PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Questions /anwser arena

drims
Sun, 01-29-2006, 03:37 PM
I have seen alot of people ask alot of questions about naruto in others topics,,, maybe it would be better to have a questions place for naruto where others who have the anwsers can help?..

I have some

1. Any one know which episode is the one were kabuto shows the ninfo card on naruto? i think ther was one so maybe we could know narutos stats.

2. Is it true that naruto went easy on sasuke in their last battle and stoped the rasengan while sasuke kept goin with chidori?

3. any one know the exact date of ending of fillers, when the game comes out (for all systems) and when the movies come out?

4.how does jiraiya n akatsuki have all this info on oro ( ero sennnin knew about his body-soul switchin jutsu and his 3 year time period and some how akatsuki knew of oro and him getting sharingan.)

5.And lastly didnt you think the last filler episode of the whole ichiruka ramen thing was so badly done !

any one know?

el_boss
Sun, 01-29-2006, 04:56 PM
1 d0n7 k|V0VV VVh47 U R 74|_k1|V9 43|_|7.

If you are going to take the time to write a post like this, why can't you make sure that the language is somewhat correct? Even if it takes 5 seconds less to write it like this, it will be harder for others to comprehend what you are trying to say.

From the rules thread (stop doing this):
"Horrible grammar/spelling/AOL talk
You don't have to have the best grammar or have no spelling errors, but do make the effort to write something that's semi-coherent and legible. If you keep posting like you hate the English language, we will murder you."

anphorus
Sun, 01-29-2006, 05:16 PM
I think a topic like this is probably a good idea. It's a shame the first post was so illegible. As I am utterly bored I have taken the time to translate it.

Originally posted by: drims
I've seen a lot of people ask a lot of questions about Naruto in other topics. Maybe this board should have a questions place for Naruto where others, who know the answer, can help?

I have some to start off.

1. Anyone know which episode Kabuto shows the info card of Naruto? I think there was one, so maybe we could know Naruto's ninja stats.

2. Is it true that Naruto went easy on Sasuke in the last battle and stopped the Rasengan, while Sasuke kept going with his Chidori?

3. Anyone know the exact date the fillers end? Also, does anyone know when the Naruto game comes out (for all systems) and when the movies come out?

4. How do Jiraiya and Akatsuki have all this information on Orochimaru? (Ero Sennin knew about his mind switching jutsu and his 3 year time limit and some how Akatsuki knew about Oro gettin sharingan.)

5. An lastly didn't you think the last filler episode (the whole "Ichiruka ramen thing) Was badly done?

In the proud tranditions of anime translating everywhere, I was considering changing one of the questions to either "Hammer Time!" or "It isn't over 'till the fat Lady sings!" but I decided against that. Two internets to whoever gets that reference.

Now to the answerin'!

2. No. No it isn't/
3. They end in March 2006. that's all anyone knows for sure.
4. They both have spies in Orochimaru's organisation. Jiraya himself says this at one point.
5. There's already a topic on this (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=4&threadid=17279&enterthread =y), but yes.

Assertn
Sun, 01-29-2006, 05:50 PM
It was Sasuke that went easy on Naruto with the chidori.

darkmetal505
Sun, 01-29-2006, 07:09 PM
for number 4:

they know because they are ninjas. They go around and scout and recieve information. Also, they are best buddies so they tell each other info. This thread should also be moved to open disscussion because it will be difficult to answer some questions without spoiling (as with this question).

Jadugar
Sun, 01-29-2006, 07:29 PM
I have got a question.

What brand of cigarettes does Asuma smoke?

el_boss
Sun, 01-29-2006, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by: Jadugar
You sure those are cigarettes? I mean they are from the hidden "leaf" village after all.

banggendi
Sun, 01-29-2006, 08:41 PM
i just wanna ask, what does kun,chan means! they added this word after the names, like naruto-kun

Deadfire
Sun, 01-29-2006, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by: banggendi
i just wanna ask, what does kun,chan means! they added this word after the names, like naruto-kun

It's a part of their langange it's marking their position compared to the speaker

Correct use of titles is considered very important in Japan. Calling somebody by just their name, without adding a title, is called yobisute literally "call and throw away", and is considered very bad manners unless the person has given you permission.

