PDA

View Full Version : Black Cat

masamuneehs
Tue, 02-14-2006, 09:29 AM
PEOPLE JUST STARTING ON THIS SHOW:
This topic was made after an older one got deleted, so the discussion is probably going to be quite advanced and full of info/spoilers. View at your own risk! Show was on episode 17 when this topic was made, you've been warned.

Due to some errant (albeit well intentioned) house cleaning the Black Cat thread is gone, along with the rest of the Black Cat section.

Therefore I am re-creating this section as a place where people can discuss this show.

Want to download the show? I stick with Oyasumi's releases. Currently up to episode 15.
http://oyasumi.leechanime.com/
Links to the 3 torrent trackers (pont blank, scarywater, deltanime) that host Black Cat can be found there.

AND, better yet, if you want something better than the show I recommend Black Cat the Manga (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=33&threadid=14485&enterthrea d=y)
It really is that much better than the anime series. Akatsuki is the best manga translation group I've seen for them.

Download the Black Cat manga here! (http://www.mangatraders.com/filebrowser/Black%20Cat)

Kraco
Wed, 02-15-2006, 05:17 AM
Episode 16 - Oyasumi (http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/%5BOyasumi%5D_Black_Cat_16_%5B90209580%5D.avi.torr ent)

I suppose this belongs to here, now.

Edit: A kind of strange episode.

masamuneehs
Wed, 02-15-2006, 10:24 AM
A strange episode indeed. I felt like most of the episode was just spent waiting awkwardly. Waiting, waiting. It was a little creepy and mysterious, but not enough to really keep me riveted. And even at the end I have no idea what was going on on that mountain. Is it connected to the Forbidden Continent?

Still way too many unanswered questions from this episode. I think it would have been better if they'd saved some of the scenes between Saya and Train for this flashback, rather than cramming them into the first couple episodes the way they did.

Creed and all the random Sweepers are in the preview for episode 17. Let's hope its got some action in it...

Jadugar
Wed, 02-15-2006, 01:08 PM
What I dont understand is that why are people torturing themselves by watching this show. I watched about 10 episodes and I was watching 11th or 12 th episode and I said to myself wtf am I watching? When this show started I had very high hopes for it but this series went downhill. I was glad that it was taken out of the main section.

Darknodin
Wed, 02-15-2006, 03:25 PM
I actually find it OK... yea that episode was weird but, somehow i felt like there was a huge story behind it and they only showed a little peek. btw the prince has the same omen as the Scrapped Princess...

Honoko
Wed, 02-15-2006, 04:16 PM
what the heck? plot jumping has risen to a whole new level in this ep. He doesn't even say "bye" to the chick with the baby. No one knows what the hell happened to the old man in the robot. No explanation really how Train and others meet up at the end.

as for why i keep torturing myself with this series..... well, curiosity did kill the cat =P so i'm destroying my own brain cells because i wanna know just how different the anime is from the manga.

masamuneehs
Wed, 02-15-2006, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by: Honoko
as for why i keep torturing myself with this series..... well, curiosity did kill the cat =P so i'm destroying my own brain cells because i wanna know just how different the anime is from the manga.

ditto that.

i started off watching the anime. Then someone recommended the manga to me. Now, I don't read many mangas. In fact, the only one I truly 'read' in the sense of following it as much as possible was Berserk. I don't read Naruto or Bleach manga. I prefer constant animation (aka anime) as it offers alot of opportunities to go beyond what a manga can. That being said, IMO, Black Cat manga > Black Cat anime, any given day.

Nowadays I just watch Black Cat anime to see how they portray the characters (and the VAs are pretty good still), and how they deviat from the manga. Then I delete the episode as soon as possible.

darkmetal505
Wed, 02-15-2006, 10:37 PM
bah, why are they doing this? Interesting episode however. Looks the alliance of sweepers is going into action next episode.

Aeon
Wed, 02-15-2006, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by: Honoko
what the heck? plot jumping has risen to a whole new level in this ep. He doesn't even say "bye" to the chick with the baby. No one knows what the hell happened to the old man in the robot. No explanation really how Train and others meet up at the end.

Didn't feel like retyping what you said, so quoted ya i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif. Did this show really need another version of Saya?

Honoko
Thu, 02-16-2006, 12:13 AM
What this show needs is for one of us to take the creative team behind the anime, grab them all by the hair and then burn their eyes with the original manga screaming, "stop thinking! it's all in HERE!!!"

