PDA

View Full Version : Sarutobi vs. Itachi

Necromas
Sat, 02-04-2006, 03:10 PM
The third hokage, master of many powerful jutsu, who fought against Orochimaru, and the ressurected first 2 hokages, against the slayer of the Uchiha clan, user of the mangekyou sharingan, and powerful member of the legendary Akatsuki.

XanBcoo
Sat, 02-04-2006, 04:02 PM
Seeing as the Third is dead...Itachi. And even if he hadn't died fighting Oro, he still would have lost.

anphorus
Sat, 02-04-2006, 05:25 PM
Sarutobi as he was just before he died would lose to Itachi, although I think it'd be a close call.

Sarutobi in his prime would have bitchslapped Itachi to the next dimension.

Sapphire
Sat, 02-04-2006, 05:28 PM
We don't even really know know how strong Itachi is. How many battles have we seen him struggle in? He always runs away before he can get seriously harmed. (Smart)

Jadugar
Sat, 02-04-2006, 05:43 PM
I agree with anphorus. To make the fight fair, make Sarutobi younger.

Oh yes, Itachi is always running away like Sapphire said.
His time is up. Sasuke is up for another famly re-union.

Carnage
Sat, 02-04-2006, 07:05 PM
I don't know if Sarutobi could bitchslap Itachi. I don't think Sarutobi could defend against the mangyeku sharingan unless he closed his eyes, which is a disadvantage for him.

Necromas
Sat, 02-04-2006, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by: God#2
I don't know if Sarutobi could bitchslap Itachi. I don't think Sarutobi could defend against the mangyeku sharingan unless he closed his eyes, which is a disadvantage for him.

Someone as smart as him would figure out how to fight him without looking at his eyes, like Gai did. I mean come on, he was the leader of the village that held the uchiha clan back when it was konohas second most powerful clan, he is bound to know alot about the sharingan and mangekyou sharingan. (I would imagine that the Hokage would have the "clearance" to be allowed to see the uchiha clans records that they kept in their secret meeting place, which told about the mangekyou)

Carnage
Sat, 02-04-2006, 10:53 PM
who says the Uchiha clan knew about that scroll telling how to obtain the mangyeku sharingan? How would Sarutbo know about the scrolls? And Sarutobi would still be at a disadvantage.

ChaosK
Sun, 02-05-2006, 12:54 AM
1. itachi told sasuke to look there for secret of sharingan
2. sarutobi was the hokage, you dont have secret underground meetings without his permission first
3. ??

RedX1z
Sun, 02-05-2006, 10:50 AM
to know about the mangyeku sharingan is one thing, but to own it and use is another thing. no matter how much the third would know about it, he wouldn't know it to the full extent, because he does not own it. itachi on the other hand would not only know it, but probably be able to use it to the full extent, to the point where it wouldn't be written down in scrolls. at this point for all we know, the eye could've proabably reached a "new level" that we don't know about or anyone else in naruto.

Splash!
Sun, 02-05-2006, 12:45 PM
Orochimaru himself admitted that he was no match for Itachi
Orochimaru killed Sarutobi,
Ergo, Itachi would have also killed Sarutobi, and with ease, i might add

Yeah this syllogism pretty much sums it up

Splash!
Sun, 02-05-2006, 12:46 PM
DAMN, Double Post

The Heretic Azazel
Sun, 02-05-2006, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by: splash

That doesnt sum anything up.. You should take into account how a ninja's weaknesses complement the enemy's strengths, and not only that, but Sarutobi became a Hokage when he was a child. You honestly think Itachi would easily beat the third? That's plain absurd.

I give this to Sarutobi for experience, I think he'd have a way to counter the Mangekyou.

Jadugar
Sun, 02-05-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by: The Heretic Azazel
I give this to Sarutobi for experience, I think he'd have a way to counter the Mangekyou.

Ditto.

MS is overrated. A quick sand in Itachi 's eye and he is a sitting duck waiting to be shoot. He even cant use it for long.

Foolish Hokage, you lack pubes.......

Carnage
Sun, 02-05-2006, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by: The Heretic Azazel

That doesnt sum anything up.. You should take into account how a ninja's weaknesses complement the enemy's strengths, and not only that, but Sarutobi became a Hokage when he was a child. You honestly think Itachi would easily beat the third? That's plain absurd.

I definatly agree with you that each ninja has his stregnths/weaknesses, which makes this show interesting. Its not like just: "I HAVE A POWER LEVEL OF 1 MILLION" "OH YEAH, WELL I HAVE A POWER LEVEL OF 2 MILLION!!!HYAAAAAA!!!"

Really? Sarutobi became Hokage when he was a kid? Never knew that.