Although titles are usually added to names, there are some exceptions. They are not usually used when talking about a family member, or another member of one's "in-group", to someone from outside the group. Inside a group such as a company, the members use titles such as san towards each other. However, when talking to people from outside their company, they do not use the titles when referring to each other. This applies even to superiors. For example, the receptionist, when talking to the company president, will certainly use a title such as shachM or Maeda-sama. However, when referring to the president when talking to outsiders, the same receptionist will simply refer to Maeda, without any title. Honorific titles are also usually dropped when referring to historical figures, although awarded titles, such as military titles, are sometimes used.

San

San is the most common honorific title, used when addressing most social outsiders, for example, non-family members. San is used unless the addressee's status warrants one of the other terms mentioned below.

San is often translated as "Mr.", "Ms.", "Mrs.", and the like. San may also be used in combination with things other than the name of the person being addressed. For example, a bookseller might be addressed as honya-san "Mr. Bookseller", and a butcher as nikuya-san "Ms. Butcher".

San is also used when talking about entities such as companies. For example, the offices or shop of a company called Kojima denki might be referred to as "Kojima Denki-san" by another nearby company. This may be seen on the small maps often used in phone books and business cards in Japan, where the names of surrounding companies are written using san.

San is also applied to some kinds of foods. For example, fish used for cooking are sometimes referred to as sakana-san. It is also sometimes applied to animals - a rabbit might be usagi-san.

Both san and its more formal equivalent, sama, imply a kind of familiarity. In formal speech, the title shi may be preferred.

Kun

Kun is an informal and intimate honorific primarily used for males. It is used by superiors in addressing inferiors, by males of roughly the same age and status in addressing each other, and in addressing male children. In business settings young women may also be addressed as kun by older male superiors.

Schoolteachers typically address male students using kun, while female students are addressed as san or chan. The use of kun to address male children is similar to san when addressing the boy's parents. Not using kun would be considered rude, but, like san for one's own family, kun is traditionally not used when addressing one's own children.

In the Diet of Japan, diet members and ministers are called kun by the chairpersons. For example, Junichiro Koizumi is called "Koizumi Jun'ichirM-kun". The only exception is that when Takako Doi was the chairperson of the lower house, she used the san title.

Chan

Chan is the informal, intimate, diminutive equivalent of san, used to refer to children and female family members, close friends and lovers. Chan is also used for adults as a title of affection. For example, Arnold Schwarzenegger gained the nickname Shuwa chan in Japanese. Similar to kun, chan is not necessarily optional when referring to the female children of others, and it is often avoided when referring to one's own children.

Chan is sometimes applied to male children if the name does not fit with the kun suffix. For example, a boy called "Tetsuya" will be nicknamed "Tetchan" rather than "Tekkun" for reasons more to do with phonetics than anything else.

Although it is usually said that honorifics are not applied to oneself, some women refer to themselves in the third person using chan. For example, a young woman named Maki might call herself Maki-chan rather than using a first person pronoun like watashi. Chan is also used for pets and animals, such as usagi-chan.

In the same way that chan is a version of san, there is also chama from sama, typically used for an older person. Non-standard variations of chan include chin (a“, chin?), and tan (_“, tan?).

Senpai and kMhai

Senpai is used by students to refer to or address senior students in an academic or other learning environment, or in athletics and sports clubs, and also in business settings to refer to those in more senior positions. KMhai is the reverse of this. It is used to refer to or address juniors.

Sensei

Sensei is used to refer to or address teachers, practitioners of a profession such as doctors and lawyers, politicians, and other authority figures. It is used to show respect to someone who has achieved a certain level of mastery in an art form or some other skill. For example, Japanese manga fans refer to manga artists using the term sensei, as in Takahashi sensei for manga artist Rumiko Takahashi; the term is used similarly by fans of other creative professionals such as novelists, musicians, and artists. It is also a common martial arts title when referring to the instructor.

Sensei can also be using fawningly, as evinced by adherents in addressing or talking about charismatic business, political, and religious leaders (especially unordained ones). Japanese speakers will also use the term sarcastically to ridicule overblown or fawning adulation, and the Japanese media frequently invoke it (rendered in katakana, akin to scare quotes or italics in English) to highlight the megalomania of those who allow themselves to be sycophantically addressed with the term.

Sama

Sama is the formal version of san. This honorific is used primarily in addressing persons much higher in rank than oneself, and in commercial and business settings to address and refer to customers. It also forms parts of set phrases such as okyaku-sama (customer) or omachidM-sama ("I am sorry to keep you waiting"). Sama also follows the addressee's name on postal packages and letters.

