PDA

View Full Version : Manga: Blade of the Immortal

el_boss
Wed, 02-01-2006, 05:16 PM
Started up this thread again for all the three of us who read this manga.

Also because I had some questions. Where do you guys download your boti? And aren't there any group that fan-translates boti?

From Manga-Sketchbook:
"To end his eternal suffering, he must slay one thousand enemies!" Manji, a ronin warrior of feudal Japan, has been cursed with immortality. To rid himself of this curse and end his life of misery, he must slay one thousand evil men! His quest begins when a young girl seeks his help in taking revenge on her parents' killers . . . and his quest won't end until the blood of a thousand has spilled!

HIROAKI SAMURA'S samurai manga Blade of the Immortal, a blood-soaked tale of the masterless samurai Manji's struggle with the blessing and curse of being immortal, is one the best translated manga available. Samura's stunning art and captivating story is nothing short of wizardry. Like no other action-oriented story, Samura blends in Blade the gore of ultra-violence with light slapstick comedy, gallows humor and deep emotional personal drama. His characters are diverse and three-dimensional, from the nihilistic and cynical Manji, to the orphaned Rin, to the hate-filled killers of the Itto-ryu sword school.

Munsu
Wed, 02-01-2006, 05:22 PM
Manga-Sketchbook scans them... but they release very slowly...

Up-to-date releases are done by random scanners that released them under DCP or some shit like that, hard to tell when they even release it...

Best way would be to keep on checking on #lurk 's bot site and see if they've acquired any new release...

I can also upload new chapters whenever I find them...

Right now I have up to chapter 109 or so... Let me know if you need help getting any chapter and i'll upload it to yousendit or something...

Edit: And man, change that shitty Topic Summary...

nests
Wed, 02-01-2006, 05:39 PM
This is one of the few mangas that I actually buy. even though is freaking expensive but I live the art I just wish they made it in the traditional read right to left manga way

el_boss
Wed, 02-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Thanks, man. I just found 109, they sure are slow. Does dark horse like release only one chapter per month? And from what you said I persume no one is fan-translating this.

I put that summary so I wouldn't get any shit for doing a dual thread or something, but It might be uneccessary.

Munsu
Wed, 02-01-2006, 05:47 PM
The one that got deleted was already a "dual thread" as you call it...

And the one other thread that exists at the moment sucks anyways, since it's not really a discussion thread...

Hakeem_21
Wed, 02-01-2006, 07:27 PM
What happened to that thread,i liked it cause BOTI rocks.

el_boss
Wed, 02-01-2006, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by: Hakeem_21
What happened to that thread,i liked it cause BOTI rocks.
It's result of a little misshap.
http://forums.gotwoot.net/mess...7358&enterthread=y (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=62&threadid=17358&enterthrea d=y)

Hakeem_21
Wed, 02-01-2006, 08:51 PM
Man thats a shame but hopefully this one will be more popular.

Anyone read 109? It was awesome. Poor the doc for what Manji will do to him i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

el_boss
Fri, 02-03-2006, 11:27 AM
The hand fusing with Manji's body was pretty disgusting. I'm liking where this is going, looking forward to Manji cutting up those god damn doctors.

Munsu
Fri, 02-03-2006, 11:31 AM
Caught up to 109 now... Been a while since I read chapters 103 or so...

Pretty good stuff... I like the two people who are staying with Rin, especially the pyscho woman...

The operation on Manji was pretty sweat, but it looks like the new doctor practicing with the sword is gonna get cut up good soon... Sadly the pig with Manji will die...

el_boss
Fri, 02-03-2006, 11:50 AM
What did Burando ask Habaki? I got the impression that Burando wanted to go on a rampage and start slaughtering random people. Perhaps he will fuse their limbs with Manji or something.

Hakeem_21
Fri, 02-03-2006, 07:26 PM
Yeah something like that but Manji will slice him up before that.

Bud: Yeah specially Gichi he is awesome. The only guy in this manga that i really felt was almost as cool as Manji.

Munsu
Fri, 07-21-2006, 12:20 AM
Now I've caught up to chapter 114... I'd say these last couple of chapters have been fairly boring.

Hakeem_21
Fri, 07-21-2006, 09:03 AM
Bud do you know if there is torrent link somewher for chapter 110+?

