PDA

View Full Version : I'm back...

Ciber
Thu, 02-09-2006, 07:09 AM
So where to begin?

First order of business will be to fix up the main site, after that i'll move on to the forums.

I'm looking for people interested in writing for the main site, send me a pm if you're interested. If anyone knows php and would like to help with some coding please send me a pm.

One more thing...

Send applications for Krb's job to Ciber@gotwoot.net

Thanks.

Kraco
Thu, 02-09-2006, 08:00 AM
I'm such a newbie here that you must have already left before I even got here. But this post of yours certainly looks promising. Good luck with the work.

Too bad I have no php experience. But then again, you probably expected useless posts like this...

Terracosmo
Thu, 02-09-2006, 09:14 AM
Ciber is, along with Wilik, the big boss of GW.

Deadfire
Thu, 02-09-2006, 09:31 AM
I would apply to those jobs as well...but I'm already working for you... well Wilik... but you too

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Thu, 02-09-2006, 10:51 AM
Krb is giving up his admin job?

Knives122
Thu, 02-09-2006, 10:55 AM
wait a minute....Ciber's alive.

Usually when someone is gone for a month I presume them dead, but since you're not let the celebrations begin.

Phoenix20578
Thu, 02-09-2006, 10:59 AM
Whoa, its a ghost.

Ciber, what would need to be in these applications, other than our desperate atempt to take KRB's job?

masamuneehs
Thu, 02-09-2006, 11:00 AM
lol, i have no idea who this person is (must've been from before i joined...) but I know not to mess with anyone with "admin" in their title... Good to see you're back, sir!

The mainpage is going to get updated again? Hell yes! I first found this place and started using it as a way to find when Naruto releases were out and to DL them. Then I found the Paradise known as the forums and, well, the rest is history. Hopefully this'll get some new (and hopefully competent) members on the forum!

el_boss
Thu, 02-09-2006, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by: AtHRunOwNZaLL
Maybe you have missed what happened recently.

Krb's apology (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=62&threadid=17358&enterthrea d=y)

I don't think we have been informed if he has stepped down or if he got demoted. Except for what can be found on rolleyes.

Welcome back Ciber. Here's an idea that might lighten your burden a little.
We could have some sort of nomination process and then vote on who should be the next mod. This vote doesn't need to be deciding, but it will give you an overall feel about what people are suited for the position.

Kraco
Thu, 02-09-2006, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by: el_boss
We could have some sort of nomination process and then vote on who should be the next mod. This vote doesn't need to be deciding, but it will give you an overall feel about what people are suited for the position.

I don't think that's a good idea. It has always been said that forums are no democracy, but it's not just an empty explanation to people who err to think so. The reason is that forums shouldn't be a democracy in order to work. Being a mod is no reward. Everybody who has been a mod at places that have all kinds of members know that.

I believe there are still a bunch of active admins / mods here. The normal way would be for Ciber to discuss with them, as they should know who are suitable of those who applied.

Wilik
Thu, 02-09-2006, 12:12 PM
Ohhh sounds like fun, lets draw straws!

Terracosmo
Thu, 02-09-2006, 12:28 PM
The new moderator has already been appointed. Thanks for your interest.

And yes, Kr is gone.

Assertn
Thu, 02-09-2006, 12:46 PM
If you're looking for a new admin, shouldn't you just pick among the moderators we have?

Knives122
Thu, 02-09-2006, 12:50 PM
that would be the most logical choice. just make the most responsible mod (guess thats a matter of opinion) an admin.

but maybe they're going to make it a suprise, and have a party that we'll(I'll) never get invited to

Jadugar
Thu, 02-09-2006, 12:58 PM
It shouldnt be that hard to follow Krb's footsteps.i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

el_boss
Thu, 02-09-2006, 01:00 PM
He did say that a new moderator has been appointed.

masamuneehs
Thu, 02-09-2006, 01:09 PM
aww, i sorta wanted to see a Gotwoot Election! See which user could manipulate the masses the best, get people all pumped up behind their favorite candidate, the mud-slinging between candidates, a real-time debate in IRC, the nailbiting leading up to the closing of the polls. Then find out that whoever gets picked has nothing to do with people's consensus, other than those in power.

