PDA

View Full Version : regarding the narutards

a_odessey
Fri, 02-03-2006, 08:55 PM
has anyone else experienced the extreme stupidity and annoyance of stupid little 4-5th graders screaming about naruto wherever they go ever since cartoon network stuck it on toonami? cause at my new school, just recently, i noticed these weird kids looking on google video for gaara videos and naruto music videos and they're all like, "gaara's so sweet", or "i wish i was gaara". then i tell them naruto's being gay right now by giving us crappy fillers and that they should get into bleach instead but no.... "oh yeah? well your retarded! and i've seen bleach!",
"where."
"duh, on cartoon network."
but by then i'm already walking away. but seriously, anyone else seen any of these people?
or is it just me. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 02-03-2006, 08:57 PM
God #2 is he referring to you and your little 4th grade comrades?

UChessmaster
Fri, 02-03-2006, 09:01 PM
actually i wish i was gaara

Sapphire
Fri, 02-03-2006, 09:14 PM
Almost no one I know from school watches Naruto. XD

Mr Squiggles
Fri, 02-03-2006, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by: UChessmaster
actually i wish i was gaara
psssshhh, Gaara's a total nub compared to Lucy. If you dont know who Lucy is then you have to go watch Elfen Lied... or else.

Sapphire
Fri, 02-03-2006, 11:31 PM
Lucy isn't great. Nana rules all.

Mr Squiggles
Fri, 02-03-2006, 11:32 PM
Well, In terms of killing machine, Lucy is better, but Nana is better overall, yes.

darkmetal505
Sat, 02-04-2006, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by: a_odessey
has anyone else experienced the extreme stupidity and annoyance of stupid little 4-5th graders screaming about naruto wherever they go ever since cartoon network stuck it on toonami? cause at my new school, just recently, i noticed these weird kids looking on google video for gaara videos and naruto music videos and they're all like, "gaara's so sweet", or "i wish i was gaara". then i tell them naruto's being gay right now by giving us crappy fillers and that they should get into bleach instead but no.... "oh yeah? well your retarded! and i've seen bleach!",
"where."
but by then i'm already walking away. but seriously, anyone else seen any of these people?
or is it just me.

are you in elementary? You probably also did that when you were young. I still wish I could be like gaara.

"but seriously, anyone else seen any of these people?"

yes, you.

Assertn
Sat, 02-04-2006, 01:08 AM
I haven't.

But then again, everyone who lives in LA is in the age range of 21 - 35

Deadfire
Sat, 02-04-2006, 01:14 AM
Sadly I have.. here on the forums and during my daily life

I just listen in and hear them predict things in the series.... and privately laugh to myself. Some of the ones I've heard have made me laugh out loud with them just staring at me. of course to them I'm a adult so it makes those stare even funnier to look at. One kid had the balls to tell me i didn't know anything about Naruto, I laughed and said "at the filler eps I'm on I could care-less, and anything I tell you would spoil the show for you kids"

I also find the now sitting at the store i get my paper-back manga from asking for those headbans and such. The store owner has had it with how much they ask for stuff that he now refuses to talk english to those that piss him off. These kids then ask me why I'm reading these to them "shity" mangas and get a "real" one like naruto. I fear these kids have no idea what the naruto manga looks like nor know what a manga is.

To sum up if your a kid, and don't know at least 90% about what you are talking about....don't talk to me

kooshi
Sat, 02-04-2006, 02:35 AM
Thankfully, I go to university and away from little kids, so I don't have to put up with that shit. Regardless, I know that there are many kids like that. Gotta hate the arrogance from them. Kids should be beaten these days.... well, not severely, just a small amount for a punishment.

Assertn
Sat, 02-04-2006, 02:45 AM
I dunno.....I think it'd be kinda cool to have a bunch of little worshippers following your ungodly knowledge of Naruto.

Mr Squiggles
Sat, 02-04-2006, 03:09 AM
Thats just the thing Assertn, the brats are so full of themselves that they wont admit you know more than them.

Glad i'm in university.

Terracosmo
Sat, 02-04-2006, 03:38 AM
lmao @ wanting to be Gaara.

YARR I want to be hated insomniac with demon inside me to rape me mentally

...hey wait, I already am! Minus the demon part.

nests
Sat, 02-04-2006, 10:12 AM
Hey I think you forgot that this people are watching Naruto at a time where it really kicked ass so fillers dont matter to them.
as for noticing the polarity of it I have and quite a lot.
The other day I was outside my house working on my car when I noticed a couple of kids throwing paper triangles at each other I tough nothing of it until one kid yelled out Darn it I'm out of Kunai knifes. My actual actual reaction was WTF. so I stoped what I was doing on stood there watching to see what they would do next. Man! this kids kept throwing shit at eachother and screaming out the technique it was funny, they were about 6 or 7 years old so I guess is not that weird. I finally ask them what they were playing and they just screem out 'were playing Naruto!", with one kid adding I'm Sasuke, and one girl saying that she was Sakura I couldnt believe what I was hearing. I finally showed the little rascals the Naruto artbook that I had bought a while back and man did they go crazy. Now the freaking little bastards come up to me every time they see me to ask me questions about the anime, (its staring to annoy me).
I guess is cool that Naruto is getting really popular here too but it pains me that its no longer exclusive to the few people who have known about it for the past 4 years.

Oh yeah If you put Naruto and Bleach toghter with out the fillers I would pick Naruto every time

masamuneehs
Sat, 02-04-2006, 10:26 AM
I am in university as well, but as back home I live very close to the middle school and work on the main street I encounter all sorts of these people. However, honestly I don't think the Naruto craze is as bad as the Power Ranger one, when I was a kid (2nd grade or so) or the Pokemon one that I thankfully was too old to participate in. If Naruto was on TV , every week day, in a 3-5PM timeslot THEN we'd really be seeing the 'tards all over the place.

But, I also don't think their behaviour is that weird or unnatural. Seriously, who here didn't pretend they were their favorite TV/book/movie character when they were little?

As for them acting immature and seeming to know everything about the show (when they obviously don't) well, that is also pretty standard for most young kids. Wouldn't it be alot scarier if the tards were all on Gotwoot and IRC and were like mini Otakus? THAT would weird me out.

Oh, and I am surprised nobody has brought this up yet. People who say "I'm in university, that isn't a problem" haven't you encountered the POLAR OPPOSITE of the Narutard? I'm talking about the people who believe they have grown up and refuse to watch 'cartoons'. "What is this shit? You watching cartoons?" "Those shows are for little kids. But I love Smallville." "It must be for children, look, it's a cartoon!" You know what I'm talking about?

Kraco
Sat, 02-04-2006, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs
Oh, and I am surprised nobody has brought this up yet. People who say "I'm in university, that isn't a problem" haven't you encountered the POLAR OPPOSITE of the Narutard? I'm talking about the people who believe they have grown up and refuse to watch 'cartoons'. "What is this shit? You watching cartoons?" "Those shows are for little kids. But I love Smallville." "It must be for children, look, it's a cartoon!" You know what I'm talking about?

There are plenty of those people. Although I think most of them are like that because the only cartoons they ever saw were made for children, and on the other hand, they are so busy with other things that they simply wouldn't have time to become familiar with the whole scene. Generally speaking many people tend to scoff at things they know very little of, because that's a good way to justify the ignorance, and chances are the person knowing more of it won't pursue that subject any longer, in fear of appearing childish, and thus the ignorant one won't be proven ignorant in public. Those people are also heavily affected by peer pressure, and so their attitudes and opinions could also change quickly (of lack of opinions, to be more precise).

Carnage
Sat, 02-04-2006, 02:15 PM
I think its funny how these little kids like to pretend that their Naruto and the gang. Personally, I havent met any at my middleschool who has an interest in this stuff. Really the only bad thing I hate about it is that it gives anime's a bad reputation and other people are like "oh, thats a kid cartoon" when Naruto is probably 1 million times better than the shit they watch. but ya, I think its funny. But jeez, 4th and 5th grade? How old are you odessy?

Oh, and who doesnt want to be a crazy sicopath with a demon inside himself that can kill anyone? I sure know that I wish I could be gaara. Or kakashi. Or Itachi. Or Orichimaru. Or naruto.*keeps going on*

Carnage
Sat, 02-04-2006, 02:15 PM
I think its funny how these little kids like to pretend that their Naruto and the gang. Personally, I havent met any at my middleschool who has an interest in this stuff. Really the only bad thing I hate about it is that it gives anime's a bad reputation and other people are like "oh, thats a kid cartoon" when Naruto is probably 1 million times better than the shit they watch. but ya, I think its funny. But jeez, 4th and 5th grade? How old are you odessy?

Oh, and who doesnt want to be a crazy sicopath with a demon inside himself that can kill anyone? I sure know that I wish I could be gaara. Or kakashi. Or Itachi. Or Orichimaru. Or naruto.*keeps going on*

Edit: HOW DO I ALWAYS DOUBLE POST????

Mr Squiggles
Sat, 02-04-2006, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by: God#2
Because your n00bmometer is going off the charts

One of my friends used to be one of them anti-anime/manga people who thought it was only for 7 year olds. Then I showed him the Hellsing manga. Now he knows better.

Deadfire
Sat, 02-04-2006, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by: Mr Squiggles

Because your n00bmometer is going off the charts

One of my friends used to be one of them anti-anime/manga people who thought it was only for 7 year olds. Then I showed him the Hellsing manga. Now he knows better.

The Hellsing Manga has been known to do that. And with the new OVAs coming out focusing more on the story of the manga I will have a new favorite

nests
Sun, 02-05-2006, 02:04 AM
Believe or not last Saturday I visited my parents house and to my surpriced I caught my dad watching Naruto on cartoon net work when I asked him what he was watching he just awnser That naruto kid id fucking crazy

Carnage
Sun, 02-05-2006, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by: nests
Believe or not last Saturday I visited my parents house and to my surpriced I caught my dad watching Naruto on cartoon net work when I asked him what he was watching he just awnser That naruto kid id fucking crazy

HAHAHA! Lol, your dad is awsome.

Mizuchi
Sun, 02-05-2006, 03:28 AM
omg kids at school started wathing the american naruto. And they exploit the ninja so fuking bad... theres this one group of asshats who pretend they know everything about cartoons cuz they watch them on cartoon network, and they started doing at lunch, like all they do at lunch is hand signs and they scream out random jewtisOO. Thats right, not jutsu, but jewtisOO. Stupid american morons with IQs of below 60 cant pronounce crap, but i blame the translators for hiring crap voice actors. And did anyone here Lee's voice in the sasuke vs lee ep? WTF! he talks like a f**king robot. And in the DB version, lee is honored to fight sasuke. in american version, lee tells sasuke off big time. And gai sounds like a f**king d0uche. Neji doesnt sound deep enough, they all sound like 5th graders.

Kraco
Sun, 02-05-2006, 03:29 AM

HAHAHA! Lol, your dad is awsome.

Yes. Beyond awesome. My dad didn't want to watch even Cowboy Bebop more than 3 mins when I once took the DVDs with me to their house... So, small chances indeed he would watch something like Naruto. Although he did watch Ghibli's The Cat Returns. But that might be because my mother loved the movie.

el_boss
Sun, 02-05-2006, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by: Mizuchi
Neji doesnt sound deep enough, they all sound like 5th graders.
Well they are around 12 years old.

Sapphire
Sun, 02-05-2006, 09:19 AM
omg kids at school started wathing the american naruto. And they exploit the ninja so fuking bad... theres this one group of asshats who pretend they know everything about cartoons cuz they watch them on cartoon network, and they started doing at lunch, like all they do at lunch is hand signs and they scream out random jewtisOO. Thats right, not jutsu, but jewtisOO.

I seriously have never seen these people before...... lol

nests
Sun, 02-05-2006, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by: Kraco
Yes. Beyond awesome. My dad didn't want to watch even Cowboy Bebop more than 3 mins when I once took the DVDs with me to their house... So, small chances indeed he would watch something like Naruto. Although he did watch Ghibli's The Cat Returns. But that might be because my mother loved the movie.

Well my dad only got into anime recently more like when Spirited Away won the Oscar his one of those people who always has to watch every movie that was nominated for best movie. He only seems to like anime that are dramatic and he has only seen those that are on Adultswim his watched. Ghost in the Shell, Fullmetal Alchemist, Samurai Champloo, and Cowboy Bebop. but he hates Inu-yasha and Evangelion. Thats why I was surpriced that he was actually watching Naruto.

It happend again. yestarday I was waiting in line to renew my freaking passport when I saw some kids playing ninja one of the kids was even wearing a Konoha leave T-shit from HotTopics. I swear one of this days a kid is going to end up poking some other kids eye out with a freaking toy kunai.

Kraco
Sun, 02-05-2006, 11:06 AM
Somebody should teach those kids they need to cut their fingers enough to draw some blood - to get an appropriate summoning technique. A bloody scroll to carry always with them would also be hardcore.

Carnage
Sun, 02-05-2006, 11:23 AM

Originally posted by: Kraco

Well my dad only got into anime recently more like when Spirited Away won the Oscar his one of those people who always has to watch every movie that was nominated for best movie. He only seems to like anime that are dramatic and he has only seen those that are on Adultswim his watched. Ghost in the Shell, Fullmetal Alchemist, Samurai Champloo, and Cowboy Bebop. but he hates Inu-yasha and Evangelion. Thats why I was surpriced that he was actually watching Naruto.

It happend again. yestarday I was waiting in line to renew my freaking passport when I saw some kids playing ninja one of the kids was even wearing a Konoha leave T-shit from HotTopics. I swear one of this days a kid is going to end up poking some other kids eye out with a freaking toy kunai.

I can understand his hate for InuYasha ( I like the show though) because it has alot of pointless episodes. But you have to tell him that watching it in japenese is 50,000,000 times better.

Edit: I never see these kids that you guys are talking about. What states do you live in?

el_boss
Sun, 02-05-2006, 11:29 AM
Edit: I never see these kids that you guys are talking about. What states do you live in?
From what I have read they must live in a constant state of terror.i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

XanBcoo
Sun, 02-05-2006, 04:22 PM
Stupid american morons with IQs of below 60 cant pronounce crap, but i blame the translators for hiring crap voice actors. And did anyone here Lee's voice in the sasuke vs lee ep? WTF! he talks like a f**king robot. And in the DB version, lee is honored to fight sasuke. in american version, lee tells sasuke off big time. And gai sounds like a f**king d0uche. Neji doesnt sound deep enough, they all sound like 5th graders.
None of that shit has anything to do with pronounciation. The dub has actually pronounced everything about 90% correctly so far. So I don't know where these kids are getting "jewtisoo" from.

nests
Sun, 02-05-2006, 05:20 PM
I live in central California and he desnt hate Inuyasha because is in english (he saw it in spanish) he hates because he thinks is pointless. I in the other hand like it.

Carnage
Sun, 02-05-2006, 06:32 PM
Thats what I was saying. One valid reason to not like Inuyasha is because there isn't much point to it. About the whole english vs. jap. thing, I was talking in general.

lafnear
Mon, 02-06-2006, 11:15 AM
omg kids at school started wathing the american naruto. And they exploit the ninja so fuking bad... theres this one group of asshats who pretend they know everything about cartoons cuz they watch them on cartoon network, and they started doing at lunch, like all they do at lunch is hand signs and they scream out random jewtisOO. Thats right, not jutsu, but jewtisOO. Stupid american morons with IQs of below 60 cant pronounce crap, but i blame the translators for hiring crap voice actors. And did anyone here Lee's voice in the sasuke vs lee ep? WTF! he talks like a f**king robot. And in the DB version, lee is honored to fight sasuke. in american version, lee tells sasuke off big time. And gai sounds like a f**king d0uche. Neji doesnt sound deep enough, they all sound like 5th graders.

The DB version, right. Except that DB didn't start subbing until episode 105.

Dug88
Mon, 02-06-2006, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by: a_odessey
"where."
or is it just me.

Thats what's great about living in a small town where all the people here either do drugs, watch anime or both. So most people here who know about Naruto have been watching it since it began in Japan so I didn't even know that there was people like that.

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 02-06-2006, 12:54 PM
Ha you people think it's bad now just wait. Honestly I think that we've only seen the faintest outlines of american rabid naruto fandom. Just you wait, narutos quickly gaining more and more momentum. I expect things to start building up to a critical mass as they start to air the chuunin exam episodes on cartoon network. Which will climax by the end of this year with the war. Then were going to see this shit explode. If I remember correctly some company has obtained the rights to make naruto holloween costumes so come this october expect to see hundreds of plastic naruto's and sasuke's walking around.

