signature moves and phrases just like a fricking action figure. Same can be said for just about any other naruto character whose been drawn into a filler. Grrrrr I hate this, so disappointing considering how promising this filler appered to be at first. Damn you studio pierrot writing monkeys! DAMN YOU TO HELL!

DarthEnderX
Sun, 02-19-2006, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet
Is it just me or do these fillers seem less like a real show and more like some little kid enacting his own "naruto adventures" with the aid of action figures? Seriously you guys, remember when you were young and you'd get an action figure or two based upon something like batman or superman, or the power rangers (you get the idea). And just make up your own nonsensical stories as you battled other vagarent toys that you possessed.

That is seriously what these fricking fillers are like. Anko has all of her signature moves and phrases just like a fricking action figure. Same can be said for just about any other naruto character whose been drawn into a filler. Grrrrr I hate this, so disappointing considering how promising this filler appered to be at first. Damn you studio pierrot writing monkeys! DAMN YOU TO HELL!HAHAHAHAHA! Lobster played with Power Rangers!

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 02-19-2006, 08:07 PM
HAHAHAHAHA! Lobster played with Power Rangers!

And you didn't?

Terracosmo
Sun, 02-19-2006, 10:35 PM
I... loved the Power Rangers toys. ^^

anphorus
Sun, 02-19-2006, 10:59 PM
The Power Rangers were the greatest thing ever! At least the first series was, it really went downhill from there "Power Rangers Lost Galxay?" What the hell?

XanBcoo
Sun, 02-19-2006, 11:47 PM
I played with Dragonball Z toys in much the same way Lobstermagnet described. And yeah, I totally agree that's what it's starting to seem like. Every goodie fought toe-to-toe with a baddie, used random jutsu, and spouted reused dialogue. This episode even had Kyuubi-Naruto showing up to save the day when things got bad (and Gamabunta in the next!). God, he even sits there growling for 5 minutes just so the other characters can gape at him.

@Anphorus: The Power Rangers were never the greatest thing. You just grew up. Technically the "first season" was the 16th Sentai show in Japan, so it had already become hackneyed.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 02-20-2006, 03:46 AM
The only thing power rangers was ever good for was whackin it to the pink ranger if you happened to be hitting puberty when the show was popular the first time around.

Also, power rangers killed the ninja turtle fad. For which they should die in the face.

Fortunatly Ninja Turtles is back though. The new show is shitloads better than the old one.

Jeff_from_MD
Tue, 02-21-2006, 01:10 PM
Man you and your power rangers ew.
I agree ninja turtles had a good assortment.

And before that there were the thousands of eraser-sized muscle men

And of course, the tight as hell battle beasts...with those heat-sensitive displays on their suits to show if they were "fire, wood, or water" and rarely, "lightning."