PDA

View Full Version : The Improved Front page

Deadfire
Fri, 02-10-2006, 01:05 AM
So What do you all think so far, about what our Web Team has done, If you don't know what I'm talking about I have some links for you

The Front page (http://www.gotwoot.net/)

About us (http://www.gotwoot.net/?q=node/5)

Gotwoot's own imagehosting (http://forums.gotwoot.net/gallery/)

Torrents (http://www.gotwoot.net/wp-torrents.php)

<u>Before you comment you must know that It's a generic design because it's just a temporary template!</u>

These are all new things, so make sure your comments address the right things, as well note the areas your having issues with

Anyways Discuss

Edit- Edited the gallery address and Torrent address

Assassin
Fri, 02-10-2006, 01:20 AM
Front page looks extremely generic, and gay. But as wilik mentioned on irc, its temp so thats fine. I do like the "who's new" and "who's online" features though. Nice touch.

Not much to say about the info page. nothing most of us didn't know before.

Love the imagehosting idea. Its something unique, atleast to me. If i understand correctly, each user will be able to have thier own album once its complete, so that would definately make community more...well community like.

Mite i suggest an anime reviews section. There used to be one before GW Evolution. Mite be a good idea to bring it back.

Knives122
the only thing I don't like is all the registering and hopefully it'll get better

BioAlien
it look great (much better than the old one)

but just a question, where are all the torrent now?, i know its not finish but... are they going to remove the torrent from the gotwoot website?

Assassin
Fri, 02-10-2006, 01:21 AM
They're trying to make it so you can use your normal account to log in. Or so i've been told

Turkish-S
Fri, 02-10-2006, 01:33 AM
i like this..

We apologize to all for slacking on the site for so long but rest assured those days are over and the sites evolution has begun.

hope it come's true.

nests
Fri, 02-10-2006, 01:39 AM
So are we suppoesd create an account or what

Deadfire
Fri, 02-10-2006, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by: Assassin
Front page looks extremely generic, and gay. But as wilik mentioned on irc, its temp so thats fine. I do like the "who's new" and "who's online" features though. Nice touch.

Not much to say about the info page. nothing most of us didn't know before.

Love the imagehosting idea. Its something unique, atleast to me. If i understand correctly, each user will be able to have thier own album once its complete, so that would definately make community more...well community like.

Mite i suggest an anime reviews section. There used to be one before GW Evolution. Mite be a good idea to bring it back.

True I know that they will change it soon, hopefully to look as cool as it was

My images are currently there although the limit on space my kill me, I'll have to compress some of my pics to show more, as well you can set your own folders which I find interesting.

There are so many review of animes out there that I would suggest either copy and pasting what is on one of the better review sites or link people there. If these reviews would be done by a person of alot of knowledge of the subject then i would argee to have some one do it

Originally posted by: Knives122
the only thing I don't like is all the registering and hopefully it'll get better

It will as soon as we can get the database to work with the site they are gold

Originally posted by: BioAlien
but just a question, where are all the torrent now?, i know its not finish but... are they going to remove the torrent from the gotwoot website?

The torrent page is down ATM as people have said, it's not known when it will be up, however it is being worked on

Originally posted by: nests
So are we suppoesd create an account or what

You can if you want or wait it out, I'm not going to force you

LaZie
Fri, 02-10-2006, 01:44 AM
The front page looks like it's been used elsewhere. The hosting idea is a nice touch though.

badass
Fri, 02-10-2006, 01:59 AM
Looks terrible. You'd be better off leaving it as it was.

2:25
Fri, 02-10-2006, 02:54 AM
I'm not gonna judge. Recreating is hard work and it's way too early to tell. I doubt they're done yet.

Did Krb leave? :&lt;

Kraco
Fri, 02-10-2006, 04:01 AM
Well, it looks more modern now, more business like. But it also looks far more generic like has been said already. But I suppose it will still develop. Some more graphics wouldn't hurt it.

complich8
Fri, 02-10-2006, 04:57 AM
it seems like "certain people" have taken a renewed interest in the site, in the last couple of days (err, hours) i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Hopefully the energy sticks around long enough for good things to happen.

Ciber
Fri, 02-10-2006, 07:10 AM
This is NOT how the final page will look like, this is simply a placeholder.

Ero-Fan
Fri, 02-10-2006, 07:40 AM
I like it, so far. It has a cleaner look to it.

RedX1z
Fri, 02-10-2006, 07:58 AM
it's plain and simple, nothing too flashy, but that's just me. i say it's alright.

Turkish-S
Fri, 02-10-2006, 08:09 AM
We should have a front page comp. with the photoshop whore's around here..

Terracosmo
Fri, 02-10-2006, 08:18 AM
The random images RULE. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Deadfire
Fri, 02-10-2006, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
The random images RULE.

Indeed!, The way they do the the pictures is very cool, We just have to wait to see more art from you all

Also links have been edited

kenren
Fri, 02-10-2006, 09:43 AM
i like the torrent page.

Terracosmo
Fri, 02-10-2006, 09:59 AM
Besides the ownage of the random image, I have the following comments:

The Front page and overall design is pretty generic as people have said, but it works. Though I prefer the previous one.

The torrents page is pretty nice.

But I actually have a hard time reading the comments (the ones that people can input after every new bit of news). They all look like jumbled and small and grey and... o_o

Ciber
Fri, 02-10-2006, 10:10 AM
It's generic because it's just a temporary template...

Suede is currently working on the new design.

Deadfire
Fri, 02-10-2006, 10:11 AM
Besides the ownage of the random image, I have the following comments:

The Front page and overall design is pretty generic as people have said, but it works. Though I prefer the previous one.

The torrents page is pretty nice.

But I actually have a hard time reading the comments (the ones that people can input after every new bit of news). They all look like jumbled and small and grey and... o_o

It will be fixed when we get a new design instead of the temp one, as well I would think it would be nice if every news post had a link to the content on the forums that is if the comments say the same. As well some users of these forums didn't know we had a frontpage so if the news is important then it should be posted here for comment as well.

As well a couple of those ramdom images are mine i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Honoko
Fri, 02-10-2006, 10:20 AM
why bother with a poll about what we think of the site if the layout of the whole thing is "generic" and not done yet?

i suppose i could guess that the way you're organizing the info is probably on the right track but in terms of looks, i don't want to say anything about it until you guys say, "okay, here's the nearly final result. what do you think?"

Deadfire
Fri, 02-10-2006, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by: Honoko
why bother with a poll about what we think of the site if the layout of the whole thing is "generic" and not done yet?

i suppose i could guess that the way you're organizing the info is probably on the right track but in terms of looks, i don't want to say anything about it until you guys say, "okay, here's the nearly final result. what do you think?"

In web design looks are always last, for alot of different reasons. I put up the poll because I hoped people would use it to rate not how it looked rather how it worked. Besides by time the final result would comeout we would see alot more then this one thread made about it. you can vote or not, I'm not going to force you

nests
Fri, 02-10-2006, 11:50 AM
Wow I love the idea of image hosting now I can have an actual reason to visit the homepage and not go directly to the forum very nice guys
The torrents page could be more organized have the name of the files all line up to the left and its going to be much better to read. The numbers for the Seed and leechers should be a little bigger and the dark blue text against a balck back ground is a bad idea, you can barely see it (I'm talking about the text the lets you go to specific torrents fo the series)
Other than that I can tell this is going to be a very good. you should also have a contest for people to make the banners for every section

Deadfire
Fri, 02-10-2006, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by: nests
Wow I love the idea of image hosting now I can have an actual reason to visit the homepage and not go directly to the forum very nice guys
The torrents page could be more organized have the name of the files all line up to the left and its going to be much better to read. The numbers for the Seed and leechers should be a little bigger and the dark blue text against a balck back ground is a bad idea, you can barely see it (I'm talking about the text the lets you go to specific torrents fo the series)
Other than that I can tell this is going to be a very good. you should also have a contest for people to make the banners for every section

That does sound like a good idea having the graphics on the home page done by the users of it, it would be a nice touch. The torrent page will change with the new template as well although I hope they intergate it better into the site

Knives122
Fri, 02-10-2006, 12:08 PM
question about the torrent page: will there only be selected series on there or will it be "put anything random" on there like tokyotosho?

XanBcoo
Fri, 02-10-2006, 12:26 PM
Question about logging in on the front page: what's the point? Is it just so you can use the imagehosting or leave comments?

Deadfire
Fri, 02-10-2006, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122
question about the torrent page: will there only be selected series on there or will it be "put anything random" on there like tokyotosho?

Thats a good question..I don't know

Originally posted by: XanBcoo
Question about logging in on the front page: what's the point? Is it just so you can use the imagehosting or leave comments?

As I said before you don't have too. but if you do you do get access to the imagehosting and leave comments. I'm also thinking that your account on the front page will intergate it's self in to your forum account in the near future. It's not a simple task so don't think it will be fast... It's easier said then done. Frackly at this point it's up to you

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 02-10-2006, 12:41 PM
I don't know what to say really considering that the page is only temporary. I do however like the idea of a revamped torrents page and the "random images" although, I think you also had that on the old front page. It rocked back then, it rocks now. Now, if only you could provide a link to the main page in the navigation bar at the top of the forums page, I would happy as a....just happy. goddamn it.

Assertn
Fri, 02-10-2006, 12:58 PM
How come the login system isn't linked to the forums like the community profile is?

Deadfire
Fri, 02-10-2006, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by: Uchiha Barles
I don't know what to say really considering that the page is only temporary. I do however like the idea of a revamped torrents page and the "random images" although, I think you also had that on the old front page. It rocked back then, it rocks now. Now, if only you could provide a link to the main page in the navigation bar at the top of the forums page, I would happy as a....just happy. goddamn it.

But these ramdom images are ones you upload i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

And the link to the front page is on the list

Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
How come the login system isn't linked to the forums like the community profile is?

It's part of the fact that the databases for users have not been intergated into one another, and because the way these two databases log data is different they need to bridge that gap, For that same reason the community seems to be at a loss when it comes to some things. Since the only thing they seem to share is the username and password. These are two values in the database table... with the front page it may log more then just that, or having the values in the tables different then the forums. Thus then we need to do some work to get this to intergate into the other one without schrewing with where the values are read by both of them. I can go in to more depth if you wish

Assertn
Fri, 02-10-2006, 01:52 PM
Why not store the front page info on a seperate table joined to the forum user table via a user id?

Yes, do go more in-depth because I'm familiar with database architecture.

Ciber
Fri, 02-10-2006, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by: Uchiha Barles

If you click the ugly banner at the top it'll now send you to the front page. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

BioAlien
Fri, 02-10-2006, 07:22 PM
lol the ugly banner... its not that ugly

Jadugar
Fri, 02-10-2006, 08:49 PM

Oh god my eyes, my eyes. I cant see anything.

Its alright I guess. Looking forward to the final phase of the front page.

Good work Deadfire.

Deadfire
Fri, 02-10-2006, 10:21 PM
Why not store the front page info on a seperate table joined to the forum user table via a user id?

Yes, do go more in-depth because I'm familiar with database architecture.

I can't honestly give you a answer to that one as i have no access to the database. I asked Ciber to answer this but he is busy ATM.... sorry

lol, the banner is a nice touch, I wonder who made it?. Maybe we can have a banner contest to make one to replace it.... or do what AMV.org does and have a ramdom banner made by a user show up

Originally posted by: Jadugar

Oh god my eyes, my eyes. I cant see anything.

Its alright I guess. Looking forward to the final phase of the front page.

Good work Deadfire.

I'll start by saying it wasn't me that was the work of your Admins, they are the ones that are making this project work. I was asked by Wilik to work on the project (or something else?) but it seems that they are doing well at the moment. All I'm doing is answering questions for you guys, so 1000 people don't pm or IM them every hour asking about things. When they are trying to work. So I'm following though my part to help them out. Also I will kill all rumors that I'm a Admin or a Mod (at least as i write this). I just know what is going on to a point and I'm just letting you all know with my comments on the matter. I am doing this as I think it helps GW out to the point that it doesn't lead into mass confusion. So I'm going to continue to answer your questions to the best that i can in hopes it will help you as well as the admins

Deadfire
Fri, 02-10-2006, 10:38 PM
2nd post.. opps

Carnage
Fri, 02-10-2006, 10:41 PM
Erm........I dont like the frontpage. I've been accustomed to the old one for like a year/ a year and a half. I don't like this sudden new change i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif.

Deadfire
Fri, 02-10-2006, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by: God#2
Erm........I dont like the frontpage. I've been accustomed to the old one for like a year/ a year and a half. I don't like this sudden new change .

*sigh* read my first post!

BioAlien
Fri, 02-10-2006, 10:45 PM
great they added the new release of naruto by AonE
you mean this?

Before you comment you must know that It's a generic design because it's just a temporary template!

Terracosmo
Fri, 02-10-2006, 11:06 PM
New banner rocks i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Jadugar
Fri, 02-10-2006, 11:09 PM
New banner rocks

From which angle.

BioAlien
Fri, 02-10-2006, 11:16 PM
because it look new and old at the same time?

Ciber
Sat, 02-11-2006, 12:25 AM
That banner is an old one i found in an image folder from the old site. I put it up just so there's something for you to click to get to the main page for now. It's NOT permanent.

Jadugar
Sat, 02-11-2006, 07:13 AM
Hey, I cant log into the main site with my forum's password and username.

Also someone deleted my gallery.i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif

masamuneehs
Sat, 02-11-2006, 07:40 AM
Jadugar, I hear that the Frontpage now uses the same Username and Password as the Forums. I registered a different account on the Frontpage too, but its replaced by the forum one now.

MORE IMPORTANTLY: What do you people think shoud be covered in the news and updates on the frontpage? Release news is too obvious (and tedious) of an answer. Think hard about what you'd like to get from the Gotwoot frontpage.

I have the following ideas:
A weekly/monthly Anime Review section: Each week pick a new anime, post the pick and have people from the forums submit their reviews on it. Wait a week to get submissions. Then either a team of admins/mods/respected peoples picks the winner, or there is a Poll (running for one week) to pick the winner. Winner's review gets featured on the website. This would make a new anime review every week!

Anime news coverage. What series are new, who is making them, who is subbing them. Pretty basic stuff. I can see covering major releases (Dattebayo's Bleach/Naruto, Nanashi's Eureka Seven, FMP:2ndRaid, Ani-Kraze's Monster, anything Gundam) but people can really see all that stuff on a torrent tracker anyhow... So it would be sorta useless covering more than the major releases.

Featured Fansub group of the month: This would be different from the Anime Review of the Week. Every month someone (whichever brave soul volunteers for it, or whoever got Krb's old job) picks a fansub group and does a little writeup on them. Who are their people, what they cover, some factoids about them. Personal reaction to the quality of their work.

A weekly/daily poll: "What did you think of this week's Naruto? Sucked, Ok, Above average, Incredible, Didn't watch. Or stuff like "who is your favorite Gundam protagonist of all time".

Blog style reactions to specific episodes, to accompany/follow some anime releases. I personally have mixed feelings on this one. A funny/high quality critique of episodes, especially pivotal episodes would be a great IMO. On the other hand, nobody likes reading a spoiler in some wackjob's blog. So I would recommend a blog (person would have to be approved by the GW owners and staff) that tried to be as in-depth as possible WITHOUT spoiling the episode. That'd be alittle hard, but I think it's the right fit.

This shit is pretty important POST YOUR DAMN RECOMMENDATIONS! And try to be serious about them.

Ciber
Sat, 02-11-2006, 07:48 AM

Also someone deleted my gallery.

Try again? Works for everyone else...

Jadugar
Sat, 02-11-2006, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs
Jadugar, I hear that the Frontpage now uses the same Username and Password as the Forums. I registered a different account on the Frontpage too, but its replaced by the forum one now.

I am using the same password and username from the forums but it aint working. Maybe they are still tweaking it.

A weekly/monthly Anime Review section: Each week pick a new anime, post the pick and have people from the forums submit their reviews on it. Wait a week to get submissions. Then either a team of admins/mods/respected peoples picks the winner, or there is a Poll (running for one week) to pick the winner. Winner's review gets featured on the website. This would make a new anime review every week!

You mean like this thread, 30 Second Anime Review (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=5&amp;threadid=14243&amp;enterthread =y).

It would certainly help people to decide which animes to choose for their viewing.

Anime news coverage. What series are new, who is making them, who is subbing them. Pretty basic stuff. I can see covering major releases (Dattebayo's Bleach/Naruto, Nanashi's Eureka Seven, FMP:2ndRaid, Ani-Kraze's Monster, anything Gundam) but people can really see all that stuff on a torrent tracker anyhow... So it would be sorta useless covering more than the major releases.