Sama is also often used for people considered to have some high ability or be particularly attractive. If a young man is considered particularly handsome, he might be referred to as Tanaka-sama rather than Tanaka-san by his female admirers. For example, Leonardo DiCaprio has gained the nickname Leo-sama in Japan.

Sama is also used in an arrogant context, as in the arrogant male pronoun ore-sama, "my esteemed self", meaning "I".

Shi

Shi is used in formal writing, and sometimes in very polite speech, for referring to a person who is unfamiliar to the speaker, typically a person who the speaker has never met. For example, the shi title is common in the speech of newsreaders. It is preferred in legal documents, academic journals, and certain other formal written styles because of the familiarity which "san" or "sama" imply. Once a person's name has been used with shi, the person can be referred to with shi alone, without the name, as long as there is only one person being referred to.

banggendi
Sun, 01-29-2006, 09:04 PM
that was great DeadFire!!!! thanks for the info! so what can you say about the dubbed version are they going to follow that culture/formal languange??? if not are they disrespecting it???

ChaosK
Sun, 01-29-2006, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by: el_boss

Originally posted by: Jadugar
You sure those are cigarettes? I mean they are from the hidden "leaf" village after all.

of course the're cigarettes, asuma grows it in his backyard.

aznimperialx
Sun, 01-29-2006, 09:24 PM
Do you really have to watch the fillers to get what's going on right after the filler ends?

Deadfire
Sun, 01-29-2006, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by: aznimperialx
Do you really have to watch the fillers to get what's going on right after the filler ends?

No not at all as the Fillers carry none of the plot or storyline from the manga

aznimperialx
Sun, 01-29-2006, 09:51 PM
when does fillers start?

darkmetal505
Sun, 01-29-2006, 09:58 PM
that was great DeadFire!!!! thanks for the info! so what can you say about the dubbed version are they going to follow that culture/formal languange??? if not are they disrespecting it???

no because its coming from an english perspective. We dont have formal titles (usually).

Deadfire
Sun, 01-29-2006, 09:59 PM
when does fillers start?

I believe it started around episode 136.

XanBcoo
Sun, 01-29-2006, 10:34 PM

Darkmetal is right, since they are intended for an English audience, dubs rarely use Japanese honorifics. What some dubs will do, though, is use a rough translation - like Ms./Mr. for "san" or "little" in place of "chan". Some dubs like Ai Yori Aoshi, however, use Japanese honorifics if the correct use of them is vital to the storyline (In AYA, Aoi calls Kaoru "Kaoru-sama").

What others will do is use a combination of the exact translations and the original Japanese honorifics. A few examples of this are in Naruto (Kakashi is called "sensei" and the Hokage is called "Lord Hokage," but most other honorifics are ignored), and Azumanga Daioh (where Chiyo is called "Chiyo-chan", but Sakaki is called "Miss Sakaki"). Most dubs use the last approach to deal with titles, and it is also my personal favorite.

Yes and no. No, you don't have to watch the fillers because they are just filling a gap (with nonsense) from one point in the story to another. But yes, because they will include ways to bridge that gap, which would not be seen by someone not watching the filler eps. During the "Baka-bros" arc, for example, we learned that Sakura would be training under Tsunade. The anime writers also changed the script slightly during the Idate race arc, making it so that Sasuke was in the hospital because of that gay-ass Jounin, instead of because of Itachi's Tsukiyomi-beatdown.

I don't suggest you watch the fillers. That would be a huge waste of time for such a small amount of info. Rather, read the parts of the manga you will have missed.

wirm
Mon, 01-30-2006, 11:54 AM
I have a quick question relating to the san, chan, kun post (well done, by the way).

When Kazekage (kind of) shows up to watch the end of the Chuunin exam, I think the Hokage addresses him as Kazekage-domo. Any idea what that means?

el_boss
Mon, 01-30-2006, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by: wirm
When Kazekage (kind of) shows up to watch the end of the Chuunin exam, I think the Hokage addresses him as Kazekage-domo. Any idea what that means?
It was probably "dono" which means something like mister. I think this is pretty high on the title scale.

"Domo" on the other hand is short for "Domo Arigatou" and the quivalent of thanks. I think it's also used too greet people, it's rather informal though if i'm not mistaken.

anphorus
Mon, 01-30-2006, 12:53 PM
It is my understanding that "Domo Arigatou" means "thank you very much" as either Domo or Arigatou on there own can be used as thank you. "Domo" means both thank you and hello. Leading to the hilarious pun in bleach wher Aizen says "Domo, Unohana Taicho" which can mean either "Hello Captain Unohana" or "Thank You Captain Unohana" which is hilarious in the context. Anyways I'm rambling.

Dono is (I think) something that you would use to greet someone who is very high up, but on a par with you if that makes sense. Or something, I'm no deadfire thats for damn sure.

Divinity
Mon, 01-30-2006, 12:58 PM
2. is it true that naruto went ez on sasuke in the last battle n stoped the rasengan while sasuke kept goin with chidori?

I think if Sasuke didn't wear his headguard, he woulda got hurt badly or died.

anphorus
Mon, 01-30-2006, 01:02 PM
Unless Sasuke is so weak that he is capable of dying from a slight scratch to the forehead (remember that the metal plate would stick out further than the skin) I sincerely doubt it. You might've had a case if Naruto had split the headband in two or something, but as it stands, no.

el_boss
Mon, 01-30-2006, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by: anphorus
It is my understanding that "Domo Arigatou" means "thank you very much" as either Domo or Arigatou on there own can be used as thank you. "Domo" means both thank you and hello.
This is how I have understood it to be. Ranking the grade of "thankful-ness" from lowest too highest.

Domo
Arigatou
Domo arigatou
Arigatou gozaimasu
Domo arigatou gozaimasu

Deadfire
Mon, 01-30-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by: wirm
I have a quick question relating to the san, chan, kun post (well done, by the way).

Well the Hokage addresses him as Kazekage-dono. Dono (not domo although sounds almost the same) roughly means lord. Although it's werid to see it be used as this title is no longer used in daily conversation, though it is still used in some types of written business correspondance. It is also seen on drug prescriptions, certificates and awards, and in written correspondence in tea ceremonies.

So yes El_Boss and anphorus are right

It is my understanding that "Domo Arigatou" means "thank you very much" as either Domo or Arigatou on there own can be used as thank you. "Domo" means both thank you and hello.
This is how I have understood it to be. Ranking the grade of "thankful-ness" from lowest too highest.

Domo
Arigatou
Domo arigatou
Arigatou gozaimasu
Domo arigatou gozaimasu

"arigatou gozaimasu" is technically the full expression. Adding "domo" adds the "very," as in "thank you very much." This makes the expression more polite.

Dropping the gozaimasu, that is, saying simply "arigatou," is essentially like changing "thank you" to "thanks." It sounds more personal and less formal.

"domo" alone is even shorter than "arigatou" and drops the actual "thanks" word itself entirely, making it even less formal.

However, "domo arigatou" simply doesn't make sense in 99% of situations. It sounds about as clumsy as "very thanks" does in English. So it's less a politeness thing, as in "don't say domo arigatou to your superior" than "don't really say it at all because it sounds wierd." So it goes

domo arigatou gozaimasu
arigatou gozaimasu
arigatou
domo

XanBcoo
Mon, 01-30-2006, 04:13 PM
My favorite use of "dono" is in Rurouni Kenshin. Kenshin calls Kaoru "Kaoru-dono", roughly meaning "lady Kaoru."

He's such a polite dood.

Kraco
Mon, 01-30-2006, 04:17 PM
What did Sanosuke call her?

XanBcoo
Mon, 01-30-2006, 04:26 PM
Something that translated to "the missy" in the dub. I can't remember exactly.

anphorus
Mon, 01-30-2006, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by: XanBcoo
My favorite use of "dono" is in Rurouni Kenshin. Kenshin calls Kaoru "Kaoru-dono", roughly meaning "lady Kaoru."

He's such a polite dood.

At least, until he goes all Battosai on people. Then he just starts using slang and insults left right and center.

Kraco
Mon, 01-30-2006, 05:17 PM
Something that translated to "the missy" in the dub. I can't remember exactly.

Yeah, I also remembered the translation, although it could have been "missus"... Actually that's exactly why I asked: I was wondering what that could have been originally in Japanese. I don't remember if I tried to really catch it, or if I just couldn't.

Turkish-S
Mon, 01-30-2006, 06:11 PM
i'm 5 epi's behind with naruto. am i missing something..??

Splash!
Tue, 01-31-2006, 01:09 PM
the latest filler episode was pretty decent and they seemed to be getting at something. Other than that, you are not really missing anything

banggendi
Tue, 01-31-2006, 08:56 PM
guys im just wondering how kabuto go through in second exam in chuunin exam since he never shown in exam 1 (quiz)?. and the exam must be in a group/team, where is his teamates? do you know who are they??

darkmetal505
Tue, 01-31-2006, 09:02 PM
guys im just wondering how kabuto go through in second exam in chuunin exam since he never shown in exam 1 (quiz)?. and the exam must be in a group/team, where is his teamates? do you know who are they??

um... i cant really understand what you are trying to say, but ill take a crack at it. Kabuto was shown before the 1st exam actually started, he got hit by dosu's punch, remember. They dont necessarily have to show him for him to pass, a lotta teams werent shown. Yes, you do get to find out who his teammates are, but I guess you arent far enough yet.

By the way, fix your grammar.

Kyuuzou
Tue, 01-31-2006, 09:36 PM

Kabuto fought alone side Sakura, Naruto and Sasuke 2 get through the exam...His teamates weren't with him they caugh up with him before they entered the exam. Was that what you were wondering about or something else???

banggendi
Tue, 01-31-2006, 09:52 PM
thanks for the response!!!sorry for my bad english!!! yeah just curios about it!!!!!!! i just think since he is 7 times taking that exam (if im not mistaken)he is exempt for the quiz exam...

banggendi
Tue, 01-31-2006, 10:14 PM
is naruto airs everyday in japan??

anphorus
Tue, 01-31-2006, 10:20 PM
Definatly not. Unless you mean with reruns then I dunno, but there is one new episode every week.

banggendi
Tue, 01-31-2006, 10:23 PM
oic thanks!!!!! im just keep on waiting for the next!!

banggendi
Fri, 02-03-2006, 08:44 PM
hey guyz!!!! just wanna know about fillers??? what is that???? sorry for the question...coz im totally clueless!!!!

Deadfire
Sat, 02-04-2006, 12:47 AM
hey guyz!!!! just wanna know about fillers??? what is that???? sorry for the question...coz im totally clueless!!!!

When the anime series gets too close to the manga series fillers will be aired instead of stories coming from the manga.These usually suck, but allowing the manga to go on ahead. It is also noted that the manga artist is not involved with these fillers as he didn't write them.

banggendi
Sat, 02-04-2006, 12:59 AM
tnx! now i know, so fillers sucks

1. Please stop using so many exclamation marks. Its extremely annoying.
2. Use the edit button, and don't double post. Consider this a warning.

Gotwoot Moderator

drims
Sat, 02-04-2006, 02:02 PM
hmm not all fillers suck. the filler episode 101 was pretty funny and the jigoku ones were not bad either...
well heres my question/request
1 .Can any one get me a picture of the scroll that has the names of those able to summon frog (the one with the 4ths names, naruto and jiraiya)
maybe we can read out the 4ths name?
I have heard rumors that his name is translated as arashi uzumaki from other naruto forums, but i've also heard that all the names are really messy...
maybe if if its possible to compare the letters of uzumaki from naruto's signature to the 4ths to see if the lettering and writing style is close enough to say they are/or not the same name(uzumaki)?, and finally end the rumors of whether or not the 4th is related to naruto.

Assertn
Sat, 02-04-2006, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by: Deadfire

No not at all as the Fillers carry none of the plot or storyline from the manga

This isn't entirely true.
Of the whole filler stretch, I can recall 2 episodes that contained manga content, however only 1 of those 2 were vital content.

drims: We've gone through all that back when that episode first aired. The name is meant to be unreadable, so as to not allow any conclusions to be drawn about the 4th hokage.

Deadfire
Sat, 02-04-2006, 03:08 PM
I don't really understand what you are askings so I'll answer as best as possible, but stop making a habit of writing like this. This isn't a forum that has many active members that understand poor writing, spelling and grammer skills

What is the 4th's name?

Yondaime, this is said during the series during the battle between the 3rd and oro's versions of the 1st and 2nd. It is not how ever pointed out that technically Yondaime's birth name has not been revealed in the manga or in the anime, so the only name he has is "Yondaime". Yondaime is not only a name but a superstitious pun that makes reference to his fate in the Naruto series. The pun will make more sense if you have knowledge with certain Asian languages. In both Chinese (mostly Cantonese), Korean, and Japanese there are these superstitious number puns. The numbers sound like other words in the language and are sometimes used in combination with other numbers to make a phrase. For example "Yondaime". The thing that makes Yondaime "unlucky" is because of the number four. Four in Chinese, Korean, and Japanese sound like the word "death". Yondaime having the number 4 in his name while utilizing other words that sound like the number "four", basically implies that he's dead, that he should be dead, or other various notions relating to death. To make things worse, in Cantonese if you call him "dai sei" it also means something relating to death, however ... i'm not translating that.

The other Hokage could also be considered a superstitious puns. For example (Note these are written in refrence to the Cantonese dialect.)

* Ichi for Shodaime - 1 sounds like a word which means "guaranteed". In other words, Shodaime's goal of establishing the Konoha village was "guaranteed"/successful.
* Nidaime - 2 sounds like a word which means "easy". Since there isn't any information regarding Nidaime's 'extroardinary feats' if there are any, it is safe to assume that while he was in Konoha, his job as considered "easy".
* Sandaime - 3 sounds like words which mean "birth" and other words which make reference to life. Sandaime was also the one who gave "life" to the people in Konoha by providing them a long period of peace in their village.

What are the names of the people that have signed the Gamambunta scoll?

My memory on that subject is lacking it seems that I only saw three names Yondaime, Jiraiya and Naruto. there are more on there but i didn't look at it hard.

Yondaime and Naruto what is the relation?

*sigh* this Forum has asked me not to say anything until the relation between the two is reveiled. I'm going to hold to that and not say really anything about it. I will say that Yondaime's last name (or real name for that matter) has not been told to us yet, so there should be no ties what so ever at this point.

XanBcoo
Sat, 02-04-2006, 03:56 PM
He's also a mute, according to Narutimet Hero 3 i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif.

el_boss
Sat, 02-04-2006, 04:03 PM
Did Kakashi train under Yondaime? I don't know why but I have always had the impression that he did. Mayby I'm just remembering incorrectly though.

XanBcoo
Sat, 02-04-2006, 04:09 PM
It's logical to assume Kakashi's Jounin sensei was the Fourth. During the Third's fight against Oro when it's showing the scenes of all the characters, it shows the Fourth with Kakashi and two other students standing around him. It also shows at some point a photograph of that same scene (which is similar to the one Kakashi has of Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke). Though the photograph might have only been an early chapter break in the manga - I'm not sure.

el_boss
Sat, 02-04-2006, 04:38 PM
Yes thats what I thought. But the thing that made me doubt was that Kakashi was in the snow country in the first movie.

So the chain goes: Sarutobi > Yiraiya > Yondaime > Kakasi > Naruto

Do we know who trained Sarutobi?

@Deadfire: So what does Godaime mean?

The Heretic Azazel
Sat, 02-04-2006, 04:50 PM
I don't think even God is old enough to have trained Sarutobi.

But my half-assed shot at an answer would be the 1st

drims
Sat, 02-04-2006, 05:08 PM
Are there certain important facts in the fillers that actually relate to the real episodes?
Any facts that we should know of for when the real Naruto episodes starts again?

Like is sakura goin to be training with Tsunade? (like it is says in the fillers)

anphorus
Sat, 02-04-2006, 05:20 PM
@elboss: All I know is that Godaime means "5th", but that probably/definatly isn't what you meant.

Sarutobi was trained by both the first and second hokages if I remember correctly. And Yondaime definately is not mute. For one, how else could he have communicated all that "Naruto being a hero" stuff.

@drims: I can't say much due to fear of spoilerfercation, plus I've been avoiding the fillers like the plague since Curry of Life (although I'm watching this current arc), but Sakura definatly trains with Tsunade in the manga.

drims
Sat, 02-04-2006, 05:57 PM
Some more questions...

When orochimaru gives people the curse seal he uses the hand seal same as haku. . so does this mean this is oro's special bloodline limit, or of a body he took? Is that hand seal only for advanced bloodlines or what?

Deadfire
Sat, 02-04-2006, 06:03 PM
@Deadfire: So what does Godaime mean?

five sounds like the word "not". So when five appears in front of a lucky number, e.g. 58, the result is considered unlucky.

Some more questions...

When orochimaru gives people the curse seal he uses the hand seal same as haku. . so does this mean this is oro's special bloodline limit, or of a body he took? Is that hand seal only for advanced bloodlines or what?

Um.... he doesn't use the same hand seals at all... and I don't think he does for that jutsu. anyways it's not known in the scope of the series.

el_boss
Sat, 02-04-2006, 06:04 PM
@Deadfire: So Tsunade's thing is that she is "not" a real hokage or that she doesn't deserve the position, or what?

And Yondaime definately is not mute. For one, how else could he have communicated all that "Naruto being a hero" stuff.
It's wierd but I have some faint notion that he is mute. I have nothing to base this on and I haven't played the game. I really don't know why I have gotten this notion.

Sarutobi was trained by both the first and second hokages if I remember correctly.
Then I have some proof for my new far fetched theory.i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

"The Chain"
Nidaime > Sarutobi > Yiraiya > Yondaime > Kakashi > Naruto

As you can see every other guy has something very important in common. Guessed it?... They all have white hair. Coincidence? I think not.

Deadfire
Sat, 02-04-2006, 06:11 PM
"The Chain"

As you can see every other guy has something very important in common. Guessed it?... They all have white hair. Coincidence? I think not.

Well I think of it this way

Shodaime and Nidaime, the first and second Hokage, taught Sandaime. He in turn taught Orochimaru, Jiraiya, and,Tsunade. Jiraiya taught Yondaime as he is the only known member of his team of three. Yondaime's team consisted of Hatake Kakashi, and finally Kakashit taught our hero "Naruto"

@Deadfire: So Tsunade's thing is that she is "not" a real hokage or that she doesn't deserve the position, or what?

No, don't get confused "godaime means 5th. The number's langange pun's is what I'm refering too.. besides we know that she is very unlucky

el_boss
Sat, 02-04-2006, 06:22 PM

Shodaime and Nidaime, the first and second Hokage, taught Sandaime. He in turn taught Orochimaru, Jiraiya, and,Tsunade. Jiraiya taught Yondaime as he is the only known member of his team of three. Yondaime's team consisted of Hatake Kakashi, and finally Kakashit taught our hero "Naruto"
lol you wrote "kakashit".i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif I seriously can't stop laughing, it fits in so perfectly. Looks like you're taking a swing at Kakashi. But isn't your chain the same as mine? Well except that you mentioned all the sannin.

No, don't get confused "godaime means 5th. The number's langange pun's is what I'm refering too.. besides we know that she is very unlucky
Oh ok I get it now. I didn't see the connection with the 58 thing at first.

Assertn
Sun, 02-05-2006, 03:09 PM
Are there certain important facts in the fillers that actually relate to the real episodes?
Any facts that we should know of for when the real Naruto episodes starts again?

Like is sakura goin to be training with Tsunade? (like it is says in the fillers)

There's that, and then there's a few scenes from the beginning of that bikouchou (sp?) arc, where Neji is training with Hyuga Hiashi, and Sakura revives a dead fish. The sakura/tsunade thing is the only part of real importance so far though.

XanBcoo
Sun, 02-05-2006, 04:14 PM
And Yondaime definately is not mute. For one, how else could he have communicated all that "Naruto being a hero" stuff.
Yeah...I was only joking. In the game, because Yondaime has never been in the anime, they didn't choose a voice actor for his character. So he's all mysterious and never speaks. I'm quite sure he was not a mute though.

Mastercus
Wed, 03-01-2006, 08:04 AM

"The Chain"

Yup i noticed that both your theories/chain are exactly the same. And for those who are still confused and have no idea who the people in the chains are and need some visual reference, try this web site.

Spoiler removed.
Rule # 11. No spoiling WHATSOEVER. Spoilers are to be kept to manga/open discussion threads, or PM's.

This includes links to pages containing material not yet covered in the anime. You can post this in an Open Discussion thread or in the Manga thread, but not in the Naruto anime forum.

Consider this a verbal warning.

Please read the RULES (http://forums.gotwoot.net/categories.cfm?catid=58&entercat=y) before posting again.

GotWoot Moderator

Mastercus
Wed, 03-01-2006, 09:48 AM
Many appologises to the Mod. Will be more careful next time.

Well back to the topic. Anyone remember the scene where Sandaime(Sarutobi) was fighting Orochimaru and he used Yondaime's seal to seal Orochimaru's hands? How is it that Yondaime managed to seal the fox into Naruto when he was a baby???? