SupaSlick
Wed, 02-08-2006, 11:56 PM
Just released by DB and im downloading it atm

Kyuuzou
Thu, 02-09-2006, 12:26 AM
Same her dl and will be done soon 2. Yay I'm happy.... O.o

BioAlien
Thu, 02-09-2006, 12:37 AM
wow! it was released realy fast!, currently downloading, but will only be able to watch it at 7am (my headphone are broken so i have to use my speaker... and my familly is sleeping atm so.. i don't want to wake them upi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif) but i will maybe watch it a little without any sound

Kyuuzou
Thu, 02-09-2006, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by: BioAlien
wow! it was released realy fast!, currently downloading, but will only be able to watch it at 7am (my headphone are broken so i have to use my speaker... and my familly is sleeping atm so.. i don't want to wake them up) but i will maybe watch it a little without any sound

Aww.. that really sucks man. I mean you got it and not 2 be able 2 watch it not fun eh...But there there I'm sure you'll get your chance 2 see if fast^^

DarthEnderX
Thu, 02-09-2006, 01:50 AM
Allright dorks. Discuss the episode.

Another good one. Amazing they haven't fucked this up yet. Though it stinks the Shino fight didn't have a conclusion. Good to have it confirmed that these guys are the guys from the exams.

Also interesting that they are tying this in with the lamentable Mizuki arc sort of by showing more of Orochimaru's animal transmutation research at work.

Anyone else think that guy with the sunglasses looks like Batou?

BioAlien
Thu, 02-09-2006, 02:48 AM
i just watched the end of this episode (with realy low low sound lol) it suck that it end while they search for an exit, at least Ino do something compared to sakura who seem to only know how to cry...

and who is Batou?

DarthEnderX
Thu, 02-09-2006, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by: BioAlien
and who is Batou?

Character from Ghost in the Shell: SAC.

Kraco
Thu, 02-09-2006, 06:18 AM
Yes. It seems this arc continues just nicely. It has a history lesson feeling to it. The action is quite restricted and calm, with quite a lot of talking and reminiscence. Not bad. It's not really that often that they have reined in hyperactive Naruto.

It doesn't look like this story could continue anymore for more than one or two episodes. What do you think?

el_boss
Thu, 02-09-2006, 06:38 AM
I think you are right about the amount of remaining episodes. That is if they don't tie this to another plot, like going after Orochi again. Though I really can't see how they could continue with another filler arc after this exellent one. Maybe we will get the Kakashi gaiden which I have heard you speak of.

Since when can Ino manipulate peoples bodies without possesing them? This would mean that Shikamaru is useless from now on, since Ino can do the same thing without shadows.

MASTA-OF-DISASTA
Thu, 02-09-2006, 07:04 AM
Guys it was still really a filler...

But anyways it was a good filler, always like seeing orochi being a bully.

And the thing about Shiku, well he always was kinda useless, but he gets hyped by fanboysi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Ero-Fan
Thu, 02-09-2006, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by: el_boss
Since when can Ino manipulate peoples bodies without possesing them? This would mean that Shikamaru is useless from now on, since Ino can do the same thing without shadows.

I think she did it during the baka brothers arc. But her father had shown the technique during the invasion of Konoha, so at least there is some basis to her learning how to do it. Besides, Shikamaru can kill people with his shadows now, so he's not useless. And he can stop multiple people, where I think Ino can only do it to one.

I hope they stretch this out longer, since its finally decent. the longer the fillers last, the less likely we'll ever have to do another filler arc to let the manga get ahead.

Necromas
Thu, 02-09-2006, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by: Ero-Fan

Originally posted by: el_boss

I think she did it during the baka brothers arc. But her father had shown the technique during the invasion of Konoha, so at least there is some basis to her learning how to do it. Besides, Shikamaru can kill people with his shadows now, so he's not useless. And he can stop multiple people, where I think Ino can only do it to one.

I hope they stretch this out longer, since its finally decent. the longer the fillers last, the less likely we'll ever have to do another filler arc to let the manga get ahead.

And Ino still has the weakness of needing her opponent to be provented from dodging the attack.

Kraco
Thu, 02-09-2006, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by: Ero-Fan

While you are right, it's still questionable if the method is right. A story can't be stretched artificially without the quality dropping. Well, of course we haven't actually yet seen any clear indication the end would be in sight already, but I just got that sort of feeling, because the mystery was solved, and the bastion of evil was destroyed. It seems likely all that remains is to capture that mad med ninja scientist and set the monster girl free, one way or another (damn I already despaired when Naruto started his "we are the same" explanation, but that was cut short, fortunately).

Hmm... With all the talk about Shikamaru and Ino, I think it would be time to get a Shikamaru and Temari filler arc...

darkmetal505
Thu, 02-09-2006, 09:04 AM
the episode was actually pretty good despite its little inconsistencies

masamuneehs
Thu, 02-09-2006, 09:49 AM
some good, some bad. The Scientist guy had a really pretty good plan. An underwater army would be incredible (until planes are developed), but then he goes and blows up his own lab? He'd better have some backup plan...

Oro isn't there? So the scene with Sasuke was just a flashback of sorts... Well, guess they can't go mucking up the actual storyline...

Disappointed that we didn't get to see more of Shino's fight. And how did Ino hit the StretchArmstrong ninja and not Naruto? Oh well, still was OK for a filler. Not enough action for me (and what the fuck is up with trapdoors?), seeing as how there were three fights and we saw little of any of them.

I have a bad feeling about the next episode...

Kraco
Thu, 02-09-2006, 10:05 AM
Oro might have very well left right before the Konoha bunch arrived. We saw a scene where Orochimaru said somebody's arriving. It's likely he sensed Anko's seal. The scientist was just lying to Anko. After all, Oro doesn't really need Konoha people following his tracks too closely, unless he has planned some use for them (like being test subjects). This time he just wanted to avoid contact, apparently, which makes sense since these are fillers.

David Craft
Thu, 02-09-2006, 10:11 AM
Agreed. Oro just "skipped town" and the scientist is lying

Well its been good so far... I pray they dont screw up this last ep(s) of this awsome (in the way of fillers) arc

Aeon
Thu, 02-09-2006, 11:22 AM
Yes this ep was awesome, the only thing I wonted them to show was Anko fighting the lion beasts. I thought those were bigger versions of the things from FMA. The way Ino owned that stretch guy was pretty funny.

Naruto_Fan
Thu, 02-09-2006, 12:02 PM
yea well i'm hoping that these "filler arcs" include the kakashi gaiden. didn't kishimoto say in that interview that part 2 of naruto would be in anime form in the spring 2006. so kakashi gaiden is included right? so there's like 09 or 10 episodes left of filler. at least 6 could be used for the kakashi gaiden (maybe more to connect the current water-monster filler arc back to konoha and kakashi looking down at _ _ _ _ _ 's stone...)

Deadfire
Thu, 02-09-2006, 12:13 PM
Well DB says we are at 8 as well as our countdown has it placed at either 8 or 9 so not many left. Also did they say the gaiden would be during the filler season or not?. I don't remember

Anyways this one was good although I wanted to see Anko's fight as it looked like she owned those monsters good

Ero-Fan
Thu, 02-09-2006, 12:17 PM
I hope its not part of the filler. Since it has relevance to the actual storyline, if its filler, people might not count it as such. Plus, the further the manga gets ahead of the anime, the better for us in the long run.
Edit: @Below: True enough.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 02-09-2006, 02:22 PM
Well, it takes place before the time skip. Remember the studio guy didn't say the fillers end in spring, he said that the 3 year skip was in spring. So the Kakashi Gaiden, while not filler, would be before the new season starts, if they show it.

Terracosmo
Thu, 02-09-2006, 03:47 PM
Naruto was slightly more annoying in this episode, and Amachi feels like a typical filler villain, but overall it was great (especially for a filler of course).

Isaribi = Best filler character so far (the performance of her voice actor is outstanding, which also helps)

Anko = Best female Naruto character (god, I love the way she licks the kunai)

IFHTT
Thu, 02-09-2006, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder
So the Kakashi Gaiden, while not filler, would be before the new season starts, if they show it.

I hope they show it. That should be the last arc before the new season.
I would love to talk about how badass it would be animated, but I am not about to toss any spoilers.
So I'll just save it.

Assertn
Thu, 02-09-2006, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by: IFingHateTonTon

Originally posted by: DarthEnder
So the Kakashi Gaiden, while not filler, would be before the new season starts, if they show it.

I hope they show it. That should be the last arc before the new season.
I would love to talk about how badass it would be animated, but I am not about to toss any spoilers.
So I'll just save it.