I think Bud does that in the general anime section. Every new anime that comes out get a Bud's treatment.

Turkish-S
Sat, 02-11-2006, 07:54 AM

Also someone deleted my gallery.

i knew i wasn't the only one... i resetted my pass and then it worked. dunno if you want to do that though..

Wilik
Sat, 02-11-2006, 07:59 AM
Usernames as well as passwords are case sensitive, so in my case, Wilik I would require a capital W in my username for me to login correctly on the main site.

Knives122
Sat, 02-11-2006, 09:59 AM
Liking the link to the main page at the top.

and the case sensitivity is alright, but I could do without it(just my little nit-pick)

the one thing I didn't like was that El-boss has that vegeta picture with only the hair(that he put on Wiper) i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

XanBcoo
Sat, 02-11-2006, 10:37 AM
I can't figure out how to use the gallery. It keeps saying "Welcome, guest."

Otherwise it's all good. I even like the new banner, even if it is only emporary. And I like this idea:

Kraco
Sat, 02-11-2006, 10:39 AM
This could be good, especially covering new high-quality series. I don't think anybody anymore needs to read Naruto or Bleach reviews... Of course visitor written reviews are found at places like Animenfo, but if aimed for a single, objective high quality review, it would make a difference. I think a team of picking the best review could work just fine.

This would kind of tie in to the reviews of new series. Unless somebody seriously took on himself a tedious job of keeping an eye on all new releases and subber changes. Of course major changes in shows like Bleach or Naruto would be regular news, I think.

Featured Fansub group of the month: This would be different from the Anime Review of the Week. Every month someone (whichever brave soul volunteers for it, or whoever got Krb's old job) picks a fansub group and does a little writeup on them. Who are their people, what they cover, some factoids about them. Personal reaction to the quality of their work.
This would indeed be great, if a person willing and capable of doing it could be found. With so many subber groups around I doubt anybody could know 'em all, but it would be a good start if the person doing this would know at least something.

A weekly/daily poll: "What did you think of this week's Naruto? Sucked, Ok, Above average, Incredible, Didn't watch. Or stuff like "who is your favorite Gundam protagonist of all time".
Standard but nice and fun website fare.

Blog style reactions to specific episodes, to accompany/follow some anime releases. I personally have mixed feelings on this one. A funny/high quality critique of episodes, especially pivotal episodes would be a great IMO. On the other hand, nobody likes reading a spoiler in some wackjob's blog. So I would recommend a blog (person would have to be approved by the GW owners and staff) that tried to be as in-depth as possible WITHOUT spoiling the episode. That'd be alittle hard, but I think it's the right fit.
Honestly I don't see how this could work in practice. The forum episode discussion threads are pretty much for this purpose, in the end.

Nice suggestions, altogether. I have to confess I'm personally more of the forum visitor type of people than front page reader, so I can't say how important a really active main site would be for me, in the end.

Jadugar
Sat, 02-11-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by: XanBcoo
I can't figure out how to use the gallery. It keeps saying "Welcome, guest."

You need to be logged in to use that feature. Even then its quite over complexed.
2 MB is not enough. Is this going to change?

Login Resolved
-----------------

Case sensitive thing didnt work. So I created a new account with the same name and password from the forum and bingo I am in.

Now I can surf between the main page and the forum flawlessly.

Psyke
Sat, 02-11-2006, 11:52 AM
I'm facing the same problem as XanBcoo even though I've already logged in. I'm able to leave a comment, but the gallery still views me as a guest.

Assertn
Sat, 02-11-2006, 12:26 PM
Yeah, I seem to be logged in, but my album still says I'm a guest

Ciber
Sat, 02-11-2006, 04:10 PM
Yeah, I seem to be logged in, but my album still says I'm a guest

You and Psyke are both in the db as users in the gallery, check if you have cookies enabled etc.

Assassin
Sat, 02-11-2006, 04:19 PM
ok, i can't log in to the main site with my forum name/pass either. I tried both "assassin" and "Assassin", but still says incorrect login/pass. Any suggestions?

Kraco
Sat, 02-11-2006, 04:34 PM
The gallery works now for me, whereas earlier it didn't. I didn't personally do anything, so somebody else did the trick by fixing the engine. Jolly good work.

But the links to the images look quite crazy, and someone on the irc channel (masamuneehs, or somebody else knowledgeable) said those php urls are no good for this forum system's img tags.

ChaosK
Sat, 02-11-2006, 04:45 PM
waht the hell how do i log onto the front page? do i have to re-register?

Paulyboy
Sat, 02-11-2006, 04:53 PM
I like the front page, Its alot better than before.

Assassin
Sat, 02-11-2006, 05:02 PM
isn't it like the exact same template, only with a lighter background?

Deadfire
Sat, 02-11-2006, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by: Kraco
The gallery works now for me, whereas earlier it didn't. I didn't personally do anything, so somebody else did the trick by fixing the engine. Jolly good work.

But the links to the images look quite crazy, and someone on the irc channel (masamuneehs, or somebody else knowledgeable) said those php urls are no good for this forum system's img tags.

Hmm.. It's nice to see I'm remembered well..lol

anyways all the images you upload you can view as you can just give the link on any of your posts

Because the links don't end as image files (etc .gif, .jpg, .png) the tages will not work.

[i]Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
waht the hell how do i log onto the front page? do i have to re-register?

Originally posted by: Wilik
Usernames as well as passwords are case sensitive, so in my case, Wilik I would require a capital W in my username for me to login correctly on the main site.

As well If that doesn't work reset your password and then it should work

I should also point out if you still log-in to the frontpage and you can't figure out how to use the gallery because It keeps saying "Welcome, guest. Delete all your cookies, it should work just fine after that

ChaosK
Sat, 02-11-2006, 05:17 PM
nevermind i got it (stupid capital C)

Jadugar
Sun, 02-12-2006, 12:31 AM
Whats wrong with the gallery section. This is the second time my gallery disappeared into thin air.

Insatead of this messege

----------------------------
Welcome, Jadugar
This is the main page of the GotWoot Gallery.
--------------------------------

It should be

--------------------------
Welcome, Jadugar
Dont try to upload any images because they will gone the next time you log in.
--------------------------

I should get a speedy respone to this message b/c a lot of mod are online.

anphorus
Sun, 02-12-2006, 12:34 AM
Yes, I just went in to check up on people's galleries and, except for AssertnFailure, Wilik, Ciber and "Gotwoot" all the galleries have gone. (And all except Cipber's are empty).

Any ideas when it'll be safe to upload onto the galleries?

BioAlien
Sun, 02-12-2006, 03:00 AM
omg, the gallery are gone again... better not post anything else, since we lose everything each day

Edit : lol i posted at the same time as ciber

Ciber
Sun, 02-12-2006, 03:00 AM
Basically they are gone because we are trying to fix some issues with the permissions of the gallery system.

BioAlien
Sun, 02-12-2006, 03:23 AM
little problem on the torrent page
thi message appear on the Torrent Page:
Warning: array_search(): Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/gotwoot/public_html/includes/btfunk.php on line 157

Jadugar
Sun, 02-12-2006, 04:20 AM
Ciber wrote this at 2:45 am:
Sorry about deleting your galleries earlier. You can go ahead and upload your galleries without fear of them being deleted again by clicking on the Gallery link at the top of the page.

The only gallery that is safe on the site is yours.

Ciber
Sun, 02-12-2006, 04:34 AM

Ciber wrote this at 2:45 am:
Sorry about deleting your galleries earlier. You can go ahead and upload your galleries without fear of them being deleted again by clicking on the Gallery link at the top of the page.

The only gallery that is safe on the site is yours.

I've deleted Mine and Wilik's like 30 times today, we just kept re-uploading them to continue testing.

Anyway, we are done now so it's safe to upload your galleries again.

Kraco
Sun, 02-12-2006, 04:48 AM
Based on the contents of Ciber's gallery, it seems that only galleries with hot women in very scarce clothes are officially approved...

BioAlien
Sun, 02-12-2006, 05:44 AM
he seem to like almost undress Anime Girl

masamuneehs
Tue, 02-14-2006, 07:45 AM
how does this topic fall to the wayside while stupid shit like "Baby Found Feeding on Dog's Milk" stays bumped at the top of the General Discussion section?

