PDA

View Full Version : 30 Second Game Review

Turkish-S
Sat, 02-11-2006, 05:25 PM
The purpose of this thread is to get exposure for a game, or write a flaming diatribe against one with a short, summarized review of it.

1) No spoilers. Anything you find out within the first twenty minutes isn't a spoiler.
2) Don't write too much or too little. A paragraph is fine. Don't write two sentences, don't write a page, and you'll be fine.
3) I suppose doing popular games' is inevitable but try not to do reviews of counter strike ,Halo or GTA or stuff that people have obviously heard 10,000 opinions on unless you have something fresh to say. However, I do recommend reviewing critically acclaimed pieces that still don't get enough love here.
4) Also put some screens/gameplay footage in your review so we can see how it looks

kingdom under fire Heroes/The Crusaders
platform Xbox

These games are so fucking good. It's about a few heroes (4 in The Crusaders and 7 in Heroes) they all have there own commanders/army's ,skills and there own story's, but there ways sometime cross. Its pretty cliche but that doesn't really make the game bad becouse the gamplay is pretty neat. You'll now think it's an RPG but its isn't becouse you command a army but you can also upgrade them and yourself by buying new weapons and armor or use your exp to upgrade your other armys. There are 2 different species the humans and the dark legion. The game is very hard and i can only give you the advice to save every accomplished level on a different slot. I can't beat the game myself becouse it's just too hard. The learning time is like 2 hours (you dan't have a tutorial or something) ...i can't tell you much about the story becouse i think you have to find it out by yourself.. if you want some footage get it here... official site (minor spoilers) (http://www.kuftc.com/)

I will make more reviews later on .

(mods if you like the idea stick it if you don't lock it and let it die)

LobsterMagnet
Sat, 02-11-2006, 08:36 PM
I like the idea alot. Kinda a nice continuation of the 30 second anime review.

Indigo Prophecy: Hurray for the return of the adventure game. Indigo prophecy finally fufills the long held promise of an interactive movie. It's filled with compelling drama that you control, although it does have action it dosen't consist of the run and gun variety. Game play is far more rich and cerebral. Any of you who consider yourself gamers and film carneseirs eagerly looking for the next big thing in story telling owe it to yourselves to pick this one up. Years latter this will probably considered to be a hugely influential and ground breaking game.

Shenmue II: I don't know if any of you have overlooked this classic but if you have an Xbox you have an obligation to see the continuation of yu suzuki's epic and infleuntial epic which unfortunately will never see a sequel. It's not too difficult to see shenmue influence on modern gameplay. Some of the mechanics are a bit archaic but overall to those who stick with this one will ultimatly be quite rewarded by the end with great character development and sweepingly engrossing game world and story.

Err that's all for now, when I think of new one's I'll be sure to post'em.

ChaosK
Sat, 02-11-2006, 09:50 PM
irregular/maverick hunter X (the remake of NES version for PSP): this game is the origional and classic megaman X game with all new designs and graphics. The story is the same except the light capsules and all upgardes have been moved. If you beat the game once, you will be rewarded with a whole nother side of the story and also a movie featuring information on the whole entire X series! The game is still 2D side running which is what makes the megaman games great. Even without 3D graphics this game will make you see the world of Megaman in a whole different perspective. A MUST for all megaman fans and even for people who enjoy classic mario like games. Anybody who has a PSP is probably disappointed with the lack of good games, but this is the one that will make you glad you bought it.

KitKat
Sun, 02-12-2006, 03:28 PM
TS, if you're going to blatantly plaigarize, at least acknowledge your source. Copying someone else's writing is not cool. Either write it all in your own words, or use quotations and explicitly state that it was written by Y.

Turkish-S
Mon, 02-13-2006, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by: KitKat
TS, if you're going to blatantly plaigarize, at least acknowledge your source. Copying someone else's writing is not cool. Either write it all in your own words, or use quotations and explicitly state that it was written by Y.

everyboddy knows that i have ripped it from Y..... atleast i think so..

RedX1z
Sun, 09-24-2006, 10:36 PM
i'm just going to do this for the hell of it.

guilty gear dust strikers(ds): this game is a really big disappointment. gameplay is basically something that's been done and overused many times and is nothing like the previous guilty gear games. in this one, you have 4 players going all out on one another on a huge field. you think it's alright at first, but later on it gets to you and you say "what the f*** is this piece of crap?". the graphics are awesome and all with their beautiful sprites, but that can't make up for the horrible fighting engine for this game, also the mini games they've added can't do much to put a smile on your face either. i give anyone who plays this game 15-20 minutes before they say every curse word in the book. this game doesn't match the greatness of the previous guilty gear games or doesn't come close. if you don't believe me on how horrible this game is, then go rent it.

trailer: http://youtube.com/watch?v=cQQaZ9WnTPc

the negatives: everything except the graphics.

star fox command(ds): let's just say, it's another snes star fox with all the bells and whistles. the gameplay is something old that we love along with something new that makes it even better. this is where the touch screen of the ds comes into play, basically you maneuver your ship, aim your shots, use bombs, perform special loops and shit by using your touch screen, and every other button on the ds basically just shoots. you basically just do missions that they give you in the game with the characters they give you. all of the characters they throw at you have different ship stats and unique abilties. that's not the best part. multiplayer is fun, also supports online play which adds another plus to the game. it's a game that lives up to the star fox franchise.

gameplay video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=wlPhk0qAt9M

the negatives: basically, everything is good and all, but something has to give. the multiplayer and online play is fun and all, but who's bright idea was it to not give us the option of choosing the character that we want and why can't we pick the stages we want when playing multiplayer?

megaman zx(ds): it's a megaman game, but i guess that's not going to cut it. the gameplay has changed a bit, but it's the same type of megaman we grew up with. gameplay is the same as most megaman games. the cutscenes and graphics are pretty nice which mainly takes after zero. you basically run around the huge map doing missions, collecting different types of metals(armors), and many other things. the metals gives you different and unique abilities like gliding, maneuvering underwater faster, item detectors, enemy analyzes, and many other things. it's a pretty nice feature to the game. this game is like no other megaman game. this one will take you a pretty long while, about 12-20 hours. all megaman fans are encouraged to get it, and to those are not are still encouraged to get it.

first cutscene(japanese version): http://youtube.com/watch?v=gzi3OUeXQ78

gameplay video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=DPIjoEpkLNs

trailer: http://youtube.com/watch?v=fcYNYjOQBWw

the negatives: capcom of america sorta got lazy when they took out the japanese voice acting for the dialogue and gave us no voice acting at all, except for the cutscenes where they gave us japanese with subtitles. seriously, though, what the hell is wrong with them?!