PDA

View Full Version : TV: LOST

Pages : [1] 2

Jadugar
Tue, 01-31-2006, 11:14 PM
From J.J. Abrams, the creator of Alias, and Damon Lindelof (Crossing Jordan) comes an action-packed adventure that will bring out the very best and the very worst in the people who are lost.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Season 1 - Episode Guide
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Episode 1: Pilot: Part 1
Episode 2: Pilot: Part 2
Episode 3: Tabula Rasa
Episode 4: Walkabout
Episode 5: White Rabbit
Episode 6: House of the Rising Sun
Episode 7: The Moth
Episode 8: Confidence Man
Episode 9: Solitary
Episode 10: Raised by Another
Episode 11: All the Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues
Episode 12: Whatever the Case May Be
Episode 13: Hearts and Minds
Episode 14: Special
Episode 15: Homecoming
Episode 16: Outlaws
Episode 17: ... in Translation
Episode 18: Numbers
Episode 19: Deus Ex Machina
Episode 20: Do No Harm
Episode 21: The Greater Good
Episode 22: Born to Run
Episode 23: Exodus: Part 1
Episode 24: Exodus: Part 2

Season 2 - Episode Guide

Episode 1: Man of Science, Man of Faith
Episode 2: Adrift
Episode 3: Orientation
Episode 4: Everybody Hates Hugo
Episode 5: ...And Found
Episode 6: Abandoned
Episode 7: The Other 48 Days
Episode 8: Collision
Episode 9: What Kate Did
Episode 10: The 23rd Psalm
Episode 11: The Hunting Party
Episode 12: Fire + Water

Munsu
Wed, 02-01-2006, 06:05 AM
What the fuck happened to the last thread about Lost?

Psyke
Wed, 02-01-2006, 07:33 AM
You can find the answer here (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=11&threadid=17357&enterthrea d=y).

Anyway can anybody provide me with the link to download the season 2 episodes? I wanted to wait for the season to end so I can watch it at one go, but I've been hearing about it and need to take a look i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Jadugar
Wed, 02-01-2006, 10:41 AM
A wise decision Psyke

http://www.mininova.org/search/?search=lost+s02

Psyke
Wed, 02-01-2006, 10:48 AM
Thanks Jadugar i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Knives122
Wed, 02-01-2006, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
What the fuck happened to the last thread about Lost?

I think it was created by mut -_-

Xollence
Wed, 02-01-2006, 12:22 PM
Yes it was.

I'm glad I didn't watch Lost on TV. Hopefully I'll have season 2 downloaded by tonight.

Jadugar
Wed, 02-01-2006, 10:53 PM
I have just finished "Episode 11: The Hunting Party".

I didnt catch what Jack said to Ana Lucia right at the end. Does someone know?

Munsu
Thu, 02-02-2006, 08:07 AM
Was there a new episode yesterday, anyone knows?

He asked, "How long do you think it will take to train an army?"

Knives122
Thu, 02-02-2006, 12:42 PM
New ep is next week, this week was when Hurley found out the numbers were cursed(he went searching for the french woman)

Jadugar
Thu, 02-02-2006, 04:07 PM
Thanx Bud.

The next <u>Episode 13 (Season 2) : The Long Con</u> airs 02/08/2006.

Xollence
Mon, 02-06-2006, 11:35 AM
Well I'm all caught up now. Can't wait for wednesday's episode. Maybe we should have 2 separate threads for each season so that we don't spoiler it for the people that are still on the first?

Munsu
Mon, 02-06-2006, 01:04 PM
Na' that's fine...

People that are still on the first just need to marathon the series...

Munsu
Wed, 02-08-2006, 10:03 PM
Freaking awesome, today's episode was just great...

I don't know who told me that season 2 wasn't as good as season 1, but the last couple of episodes have been simply amazing...

Sawyer kicks ass, and it looks like the next episode will be great also...The clock is ticking down, "3,2,1,0!!"

Knives122
Wed, 02-08-2006, 10:05 PM
Sawyer and Charlie are the greatest people ever, it's like Gambit and Wolverine.

and finally that stupid ticker is going down.

Munsu
Wed, 02-08-2006, 10:42 PM
What the fuck are you smoking... Charlie is a duchebag...

Xollence
Thu, 02-09-2006, 01:05 AM
Ahhh now I remember where Sun is from, she's also in the movie Shiri, she plays a North Korean spy. Anyways this episode was okay. And yeah I agree Charlie needs to die already.

TwisT
Sat, 02-11-2006, 02:17 PM
Yeah i hope they all find out that it was Charlie that helped Sawyer out with the guns and that Locke kicks his ass again. Even better they gang up on him and beat's him to a bloody pulp.

Munsu
Wed, 02-15-2006, 09:48 PM
Man, Sawyer was awesome just now in this episode... Killing the frog and handing it to the fat dude...

Raven
Thu, 02-16-2006, 02:29 AM
Sawyer = most badass character ever.

Munsu
Thu, 02-16-2006, 09:10 AM
This episode wasn't that good... it was a pure sausage fest...

Strider
Thu, 02-16-2006, 11:49 AM
Granted, I missed the visual entertainment of Kate (although, her appeal is deteriorating due to the possibility of her having Charlie's baby, in real life), this episode was great. Sayid and Eko, although only former was highlighted last night, kick too much ass to not be appreciated when they're given some of the limelight.

Jack's self-righteousness is beginning to get on my nerves. Sawyer is great. Charlie needs to hurry up and be fucking killed already. While Jack pounding life into him in Season 1 was indefinitely one of the most intense television moments, his character is inconsequential and unnecessary at best.

I'm glad another thread was created. With my lack of anime watching, I haven't had much reason to post. This'll change that, as this show is phenomenal. Good job on that one, Jad'.

Back to the show, I will have to download last night's episode. I believe the images that were scrolling on the timer as it reached zero have some significance. I recognized a bird, something of a slanted letter "Y" and something of a flame as it is projected from a bunsen burner. Possibly some form of hieroglyphs, like the Dharma (sp?) symbol. This show is simply too intriguing for everyone to not be watching ..

Xollence
Tue, 02-28-2006, 03:26 PM
Was there a new episode last week? I can't find it on BT.

Jadugar
Tue, 02-28-2006, 08:44 PM
There wasnt any episode last week.

The latest is "Maternity Leave" ( ep 15 2nd Season).

Raven
Tue, 02-28-2006, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by: Strider
I believe the images that were scrolling on the timer as it reached zero have some significance. I recognized a bird, something of a slanted letter "Y" and something of a flame as it is projected from a bunsen burner. Possibly some form of hieroglyphs, like the Dharma (sp?) symbol.
Someone translated it. It apparently means "Cause for death" or something to that effect.

Jadugar
Wed, 03-01-2006, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn
Someone translated it. It apparently means "Cause for death" or something to that effect.

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/456/timer3gv.jpg

Munsu
Wed, 03-01-2006, 03:51 PM

Originally posted by: Strider
I believe the images that were scrolling on the timer as it reached zero have some significance. I recognized a bird, something of a slanted letter "Y" and something of a flame as it is projected from a bunsen burner. Possibly some form of hieroglyphs, like the Dharma (sp?) symbol.

I'm willing to bet that whomever "translated" it made the shit up.

Raven
Wed, 03-01-2006, 06:44 PM
Well, they backed it up with evidence through links and pictures, so it seemed pretty real.

I'll try to find the link, but I think it was a forum where you need to register to view.

Knives122
Wed, 03-01-2006, 06:51 PM
when that first appeared a guy(from the force.net) posted a pic that had the first hieroglyph on it:

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/5872/glyphs1yk.jpg

and this is what the entire thing is suppose to say:

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/2313/hieroglyphs7390408ic.jpg

Munsu
Thu, 03-02-2006, 04:44 AM
Yesterday's episode blew ass... Someone needs to slap the shit out of Clair, man did she sucked in today's episode.

Eko at the end of the episode made the episode all better though.

Jadugar
Thu, 03-02-2006, 06:42 PM
Eko is a cool character.

Locke is pissed. I fear for Jack's life.

Who is running all the shots? More questions?

I think Locke might not press the button agian just to see what does the timer do or might reveal?

Raven
Thu, 03-02-2006, 08:56 PM
"Henry Gale" as he is known is obviously trying to play them against each other seeing his lies aren't working. But yeah, a standoff between Jack and Locke has been a long time coming.

Xollence
Thu, 03-02-2006, 09:36 PM
Whatever happened to Michael? He's been gone for a while now. And that guy from season 1 that wore glasses who was always worried.

Munsu
Thu, 03-02-2006, 10:19 PM
Michael got caught by the Others...

And the guy who wore glasses from season 1, wasn't he the proffesor that blew up with the dimamites?

Sapphire
Fri, 03-03-2006, 08:28 AM
Well, they backed it up with evidence through links and pictures, so it seemed pretty real.

I'll try to find the link, but I think it was a forum where you need to register to view.

http://www.thetailsection.com

Xollence
Fri, 03-03-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
Michael got caught by the Others...

And the guy who wore glasses from season 1, wasn't he the proffesor that blew up with the dimamites?

No he was a different guy. He was a lot thinner than the professor. And the others told Jack that Michael was after them but that he would never be able to find them, so I don't know. Oh and what was that guy's name that was originally in the hatch?

Munsu
Wed, 03-22-2006, 09:01 PM
LOST returns, now!

So don't miss it.

Knives122
Wed, 03-22-2006, 10:02 PM
they could've gotten that damn balloon from anywhere in that preview

Munsu
Wed, 03-22-2006, 10:07 PM
This was a pretty good episode in my opinion. I wonder what Sun did that last day in the hotel. Even if she cheated on Jin, it's been way too long for any syntoms of pregnancy to start showing up now as a result of that encounter. So, her pregnancy really had to been the result of something recent. Though my notion of time is a bit skewed at the moment, how many days have they been on the island?

Anyways, the previews for next week's episode looked kickass, something big is about to go down. I loved how this week's episode ended, "Got milk?"

Jadugar
Thu, 03-23-2006, 08:30 PM
Nice episode.

When sun was telling Jin that she is pregnant and stopped, I thought oh no she was screwing that baldie. I felt so bad for Jin. I am glad that it wasn’t true but I am not certain. I don’t know when the last time they did their business was but they have been on the island like two months (60 days). All I can remember an episode title 7, “the other 48 days.”

Is the new guy telling the truth? He is too crafty. All the people on this plane have very shady pasts. Yes, the episode ended very nicely. The wait for this episode was too long.

@ Bud : Thanx for changing the title of the thread. I couldn’t do it for some reason.

Raven
Thu, 03-23-2006, 09:57 PM
Jad - in one of the recent eps, can't remember which exactly, Jin walked out of their tent half naked and smiling. It was then.

By the way, can anyone tell me what happened in the preview of next ep? I never saw it.

Munsu
Fri, 03-24-2006, 04:21 AM
From what I remember all hell breaks lose inside the hatch, the protective doors start closing, and it seems like Locke is locked inside... And the air balloon search party seem to get into a bit of trouble if not mistaken.

Xollence
Tue, 03-28-2006, 02:23 PM
Yeah this episode was awesome. I didn't see the preview for the next episode but I have a feeling that the search party's gonna find the balloon.

And yeah I don't think Sun had an affair with that bald guy, too much time has passed since then. I don't get why she hesitated at first though.

Munsu
Wed, 03-29-2006, 09:22 PM
About tonight's episode:

Did Locke just sell a house to the girl Sayid loves/is looking for?

Knives122
Wed, 03-29-2006, 09:28 PM
I wouldn't know I didn't watch the first season.....

Xollence
Wed, 03-29-2006, 10:05 PM
Yeah it kind of looked like her, not sure though.

I knew they would find the balloon, but didn't expect the ID card thing to happen. What was up with the parachute food supply? I have a feeling it's poisoned or something.

Zidoas
Sat, 04-01-2006, 11:24 PM
Anyone here watches LOST?

I've became a fanatic of that show. It is too good.

Those that don't know what I'm talking about, go here http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/

So let's talk it up!

