PDA

View Full Version : Bleach 68-69 Discussion

Jadugar
Wed, 02-15-2006, 02:01 AM
Hell-Fansubs are trying to make a comeback.i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Bleach 68-69 by Hell-Fansubs (http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/%5BHell-Fansubs%5D_Bleach_-_68-69_%5B8A4BB156%5D.torrent)

EDIT : Bleach 68-69 By Dattebayo (http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/b68-69.torrent)

Yukimura
Wed, 02-15-2006, 03:04 AM
Anyone know how they were able to get it out so fast? I'm assuming it's a pretty crappy sub but still they must have tried at least a little, a two parter this quick is pretty ballsy (because it will likely blow) but quite shocking... we'll see

Ren
Wed, 02-15-2006, 04:46 AM
Yay! Rukia's back i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Kraco
Wed, 02-15-2006, 06:37 AM
While I'm very glad Rukia is back, I'm disappointed at how lousily Ichigo is fighting. Come on, a guy who beat Zaraki before achieving his bankai, Byakuya, and a multitude of vicecaptains, some even without his zanpaktou, gets stuck in some scrap metal and concrete... That was just too artificial.

Urahara certainly was right: Ichigo has totally lost his fighting abilities.

Otherwise I have to say this was actually a rather interesting plot, even if I'm not totally sure of the motives and the intelligence of the execution. But on the other hand, Urahara is a twisted enough fellow, no doubt, to come up with something like that. And at least it explained many things of the previous episodes. And I don't remember anyone guessing this beforehand, so the script writers did succeed in something, no matter what.

And now that Rukia is back, it also explains why Renji had to be brought there in the first place, as well: For a triangle.

Oh, and welcome vampire hunter Ichigo... Just what this show needed...

DarthEnderX
Wed, 02-15-2006, 07:01 AM
Haha, this was awsome, I loved everything about this episode. The stupid shit that didn't make sense up until now is explained. New badguys introduced and pretty much also explained.

And it was fucking funny as hell too.

Turtle Nova and Chad just sitting there not saying anything was cracking my ass up.

the Golden stuff was good too. Soi Fon possesses such a wealth of lesbian power! You can't stop her!

I feel bad for those guys if they really are stuck in those stuffed animals forever now. I mean, what happens to their human bodies?

I mean, seriously, what the hell is Ichigo's dad going to do if he finds the lifeless body of a 10 year old girl stuffed in Ichigo's closet?!

Is there even a workable explanation for that? I don't think so.

And yeah, Rukia is back.

ES
Wed, 02-15-2006, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder
I mean, seriously, what the hell is Ichigo's dad going to do if he finds the lifeless body of a 10 year old girl stuffed in Ichigo's closet?!

Is there even a workable explanation for that? I don't think so.

Uhm...What if he has a lolicon tendency? as well as other japanese fetishes ~_~"

On further note, *carbon copies everyone*

Rukia's back! I loved how she changes her tone back to normal and perky innocent student Rukia.

Aramis
Wed, 02-15-2006, 08:56 AM
roflmao! what an awesome episode....although it had it's lame moments, the funny/cool stuff outweighed that.
but...now there's four talking plushies? i wonder if they'll all stick around even after the fillers.
and i cant believe they used the same joke again in "shinigami cup golden" but it's still funny. Ukitake = cherry picker.

nests
Wed, 02-15-2006, 11:58 AM
The first episode was lame just like previous ones and once again they messed with the story line from the manga the second epidsode actually had a cool looking bad guy but Ichigo seems to be just another week ass shimigami now I hate that rukia is back the writters for this fillers must not read the manga at all.

Darknodin
Wed, 02-15-2006, 12:10 PM
personally I liked that... the first part was so so, but the second part was much better (even the animation was better) and it was funny too.
Kon is starting to sound more and more like a drunken old man! and they found a reason to make ichigo fight weaker opponents. All and all good episode.

Munsu
Wed, 02-15-2006, 12:14 PM
Yeah, Bleach has really gone to shit...

You guys just don't understand how amazing the anime could've been if they had followed the manga... But with the storyline fuck-ups in these fillers, it would be nearly impossible for the anime to even come close to being as good when they finally decide to go back to following the manga... And that's IF they are able to go back to the manga storyline...

el_boss
Wed, 02-15-2006, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by: Kraco
But on the other hand, Urahara is a twisted enough fellow, no doubt, to come up with something like that. And at least it explained many things of the previous episodes. And I don't remember anyone guessing this beforehand, so the script writers did succeed in something, no matter what.
The reason that no one guessed this is because it is too far-fetched and retarded. If it feels "out of the blue" like it did now, you know that the writers didn't put in enough time.

