PDA

View Full Version : WHERE IS THE TV/MOVIES SECTION!?!?!?!?!

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 02-14-2006, 10:29 AM
Did Jack Bauer mistake it for a terrorist and eliminate it?

Kraco
Tue, 02-14-2006, 10:36 AM
Can't be helped. Jack Bauer must look into all leads, no matter how insignificant they might be, because that's all too often all he has got. And he always takes hard action. Unavoidable.

Psyke
Tue, 02-14-2006, 10:37 AM
Maybe it'll reappear again like the cosplay thread.

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 02-14-2006, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by: Kraco
Can't be helped. Jack Bauer must look into all leads, no matter how insignificant they might be, because that's all too often all he has got. And he always takes hard action. Unavoidable.

Also the rule is every terrorist with pertinent information will either commit suicide, die while being kidnapped or shot by a 15 year old girl he's been molesting for 2 years

Let that be a warning to those who know where the section is and do not respond!

Ero-Fan
Tue, 02-14-2006, 11:02 AM
Anyone wanna take a stab at what might temporarily disappear next? My vote is the Anime Fanart section. It'll be back soon, I hope.

Knives122
Tue, 02-14-2006, 11:06 AM
It'll probably come back, the strangest thing is that if you log out the login menu is on the side(which is very annoying imo), and all the threads are on the side if you go into a specific section of the forums.

Honoko
Tue, 02-14-2006, 01:27 PM
also, when you goto "my forums" on the top of the page and click on it, it'll still show all the links and threads from all the sections that supposedly got deleted.

Ciber
Tue, 02-14-2006, 01:52 PM
You can activate/deactivate the side menu by going into your profile.

Those categories will not be coming back. You can discuss movies/tv right here in off topic general discussion since that's the kind of stuff you're supposed to discuss here. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

As for the anime ones that disappeared, you can discuss those in general anime.

The forums list was just getting too damn long with useless categories that did not even have 40 topics total in them, basically just a waste of space.

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 02-14-2006, 02:09 PM
What!

This is a fucking outrage!

Ero-Fan
Tue, 02-14-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by: Ciber

Those categories will not be coming back. You can discuss movies/tv right here in off topic general discussion since that's the kind of stuff you're supposed to discuss here.

The forums list was just getting too damn long with useless categories that did not even have 40 topics total in them, basically just a waste of space.

Is there any way to have those threads that were still active in that section moved into the general discussion then? I would also ask if we could have the same thing for the anime threads that were removed placed in the general anime section. That way at least we'll have the same threads back that we used in those sections.

Edit: Below- Cool, that would help.

Ciber
Tue, 02-14-2006, 02:48 PM
Yes, we are going to move them all.

Assertn
Tue, 02-14-2006, 02:49 PM
The family guy topic was pretty big............

masamuneehs
Tue, 02-14-2006, 03:24 PM
a little birdy told me that most of the "Movies/TV" threads are on their way to being transferred to General Discussion.

I personally dislike the idea, as the Movies/TV section was a great way of de-cluttering the General Discussion section, and now crappy threads like "Smallville" will be taking places whereas the topic on Iran and such get pushed to the back... Seriously, whatever the hell is going on in Point Pleasant is not as important (or interesting) as people discussing the latest news and major issues of the modern day.

I'm also still all for a "News" category of the forums. You KNOW that will grow rapidly, and I'll be the first one to make sure it gets big.

Also, I hear that if you want a specific topic from the Movies/TV section, you better get your ass to IRC and say "I want this thread to stay" otherwise it's not being moved and will be deleted soon.

Carnage
Tue, 02-14-2006, 04:03 PM
JACK BAUER?? WTF??

Kraco
Tue, 02-14-2006, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by: God#2
JACK BAUER?? WTF??

It must be very comfortable under your rock..?

Carnage
Tue, 02-14-2006, 04:26 PM
Its actually quite cold i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Enough with these stupid one-line comments. These low quality posts are against the rules. Consider this a verbal warning.

God#2 I know you're hyper-active or whatever, but stop spamming. If you can't make a valuable contribution in your posts, don't post at all. And that goes for Kraco and everyone else.

As Ciber said, the Movies/TV section has been deleted and the threads from it are being moved to General Discussion. If you want to discuss this then do so. If you all keep acting like a bunch of retards this thread will get locked.

GotWoot Moderator.

badass
Tue, 02-14-2006, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by: Ciber

Those categories will not be coming back. You can discuss movies/tv right here in off topic general discussion since that's the kind of stuff you're supposed to discuss here.

Everyone already knew TV and Movies could be discussed in General Discussion, but a seperate section was created to make it less cluttered here. The change took place recently; that's why there weren't that many topics yet. Before you go around making changes to the forums, how about considering what the members actually want. Otherwise, it'd be better if you just went back to doing nothing.

Suggestion: Change Gaming Discussion to TV/Movies/Gaming Discussion.

Terracosmo
Tue, 02-14-2006, 05:02 PM
I agree with badass. General Discussion is so shock-full of topics that it becomes too "wide".
Adding "TV/Movies" to Gaming Discussion is a better move since Gaming is a less populated forum to begin with.

Kraco
Tue, 02-14-2006, 05:31 PM
Come on. Who is the nazi moderator who didn't understand the little conversation between me and God#2? What was the worth of this thread anyway, after the question had been answered? It's not a good practice for a mod to try to kill all harmless fun and joking at these forums. Useless posts and jokes are two different things, especially in a thread that wasn't ever intended to continue for a long time, like some post your pic thread, for example, so avoiding cluttering is pretty meaningless.

Somebody should take a good long look at the mirror.

XanBcoo
Tue, 02-14-2006, 06:12 PM
God#2 has made several one-line, off topic comments in just about every topic on the forums. He may have only been joking, but it's been about 3 months since he's made a decent post. I was wondering when he was gonna get a warning...

As for the topic, I think moving the movie/TV threads to General Discussion is a bad idea, as it really will get too cluttered - especially if most of the popular topics are moved in here.

Carnage
Tue, 02-14-2006, 07:03 PM
Anyway.......er hmm......... I don't think moving all of those Anime topics into the General Anime Section was a good idea. It just makes you sad when you see that the forum has become smaller (in a sense). That goes for the Movies and Tv section as well. Hell, I think you should make a books topic as well. There was a thread I think, and it was pretty large. Whats wrong with making the forum a little bit bigger?

ChaosK
Tue, 02-14-2006, 07:53 PM
wait...is it just me or was there three anime threads deleted? it was blood+, initial D and....??

Ero-Fan
Tue, 02-14-2006, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
wait...is it just me or was there three anime threads deleted? it was blood+, initial D and....??

That's been mentioned above by Ciber already. And he said all the threads that were deleted would be moved. I think they are in the General Anime Section now. I think. At least, they will probably be moved there.

masamuneehs
Tue, 02-14-2006, 08:04 PM
There were actually FOUR anime sections moved: Blood+ (which is back in General Anime), Initial D (the same, I don't know, i only ever saw 2 or 3 threads in that entire section), Full Metal Panic: 2nd Raid (ditto) and Black Cat.

Black Cat is, from what I've heard, gone. It's mentioned in the locked Blood+ topic in General Anime. Seems like it won't be coming back. I already went and made a new thread for Black Cat in General Anime.

ChaosK
Tue, 02-14-2006, 09:04 PM
right, see? i knew it wasnt just two, what i meant was i couldnt remember the other ones.

Ciber
Tue, 02-14-2006, 09:17 PM
Badass, just who do you think you are to tell me I should leave MY forums?

If I ran this place like a democracy and let you guys have whatever you wanted, we'd have 1280x1024 animated sigs and 640x480 animated avatars and like 600 forum categories.

I can't please everyone all the time.

Knives122
Tue, 02-14-2006, 09:40 PM
lol, I can just imagine that.

Can we at least have the Supernatural thread moved here?

Munsu
Tue, 02-14-2006, 09:48 PM
The thread already is...

http://forums.gotwoot.net/mess...;keyword1=supernatural (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=11&threadid=16270&highlight_ key=y&keyword1=supernatural)