No, I doubt he could avoid the MS without closing his eyes.

KoKo37
Sun, 02-05-2006, 06:48 PM
Well I think Sarutobi would win in his prime, wasn't he like called the professor for knowing all the Konoha jutsu? One of them must have been good to counter MS.

Dug88
Sun, 02-05-2006, 09:05 PM
I think Sarutobi would win I mean you don't become the hokage for nothing and Itachi wouldn't stand a chance.

Konohamaru
Mon, 02-06-2006, 11:57 AM
I think a better match for Itachi would be the 4th Hokage. Although dead, I think he would be more of a match since the 4th was known for his speed in both jutsus and overall speed.

Back on topic, Sarutobi in his prime would win but not very easily.

Divinity
Mon, 02-06-2006, 03:25 PM
Can Itachi even beat the Sannins?

XanBcoo
Mon, 02-06-2006, 03:37 PM
Who knows...but at least one of the Sannin has beat Sarutobi.

I'll concede that in his prime, the 3rd might have had a chance, but I still think Itachi is capable of some Kage ass kickin'.

Dug88
Mon, 02-06-2006, 04:28 PM
Itachi's just a spoiled fuck Sarutobi became the Hokage when he was just a little kid so if Itachi's so great why didn't he become Hokage?

XanBcoo
Mon, 02-06-2006, 04:41 PM
Ok, when did it ever say that Sarutobi became the Hokage when he was little? I don't think he actually did...

so if Itachi's so great why didn't he become Hokage?
Because he murdered countless people, fled his villiage, became a missing nin, and joined a criminal organization. I'm pretty sure those are not exactly qualities befitting a good Kage...

The Heretic Azazel
Mon, 02-06-2006, 05:00 PM
In that one scene, The First and Second tooka very young Sarutobi out to the cliff, saying something to the effect that his reign would begin tomorrow.

Sapphire
Mon, 02-06-2006, 05:04 PM
Yes a flashback in his fight with Orochimaru.. I wonder how strong you would possibly have to be, to be deemed Hokage at such a young age. But then again, his is dubbed, "The Professor" of all the Hokages.

Necromas
Mon, 02-06-2006, 06:09 PM
Gai was basically immune to the genjutsu effects of the mangekyou sharingan because he learned from fighting against Kakashi, even though he didnt even know anything about the mangekyou sharingan.

All Sarutobi would have to do to be immune to the effects is to know enough about his own villages clan to know that the sharingan requires eye contact to be used as a genjutsu aid. Surely someone as intelligent as him could put two and two together and fight him without looking into his eyes instead of trying to fight him with his eyes closed.

Although Itachi could still use the black fire technique that supposedly needs the mangekyou, and he could still use normal sharingan to read Sarutobis moves. But lets not forget that itachi cannot use the mangekyou for a long period of time.

Sarutobi's title of the professor signifies his mastery of many complicated jutsu, he even impressed orochimaru when he combined fire and earth (and maybe water? does mudslide count as water too?) jutsu to make a powerful combo attack of a flaming stone barrage and a mudslide.

Also, Sarutobi has King Yama (the monkey king), which is a very powerful boss summon.

Wether or not it matters in a battle with such high level jutsu flying around, Itachi is still a master at using shurkien, with basically perfect accuracy and the bounce move Sasuke learned from him to hit people behind cover.

Rasengan33
Tue, 02-07-2006, 08:08 PM
Itachi....hands down.....

although sarutobi could summon Enma to help him out....as u no he is very powerful

Itachi can u the mangekyou so that is a huge atvantage to him...
i guess Sarutobi knows more jutsus than Itachi, but Itachi can use the jutsus that come bundled with the Mangekyou pakage i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif..but still it would be an awsome fight to watch

(it will never happen since the Third is dead tho i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif)

Carnage
Tue, 02-07-2006, 08:15 PM
Ok, about Gai being able to avoid the Sharingan. Kakashi is Gai's rival. Gai probably spent A WHOLE TON OF TIME practicing being able to fight extremely well with his eye's closed. plus his area is taijustsu so he has an advantage. But I don't think Sarutobi spent much of his time practicing to fight with his eyes closed. And who knows if there is a Konoha technique that can defeat the all mighty MS.

And about the question if Itachi could even beat a Sannin:

Tsunade had trouble with Kabuto, so I don't think we're going to even consider her.

We've been over this millions of times that Orichimaru admitted that Itachi is stronger.

The situation is flaky on if Jiraiya>Itachi or Itachi<Jiraiya. Thats all for now, I'm tired of typing/

darkmetal505
Tue, 02-07-2006, 08:24 PM

The situation is flaky on if Jiraiya>Itachi or Itachi<Jiraiya. Thats all for now, I'm tired of typing/

huh? jiraiya is winning both times, do you mean Itachi>Jiraiya.