Bleach has officially plummeted to the level of the previous naruto fillers. I'm actually looking forward to naruto more than bleach now. As usual Kon saved the show, and Ukitake being a "pedophile" still cracks me up.

I find it funny that Rukia, who is one of the weakest shinigamis, saved Ichigo. Ichigo was stronger than Rukia even without any training, without knowing his zanpaktou's name and without "summoning" his hollow.

masamuneehs
Wed, 02-15-2006, 01:14 PM
Hmmm, obviously a deep rift between manga readers and non manga readers... Guess they're doing things that could impact the next storyline to actually come from the manga. I don't know jack about the manga, but I hope they stay true to it.

I don't really think that "plot-holes" when it comes to manga storyline contradicting filler events is a problem. Hell, I even remember lots of people saying in the Naruto topic "Once it goes back to the real story from the manga nothing from these filler episodes will have had any impact at all." I just hope they don't mess with the manga storyline to deliver these filler arcs, as the fillers really aren't on the same level as the rest of the show.

I was about to eat my hat when they hinted that Urahara was kidnapped (as I promised in 67 discussion). Thank god he was the one running that little training exercise the whole time. I also was really disappointed with how poorly Ichigo and Renji fought. Claude can copy a person, but that doesn't give him any skills with a sword. Boo Ichigo, boo!

Bound. Vampires. Someone get Saya and Hagi from Blood+ over here stat! I can't say its a bad premise for a filler plot, it actually has some promise. The Geitou flame golem was pretty cool looking. And how obvious was it that Ichigo should just try to go for the Bound that summoned it? Obviously she's the weak point, and she's already backed into a corner.

LMAO at Chad and Nova. If they kept Nova around after this arc I would heartily endorse it. Those two are so funny together.

I hate Claude's voice, and he was really chatting it up during these two episodes. But when his stuffed animal tries to make a serious face, I just start laughing. "Mismatch" indeed.

EDIT: Shinigami's cup: homo golden! Soi Fon is teh dykeness! Ukitake is teh gey! They are really going to great lengths to sell those characters to the yaoi/yuri fans. Soi Fon was always fairly obvious. But this whole Ukitake thing really surprised me.

DDBen
Wed, 02-15-2006, 02:43 PM
Otherwise I have to say this was actually a rather interesting plot, even if I'm not totally sure of the motives and the intelligence of the execution. But on the other hand, Urahara is a twisted enough fellow, no doubt, to come up with something like that. And at least it explained many things of the previous episodes. And I don't remember anyone guessing this beforehand, so the script writers did succeed in something, no matter what.

For the Record I stated that Urahara was behind this weeks ago as it was clearly being ripped off from Yu-yu hakisho when Yuske gets back from the dark Tournement and immediately gets kidnapped by 3 of Genkai's new pupils.

That aside this episode was alright in the second half as the new enemy looks pretty good atleast. However, several aspects of the plot have just gone straight to hell. There is no reason for ichigo to fight this badley now. There is no reason for Rukia to be back now. There is no reason for Inoue to be paired with the Male Mod soul instead of the female one. Oh and Ishada stating flat out that his powers are gone could have easily not been done. I didn't hate this as much as the last two weeks but this filler is really messing with the overall plot.

Darknodin
Wed, 02-15-2006, 03:33 PM
ok personally, I agree that the filler arc was not on par with the manga, but why should everything be exactly like in the manga? because it was good, any little deviation would be bad? really, maybe the writer realized after the release that he would have done this or that different, and that is what is happening? really, I personally didn't read the Bleach manga (I've read Naruto one and i DO hope they change some things).

Munsu
Wed, 02-15-2006, 03:44 PM
The key word is "fuck-up", if they were at least improving the story in some way or form, I think it would be acceptable. But right now they've screwed a couple of key instances, that when we first read it on the manga we could only explain it with "awesome". Those awesome scenes and moments have now been tarnished by mediocre scenes in this filler arc that could've been easily avoided if the writers would at least have a little bit of understanding to what the fuck they are doing.

XanBcoo
Wed, 02-15-2006, 04:20 PM
Maybe I should start reading the manga. Or perhaps just read the manga versions of the scenes that these episodes messed around with.

Having not watched the previous few episodes, I had no idea what was going on. But when the Bound arc started in the second half, I sort of enjoyed it. The animation during Ichigo's fight was pretty awesome. The ED is sufficiently weird, so I don't hate it, but I don't know what to make of the new plushie mod souls.

Also, I don't see how the Shinigami Cup made Ukitake out to be gay. Weird maybe, but not gay. The shiro(u) pun made me laugh though.

Phoenix20578
Wed, 02-15-2006, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
The key word is "fuck-up", if they were at least improving the story in some way or form, I think it would be acceptable. But right now they've screwed a couple of key instances, that when we first read it on the manga we could only explain it with "awesome". Those awesome scenes and moments have now been tarnished by mediocre scenes in this filler arc that could've been easily avoided if the writers would at least have a little bit of understanding to what the fuck they are doing.

Agreed. This episode had its moments (Nova being that turtle was one of them) but it was pure and utter crap. They ruined so much of the storyline in Bleach that made it amazing in the manga. I will now call this "The Naruto Effect" This is what happens when over-zelus animators speed though the anime without giving the manga timje to come up with great material, so the animators create their own gay material.

Darknodin
Wed, 02-15-2006, 04:51 PM

see, this is the thing. it IS a different medium and, for all we know, it might BE a different story. because something that was awesome in the manga was removed doesn't mean that there can't be something awesome in the anime. I didn't really like the way they resolved the Modified souls arc. but the way the bound arc started was pretty good. as for Rukia appearing? well I'm puzzled and want to know why? if they have a crappy reason, then it is crap. but they may have a good reason? they should at least have the benefit of doubt. changing something from the manga doesn't make the episode crap. the second half was actually ok, and better than some of the earlier episodes which WERE from the manga.

DB_Hunter
Wed, 02-15-2006, 05:26 PM
The thing is.... THE FILLERS WERE SUPPOSED TO STOP AT EP 70!!!!

DarthEnderX
Wed, 02-15-2006, 05:49 PM
Only because people knew Rukia was back in 71 from the name of the episode and they assumed that meant it would pick up in the part of the manga when rukia returns.

But it turns out that's not the case, they changed it, and now Rukia came back in the middle of the filler arc.

Also, on Ukitake being a pedo, if your paying attention, this episode explains that he ISN'T. Hits is hinting about wether he is one, and Uki explains that he does all that stuff because they both have white hair and similar names.

Course, he could be lying, but I get the impression he wasn't, and he's just being goofy like that.

SamuraiOdin
Wed, 02-15-2006, 06:46 PM
I don't know... I liked this episode, it at least explained what those three dancing things in the end credits were. As for plot, at least the filler is engaging instead of random 1 episode blurbs that have no point. As for it messing with the manga storyline... What's to say they can't duplicate at least some of the same scenarios when the anime gets back on track... i.e. Using Naruto as an example, if memory serves correctly, one of the characters is put into the hospital shortly before the anime moved onto a filler arc, and at the beginning of the manga arc they needed him back in the hospital, so they just hurt him again at the end of the filler arc and stuck him back in the hospital. Did it mess up the flow? Only in such a minute way that after that episode you forgot all about the deviation... I suspect that's what they'll do in this anime as well, just duplicate the conditions.

Kraco
Wed, 02-15-2006, 07:01 PM
Also, on Ukitake being a pedo, if your paying attention, this episode explains that he ISN'T. Hits is hinting about wether he is one, and Uki explains that he does all that stuff because they both have white hair and similar names.

Course, he could be lying, but I get the impression he wasn't, and he's just being goofy like that.

Yeah. Perhaps somebody carried similar gifts to Ukitake, when he was young. And now he's kind of returning the favor, or passing it to the next gen.

Or perhaps not.

But anyway, the fillers for Bleach might have posed a much bigger problem than the fillers for Naruto. In Naruto, they have pretty much all the characters at their disposal, with no explanations. In Bleach the characters are divided in two: Earth and SS. And since Ichigo isn't anymore in SS, they might find an idea of still locating entire episodes over there troublesome. So, they either had the possibility to use a very limited set of characters on Earth, or mix the deck somewhat. They chose the latter, and caused manga readers to be disappointed and displeased.

The problem is that the show is supposed to be an action show, but with very few players it could have been hard to build decent action plots (not impossible in theory, but we have seen their level of skills in Naruto fillers). It would have been easier to get some goofy school saga, but that might not have served the profile of the show. I once said I wouldn't have minded something similar to FMP Fumoffu, but that wasn't based on any monkey written scripts.

DB_Hunter
Wed, 02-15-2006, 07:59 PM
I think this obsession with Ukitake being a pedophile is really going to far... did none of you guys get any attention when you were younger or something??? Adults tend to give stuff to kids for no reason other than them being kids... people did it to me when I was younger and when I see little kids I tend to try and find something to give them as well... its just being nice!

Knives122
Wed, 02-15-2006, 08:38 PM
But he made a shit ass reason for giving him the stuff: "I'm going to give you this stuff b/c we have shirou in our names" . He's getting weirder and he's supposed to be a bad ass.

The biggest fuck ups of these eps. were Rukia coming back, and Urahara telling everyone that Ishida lost his powers. They would've been better if they left them for later.

RedX1z
Wed, 02-15-2006, 11:49 PM
i thought if i was patient and let things smoothen out it would all be good again, i let renji's appearence slide, but then they just had to bring back rukia as most of you people already said it is fucked up. what's next? gin makes an appearence? unless they completely change the bleach story in the anime from the manga this is just bull. i've been patient enough with you bastards, the least you can do is not fuck up!

6Zabuza9
Thu, 02-16-2006, 01:19 AM
next thing you know, all shinigamis will show up at ichigo's house and have a party

darkmetal505
Thu, 02-16-2006, 01:21 AM
the first episode sucked because it was to random. The second episode wasnt that bad, I wanna see what these Bounds want.

burnout
Thu, 02-16-2006, 01:30 AM
1 thing i really want to know in why cant ichigo use nimpo (the fast walking bit) anymore

mayby his power got limeted like the rest of the shinigami's if they come to earth

and rukia coming back like that was fun to and it seems she got her powers back

well i hope they will keep it up

overall i like'd this ep

mr3vi1m0nk3y
Thu, 02-16-2006, 01:32 AM
i dont think ichigos powers are limited on earth. just because because hes a shinigami rep doesnt mean SS has any control of his powers. i just blame bad filler plotline

Aeon
Thu, 02-16-2006, 01:48 AM
Otherwise I have to say this was actually a rather interesting plot, even if I'm not totally sure of the motives and the intelligence of the execution. But on the other hand, Urahara is a twisted enough fellow, no doubt, to come up with something like that. And at least it explained many things of the previous episodes. And I don't remember anyone guessing this beforehand, so the script writers did succeed in something, no matter what

I guessed it before hand cause it was a total rip of Yu Yu Hakusho, don't think I ever posted it though cause the eps were too crappy to comment on like these ones.

FrogKing
Thu, 02-16-2006, 02:32 AM
I didn't really like this episode at all. I felt like it didn't have any heart to it. I am right in the middle of catching up with One Piece and am in the Water 7 arc; I thought I would watch the new episode of Bleach and thought to myself that I would rather watch more One Piece. The Bleach fillers (both the previous one and the new 'Bound' one) feels forced both the comedy and the drama. Overall, I wasted my time. Back to One Piece!

As for the Rukia bit. I am not a manga reader, but I too was disappointed as to the way they brought her back. At the conclusion of the SS arc I felt that there was a special bond between Ichigo and Rukia. It was a bit of a shock and sad to me that she stayed behind, but after I thought about it I thought that it made sense that their characters should part and that their meeting in the future would be a big occasion. Now, she just pops up and saves his ass; no big plot device, no big event (i.e. Aizen is back, etc.,), no, "I must get the Hougoku (sp?) back" (aside: why DID Urahara hide the Hougoku in Rukia anyways?) Instead she arrives to save Ichigo from somebody he should be able to own in the first place. ^Somebody mention his 'flash-step' ability. Couldn't he have just flash step around the fire golem and kill the vampire?

The only redeeming factor in this show was the Shinigami Cup. Love the 'Soi-Fong has the hots big time for Yoruichi -san' scene. Afterall, Yoruichi is super-smokin and if I were a girl I would be all over her too. I do think that the Ukitake scene is a light reference him being attracted to little kids, given the previous scene with Yoruichi and Soi Fong. Also the line from last weeks episode wasnt it something like, Please come to my room later. Pause. Ill give you more candy. However, I dont think that it has any bearing on the characters, but rather the Shinigami Cup stuff is just pokes fun at the show and is meant to have double meanings.
<my 2 cents>

edit: Oh, shit I totally forgot. Prediction: Ichigo will own the boss with his new found Rasengan...I mean BanKai!

Yukimura
Thu, 02-16-2006, 03:00 AM
Don't compare Ban Kai to Rasengan, Though Ichigo's Ban Kai isn't as awesome as it could be, it's not like Rasengan in that Ichigo doesn't just whip it out for all situations. He only used it like twice, and it was to save Rukia from overwhelming odds both times. This ep was a B-/C+ in my book, Urahara running the trio I didn't see coming, though I think subconsciously I started thinking back to those three guys as I was watching. This arc doesn't seem to have much potential to spring into a deep intricate plot like the real story did, but it is a filler. I wonder if the Mod souls keep their powers in those dolls, it'd be sweet to see someone attack chad and then Nova uses his Janemba move on them.