I havent read BOTI in awhile and cant find the torrent in baka or anywhere else i know.

Munsu
Fri, 07-21-2006, 09:31 AM
No torrent, you have to get them off the bots in #lurk

Munsu
Thu, 08-31-2006, 05:50 AM
Just read up to chapter 116:

This is part 5 of 6 of this arc, so hopefully chapter 117 will finish with this shitty anatomy arc. Didn't care much for these chapters, but at least 116 brought back the awesome Hyakurin and seems like Giichi is coming back soon.

rockmanj
Fri, 09-01-2006, 04:32 AM
i forgot where to get it from...where's a good site to read it??

Munsu
Fri, 09-01-2006, 04:48 AM
At the moment the best way is to get it off the bots of #lurk @ irc.irchighway.net

http://gotlurk.net

If needed, I'll upload the new chapters to mangatraders.com in a couple of days.

rockmanj
Fri, 09-01-2006, 09:40 AM
good looking out, thanks

Munsu
Tue, 03-20-2007, 08:53 PM
Well chapter 123 is out....

We are still doing experiments with Manji, but things should be starting to move now. Rin in closing in on Manji's location. Also, I really like Dôa, I hope she stays with Rin and the others for the rest of the manga, she's a cool character.

Anyone still reading?

Munsu
Sun, 09-09-2007, 04:37 AM
Just caught up to chapter 128:

Man Dôa is awesome as always, and we're finally getting somewhere. Dôa and Rin are making their way towards Maji, hopefully they'll reach him within the next two chapters.

Munsu
Thu, 11-29-2007, 02:45 PM
Well, for those of you that still read this, it seems that chapter 131 was the last one Dark Horse will release monthly, it seems that from here on out they'll only release in volumes.

Munsu
Wed, 12-24-2008, 06:58 PM
So, none of you still reading this series? As I mentioned over a year ago, Dark Horse had stopped releasing the chapter versions of this series. I just found out that a scanlation group is continuing the series, but they're doing it with the Japanese version. But it's a bit tricky since DH had changed the numbering of the chapters.

So, if you had read up to chapter 131 of the Dark Horse releases, the next chapter you should read is chapter 119 in the Japanese version, and they're released by a group called Delinquent-Manga:
http://delinquent-manga.nyaatorrents.org/

They've released up to chapter 133 from the Japanese version... that's 15 chapters since the last Dark Horse release (chapter 131/118 respectively).

rockmanj
Wed, 12-24-2008, 10:28 PM
I still read it, but it gets confusing trying to figure out how, where, and what chapter to read. I guess I'll start from the beginning. The last thing I remember was Rin and that chick with the hat infiltrating some tunnel.

Carnage
Wed, 12-24-2008, 10:48 PM
I'm still following it. Yeah I had a lot of trouble figuring out chapters 119 and 130.

Munsu
Wed, 12-24-2008, 10:49 PM
If I were you, this is what I would do... read from chapter 125-131 or something like that from the Dark Horse releases. You'll usually see them around with the -DCP tags in the filenames. After you're done with those, download from chapter 119+ from the link I gave above... Delinquent-Manga. I think that pretty much should cover it. At least chapter 131 of the DH releases ends with Doa and Rin in a tunnel, so you can't be that far off... heck, you might have finished all of the DH releases and you simply need to download the ones from Deliquent Manga and be on with it (119+ from their version).

Still not clear?

Kraco
Sun, 01-04-2009, 06:37 AM
I'm liking the manga a lot. Rather than figuring out the correct Japanese numbered release continuing the story, the difficulty was in figuring out how to rename the files for your own archive so that it would make any sense...

It's kind of funny how much troubles they are having getting out of the dungeon. When they finally get rid of one enemy or obstacle, two new ones appear to take its place. And now Manji even lost his bloody hand. I guess he needs to take a new one from some unlucky bastard.

Munsu
Tue, 04-28-2009, 02:48 PM
Here's chapter 134, from the Japanese version (the next one since my last update):
http://ddl.nyaatorrents.org/%5BD-M%5DBlade_of_the_Immortal_v20_c134.zip

Finally, the conclusion to what had to be the longest and most boring arc of the series. At the end, that Monk, is he someone we should know or recognize? I don't remember seeing him.