KaosSinner
Thu, 02-16-2006, 05:35 PM
Hey! has anyone noticed Saya, Creed and this new girl are all wearing exactly the same necklace? I suddenly noticed when watching all apisodes by third time. There might be some connection between those 3 characters or maybe theyre just wearing the same piece of jelwery coz it makes them look more femenin. Great anime! Enjoyed it so far and looking forward to see loads more episodes. Characters are all preety nice.

aznroyale
Thu, 02-16-2006, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by: KaosSinner
Hey! has anyone noticed Saya, Creed and this new girl are all wearing exactly the same necklace? I suddenly noticed when watching all apisodes by third time. There might be some connection between those 3 characters or maybe theyre just wearing the same piece of jelwery coz it makes them look more femenin. Great anime! Enjoyed it so far and looking forward to see loads more episodes. Characters are all preety nice.

i was gonna say that too

masamuneehs
Mon, 02-20-2006, 05:22 AM
Well, it seems that some people do still actually enjoy this show, so why not keep updating when new episodes come out?

Black Cat - Episode 17 - Oyasumi fansubs (avi format) (http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/%5BOyasumi%5D_Black_Cat_17_%5B28034BFA%5D.avi.torr ent)

As much as I hoped this show would be good in the beginning it really turns me off at times. The humor is hit and miss, the action can be bare at times, and then there's all the things they left out /changed from the manga, including lots of kickass action...

Anyway, let's hope this episode is better (but since, from the preview, it seems to feature the Sweepers Alliance, I sorta doubt it will be...)

Aeon
Mon, 02-20-2006, 02:56 PM
For a moment there I thought X was becoming the new Creed with his admiration for Train.

Kraco
Mon, 02-20-2006, 04:08 PM
Not a terribly meaningful episode, but I guess it offered decent action and took the plot a little forward.

However, what use is it to develop Tao/nanotech monsters, if they end up being so lousy that they can't kick anybody's but an ordinary civilian's ass?

Darknodin
Mon, 02-20-2006, 04:13 PM
ya... even Rins was beating them up!

darkmetal505
Mon, 02-20-2006, 04:15 PM
thats terrible, the gernade took place for that. The only redeeming part was the Chronos numbers (number 10 was supposed to be revealed later i do believe).

Man Creed can get a hot woman, but he settle for Train.

masamuneehs
Mon, 02-20-2006, 06:43 PM
The second they introduced the leader of the Sweepers Alliance I got a feeling it was going to be the new Chronos #X, Lin. (the old #X was Ash, Naizer's partner who Creed killed).

bah, again they took altered a really cool manga scene (when Lin appears for the first time he is in disguise, wearing a hat. When he takes the hat off to say hello his face changes to a different one, showing that he is a master of illusions, but not that he is a Chronos #) Also, how did Train know about Lin? Lin joined after Ash got killed, which was just after Train left Chronos. But the two of them are acting like they know one another...

Lin and Train are like friends now? Wtf? They're supposed to hate each others' guts....

Great. They went and turned Doctor into the cliche anime mad scientist. He is supposed to be calm and heartless, not mad and manic...

This episode started out well enough but the entire second half was really pretty shitty. I hope they don't screw up the rest of the Chronos #s...

KaosSinner
Tue, 02-21-2006, 08:36 AM
anywhere I can download the manga? seems mangas are always better or at least thats what Ive heard.

masamuneehs
Tue, 02-21-2006, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by: KaosSinner
anywhere I can download the manga? seems mangas are always better or at least thats what Ive heard.

sorry, it seems I posted a bad link in the top post. It should be fixed now.

I got my Black Cat from MangaTraders. Akatsuki is the group that puts out the best releases, but they've only done up to Volume 14. MangaTraders has up to Volume 17 on their site, but i'm not that far along yet.

I'll try to post a link to wherever you can find the rest of the manga.

If anyone else wants to help out, feel free.Download Black Cat manga here (http://www.mangatraders.com/filebrowser/Black%20Cat)

Honoko
Tue, 02-21-2006, 11:47 PM
the only redeeming quality of this entire ep was how Train stopped Echidna from putting a bullet into his head. I thought that was pretty cool. Everything else was gay. "It's okay to use us as a diversion because the mad scientist sent a bunch of monsters at us." <-- The most cringe-worthy reason to put aside differences and work together.

Strike Freedom
Mon, 02-27-2006, 11:31 PM
http://datorrents.com/download...DEE8175%5D.avi.torrent (http://datorrents.com/download.asp?id=7338&name=%5BOyasumi%5D_Black_Cat_ 18_%5BCDEE8175%5D.avi.torrent)

For all those who are still Black Cat fans, here is episode 18 above, enjoy i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

NeoBear
Tue, 02-28-2006, 05:58 AM
man this show has relly gone to shit not that it was ever much to begin with

Kraco
Tue, 02-28-2006, 06:05 AM
Well, at least there was lots of action. But still not nearly enough people are dying. I thought the ragtag group of sweepers and numbers was introduced so that they would later die like flies.

masamuneehs
Tue, 02-28-2006, 09:18 AM
I've said it once, I'll say it again: the pacing in this anime is horrible. Its like they just animate everything and randomly scramble scenes together, splicing that overdramatic opera music over the top of everything.

This episode had action, but it wasn't very exciting. Want to know why? No build-up. None. Last episode ended with the boat exploding, but it really lacked the feel of 'we're about to go into an important battle'. This episode just starts with ass-tons of fighting, not even any introduction to half of the Chronos Numbers. How can a viewer care if Maro or David wins if they don't even know the first thing about David? One of the random Sweepers got hurt and Li says his name. I didn't even know that guy had a name. What the hell do I care if he dies? River and all those Sweepers, who the hell can honestly be attached to them after less than two episodes (in which they were in the background for the most part)? And River taking on those Apostle Soldiers with his bare fists is assinine. In the manga Train's bullets can't even get through their armor, but in their transformed states River's fist sends them flying?

The Eve/Leon fight. Good moments, some decent action sequences, repetetive dialogue. And did anyone else feel like they just kept recycling animation when it was over, occasionally adding streams of light and wind, cuz they ran out of time? What was with changing Eve's hair color? Someone forget to do a color balance before the episode aired?

And how do they follow-up the 'dramatic' Eve/Leon fight? Switch to two random Sweepers making asses of themselves running away. Then Train, Sven and Eve hiding comically in the bushes. The end of Leon's fight should have been the end of the episode if it was going to be important. The parts afterwards is like holding a drunken feast after a funeral.

Sephiria vs. Creed next episode? (Echidna is no match for Sepheria, I'm not even counting like she's present). That might be cool, except they really fucked Sepheria's character up by having her lose to Creed in like the 2nd episode of the series.

Boo this show, boo!

Knives122
Tue, 02-28-2006, 09:51 AM
yeah this show is really getting boring, I basically skipped eps 15 and 16 b/c I didn't feel like watching them.

they need to end it...

Darknodin
Tue, 02-28-2006, 10:37 AM
wow... that was a mess... it was scenes tacked together. about Eve's color, i was wondering too, but it was because of the weird clouds.
only good part about that ep... the two guys "special move"... but it pisses me off. the Eve fight could have been great, but it seems like they ran out of money on something. Maybe they paid too much for the license?

aznroyale
Tue, 02-28-2006, 10:05 PM
Chronos own =]

Aeon
Tue, 02-28-2006, 11:28 PM
So I'm guessing that the Chronos numbers with the bazooka and the other died when they had Creed captive since they are nowhere to be found, Next ep better have lots of Jenos action .

masamuneehs
Wed, 03-01-2006, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by: Aeon
So I'm guessing that the Chronos numbers with the bazooka and the other died when they had Creed captive since they are nowhere to be found, Next ep better have lots of Jenos action .

I do think that's what they did. Rat bastards... The Cerberus (Jenos, Naizer (knuckles, fought Creed in episode 2 also), Belga (bazooka guy)) raid on Creed's castle was one of the best parts in the manga. Naizer got all of 5 minutes in the entire anime, but even Creed acknowledges his power in the manga (and rightfully fucking so!) How Jenos survives but none of the other two (seemed) to from that raid makes NO sense whatsoever.

I don't know if they've ever confirmed who died and who didn't in the anime, so I'm keeping my trap shut. I also didn't like how in the anime they made Jenos out to be the leader of Cerberus when it was really supposed to be Naizer calling the shots. Talk about snubbing a good character to shine the spotlight on the pretty boy...

Strike Freedom
Wed, 03-01-2006, 09:45 AM
that's one thing about this show that bothers me, they show so many characters and at times may just completely forget about them or just kill them off (i'm assuming). other than that, i still think it has some potential given some of the other anime i've seen. I'm just hoping for something (SOMETHING BIG) to develop.

darkmetal505
Wed, 03-01-2006, 12:51 PM
good episode (not using the manga). I wish they could have strecthed the fights a bit, maybe 1 or 2 more episodes.

Leon's expression was pretty awesome "WTF! are those boobs?!"

I like how Creed rocked out to his theme music.

Aeon
Mon, 03-06-2006, 09:08 PM
Black Cat 19 By Oyasumi (http://datorrents.com/download.asp?id=7563&name=%5BOyasumi%5D_Black_Cat_ 19_%5B816CE022%5D.avi.torrent)

Hopefully #1 puts up a better fight this time, isn't she the leader of the Chronos Numbers?

aznroyale
Mon, 03-06-2006, 11:34 PM
yeah shes the leader of the Chrono #s
Creed had such a bad childhood

Aeon
Tue, 03-07-2006, 12:57 AM
This eps only redeeming factor was Saya showing up in spiritual form. And does anyone else think that the guy at the end looks like Killua's grandfather from HunterxHunter?

NeoBear
Tue, 03-07-2006, 07:15 AM
wtf this show is shit now i cant beleave they just let him go

Kraco
Tue, 03-07-2006, 07:31 AM
And does anyone else think that the guy at the end looks like Killua's grandfather from HunterxHunter?

Damn I thought that old geezer looked very familiar, but I couldn't quite place him.

Yeah, I didn't much like how this ep ended. Wasn't the bounty for Creed like a billion, and Train just let him walk away. First he all the time preaches how he's a sweeper now, and can't kill anybody blah blah blah, and then he just lets the target walk away after defeating him. This show just keeps getting shittier and shittier all the time.

darkmetal505
Tue, 03-07-2006, 05:53 PM
uh this show just passed the manga, or least as far as it was translated. They just developed a new plot.

Splash!
Tue, 03-07-2006, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by: darkmetal505
uh this show just passed the manga, or least as far as it was translated. They just developed a new plot.

Is that so. That explains why its predicted to end in upto 3-4 episodes and why it has become such crap!

Lucifus
Tue, 03-07-2006, 06:32 PM
I'm want to pick up on another weekly anime, would you guys recommend this one?

NeoBear
Tue, 03-07-2006, 08:48 PM
I would recomend the manga people say it doesnt suck and this does

Aeon
Tue, 03-07-2006, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by: Lucifus

Pick up either Mai Hime/Otome or One Piece instead.

Knives122
Tue, 03-07-2006, 09:53 PM
I really need to start watching Otome before it ends..., these guys doing what I think is the "final battle" at ep 19 is hella-gay

Board of Command
Tue, 03-07-2006, 10:42 PM
That has to be the shittiest "final battle" in history.

Kraco
Wed, 03-08-2006, 03:01 AM

Yeah. Black Cat is evil. It starts very promising, but then gets steadily worse and worse until it finally fell to the muds with this episode. Things like this make you only angry: You can't help but feel they wasted a great idea totally.

masamuneehs
Wed, 03-08-2006, 08:17 AM

Pick up Black Cat the manga instead!

masamuneehs
Wed, 03-08-2006, 02:41 PM
wow, episode 19....

talk about getting ahead of yourselves... (as darkmetal said, the anime is now ahead of the manga...)

the fact that both Sven and a (useless) Eve fought Preta Ghoul as a 'dramatic fight' is BS.... that chump River could have handled him (although, after catching up in the manga, I must say that River really isn't a chump, he's just poorly developed in the anime)

Shiki, Doctor and the other two Apostles didn't help Creed at all.... come on now...

I still don't see how Train managed to break both Sepheria's sword AND Creed's Imagine Blade with the same shot (tho I really enjoyed how they animated the Level 2 Imagine Blade. that thing is wicked).

Creed's childhood makes me want to cry. Best part of the episode. Putting Saya's song over it and doing it after he lost was perfect.

At times this episode seemed to 'run out of resources'. We'd have lots of fast pace fighting with tons of frames every second, then static shots for anywhere from 5- 45 seconds... Whoever made this really has no idea what a 'budget' is do they?

What happened to Kyouko, Charden, Rins, Belze and Naizer? (tho in Naizer's case I guess him and Belga are both dead)
How come IV and XIII are with Doctor, Shiki, Eathes and the new Apostle? They were always portrayed as being the most loyal Chronos Numbers....

edit: shit, double post. Sorry bout that.