And I can already imagine the shit-ton of fake user registrations that would be made to vote.... maybe we'd only count people with 100+ posts? Oh well, it would be a messy affair, but that sort of thing really gets my blood broiling. I love politics.

shucks... *tucks away "Masamuneehs for Moderator '06!!!" banners*

Ero-Fan
Thu, 02-09-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs
aww, i sorta wanted to see a Gotwoot Election! See which user could manipulate the masses the best, get people all pumped up behind their favorite candidate, the mud-slinging between candidates, a real-time debate in IRC, the nailbiting leading up to the closing of the polls. Then find out that whoever gets picked has nothing to do with people's consensus, other than those in power.

And I can already imagine the shit-ton of fake user registrations that would be made to vote.... maybe we'd only count people with 100+ posts? Oh well, it would be a messy affair, but that sort of thing really gets my blood broiling. I love politics.

shucks... *tucks away "Masamuneehs for Moderator '06!!!" banners*

So, basically, we'd have the courts decide the outcome of this election as well, eh? Oh, man, I wonder which section of the forum we could make into a mini-Florida...
Edit: Can we make a game of "Guess the new mod"? That might be hilarious, but we would have to limit it to one guess per person.
Edit2: @Below- Makes sense, since a random poster would basically be a total stranger to the current admins.

Terracosmo
Thu, 02-09-2006, 01:14 PM
Ciber was joking about the adminstrator part. There's no way a random poster would suddenly become admin i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

el_boss
Thu, 02-09-2006, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Ciber was joking about the adminstrator part. There's no way a random poster would suddenly become admin i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
...or is there? *Starts caressing Terra in a sensual manner*

Ero-Fan
Thu, 02-09-2006, 01:20 PM

Ciber was joking about the adminstrator part. There's no way a random poster would suddenly become admin
...or is there? *Starts caressing Terra in a sensual manner*

Oh, god, please take that to pms! I just had lunch.
Edit: And there it went. Sigh, someone owes me 5 bucks. i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

Assertn
Thu, 02-09-2006, 01:22 PM
Ciber was joking about the adminstrator part. There's no way a random poster would suddenly become admin

I dunnno.......I've seen things that would lead me to believe otherwise i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Carnage
Thu, 02-09-2006, 03:47 PM
I wish I were a mod i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif.

If we have to vote though, I think I'm going to vote for either masamuneehs or Jadugar.

Knives122
Thu, 02-09-2006, 03:54 PM
suck up. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

GLS, me or Nests would be the best choices i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif (except I don't want it)

Terracosmo
Thu, 02-09-2006, 04:01 PM
...so yeah basically we chose masamune in a big lottery which every GW poster was a part of except Knives.

masamuneehs
Thu, 02-09-2006, 04:26 PM
...so yeah basically we chose masamune in a big lottery which every GW poster was a part of except Knives.

!

I'd like to thank the academy for...

Wait a second. Damnit Terra, if i'm a mod then how come I don't have any moderator powers? I can't even edit other people's posts or ban mage or get a custom title or do anything! That's like being named "Aquaman" and not being able to swim! Cruel, cruel joke...

Well, when the next Gotwoot moderator gets booted I'll have prepared a suitable campaign platform so that I can really become a moderator. Soon, soon you will all be my subjects! Mwhaha!

EDIT: And since I'm not a moderator, but still a stickler for the rules I'll say this: I don't mean to go off-topic with this "who's the new moderator" stuff (so please don't ban me!), as it really doesn't have too much to do with Ciber's being back. Also, I'd imagine that the most effective moderators would be the ones that users have NO idea are mods! Like, super secret agent moderators! That would also avoid alot of kiss-ass bullshit as well...

So, um, on topic.... ... ... Shit this is hard... Welcome back Ciber!

Carnage
Thu, 02-09-2006, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122
suck up.

GLS, me or Nests would be the best choices (except I don't want it)

NUH UH!!!NUH UH!!!! I voted for myself first. But since I have absolutley no chance of becomming a mod then I gave my vote to more likely candidates!

XanBcoo
Thu, 02-09-2006, 04:48 PM
That's good news to hear that some work will be done on the main site. It's had the same announcement up there for the past few months or so and no updates on the torrents. A change will be nice. Does this perhaps mean GW will receive a new subtitle (I'm referring to the "Evolution" bit) as well?

Edit: Oh, and what kind of changes are we looking at regarding the forums?

Terracosmo
Thu, 02-09-2006, 06:11 PM
Did I say that masa was the new mod? I meant God #2

Deadfire
Thu, 02-09-2006, 06:13 PM

LOL!

Nice Terra it makes prefect sence, well replace "prefect" with "no" and we got a winner

I'll goback to the basement to code some more, as I see the whip coming out

Jadugar
Thu, 02-09-2006, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122
GLS, me or Nests would be the best choices i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif(except I don't want it)

You should consider it.

The great power will not bring great responsibility. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

lol

I think he deserves a custom title just for being himself.

ES
Thu, 02-09-2006, 08:37 PM
or ban mage...

Welcome back Ciber!

Make him a mod already i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

ChaosK
Thu, 02-09-2006, 08:57 PM

!

I'd like to thank the academy for...

Wait a second. Damnit Terra, if i'm a mod then how come I don't have any moderator powers? I can't even edit other people's posts or ban mage or get a custom title or do anything! That's like being named "Aquaman" and not being able to swim! Cruel, cruel joke...

Well, when the next Gotwoot moderator gets booted I'll have prepared a suitable campaign platform so that I can really become a moderator. Soon, soon you will all be my subjects! Mwhaha!

EDIT: And since I'm not a moderator, but still a stickler for the rules I'll say this: I don't mean to go off-topic with this "who's the new moderator" stuff (so please don't ban me!), as it really doesn't have too much to do with Ciber's being back. Also, I'd imagine that the most effective moderators would be the ones that users have NO idea are mods! Like, super secret agent moderators! That would also avoid alot of kiss-ass bullshit as well...

So, um, on topic.... ... ... Shit this is hard... Welcome back Ciber!

you fool! he meant one of these guys!

edit: damn well that didnt work, but there are like 3 other users with masamune in thier name...or something close to that....i dont know HEY PUT DOWN MY BEER!

oh and welcome ciber!

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Thu, 02-09-2006, 10:35 PM

Originally posted by: AtHRunOwNZaLL
Maybe you have missed what happened recently.

Krb's apology (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=62&threadid=17358&enterthrea d=y)

nope i didn't miss it, i just didn't think that he would give up his job just because of this incident or something

dang i'm going to miss him, he was an awesome admin

Phoenix20578
Thu, 02-09-2006, 10:42 PM
I dont think KRB had a choice in the matter with a fuck up like that

Carnage
Thu, 02-09-2006, 10:49 PM
Really? I didn't think it was THAT bad of a fuck-up to quit your admin position. Everyone makes mistakes. Except for little Billy down the street. He's not allowed to make mistakes (cracks out the whip).

Jadugar
Thu, 02-09-2006, 10:50 PM
I think he didnt quit, he was fired.

Zinobi
Fri, 02-10-2006, 04:29 AM
God#2, if only you wouldve been on IRC that day. If only, If only. Then you would understand.
But anyway i guess its good to see the second king of GotWoot back i guess. I mean its the first time ever hearing of him.

Deblas
Fri, 02-10-2006, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by: God#2
I wish I were a mod i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif.

If we have to vote though, I think I'm going to vote for either masamuneehs or jadugar.

In God#2's perspective. Someone who posts tons of pictures of hot anime females gives them much license in becoming a mod. Which proves once again that being horny will get you far.

Jadugar
Fri, 02-10-2006, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by: Deblas
In God#2's perspective. Someone who posts tons of pictures of hot anime females gives them much license in becoming a mod. Which proves once again that being horny will get you far.

lol

Come on! Leo's make excellent leaders, managers and administrators.i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif