PDA

View Full Version : Bleach 67 Discussion

LaZie
Tue, 02-07-2006, 10:38 PM
Discuss ppl! Im dling it right now, hope it isn't as crappy as last weeks. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/b67.torrent

Edit: What a crummy episode. The only good part was the Shinigami Cup thing.

FrogKing
Wed, 02-08-2006, 01:33 AM
Pretty weak episode. I did like they Heavenly Valley reference by Kon! I wonder what Soi Fong and the rest of SS are up to; something about a transmission. Oh, well looks like next week is some 1 hr crap fest. I hope it wraps these fillers up.

edit: The part where Ichi tries to rip off Renji's "gigai" in front of the class was pretty funny too!

Dug88
Wed, 02-08-2006, 03:09 AM
That was pretty bad not much to it like the las few. Although the part with Renji and Ichigo was funny. I kept thinking it would end up being Kon that was fake. Oh well hopefully next week is the end of it.

Kraco
Wed, 02-08-2006, 05:26 AM
I was certainly wrong about Ukitake. I thought he's a womanizer, but he actually likes young boys...

Not a very grand episode. I'm getting very tired of these stupid games. And gods I hate that little girl. I hope the first thing in the next episode is to reveal why this all happened. It would make it a bit more tolerable. And it would also be a high time for a counterstrike.

Yukimura
Wed, 02-08-2006, 06:03 AM
Main problem in this arc, the badguys are overpowered. Ichigo can keep up with Byakuya and he can't catch this little bitch, I know he's in his real body and on earth but still, it's ridiculous that they wrote in people this powerful. And I don't think the fillers will end as soon as we hope, maybe they'll get better but this game shit is getting on my nerves, it seems like these people are bored and so they've decided to pick on Ichigo and crew, who the fuck wants to watch charachters they like get emotionally tortured with no chance to stand up for themselves...maybe it'll get better and a plot will emerge, but for now this is just what it's called, filler, fluffy, meaningless flotsam in the Bleach Universe.

el_boss
Wed, 02-08-2006, 06:49 AM
I thought this episode was pretty good if you ignore the predictable plot. It was obvious that Chad was the fake all along, but the way they found it out was lame. There was one thing that annoyed the hell out of me. Why oh why didn't they just use Ichigo's substitute shinigami badge? They would have found the fake in about 10 seconds that way.

It is a little disturbing that Ukitake is a pedophile. Wonder if he has made moves on Yachiru as well.

anphorus
Wed, 02-08-2006, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by: Yukimura
Main problem in this arc, the badguys are overpowered. Ichigo can keep up with Byakuya and he can't catch this little bitch, I know he's in his real body and on earth but still, it's ridiculous that they wrote in people this powerful. And I don't think the fillers will end as soon as we hope, maybe they'll get better but this game shit is getting on my nerves, it seems like these people are bored and so they've decided to pick on Ichigo and crew, who the fuck wants to watch charachters they like get emotionally tortured with no chance to stand up for themselves...maybe it'll get better and a plot will emerge, but for now this is just what it's called, filler, fluffy, meaningless flotsam in the Bleach Universe.
I agree totally. The only thing is, the fact that he's on earth shouldn't even matter, he's not in an official squad or anything, so his power wont be restricted in the real world

DarthEnderX
Wed, 02-08-2006, 10:09 AM
Meh.

These fillers as a whole are allright I guess. I mean, at least they aren't really lame or stupid. But the one thing they are is boring. I honestly just don't CARE whats going on at this point.

But I guess it's better to be just boring than totally fucking up the show.

Ero-Fan
Wed, 02-08-2006, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder
Meh.

These fillers as a whole are allright I guess. I mean, at least they aren't really lame or stupid. But the one thing they are is boring. I honestly just don't CARE whats going on at this point.

But I guess it's better to be just boring than totally fucking up the show.

Agreed. Though, they are still better than the Naruto filler arcs we had to put up with. Well, until this last arc in Naruto started, at least. I hope to god its not true they're going to mix filler and non-filler together like the Bleach Filler Arc thread says.

masamuneehs
Wed, 02-08-2006, 10:45 AM
From the episode 66 discussion:

Originally posted by: masamuneehs
Paying homage to movies... well, I suppose they have all their monkeys writing the plotlines for Naruto fillers, so ripping off from films is a pretty safe angle to approach it from.

EDIT: Can anyone think of a movie that uses mind games, (maybe or maybe not set in a school) where people have to figure out which one of them is an imposter? I just have a hunch that is the premise of the next episode from watching the preview.

Called it!
Just started watching this episode... not that great so far, but, heck, it's filler...

God, the lesbian girl's expression when it seemed like Ichigo was trying to rape Renji... Wow, yaoi fangirl lesbian. I'd sorta hoped we'd seen the last of her, as she's really a one-joke character.

Well the way that they figured out it was Chad was super shitty. So lame. They could have just asked each other questions about SS (why didn't they do that?), and have everyone WRITE down the answers. If I had been the enemy I would have made Kon (who disappeared about 2 minutes into the episode, wtf?) the imposter. Nobody would have figured that one out.

Shinigami's Cup...
So, seriously and truly, that skit was to show that Ukitake is a pedophile? What, the, hell, man? I can't think of anything ELSE that that skit might have alluded too, unless 'candy' is some type of SS term for drugs. I'm just going to laugh at people with Ukitake avatars and sigs from now on.

nests
Wed, 02-08-2006, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by: el_boss
It is a little disturbing that Ukitake is a pedophile. Wonder if he has made moves on Yachiru as well.
His not a peodphlie is just that he still sees him as a little kid thats why gives him candy all the time I think the manga has done this joke too.
As for the episode, some how it all seem familiar its obiuolsy a parody but I'm not quite sured of what movie.

DDBen
Wed, 02-08-2006, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by: el_boss
I thought this episode was pretty good if you ignore the predictable plot. It was obvious that Chad was the fake all along, but the way they found it out was lame. There was one thing that annoyed the hell out of me. Why oh why didn't they just use Ichigo's substitute shinigami badge? They would have found the fake in about 10 seconds that way.

I'm in full agreement that using the substitute death god tag was all that needed to be done. Hell they actually went out of there way to show they could do that in the LAST episode. Yet the tag was nowhere in sight even though Ichigo has been wearing it on the outside of his pants and obviously had it with them.

I also definatly took the shinigami cup message of the day to be that Ukitake is a pedifile.

I can't believe they are actually punishing us with a full hour of this crap next week. Unless of course we can finally end this stupid arc.

Oh and I'm pretty sure that the entire point of this arc is to show them all how week they are and that they need teamwork to survive in the future. Basically a Uihara test as there teacher in the vain of how they did it in Yu-yu Hakisho.

ignore any horrible mispelling of names i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

el_boss
Wed, 02-08-2006, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by: nests
His not a peodphlie is just that he still sees him as a little kid thats why gives him candy all the time I think the manga has done this joke too.
As for the episode, some how it all seem familiar its obiuolsy a parody but I'm not quite sured of what movie.
You can't deny that this sentence sounded a little dirty.
-"Come over to my place later, I have more candy there".

As for the movie. It's "Cry Wolf" as masa predicted.

nests
Wed, 02-08-2006, 11:45 AM
Cry wolf I knew it was a recent movie and yeah that sentence does sound suspicious. poor Hitsugaya getting hit own by another captain

ChibiYali
Wed, 02-08-2006, 01:57 PM
I wonder if you guys just dislike it because you KNOW it's a filler..

Didn't think it was all that bad.. admittedly.. it's not as deep and interestingly complicated as the normal eps, but at least it has a story, some form of plot, and it's nothing that really gets in the way of the series.. And.. it's not a curry of life thing!
I think that as far as fillers go.. and as far as you CAN go with fillers without messing with the plot too much, I think they're doing a good job...

still want to know what's happening with the ending puppets/bad looking trio

Ero-Fan
Wed, 02-08-2006, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by: ChibiYali

Even if we didn't know it was filler, in general, storyline (or lack thereof) and animation quality would have been enough to let us know that it is a filler.

Kraco
Wed, 02-08-2006, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by: ChibiYali

Well, it's impossible to verify that, since we knew beforehand they are going to be filler eps. But it's not a lie to say, though, that likely it makes complaining easier.

My greatest grievance actually is exactly what Yukimura said, filler or not:

Originally posted by: Yukimura
who the fuck wants to watch characters they like get emotionally tortured with no chance to stand up for themselves

It just feels so artificial.

MASTA-OF-DISASTA
Wed, 02-08-2006, 05:17 PM
Guys i think this was the worst.
I mean it was worse then walking through harlem with a sign saying: i hate niggers****.

But seriously who watches this in Japan? 10 year olds??
Damn i quess that 12 year olds find this plot interesting, but everyone with an IQ above 80 gets some kind of lobotomy by this.

One flew over the cuckoo's nest FTW!!!

But anyways good points:

1: The best point from this entire episode is that we come one week closer to the main storyline!!

2: (this one took me a while) Hmm entire episode is blank in my mind..... I remember stomething with 2 bodies appearing infront of the school all of the sudden....

Ye that number 2 is pretty intruiging ( wrong spelled, maybe but dont hate me because i am beautifull).
I mean what are the writers saying to us, might it be that.... URAHARA IS KIDNAPPED tadaadadada

Discuss....
Just my 50 cents.

**** This tekst was not ment in any way to rascism filled, i hereby apolagize to all people who might be offended by my choice of words.

masamuneehs
Wed, 02-08-2006, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by: MASTA-OF-DISASTA
. I remember stomething with 2 bodies appearing infront of the school all of the sudden....

Ye that pretty intruiging. I mean what are the writers saying to us, might it be that.... URAHARA IS KIDNAPPED tadaadadada

If Urahara gets kidnapped by that annoying girl and her two cronies I will eat my hat!

At first I just thought these baddies were using some sort of illusion and that's why they were so fast. But when Ishida used the Substitute Badge on that one, and the girl flicked Ichigo in the face it showed they have physical properties. In that case, yes, they are absurdely overpowered. Maybe there's some rational reason in the storyline yet to be played out.

I'm serious, if Urahara got kidnapped by these twits you will never hear the end of the bitching about this arc from half of the Bleach fans.

Knives122
Wed, 02-08-2006, 06:21 PM
I was going to say "what is up with Ukitake being a pedophile" but you guys have already discussed that. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

darkmetal505
Wed, 02-08-2006, 07:54 PM
man, yourichi and soi fon can just shunpo right behind those bastards and catch them I bet. I dont know what was going on. I did think it was Orihime though.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 02-08-2006, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs
God, the lesbian girl's expression when it seemed like Ichigo was trying to rape Renji... Wow, yaoi fangirl lesbian. I'd sorta hoped we'd seen the last of her, as she's really a one-joke character.But it's such an awsome joke! Surpassed only by the "Ichigo's dad is an incestuous pedophile" joke.

mr3vi1m0nk3y
Wed, 02-08-2006, 08:11 PM
ok if the last eps doesnt end with that annoying girl getting her face punched in then im done with bleach till the fillers end. the mere sight of her makes me mad

RedX1z
Wed, 02-08-2006, 09:19 PM
my guess was chaud from the start, something about him gave it away..

also, my opinion on the episode that it was still decent, but could've been better.

darkmetal505
Wed, 02-08-2006, 09:33 PM
i liked how the implemented a mind game, but it needed to be more intricate.

DB_Hunter
Wed, 02-08-2006, 10:34 PM
Come on guys what's with the Ukitake being a paedophile? I thought it was pretty funny that he gave Toushirou loads of snacks/sweets... Toushirou is always trying to show he is as mature as the other Captains and though they all acknowledge his strength they all still see him as a little boy.

Aeon
Thu, 02-09-2006, 12:14 AM
These episodes are worse then any of the eps Naruto has put out since entering filler.

Deadfire
Thu, 02-09-2006, 12:27 AM
I argee this one was bad, not really bad but at that level that i skiped a few times because of how bored i was of it.

And I said it before and I'll say it again Rin-Rin is like a fucking Tickle -Me-Elmo doll... That laugh... ARH!

I may start not downloading like I did with Naruto

DarthEnderX
Thu, 02-09-2006, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by: Aeon
These episodes are worse then any of the eps Naruto has put out since entering filler.I'm going to shit in your mouth.

Ero-Fan
Thu, 02-09-2006, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by: Aeon
These episodes are worse then any of the eps Naruto has put out since entering filler.

I don't see how this could possibly be worse than the tony the tiger and curry of life arcs in Naruto. There's just no way...Well, there's always next week to sink that low, but they havent yet.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 02-09-2006, 08:33 AM
Well next week should be the last of the filler eps, since ep 70 is meant to resume the manga storyline.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 02-09-2006, 08:34 AM
Sorry double post.

Ero-Fan
Thu, 02-09-2006, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by: DB_Hunter
Well next week should be the last of the filler eps, since ep 70 is meant to resume the manga storyline.

I don't know how far ahead the manga is, but this seems way too short a filler. How many weeks did this buy, like 12? That doesn't seem enough.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 02-09-2006, 08:41 AM
I agree, but that's what every one seems to be saying. After the one hour special next week, we are on ep 70. You would have thought if they were trying to buy time they would have not done an hour special.

ChibiYali
Thu, 02-09-2006, 08:55 AM
as said.. don't think they're going to end it already.. still 3 other chars to milk out *nods solemnly*

el_boss
Thu, 02-09-2006, 09:17 AM
Maybe they will milk the next arc with alot of semi-fillers. They missed this opportunity in the SS arc so I hope they chose this solution now rather than doing 100% fillers.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 02-09-2006, 02:16 PM
Right, if the manga's next arc doesn't jump immidiatly into action, they could do a half a dozen fillers, then some event from the manga, then another half dozen fillers, etc.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 02-09-2006, 02:19 PM
Doing that too much is really going to fuck with the general flow of Bleach though being interrupted every month or so like that. I'm sure that's why it was decided Naruto would go on such a long filler arc. When Naruto comes back it's going to be huge and without interruption.

el_boss
Thu, 02-09-2006, 03:20 PM
I wasn't talking about completely unrelated storylines. For example in the SS arc they could have showed alot more fights that where going on and have several plots going on simultaneously.

Ero-Fan
Thu, 02-09-2006, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by: The Heretic Azazel
Doing that too much is really going to fuck with the general flow of Bleach though being interrupted every month or so like that. I'm sure that's why it was decided Naruto would go on such a long filler arc. When Naruto comes back it's going to be huge and without interruption.

That was why I was almost pissed off that the fillers wouldn't last so long. It would really fuck with the flow of the story. Imagine Naruto with fillers every 5-6 episodes. Everyone would be like, "What the fuck is this? It has nothing to do with anything!"

DB_Hunter
Thu, 02-09-2006, 03:40 PM
There seems to be an unwritten rule that animators follow, which is that fillers have to be crap. I'm sure if they tried they could make them relevant or atleast entertaining.

Ero-Fan
Thu, 02-09-2006, 03:41 PM
There seems to be an unwritten rule that animators follow, which is that fillers have to be crap. I'm sure if they tried they could make them relevant or atleast entertaining.

Maybe the manga writer chooses them to make himself look that much better to the producers?

Divinity
Thu, 02-09-2006, 07:46 PM
Bleach just got good again. We get to see Yuroichi in human form again.

ChaosK
Thu, 02-09-2006, 08:03 PM
I agree, but that's what every one seems to be saying. After the one hour special next week, we are on ep 70. You would have thought if they were trying to buy time they would have not done an hour special.

to get 1 hr you usually lost 30min, so maybe no bleach in 2wks from now.

Mae
Sun, 02-12-2006, 01:34 AM
I agree with everyone who said the main story line was lame. There were plenty of ways they could have found the imposter... but they failed and basically had to be saved by outside help. Could have been much better. Still, the ep was partially redeemed by the Ichigo/Renji scene which seriously made me laugh out loud. And I thought the "Was he always this stupid?" comment reflected what a lot of us have thought about this arc. Well, not terrible as filler, and it's almost done.

Tarutaru
Sun, 02-12-2006, 03:33 PM
That..stupid.....stupid...laugh..GAAH!

Niteshade
Mon, 02-13-2006, 03:46 PM
I don't think that these episodes are random fillers. You all may need to revisit Episode 5 or 6 where we have seen those human form Hollow types before. One of them, (not the humanoid) volunteered to come to the real world to do his thing.

Also, it was somewhere in these early episodes as well that we saw one of those defeated Hollows get sent straight to hell, literally, through those skeleton doors. Maybe they are just now developing that storyline.

As you know, connected episodes can sometime span a large number of episodes. Don't forget that Aizen directly acknowledge Ichigo power when he was leaving to 'otherworld' (Eps. 60's or something). When Ichimaru Gin first met Ichigo (Eps. early 20's), he did acknowledge his power by backing up and attacking him from a distance. There were a lot of episodes between this acknowledgement (Gin, of course, was briefed on Ichigo by Aizen). I just think that these 'fillers' are not that random and that there is quite possibly a good story to be developed there.