Im sure Sarutobi knowns the secrets of each clan in his village. He has to have something to fight a sharingan.

Carnage
Tue, 02-07-2006, 09:12 PM
The sharingan isn't the only reason Itachi is an uber ninja. if I remember correctly, his hand seal movements were so fast while he fought Kakashi (Battle 1) that even kakashi couldn't catch them.I don't think his sharingan is the only thing that makes him a great ninja.

anime892
Tue, 02-07-2006, 09:49 PM
i think that itachi would probably win

sarutobi<orochimaru<itachi?Jiraiya

ChaosK
Tue, 02-07-2006, 10:40 PM
The sharingan isn't the only reason Itachi is an uber ninja. if I remember correctly, his hand seal movements were so fast while he fought Kakashi (Battle 1) that even kakashi couldn't catch them.I don't think his sharingan is the only thing that makes him a great ninja.

kakashi caught them, kakashi barely countered though, it was kurenai who was like "hand seals so fast, i couldnt even see them" and itachi made that move even better by make a movement with the shuriken in his hands, dragging your attention to that area making you think he'll throw them but instead he attacked with a jutsu that took zabuzza and kakashi like 5 min in the wave country arc.

Necromas
Tue, 02-07-2006, 10:41 PM
Ok, about Gai being able to avoid the Sharingan. Kakashi is Gai's rival. Gai probably spent A WHOLE TON OF TIME practicing being able to fight extremely well with his eye's closed. plus his area is taijustsu so he has an advantage. But I don't think Sarutobi spent much of his time practicing to fight with his eyes closed. And who knows if there is a Konoha technique that can defeat the all mighty MS.

And about the question if Itachi could even beat a Sannin:

Tsunade had trouble with Kabuto, so I don't think we're going to even consider her.

We've been over this millions of times that Orichimaru admitted that Itachi is stronger.

Did you even watch the episode where Gai is going to fight Itachi? He doesnt fight with his eyes closed, he simply avoids looking at Itachis eyes, and Asuma and Kurenai do the same after he tells them to open their eyes.

In the Itachi > oro, oro > sarutobi, thus itachi > sarutobi, argument.

-Oro had the first AND second hokages fighting alongside him when he fought Sarutobi, Sarutobi even did succeed in beating the first and second during the fight, but because they were undead they regenerated their lost limbs.

-Oro admitted that if Sarutobi was still in his prime, and not so old, he would have won.

-Since Sarutobi is already dead, one would assume you consider his strength to be that of the time in his life in which he was at his strongest.

Strider
Thu, 02-16-2006, 12:36 PM
I am confused by those stating to make Sarutobi younger. Is that to make this match, a young Sarutobi against the current Itachi? Or simply go back in time to when they were both younger to correspond with the desired age of Sarutobi? In either above situation, Sarutobi would win. His youth, or lack thereof, was the only reason Orochimaru won. His chakra capacity has depreciated in his age, thus limiting what could be done or used from his vast arsenal of skills.

While I think a youthful Sarutobi would win against a current time Itachi, it would not be easy. Itachi's speed in initiating jutsu is amazingly fast, as another Sharingan user (Kakashi) was barely able to keep up. This ability, plus the presumed idea that Itachi's arsenal is just as large as Kakashi's (Kakashi simply makes a name for himself ..), would result in an interesting battle.

Sarutobi would get around Mangekyou Sharingan. I am totally confident in that. Sarutobi was enveloped in complete darkness and was able to pin point both Hokage through it, and block a number of incoming attacks before locating them. In essence, this is the same as having his eyes closed, preventing the annihilating effects of the Mangekyou from harming him. However, it's been shown that Itachi can perform Genjutsu without seals. While Sarutobi is clearly at a level to break these kinds of assaults, I think doing such would expel some necessary chakra, and create openings for Itachi.

In conclusion:

Sarutobi as we last saw him would be unable to best Itachi. His youth and speed take precedence here, and overcome the Professor.

Sarutobi twenty years prior would work hard for it, but in the end beat any timeline Itachi thrown at him, and once more prove he is deserving of all titles given to him.

Strider
Thu, 02-16-2006, 12:37 PM
EDIT: Holy double-post, Batman!

darkshadow
Thu, 02-16-2006, 01:48 PM
sarutobi, definitly:
1. orochimaru said to kabuto he did not have enough men to even think about attacking the 3rd, then after some thought he probably thought of edo tensei, sacrificed kin and zaku, and gained the power to face the 3rd ( 1st and 2nd aid, remember they are KAGE lvl )
2. orochimaru said that the 3rd was called as god amongst ninjas and the professor
3. sarutobi became hokage when he as damn young, he is 10x the genius itachi was, maybe 100x
4. when he was in the 2nd's genjutsu he didnt rely on sight, but on smell to locate him, who says he cant just do the same to itachi, or maybe something even more badass
5. itachi ran from jiraiya, even saying that they would either die, or he would die and take them with him, orochimaru knocked out jiraiya pretty hard in the sannin battle
6. orochimaru said that itachi is stronger than him, or something like that, but i think that's more because he is afraid of the sharingan copying his jutsus, i mean, how can orochimaru be able to fight jiraiya but, itachi cant

i can go on and on like this, but i think its pretty obvious that sarutobi would beat him, and if he was younger, he would slap itachi around

Carnage
Thu, 02-16-2006, 09:37 PM
Here are my arguments against darkshadow:

5. Itachi ran away because he used up most up most of his energy and Kakashi and Sasuke (God knows why). They said that PROBABLY the shark guy would die. And in the battle of the Sannin, Jiraiya was poisened and Orochimaru couldn't use his arms, so its unfair to make an opinion based on that battle. And the fight seemed pretty even to me (thought my memory of that battle isnt too great. I have the episodes, I'll check all of these statements we're making later).

6. I dont think Orochimaru is the type to be afraid of something he shouldnt be. He's a genius himself. Again, the sharingan isnt the only thing that makes Itachi an amazing ninja.

In conclusion, since Orochimaru said he cant beat Itachi (and no, he doesnt have an inferiority complex. He not the type to chicken out on a big uncertainty) Oro<Itachi. Im not really sure about Itachi vs. Jiraiya because a fight never really even developed.

So so far: Oro<Itachi???Jiraiya????

And about young Sarutobi vs. Itachi

They never said how young Sarutobi was when he became hokage. For all we know young could be 20. Itachi's around that age and he could own the current Hokage (Tsunade) without a doubt. I think that there really is no way to decide right now who would clearly be the winner. We dont know how well Sarutobi would be able to fare off against Itachi. He probably has a great chance in his prime days, but even that is uncertain. Perhaps there is more to Itachi that we dont know (Im talking about his skill). For one, the Tsukyomi (or atleast I think thats how you spell it). Who knows what it really does??? BUM BUM BUM! Remember, Kakashi's sharingan was able to blow up that akatsuki member's arm (cant remember his dam name). The sharinagan may have physical abilities. Not to mention that Itachi can see where Sarutobi is going to make his moves. Unless Sarutobi can go at a speed that Itachi cant keep up with (which I doubt. But remember, you never know), then Itachi pretty much has this covered.

Assertn
Thu, 02-16-2006, 10:55 PM
the itachi < oro < sarutobi logic doesn't apply.....

The only reason sarutobi died was because he already offered his life to the death god.
The only reason he offered his life to the death god was because he saw no other solution to stopping the 1st and 2nd hokage zombies.

Itachi doesn't have any of the insane immortality crap going for him, therefore the circumstances are completely different.

Strider
Fri, 02-17-2006, 12:49 PM
@ Assertn: So, then who wins?

Assertn
Fri, 02-17-2006, 01:25 PM
Not enough data on itachi/Sarutobi's limitations

Strider
Mon, 02-20-2006, 06:56 PM
While that is true, I'm not buying it.

Who do you think would win?

If an old woman was on her deathbed, and for the sake of hearing your opinion to blissfully pass on, asked you who would win .. well, who would win?

You're not allowed to enter a thread and shut it down with logic. It isn't fun. That isn't allowed. Someone cut off his mic'.

Enter the fray of madness at its fruition, or spectate.

Necromas
Tue, 02-21-2006, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
Not enough data on itachi/Sarutobi's limitations

Shhh, the internet is NOT a place for common sense!

NineTailsKitsu
Wed, 02-22-2006, 12:58 PM
Based on the fight between Orochimaru/Sarutobi, I would have to say that Itachi would kill him (though Orochimaru allready did that).

ChaosK
Wed, 02-22-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by: NineTailsKitsu
Based on the fight between Orochimaru/Sarutobi, I would have to say that Itachi would kill him (though Orochimaru allready did that).

time for hypothetical fight #2103141341243019245813284021 itachi vs. dead sarutobi...oh yeah, how are you going to kill whats dead?

masamuneehs
Sun, 02-26-2006, 11:36 AM

Seconded.

I also think its pretty clear that a the 3rd would lose this one. And I don't think making the 3rd younger in the fight would make a difference. Sure he would be faster, stronger, etc, but he'd then be lacking the wisdom and experience that made him so good in his old age.

poopdeville
Tue, 03-07-2006, 04:37 AM
Orochimaru didn't kill Sarutobi. Sarutobi killled himself when he summoned the death god. Orochimaru barely survived the encounter. Now consider what might happen if Sarutobi were, say, 13 years younger and had just learned the death god jutsu. He wouldn't need his eyes to kill Itachi, just as he didn't need his eyes to kill the first and second Hokage.

Sarutobi would obviously beat Itachi like a foster child.

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 03-07-2006, 11:35 AM
I don't know if Sarutob would totally run over Itachi, but those of you who think he could beat Sarutobi with ease need serious help.

Deadfire
Tue, 03-07-2006, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by: poopdeville
Orochimaru didn't kill Sarutobi. Sarutobi killled himself when he summoned the death god. Orochimaru barely survived the encounter. Now consider what might happen if Sarutobi were, say, 13 years younger and had just learned the death god jutsu. He wouldn't need his eyes to kill Itachi, just as he didn't need his eyes to kill the first and second Hokage.

Sarutobi would obviously beat Itachi like a foster child.

So the Sword that was trusted into him has only a flesh wound eh?

My vote goes to Itachi, for the same reasons that many have already given

Gen
Tue, 03-07-2006, 04:19 PM
Oro sword attack was what saved his life but by that time Sarutobi's death was inevitable. He had already summoned the death god and sealed away the souls of the 2 hokage (or the souls of the ninja oro was using as puppets ..im not sure) by the time he was mortally wounded..

poopdeville
Tue, 03-14-2006, 08:18 AM
So the Sword that was trusted into him has only a flesh wound eh?

Not exactly, but by then Sarutobi had used up most of his chakra killing off the two Hokages. If Sarutobi would have had the chakra necessary, he could have killed Orochimaru as quickly as he killed the two Hokages -- in a matter of seconds once his clones had a grasp on their targets.

Orochimaru's sword attack was immaterial. If Sarutobi would have had enough chakra, he could have killed Orochimaru before the Sword of Kusanagi pierced his chest. But since he didn't have the chakra, he could only hope to maim Orochimaru. The sword did nothing to prevent that.

Splash!
Tue, 03-14-2006, 06:40 PM
Lets not forget that age is always an important factor. Sarutobi was old and his abilities were getting mustier by the day. Maybe in his prime, sarutobi could easily clobbered Itachi but in the state that he was, i couldnt possibly see that happening. Also sarutobi has a soft spot when it comes to former konoha ninjas and that could have served as his achilles' heel in a fight against Itachi. Also, at this stage, we still have no idea of what Itachi is fully capable of anyways. We do however, roughly have an idea of Sarutobi's abilities and limitations

poopdeville
Thu, 03-16-2006, 09:47 PM
I agree. My argument was that if Sarutobi were about 13 years younger, he could have easily killed Itachi. I bet he wouldn't even need to use the Death God as a last resort.

Though I disagree with you about the older Sarutobi. I bet it would have come to summoning the death god, at worst, against Itachi even if we consider the older Sarutobi fighting. Sarutobi killed two Hokages and seriously injured Orochimaru for christ's sake.

As another point of reference, Orochimaru and Jiraiya are about equal in strength, and Itachi is afraid of Jiraiya. If Orochimaru couldn't do it, I don't think Itachi, who is scared of Jiraiya, could either. Especially since Itachi doesn't know Edo Tensei, which is what Orochimaru essentially depended on.

drims
Fri, 03-17-2006, 11:20 PM
I only watch the anime but i was tempted to see the spoiler side of the naruto forums. In this case I would say Sarutobi because in his fight with Oro he was able to fight in complete darkness so he would be able to fight Itachi with his eyes closed or in complete darkness... And it seems with him knowing every jutsu in Konoha he would be able to pull alot of tricks out of his sleeve.

Now im going to head back to the Naruto anime section (with no spoilers) :)

Zidarri the Exile
Thu, 03-23-2006, 04:44 PM
Orochimaru clearly said Itachi is stronger than him.

Itachi's speed is yet unmatched*as far as we know*, his Sharingan is the most advanced, I think, and, not only that, his abilty in Tai,Gen, and Nin Jutusu are all WAY above elite.

Sandaime was the strongest of the Four Hokage's. He knew every jutsu in Konoha, and probably others, and his chakra, even is his old age, was almost equal to that of Orochimaru, who can summon the snake-like equivelent of Gamabunta, and not even feel it.

Sandaime also has Yandaime's Death God Seal, which is most likely the strongest sealing jutsu. His speed is great, also.

But, he does not have an Advanced Blood-line Abilty like Uchiha Itachi.

I think, in all honesty, Itachi would win, with little trouble.

Ownage Kid
Fri, 03-24-2006, 07:05 PM
I think Sarutobi would win, actually.

If you think about it, he was totally outmatched during the Orochimaru fight. There were four of Oro's henchmen that essentially blocked any means of escape, plus the two Hokages that he was forced to fight as well. You guys aren't realizing that, while Sarutobi did die, he was totally outnumbed.

A one-on-one between him and Itachi wouldn't be a huge problem, provided nobody else jumped in to save Ita's ass.

ALSO: Zidarri, this whole series brings up the idea of bloodline abilities and those who train hard. What happened during the fight between Neji and Naruto? Yeah, Naruto won.

The match could go either way, really. But going into it Sarutobi would have an advantage, provided he wasn't worried about two other hokages on his ass while fighting.

poopdeville
Fri, 03-24-2006, 07:21 PM
Orochimaru clearly said Itachi is stronger than him.

Itachi's speed is yet unmatched*as far as we know*,...

Doubtful. The Fourth could pretty much teleport from place to place instantly. His nickname was "The Yellow Flash of Konoha". Though there are conflicting opinions about this in the anime, the Third in his prime was supposedly stronger than the Fourth.

This isn't directed at you, Zidarri, but I've noticed that a lot of people are claiming that the Third knew all the jutsu in Konoha. That's doubtful too. Jiraiya said that only he and the Fourth knew how to do the Rasengan while he taught it to Naruto.

I wish the Third hadn't died. Hokage level fights are awesome.

Zidarri the Exile
Fri, 03-24-2006, 09:32 PM
Yandaime - Known as the 'Professor' for knowing every Jutsu in Konoha.

# 1. Sandaime, the Fourth, is dead. SO his speed does not matter, atm.
# 2. Rasengan is not a Jutsu of Konoha.
# 3. Orochimaru did not go all out against Yandaime.

He did not summon his snake. he did not use other abilities he's shown. He was toying with Yandaime.

Itachi is stronger than Orochimaru, as Orochimaru said it. Itachi is most likely as strong Sarutobi, if not stronger.

Another thing, Itachi has Tsukuyomi and Mangekyou, and Amaterasu. Three things Yandame could not evade, because he does not have the Sharingan.

Carnage
Fri, 03-24-2006, 10:49 PM
Yandaime - Known as the 'Professor' for knowing every Jutsu in Konoha.

# 1. Sandaime, the Fourth, is dead. SO his speed does not matter, atm.
# 3. Orochimaru did not go all out against Yandaime.

He did not summon his snake. he did not use other abilities he's shown. He was toying with Yandaime.

Itachi is stronger than Orochimaru, as Orochimaru said it. Itachi is most likely as strong Sarutobi, if not stronger.

Another thing, Itachi has Tsukuyomi and Mangekyou, and Amaterasu. Three things Yandame could not evade, because he does not have the Sharingan.

Are you getting Sandaime and Yondaime mixed up? Yondaime is the 4th hokage, and nothing was ever said about Oro fighting Yondaime.

Zidarri the Exile
Sat, 03-25-2006, 03:13 AM
Sorry, I was tired when I posted.

Sandaime - Known as the 'Professor' for knowing every Jutsu in Konoha.

# 1. Yandaime, the Fourth, is dead. SO his speed does not matter, atm.
# 3. Orochimaru did not go all out against Sandaime.

He did not summon his snake. he did not use other abilities he's shown. He was toying with Sandaime.

Another thing, Itachi has Tsukuyomi and Mangekyou, and Amaterasu. Three things Sandaime. could not evade, because he does not have the Sharingan.*fixed*

poopdeville
Sat, 03-25-2006, 07:36 PM
How is the Rasengan not a Konoha jutsu? It was invented by the Fourth Hokage.

Orochimaru isn't so retarded as to not use high level jutsu when in danger. Sarutobi had already killed two Hokage and was about to kill Orochimaru. All Orochimaru could do was ineffectually stab Sarutobi with the Sword of Kusanagi. Orochimaru was lucky to leave just his arms in Konoha.

Orochimaru definitely went all out against Sarutobi. He freaking used Edo Tensei to try to resurrect three Hokage against Sarutobi.

Carnage
Sat, 03-25-2006, 11:17 PM
Did anyone see Sarutobi scared shitless when Oro almost summoned the fourth?

darkmetal505
Sun, 03-26-2006, 12:15 AM
Did anyone see Sarutobi scared shitless when Oro almost summoned the fourth?

Did God#2 just pull bs out of his butt? No he wasnt scared shitless, all he said was that three of them would be troublesome and if Oro had pulled out the 4th, he wouldve been very hard to defeat.

poopdeville is corrent, IMO, that Oro went all out. First it would be troublesome summoning Manda on a giant building, and he couldnt because he had the barrier surrounding them, which would stirctly inhibit Manda's movements. If he had Manda summoned, Sarutobi could have run away or something. Oro wanted to make sure no one interferred and he wanted to kill the 3rd at all costs. Also Edo Tensei is a forbidden jutsu, showing Oro was intent on slaying the old man.

You are forgetting that the 3rd has a buttload of experience, probably 3 times the amount of Itachi. Im sure he has a way of countering Sharingan, and Im sure he would know about Mangekyou and its abilities.

However, the 3rd was/is (in this case) very old, which might prove to be his demise.

Zidarri the Exile
Sun, 03-26-2006, 12:25 AM
I don't think he was scared, but definitly shocked.

Orochimaru said Itachi is stronger than him. He said it. That is the main reason I believe Itachi could kill Sandaime.

Itachi probably coulda have been the Godaime, or 6th*Rokudaime????*

I know Kakashi is no match for Orochimaru, Itachi, or Sandaime, but still, it took only a second to make Kakashi immobile. If it wasn't for Mite Gai, Kakashi, Kurenai, and Asume would be dead. And thanks to Itachi not wanting to use to much of his chakra.

I still think Itachi woulda have killed Sandaime easier then Orochimaru did, as he said that Itachi was stronger then himself.

darkmetal505
Sun, 03-26-2006, 12:10 PM
I don't think he was scared, but definitly shocked.

Orochimaru said Itachi is stronger than him. He said it. That is the main reason I believe Itachi could kill Sandaime.

Itachi probably coulda have been the Godaime, or 6th*Rokudaime????*

I know Kakashi is no match for Orochimaru, Itachi, or Sandaime, but still, it took only a second to make Kakashi immobile. If it wasn't for Mite Gai, Kakashi, Kurenai, and Asume would be dead. And thanks to Itachi not wanting to use to much of his chakra.

I still think Itachi woulda have killed Sandaime easier then Orochimaru did, as he said that Itachi was stronger then himself.

Well most people stopped using that argument because of the circle. Oro said Itachi is stronger than him, Itachi said that Jiraya is stronger than him, and Oro is stronger than Jiraya.

They wouldnt have made him the 6th because he had too many bad motives (the reason Oro didnt become the 4th). You are forgetting that Kakashi wasnt ready that time, he said so himself.

Zidarri the Exile
Sun, 03-26-2006, 02:08 PM
I am not forgetting anything.

And no, Itachi never said Jiraiya was stronger than himself, just that they would recieve unnecessary injuries if they fought him head on like that. Itachi wouldn't be able to use his abilities that much because of the fact they were in the hall.

Jiraiya, Orochimaru, Tsunade, are all Kage level, and Oro is the strongest, and he said Itachi is stronger than him.

Thus, Itachi is stronger than Sandaime, because Orochimaru is stronger than Sandaime, and Itachi is stronger than Orochimaru.

Jiraiya would lose, one on one against Itachi. Sharingan is truely amazing. It can copy every jutsu as long as it's not a keikei genkai*sp* , and Itachi's chakra has to be huge, as he used Tsukuyomi when he was only 13/14, and Mangekyou.

Itachi is one of the strongest shinobi we've encountered so far, in the anime and manga, both. Only person who I think is stronger would be Sasori of the Red Sand.

Jiraiya, Orochimaru, Sandaime. None of them of a Bloodline limit, and Itachi has one of the stronger ones. Even without the Sharingan, Itachi is still a genius ninja.

I meant Itachi had the ability to become a Hokage before he killed the Uchiha clan. He was a chuunin at 6, a ANBU Squad Leader at 10? Or was it twelve? Itachi also probably has more then Kakashi's 1000 jutsu's copied.

If we had more knowledge on how strong Sandaime was, I am sure I could deduct a better fight, but as it is, Itachi wins.

darkmetal505
Sun, 03-26-2006, 03:41 PM
no Itachi told Kisame that if they both attacked Jiraya, they might kill him, but they would die in the process. Why else did he run away?

Zidarri the Exile
Sun, 03-26-2006, 04:05 PM
No, I will copy his exact words, by DB Translation.

"No, Kisame. If we fight him head on, we will recieve unnecessary injuries."

He also said the same thing to Kisame when Kisame was about to attack Gai.

Gen
Sun, 03-26-2006, 04:18 PM
Also, Sandaime had to handle a very well orchestrated surprise attack and oro still only won the fight by the skin of his teeth. Oro of been stronger and Itachi may be stronger them him but strengh is only part of the equation. Sharingan isnt invincible and i think Sarutobi's experience would help him come out on top.

Zidarri the Exile
Sun, 03-26-2006, 05:20 PM
Sarutobi had to use his best jutsu just to hurt Orochimaru, you call that by the skin of his teeth? No, in the overveiw, Orchimaru won quite easily. If Itachi is stronger than Orochimaru, Itachi woulda have what . . . Lost just his hands?

poopdeville
Tue, 03-28-2006, 10:30 PM
You're just an Itachi fanboy. In a fight, the winner is the person who best uses his strengths to attack the enemy's weaknesses. This is specifically why Orochimaru is afraid of Itachi. He knows he can't counter Tsukuyomi. It is obvious that Sarutobi could counter Tsukuyomi, since he killed the first two Hokage without using his eyes. Just because Orochimaru would lose to Itachi doesn't mean Sarutobi would too. Different people have different strengths and weaknesses.

Indeed, Sarutobi's greatest weakness was that he didn't have as much chakra as he used to. So Orochimaru summoned the Hokage to tire him. In the end, it worked. But just barely. Itachi doesn't know Edo Tensei, so he wouldn't be able to exploit that (relative) weakness.

Zidarri the Exile
Wed, 03-29-2006, 06:41 AM
I actually don't really like Itachi. He's a pimp and all, but yeah. I completely understand what you are saying, but Sandaime had more weaknesses than Itachi does.

Sandaime would need his eyes at some point, and I doubt Itachi would use Tsukuyomi unless he was 100% sure it would work, as it takes a lot out of him.

Itachi's only weakness is that he uses way to much Chakra way to fast. But if he just used his Sharingan to predict Sarutobi's movments, and use speed that even Kakashi's Sharingan can't keep up with, he would then corner Sarutobi with jutsu's he's copied, and use Mangekyou, or Tsukuyomi, when Sandaime was tired out, from his old age lacking chakra.

Overall, even with Itachi's youth, he is stronger than the late Sandaime Hokage-sama.

kaigan
Wed, 03-29-2006, 03:18 PM
Seeing as the Third is dead...Itachi.

Wrong again. Sarutobi would come back in spirit form and F*** Itachi and everyone up. NOOB!

PS: This post is 100% serious

Zidarri the Exile
Wed, 03-29-2006, 04:02 PM
. . .

You call someone else a noob when you post like a noob yourself. Wow.

I don't think they have 'spirit' forms on Naruto.

poopdeville
Wed, 03-29-2006, 04:22 PM
I actually don't really like Itachi. He's a pimp and all, but yeah. I completely understand what you are saying, but Sandaime had more weaknesses than Itachi does.

Sandaime would need his eyes at some point, and I doubt Itachi would use Tsukuyomi unless he was 100% sure it would work, as it takes a lot out of him.

Itachi's only weakness is that he uses way to much Chakra way to fast. But if he just used his Sharingan to predict Sarutobi's movments, and use speed that even Kakashi's Sharingan can't keep up with, he would then corner Sarutobi with jutsu's he's copied, and use Mangekyou, or Tsukuyomi, when Sandaime was tired out, from his old age lacking chakra.

Overall, even with Itachi's youth, he is stronger than the late Sandaime Hokage-sama.

Okay, I'm still not sure the old fart would lose, but you're making a lot of sense.

Naruto_RNG
Sat, 04-08-2006, 07:54 PM
@Zidarri the Exile
did u missed the part after itachi said to kisame "No, Kisame. If we fight him head on, we will recieve unnecessary injuries."
watch it again, he himself said they would either die or if they kill him they die as well.
people are saying that they haven't seen itachi full strenght, if that's true then the only time we saw sandaime fight was him against Oro and he died after that. your comapring two hokages against one an easy fight? how do u know how fast sandaime was? he was fast enough to catch two hokages in total darkness.
Itachi can't keep up MS forever and we saw sandaime fight in total darkness, so tsukuyomi is already out of question.
Itachi is decade too late to reach sandaime's lvl. Unless he know that Edo Tensei then he is no match for sandiame.

David Craft
Wed, 05-10-2006, 11:03 PM
. . .

You call someone else a noob when you post like a noob yourself. Wow.

I don't think they have 'spirit' forms on Naruto.

sorry for reviving an old topic... just had to bring this up.. in the latest filler there is a freaken "spirit" form :p :p :p stupid fillers... sigh...

anyways I think we dont know enough about itachi... but from what iv seen, it would be a hell of a fight. I do NOT think that having a blood line gives you the win... any one that does is missing one of the Main points of Naruto. Go back to the Neji - Naruto battle lol.

blood line limits are awsome but are not all powerful. Itachi's Mangeku (sp?) is one of teh most awsome effects of a Blood Line Limit but it is not unbeatable. The 3rd is the "professor" and is thus smart enough to possibly figure out how to beat it.

In teh end if the 3rd was young, he would win... the current (before dieing) 3rd... now that would be a hard battle....