PDA

View Full Version : Xenosaga 1 and 2!

RedX1z
Sun, 02-05-2006, 06:00 PM
Xenosaga 1 and 2 for the DS (http://ds.ign.com/articles/660/660200p1.html)

i loved episode 1 for the ps2, never got around to playing 2, but since both are coming together in one sweet remade package for the ds, that's something i won't pass on. especially when it's done with beautiful sprites.

anyways, your thoughts?

BioAlien
Sun, 02-05-2006, 07:50 PM
awsome! i never played the one on PS2 (since i don't have a ps2...) but this one look great,

mage
Mon, 02-06-2006, 01:11 AM
xenosaga was a boring piece of shit. there were WAY to many cutscenes, it was a fuckin movie-game.

Aeon
Mon, 02-06-2006, 04:13 AM
I loved xenosaga 1 but 2 bored the crap out of me. Never got around to finishing it but I guess I'll do it sometime in the distant future before 3 comes out.

RedX1z
Mon, 02-06-2006, 07:13 AM
yeah, i've been hearing bad things about 2 as well, but 1 was great none the less, also, since both are coming together it wouldn't hurt to try it out then say it sucks. you never know, they might do something about 2 on the ds version and it might not suck.

Paulyboy
Mon, 02-06-2006, 07:11 PM
Yeah the cutscenes were too long, and plus I had to restart my game because that email shit got to me and I could have had alot of money. But the game was cool though and not that bad.

Divinity
Tue, 02-07-2006, 11:29 AM
They'd been better off making it for the Gamecube.

I hate how the rpg games always get remade to nintendo's handhelds.

masamuneehs
Tue, 02-07-2006, 11:58 AM
Do yourself a favor: don't spend your money on these two games. Instead go out and get a used PS1, memory card, and XenoGEARS.
The fact that these craptastic titles hold the 'Xeno' name makes me sick to my stomach. I also hear that the third one might be the last one. I sure hope so, so they can go back and remake the original.
And I was really happy when I first heard about the XSaga series.

It was like Namco appeared, draped in black, secretly knowing my darkest desires and said:
Namco: "Doth thou desire more Xeno?"
Me: "More Xeno?"
Namco: "Yes, more Xeno."
Me: Xeno? Xeno... More Xeno! Yes! Yes I want more Xeno!!!
Namco: "So be it!"

**Namco begins working, detailed character designs, new battle system, cut-scenes**
Namco: My fist is the divine breath
**Namco releases vague press releases, showing just teasers of the awaited greatness. Xeno lovers are rapt with attention, word spreads**
Namco: Blossom, o fallen seed, draw upon thy hidden powers!
** As the release date comes closer the cult following behind Xeno grows and grows. The eager masses await, tongues wagging like dogs. Millions of copies are bought in advance**
Namco: Grant unto thee the power of the glorious 'Mother of Reduction'!

Me (along with all the Xenogears) fans: "Um, isn't it 'Mother of Destruction'? What do you mean by reduction? Weren't you using the power of the PS2 to create an awesome-"
Namco: "All of that power is fake!"
Me: "What? What do you mean fake? This is a prequel to Xenogears, right? All those teasers said-"
Namco: "A fake vessel, a fake greatness. It is all useless crap strewn to make us more money! It is too late, millions have already purchased, and they will also purchase the upcoming crappy 2 sequels to the not-really related, but full of BS allusions to what would have been a prequel if the production team hadn't split up. Mwhaha!"

Somewhere on the top floor of Namco's HQ a man is laughing: "Stupid Lambs"

RedX1z
Sat, 02-11-2006, 09:06 PM
oh, come on, you never know. they could've made less talk and more fun in the ds version, there's endless possibilities. also, 1 wasn't bad at all, second, we're talking about something you can play on the go. unless you want to plug your psone in the carjack and play like that, so uncomfortable.

RedX1z
Sat, 02-11-2006, 09:06 PM
sorry for the double post, something went wrong..