Question:

What happened to that island? What is the black spoke? Who are the "Others"?

Use the search function next time
Budweineken

Munsu
Wed, 04-05-2006, 11:15 PM
Anyone saw last night's episode?

I didn't like it much, since I hate Hurley... Seems like the beared guy is not the big shot of The Others, I wonder who it is... probably some suit. Liked how the episode ended though, with the woman being kinda psycho also.

Xollence
Thu, 04-06-2006, 01:40 AM
Do you think he really didn't enter the code? I think he's just BSing again, especially when he said the bearded guy was nothing and that there was someone else, it's probably him.

Raven
Fri, 04-07-2006, 12:23 AM
I don't think 'Henry' is the bigshot, he seemed pretty scared when he was saying "He'll kill me!" so there's probably someone higher up. I think the bearded guy is like a head scientist for that particular hatch or something, and/or he acts as a spokesman when talking to other people.

Xollence
Mon, 04-10-2006, 09:44 AM
I think he was just acting. I mean the guy was threatened, took a nasty beating, had a gun pointed at him and still he pretended to be Henry. Hopefully the next episode will answer this. :)

Jadugar
Thu, 04-13-2006, 12:55 PM
Has anyone watched the new episode 19, "S.O.S." ?

Munsu
Fri, 04-14-2006, 12:32 AM
Episode was pretty good... I especially liked when Locke was calling out Henry and he wouldn't respond, but he was laughing...

Anyone here thinks that Henry might actually be the bearded guy, since apparently one of the customes found in the other hatch was a fake beard?

Next episode should be great, looks like they are about to attack the Others in order to get Wally back.

Though I wonder if Michael was brainwashed by the Others.

Xollence
Fri, 04-14-2006, 03:03 AM
No Henry's not the bearded guy. They showed the bearded guy without his beard already.

I think his name was Michael, not Peter.

Munsu
Fri, 04-14-2006, 03:20 AM
Oh you are right, they showed him... Forgot what he looked liked though, I wish I had downloaded the episode where they showed him. Anyone has that episode and can post a picture?

Knives122
Fri, 04-14-2006, 11:58 AM
are you talking about Zeke? they showed him unbearded in the ep where Claire went to the medicine hatch.

Munsu
Fri, 04-14-2006, 02:23 PM
Yeah, I know the episode... just don't have the episode on myself to rewatch it and see.

Edit:

This is the guy right?

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/1219/27mcgaineydukesofhazzardpr0ak.jpg

Raven
Fri, 04-14-2006, 07:35 PM
http://a.1asphost.com/kakashi/beardless.JPG

naruto=pwnage
Sat, 04-15-2006, 01:37 PM
could somebody possibly give me a link to downloading season two of lost? as in a list, and not a list of five episode tens. thankyou

Munsu
Thu, 05-04-2006, 04:37 AM
Anyone watched last night's episode yet? Freaking awesome episode, everything was good. Michael just went nuts.

Aeon
Thu, 05-04-2006, 10:53 AM
The ending to that episode made me go OMG twice and WTF at the very end. It was worth staying up to 3am to watch it.

FrogKing
Thu, 05-04-2006, 11:42 AM
Finally, we got a half way decent episode. I assume Micheal is doing it under pressure from the Others for Walt.
Did anybody call the 1-877-HANSORG? I did and went to the website and cracked the code from Persephone and got some other stuff about Joob. I wonder where they are going to take the 'Lost Experience' and if it is some elaborate commercial. Did anybody find out anything else?

edit: For those of you who don't know what the 'Lost Experience' is see:
http://money.cnn.com/2006/04/26/news/funny/lost_game.reut/

Raven
Fri, 05-05-2006, 02:01 AM
Woah, totally did not see that end coming. Serious WTF moments there. I was shocked.

Raven
Mon, 05-22-2006, 07:55 AM
X-posted from Rolleyes:

I was glad at the start of this episode because I've really been wanting to see what happened to Michael all the time he was away. And it was very interesting. It seems the whole image of being castaways on an island is just an act put on by the Others, but we knew that already from Claire's flashbacks.

So now we know why Michael did what he did (not that we didn't guess). I still don't think it was necessary for him to kill Anna-Lucia though. Even if he really, really wants Walt back, he's just a normal man and I doubt he'd bring himself to shoot her just like that in cold blood. If he'd just told them the truth from the start about the computer and the deal with the Others then it would probably have worked out better in the end without the bloodshed.

I'm intrigued to know why they want the specific people written on the paper. They've talked in the past about wanting "the good ones" from the camp i.e. Claire, Locke, etc. but the 5 people in question are a mixture of good and bad. Why Hurley, he's not important. Weird.

Touching moment there when Sawyer admitted that he thinks of Jack as a friend. It's little pieces of development like this that really make this show for me.

Xollence
Mon, 05-22-2006, 05:14 PM
I hope Hurely kills Michael. That bastard needs to die.

Psyke
Tue, 05-23-2006, 11:21 AM
I'm currently on a season 2 marathon.... watched till episode 13 in 3 days. Damn that Michael is easily my most hated person in LOST..... at least so far. He really needs a good punch to the face like what Charlie received. :p

Xollence
Thu, 05-25-2006, 11:23 PM
The last episode of Lost was pretty good, sucks we have to wait so long for season 3. If anyone missed it ABC has the full episodes up here: http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing

Raven
Fri, 05-26-2006, 11:48 AM
Amazing finale - have they announced when season 3 will commence?

Did anyone else spot Kate's boobs being accidentally grabbed at the end there? It was only for a second before Alex realized what she was doing and moved her hands to Kate's armpits instead:

http://a.1asphost.com/kakashi/kateboob.JPG

Aeon
Fri, 05-26-2006, 01:05 PM
Haha I noticed that also, I had to rewind the ep to be sure. But yea this finale was indeed amazing. It told us some things but opened up new things like what's the deal with the giant 4 toe statue. I also found it interesting that Hurley imaginary friend shared the same name with Libby dead husband, maybe they are one in the same. And I was sooo pissed that Michael didn't die, the whole time I was hoping his boat blew up or that Walt would do something to him.

I think season 3 starts in Oct, thats when season 2 hits dvd and they usually release the seasons right before the season starts.

Munsu
Sat, 05-27-2006, 02:25 AM
Yeah, the season finale was fucking awesome... I hope Desmond and the other people in the hatch are still alive... He got so little screen time, he needs more... plus his story is very interesting, especially with the woman he loved looking for him.

Jadugar
Mon, 10-02-2006, 01:23 PM
Prepare to get Lost all over again, Wednesday, October 4th.

LOST Season 3 Promo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncmL1ITR01U)

Assertn
Mon, 10-02-2006, 03:36 PM
Did you guys know about this?

Online-only Sri Lanka orientation clip....has tons of interesting footage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0-A2-H8scw

kippykinkel
Mon, 10-02-2006, 05:02 PM
heres what i want to know, is the boob grabbing an accident during the shoot that they decided to leave in, or is it significant to the plot?

Munsu
Wed, 10-04-2006, 12:09 AM
Humm, tomorrow will be a good night with LOST starting and all. The Nine is also starting tomorrow, and looks like it'll be interesting, though it's in the same timeslot as Kidnapped which has been pretty good so far.

Raven
Fri, 10-06-2006, 10:34 AM
Sooo... anyone watch the new season's first episode? Man, I can't wait for next week. I wonder what the next couple of weeks that will be "unpleasant" will contain. Experiments of some kind?

Munsu
Fri, 10-06-2006, 10:50 AM
The first episode was fucking awesome, I like the new "Others" characters, especially the chick. I still don't know if she's playing everyone or if she'll eventually turn out good, maybe?

The kid that tried to escape, I'm pretty sure he's an Other also. They used that scenario to demolarize Sawyer so that he wouldn't try to escape later on. Loved the dog food.

I also highly doubt that Jack is underwater, just mind games.

I really hope that by the end of the series, we get some sort of explanation of what makes this island so special, why Locke can walk again and why it can cure cancer.

Aeon
Fri, 10-06-2006, 07:24 PM
The first ep was awesome, it was all we could talk about in work yesterday.The first 5min were true wtf is going on. And I recently watched Running Scared so as soon as I saw the chick I yelled out pedolady. Anybody else think that Jack's ex boyfriend is gonna play a future roll since his name is being kept from us. We still dunno the Others leader name.

PS. Kate looked hott in that dress.

Raven
Fri, 10-06-2006, 07:25 PM
I hope they aren't just writing it as they go along, and haven't come up with the ending yet. No, of course not, surely they're not that stupid... >_>

The thing about this series is that there's so many questions that seemingly have no answer. I hope they all get addressed at some point.

EDIT: Yeah Aeon, as soon as we never found out his name I suspected that either (a) we already know him or (b) we'll meet him soon, only to have just previously found out his name. We saw vaguely what he looks like though.

Jadugar
Fri, 10-06-2006, 09:55 PM
We still dunno the Others leader name.

Yes, we do.

The girl who is treating/fucking with Jack's mind, called him (previously known as Henry Gale) Ben.

Raven
Sat, 10-07-2006, 09:20 AM
Henry/Ben isn't the leader though... he may be the highest rank in this particular group, but he's only a pawn in the greater scheme of things. He said it himself.

Assertn
Sun, 10-08-2006, 01:19 AM
the beginning was cool.....and so was the "heyy you got a fish biscuit!" part

I didn't really care much for most of the other parts of it though.

Jadugar
Thu, 10-12-2006, 06:28 PM
I really wanted to see Locke in this episode (2nd episode). I guess we are stuck with the “others”.

That brings us to the question that why do the others need Sawyer, Kate and Jack ( Hurly should have been there too). What is it that they(Others) cant do by themselves. What abilities do these people have that makes them special than the rest of the flight 815. But then again this series has given us more questions than answers and there are more flashbacks.

I thought the Sun and Jin flashbacks were somehow concluded but it seems that I was wrong. So Sun is a good liar. Now I think that she might be lying about the pregnancy or it might not be Jin’s baby.

Locke where are you?

Phoenix20578
Thu, 10-12-2006, 10:56 PM
And the Phoenix rises from the dead.....

Great episode, but I am curious now(well...more so than before) What exactly are the other? I really think this has something to do with the Darma Project, that it was meant to create a utopia of some kind....

Raven
Fri, 10-13-2006, 08:21 PM
They keep stating over and over again that they're not the bad guys. I'm beginning to think this is true. They're portrayed as evil through the atmosphere of the show, but they're probably working towards some greater good that we don't know about yet.

Maybe they're studying human emotion or something, and that's why they've got the love triangle captured, and why they've taken Jack away seperately and put Kate and Sawyer together? Nah, that's kinda dumb.

Assertn
Fri, 10-13-2006, 11:53 PM
They've also hinted a few times that the others might be like....aliens or something.....
although I hope that wouldnt be the case.

I thought the Sun and Jin flashbacks were somehow concluded but it seems that I was wrong. So Sun is a good liar. Now I think that she might be lying about the pregnancy or it might not be Jin’s baby.
or.....maybe the baby's father is the bald guy.....? They kind of implied that last season when they stated it was Jin's fault they couldnt have a kid.

Munsu
Sat, 10-14-2006, 04:24 PM
I really wanted to see Locke in this episode (2nd episode). I guess we are stuck with the “others”.

Locke where are you?

Locke's centric episode is next week.

docdan63
Tue, 10-17-2006, 03:48 PM

yes he's one of my favorite characters in the series.Should be good to see his episode next.

Xollence
Tue, 10-17-2006, 09:40 PM
The third season is going good so far. I wonder whatever happened to Michael and his son.

Aeon
Wed, 10-18-2006, 07:04 PM
The third season is going good so far. I wonder whatever happened to Michael and his son.

Hopefully they were taken out by a tsunami or something, I never wanna see Michael again. Less then an hr away before new ep starts YaY.

Jadugar
Wed, 10-18-2006, 08:18 PM
They've also hinted a few times that the others might be like....aliens or something.....
although I hope that wouldn’t be the case.

I don’t think so, then again how do you explain that black smoke stuff.

or.....maybe the baby's father is the bald guy.....? They kind of implied that last season when they stated it was Jin's fault they couldnt have a kid.

That’s exactly I was getting at.

That is great news. The look on Locke’s face when everything started crashing down was priceless. I want to see what he will do now.

Hopefully they were taken out by a tsunami or something, I never wanna see Michael again. Less then an hr away before new ep starts YaY.

They should have killed Michael off at the end of season 2. He is the only character that I don’t like. All he used to do was scream “Walt” every 2 seconds. I was glad when he left the camp to find Walt.

iLoveHotCoCo
Wed, 10-18-2006, 09:21 PM
ahhh.. Another ep. of confusing-ness. I guess Locke is the new 'leader' since Jack is gone.. It was interesting to see more of Locke's past too, hes one of my favorite characters. =)
Michael I dont think is coming back ever.. I think I remember an interview with someone saying that Michael and Walt aren't coming back..

p.s the hitchhiker/cop was hot =p

Aeon
Wed, 10-18-2006, 10:07 PM
Maybe my expectations were too high for this ep, it was good but I wanted the showdown between Locke and the Bear to be more intense. His flashback was pretty cool but you knew something was up with that guy when he wanted to know about the green house. Next ep looks freaking sick being about my favorite character(Sawyer) and all. And WTF at Desmand becoming physic.

Munsu
Thu, 10-19-2006, 01:20 AM
Humm, I wonder if Desmond is even alive... I would've thought that we would've seen a scene between him and Locke if he were. At the moment, I'm thinking that Hurley is somehow imagining him or something... remember he has some psychiatric problems. His problems may be coming back since he's trying to deal with Libby's death and he needs a new friend.

Assertn
Fri, 10-20-2006, 10:38 AM
There's alot of times where characters start to act weird as if they're no longer who we think they are.....but I'm sure Desmond will play a bigger role when they get more in-depth with that one chick that is out there in the real world looking for him. I'd say its safe to assume Desmond is actually alive, because Locke saw him amongst the survivors in his dreams as well....and Boone said he can take care of himself right now.

I'm still suspecting that Locke is going to kill the cop in his flashbacks. This is due in part to the grander scheme I've noticed where every survivor had been, either directly or indirectly, involved in someone's death prior to being on that plane.

Kate = her father
Sawyer = that shrimp guy
Sun/Jin = indirectly, that bald guy
Hurley = a couple people on that porch that collapsed
Jack = Premature death of that guy with the cancer on his spine
Ana-Lucia = that guy that shot her
Mr Eko = probably killed alot of people....
Sayid = probably killed alot of people...

As far Charlie and Claire.....well.....maybe charlie OD'ed someone? I only seem to recall like, one flashback episode for claire......

Raven
Fri, 10-27-2006, 08:24 PM
As the weeks go on with season 3, it's more apparent how the Others are just normal people living their lives, with whatever goals/purposes that we don't know about yet. But the point is that they're not the cold, calculating, emotionless animals we imagined they'd be throughout seasons 1 & 2. They have feelings and relationships within their own community.

I can't decide if this is a good or bad thing for the viewer. On the one hand it's good because it helps flesh them out as characters for the show but on the other hand the mystery of "The Others, oooh scary!" has died down a lot. But, it's bound to happen because we had to meet them eventually.

It's funny how on a Sawyer centric episode we find out why the Others have Jack in particular. I wonder who he has to operate on. Maybe they wanted him in the first place anyway before the operation was needed, but they decided to keep him in the aquarium later on when the operation was necessary.

Sawyer's angle was great this week, he's easily my favourite character. Although I thought it was a bit obvious they didn't really give him a pacemaker, it was still an enjoyable story.

Interesting thought that Desmond is dead and Hurley's imagining him, but I think too many people have talked to him for that to be right, unless everyone's suffering the same delusions. But it seems he's developed powers to predict the weather, or something.

iLoveHotCoCo
Fri, 10-27-2006, 10:43 PM
I think Desmond went mental, like seriously.. What was with that lightning rod thing, hes like "Oh, i'm bored so imma build this thing so lightning can hit it and start a small fire in the middle of the beach so everyone can look at me" =/
Yeah i didnt know The Others were so clever. they take Jack to preform a surgery, I bet a penny it will be on Ben, they take Sawyer to move rocks.. i guess. and they take Kate to keep Sawyer in line.. clever.. clever indeed
Oh yea and the preview with that scary thing they saw on the screen gave me nightmares =(

Aeon
Fri, 10-27-2006, 11:14 PM
The reason Desmond built the lightning rod is cause he knew that lightning was gonna strike Claire's hut. Remember earlier in the episode he was trying to get her to move further down the beach while he "fixed it". My guess is that he didn't wanna look like a weirdo by just coming out and saying you and your baby are gonna die tonight from lightning.

And man those two new characters are freaking annoying, maybe it's cause they just came out of nowhere and are acting like they been part of the in crowd this whole time. The scene with the guy playing golf just seemed forced, could've easily been Hurley since we always see him playing and last week with the chick going we need Jack(He's captured) Why didn't you tell us sooner. Hurley should've been like B*TCH I just got back when would I tell you.

Raven
Sat, 10-28-2006, 05:43 AM
Hurley should have said "I didn't tell you because until now you didn't exist in the show".

iLoveHotCoCo
Sat, 10-28-2006, 11:10 AM
Oh thanks Aeon I must of missed that part.. I guess that what I get for writing my speech while watching.. Never shall I do it again =)

Sapphire
Sun, 10-29-2006, 02:01 PM
I liked this episode. Especially the Sawyer flashback.

I too wonder why they put that random characer in there though. Maybe they don't want the viewers to think that there's less people on the island that there actually are... or maybe.... he's an other! mwahhahahaha~

Jadugar
Mon, 10-30-2006, 11:34 PM
But it seems he's developed powers to predict the weather, or something.

Remember he is a sailor and he knows when the weather is about to take a rough turn.

So does Kate really love Sawyer or Jack? She has had plenty of time to make her mind up.

Raven
Tue, 10-31-2006, 01:26 AM
I think anything between her and Jack is over for now, imo they're setting up something between Jack and Juliette. Sawyer and Kate is a done deal, he already admitted he loved her when he was delirious from fever.

Sapphire
Tue, 10-31-2006, 08:48 AM
IMO, nothing has really been acomplished. People have pretty much been fritting around each other relashionship wise since like episode one. When Jack sees Kate again he's probably going to refall in love with her vice versa. D: It's possible to love more than one person.

Assertn
Tue, 10-31-2006, 06:35 PM
Remember he is a sailor and he knows when the weather is about to take a rough turn.
You think the director of the series dedicated 10 minutes of an episode to make an effort of emphasizing that Desmond was a sailor? That would be a huge waste of story-development time, unless its to foreshadow that Desmond plans to harness the power of lightning against the others...

Considering that in the previous episode he predicted John's speech, it should be obvious that the intent of that scene was to elaborate more on his ability to make accurate predictions.

Munsu
Fri, 11-03-2006, 12:23 PM
Last episode was great, but very very sad. We lost a favorite character, a great one.

Do you guys think Jack should trust that woman? About the black smoke, do you guys also think that the smoke is able to shape shift and such? That all the illusions that everyone has been seeing is simply the black smoke changing shape? Consider that the black smoke is controlled by The Others, or someone that has the same access to information as The Others have, he can just about fool anyone with it.

iLoveHotCoCo
Fri, 11-03-2006, 12:34 PM
Very sad indeed.. The little black puff of smoke sounded like a receipt printer on a cash-register..
Anyways, I don't think that Jack should trust Juliette. If I remember correctly, Juliette and Ben aren't on really good terms with each other.. She might just be manipulating Jack to get rid of Ben so she becomes the top dog.

How about that creepy eye-patch guy? You think he's an Other or just another Desmond-like person? Anyways he gave me nightmares =(

Aeon
Fri, 11-03-2006, 02:54 PM
That was the best ep this season, Juliette's play for power has escalated her up on my favorite Lost character list behind Sawyer and Kate. I hope she is playing Jack so that she can take over as smart villians are always better then one's that rule with power. And that new guy is still annoying me but the chick on the other hand is freaking hott like 2nd hottest on the island hott. And I guess that means that in the 1st season the smoke monster of doom was Jack's dad that he saw.

Jadugar
Fri, 11-03-2006, 06:51 PM
Considering that in the previous episode he predicted John's speech, it should be obvious that the intent of that scene was to elaborate more on his ability to make accurate predictions.

Accurate predictions ?

So he knew John was going to make a speech based on what ? Unless you are telling me that, he can predict the future now and somehow turned into a precog after the hatch accident. All that electro magnetic release of energy somehow increased his brain activity and now he can predict the future. Well, he couldn’t predict Eko’s death and he wasn’t very far from him but it would be interesting to see if he in fact is able to predict things now.

Getting back to the current episode…..

Eko was a great loss. Now that Jack and Sawyer are with the others, we need someone like Eko because Locke is not cutting it now. Ever since the hatch exploded, Locke has never been the same. It will take time for him to regain his confidence.

The Black Smoke :

What is it? It’s the freakiest thing in LOST. Its bringing every dead body on the island back to life, remember Jack’s father and now Eko’s brother. Earlier in the second season the black smoke let go of Eko but this time, he wasn’t that lucky.

Whats the others agenda?

So what are Ben and Juliet playing at? Who is trustable or they are both lying to Jack. For someone who has an aggressive tumor in his spinal cord is very active and in a very fit shape, remember Ben knocking around Jack in the cage in the last episode.

Why do the others want Jack so badly? Is it just to perform the operation on Ben or is it much more sinister? They wanted Hurly too. What is their real plan?

So there are six stations in total. I guess we will be finding out about one more real soon.

Raven
Fri, 11-03-2006, 07:54 PM
I'm thinking it's all a big ploy on Jack - Ben's not really sick, or it's someone else's x-rays, or I dunno, SOMETHING different to what it seems, all to test what Jack will do when given the choice.

Sad to lose Eko, I'll definitely miss his character's priestly phrases and his polite tone of voice. Pretty badass how he took out all those militia by himself.

I hate how they've brought these new characters in as if they've been here the whole time, it's just annoying. Use people we already know ffs. They didn't need to kill Libby, her death was pointless, it could have been her as the female accompaniment.

Jadugar
Fri, 11-03-2006, 08:09 PM
Yeah sad to see Eko leave the show this way.

“Do not know how the fuck I am”.

He was very subtle at times.

I agree with you on Libby thing. What was the point of bringing her in if they were not going to use her character in an effective way to develop the plot a bit more? Maybe we will discover a few more secrets about her in Hurley’s flashbacks.

The two new characters just showed up from nowhere. We are in season 3 and its been more than two months, so who is it possible that we have missed these characters? Maybe they have very low island society status.

Jack was the first man we saw on the island who knew what was going on and he would be the last one to leave.

Assertn
Fri, 11-03-2006, 10:05 PM
Accurate predictions ?

So he knew John was going to make a speech based on what ? Unless you are telling me that, he can predict the future now and somehow turned into a precog after the hatch accident. All that electro magnetic release of energy somehow increased his brain activity and now he can predict the future. Well, he couldn’t predict Eko’s death and he wasn’t very far from him but it would be interesting to see if he in fact is able to predict things now.

oh. I thought this was the general consensus...considering they went out of their way to emphasize desmond observing things before they happen.

eko's death did seem unexpected....especially since lock spent the previous episode rescuing him. However this does support an earlier suspicion of mine that all of the tailers are destined to die. All that remains is rose's husband.......

Sapphire
Fri, 11-03-2006, 10:23 PM
It's the self-actualization island. Everytime someone gets the least bit content with themeselves they just die. Maybe this series will have a Battle Royale style ending in which only two people survive by randomly escaping by a boat. Oh wait, that already happened.... I guess everyone is gunna die then. D:

Has anyone noticed some kind of color association with the flashbacks? Like with Echo I thought Orange, Sun and than other guy Green, Hugh Brown... Jack Blue...

I think it's already been established that those random island people are new cast. And the writers of the show can totally get away with putting random new characters on an isolated deserted island because a) they've already done it like 30 times and b) we only knew like 8 of the dozens of castaways on the island anyway,

Munsu
Mon, 11-06-2006, 07:26 PM
Regarding this week's LOST:

This is the last episode in the 6 episode mini season of Lost, after this it will resume again in February (in North America).

Munsu
Tue, 11-07-2006, 02:59 PM
Was browsing through some old episodes and noticed something... The guy who brought Desmond to the hatch in the season finale of season 2 (the one who wanted to steal his sail boat) was also that soldier that convinced Sayid to torture his comrade in episode 14. Only thing is that they both have the same last name, Inman, but different first names. Don't know the reason for it.

Also, do you guys remember that hatch the people from the tail found? I remember Libby finding a glass-eye in there, maybe that's related somehow to this guy with an eye-patch.

Munsu
Wed, 11-08-2006, 10:03 PM
Man, those last couple of minutes of this week's episode were pretty intense... Now we are left with a big fucking cliffhanger til February.

Boomstick
Wed, 11-08-2006, 10:26 PM
Damn I hope they don't kill off sawyer, well i don't think this is to likely I also didn't think that they would kill off eko(still mad about that). Kinda annoying that we have to wait several months to see the next episode.

Sapphire
Thu, 11-09-2006, 09:01 AM
Sawyer will be killed off as soon as he achieves self actualization~~

Jadugar
Thu, 11-09-2006, 09:30 AM
Man I hate those cliffhangers, especially in LOST.

Why are they taking such a long break? I hope its not because they haven’t finished the story and don’t know how to carry the 3rd season.

Jack’s plan was a good one. I thought he might side with Julia and kill Ben during the operation but he has taken his own steps to ensure Kate’s safety. This love triangle has a long way to go. So only Kate is going back and Sawyer is still there.

What will I do till February?

iLoveHotCoCo
Thu, 11-09-2006, 05:05 PM
Hell of a cliffhanger as expected from LOST..
I can't wait to see what the writers cooked up for the next season.. I remember hearing a local radio station interview Evangeline Lilly (the girl who plays Kate) and she said that the writers said that if the show ran for six more seasons, that they would know exactly what would happen.. Or something along those lines.. Personally I think they're full of BS but I could be wrong =p
Anyways I hope in the next season they show more of the slingshot girl, who is (i think they said) the french lady's (forgot her name >.<) daughter.. She seems like a cool character..
Can't wait till February !!!

Aeon
Thu, 11-09-2006, 06:02 PM
How gangsta was Russo's daughter(Yes I think that's her daughter also) with a freaking sling shot. After Jack saw Kate and Sawyer in the cage I thought he struck a deal with Ben to only let him leave. I was like oh snaps Jack made a deal with the devil. And those last 5min had me hooked, we als learned that Jack's name wasn't on the list of the name they mentioned(Possibly the Leader) so it must've been Ben's personal plan to get Jack there to operate on him.

Anyone else notice that after the ep where Sun was almost captured, at the end Sayid told them we have a long walk ahead of us. Anyone find it odd that like the next ep Sayid was back while we haven't seen Sun and Jin? Maybe that's not really Sayid and is really the smoke monster of doom...(Yes I just wanna see more of the monster)

Munsu
Thu, 11-09-2006, 08:46 PM
If not mistaken, they made it look like a couple days passed... That was the point of Sayid asking Hurley how long Eko has been in that condition... That Jin and Sun have not been seen yet is of no consequence.

Assertn
Fri, 11-10-2006, 11:47 AM
And those last 5min had me hooked, we als learned that Jack's name wasn't on the list of the name they mentioned(Possibly the Leader) so it must've been Ben's personal plan to get Jack there to operate on him.
What? what list they mentioned? I think I'm missing something.......

Munsu
Fri, 11-10-2006, 12:26 PM
When Pickett goes out of the operating room to kill Sawyer he says something along the lines of "Great, now we have one of ours in the hands of one of them, and he even wasn't in <insert name>'s list"... Probably the list of people The Others wanted, the one that was given to Peter...

Raven
Sat, 11-11-2006, 09:00 AM
Man, what a cliffhanger. Jack obviously doesn't know they're on a different island - where can Kate possibly run to?

I was nearly moved to tears for a minute there when there was a chance Sawyer might die - best character ever. I want Sawyer to beat the absolute crap out of Pickett, he's had too many free shots so far, man I hate him.

I wonder if further down the track Jack's gonna go all emo-jealous after seeing Kate and Sawyer lying naked together. Although I still think they're setting things up between him and Juliet.

Why must they make us wait so long for more episodes - how does the TV system work over in the US, is there some kind of non-rating season happening at the moment?

Munsu
Sat, 11-11-2006, 11:12 AM
There's no real system... the networks do as they please. I actually preffer it this way, though maybe they should've aired 12 or so episodes before taking a break. I don't know but, I preffer a 3 month wait for more LOST than a full year (if they aired all episodes in a row).

I think that part of the reasoning is that we are entering a couple of months of Holidays, so LOST wouldn't have aired in some weeks anyways. At least this way they set it up so that we can see more episodes in a row, week after week.

Assertn
Sat, 11-11-2006, 01:44 PM
It's pretty common for there to be a gap in the middle of the season during the winter here in the US.

Man, what a cliffhanger. Jack obviously doesn't know they're on a different island - where can Kate possibly run to?
All jack needs to know is when kate is safe. If she can't do that on her own, then the others will have to take her back to the other island personally. And I'm sure they value Ben's life more than her and sawyer's.

Munsu
Sun, 02-04-2007, 07:44 PM
Well, finally Lost returns this week on Feb. 7. I also hear that they'll air 16 episodes in a row which is awesome.

Munsu
Wed, 02-07-2007, 09:37 PM
In case you think you missed tonight's episode, you haven't missed it yet, so you still have a chance to catch it when it airs.

Episode airs at 10pm EST tonight, so in about 23 minutes.

http://www.mininova.org/tor/575476

Assertn
Thu, 02-08-2007, 02:17 AM
purple sky...... xd

Sapphire
Fri, 02-09-2007, 12:56 AM
Ah I was too busy thinking BUZZ CGI BUZZ BUZZ to fully appreciate it. I need to get a pic.

This ep was okay, the sudden.. 1 silence 2 silence 3 si- BOOM SHOCK!! Scared me as usual. I miss Sun!

Assertn
Fri, 02-09-2007, 03:43 PM
So Alex's dad is Ben......
Which means that he's Rousseaux's husband.....

Which means that he was inflicted with "the disease" that Rousseaux talked about...and...supposedly she killed him?

Surely she recognized him when she trapped him and gave him to sayid.....
Maybe he's just Alex's foster parent, since she's been raised by the others since she was a baby.

Munsu
Fri, 02-09-2007, 09:37 PM
I don't really think he's the real dad, I think she was simply raised that way.

Assertn
Sat, 02-10-2007, 02:06 AM
but.....what if he is...?

Raven
Sat, 02-10-2007, 10:31 AM
Well, Danielle really didn't seem to recognise him when she caught him, she kept insisting that he was "one of them" but obviously it was just a hunch for her.
Seeing Alex was captured as a little girl she was probably always made to call him Dad.

Munsu
Fri, 02-16-2007, 04:05 AM
I liked the last episode... Liked how they presented Desmond's past. They made it seem like it was a memory instead of simply throwing the audience into a flashback.

I didn't watch the previews, but someone told me that some mysteries will be revealed in the next episode. Well unless he's messing with me, this should be something to look forward to.

At least there's a bright side to all of this. We now know that Charlie is going to die soon, I'm sure I'm not the only one that hates him.

Raven
Fri, 02-16-2007, 06:28 PM
That was quite powerful. I guess we were meant to think it was Claire who was supposed to die and it worked on me, I liked it better when we found out it was Charlie, I'd rather he die than her. Interesting episode, it kind of confirms that all the people on the island were supposed to go there no matter what they did rather than it being all a coincidence. But we knew that already, right? ;)

Aeon
Fri, 02-16-2007, 07:17 PM
At least there's a bright side to all of this. We now know that Charlie is going to die soon, I'm sure I'm not the only one that hates him.
Yes, I was happy when I heard Desmond say that it was him and not Claire. So far neither one of the last 2 eps have gripped me like Lost usually does. Next week looks to change that:D.

Munsu
Fri, 02-16-2007, 07:20 PM
What? episode 7 was awesome... what are you talking about. I'd even dare to say that it was my favorite episode in the series.

Raven
Fri, 02-23-2007, 06:44 PM
Episode 9 was good - I didn't really understand her 'gift' somehow, ok she can see who people are, but what was the significance of the tattoo parlour and why did she resist tattooing him so much? I didn't see the big deal.

What the hell was with all the people standing out the front of Jack's cage? It's so frustrating how the characters ask questions and get such vague answers in return. But I guess it makes you want to know more. One day this show will actually answer something properly.

Assertn
Sat, 02-24-2007, 04:14 PM
I believe all the people outside Jack's cage were people taken by "the others"
The twins were among the first from the tailers who were taken, and Cindy was the one taken just before Shannon was shot (while they were bringing Sawyer up the hill).

I liked their appearance more as mysterious creepy entities that were walking silently through the forest rather than just....chillin and asking how the other survivors are doing. This episode didn't really interest me that much at all....

Munsu
Tue, 02-27-2007, 11:05 AM
Episode 9 was good - I didn't really understand her 'gift' somehow, ok she can see who people are, but what was the significance of the tattoo parlour and why did she resist tattooing him so much? I didn't see the big deal.

What the hell was with all the people standing out the front of Jack's cage? It's so frustrating how the characters ask questions and get such vague answers in return. But I guess it makes you want to know more. One day this show will actually answer something properly.
Didn't see the importance of the gift either, but it's probably a cultural thing. And why did she resist so much? Well just look at the beating Jack took at the end.

About the people hanging outside the cage, makes you wonder about two ideas given in the episode and from what we've seen in the series. We've been lead to believe and a couple of instances that the abducted people were given a better life from what they would experience in the Island. We've also seen that the Others have technology and methods to brainwash people. So it's hard to tell what they are actually doing with those abducted people, and if they are currently in the camp because of their free will or because they've been tricked somehow.

Phoenix20578
Tue, 02-27-2007, 11:45 AM

It is a culture thing, because "Outsiders" are not meant to have a tattoo like that, and describes a persons inner nature. That was her gift also, she was able to see the inner nature of people and have it be external, so that everyone may see.

As for the people, I keep thinking back to the season finale, when Desmend's Ex was notified about the explosion.

Raven
Fri, 03-02-2007, 08:20 PM
Ep 10 was good I guess, just a filler ep really. Still, it's another back story to show that each character was running away from something before they came to the island.

And does Alex look way older than 16 to anyone else?

Munsu
Tue, 03-06-2007, 06:48 PM
I didn't care much for the episode, but it had a bit of character development for some... Tomorrow's episode should be good though, I think eye-patch guy is going to show up.

Munsu
Thu, 03-08-2007, 11:40 PM
Wishmaster is back!!!

Anyways, yesterday's episode was good. I really thought that Sayeed was telling the truth about torturing the woman, so I liked that scene were he broke down at the end. The chess game was nice too, and Locke is pretty dumb and too curious for his own good. And finally, Hugo dominating in ping pong was nice... I was hoping they would show more of the game.

Raven
Fri, 03-09-2007, 11:42 PM
Good ep, although I was wondering, why did the Russian guy bother to lie to them and heal Sayeed, what was his plan? To capture them, to find out what they know or what? It didn't really make much sense to me. I can't imagine what he hoped to achieve by keeping up a charade.

Also, has anyone found out what they were saying in Russian towards the end there? Someone must have translated it somewhere.

EDIT: Found a translation, not linked due to possible spoilers.
Basically she was just saying "you know what to do, it's an order" and he was replying "there must be another way, I'm sorry".

Munsu
Fri, 03-09-2007, 11:48 PM
What was he to do? He was outnumbered, with guns on him. Plus he probably has some instructions to not harm them, hence why it seemed like he preffered to be killed than killing one of them. Who knows.

Assertn
Sat, 03-10-2007, 01:00 AM
nice to know that destroying the swan bunker had more side-effects than they originally led us to believe.

What kind of spoilers could there possibly be if this week was the newest episode?

Raven
Sat, 03-10-2007, 08:27 AM
Oh, there may be theories there, possibly ones that end up being true. I know many people don't like reading theories but rather just watch each ep as it comes. Can't hurt to warn.

Assertn
Sat, 03-10-2007, 01:44 PM
Really? People make theories all the time in like....the naruto manga....
But it shouldn't bother anyone cause they're just that: theories

Raven
Sat, 03-10-2007, 06:12 PM
A bit off topic, but I read a really in depth Lost theory a few months ago; it cited many different little details and several aspects of the show so far as evidence and was obviously really well thought out. I started to mention it to some people or post links and some people were all like "aargh that makes way too much sense, I feel like it's ruined".

So ever since then I try not to take chances. :p

Raven
Thu, 03-15-2007, 06:43 AM
Ep 12 was pretty amazing. Very interesting what we found out about Claire. And WTF @ the end!!

Munsu
Thu, 03-15-2007, 10:09 AM
Yeah, this was an awesome episode. I thought Claire looked hot with the black hair. And Jack's dad keeps showing up everywhere, now Jack and Claire are siblings? So far we've seen Jack's dad having a connection with quite a few people. I remember that at least Sawyer and Ana Lucia also had a connection with Jack's father.

And what a way to kill the Wishmaster, I thought those sound pillars were awesome. Jack at the last scene playing football was priceless. So what do you think happened? You guys think he's brainwashed or something? Or just making the best of his situation? I myself think he has the hots for Juliette, so he's playing along.

Arcn3ss
Thu, 03-15-2007, 10:30 AM
Yeah, this was an awesome episode. I thought Claire looked hot with the black hair. And Jack's dad keeps showing up everywhere, now Jack and Claire are siblings? So far we've seen Jack's dad having a connection with quite a few people. I remember that at least Sawyer and Ana Lucia also had a connection with Jack's father.

And what a way to kill the Wishmaster, I thought those sound pillars were awesome. Jack at the last scene playing football was priceless. So what do you think happened? You guys think he's brainwashed or something? Or just making the best of his situation? I myself think he has the hots for Juliette, so he's playing along.

Gothic claire did look hot. Seems like everyone in the show had some connection to Jack's dad, which is cool. I dont think Jack was brain washed at all. He's made his deal with them, and I dont think he views them as evil anymore. (For one he's playing football with one of them :P) I mean he's already been promised to leave that place, why wouldnt he get along with them for the time being.

I can see him having the hots for Juliette as a possible reason for staying there. He could have accepted the fact that he wouldnt be seeing Kate and the rest again after the whole Ben surgery incident. So it would be better to get along with them then being locked up.

And why would Jack want to go back to the other side of the island anyway? Its a piece of crap. Aside from the fact he was promised a way home, the others living area looks pretty awesome. He also saw Kate and Sawyer screwing so i doubt he'd be going back for her, especially when he could get Juliette ( A woman who hasnt screwed Sawyer :P).

Munsu
Tue, 03-20-2007, 09:30 AM
Next episode seems to be a Locke centric episode, and those almost always turn out to be good. Hopefully we'll learn more of his wheelchair problems and shit.

Munsu
Fri, 03-23-2007, 06:27 AM
No one seen this episode yet? It was great... I think some mysteries have been explained a bit.

Anyways, LOST got renewed:

http://www.tv.com/story/9152.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=news&tag=headlines;title;2

Raven
Fri, 03-23-2007, 11:31 AM
Yeah, it was awesome. I still find it weird how suddenly Jack was able to be so friendly with them. Even with the deal, he has always been so bitter and stubborn; seems strange for him to be like this.

Very interesting about Locke. And WTF @ the end.

Annoying how we get so close to having age-old questions answered and they dance around it but never actually give any answers, but that's the whole point of course. I found it interesting that Ben didn't know how Locke was cured, I always assumed he knew all there was to know about the island.

Munsu
Thu, 03-29-2007, 09:31 AM
Last night's episode was a wierdass episode...

I knew they were paralyzed, but I wouldn't have imagined that they would be burried alive... man that was an awesome ending to the episode. I also liked how these two were probably the biggest criminals from the survivors, well except for the great Eko.

Assertn
Thu, 03-29-2007, 11:21 AM
eh.....alot of it felt contrived, the way they tried to stick the two into scenes from the first 2 seasons. Zomgs lets throw Ethan in for shock value! Also, John and Eko's discovery of the Pearl has been severely downplayed with those two finding it first. And of course, gotta conveniently show Ben and that one woman climb all the way down into the Pearl room just to look at an image of Jack and talk about him out loud to each other.

Hopefully, the survivors will find a use for the walkie talkie that they left in the camp, otherwise those two will have contributed nothing to this season.

Munsu
Thu, 03-29-2007, 11:40 AM
I actually liked those scenes, they were comical... and I thought the beginning of the episode set the atmosphere correctly, with the chick doing some shitty acting in a shitty show with shitty music in the background. I think of it as an episode to lose tension, but still not drifting too apart from what LOST is... most of the episodes this season have been pretty intense. I mean, don't you find it funny how Sawyer and many of the survivors didn't recognize them? I thought that was pretty funny and played in the absurdity that we viewers see as two survivors take the centerstage, two survivors that we've never seen till season 3 and we suddenly have to accept that they have always been around... the survivors themselves are as confused as we are.

Assertn
Thu, 03-29-2007, 01:08 PM
I liked the potential it had set up as mystery of sorts. Even if the answer to the mystery didn't solve any of the other 4 million mysteries in the series, the fact that we knew nothing about the two characters allowed for alot of potential in that arena. However, I no longer considered this a valid excuse for the episode, after its concluded with none of the survivors actually solving the mystery, and the only reason we know what happened was because we physically saw the flashback of the event.

Aside from the complete tangent where Charlie admits he faked the kidnapping of Sun, the only character development was from the two people who left the show with as little impact as they entered.

Raven
Fri, 03-30-2007, 07:15 AM
When they first appeared in Season 3 I hated them and kept thinking "wtf, are we just supposed to accept them like they've been here all along?" which of course is exactly what you're supposed to think. Then they keep poking fun at that very element, having all the main characters keep asking "who ARE you?" because they are as confused as the viewer. Brilliant stuff.

Even though this episode was just filler really, because these characters have nothing to do with anything, it was still interesting to see how things played out. I always remembered that scene where he came out of the toilet and I've often wondered if there was anything more behind that or just a lame joke. And while the scene with Ben and Juliette was extremely lame, it was still nice to see confirmation of why they kidnapped only the 3 of them in particular.

That was such a great ending. Being buried alive was a fitting end to two people who were ultimately very annoying. I really hope they don't miraculously come back at some stage. Throughout the episode I had a slight suspicion they weren't actually dead, and when the Medusa spider was mentioned that kind of gave it away.

Munsu
Wed, 04-04-2007, 08:50 AM
I can't wait for tonight's episode... Looks like we'll have a catfight in our hands. Who are you guys rooting for? Kate or Juliette? I myself want Juliette.

Raven
Wed, 04-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Kate's the original, and she's more of a tomboy. Juliette's awesome but still, there's something unsure and fake about her yet. I'm rooting for Kate.

*Edit:
... and I was right. Yay!

An interesting ep, I found it infuriating how Locke basically didn't answer Kate's questions even though he himself has been after answers all along. And where could they all have possibly gone to?

The Sawyer story angle, while predictable, was a nice change of pace. It's true though, he's pretty much all that's left to lead the group, but I guess that'll change now that the four of them are about to return. And Juliette, can she be trusted? If she had the key, does that mean the Others gave it to her originally before they cuffed her? Or did she just happen to have a handcuff skeleton key in her pocket that she realized later? It doesn't quite add up that they'd gas her, cuff her, throw her in the jungle but also slip a key into her pocket.

We've seen in past flashbacks that Cassie has already told Sawyer about his baby, but when she told him the baby was already born. Kate was saying that she should call the cops and get him locked up, so I guess this flashback took place before he went to prison for whatever reason?

Assertn
Thu, 04-05-2007, 11:44 PM
The ending did kinda elude to Juliette being untrustworthy......
And that made Jack seem in on it as well :eek:

Munsu
Fri, 04-06-2007, 07:17 AM
The ending did kinda elude to Juliette being untrustworthy......
And that made Jack seem in on it as well :eek:
Wait... you mean that she's untrustworthy and that Jack is in on it? Or that she is trustworthy? Not sure if you used "elude" incorrectly instead of "allude".

Even if she's tricking them, I very much doubt Jack is in on it.

Assertn
Thu, 04-12-2007, 01:59 PM
erm lols plotbomb ep.

There was some particularly interesting stuff this time. I DO remember Claire saying something about a needle prior to being kidnapped by Ethan, so it was nice to revisit that and actually elaborate a little further. The whole "can't get pregnant" thing with the island is particularly interesting....explains why they always try to kidnap kids.

The deception near the ends makes me wonder though....
Does that mean that Claire was never really in any danger outside of the Others' tricks, or would she really have died had Ethan not shown up? How was Danielle able to give birth to Alex? What will happen with Sun being pregnant?

EDIT Just thought of a plothole....

When Ben first discovered that he had a tumor, why didn't he take the sub to the outside world to get it treated? Jack asked this very question while operating on Ben, and Tom said, "we could have, but ever since the sky turned purple..."
We now know that the "sky turning purple" refers to the destruction of the swan bunker, which destroyed all the communication devices on the island. Of course Ben would not be able to return to the island if he left to get the surgery, but his tumor was discovered weeks before the plane even crashed on the island, which was over a month before the swan bunker was destroyed.

In other words, there's no reason why Ben didn't go to the outside world to get the surgery done and come back before the bunker was destroyed.

Raven
Sat, 04-14-2007, 01:11 AM
I think he was reluctant to because he was born there, maybe? And he'd rather die than leave or something? I'm grasping a bit there.

What an amazing episode. So Ethan was crazy and went against the higher orders, kidnapping Claire, hanging Charlie, etc. maybe because during the course of his time with Claire he became attracted to her and wanted to keep her for himself. It's also a bit weird that Goodwyn was a doctor too, meaning that their two main doctors are now dead. Kind of dumb that they sent two such valuable people on the spy missions.

It seems to me that Claire would have died had she not been treated. But, that still doesn't explain about Danielle/Alex. Maybe that will be revealed later as the exception or something.

Assertn
Sat, 04-14-2007, 01:56 AM
Did you watch the same episode as I did? I didn't see anywhere where they said Goodwyn was a doctor....and Ethan wanting Claire to himself? No....Juliette specifically said that Ethan had to kidnap Claire because the manifest was found.

Raven
Sat, 04-14-2007, 04:55 AM
When that girl died giving birth and Juliette was trying to save her but failed, Ethan was the one who said she was dead and Goodwyn was one of the other doctors. Well, I would assume only doctors were present for the operation.

My point about Ethan was that he went against orders and violently kidnapped her, "on his own, it was never the plan" in Juliette's words. At first it was to save her life and he had to improvise, but because he was so passionate about getting Claire back and threatening Charlie way back when, I thought maybe during his time with her he developed feelings for her, something that does happen in some doctor/patient relationships. Just a thought though, I'm probably wrong.

Assertn
Sun, 04-15-2007, 02:06 PM
When that girl died giving birth and Juliette was trying to save her but failed, Ethan was the one who said she was dead and Goodwyn was one of the other doctors. Well, I would assume only doctors were present for the operation.

My point about Ethan was that he went against orders and violently kidnapped her, "on his own, it was never the plan" in Juliette's words. At first it was to save her life and he had to improvise, but because he was so passionate about getting Claire back and threatening Charlie way back when, I thought maybe during his time with her he developed feelings for her, something that does happen in some doctor/patient relationships. Just a thought though, I'm probably wrong.
Ah, hard to recognize Goodwyn I guess

Nah, when he came back to get her again she was still pregnant, and it was right around the time that they were going to cut her open to remove the baby. I'm sure he had grown impatient and knew that radical steps needed to take place immediately.

Munsu
Sun, 04-15-2007, 02:31 PM
Throughout the whole episode I was thinking, "Wow, what shitty writting is this... what a coincidence that Claire got sick just when Juliet was arriving, how convenient." I'm glad they explained it with a implant that got activated manually by them, and it wasn't simply a coincidence.

Anyways, can't wait for the next episode... from the previews it seems like the shit is going to hit the fan (of course, it has happened plenty of times already)... but it looks like an allout war.

I still have a bit of faith on Juliet, she can't be toying with Jack's emotions like this... what a bitch.

Raven
Fri, 04-20-2007, 07:16 PM
So somehow Penny has managed to track down the island, even if it did crash their helicopter. At least we know it's possible for the outside world to get there.

Did everyone spot the photo on the head monk's desk of that old woman from the jewelry shop in Desmond's previous flashback? Interesting.

A bit of a filler ep, they seem pretty keen to develop this love triangle thing. Well, love quadrangle if you include Juliette I suppose. Still entertaining though.

*EDIT: By the way, it was nice to see the origin of Desmond's "brother" syndrome.

Munsu
Tue, 04-24-2007, 06:41 PM
Yeah, it was indeed nice to see the "brother" bit. It was also nice to see how he met the love of his life, I was confused for the whole episode with the chick he went to visit, I thought she was his sister who was complaining about him leaving Penny.

Fucking previews fooled me once again, I was expecting an all-out war this episode, but I guess it wasn't all that bad.

Raven
Mon, 05-14-2007, 01:26 AM
So what do you think the deal with Jacob is?

I can't figure it out. It was really weird and creepy.

Assertn
Mon, 05-14-2007, 01:33 AM
http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Jacob

ya, Locke better survive though =[

Raven
Fri, 05-18-2007, 09:57 PM
Nice site. Can't believe I've never been there.

It really seemed like Charlie would die this time, what with the flashbacks, the tearful goodbyes, the passing of his family heirloom...

Oh well. I'm probably the only person in the world who doesn't mind him anyway.

Strifexgx
Fri, 05-18-2007, 11:22 PM
Just a curious thought and figured id post here to get responses about it.

Weve seen the map of the stations listing that there are 8 of them: http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Image:BlastDoorMap.jpg

The ones listed are:
The swan/the hatch
The Arrow
The Flame
The Staff
The Pearl/?

But we also now currently know of two others:
The Hydra
The Looking Glass

The main question and granted nothing can be completley answered atm is, Are the latter The Hyrda and the Looking glass are one of the 3 not listed on the map? Seeing as the blank ones are all aligned within what looks to be the island and we know the Looking glass is off shore underwater and the Hydra is on a small atoll of the main island. Just a random thought and thinking outloud as to if weve narrowed it down to one "hatch" left or if there are still 3 others we have yet to see

Assertn
Mon, 05-21-2007, 08:41 PM
The idea is the map is drawn solely by the discoveries of the two guys previously stationed at the Swan. This is further implied by various scribbles suggesting that regions outside of the boundary (the blue octagon I think?) are incompatible with "108"....which many have speculated to refer to the 108 minute time limit the guys have to wander away from the bunker.

Considering such limitation, you could argue that it'd be particularly easy to have additional bunkers beyond the "108" minute zone, including ones that would be impossible to reach without a boat or a sub.

Strifexgx
Tue, 05-22-2007, 03:09 PM
Though i disagree with the 108 minute limit, only based on what we know of the positions of the Arrow and the Flame. The Arrow was located at the tailes crash site (or within a short range of it) I believe they hiked 3 days or so (basing on memory so could be slightly off) before they ran into the losties. I also believe the Flame was mentioned by one of them as a two day hike away.
You do bring up a good point though about the looking glass and hydra since that guy wouldnt have been trying to steal des' boat if they had anything like such

Ill look for confirmation about the distances

Assertn
Wed, 05-23-2007, 12:24 PM
The Arrow was located at the tailes crash site (or within a short range of it) I believe they hiked 3 days or so (basing on memory so could be slightly off)
Well....it took 3 days because they took the longest possible route by following the coast in order to avoid confronting "the others".

Maybe it was a different perimeter that represented the "incompatible with 108" message.
Or maybe, since the ideal configuration was 2 guys alternating 12 hour shifts, the perimeter represented how far a person could travel in the span of 6 hours.

Raven
Fri, 05-25-2007, 09:56 PM
ZOMG WTF AWESOME @ season 3 finale.

I don't even know where to begin. And the final flashback!!!!

Assertn
Sat, 05-26-2007, 12:13 AM
And the final flashforward!!!!
.....Fixed =]

Strifexgx
Sat, 05-26-2007, 02:27 PM
Slightly depressed about charlie going but we knew it was gonna happen for awhile and props to him for accepting his fate and being fairly heroic about it. And that mikeal (eye patch guy) i hope to god hes finally dead if he somehow lived through the point blank grenade explosion i will be pissed. Also about the flash forwards i wonder if thats one possible future or thats whats gonna really become of jack. Oh and one quick question for the observant whos funneral was it?

Assertn
Sat, 05-26-2007, 03:01 PM
Oh and one quick question for the observant whos funneral was it?
Nobody knows.

I'm going to presume that the flash forward is what will in fact happen later in the series. Perhaps even, the next 3 seasons will be dedicated towards present/future instead of present/past.

Really, the only way they should be able to prevent that future from happening would be if Desmond was able to predict it.

Crash
Sat, 05-26-2007, 05:35 PM
Oh and one quick question for the observant whos funneral was it?

The guy asked him if he was "Friend or Family" and Jack responded "Niether". If it had been someone who survived the crash he likely would have said "Friend" so my personal guess would be Ben.

Raven
Sat, 05-26-2007, 08:42 PM
Of course it will be Ben. Kate said "Why would I want to go to his funeral" or something. There's nobody else it could be.

Foomanchew24
Mon, 05-28-2007, 05:44 PM
Never know what may happen in the future to make Kate dislike someone. I for one thought it may be Sawyer, but I guess we will have to wait to see. I had heard that the next season does not start till 2008, what a major bummer =(

Crash
Mon, 05-28-2007, 05:52 PM
Never know what may happen in the future to make Kate dislike someone. I for one thought it may be Sawyer, but I guess we will have to wait to see.

Sawyer and Kate have been at it like jackrabbits for the last few episodes, so it doesn't seem likely that she wouldn't want to show up to his funeral. Plus when she met with Jack at the end she said "I have to get back to him" which given their relation ship before leaving the island i would assume is Sawyer. Also i still think that if it was Sawyer Jack would have said "Friend". They had disagreements and Sawyer was pretty much a dick head in the beginning but lately he's been getting along with everyone ok for the most part. I'm standing firm by Ben, it's the only person on the entire island i can think of who he wouldn't have called a Friend at their funeral and who also would have had no other friends or family show up for.

Assertn
Tue, 05-29-2007, 12:47 AM
What if it was Locke?

Raven
Tue, 05-29-2007, 05:57 AM
Kate wouldn't resist going to Locke's funeral imo.

Munsu
Thu, 06-07-2007, 05:13 PM
I thought the Finale was awesome... but the "flashback" sure fooled me. I do believe it was Ben also, especially since no one went to visit him, not even family (and we know he didn't have any). And you add to that that Jack said that they shouldn't have ever left the Island, so at some point he should have somewhat understood what Ben meant by everything he has been saying about protecting the Island and such.

rockmanj
Sun, 06-10-2007, 01:53 AM
It seems like the funral home was in a black neighborhood...what if it was Michael or something...they didnt exactly leave on good terms (but presumably, walt would be there). And that Russian guy ain't normal...he doesent die, no matter what happens to him. what if he's the islands security in human form :-o

Zati
Thu, 07-26-2007, 03:36 PM
News on Lost :

*Spoiler*
ABC reveals Lost shocker (Spoiler) (http://www.tv.com/lost/show/24313/story/9934.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=headlinessh&tag=headlines;title;0om_act=convert&om_clk=headlinessh)

Munsu
Thu, 07-26-2007, 04:45 PM
So it looks like this series will be returning in February, and do like they did after episode 8 last season, and air all the episodes in a row. I think that's a good thing, even though we'll have to wait a couple of more months before the start of the season.

Munsu
Fri, 07-27-2007, 04:56 PM
Comic-Con '07: LOST Panel

The producers had a very interesting panel in Comic-Con '07. The story may contain some small spoilers, but it's a great read, so go check it out if you want:

http://www.tv.com/story/9944.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=news&tag=headlines;title;1

Munsu
Fri, 01-25-2008, 06:45 PM
Don't forget that LOST returns next Thursday... and also, on Wednesday they'll re-air the Season finale, with added footage and shit:

Besides being one of television's most adored shows, most will be tuning in next Thursday to see what direction the series takes after a third-season finale that left many-a-head exploded last May. Hopefully everyone's duct-taped their cranium back together by now, because ABC is replaying the finale with some bonus features.

On January 30, the day before the fourth-season premieres, ABC will air an "enhanced" version of "Through the Looking Glass," which will include bonus facts and clues to the show. Text will run on the lower-third of the screen, presumably giving little notes about things viewers may have missed the first time around and explanations of events to help catch up those who haven't seen the entire series.
http://www.tv.com/story/10750.html

Raven
Fri, 01-25-2008, 08:42 PM
Nice, looking forward to this.

What's the deal with the way the seasons are set up now, I've heard they're finishing it all in one go but with a few 2-week breaks here and there, or something? Or am I making that all up?

Munsu
Fri, 01-25-2008, 08:46 PM
You're half right. Before the strike, the plan was to start the season in February and air all 16 or so episodes in a row, that means no week breaks... pretty much as they did for the second half of last season. Now with the strike, this season has been shortened, how they'll handle future seasons is still up to debate... maybe they'll add one season to complement this one or what not.

Sapphire
Sun, 02-03-2008, 02:09 AM
The strike has caused the suffering of all my favorite shows, so I'm sad about that. Glad to see Lost is back, though it seems the hype has staled a little due to it's long ass hiatus, or maybe that's just me.

I'm glad that the episode brought things right back to speed without meandering in the past, though I guess that is what the past episode thing was for. So I wonder if they are going to shoot all the 'future' scenes inserted in the present, and later or next season just pan back to the island when Jack decides to stop being a wussy and go back?

BTW Sawyer is sexy.

Raven
Fri, 02-08-2008, 07:24 AM
Don't really know what to think about the first episode of season 4. I absolutely cannot predict where this is going. Somehow only 6 of them leave the island? Maybe the rest stay because they want to, or they get killed. I hope it's the former.

Hurley can be kind of annoying when he wants to be.

Dammit. I want more. NOW.

Sapphire
Fri, 02-08-2008, 12:07 PM
I don't think most of them get killed, or else people wouldn't want to go back to the island. The second ep is on the site. abc.com

Comment on second ep: One question answered, ten more asked. D:

Assertn
Sat, 02-09-2008, 12:08 AM
so the ocean crash was definitely faked....
I wonder if they will elaborate more on that....I imagine assembling a replica of the plane full of dead corpses would be pretty difficult, especially considering that nobody was expecting to ever find the crashed remains in the first place.

Sapphire
Sat, 02-09-2008, 07:27 AM
I thought the fact that everyone thought they were dead was because they -were- dead, and they were in limbo or something. It was amazing that the whole 'everyone thinks they were dead' thing was actually like, nonsupernatural, though not predictable.

So they have a bunch of crazies and people in denial looking for Ben, and he actually knows because he planted someone, not some psycho supernatual reason. Also lol Walt was mentioned.

Inazuma
Mon, 02-11-2008, 11:42 AM
Maybe Walt is a funny "Pimp My ride" suspension system rigged to that wooden house together with PSP supported AI.

Writers, deserved more cash, now we all agree on that.

Assertn
Sun, 02-17-2008, 12:51 AM
Man....wtf at the recent ep....
Guess that makes Sayid the 4th confirmed of the Oceanic 6 (I'm assuming Ben is remaining behind the scenes).

There's an interesting relationship between the survivors and various members of that ship... I'm wondering if they are in any way connected to Dharma, and they are trying to reclaim the island, which was stolen from them by Ben long ago.

Munsu
Sun, 02-17-2008, 05:04 PM
Alright, finally watched all 3 episodes that are out so far. Well, I've been liking the direction this is going, and I think it was a really a good idea to have those "flashfowards"; I think it creates more anticipation to what is going on and and what's going to happen in the island.

With that said, when do you guys think that the scenes from the season finale (Jack and Kate) from the future took place? Before or after the current ones? Because it's kinda wierd seeing Jack kinda collected in the season premiere, while being a train wreck in the season finale. Though when he's talking to Hugo, he mentions he's thinking of growing a beard (kinda like what he had in the season finale). I don't know, the train wreck scenes make more sense to me right after he is rescued, I hope the series doesn't end with him being suicidal. Makes you wonder whose funeral he went to... surely it wasn't one from Oceanic 6 passengers, since they are famous, I would think. I thought it was Ben originally, but seeing his current action in the last episodes I have to rethink that, also depending when the scenes actually take place.

As for the Oceanic 6, we have Jack, Kate, Sayid, and Hugo... hard to speculate on the rest. I myself think that the Kwon's will be the other 2, the reason is that I think she'll want to have the baby outside of the island and I think it'll be fun with the mob connections. Though I myself have thought that Jin wouldn't survive the island, but I think he has played with death enough (not really being one of the main main characters) and he's survived everytime.

For the same reason Sun wants to go, I think Claire would want to stay... I think she's found some comfort in the island, and with Charlie sacrificing himself on the island I think there'll be some bullshit reason for her wanting to stay. For some reason I think Desmond will make it out, but I doubt he'll be considered Oceanic 6. I think the story with Penny can be worth something storywise, especially with her family being heads of a big corporation that may very well be part of what's going on. Bernard has to die, and so his wife... they are both useless. And for obvious reasons, I think Locke and Sawyer will stay; they'll either die or just want to stay there... too many hints that they wouldn't want to return.

With that said, I can still see Jin dying, and maybe Sawyer taking his place. I really don't see Claire going, she has nothing to add to the story in the future. Though you also have to wonder if at some point it'll be revealed that she and Jack are brothers and sisters.

Then we have Ben, who we know makes it out, Juliet, Danielle, Alex, and Karl. I think Juliet might return, she clearly wants to go... surviving until then might be tricky. Karl has to die, he's useless. Alex and Danielle will surely be revealed as relatives, and if Ben made it out, I have strong suspicions that Alex will make it out too. As for Danielle, I think it can go either way. It depends on if they indeed reveal herself as the mother to Alex... wether Alex goes or not, wether she finds herself in a situation to die for Alex, etc. I can easily see them being "soldiers" for Ben in the future... who knows.

Anyways, I like those flashfowards, and I think it's really cool what they did with Sayid. He's a total badass in the future, and I'm interested on how Ben plays into things and on how he'll turn things around to his favor during his time on the island.

I think I covered everyone, and those are my guesses as to whom will stay/go/survive/die.

Assertn
Sun, 02-17-2008, 05:28 PM
It's already been mentioned several times that Alex is Danielle's daughter....both by Claire and by Sayid....Ben also tells Alex that Danielle is her mother....

I'd say that part of the story already had its closure.

That said though.....I can't imagine Danielle wanting to leave the island now....

Munsu
Sun, 02-17-2008, 05:46 PM
It's already been mentioned several times that Alex is Danielle's daughter....both by Claire and by Sayid....Ben also tells Alex that Danielle is her mother....

I'd say that part of the story already had its closure.

That said though.....I can't imagine Danielle wanting to leave the island now....
Really, they revealed to Alex that Danielle is her mother? I know that to the viewers etc it has been revealed, but I was pretty sure that Alex doesn't know. Might've missed that. I thought that that's what Ben wanted to tell her when Karl interrupted. But thinking about it now, you're right... i have a faint memory of it ocurring.

With that said, about the Oceanic 6, I didn't consider Walt and Michael. Though we really don't know what happened to them... my guess is that they didn't make it out for the simple reason that the rescuers still though the the plane crashed and there were no survivors... so maybe Michael is Ben's mole in the ship? Though it doesn't make sense either, unless they are also hiding that they are survivors of the crash.

Next episode preview for those interested:
http://www.dailymotion.com/search/lost/video/x4etio_lost-s04e04-eggtown-promo-3-sub_shortfilms

Raven
Mon, 02-18-2008, 02:06 AM
Yeah, Ben said something along the lines of "Alex, this is your mother" and they cried and hugged or something.

I personally think that one of the Oceanic 6 will be someone we don't expect, someone who wasn't actually on the plane, maybe one of The Others, someone who will get smuggled out as a passenger needing rescue. I still think it's Ben, and that it was his funeral in the season 3 finale. Maybe he leaves to escape the ship/helicopter people, who knows.

And that part with emo Jack definitely takes place after what we saw recently with Hurley, the beard thing gives it away in my mind, not to mention that he kind of leans towards wanting to go back when speaking with Hurley and then later really, really wants to go.

Assertn
Mon, 02-18-2008, 04:00 AM
The Oceanic 6 definitely have to be survivors of the plane crash. Everyone knows who was on the plane, and the people after Ben will definitely recognize Ben if he tried to pass as one of them.

rockmanj
Mon, 02-18-2008, 11:43 AM
With that said, I can still see Jin dying, and maybe Sawyer taking his place.

I'm don't Sawyer won't be one of the six to get off unless something really changes his mind. Remember what he said to Kate? There really isn't anything for him outside the island, and at least there he's somebody. And you might counter with "but Kate left", but Kate might be thinking about her mother, or maybe is somehow influenced by/ feels sorry for Jack.

Assertn
Mon, 02-18-2008, 11:59 AM
My roommate pointed out that in the last season finale, when Kate and Jack met up in the flashforward, she says something along the lines of "I should get going. He's waiting for me." ...or something like that.

Could be a reference to Sawyer...

Munsu
Mon, 02-18-2008, 12:49 PM
That's true, and I remember it... but for some reason I doubt she and Sawyer would be together in the future. Maybe she'll get together with her fiance that she abandoned?

How's this for a plot twist, Claire dies and for some reason Kate is taking care of her baby... lol. Na', I don't think so... but it would kinda cool. We wondering who Kate is fucking and she's really going to take care of a baby. Though since the baby was born on the Island, I would think Ben would do anything on his power to keep him there and study him. And probably Claire as well... something like that.

I'm don't Sawyer won't be one of the six to get off unless something really changes his mind. Remember what he said to Kate? There really isn't anything for him outside the island, and at least there he's somebody. And you might counter with "but Kate left", but Kate might be thinking about her mother, or maybe is somehow influenced by/ feels sorry for Jack.

I agree with you, but at the off chance that Jin is not one, I really don't see what other candidate would make a good Oceanic 6 member, so Sawyer might as well be him... but I'm still sticking with Jin. It would be kinda cool if Sawyer took a Sayid-like role in the future for Ben. He's a con-artist after all, I'm sure his skills could be useful.

Assertn
Mon, 02-18-2008, 02:07 PM
Only Claire can raise her baby. Catastrophic things will happen if somebody else raises it.

rockmanj
Tue, 02-19-2008, 12:22 AM
Well, there is the theory that Kate may have become pregnant with Sawyer's baby. But, I don't think she would give birth before leaving the Island. I'm guessing the Koreans get off the island or something. I would say the Kwons, but well (FYI: Sun's last name would should still be Baek. Korean women don't change their name after marriage; they still reatain their father's surname. But it looks like the writes call her Kwon...so I'll change that..the Kwons

rockmanj
Fri, 02-22-2008, 02:36 AM
BUMP..

That ending was so predictable, and I didn't even see it coming...But it just raises more questions, as to "why doesn't Jack want to see Aaron?", and "Where is Claire?" Also, I guess my "Kate got knocked up" theory is shot. But that Saywer is one smooth mofo (I mean, really, who sits in the bed while in their underwear just reading) .

Munsu
Fri, 02-22-2008, 03:05 AM
And here I was joking about Kate raising Aaron lol...

About why Jack doesn't want to see him, I don't know. Maybe something happened and he was somehow responsible for Claire's death. And you know, with the black smoke or whatever appearing as Jack's dad, it's still pausible that Claire and Jack learn about their relationship and something stems from that. I really don't know. Can't think of a good reason for him not wanting to see him.

With all these scenes, I keep wondering about the flash fowards in the season 3 finale. I want to get into a Jack centric episode because I really think they'll deal with those scenes. I'm really curious (in the future) how he got from where he is to that train wreck.

rockmanj
Fri, 02-22-2008, 08:17 AM
it's still pausible that Claire and Jack learn about their relationship

I hear that issue will be addressed this season, and also by episode 7, the show's creators say we'll know the rest of the 6.

Munsu
Fri, 02-22-2008, 10:29 AM
Just as they mentioned the Oceanic 6, they said that 8 people survived the crash. What do you think they were reffering to? Two people that might've died later on in the island? Or to Michael and Walt?

rockmanj
Sat, 02-23-2008, 02:38 AM
No, he was clearly lying. Remember, there were over 40 survivors or something like that initially. Methinks this is an allusion to the "cover up" that Oceanic or whoever wants the returnees to throw out there. This might have something to do with Abbadon or whoever that guy is, or the Widmore group. There's a lot we don't know about the circumstances surrounding their return.

Munsu
Sat, 02-23-2008, 11:27 AM
No, he was clearly lying. Remember, there were over 40 survivors or something like that initially. Methinks this is an allusion to the "cover up" that Oceanic or whoever wants the returnees to throw out there. This might have something to do with Abbadon or whoever that guy is, or the Widmore group. There's a lot we don't know about the circumstances surrounding their return.

I know they were lying, but that's still two other people besides the oceanic 6 that "survived" the plane crash. Why not just say "hey only us 6 survived"? He said eight for some reason, so maybe he was thinking of Walt and Michael or in their made up story those 2 had to die somehow before they oceanic 6 got rescued; so I'm wondering if they are thinking of two people in particular.

Sapphire
Sun, 02-24-2008, 09:21 AM
He could be talking about Aaron and Ben. Ben is somehow on the other side, exploiting or working with Sayid. He might have escaped with them. It also could explain sort of how Jack is a borderline alcoholic and very angsty and pissed off, something might have happened with Miles and Ben to cause Jack to never want to go to the island again, and ditch everyone.

Kate didn't seem to want any mention of Aaron in the courtroom, and Aaron technically wasn't on the flight when the plane crashed. So that might have been what caused Kate to freak out.

So we have: Hugo, Kate, Sayid, Jack (Possibly Aaron, Walt, Michael) for Oceanic Six. I highly doubt that Michael and Walt are revealed to the public at all, or else the people who came to the island would have mentioned it by now. I'm pretty sure Sawyer stays, and I doubt both Jin and Sun will go. Though it -is- possible, Jin will prolly die or something rather than them both escaping. That would just be crazy if Locke ended up going.

If he ends up going, which I doubt, but it would be awesome if he does, then the people would basically have no leader, good or bad. Then Sawyer would probably ended leading, haha that sounds fun. I'm pretty sure Kate would be with Sawyer if he was on the other side though.

Raven
Mon, 02-25-2008, 02:05 AM
Locke has lost his faith about the island before - it could happen again. Especially since he's going through much doubt and uncertainty right now. I wouldn't be that surprised if he left.

rockmanj
Mon, 02-25-2008, 02:35 AM
I really can't see Locke leaving, even if his faith in the island is wavering; just due to the simple speculation that if he ever leaves...he wouldn't be able to walk; which is something that disturbs him above all else. He's actually pretty similar to Sawyer. Neither of them have any thing away from the island (we can throw Ben in there too). I'm gonna go ahead and throw the Kwons out there...and maybe Jin dies or something. I don't know why I feel that, but it seems like it coming.

Munsu
Mon, 02-25-2008, 02:40 AM
I've had that feeling about Jin since season 1, but the fucker keeps surviving... I've pretty much given up on him dying. Now that I said that, the show will probably kill him just to prove me wrong.

Raven
Mon, 02-25-2008, 02:42 AM
I've also always expected him to die, he just has that kind of martyr feel to him somehow, like he'd jump in front of a bullet for Sun or something. Maybe he still will.

Sapphire
Mon, 02-25-2008, 08:31 AM
Coming back to Clair, I think the show just wants us to think she's dead. It's possible Clair asked Kate to take Aaron for hope of a better life, because she couldn't go. (No room on the helicopter or somthing? idk)

Or Kate stole him. XD!!

rockmanj
Mon, 02-25-2008, 10:23 AM
I don't think Jack would let that fly (stealing babies and such). But I think something happens to Claire. But something weird....Why isnt she a wreck? I mean, Charlie died like a day before, and she's going along like everything is peachy. Nobody notices that? She's lost her precious "Chaalee", and is just whatever. What a stone hearted bitch!

Assertn
Mon, 02-25-2008, 01:11 PM
As I said before....
nobody is supposed to raise aaron except for claire. There's been at least 3 episodes dedicated to the foreshadowing of something horrible happening if they were seperated.

Sapphire
Mon, 02-25-2008, 08:15 PM
Yes we all know this. And something horrible seems to have indeed happened for them to be seperated. The question is... -what- happened?

About Clair's reaction: I know she got amnesia, but did she ever get her full memories back? Because before, Clair and that other guy were getting busy in love and what not, and then when she lost her memories it seems he just became her bitch. D:

Assertn
Tue, 02-26-2008, 12:12 PM
About Clair's reaction: I know she got amnesia, but did she ever get her full memories back? Because before, Clair and that other guy were getting busy in love and what not, and then when she lost her memories it seems he just became her bitch. D:
Yeah...I noticed that too...she never seemed quite the same...
I just figured it was because once she remembered everything, she sort of became a combination of the before and after.

rockmanj
Fri, 02-29-2008, 02:23 AM
WOW...the last episode was mind-blowing (literally and figuratively). I can't say enough good things about it. But now we know that there's some sort of weird E-M thing going on for sure, and apparently it allows your consciousness to time travel...or something. Well, I don't get it now, but anyways, great f---n episode!!

Sapphire
Fri, 02-29-2008, 08:40 AM
Um, well. I wasn't expecting this. Who remembers all the other times Desmond seemed to have issues with time? Because I know this wasn't the only time. I'm sort of speechless. That was awesome.

That crosses out the multiple dimension theory..

The sad thing is this isn't the first time they've done something blatantly supernatural. Just the first time I've really noticed it. D:

I completely forgot about Desmond too, when I was thinking of Oceanic six. He should make it out too. Unless he dies. .................................................. ......

Raven
Fri, 02-29-2008, 10:05 AM
It's weird, because every other time Desmond has time-jumped he remembers everyone and they don't remember him. Like that time he saw Charlie busking.

Great ep - I love story lines that involve doing things in the past that effect the future. Interesting also was the time difference - while it seemed like over a day on the island it may have been less than an hour in the real world.

The phone conversation at the end was really emotional. Desmond is such a great character.

rockmanj
Sat, 03-01-2008, 03:45 AM
I'd have to say he's my favorite 'Lostie" (Sayid and Assertn...err Sawyer are tied for 2nd). And I think the reason that his time jumping became so severe is that, for some reason leaving the island unwound him, and that "condition" began to deteriorate. I guess he won't be having anymore of those pesky flashbacks now. But I wonder; who's the ship's captain, and who is Ben's inside man? If it's Michael, I'm gonna be pissed, since that would be so obvious.

Sapphire
Sat, 03-01-2008, 10:33 AM
I like Sawyer, Sayid, Jin before he started learning English, Desmond, and that's it.

Can anyone recall the other flashbacks that Desmond had? All I remember is the one where he went to visit Charlie, and all the other ones, like him being in the army and talking to the dad were the typical Lost flashbacks

Assertn
Sat, 03-01-2008, 10:27 PM
It only happened once before.....as a transition between when the bunker exploded and him lying in the forest naked.

He was back in time and was sharing a place with Penny, then when he went to buy her a ring, the woman started talking to him about time travel...or something?

Sapphire
Sat, 03-01-2008, 10:39 PM
Oh yeah! She was like YOU WILL BREAK UP WITH PENNY LOLZ!! Or something like that. She was scary. I think she was apart of some group. Dunno.

I don't remember the forest/bunker one though.

Assertn
Mon, 03-03-2008, 07:38 PM
Desmond was the one who detonated the bunker. Then Charlie found him in the next season just standing in the forest naked.

I have a feeling Desmond won't be one of the oceanic 6....of course he wasn't on the plane to begin with, but he had stated much earlier in the series that he had a book that he didn't want to read until he was going to die. Because of this, I expect at some point we will witness him in an inescapable situation, reading that book.

Munsu
Mon, 03-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Desmond was the one who detonated the bunker. Then Charlie found him in the next season just standing in the forest naked.

I have a feeling Desmond won't be one of the oceanic 6....of course he wasn't on the plane to begin with, but he had stated much earlier in the series that he had a book that he didn't want to read until he was going to die. Because of this, I expect at some point we will witness him in an inescapable situation, reading that book.
That's great point, but just the same they can have him reading the book so we think he's going to die; but I think this series would more than likely have him killed if it ever came to that.

Raven
Fri, 03-14-2008, 07:31 AM
Heh, it seems we missed an entire episode's worth of discussion.

Anyway, onto this week's. I have to say I saw the whole Michael thing coming, since it was confirmed a while ago that he'd be in the show this season. When Ben was discussing an inside man on the ship I thought to myself "ah yes, that's when Michael will make his return".

How about the flash forwards! I didn't predict that ending at all. So Jin's faked his own death or something and is living a new life now? What the hell's going on? And was it just me or was Hurley totally hitting on Sun, saying it was "gooood" they were alone?

Edit** BTW, is there relevance to the name Michael used... "Kevin Johnson"?

Munsu
Fri, 03-14-2008, 08:16 AM
Wait, why do you figure that Jin faked his own death? If you're talking about the scenes with Jin in them, they were clearly a flashback... that's why they made him look so young and why they made the refference to only being 2 months married.

Regardless of if he's dead or not, he surely didn't make it out of the island. If you look at his tombstone, it says that he died on Sept. 22, 2004... same day the show premiered; which I assume is the date when the airplane crashed. So, to the world he died on the plane crash. Now, he may actually be still alive on the island... but who knows. Doesn't make sense to me that they'd visit his grave if he was still alive, so he should've died at some point in the island; and my guess is that he risked his life in order for Sun to escape or something.

As for Michael, yeah we all saw that coming... as for Kevin Johnson; it doesn't ring any bells to me... maybe after the Phoenix Suns' point guard.

And about last week; nice to see Ben get all emotional and we finally see some affection from Jack and Juliet... it's the first one we've seen in the series right? I mean, I think they've hinted that they might like each other but I don't think they've ever shown them kissing or anything.

Edit: Now we have to figure out who the last Oceanic 6 member is, since Jin is no longer an option. Should've known better when I chose him as a survivor. Maybe Michael or Walt will become the last one, or one of the Others replaces someone. Ben certainly has great power and influences in high places, he could make it happen but I don't see why they would need to go to such extent. I think Sawyer is looking as a likely candidate right now, but I still find him very doubtful. But my real bet would be Desmond making it out somehow.

Sapphire
Fri, 03-14-2008, 09:54 AM
Jin better not be dead. All this time I was hoping he'd die, but now I don't want him too! Looks like I was sorta right about both Sun and Jin not getting off the island though.

Juliette is such a bitch. I would poison her non expiring cereal.

And @ Michael getting on the boat, I didn't see the promos, but I saw it coming. haha.

saman
Fri, 03-14-2008, 01:40 PM
jin's so not dead. i'd bet my bank account on it if i didn't like it so much. every time i think of that scene at the graveyard, a little voice starts chanting, "all is not as it seems" in my head.

didn't see michael's appearance coming, though. i didn't pay much attention to last week's preview. what happened to him originally? i missed that.

Sapphire
Fri, 03-14-2008, 06:52 PM
This is going off of very vague memory which may or may not be influenced by dreams. Walt went missing, and the others were all talking to him or something. The others said they were scared or something. Michael was like OHSHI I'M going to find my son!! Waltttt! Walllllt!!! Ben said if you leave on this raft thing, I will give you your son. (Or something) They left on certain bearings. Or apparently they left.

Now we see that Michael works for Ben, and Walt looks a lot older. My friend Eek thinks Ben knows how to control time skips depending on the bearings of the island, and he set Walt and Michael back three years, hence Michael possibly 'infiltrating' and Walt looking a hell of a lot older.

Raven
Fri, 03-14-2008, 09:19 PM
Wait, why do you figure that Jin faked his own death? If you're talking about the scenes with Jin in them, they were clearly a flashback... that's why they made him look so young and why they made the refference to only being 2 months married.
I wouldn't say it was that clear it was a flashback, I certainly didn't pick it up. So they're mixing flashbacks with flash-forwards now? I can see now it would have been back when he was working for Sun's father. But I certainly didn't figure it out then.

Munsu
Fri, 03-14-2008, 09:53 PM
I wouldn't say it was that clear it was a flashback, I certainly didn't pick it up. So they're mixing flashbacks with flash-forwards now? I can see now it would have been back when he was working for Sun's father. But I certainly didn't figure it out then.
Well, they did it this time to fool the audience and to make the impact and surprise factor of the final scenes that much greater.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if he were still alive in the Island... but if that's the case, Sun visiting the grave doesn't make any sense.

Assassin
Sat, 03-15-2008, 02:35 AM
ya i was definitely fooled by the flasback/flash forward mix....at first i though that maybe they somehow broke up and jin got remarried, and then i was like OOOHHH HES IN A FLASHBACK!

The micheal thing was a surprise for me cuz i just started watching the series and marathoned all the seasons in like a week, so i wasn't aware of any previews or news about the returning cast for season 4. I think that made it better cuz i was curious since ben first mentioned he had a spy.

As for the last oceanic 6, i really hope its desmond. hes such a great character and i'd hate for him to die.....and if its not him, i hope hes atleast alive on the island.

My friend Eek thinks Ben knows how to control time skips depending on the bearings of the island, and he set Walt and Michael back three years, hence Michael possibly 'infiltrating' and Walt looking a hell of a lot older.

Thats an interesting theory, and seems plausable. Daniel did say that the 'side effects' were different for each person, and it could have something to do with the difference in thier travel paths. I really want to see more daniel/desmond centered episodes cuz they always reveal the most about the island and whats really going on. That thing about desmond being dans constant a few eps back...i guess at some point dan's gonna start time skipping too. He did say that its a result of EM exposure or radiation exposure, and he told desmond (in the past) that he used his radiation thing like 20 times a day.

On another topic, whats the deal with this Jacob character? I dont know if its been brought up already (i assume it has), but what are the current theories on who this jacob is and how he can make a cabin shake and disappear. And more importantly, why did he ask locke for help when ben brought him to the cabin. Could it be that jacob is the 'essence' of the island?

Sapphire
Sat, 03-15-2008, 12:50 PM
I theorize that Jacob and the random smoke monster thing from like two seasons ago are interlinked, but I have nothing further on that.

As for his theory. It's freaking scary as heck. That means Ben could possibly do anything he wants, given resources (and yes he does have the resources, he faked the plane crash with like 300 dead bodies) and that Ben is pretty much the most powerful character in the series up to date, unless you count Jacob, and no one knows who or what he is.

Haven't they done the whole flashback flashforward thing before? Either way, it was confusing. It's always possible that Sun thought Jin died, like he got shot or something in the midst of a battle (this also explains how Kate might have the baby and Jack is hellbent on never going back.

I also guess the people who are stalking Hugo are working for Penny's dad. What ever happened to Dharma, the ring future telling lady who talked to Desmond, and the physic who talked to Clair?