Yukimura
Wed, 03-08-2006, 03:05 PM
XIII is Train, The guy with the thing on his head (Yu Yu Hakusho?) is number II, I assume your talking about the tall guy on the far left with the old Vegeta and Co. I don't think they showed his number yet. And is Eathes the name of the old Vegeta looking guy? I know he's involved with Chronos but I'm not sure how the structure of the organization works, is he like a board member or something?

Lucifus
Wed, 03-08-2006, 03:12 PM
Manga potential for an anime is great, but they totally screwed the anime. I'll check out the manga, though never read one before.

@Aeon, Mai Hime/Otome huh? Sure, I'll check it out, loved your last anime recommendation. =)

masamuneehs
Wed, 03-08-2006, 03:30 PM
shit, sorry, I meant number VIII. Eathes isn't the old guy either... In fact, I'm pretty sure that character (along with the old guy) are making their first appearence in the anime in these final seconds of episode 19. Eathes is the blonde with glasses, above Shiki. Does that face seem familiar to anyone?...

The guy with the helmet and the black haired guy on the other side of them are the two Chronos Numbers I was talking about. Neither of them are number II. II is Belze, big blonde guy who hasn't gotten alot of screentime, he was in the first opening though.

Darknodin
Wed, 03-08-2006, 04:14 PM
Manga potential for an anime is great, but they totally screwed the anime. I'll check out the manga, though never read one before.

@Aeon, Mai Hime/Otome huh? Sure, I'll check it out, loved your last anime recommendation. =)

Mai Otome is a great show and is among my favourites... but its nearly over. Other good shows I think are Eureka 7, Solty Rei (nearly over too) and Zipang (my favourite this season although its only this season because its being subbed at the slowest possible speed). Mai Otome and Solty Rei and light-hearted (kinda) while the other two shows are darker.

masamuneehs
Mon, 03-13-2006, 07:21 PM
Well, episode 20 is out from Oyasumi... I guess we're about to see what the next story is going to be like. Obviously I am not filled with enthusiasm. Anytime an anime passes the manga it's a bad sign, and this anime was getting pretty bad before the main story ended.

Anyone know how many episodes this series is supposed to last? At first I'd heard 50, but the way they rushed the main storyline and the apparent lack of resources/$ that seems to pop up from time to time makes me think this show is getting axed at 26 episodes.

Black Cat Episode 20 - Oyasumi fansubs (http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/%5BOyasumi%5D_Black_Cat_20_%5BF26540A8%5D.avi.torr ent)

Aeon
Mon, 03-13-2006, 11:53 PM
I think I read somewhere that it was over at 23, and I'm really tired of seeing Sepheria lose. You would think she would be pretty unstoppable being the top Chrnos number. Anubis looked awesome(reminded me of Red XIII, he must be the best number after Jenos of course.

Kraco
Tue, 03-14-2006, 05:42 AM
Well, it looks like "save the kidnapped princess" story will end this series, if this indeed ends up being 23-26 episodes long. It would have made a bit more sense to just end the whole thing with Creed, but I suppose they wanted to tell more about Eve.

One strange thing about this series is Train's character. He hasn't actually developed at all after the first episodes, when he transformed from a hitman to a sweeper. After that he has gone through zero change. Basically that means he has degenerated, because zero growth is actually regress. This is strange, because the whole series is named after him, so you would assume he would be the focus.

Well, it wasn't such a good show anyway, so I suppose it's not so strange after all.

Knives122
Tue, 03-14-2006, 09:16 AM
man this show is so disappointing I don't even feel like watching it anymore. It started out great but now it's just boring.

In otherwords: technically to me the show ended when Train beat Creed, so I'm done with it.

good thing the eps are on re-writable dics :D

darkmetal505
Tue, 03-14-2006, 03:01 PM
yea, this sucked. Chronos and the Apostles working together? They totally missed the best fight in the manga also.

outkast7053
Tue, 03-14-2006, 03:33 PM
so overall would you guys recommend watching this show or not?

masamuneehs
Tue, 03-14-2006, 03:43 PM
so overall would you guys recommend watching this show or not?
a strong no.
read the manga instead and pick up one of the news series like Ergo Proxy or Eureka7. Or you could always go for a classic oldy like Legend of Galctic Heroes or Now and Then, Here and There.

edit: I've given up on this show. I might still post the links to torrents, but I'm not watching it anymore. Quite a shame

suckitdry
Sun, 03-19-2006, 09:48 AM
How this show end so fast? Creed already beat? That not happen yet in the manga! :( :( Stupid shitty anime spoiling tha manga... I never heard of such a thing happen...

This show started good. Now it crap, crap on a crap cracker. I declare Martian Law on this anime creators!

aznroyale
Mon, 03-20-2006, 10:22 PM
Oyasumi (http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/%5BOyasumi%5D_Black_Cat_21_%5B1D582030%5D.avi.torr ent)
eps 21

Kraco
Tue, 03-21-2006, 05:41 AM
Hmm... I expected the old geezer and the mad scientist would have been the first ones to received the nanomachines, but of course not. Considering how disappointing this series has lately been, it just had to choose the traditional, unsurprising path.

Yukimura
Tue, 03-21-2006, 08:33 PM
Wow, madman tries to destroy world using impressionable super-powered little girl with social issues, this is just reaking of originality and creativity. I don't give up on a series after I start watching it but all Black Cat seems to be good for recently is being an excuse for me to boost my post count by griping.

What the hell happened to this show, it had good charachters, great adversarial setup, protagonist/antagonist with a deep past and pretty good chemistry between the charachters. The problem is that side charachters keep coming in and eating away at the strong core of the show, creating plots that are pointless, stupid and worst of all make no sense whatsoever. I'm definately going to read the manga as many suggested since the show showed so much promise, but it almost boggles my mind how a solid idea can be ruined like this... then again, Gundam SEED Destiny.

Nai
Tue, 03-21-2006, 08:41 PM
Yeah, I personally stopped watching right after the episode in which Creed was defeated and turned a "good guy." It also sucks that my favorite character, Charden, just sort of disappeared from the show. Then again, all the interesting characters have pretty much evaporated and been replaced with pure shit.

This show would indeed set the record for wasted potential if not for Gundam SEED Destiny.

For shame.

aznroyale
Mon, 03-27-2006, 08:55 PM
Oyasumi (http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/%5BOyasumi%5D_Black_Cat_22_%5B106BDA06%5D.avi.torr ent)
eps 22

Kraco
Tue, 03-28-2006, 04:25 AM
This episode presented some strange air force tactics: Just fly around and very near the target without shooting a single shot or launching a single missile. I'm not altogether sure what the generals in charge of the air assault were thinking...

Did anybody else get the feeling the script writers had no idea what to do with Kyoko in this episode? It's just sad how they treated her character. Almost as sad as how bad this series ended up.

darkmetal505
Tue, 03-28-2006, 08:50 PM
This episode presented some strange air force tactics: Just fly around and very near the target without shooting a single shot or launching a single missile. I'm not altogether sure what the generals in charge of the air assault were thinking...

Did anybody else get the feeling the script writers had no idea what to do with Kyoko in this episode? It's just sad how they treated her character. Almost as sad as how bad this series ended up.

Agreed, again they are pulling crap out of their booties. The new manga chapters are being translated though, you should hit up on those.

Paulyboy
Wed, 03-29-2006, 05:24 PM
I checked up on this links on the 1st page, where can I get a good tracker with good seeds. I need episode 1 and up.

masamuneehs
Wed, 03-29-2006, 05:42 PM
Paulyboy, trust me when I say that I am doing you a favor by NOT giving you links or any directions to finding this horrible series. I strongly encourage you to quit this foolish search for your own good. It is not worth it. There are lots of good animes out there worth watching, and this is not one of them.

Board of Command
Wed, 03-29-2006, 06:41 PM
Agreed, again they are pulling crap out of their booties.
I was very skeptical about the scene where Train shoots those monsters from several kilometers away. Seriously, how can he even shoot at those monsters if he can't see them, hear them or smell them? Let alone the fact that it is physically impossible for a handgun to have that kind of accuracy. I'll accept 500 meters if it's Train shooting, but that kind of range is just ridiculous.

darkmetal505
Wed, 03-29-2006, 08:38 PM
I was very skeptical about the scene where Train shoots those monsters from several kilometers away. Seriously, how can he even shoot at those monsters if he can't see them, hear them or smell them? Let alone the fact that it is physically impossible for a handgun to have that kind of accuracy. I'll accept 500 meters if it's Train shooting, but that kind of range is just ridiculous.

Well Hades is supposed to an uber awesome gun, but that was still a little far fetched. Im sure can sense them somehow though.

Aeon
Wed, 03-29-2006, 11:16 PM
Hmmm did I miss a ep? I never really liked this show so I wasnt really keeping up with it's releases so which ep was it when Charden went against Sepheria? She's my second favorite Chrnos # behind Jenos of course so I'd actually like to see her win a fight. Besides Kyouko Jenos line about giving Rins a hug was the highlight of the ep.

Yukimura
Thu, 03-30-2006, 01:27 AM
I don't think Charden ever fought Sephira, or any Chrono Numbers, I believe he and Kyoku left the group while Creed was getting souped up with nano-Tao.

I have now fully realized that this show blows. I'm deleting all the old eps, though i'll watch the last episode(s) is it really over at 23? I've never heard of a series stopping at 23 before but FMA went 51 so it's not completely unprecedented to end on an odd number.

Anyway, to all 0 anime producers out there on our forums, if your anime catches the manga it's based on, stop production. it's okay, the money will still be there when you come back for Anime that Caught it's Manga - Season 2! You know you don't have a budget for writers, and you damn sure aren't going to get a budget increase if you try to pitch, "Hey, I'm taking this brilliant manga artists story and giving it to this hack fresh out of the Tokyo Art and Film Academy to do with as he pleases"

Board of Command
Thu, 03-30-2006, 09:06 PM
It ends at 24.

This show started out very promising, but it pretty much fell apart after Train joined the team.

aznroyale
Sun, 04-02-2006, 08:35 PM
Oyasumi (http://datorrents.com/download.asp?id=8407&name=%5BOyasumi%5D_Black_Cat_23_%5BEND%5D%5B777C7E 65%5D.avi.torrent)
eps 23 Its The END

Yukimura
Mon, 04-03-2006, 03:21 AM
So the grabage pile finally stops growing. What can I say about this series that hasn't already been said. It was bad enough that they ended one episode early. And they didn't even bother writing a real plot. A high schooler in a drama class could have written that ending, thouhg it might have made some sense if they did. I say we all forget this anime ever existed,bury the forum and move on to better things

Kraco
Mon, 04-03-2006, 07:30 AM
It's over and not an episode too soon. What an epitome of wasted potential. The producers no doubt realised that themselves and thus ended it here. Ended an action series with a climax episode with not a single good fight. Somehow that's fitting.

Bye bye Black Cat. You won't be missed.

Board of Command
Mon, 04-03-2006, 07:39 PM
That was one of the worst endings ever. Almost to the level of Evangelion.

Aeon
Mon, 04-03-2006, 07:44 PM
Yes it was bad, It was also confusing at first. I thought Leon and everyone on the copter were captured since it showed them in a happy place. Then I realized that they were switching back and forth with the ending. I really wanted it to have more Jenos, Rins, Kyouko shame those characters will never be heard of again.

aznroyale
Tue, 04-04-2006, 02:17 PM
it was a horrible ending, i wanted to break something wasting my time watching this

dragonrage
Sat, 04-29-2006, 12:06 AM
well i just finished watching out the remaining episodes, and i must say IT FUCKING SUCK ASS.... after such a promising start (the first few episodes) it started circling the drain, and after what i just saw it was just pure shit. The fight scenes in the last few epsiode actually hurt me when i watched it. Why you might ask did i continue to watch? It is because once i start watching a series i must watch it to the end.

well i know that you ALL you know this. I was just posting my opinion. For those of you out there that are considering watching this series, STOP and run as far away as you can.

blizeH
Mon, 12-18-2006, 12:07 PM
"Sven! The wings didn't come out!"

:D

Up to episode 15 so far, absolutely loving this series, it's fantastic! Will post more when I'm finished :P

Kraco
Mon, 12-18-2006, 01:02 PM
If you are still loving this series, you should drop it now. Because nearing the end you will hate this abomination for wasting its potential in such an utterly horrible way. The end of Black Cat makes even Naruto fillers seem like brilliant script writing.

Ryllharu
Mon, 12-18-2006, 01:06 PM
If you like the franchise at all, switch to the manga immediately. Even if you don't like reading scans on a computer, we cannot emphasize enough how terrible the Black Cat anime gets. The manga, is one of the better series I've read. Well drawn, good characters, and funny.

The anime, by contrast, is one of the worst series I've ever seen, and I've watched at least 175 series in my anime watching years. A horrible adaptation of a good manga. It's Negima anime bad. Do yourself a favor, and switch before you ruin the series for yourself.

Short-haired Eve at the end <3

Munsu
Mon, 12-18-2006, 01:12 PM
I didn't go beyond past episode 7 I think, and that's saying something for someone who likes pretty much anything.

Yukimura
Mon, 12-18-2006, 04:26 PM
Just to add gas onto the fire, STOP WATCHING! Black Cat was the first anime that I ever deleted without burning for a repeat watching. The badness was just too much to handle.

Edit @ Below: I watched every episode, and I stand by what I said. Different from the manga or not it was just not a good story after around episode 15 or so.

Hiwatari
Tue, 12-19-2006, 02:30 AM
I thought the fighting was ok for this anime. especially during the confrontation battles with Creed and gang. I think what's wrong with Black Cat was that somewhere in the middle of this anime there was some dragginess. And for once i actually thought that Sven, being one of the key characters, was quite annoying to me cos his laid-back attitude didn't quite match the fast-paced plot which characterises this genre of anime. And for those who are are watching this after viewing the manga, bear in mind that there are differences in the manga and in the anime. I think this is rather common in most anime.

Take Death Note for instance. So far it has been following the manga quite loyally, but i'm pretty sure it will deviate soon from one way or another cos if the anime follows the manga strictly, its going to span quite a number of episodes. Unless if they intend a 52-episode saga of course...that's a different matter altogether.

But oh well to each his own. For those who never watch Black Cat till the end and pass an unfair judgement and stereotype on this anime itself, i think its pretty unfair. Watch it till the end and then maybe u can post a better critique of the anime

blizeH
Sun, 12-24-2006, 05:42 AM
Just finished watching it; I thought it was ace! Yet another anime to add to the list that I've thoroughly enjoyed, in fact, I've now watched about ten and absolutely loved eight of them! Seems to be a lot of Black Cat hate in this thread, what exactly is it that put you guys off so much?

The storyline seemed great, it progressed at a great pace, and characters were introduced in a way that gave you enough time to warm to them (and trust me, a lot of the characters are very likeable!) but also at a fast enough pace to keep it interesting; just like the storyline. The emotions of the characters were interesting too; the relationship between Eve and Sven in particular was fantastic, especially the opening scenes where they first met, and I also liked the way that Saya managed to completely transform Train, and then the way he then battled with his former self to stay as the good person he'd become etc.

It wasn't all good though, near the end the pacing seemed a little off, it was great to see a (slightly predictable) change of heart from a certain person, but there seemed to be a lot that went on in the final episode that could of been covered in a little more detail, in fact, the whole last three episodes were kinda sucky, but only because I was pretty wierded out by the whole Eden thing (the entity, not the imaginary world!).

On the whole though it had a brilliant mix of action, humour and charm, with one or two soppy bits thrown in for good measure, the animation and sound were great too (especially loved the opening theme). Great stuff!

Honoko
Sun, 12-24-2006, 08:16 AM
I can't keep quiet about this any longer.

First of all, the last three eps were pure garbarge as it was an "arc" that never showed up in the original manga and it was an "arc" so poorly written you would think those people in japan held an amateur script-writing contest and went along with the loser's script. Second of all, go read the manga. If you thought this series was great, the actual, COMPREHENSIBLE storyline from which this anime series is "based" on will leave you drooling and moaning over the creative hack you first saw.

Moreover, this manga isn't an ongoing series, unlike a lot of anime-based mangas today. So there will be closure, mostly, except for the mystery of how such a decent storyline got mutilated and hacked to pieces.

Yukimura
Sun, 12-24-2006, 04:47 PM
blizeH if you've only watched 10 titles and you liked Black Cat I'm forced to wonder what other stuff you've been watching. It's good that you recognized that the last few eos were utter crap but with a few dozen more series under your belt you would probably realize that ending the show with something so completely random and stupid is a very bad thing and takes away from the show's overall cradablity and 'goodness'.

blizeH
Sun, 12-24-2006, 07:11 PM
Hmm, I've never read the manga, so I've nothing to compare it to in that respect, although if it's as good as everyone says it is then I guess I'd be dissapointed too with the anime, but as it is, I still really enjoyed it :D

The other anime I've watched includes series like Naturo (some), hack//sign, hack//luminaility, Last Exile, Scrapped Princess, Berserk, Tenjou Tenge, FLCL and Rurouni Kenshin OAV :)