PDA

View Full Version : Krb; our great admin

Deadfire
Mon, 01-30-2006, 12:03 AM
Want to know why nearly 6000 posts were deleted along with 1000+ posts threads? Well, Krb decided to delete Mut@chi's permbanned account out of spite which consequently made all his posts and threads vanish.

http://www.rolleyes.net/krbitchass.htm

Thread moved to Announcements. / Terra

anphorus
Mon, 01-30-2006, 12:09 AM
While I agree that the loss of such large threads is regretable, I must say that this probably isn't the best way to go about this. You don't want to get yourself banned and we other posters don't want to see you banned and, in my experience, insulting an admin isn't the best idea, under any circumstances.

Assertn
Mon, 01-30-2006, 12:11 AM
I'm just trying to figure out why I'm still de-modded.

Board of Command
Mon, 01-30-2006, 12:21 AM
Hmm so that's where the picture thread went.

DO
Mon, 01-30-2006, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by: anphorus
While I agree that the loss of such large threads is regretable, I must say that this probably isn't the best way to go about this. You don't want to get yourself banned and we other posters don't want to see you banned and, in my experience, insulting an admin isn't the best idea, under any circumstances.

Hey pussy shit

turn off the proxy and come on IRC.

Assertn
Mon, 01-30-2006, 12:25 AM
http://www.gotwoot.net/irc/

we'll see you as "WebUserXXX" so change your name to the one you use in the forums by typing
/nick myusername

complich8
Mon, 01-30-2006, 12:30 AM
gawd. I know this shitstorm is just starting, but I'm already getting sick of hearing about it.

Zinobi
Mon, 01-30-2006, 12:45 AM
so thats what happened.....

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 01-30-2006, 01:03 AM
This is total bullshit. I don't see why this type of personal matter has to become a community issue either through ignorance or just plain spite. Not fucking cool at all.

Phoenix20578
Mon, 01-30-2006, 01:50 AM
I give this thread one day before it "mysteriously disappers"

Zinobi
Mon, 01-30-2006, 01:56 AM
New shocking info has been revealed! scroll to the bottom of this page: New shocking info (http://www.rolleyes.net/krbitchass.htm)

Lefty
Mon, 01-30-2006, 03:05 AM
Great were all stuck in the ultimate my dick is bigger than yours stand off. Someone grow up and let if die once and for all. It's getting to become a rather BIG problem.

complich8
Mon, 01-30-2006, 03:10 AM
I've been thinking that since I first saw the storm clouds on the horizon.

masamuneehs
Mon, 01-30-2006, 03:25 AM
explanation was actually need. but i don't think the title of the topic should be stated in this way. The proper title might have been, "Why some topics are gone." or, "About Deleted Threads." As it is now, with this title dumb idiots and noobs who are confused will still be making "OMG! What happened to Gotwoot!??11" threads...

Also, this would be a topic that would best be handled by an admin (not calling anyone out here) and posted in "Announcements"

RE-editted (for reasons of self-protectioni/expressions/rolleye.gif )

Kraco
Mon, 01-30-2006, 04:18 AM
It's a harsh world. The wired world.

Terracosmo
Mon, 01-30-2006, 04:25 AM
The threads... god, a backup better exist for all this.

And Krb needs to write the best excuse ever to avoid losing adminship for this.

Edit: Make that "to avoid losing all kind of power, ever".

Edit2: Moving this thread to Announcements.

Knives122
Mon, 01-30-2006, 12:27 PM
Am I the only one that kinda finds this is all funny?

You guys have to appreciate whatever irony is in this...

Ero-Fan
Mon, 01-30-2006, 12:43 PM
I find it funny and kinda sad at the same time.
Anyways..

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
The threads... god, a backup better exist for all this.

And Krb needs to write the best excuse ever to avoid losing adminship for this.

Edit: Make that "to avoid losing all kind of power, ever".

Edit2: Moving this thread to Announcements.

So, is it gonna be a publicly written excuse or a private one for the admins only?
Also, how long does he have to give an excuse?

Assertn
Mon, 01-30-2006, 01:01 PM
If you guys get too pushy, this thread will end up deleted by the end of the day.

Kraco
Mon, 01-30-2006, 01:01 PM
Admins and mods should never apologise that kind of things to the public, nor make excuses, and especially not accuse each other of anything in public. In Private forums for mods/admins they should discuss rules and conventions.

Forums are not a democracy, and what happens, that happens. If the site owner is not happy, he can kick out any admins or mods. If he's happy, then everything's going as planned, no matter what the general public thinks.

This is my opinion, and the reason why I don't think this is such a big deal. (The other reason being the fact I haven't been here for that long a time, and probably hadn't too many posts in the deleted threads...)

Ero-Fan
Mon, 01-30-2006, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by: Kraco
Admins and mods should never apologise that kind of things to the public, nor make excuses, and especially not accuse each other of anything in public. In Private forums for mods/admins they should discuss rules and conventions.

Forums are not a democracy, and what happens, that happens. If the site owner is not happy, he can kick out any admins or mods. If he's happy, then everything's going as planned, no matter what the general public thinks.

This is my opinion, and the reason why I don't think this is such a big deal. (The other reason being the fact I haven't been here for that long a time, and probably hadn't too many posts in the deleted threads...)

Just because the forum is not a democracy doesn't mean you shouldn't listen to the opinions of the masses. I don't know how the current admins feel about it, but in general I would try to keep the masses (the normal, non-stupid ones) happy. Its not really a forum if you piss everyone off so that they leave and your left with about 3 people posting. Then again, you could always rely on the influx of noobs that break the rules and generally don't contribute anything at all. If the people want blood, let them have blood! i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif
Edit: I meant of course reasonable demands, not the outlandish ones that seem to get tossed around or the ones that defy the laws of fusetalk capabilities.

KitKat
Mon, 01-30-2006, 06:18 PM
I agree with Kraco. There are some things in which everyone should be involved, and there are some things which should be left to the administration. Things like what new anime series forums should be created for discussion are issues to which everyone can contribute, with a predictable outcome. Things like this situation need to be dealt with by the admins. They don't need all of us telling them, 'Oh it's so terrible that all those posts disappeared! We're all shocked and appalled, and we want something done about it!" I'm pretty sure they understand the situation. What outcome they choose is up to them to decide. And really, how much difference does it actually make? This is an anime forum, not the Bureau of Records. I'm sure life will go on, even without the picture thread.