PDA

View Full Version : Oscars 2006

Honoko
Fri, 02-03-2006, 12:12 PM
Hey, just thought it'd be nice to open up something in here on the Oscars. Despite my distaste, it is something I do follow marginally. I have a poll just for Best Picture for now. Predict what movie you THINK is gonna win. Let us know why, and then vote your personal preference.

Me, I think Brokeback will win Best Pic just purely b/c of subject matter (Academy is political like that =P) but I'll be rooting for Crash which was an awesome, well edited piece of work that had a great handle on the subject.

Psyke
Sat, 02-04-2006, 09:57 AM
Not being much of a artistic person in terms of filming/movies, I'll be the first to admit that I've not seen a single one of the nominated films i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

The Heretic Azazel
Sat, 02-04-2006, 11:32 AM
I must confess I've only seen Bareback Mountain 37 times.

I WISH I COULD QUIT YOUUUUU!!

ChiaCheese
Sun, 02-05-2006, 05:57 AM
kind of interesting how all the best picture nominees are all "smaller" films. no Gladiators or Lord of the Rings this year. Not exactly sure what that means but it's interesting. on a side note, my personal pics for 2005 would be Serenity, King Kong and Wallace & Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit (which comes out on dvd tuesday btw, buy it).

Honoko
Fri, 02-10-2006, 12:43 AM
i just finished watching the firefly series.... serenity will be seen next week. I'm now totally convinced: Joss Whedon can do no creative wrong. And I don't doubt for a moment that Serenity should've garnered some nominations here and there-- if only old cronies would accept the idea that good sci-fi deserves artistic merit =P

ChiaCheese
Fri, 02-10-2006, 04:07 AM
I just got this in the mail 2 days ago and have watched it about 4 times already. Whedon speaks (http://creativescreenwriting.com/whedon.htm) .
It's nothing really new but It's very inspirational hearing him talk about his craft.

Honoko
Fri, 02-10-2006, 10:32 AM
haha, it took me less than 5 minutes to convince myself to go ahead and buy it i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif thanks!

ChaosK
Fri, 02-10-2006, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by: Psyke
Not being much of a artistic person in terms of filming/movies, I'll be the first to admit that I've not seen a single one of the nominated films

same, i'm not sure if i should just vote for whatever movie title sounds cooler...

nests
Sat, 02-11-2006, 02:36 AM
I have seem them all exept for Brokeback Mountain. Is not that I have anthing against a gay cowboy love story its just that If I can avoid watching dudes making out I will.
Oh yah I voted for Munich. I just love Steven Spilberg movies