Still, the way they drag on is a bit annoying.

Ero-Fan
Mon, 02-13-2006, 03:53 PM
They already mentioned the gate looks similar to the gates of hell, but its not quite the same.
Gin's Skikai is a long range attack. Getting close to someone to use it is just stupid.
And I never recall a hollow looking eactly like a human. Maybe you're thinking the face, but not the body. And even when the one hollow took over Kaien (spelling?) it changed his coloration and eyes.
Fillers, by definition, are not supposed to affect the storyline set by the manga.
Edit: @ Kraco- Not sure.

Kraco
Mon, 02-13-2006, 03:58 PM
Gin is a coward. And doesn't lack wits as much as many others. It's only a shounen anime tradition (hell, it's a universal tradition in any show) to always start with the weakest attack and then scale up the attacks until the enemy is defeated. That's of course nothing but lunacy. In the real world power is calculated so that it will beat the enemy straight away.

And besides, Gin did what he did just to put up a little theater, as if he had attacked Ichigo & co. Later we learned Aizen wanted them to get in to cause a little extra havoc.

Wait... What has this to do with anything, anyway?

FrogKing
Mon, 02-13-2006, 04:09 PM
@Ero: Here is the 'human' looking hollow. I don't think that the new villians have any bearing on the early episode hollows; rather, I think that they early episode hollows were apart of Hueco mundo's command order (kinda like the 13 squads).

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/Y0jimb0/hollow.jpg

anphorus
Mon, 02-13-2006, 05:48 PM
Was that in the episode with Grand Fisher?

FrogKing
Mon, 02-13-2006, 06:11 PM
Yep, I think it was the begining of episode 8.

Mecha-Fan
Mon, 02-13-2006, 09:44 PM
bleach is getting werider each ep

Your avatar has been modified. No animated avatars or sigs allowed.

This post is what we would call 'low-quality'. One word posts and any posts that don't try to make a contribution are also a violation of forum rules. Tell us what you thought was weirder , why you thought it was weirder.

Even if you see that others have made bad posts and gotten away without, you should remember they are the exception, not the rule. It'll catch up to them one day. We're sometimes harder on the noobs to help them form better habits in the future.

You are advised to read the RULES (http://forums.gotwoot.net/categories.cfm?catid=58&entercat=y) before posting again. Consider this a verbal warning.

GotWoot Moderator

Deadfire
Mon, 02-13-2006, 11:03 PM
Mecha-Fan, I think you need to go back to the FAQ and read the part about the avatars. It does say and I quote

Q: What is the max size and dimensions for an avatar?
A: Max dimensions for an avatar are 60x60. Max file size is 100 KB. Please no animated avatars.

so I'd say to change it before a warning or ban

As well you and Tarutaru need a lesson in posting, both your posts have zero content and as such don't contribute to this thread in any format other then taking up bandwidth. Please in the future, enjoy yourself on the threads but post things that relate to the topic in more then 1 sentence

masamuneehs
Tue, 02-14-2006, 06:01 AM
Deadfire, I know this is going to sound weird coming from me, but lighten up on the new guys.

That being said, animated signatures or avatars are not allowed. It's a good idea to read the Rules also. Try to say more than just one sentence in your posts, for starters. Don't be afraid if your English isn't that great, people will still make the effort to understand or think about your post if it has ok spelling and not too many"????" and !!11" s

Kraco
Tue, 02-14-2006, 06:44 AM
I wonder is Soi Fong will go to Urahara's to get herself a gigai, or will she just loiter around in spirit form until things are settled down? Can shinigamis sustain themselves in the spirit form indefinitively on Earth? There has to be some reason why Renji got himself a gigai - unless it was just because he likes to eat. Or maybe the gates won't be kept shut for long. It could cause problems, after all.

Ero-Fan
Tue, 02-14-2006, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by: Kraco
There has to be some reason why Renji got himself a gigai - unless it was just because he likes to eat.

Its cause he's freeloader-san. Sigh, I hate myself for that.
That picture of the human looking hollow doesn't tell us much. Its all wrapped up and you can't even see its lower half.
Anyways, maybe it's just that Renji wanted to see why Rukia wanted to pretend to be a human for so long. You know, kinda see what all the fuss was about. That, or you're right and they can't sustain themselves on Earth without it.

Niteshade
Tue, 02-14-2006, 08:26 AM
@FrogKing
That picture you posted is a couple seconds too early in Episode 8. Play it a bit longer and you will see the complete humanoids that I am talking about.

@Ero-Fan
I am still thinking that these 'gamers' in the current episodes might be those types. I derived from that brief showing, that they have a plan that may just now being fleshed out. I maintain that these recent ones are not just filler episodes.

Ciber
Tue, 02-14-2006, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by: Ero-Fan

There has to be some reason why Renji got himself a gigai - unless it was just because he likes to eat.

That picture of the human looking hollow doesn't tell us much. Its all wrapped up and you can't even see its lower half.
Anyways, maybe it's just that Renji wanted to see why Rukia wanted to pretend to be a human for so long. You know, kinda see what all the fuss was about. That, or you're right and they can't sustain themselves on Earth without it.

It's because they attract hollows in their normal form and they are a danger in general when they walk around with so much power.

Ero-Fan
Tue, 02-14-2006, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by: Ciber

It's because they attract hollows in their normal form and they are a danger in general when they walk around with so much power.

Well, then Rukia must have been a little slow, because she didn't have a gigai until she lost all her power to Ichigo. Stupid Rukia. Then again, she might not have had enough power to warrant recieveing a gigai to hide her presence. Weak. But that would make more sense.

anphorus
Tue, 02-14-2006, 09:45 AM
Rukia wasn't planning on staying on earth long term she was just out on a hollow hunting mission planning to go back again soon.

Ero-Fan
Tue, 02-14-2006, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by: anphorus
Rukia wasn't planning on staying on earth long term she was just out on a hollow hunting mission planning to go back again soon.

Where in the anime did it state that? And the way Renji made it sound, a Shinigami gets a certain area to patrol for an extended period of time, so that kind of doesn't make sense. That, and the fact that it takes forever to get to Earth from SS (relatively, compared to how fast hollows can appear/disappear) and hollows appear randomly. It just doesn't make sense to have a patrol area without someone patroling it.

Kraco
Tue, 02-14-2006, 10:34 AM
Hmm... Very good points. I didn't remember that thing Ciber mentioned. However, if you are out on a mission to hunt hollows, maybe it would be good if the hollows are attracted to you... Could make the hunting easier.

Well, the answer to Renji's gigai might also be that he was sent simply to keep an eye on Ichigo. Although Ichigo's ability to sense reiatsu is doubtful at best, perhaps having a gigai was still a better option. At least that way Ichigo wouldn't be seen so often talking to thin air. Even if he is seen ripping another male's clothes off. Still, sending another rebel as a spy could be considered a risky decision.

anphorus
Tue, 02-14-2006, 01:58 PM

Originally posted by: anphorus

Where in the anime did it state that? And the way Renji made it sound, a Shinigami gets a certain area to patrol for an extended period of time, so that kind of doesn't make sense. That, and the fact that it takes forever to get to Earth from SS (relatively, compared to how fast hollows can appear/disappear) and hollows appear randomly. It just doesn't make sense to have a patrol area without someone patroling it.
I assumed that, since it wouldn't make sense for a shinigami to patrol an area for longer than a couple of hours tops. She would then return to SS and come back again the next day (someone else taking the nightshift presumably) as she would only be there less than 24 hours she wouldn't need a gigai. However Renji's visit to earth seems to be indefinate in length, he is basically temporarily stationed there, living with Urahara and so forth.

Ero-Fan
Tue, 02-14-2006, 02:13 PM
Well, the other reason I figured that they have Shinigami stay on Earth for extended periods is because it took SS a long ass time to figure out that Rukia had gone missing and send someone after her. If she was supposed to only be on temporary duty, wouldn't they have come and got her after she missed her shift change? Even if they assumed she was dead, another Shinigami would have shown up that much sooner then. The fact it took them so long to notice her missing, or Ichigo screwing things up, kinda led me to believe they had long assignments.

ChaosK
Tue, 02-14-2006, 06:14 PM

Originally posted by: Ciber

Well, then Rukia must have been a little slow, because she didn't have a gigai until she lost all her power to Ichigo. Stupid Rukia. Then again, she might not have had enough power to warrant recieveing a gigai to hide her presence. Weak. But that would make more sense.

i still dont see where the hell it says rukia only got her gigai and met urahara AFTER she met ichigo.

Ero-Fan
Tue, 02-14-2006, 06:56 PM
So where was it, and why didn't she just use that one instead of the one Urahara gave her? And wouldn't a lifless body that looks exactly like her mess things up a bit?

ChaosK
Tue, 02-14-2006, 07:56 PM
well she could've met urahara BEFORE she met ichigo, why hasnt anybody thought of this? and if they have why havent they said anything?

Ero-Fan
Tue, 02-14-2006, 07:59 PM
They show a flash back of him offering her the use of a body after she gave all he power to Ichigo. I forget what episode that was in, but I do recall it.

ChaosK
Tue, 02-14-2006, 09:03 PM
no she was just beaten and on the floor and urahara came and said "well now, shall i lend you a gigai?" what makes you think rukia couldn't have been hurt before that one battle?

Ero-Fan
Tue, 02-14-2006, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
no she was just beaten and on the floor and urahara came and said "well now, shall i lend you a gigai?" what makes you think rukia couldn't have been hurt before that one battle?

Because if she had one previously, why wouldn't she just use that one? Its not like she knew that Urahara's would help her hide or anything.

DB_Hunter
Tue, 02-14-2006, 10:21 PM
OK so little diversion from the current discussion. Since in SS three captains have gone missing now for what seems like an unknown amount of time and look like traitors at the same time, the squads the left behind will need new captains. Discuss who you think they will be.

I think that Renji is certainly a candidate, since he has managed to attain his Bankai. Ichigo could be offered a squad to lead, but he doesn't have any experience of what it is like to be in a squad, let alone have responsibility in one.

The third captain is trickier. It could be that since the circumstances are so unique, that Uruhara is recalled to SS to become a captain again, since he would have the expertise to do something about the Hyougyouku. This could cause problems with Mayuri, since he leads Uruhara's old squad and is now head of research.

Apart from this, I think they only other that is is with a remote chance of being made captain is Matsumoto... she seemed to be willing to go up against Gin so she must have some abiliity, though i still think she would lose to him in a fight easily. She needs to get stronger...

And I can't see Yourouichi leading a squad.... she doesn't seem like one who would take orders from old man Yamamamoto...

darkmetal505
Tue, 02-14-2006, 10:47 PM
I doubt urahara or yourichi would take the job. Keep in mind that the captains have to attain bankai, so for now it looks like only Renji quailfies.

anphorus
Tue, 02-14-2006, 10:56 PM
OK so little diversion from the current discussion. Since in SS three captains have gone missing now for what seems like an unknown amount of time and look like traitors at the same time, the squads the left behind will need new captains. Discuss who you think they will be.

I think that Renji is certainly a candidate, since he has managed to attain his Bankai. Ichigo could be offered a squad to lead, but he doesn't have any experience of what it is like to be in a squad, let alone have responsibility in one.
I agree that these are the two most likely candidates, it's already been said that in order to become a Captain you have to learn Bankai, and these are the only two non-captain shinigami that we've seen so far who have acheived this. Renji would most likely become the new Captain of Aizen's new squad, as that was the one he started out in. Ichigo would likely become the captain of Tousen's old squad, if he was appointed Captainship at all, his inexperience as well as him still being technically alive may hinder this though. Perhaps offered a position as a seated officer until he learns the ropes? As for Gin's old squad the only choice I can think of is to promote Kira, I'm not sure if he's powerful enough yet, but SS may just have to make do for now.

The third captain is trickier. It could be that since the circumstances are so unique, that Uruhara is recalled to SS to become a captain again, since he would have the expertise to do something about the Hyougyouku. This could cause problems with Mayuri, since he leads Uruhara's old squad and is now head of research.I honestly can't see them taking him back, simply because exile is a pretty big punishment, in old societies it was the equivalent of a Death Sentence for the upper class (as they couldn't be put to death) so I don't see them taking him back when there are plenty more Shinigami in SS. Also for the reasons you mentioned, I can't see Mayuri giving up his position and I can't see urahara having any other.

And I can't see Yourouichi leading a squad.... she doesn't seem like one who would take orders from old man Yamamamoto...And the fact that, y'know, she isn't a shinigami.