About the damage to the story, its really annoying, I'm not sure if I want the writers to read or not read the current manga arc, one one hand they might try to run in parallel with it, causing mess ups, on the other if they have no idea where the story is going they'll probobly fuck up even more. I can't even count how many things have been subtlely damaged, and I thnk it's worse then that situation in Naruto with Sasuke in the hispital, only time will tell if they can actually pull the anime back to the manga without infuriating all of us 'Prophets'.

FrogKing
Thu, 02-16-2006, 03:08 AM
^Lol, you missed my point. I wasn't putting down Bankai (or Rasengan) when they are used in actual non-filler episdoes; rather, I am putting down how Rasengan has become a plot device that is used to take down most every filler boss in Naruto. Btw, he tried to use it twice in the filler and put that up against how many times he used it before...twice. In 1 episode of filler, Ichigo attempted to use it doubled the amount of previous times. Although by my count he only used it once before, when he went up against Aizen he still had his Bankai released. My prediction is based on what Urahara was saying to Ichigo and that the filler writers are probably (purely speculation) gonna have Ichigo sloooooowly regain his fighting techniques and then take down the filler boss with his new found Bankai.

nests
Thu, 02-16-2006, 03:12 AM
For some reason this fillers have pissed me off more than any Naruto one ever did

Ero-Fan
Thu, 02-16-2006, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by: nests
For some reason this fillers have pissed me off more than any Naruto one ever did

Probably because Naruto fillers never fucked with the timeline. Even not reading the manga for bleach, I kinda figured Rukia showing up is something that is going to screw with the main storyline. It would be like Sasuke returning to Konoha to save Naruto's ass. Its just bullshit.

Kraco
Thu, 02-16-2006, 08:26 AM
Well, not exactly like Sasuke returning to Konoha, to be reasonable... But certainly I also thought, despite having never read the manga, that the reunion of Ichigo and Rukia was in the manga, and possibly had some carefully planned meaning. Even though I'm always happy to see Rukia, but perhaps in the long run it could have been better to leave it for the episodes based on the manga. I would find it hard to believe if the show wasn't going to return to the manga storyline (more or less) at some point.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 02-16-2006, 10:19 AM
Ha I warned you. I warned you all dammit. That the bleach fillers were going to fuck up with the main storyline. Didn't I say that once the episode title of Rukia returns was revealed. Dammit I want a cookie or at least some acknowledgement for my oh so accuarate prediction. More bleach fillers HA!. I guess the writers justification for all this BS was the old guys explanation of Aizen not doing anything for about a year. So they could continue with this filler crap for nearly a year then suddenly go back to the manga and justify it as having passed by a year in time. Oh I can't wait to see what the studio pierrot writing monkeys do with bleach fillers next. HAHAHAHAAHAH Time to find a new anime to jump onto. Good news is naruto real episodes should be starting up in about a few weeks then you can all join that band wagon once again.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 02-16-2006, 10:28 AM
On a side note... is it worth watching any of the Naruto fillers for any possible manga bits they might have thrown in there?

Ero-Fan
Thu, 02-16-2006, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by: DB_Hunter
On a side note... is it worth watching any of the Naruto fillers for any possible manga bits they might have thrown in there?

There was like the first couple that showed Sakura starting her training with Tsunade. I think the last part of this was shown during the bug hunt arc. Not sure if it was at the begining or ending of that arc, though. Other than that, I can't recall any others worth watching.

Honinbou
Thu, 02-16-2006, 11:20 AM
Actually, this was/is a badass filler.. The thing that urahara was behind all this trully sux. above that... when are the fillers going to stop? dont think it'll be episode 70..

The things about the Bound guys make me lose the line of the anime.. why do they make other never mentioned enemy's?? this ain't bleach like bleach should be...
I dont like it :S

DDBen
Thu, 02-16-2006, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by: Honinbou
Actually, this was/is a badass filler.. The thing that urahara was behind all this trully sux. above that... when are the fillers going to stop? dont think it'll be episode 70..

The things about the Bound guys make me lose the line of the anime.. why do they make other never mentioned enemy's?? this ain't bleach like bleach should be...

expect a total of 52 weeks/episodes of filler just like we got with Naruto. They have refernced it will be 1 year until Aizen matters and that means approximately 1 full year of fillers.

