PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Live Action Spiderman!

Terracosmo
Mon, 02-06-2006, 07:27 PM
http://www.pistolwimp.com/media/40930/

Jesus, that's some funny stuff.

It's an entire episode by the way so load your popcorn and get ready to laugh. (or/and cry)

Note: Didn't put this in Movies/TV since it's an really old series and, well, yeah.

Ero-Fan
Mon, 02-06-2006, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
http://www.pistolwimp.com/media/40930/

Jesus, that's some funny stuff.

It's an entire episode by the way so load your popcorn and get ready to laugh. (or/and cry)

Note: Didn't put this in Movies/TV since it's an really old series and, well, yeah.

There is no god.... Damn, that was awful.
Edit: And I'm not even done yet!! Haha. Sigh
Edit2: What the fuck is a love love episode?

Assassin
Mon, 02-06-2006, 07:32 PM
ahahaha spidey has a giant robot! fucking awsome!!

The japanese make everythign better. Its a fact.

anphorus
Mon, 02-06-2006, 07:33 PM
Lol, this is some funny stuff. Giant Robot? Why is there a giant robot? Brilliant.

Originally posted by: Ero-Fan
There is no god.... Damn, that was awful.

You're right it was awful. Awful hilarious!

Off Topic: Woo! I'm a Chuunin now, hurray.

Carnage
Mon, 02-06-2006, 07:38 PM
OMG. That is some funny shit, and I only watched the theme song. WOW. "A NEW VILLIAN ARRIVES! SUPER BATTLE EXCELSIOR!"

This just made my day.

Ero-Fan
Mon, 02-06-2006, 07:38 PM
"It's always been my dream to dress in tights"
Well, we know which way his father swings..
"You are spiderman, like you father was before you."

Necromas
Mon, 02-06-2006, 07:47 PM
Haha, that sure is funny!

"He goes around in his fancy suit and beats up generic looking bad guys!"

"OMFG there is a giant robot! Why's there a giant robot? How could marvel ever agree to something like this?"

"I've chosen you to save the world. Go to where the spiders web ends. And don't forget to clean your ears!"

"I am the one that reasearches naked 8-year olds for Moe!"

Haha, he has a giant robot AND a flying racecar!

masamuneehs
Mon, 02-06-2006, 08:31 PM
i cannot stop laughing. i started crying tears of laughter when "Hitotsu Genie! Hitotsu Genie!" i had to stop it a minute in and get a box of tissues from the other room. oh wow this is so much to handle right now.

oh, holy sweet everything that is holy. oh i need to spread this, link going in my away message.

the only thing i sorta wish for is that they didn't add in so many obvious mistranslations. Some of the jokes were pretty funny, but I think the show on its own would have been evern more hilarious!

UChessmaster
Mon, 02-06-2006, 09:17 PM
well... at least now we know where did the power rangers came from

Knives122
Mon, 02-06-2006, 09:32 PM
"he'll spin his webs of stikiness and put them in jail"

and why does SM have a giant robot?

XanBcoo
Mon, 02-06-2006, 10:49 PM
Why must the Japanese pervert everything (http://www.axioentertainment.com/articles/p2_articleid/35/p2_page/2) into super-sentai mecha shows about saving the earth from evil alien invaders??

Seriously though, I too produced tears from laughing at the credits alone. This is some of the corniest, yet funniest stuff I've seen in a while. I loved when the "putties" jumped out, and also how the guy kept pronouncing ~Maaaa~~veller~ I really needed that.
Edit: Holy shit! He uses a lame-ass rope to swing around on! hahaha. I love it.

Originally posted by: UChessmaster
well... at least now we know where did the power rangers came from
The Power Rangers were literally a direct rip off of old Japanese sentai shows with the in-costume parts dubbed over, and the out-of-costume parts remade with American actors. The first season of MMPR was called "Zyuuranger" in Japan I think (the one with the Dinozords). Google it.

Knives122
Mon, 02-06-2006, 10:56 PM
why does that guy hate Mikey so much, I love that guy.

KoKo37
Tue, 02-07-2006, 12:46 AM
lmao, this thing is brilliant "OMFG, thats a giant robot!, Why is there a giant robot?". then all those pathetic backflips and poor special effects, then that talking spider " Takuya, Stop dawdling around and get your ass over to the crash site!" . I'm defently sending this to my friends XD. thanks for the link Terra i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

LaZie
Tue, 02-07-2006, 01:14 AM
Oh my gosh! Im scarred for life i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

darkmetal505
Tue, 02-07-2006, 01:34 AM
man the american spiderman never fought generic badguys... damn

Psyke
Tue, 02-07-2006, 05:36 AM
I saw this clip a while back, but knew about the Japanese Spider-man for years. In fact, the entire DVD series was just released in Japan recently. Sure it looks corny and dumb now, but I thought the Spider-man outfit was at least (slightly) better than the American one worn in the 1970s series.