Dammit I'm angry, I knew naruto was going to grow into a huge phenomena within the United States. Remember even proposing that we people of gotwoot pool our money to create a company to import naruto to the staes. You all laughed at me but look now were all going to be missing the naruto gravy train when it comes rolling into station.

Also on an interesting side note I've gotten my dad to sit through all of the naruto episodes (the real ones anyway I refuse to show him the fillers) as well as the entire series of fullmetal alchemist and he loved both of them.

Sapphire
Mon, 02-06-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet

Also on an interesting side note I've gotten my dad to sit through all of the naruto episodes (the real ones anyway I refuse to show him the fillers) as well as the entire series of fullmetal alchemist and he loved both of them.

How did you do this! Tell me your secret oh wise one... i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

redemption2
Mon, 02-06-2006, 04:12 PM
I'm the same way. I got my parents to watch all the Naruto episodes that were out during last Xmas break. They were hooked on it from the start. My dad was actually cheering Neji on during the Genius Goes Wild Special. My mom was actually begging for me to download the next ep so we could watch it.

That was their first exposure to Anime. Since then, they've watched Hunter x Hunter, GSD, Inuyasha, Samurai Champloo, and a few OVAs I've never even heard of, and loved each one.

And to show just HOW twisted they are... they're actually ENJOYING the fillers.

The Heretic Azazel
Mon, 02-06-2006, 04:59 PM
You need to show them Elfen Lied.

IFHTT
Mon, 02-06-2006, 05:33 PM
Jesus, you guys who have parents that love anime are lucky as shit. My dad thought I was gay when I told him about the anime I watch... My little cousin was like the "Narutards" mentioned until I made him watch up to ep.135 and now he goes to school acting like he is in on something noone else is lol.

Dug88
Mon, 02-06-2006, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by: IFingHateTonTon
Jesus, you guys who have parents that love anime are lucky as shit. My dad thought I was gay when I told him about the anime I watch... .
ROFL holy shit thats funny. My dad likes anime but doesn't really watch it unless a movie comes on t.v. or something.

nests
Mon, 02-06-2006, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by: The Heretic Azazel
You need to show them Elfen Lied.
Wow thats probably way too much you got to start them slowly and let them pick it up by themselves

Jesus, you guys who have parents that love anime are lucky as shit. My dad thought I was gay when I told him about the anime I watch...
Dude what anime was that

Originally posted by: Sapphire
How did you do this! Tell me your secret oh wise one...
Here is my suggestion.
Figure out what kind of movies they like from there just show them similar type anime and they are going to wanna keep watching. For example if they like Harry Potter then Naruto is perfect. Like with my Dad, who thinks he deserves his own tv show critizing movies. I showed him Grave of the Fireflies and the Rurouni Kenshin ovas wich are harcore drama anime. I also recomend Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien and Berserk. Elfen Lied is a little to harcore to be a starer

IFHTT
Mon, 02-06-2006, 06:01 PM
Well, there were several but the one I was telling him about when he started assuming it was tenchi muyo a while back. I can understand where he is coming from though, I mean being raised like he was, in his eyes "a 20 year old that watches cartoons religiously may be a bit weird" He doesn't like much of anything though. He doesn't think that so much now but at the time he was hellbent on making me do more "Manly" things. lol People react differently to things they don't understand...

nests
Mon, 02-06-2006, 07:33 PM
Sounds like and episode from The Simpsons LOL but yeah I guess it does sound weird watching cartoons if you're over 20 thats why people refer to it as Anime

Dug88
Mon, 02-06-2006, 07:59 PM
Either way though it's the same thing whether you use the euphemism anime or not its still the same thing watching cartoonsi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Mr Squiggles
Mon, 02-06-2006, 08:17 PM
No, It's not the same because although all anime are cartoons not all cartoons are anime. If you just say "I'm watching cartoons" you lose some precision.

At least, that's my excuse i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Dug88
Mon, 02-06-2006, 08:24 PM
Ya but anime is like a genre of cartoons its still a cartoon its just better i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Carnage
Mon, 02-06-2006, 08:28 PM
Anime is not cartoons. Cartoons is something you laugh at and watch just to kill time. Anime is beauty and art. Anime kicks the shit out of cartoons. Anime is not = to cartoons. Anime > Cartoons

aznimperialx
Mon, 02-06-2006, 08:33 PM
Its basically the same...

cartoons is what they call it here
anime is what they call it in japan

they are both thier own animation so chill.

Deadfire
Mon, 02-06-2006, 09:14 PM
Anime = Anime is a style of animation originating in Japan. Anime is characterized by character and background styles which may be created by hand or may be assisted by computers. Storylines may feature a variety of characters and may be set in different locations and in different eras. Anime is aimed at a broad range of audiences because there are a wide range of different genres that any series may be categorised under. Anime may be broadcast on television, distributed on media, such as DVDs, or published as console and computer games. Anime is often influenced by Japanese comics known as manga. Anime may also be adapted into live action television programs.

Cartoons= Cartoons are simply moving comics, because of the stylistic similarities between comic strips and early animated movies, "cartoon" came to refer to animation, and this is the sense in which "cartoon" is most commonly used today. These are usually shown on television or in cinemas and are created by showing illustrated images in rapid succession to give the impression of movement. In this meaning, the word cartoon is sometimes shortened to toon (which may be a corruption of "Looney Tunes" and was popularized by the movie Who Framed Roger Rabbit). Although the term can be applied to any animated presentation, it is most often used in reference to programs for children, featuring anthropomorphized animals, superheroes, the adventures of child protagonists, and other related genres. Animated material which does not fit the traditional conventions of Western animation, such as Japanese anime can also be called cartoons.

Assassin
Mon, 02-06-2006, 11:49 PM
fuck guys, get over it

DarthEnderX
Tue, 02-07-2006, 01:29 AM
Seriously man, I don't even LIKE anime.

Terracosmo
Tue, 02-07-2006, 08:53 AM
I'm glad my parents don't like anime, fuckers would keep taking my PC from me.

masamuneehs
Tue, 02-07-2006, 09:22 AM
this link is most neccessary in this thread following the recent bickering

I am Otaku! Hear me roar! (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=11&threadid=17407&enterthrea d=y)

IFHTT
Tue, 02-07-2006, 01:30 PM
lol I guess I should have specified further. I call it anime, but I just said cartoons because thats what my dad sees it as.

I agree though with the difference in Cartoons and Anime. A cartoon is usually an animated short that has no further plot outside the length of the short itself. Anime though contains a plot and a story that stretches over the entire series. You don't connect to the characters on the same level in cartoons as in anime.

a_odessey
Tue, 02-07-2006, 08:19 PM
Thats just the thing Assertn, the brats are so full of themselves that they wont admit you know more than them.

exactly.

having fat 4th graders saying they know everything about naruto because they watched as many videos on google as they could get they snot-ridden fingers on is definetely on my top ten annoyances list.

XanBcoo
Tue, 02-07-2006, 08:50 PM
I agree though with the difference in Cartoons and Anime. A cartoon is usually an animated short that has no further plot outside the length of the short itself. Anime though contains a plot and a story that stretches over the entire series. You don't connect to the characters on the same level in cartoons as in anime.
While I agree that is a good definition to some degree, I could list many anime series that are episodic, and probably even more American cartoons that have overarching storylines.

Zinobi
Fri, 02-10-2006, 04:45 AM
I think I would have to kick the kid's face in if he thought he knew more about Naruto than I did, if that kid only watched the CN version. But....on the other hand I would have that kid worship me, if he thought that i was God among Naruto watchers, basically I'd have him go to the store and buy me food, drinks, and whatever I want from computers to shoes.

edit: I'd also make money on betting little kids that I'm right on the Naruto predictions.

Kensee
Fri, 02-10-2006, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs
this link is most neccessary in this thread following the recent bickering

I am Otaku! Hear me roar! (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=11&threadid=17407&enterthrea d=y)

Tell me why did that link lead to another link which lead to another link >< "da hell is this ish?" I thought I was going to something intersting but nope, click this link, now this one, now this one, wait one more .. there we go .. guy who wants to be japanese despite being proud for what he is (no matter what that be).

Sorry I thought that was funny for some reason that I had to click through so many links haha.

Anyhow well I been reading what you guys saying, and yeah kids will be kids. You could know more about a show than a small little kid, but then arguing with them just makes you a little kid yourself (no offence to the lil kids out there, rock on and buy all the stuffs that we older kids will one day make and help us pay for our kids tuitions).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
edit: (just added this part)

Originally posted by: Terracosmo

I know how you feel when paretns highjack the computer ... >< a small piece of me dies each time
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyhow I found it funny that when you guys were talking about parents watching anime/caroons n such ... I went to grab dinner and I saw my dad eatting dinner and watching tv (useully sports center or some dvd), but what amazed me this time was ....

he was watching Street Fighter V hahah, hella just threw me off. Then I came in and asked what was going on .. and he just shurgged and watched it for a few minutes. Then he changed the channel cause something on telemundo was on.

For that brief second ... we agreed how crappy that episode was.

God bless father and son momments.

Sapphire
Fri, 02-10-2006, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo

Sometimes I'm glad my parents don't watch anime either. One day my dad came in the living room and we watched the episode in which Naruto stuggles to take the exam with Ibiki, and my dad 'kept laughing, going "AHAHAHHA THAT'S FUNNY!" ans asking questions and crap, eventually making me frustrated enough to ask him to go away. (Of course he didn't do this)

WarkWark
Fri, 02-10-2006, 01:34 PM
I tried to get my dad to watch an episode of Hellsing or Trigun with me but it wouldn't happen. So I just constantly berate him when he watches some horrible show like Charmed or something.

As for kids dressing up as Naruto, I have my plan. I am going to dress up as Orichimaru and bring all of them to my prison, then have them fight to the death.

Whenever I see kids on the street playing with paper kunai, I am going to offer them the use of my steel collection which are much more accurate.

If I hear kids walking in front of me talking about CarNetRuto, I am going to walk behind them and whisper about having the hookup on spoilers, before opening my trenchcoat and having DVD's attached to the inside like a crack dealer.

The key to getting people who think watching anime is like watching a cartoon to watch anime, is marijuana. My friends happen to smoke, and you can be sure they are watching some of the anime I lend them while doing it.

Zinobi
Sun, 02-12-2006, 06:12 AM
WarkWark, I should worship you or something.
I'm so glad that I have other people in my family that watch anime. Cuz if not i would get shit everyday from my dad, mom, bro, uncle, aunt, cousin, etc.
But anyway today I saw a person that reminded me of Shino and a kid at the skatepark talking about how much he loves Naruto. I asked him, "Do you know the story behind Naruto?", he answered, "Of course, Toonami is the only place to watch anime and get it. Unlike [Adult Swim] where the anime is too complicated to get, like Fullmetal Alchemist." I laughed at him and walked away. I'm paciently awaiting the day he wears a headband there and gets his head smashed in.

Kraco
Sun, 02-12-2006, 07:18 AM
If somebody asked me if I knew the story behind Naruto, I would have to answer no. It sounds like the initial plans Kishimoto had in mind when he began to design the Naruto manga years ago. Is it explained in an art book by Kishimoto, or something? Where did you learn it from?

Sapphire
Sun, 02-12-2006, 10:53 AM
Wikipedia is a good source... I've seen manga with detailed information of the characters at the front or back of the book too. Or you could just pay attention. My friend says informations can also be found through book signings and such.

nests
Mon, 02-13-2006, 01:59 AM
Check out the new Mattel Naruto action figures
click here (http://photos.figures.com/photo/1/showgallery.php?cat=3506)

ST_11
Thu, 02-23-2006, 04:47 PM

Mine too he watches it with me sometimes. Of course now that I am watching the japanese version at my comp he doesn't watch them, but he says the anime is weirdily fun....

Assertn
Sun, 02-26-2006, 06:11 AM
Check out the new Mattel Naruto action figures
click here (http://photos.figures.com/photo/1/showgallery.php?cat=3506)

http://photos.figures.com/photo/1/data/3506/NYC_0558.JPG
I think this says it all.

XanBcoo
Sun, 02-26-2006, 06:21 AM
These chakra-gloves look like they could be kinda lame/cool.

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/1272/nyc05183xh.jpg

master_me
Mon, 02-27-2006, 06:58 AM
I was considering buying a set of those... still might.

Nearly everyone I know in my school hates anime, to the extent where they'll run to the other corner of the room of the idea of "Japanese Cartoons" gets brought up. Egotistical maniacs --;;
Still, I've yet to meet any Narutards, except the ten to twenty you now expect to find on each forum. Though, I can't say I've met any who like Gaara more than Sasuke. I mean, look at him - Gaara's a fashion statement in himself.