Please note sure they are butchering the Manga storyline but hey its the fault of the popularity contest as they plan to use the characters who scored highly until they shrivel up and die during the 52 episodes of fillers. This is why they are bringing back certain people go ahead and compair who's around with where they placed in the vote off.

mage
Thu, 02-16-2006, 12:28 PM
there's only 26 episodes of naruto filler in this current filler arc.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 02-16-2006, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by: DDBen

Originally posted by: Honinbou

expect a total of 52 weeks/episodes of filler just like we got with Naruto. They have refernced it will be 1 year until Aizen matters and that means approximately 1 full year of fillers.

Who the hell says that's a year real time?

Vokalyzd Harmony
Thu, 02-16-2006, 04:34 PM
Damn..since fillers are messing with the storyline, i was wondering what is the manga episode in which the storyline was concluded and the filler began..I might as well read the manga then. And if anybody can link me to a manga archive, that would be great. I would do a search but since I'm here..might as well.

Munsu
Thu, 02-16-2006, 06:24 PM
Read this thread Vokalyzd Harmony

ChaosK
Thu, 02-16-2006, 08:12 PM
1. since when does rukia know destructive arts?
2. since when can rukia do kidou/hadou without saying their names?
3. why is rukia dressed like that?
4. since when can lighting beat fire like that?
5. arent the gates still closed?

DB_Hunter
Thu, 02-16-2006, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
1. since when does rukia know destructive arts?
2. since when can rukia do kidou/hadou without saying their names?
3. why is rukia dressed like that?
4. since when can lighting beat fire like that?
5. arent the gates still closed?

1. Since a long time... remember in the initial eps she tried using the destructive arts but failed because she was still feeling to weak.
2. The probably removed the sound for dramatic effect (hey, its fillers)
3. Cos Inoue told her to wear that thing last time the met.
4. Since anime stopped obeying the laws of physics.
5. Well looks as though they just opened

Munsu
Thu, 02-16-2006, 10:52 PM
Read this thread Vokalyzd Harmony

http://forums.gotwoot.net/mess...7255&enterthread=y (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=66&threadid=17255&enterthrea d=y)

Forgot to post the actual thread earlier

Deadfire
Fri, 02-17-2006, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by: DB_Hunter
4. Since anime stopped obeying the laws of physics.

When did they start doing that? Anime following the laws of physics?..serious when the hell did that happen?

Anyways I have to say the way they are trying to do this makes sence. They are trying to bridge the gap between where they are in the anime to where they want to be in the manga slowly by adding fillers. It's a great idea on paper as we will still have fillers but fillers that still add to the storyline at the same time. Instead of just having a time jump. *cough*Naruto*cough* that makes everything done in the filler useless to know or care about. I'm going to argee with most that it's warping what we know in the manga... and may cause some problums in the overall story those manga readers know of. Did I like the ep, maybe it wasn't horrible but it was sub par for me to watch, it's not as bad as naruto fillers i must say as I've skiped almost 15 min of a ep because it bord me so. This ep did hold out so It's ok in my books

DarthEnderX
Fri, 02-17-2006, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by: mage
there's only 26 episodes of naruto filler in this current filler arc.You can't count for shit mage. The filler count is already at 36. And there's 7 more to go.

DDBen
Fri, 02-17-2006, 03:49 AM

there's only 26 episodes of naruto filler in this current filler arc.You can't count for shit mage. The filler count is already at 36. And there's 7 more to go.

This does happen to be correct but completely aside from that. I assume 1 year of filler because thats the worst possible case and anything less will be a pleasent surprize. Also becaause they constantly mention that it will be 1 year before anything that actually matters happens.

Ero-Fan
Fri, 02-17-2006, 07:55 AM

This does happen to be correct but completely aside from that. I assume 1 year of filler because thats the worst possible case and anything less will be a pleasent surprize. Also becaause they constantly mention that it will be 1 year before anything that actually matters happens.

And in Naruto, he's supposed to go train with Jiriaya for multiple years, so by your logic, we should have at least another year or two of Naruto fillers. They'll just last as long as they have to to get the manga far enough ahead and let them work on the post-filler episodes while they're at it just like they did with the post-filler Naruto episodes.

nests
Fri, 02-17-2006, 11:03 AM
I just hope Bleach doesnt pull a Rurouni Kenshin and end in fillers and never getting back to the manin storyline.

why couldn't they just have a Ichigo and his human companioins battle strong hollows maybe even a few Menos I miss hollows i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

masamuneehs
Fri, 02-17-2006, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by: nests
I just hope Bleach doesnt pull a Rurouni Kenshin and end in fillers and never getting back to the manin storyline.

why couldn't they just have a Ichigo and his human companioins battle strong hollows maybe even a few Menos I miss hollows

End in fillers? Bleach is still going very strong, and when you think about it, it hasn't been in fillers for half the time that Naruto has.

I like to think that the anime industry learned a lesson after Kenshin. Well, I at least hope they did... but from the quality of the Naruto fillers, and now the Bleach ones, I'm beginning to think they're still being as greedy as possible and trying to milk the shows for as much as they can.

Still, I have faith that both will get back to the storyline in due time. Although I can't imagine what might happen when both Naruto and Bleach catch up to the manga (again). That scares the begeezus out of me.

I'm glad that we have Compact Souls (overpowered as they are) and Vampires now. There was only so much you coulld do with a Hollow (i thought) as an enemy, and it's nice to see that they're trying to change things up on us.

DDBen
Fri, 02-17-2006, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by: Ero-Fan
And in Naruto, he's supposed to go train with Jiriaya for multiple years, so by your logic, we should have at least another year or two of Naruto fillers. They'll just last as long as they have to to get the manga far enough ahead and let them work on the post-filler episodes while they're at it just like they did with the post-filler Naruto episodes.

What a worthless post. Actually Naruto fillers are very differn't here. Naruto is already NOT training with Jiriaya and when he actually goes to do so the fillers should end. Not seeing his training is key to allowing the manga to progress and use that lost time to further define what takes place. So no at absolutely no point was Naruto slated for 3 years of filler.

If you actually bother to read however Ero-Fan you would understand 52 was the highest number of fillers thats would currently be possible. I stated that you should expect that many only because thats as many as they can do and right now we have no idea how many there will be. The insulting worthless posts such as this one don't add a thing and I would suggest in the future not compairing apples to oranges.

Ero-Fan
Fri, 02-17-2006, 01:15 PM

Originally posted by: Ero-Fan

What a worthless post. Actually Naruto fillers are very differn't here. Naruto is already NOT training with Jiriaya and when he actually goes to do so the fillers should end. Not seeing his training is key to allowing the manga to progress and use that lost time to further define what takes place. So no at absolutely no point was Naruto slated for 3 years of filler.

If you actually bother to read however Ero-Fan you would understand 52 was the highest number of fillers thats would currently be possible. I stated that you should expect that many only because thats as many as they can do and right now we have no idea how many there will be. The insulting worthless posts such as this one don't add a thing and I would suggest in the future not compairing apples to oranges.

So, assigning an arbitrary number to how many fillers there can possibly be makes any sense? They can make as many as they want. If they wanted to, they could make 100 filler episodes, all that would matter is how long their ratings would stay up during that time. And I'm comparing the two series because they are currently produced by the same studio. And since when does an episode have to consist of one week in real time each? Just because they come out once a week does not mean one week has gone by in relation to the storyline.
And no shit he's not training with Jiriaya now. Now, explain to me where you came up with 52 episodes of fillers at the most? And if your going to say, "Well, that's enough time for the manga to get far enough ahead," then don't bother wasting my time.
Edit: Oh, and let me clarify something; Jiriaya said it would be about 3 years before Oro could use his immortality justsu on Sasuke. Basically, nothing major in Naruto would happen for a few years. Whether that included training the whole time or not wasn't really very clear in the anime. What has happened in the manga is besides the point since I am comparing the animes here. Even if we went by the manga, by your theory 36 (or whatever the # of fillers is/will be, maybe 43) weeks have gone by, so they have little more than 2 years to train. Which would fuck up the storyline, since it would be too late by the time he is done training.
Edit2: Or better yet, maybe we should have Naruto go off with Jiriaya, and then have 130 (2.5 years worth of weeks) episodes of fillers with other characters, so we can keep to the timeline? i/expressions/rolleye.gif

ChaosK
Fri, 02-17-2006, 05:24 PM
great job guys, by your logic then what the fuck happened to the twelve years before episode one? get over it already.

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 02-17-2006, 05:39 PM
Wow DDBen you sure are smart telling these worthless posters off! Gee golly it takes a pretty swell person to call people fucking stupid when you represent the word.

DDBen
Fri, 02-17-2006, 07:52 PM
The Heretic Azazel I suggest editing your post as your at this point blantantly flaming.

Ero-Fan at this point your continuing your rant for absolutely no purpose. Chances are atleast the majority of 2006 will be filler for bleach if not all of it. The manga content at this point is just to limited for any less to work out. Naruto had LESS manga available when it went into fillers then bleach has right now. Also bleach has been better at inserting fillers to stretch the manga which unfortunatly due to the massive amount of fighting chapters means that bleach has roughly the same amount of content available. This means to me atleast we should expect atleast the 43 that we got stuck with from Naruto as there is essentially zero breaks for any filler to be added in the manga. They won't end the filler until they end the current arc of the manga and thats a very long way off at this point.

Chaoskiddo terrible example but valid point. Lets just move on from this until we get a difinitive answer on the amount of filler left to come.

masamuneehs
Fri, 02-17-2006, 08:02 PM
edit:

*sigh* lets not flame each other eh? Does it really add anything to the discussion?

Urahara got more Compact Souls? From where?

Kraco
Fri, 02-17-2006, 08:16 PM
Kon was the defective product. These three clearly aren't nearly as defective. A technocrat like Urahara won't simply throw away the results of his research. The main plot itself proved that. So, having more of those compact souls available isn't that far-fetched an idea at all. Who knows how many there were in total when they were actively researching the possibility.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 02-18-2006, 02:09 AM
A technocrat like Urahara won't simply throw away the results of his research.Spot the V:tM kweer!

alstar83
Sat, 02-18-2006, 01:07 PM
yeah, Rukia has returned. Can't believe how happy I was seeing that. Hopefully, Bleach is going back to its real form.

Assassin
Sat, 02-18-2006, 04:08 PM
no they ruined the real form when they brought rukia back

Psyke
Sun, 02-19-2006, 07:14 AM
I've just watched 20 episodes of Bleach and I've finally caught up with the rest of the world. As a reward I got these for myself i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/4162/omocha25xe.jpg

Let's hope the fillers are short. It doesn't need to be as long as the Naruto one.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 02-19-2006, 10:27 AM
Those actually look pretty good... where did you get them from?

Psyke
Sun, 02-19-2006, 11:08 AM
I got them off at my local toy shop i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif. It's called the Bleach Characters set, volume 2. Here is a link to more of the figures, if you are interested.

Bleach Characters Figures (http://msz006yama.sakura.ne.jp/yama/bleach2.htm)

http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/455/bleachc7wb.jpg

ToFuGuY
Sun, 02-19-2006, 12:36 PM
whoa.. now if they had Hitsugaya's bankai... that will be totally awesome

xDarkMaster
Sun, 02-19-2006, 09:23 PM
Orihime... i/expressions/heart.gif

DB_Hunter
Sun, 02-19-2006, 09:55 PM
That's the first time I have seen figures with such realistic faces... seems as though I'm gonna have to hunt em out on ebay.

Divinity
Mon, 02-20-2006, 11:01 AM
If I was Soi Fon, I would've seduced Yuroichi.

ChaosK
Mon, 02-20-2006, 01:57 PM
i'm guessing your talking about the end part?

Divinity
Mon, 02-20-2006, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
i'm guessing your talking about the end part?

No she saw her naked when she chased that bound away.

drims
Mon, 02-20-2006, 07:29 PM
When did bleach fillers start?
how long till we see the anime from the manga (not fillers) start up again?
If its going to take too long im thinking of starting reading the manga.

Also i dont think the 3 villains have any connection to the manga they may be fillers just trying to waste time as Naruto fillers are doing.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 02-20-2006, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by: drims
When did bleach fillers start?
how long till we see the anime from the manga (not fillers) start up again?
If its going to take too long im thinking of starting reading the manga.

Also i dont think the 3 villains have any connection to the manga they may be fillers just trying to waste time as Naruto fillers are doing.

Soon as Ichigo came back from SS.
We don't know.
Go for it.

And duh, of course they don't, they're filler characters.

Naruto_Fan
Tue, 02-21-2006, 07:04 AM
hopefully, the fillers will end soon. bleach usually has like 1~5 epi long filler arcs. the one that just finished with the recent 1 hr epi (and started a new one) ended in like 3 or 4 episodes...

Vokalyzd Harmony
Tue, 02-21-2006, 04:34 PM
To manga readers, without intput any spoilers, should i continue with the manga instead of watching fillers that ruin the storyline. I've been reading up to like ep 192 of the manga and the filler hasn't ruined the storyline THAT much..but still..if they just continued wiht the manga..the storyline would be MUCh better than this vampiric crap

Assassin
Tue, 02-21-2006, 04:39 PM
bleach usually has like 1~5 epi long filler arcs

What are you basing that on? This is the first time bleach has done fillers.

To manga readers, without intput any spoilers, should i continue with the manga instead of watching fillers that ruin the storyline. I've been reading up to like ep 192 of the manga and the filler hasn't ruined the storyline THAT much..but still..if they just continued wiht the manga..the storyline would be MUCh better than this vampiric crap

Yes, read the manga, its alot better. The fillers have screwed up some curcial "OMGWTF" moments, im betting they'll keep screwing them up