PDA

View Full Version : One Piece 174

Jadugar
Fri, 02-03-2006, 08:28 PM
One Piece 174 by K-F (http://mitaymaxsh.mgmservers.net/.k-f/[K-F]_One_Piece_174_[217A5BDD].mp4.torrent)

You want me to slap you again. Yes, its One Piece 174.

xDarkMaster
Fri, 02-03-2006, 09:22 PM
I have a question but I didn't think it was necessary so I'll just post it in here. Does anyone know which episode is the first one after the arc where the reindeer joins the crew?

Deblas
Fri, 02-03-2006, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by: xDarkMaster
I have a question but I didn't think it was necessary so I'll just post it in here. Does anyone know which episode is the first one after the arc where the reindeer joins the crew?

That's Chopper. And it's ep. 92.

And, fuck yeah! 174 already!

Assertn
Sat, 02-04-2006, 01:23 AM
finally got to see a real fight with nico robin involved.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 02-04-2006, 02:27 AM
Hells yeah! Robin finally kicks someone ass!

I'm not sure I'm totally following the whole poneglyph thing yet...

Munsu
Sat, 02-04-2006, 02:42 AM
Even in the manga we've barely started to understand the whole deal behind them, so don't worry about it so much at the moment...

Carnage
Sat, 02-04-2006, 02:00 PM
Wow, KF has suddenly become very fast. Wonder what happened.

tensai
Sat, 02-04-2006, 03:39 PM
new years resolutoin to become a really fast subber? JK

This ep was cool, the southbird following zoro, but still points south, you can tell that zoro is now headed in the wrong direction, again

Jadugar
Sat, 02-04-2006, 05:19 PM
Wanst this the first ever proper Robin fight?

All those hands no wonder one piece henatai is so popular.

Did Luffy say gold tastes good in a stew? Is thats where his future gold going to end up when he finally becomes the Pirate King. Big cuisines with gold in it.

Where is Chopper?

Deblas
Sat, 02-04-2006, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by: Jadugar
Did Luffy say gold tastes good in a stew? Is there where his future gold going to end up when he finally becomes the Pirate King.

Not really. He said that he heard in a bar that gold taste good in stew. Though in the manga instead of a gold stew. He heard that gold boiled veggies was a world class cuisine.

xDarkMaster
Sun, 02-05-2006, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the help Deblas

Raven
Sun, 02-05-2006, 09:35 PM
Awesome episode... I loved Robin's fight, no mercy is the way to go. What a way to die, ouch.

I love how she's so passionate about history. Someone asked a while back what Robin's dream was, seeing all the crew members had a dream of some kind. I guess Robin's is to find the Poneglyph or whatever it's called. I expect we'll be seeing some of her backstory pretty soon.

"And your walking is screwed up. Which way's your neck turned?" haha that line cracked me up.

Munsu
Mon, 02-06-2006, 06:27 AM
Best part was at the end of the fight when Robin trashed the guy and went "CLUTCH!"..."What a cruel thing you've done".

Knives122
Mon, 02-06-2006, 09:18 PM
yeah the "CLUTCH" move broke his back and he got a nice fall down the cliff, although I personally the move sounded like "CRUSH" but that wouldn't make sense with the situation and move

Munsu
Tue, 02-07-2006, 06:41 PM
v2 as expected...

Torrent (http://tracker.kaizoku-fansubs.com/torrents/[K-F]_One_Piece_174_[AD99F39F].mp4.torrent)

darkmetal505
Tue, 02-07-2006, 08:21 PM
man Shandra is pretty huge. Is it hidden under the ground of Skypeia? I didnt really get that part.

Augury
Wed, 02-08-2006, 05:30 AM
When Shandra was pushed into the sky by the knock-up stream not all of it made it above the cloud's top, so Robin has been able to discover the center of the city beneath (inside? )the cloud. Robin pretty much figured out what the city's layout used to be by reading those ruins and then saw that she was only looking at the top pieces of the city structure.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 02-08-2006, 10:12 AM
Is it just me or does KF kinda oversell this episode a bit on their home page. I mean, sure it was a good episode, but they describe it like it's one of the defining moments of OP or something.

Deblas
Wed, 02-08-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder
Is it just me or does KF kinda oversell this episode a bit on their home page. I mean, sure it was a good episode, but they describe it like it's one of the defining moments of OP or something.

It's the part where Robin uncovers the past of the ruins. We all know One Piece is not your typical shonen series. This is just one of those episodes where the story of One Piece really shines and makes you realize what a genius mangaka Oda truly is.

Assertn
Wed, 02-08-2006, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by: Augury
When Shandra was pushed into the sky by the knock-up stream not all of it made it above the cloud's top, so Robin has been able to discover the center of the city beneath (inside? )the cloud. Robin pretty much figured out what the city's layout used to be by reading those ruins and then saw that she was only looking at the top pieces of the city structure.

Here's the inconistency, however...
Unless the city was built in a hardcore-defined valley or something, then most of the city being below the cloud surface would imply that most of the island surface would be below the cloud surface as well, however that doesn't seem to be the case.

anphorus
Wed, 02-08-2006, 02:44 PM
I assumed it was just that the island was broken when being shot up into the knock-up stream, with the piece which had Shandra on it sinking to a lower level.

poopdeville
Thu, 02-09-2006, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder

It was a really really good episode. The Skypeia arc had been kind of boring up to now, but now there's some mystery and adventure in addition to the fighting. It might not be a defining moment of OP, but it might just be a defining moment for the arc.

Augury
Thu, 02-09-2006, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
Here's the inconistency, however...
Unless the city was built in a hardcore-defined valley or something, then most of the city being below the cloud surface would imply that most of the island surface would be below the cloud surface as well, however that doesn't seem to be the case.

It does seem inconsistent, but there could be explanations. For example, perhaps the island isn't completely level or that it was pushed up to varying elevations like anphorus speculates. Or, since the growth of Jaya after being boosted into the sky is highly unnatural - the animals and trees are huge - the surroundings could've have "grown up" beyond where the city lay. The city, which is made of nonliving material, seems to have retained its original size.

All in all I don't think it is important to logically place the details. The episode shows Robin digging downward into cloud so that means that the city is simply there beneath the clouds at that spot. It seems to have been done it this way to present a hidden, glorified city for Robin to discover to lend more significance to the natives' struggle.

dragonrage
Sat, 02-11-2006, 07:04 PM
174 atlast the long