And as for UChessmaster, this genre of shows is known as Tokusatsu, and is completely different from Power Rangers, which is known as Sentai. In fact, every year in Japan, a new Sentai series is made. The industry is huge, and the US series is mostly a copy and paste job. The current mystic rangers shown in the US is actually based on the magirangers shown in Japan in 2004.

This year marks the 30th Sentai anniversary, the 40th Ultraman anniversary, and the 35th Kamen Rider anniversary. Just for your info i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

All the Red Rangers ever, and this year's new Sentai: Boukenger.
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/4741/kfullnormal20060205045l0jx8vz.jpg

Kraco
Tue, 02-07-2006, 06:33 AM
Damn, that was the funniest thing I have seen for a while.

How the hell did they find actors for something like that? Nobody can use that on their CV...

UChessmaster
Tue, 02-07-2006, 10:13 AM
wow... i never knew this thing about the power rangers!!!

XanBcoo
Tue, 02-07-2006, 11:15 AM
They left out Karakura Red in that picture, Psyke.

Psyke
Tue, 02-07-2006, 11:30 AM
I'm not a big sentai fan though I love tokusatsu and have my own Ultraman site. Not too sure which series you referring to and I'm too lazy to look , so here's a pic for those who are interested to see all 30 sentai series so far. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

All 30 Sentai series (picture) (http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/4192/sentai6az.jpg)

Knives122
Tue, 02-07-2006, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by: Psyke
I saw this clip a while back, but knew about the Japanese Spider-man for years. In fact, the entire DVD series was just released in Japan recently. Sure it looks corny and dumb now, but I thought the Spider-man outfit was at least (slightly) better than the American one worn in the 1970s series.

And as for UChessmaster, this genre of shows is known as Tokusatsu, and is completely different from Power Rangers, which is known as Sentai. In fact, every year in Japan, a new Sentai series is made. The industry is huge, and the US series is mostly a copy and paste job. The current mystic rangers shown in the US is actually based on the magirangers shown in Japan in 2004.

This year marks the 30th Sentai anniversary, the 40th Ultraman anniversary, and the 35th Kamen Rider anniversary. Just for your info

All the Red Rangers ever, and this year's new Sentai: Boukenger.
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/4741/kfullnormal20060205045l0jx8vz.jpg

the sad thing about that picture is that I recognize most of the red rangers

Raven
Tue, 02-07-2006, 08:01 PM
As a Spiderman fanatic I'm both outraged and crying with laughter simultaneously.

Psyke
Tue, 02-07-2006, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn
As a Spiderman fanatic I'm both outraged and crying with laughter simultaneously.

If you're a big fan then you should start spelling Spider-man with a hypen. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Lefty
Tue, 02-07-2006, 11:39 PM
Terra where do you find this stuff. I laughed so hard I nearly peed my self.

Honoko
Wed, 02-08-2006, 12:20 AM
i watched this last nite and then got nightmares i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif stupid japanese spiderman.... ruined my sleep =P but it was funny at the time of viewing, i admit.

samsonlonghair
Wed, 02-08-2006, 05:25 AM
That's the funniest damn thing I've seen all day. Thanks Terra.

aznroyale
Wed, 02-08-2006, 10:46 PM
awsome man, had my snacks watching it

BioAlien
Thu, 02-09-2006, 12:45 AM
aww! i can't see the video! how come! I press the play button and its stay white.. nothing happen! nada! i got the lastest version of flash so why can't i see it and plz don't say some stupid thing like "you can't see it because you touch yourself atnight", is there a way that i can see it?

ES
Thu, 02-09-2006, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by: Knives122
the sad thing about that picture is that I recognize most of the red rangers

Im with you there bro...hehe bioman! i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

EDIT: the sad thing about the spiderman thing is they changed some of the actual script...I think.

qoute from ending theme:
Just like other sentai shows,
Lots of cheesy, overacted scenes..
but this one takes the cake..
Because of the fact it's spiderman.

Psyke
Thu, 02-09-2006, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by: XanBcoo
They left out Karakura Red in that picture, Psyke.

I can't believe I took so long to realise what you were talking about! How could I have forgotten about the Karakura sentai team! Haha! i/expressions/rolleye.gif

Raven
Thu, 02-09-2006, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by: Psyke

Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn

If you're a big fan then you should start spelling Spider-man with a hypen.
Oh shoosh. I was tired. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif