PDA

View Full Version : BitTorrent... Seriously Needing Help

Canadian
Sun, 02-05-2006, 01:38 PM
I've searched through various forums and FAQ's, but I can't seem to find a clear answer for my few questions. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me out (I'll just list them):

(I've been downloading from the Naruto sources given by this sight, gotwoot.net, and have been trying to download 1-25, and 26-50)

1. I am not sure what an average BitTorrent download rate should be. I have one running on 20-40Kb/S and another running on about 16-30Kb/S (been trying "BitTorrent", and "BitTornado"). If these are below average, do you have any suggestions to increase the speed? Is this just average, and one would have to wait a day or so?

2. I can't play the files from the BitTorrents when they're only 20% or 50% done. Is this normal? Should one have to wait for the file to be completely downloaded to be able to play it? Are the Naruto BitTorrents given by this sight (1-25 and 26-50, for example) given with subtitles (in English)?

Thanks for any help. Sorry if this is an annoying post.

EDIT: Now it's running like 1Kb/S - 3Kb/S... ouch? Is this normal, also?

Deadfire
Sun, 02-05-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by: Canadian
I've searched through various forums and FAQ's, but I can't seem to find a clear answer for my few questions. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me out (I'll just list them):

(I've been downloading from the Naruto sources given by this sight, gotwoot.net, and have been trying to download 1-25, and 26-50)

1. I am not sure what an average BitTorrent download rate should be. I have one running on 20-40Kb/S and another running on about 16-30Kb/S (been trying "BitTorrent", and "BitTornado"). If these are below average, do you have any suggestions to increase the speed? Is this just average, and one would have to wait a day or so?

2. I can't play the files from the BitTorrents when they're only 20% or 50% done. Is this normal? Should one have to wait for the file to be completely downloaded to be able to play it? Are the Naruto BitTorrents given by this sight (1-25 and 26-50, for example) given with subtitles (in English)?

Thanks for any help. Sorry if this is an annoying post.

Welcome and I thank you alot for posting this in the right spot.. you are one up in my books (also your canadian as well)

1. A average speed varies, It matters how many people are seeding the file and how many are leaching of it, so it doesn't matter what program you use it matters on something you can't control

2. Yes it is normal. The bittorrent protocol breaks the file(s) down into smaller fragments, typically a quarter of a megabyte (256 KB) in size. Peers download missing fragments from each other and upload those that they already have to peers that request them. The protocol is 'smart' enough to choose the peer with the best network connections for the fragments that it's requesting. To increase the overall efficiency of the swarm (the ad-hoc P2P network temporarily created to distribute a particular file), the bittorrent clients request from their peers the fragments that are most rare; in other words, the fragments that are available on the least number of peers, making most fragments available widely across many machines and avoiding bottlenecks. The file fragments are not usually downloaded in sequential order and need to be reassembled by the receiving machine. It is important to note that clients start uploading fragments to their peers before the entire file is downloaded. Sharing by each peer therefore begins when the first complete segment is downloaded and can begin to be uploaded if another peer requests it. This scheme is particularly useful for trading large files such as videos and operating systems. This is contrasted with conventional file serving where high demand can lead to saturation of the host's resources as the consumption of bandwidth to transfer the file to many requesting downloaders surges. With BitTorrent, high demand can actually increase throughput as more bandwidth and additional seeds of the file become available to the group.

Because the file doesn't have all the fragments when it's not 100% thats why you can't play it as your computers doesn't know how to play it...Because frankly it doesn't know what it is yet

Canadian
Sun, 02-05-2006, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the help.

Could someone can answer my final question of whether the Naruto Torents offered on this site are given with English subtitles? (or if only some are, an example of which ones are)

KoKo37
Sun, 02-05-2006, 06:11 PM
yes, all the espisodes on this site have english subs, and there done by AonE ( which is probally the best fansub group for Naruto atm ). If a espisode doesn't have sub's it should have "Raw" beside it. Also AonE hasn't subbed the latest espisodes yet, if you wanna get them without waiting for AonE to sub them, go to Dayebatto (http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/) ( there not as good, but there fast at subbing. )

Edit : oh and welcome to the forums i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Canadian
Sun, 02-05-2006, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by: KoKo37
yes, all the espisodes on this site have english subs, and there done by AonE ( which is probally the best fansub group for Naruto atm ). If a espisode doesn't have sub's it should have "Raw" beside it. Also AonE hasn't subbed the latest espisodes yet, if you wanna get them without waiting for AonE to sub them, go to Dayebatto (http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/) ( there not as good, but there fast at subbing. )

Edit : oh and welcome to the forums

Thanks for all the help. :-)

I have one final problem (just occured):

I was 50% done (approximately) downloading the BitTorent of "Naruto" episodes 1-25 when I chose "download later". I came back to it about four hours later... and went to resume the download... and now I'm at 0% progress... :-(... would anyone have a solution to this? (I'm using a program called "BitTorent")

BTW: Does anyone know a faster way to attain BitTorents (like limewire directly from someone?)