So I had another idea about the frontpage. Aside from Anime Reviews, Features on Fansub Groups, Anime News and (maybe) controlled blogs, how about a "Voice Artist of the Week" thing? Sorta like the "Fun with Bleach Voice Actor's thread" and the Anime Review of the week, someone could write a quick blurb on a VA (preferrably one doing a current anime). This could also be handled like the Anime Review. VA picked, open for submissions for one week, week to pick the best review, then feature the VA review!

One thing that I know I'd personally lack would be knowledge of Japanese. I mean, I can be like "oh she was so cool as Temari" but I can't say much about the accents or prononciation can I? Who on the forums here knows Japanese and might be willing to help out with this?

Kraco
Tue, 02-14-2006, 08:15 AM
That's a really nice idea. VA stuff often bothers me to the extent that when a new, familiar sounding character appears in a show for the first time, I have to pause the video, and check the VA at AnimeNfo or ANN.

However, this would indeed require not only effort but preferable also skills, unless one were to copy (plagiarize or properly referring) from some existing source.

XanBcoo
Tue, 02-14-2006, 11:57 AM
I love the VA idea. If it gets any support I'd love to help with it, but I don't know Japanese either and couldn't offer any good critique on acting abilities. Perhaps it shouldn't be limited to just Japanese voice actors?

Assertn
Tue, 02-14-2006, 02:51 PM
Any reason why the randomly displayed gallery pic always ends up being one of those obnoxiously exaggerrated OP fanart pics from the OP ladies topic?

anphorus
Tue, 02-14-2006, 03:11 PM
The people who did the front page obviously know how to give the audience what they want. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

And it isn't always that, why just now i visited the site and it has a very cool pic of Solid Snake up there.

Ero-Fan
Tue, 02-14-2006, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by: anphorus
The people who did the front page obviously know how to give the audience what they want.

And it isn't always that, why just now i visited the site and it has a very cool pic of Solid Snake up there.

Lucky you, I got this one:
http://www.gotwoot.net/d/910-2/Gay_Kakashi.jpg
My eyes, they burn!

BioAlien
Wed, 02-15-2006, 02:46 AM
lol, its one of el_boss picture...
but this one is worst :
http://www.gotwoot.com/d/863-1...f70a20ef25be511da073d4 (http://www.gotwoot.com/d/863-1/Sanji_Zoro_3.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=9677dfcc66f70a20ef2 5be511da073d4)

Knives122
Wed, 02-15-2006, 10:09 AM
So I guess we're all in agreement that this is the best pic:

http://www.gotwoot.net/d/1271-2/0063836.jpg

I mean c'mon, who doesn't love Nightwing?

Deadfire
Sat, 04-22-2006, 11:41 AM
Alright, lets raise this out of it's grave to relate on how everyone likes the changes done over these 2-3 months.

Assassin
Sat, 04-22-2006, 02:12 PM
It looks good. Definately an improvement over the past 3 years. The admins deserve a big round of applause....ofcourse they're not gonna get it cuz we're all lazy, but still.

Ciber
Sun, 04-23-2006, 12:32 AM
Go use the gallery!

Assassin
Sun, 04-23-2006, 02:33 AM
what exactly is the point of that gellery?

masamuneehs
Sun, 04-23-2006, 05:12 AM
the gallery is for easily linking (and finding) pics that you and other users upload to it. So far I've put in just about all the Renders and pics I've used for sigs, and if everyone does that it'll become a great resource for sig/avatar makers as well as people who just want to find kickass pics.

Kraco
Sun, 04-23-2006, 06:01 AM
...as well as people who just want to find kickass pics.

Yeah. I visit it every now and then just for this purpose. Considering this it's too bad the old gallery got reset as many outstanding uploads were lost. For example Jadugar never reestablished his gallery, and he had found some really excellent Naruto fanart pics (fortunately I was wise enough to save locally the one picture I always went back to view).

So, there is much point to the gallery. However, I still use more often than not imageshack, because I don't feel like uploading all kinds of images into the gallery. For me personally it feels like a place for real stand-alone pictures, not just some random screenshots and other arbitrary stuff.

Deadfire
Mon, 04-24-2006, 11:13 AM
I uploaded only one of my pictures in to the gallery, I don't know why I have not uploaded more, possibly real life events or lack of interest. Although now that you talk about the renders section there I may upload a few of mine.

How about the forum in general? Likes and dislikes