PDA

View Full Version : Which Files Are Important?... (Naruto DL)

Canadian
Tue, 02-07-2006, 08:29 PM
I've fully downloaded Naruto episodes 1-25, and 26-50 (the AonE versions, subbed). I now want to put them onto DVD's (1-25 on one, 26-50 on another). I have the discs to burn them onto (4.7Gb rewritable DVD cd's).

I am a complete newb at this stuff (don't know anything, other than the "click - burn... yes..." then I hope for the best.

Unlike my BitTorrent spam (asking questions about BitTorrents), I won't be spamming questions here. I just need to know what program I need, and what I should to go about recording.

I think I have burning programs on my computer, and I do have a drive that can burn cd's and run DVD's... I also don't know which files given by AonE are important... (there is one SFV file, which is about 4Kb... two small text files... and the rest are the AVI video files... which will I need to burn onto the cd?)

I just have no idea what to do to get a full normal picture, and have the files able to run on the DVD normally. Help? Thanks.

darkmetal505
Tue, 02-07-2006, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by: Canadian
I've fully downloaded Naruto episodes 1-25, and 26-50 (the AonE versions, subbed). I now want to put them onto DVD's (1-25 on one, 26-50 on another). I have the discs to burn them onto (4.7Gb rewritable DVD cd's).

I am a complete newb at this stuff (don't know anything, other than the "click - burn... yes..." then I hope for the best.

Unlike my BitTorrent spam (asking questions about BitTorrents), I won't be spamming questions here. I just need to know what program I need, and what I should to go about recording.

I think I have burning programs on my computer, and I do have a drive that can burn cd's and run DVD's... I also don't know which files given by AonE are important... (there is one SFV file, which is about 4Kb... two small text files... and the rest are the AVI video files... which will I need to burn onto the cd?)

I just have no idea what to do to get a full normal picture, and have the files able to run on the DVD normally. Help? Thanks.

well the files you need to burn are the avi ones. The should all start with [Aone]...

you said you have a drive that can burn CDs and run DVDs, but I think you need a dvd burner to burn on DVD discs.

if you do burn on the DVDs, you should be able to put 25 episodes on one.

As for programs, there are plenty out there. Roxio, Nero, the wizard in windows, etc. If you have a DVD-RW drive, you should have a program that came with it.

Canadian
Tue, 02-07-2006, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by: darkmetal505

well the files you need to burn are the avi ones. The should all start with [Aone]...

you said you have a drive that can burn CDs and run DVDs, but I think you need a dvd burner to burn on DVD discs.

if you do burn on the DVDs, you should be able to put 25 episodes on one.

As for programs, there are plenty out there. Roxio, Nero, the wizard in windows, etc. If you have a DVD-RW drive, you should have a program that came with it.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I realise that my computer can't write DVD cd's... but I believe my laptop can... :-S

Do you know a way to quickly transfer a file from one computer to another (Yes, I'm sounding pretty retarded right now... but I really can't think of a way to do it).

ChaosK
Tue, 02-07-2006, 10:41 PM
you still need a dvd burner and if you dont have a flash drive send them through AIM.

Canadian
Wed, 02-08-2006, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
you still need a dvd burner and if you dont have a flash drive send them through AIM.

I'm going to download AIM... but just wondering: is AIM better than MSN at sending files (does AIM support sending entire files?).

Just a random comment... I do have a flashdrive... but it's a 512Mb one... and these files (in total) are 9Gb... I guess I could transfer 18 times, though, :-P.

Deadfire
Wed, 02-08-2006, 01:01 AM

Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo

I'm going to download AIM... but just wondering: is AIM better than MSN at sending files (does AIM support sending entire files?).

Just a random comment... I do have a flashdrive... but it's a 512Mb one... and these files (in total) are 9Gb... I guess I could transfer 18 times, though, :-P.

I don't see how one IM cilent is better at transfering files...so stay with what you know... as well if both devices are hooked up to your network (are they both getting the internet from the same source?) then you could transfer that way which is that fastest route. Or you could e-mail yourself the files if you don't want to take the many trips...or upload them to a file sharing program and download them off the laptop..

There are many ways...just depends how tech savy you are

darkmetal505
Wed, 02-08-2006, 07:26 PM
one more suggestion, if you have a router at your house and both your PC and laptop can connect to the internet at the same time, you can send the files through a network.

However if you burn the 1-25 on a DVD, you will not be able to watch it on regular DVD player, youll need one that is DivX compatible. But if its for archiving purposes, it should be fine.

anphorus
Wed, 02-08-2006, 08:06 PM
To watch it on a standalone DVD played you'd also need a program to convert the files into a suitable format. Like .VOB or .OGM or something.

darkmetal505
Wed, 02-08-2006, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by: anphorus
To watch it on a standalone DVD played you'd also need a program to convert the files into a suitable format. Like .VOB or .OGM or something.

little of topic but is OGM playable on most dvd players?

stos289
Wed, 02-08-2006, 10:07 PM
Nope, DVD players read MPEG-2. By the way, if you are going to try to convert the episodes to MPEG-2 to play them on a DVD player, you'll only get about 4 to 5 episodes max. In my opinion, a Divx DVD player or a Modded Xbox is the best solution for downloaded anime.

Canadian
Thu, 02-09-2006, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by: stos289
Nope, DVD players read MPEG-2. By the way, if you are going to try to convert the episodes to MPEG-2 to play them on a DVD player, you'll only get about 4 to 5 episodes max. In my opinion, a Divx DVD player or a Modded Xbox is the best solution for downloaded anime.

Aww... too bad for me. :-(

I guess what I'm going to have to do is just back them up on cd's... and play them on my computer whenever I want.

Although, this is assuming I get a disc drive that can burn DVD's (I assumed, originally, that my disc drive that can burn, and READ dvd's could burn DVD's... but I guess I was wrong).

If I get such a disc drive, to burn onto DVD discs... I'll make some random attempts anyways, :-P (4-5 episodes max doesn't sound like much...).

Divinity
Wed, 02-22-2006, 11:34 AM
Isn't there another way, I think I've seen my bro do this before.

He used a cable and hooked it from his computer to a TV and he was playing street fighter on his TV through his comp. Could this be done for watching movies as well?

And, if so what kind of cable is needed? Is it more complicated than just getting a Divx DVD player?