Thanks dewd

darkmetal505
Thu, 02-09-2006, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by: Aeon
Yes this ep was awesome, the only thing I wonted them to show was Anko fighting the lion beasts. I thought those were bigger versions of the things from FMA. The way Ino owned that stretch guy was pretty funny.

yea, or they were kinda like the tigers she was going to fight during the chunnin exam

Assertn, your humor never fails to amuse me... lol

XanBcoo
Thu, 02-09-2006, 08:10 PM
Downloading the episode...

Isaribi's voice actress has also been added to ANN, for anyone interested: http://www.animenewsnetwork.co...dia/people.php?id=9112 (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=9112)

Divinity
Thu, 02-09-2006, 08:14 PM
So far so good. I'm thinking Naruto is going to go kyuubi form in this arc. It'll show Isaribi that he too is like her.

And like I've mentioned in previous threads since the fillers are almost over, they should have 1 or 2 episodes showing that Naruto left to go training with Jiraiya. Then they would show Sakura being lonely now that everyone in her team is gone and reminiscing about when her, Naruto, and Sasuke were doing missions... Then end the episode with a "I'm going to miss you Naruto!" with Sakura staring out into the sun setting with the camera zooming out while focusing on Sakura's window.

Spoilers removed. Guys, stop talking about how they'll transition into the time jump or the kakashi gaiden. Even though alot of people are aware of it, it's still a spoiler.

GotWoot Moderator

ChaosK
Thu, 02-09-2006, 10:02 PM
the best part
Ino: screaming
Naruto: DAMNIT I'LL RASNEGAN IT!
Shino: calm down!
Anko: DAMNIT YOU GUYS ARE NOISEY! STAND BACK!

Terracosmo
Thu, 02-09-2006, 10:16 PM
According to animenewsnetwork, 172 & 173 will both consist of this arc.

There is also a rumor that 174 will be Kakashi gaiden!

But... eh, as always, don't get your hopes up.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 02-09-2006, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
According to animenewsnetwork, 172 & 173 will both consist of this arc.

There is also a rumor that 174 will be Kakashi gaiden!

But... eh, as always, don't get your hopes up.If you say so, then, much like my penis, I shall avoid getting my hopes up.

nests
Fri, 02-10-2006, 02:20 AM
I havent had a chance to see the episode but I hope the Gaiden desnt start as the next arc I still want to see filler with the Sand ninjas. I just want to see Gaara again and a certain scene that was left out before the fillers start it i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

BioAlien
Fri, 02-10-2006, 07:05 AM
finally! i was able to watch it with sound! ^^

it was great, once again naruto found someone like him... (not stupid, but a monster)

MASTA-OF-DISASTA
Fri, 02-10-2006, 07:32 AM
lol Bio

But anyways Terra could u tell us the odds of ur rumor being true?

I mean i would do it with a 2:1, heck 20:1 would be great i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
But if the narutopeople said timejump would be at spring, then that should mean that kakashi gaiden must be infront of it i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif So im getting my hopes up.

Guys i know we have been through much, around the 40 weeks of much.

SO LOOK FORWARD, for there is a bright light there waiting for us, and what is its name u might say?
What is the name of this bright golden light that we are seeing at the sparkling horizon?

And i say: It is that what is called NARUTO MAIN STORYLINE GODDAMIT

cheers hurray

BioAlien
Fri, 02-10-2006, 07:56 AM
Spoilers removed. The next guy to reference the Kakashi Gaiden gets a warning.

GotWoot Moderator

it was a spoilers ??? oO!
well sry about that... i don't read the manga so i didn"t know...

nests
Fri, 02-10-2006, 11:25 AM
Finally watched the episode it was decent wish I could of had a little more action but it was alright. one thing did confuse me. I though the guy with the strechy arms had been kill by Kankuro in the Chunin Exam, looks like I just found another reason to rewatch so old episodes

fahoumh
Fri, 02-10-2006, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by: nests
Finally watched the episode it was decent wish I could of had a little more action but it was alright. one thing did confuse me. I though the guy with the strechy arms had been kill by Kankuro in the Chunin Exam, looks like I just found another reason to rewatch so old episodes

I just watched ep. 41 and the examiner said, "Since the opponent is unable to fight, the winner is Kankurou." after Kankurou won. I also figured the guy was dead....guess not?

heero
Fri, 02-10-2006, 04:39 PM
or maybe they are clones i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Assertn
Fri, 02-10-2006, 05:35 PM
huh? No......the guy distinctly said "I give up" before kankuro killed him.

BioAlien
Fri, 02-10-2006, 07:19 PM
no he just said " I Give..."
http://img274.imageshack.us/img274/5788/igive5cu.jpg
he don't seem dead to me
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/7175/snapshot200602101746468qy.jpg

Mizuchi
Fri, 02-10-2006, 10:01 PM
WTF is kakashi gaiden?

Oh and, why didnt kankuroh kill him? Since when do sand show mercy?

No, naruto isnt like isirabi. Isirabi has f**king green scales on her face, naruto has a WTF OWNAGE fox inside him that gives him 100000x strength. If i had to choose, id choose naruto's power.

User warned for referencing the Kakashi Gaiden.

GotWoot Moderator

BioAlien
Fri, 02-10-2006, 10:43 PM
ya its true that naruto is uber strong with the power of the kyubi, but i doubt he will use it in this arc

darkmetal505
Fri, 02-10-2006, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by: MASTA-OF-DISASTA

SO LOOK FORWARD, for there is a bright light there waiting for us, and what is its name u might say?
What is the name of this bright golden light that we are seeing at the sparkling horizon?

And i say: It is that what is called NARUTO MAIN STORYLINE GODDAMIT

why didnt you come earlier?! Your enthusiasm would have saved us all!!

This episode was good, but im getting a feeling like the next one will be kind of like the final episode of the samurai ghost arc.

Psyke
Sat, 02-11-2006, 01:18 AM
Don't you just hate trap doors which appear mysteriously directly underneath you?

And Anko seems to be meeting up with giant cats and tigers pretty often.

fahoumh
Sat, 02-11-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by: Psyke
Don't you just hate trap doors which appear mysteriously directly underneath you?

Oh yeah...I completely forgot about the giant tigers from the Chuunin-exam

darkmetal505
Sat, 02-11-2006, 01:25 PM

yea, and they happen to be exactly right underneath you

MFauli
Sat, 02-11-2006, 01:39 PM

Well....ah, no, i wont say it XD

Anyway, what´s right now the common opinion of when the fillers will end?
And, will Kakashi Gaiden counted as filler or not?

User is warned for referencing the Kakashi Gaiden.

GotWoot Moderator

darkmetal505
Sat, 02-11-2006, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by: MFauli

Well....ah, no, i wont say it XD

Anyway, what´s right now the common opinion of when the fillers will end?
And, will Kakashi Gaiden counted as filler or not?

fillers end in the spring, and kakashi gaiden is not filler because it is in the manga

User is warned for referencing the Kakashi Gaiden.
Guys, I'm not joking when I say to stop referencing it. It's already too late to salvage since everyone knows the gaiden is coming up, but I'm still enforcing the policy that referencing future sagas is still considered spoiling.

GotWoot Moderator

Divinity
Sat, 02-11-2006, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by: darkmetal505

yea, and they happen to be exactly right underneath you

Yeah... and the trap doors just so happen to be right underneath you.

nests
Mon, 02-13-2006, 02:05 AM
I just found out the this arc is only two more episodes long then it looks like it goes back to crappy fillers again.

This are the names for the next couple of episodes
Episode 172: "Despair, The Heart Which is Torn"
Episode 173: "Sea Battle, Released Power"
Episode 174: "No Waaaay! Celebrity Ninpou: Kinton Jutsu"
Episode 175: "Dig Here! Woof! Woof! Search for Buried Treasure"

Kraco
Mon, 02-13-2006, 03:02 AM
Judging by those episode names your prediction must be deadly accurate. If the last two episodes for this arc continue the quality, we can only assume there was some visitor to the Studio Pierrot who wrote the script. Or the regular monkeys either stopped eating whatever toxic mushrooms they had been eating, or ate for a while some beneficial mushrooms that temporarily quadrupled their intelligence.

That's just so sad.

el_boss
Mon, 02-13-2006, 04:49 AM
I fear that they might actually dress everybody as dogs in the next arc.

nests
Mon, 02-13-2006, 10:49 AM
According to the summaries of the episodes that wont happend, but something that dose happend is something that people have been wanting to see again

**Hey where the hell did the cosplay thred go.**

Ero-Fan
Mon, 02-13-2006, 11:05 AM
That last title looks like a real winner. Oh, joy..

*Maybe someone moved it?*
Edit: They brought it back, woot!

Kraco
Mon, 02-13-2006, 11:11 AM
OMG. That was one of the best threads on these whole forums!

I hope they can bring it back. I'm sure el_boss is happy to donate a kidney or two, if that helps to save the poor thread!

Edit: It's back.