PDA

View Full Version : Anime

Mizuchi
Sun, 02-12-2006, 12:13 AM
Umm my thread was locked so i gotta remake one. Also this one a bit diff. Ive been using bearshare to get my anime but it doesnt have much anime on it. Is there anything else I can use that gets good quality anime? Also i prefer that the program allows u to UNSHARE your files. Any suggestions?

aznimperialx
Sun, 02-12-2006, 12:22 AM
Why do you wanna UNSHARE your file. Don't be a prick the reason bittorent was created so everyone could share their files

And read the Thread Above your thread

nests
Sun, 02-12-2006, 03:44 AM
Sharing is caring if you dont wanna share then your just going to have to pay for it. By that I mean sites that offer direct downloads.

masamuneehs
Sun, 02-12-2006, 08:22 AM
No, no, don't worry. This time I won't bitch at you for creating another shitty thread. This time I'm going to try answering your questions.

Use Bittorrent. I prefer the uTorrent client, as it lets you pick what episodes to download out of a batch file (so if I'm DLing Monster 1-13, but only want episodes 10-12, I can just get those episodes and not need to waste my time and space getting the rest). For more information on Bittorent go to the BT Support section of this forum.

You say "high quality" anime, but that can mean two things. I could download an episode of Naruto, a high quality anime, but it can be all grainy. I could get a "high quality" episode of Fruit Baskets, meaning that it has great picture quality, great sound, etc. But Fruit Baskets is a shitty anime. A "high quality" release depends on two main things: the fansub group releasing it and the file format it is encoded in. You may need different media players and/or codecs to play different file formats. Support for that can also be found using the Search function.

Another good way of finding "high quality" anime is to pick a fansub group that you know does good work and releases high quality episodes of high quality animes. I did this with Anime-Kraze. I saw one show of theirs, didn't know much about other anime, and just went and started picking out other shows they'd done. I recommend Monster, Last Exile, Scrapped Princess, Hundred Stories and Paranoia Agent, in that order.

http://www.anime-kraze.org/

Anime News Network also has brief, usually impartial, synopsis of animes. Check "30 second anime review" in the General Anime section of this forum as well. I'll be interested to see if you can go about getting Bittorrent, downloading episodes, and playing them successfully without having to make more repetitive topics i/expressions/rolleye.gif

Kraco
Sun, 02-12-2006, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs
I could get a "high quality" episode of Fruit Baskets, meaning that it has great picture quality, great sound, etc. But Fruit Baskets is a shitty anime.

You are alone with this opinion. Fruits Basket is number 9 in Animenfo Top200 list. And it's an excellent series. You should really pick a better example next time, even if you personally didn't like a series.

Well, otherwise I have nothing to say. But I couldn't let that go without a different opinion.

Carnage
Sun, 02-12-2006, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by: Kraco

Originally posted by: masamuneehs
I could get a "high quality" episode of Fruit Baskets, meaning that it has great picture quality, great sound, etc. But Fruit Baskets is a shitty anime.

You are alone with this opinion. Fruits Basket is number 9 in Animenfo Top200 list. And it's an excellent series. You should really pick a better example next time, even if you personally didn't like a series.

Well, otherwise I have nothing to say. But I couldn't let that go without a different opinion.

But the Animeenfo Top200 list is all opinionated as well. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, unless its comming from an idiot. (Nobody better use this against me, loli/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif)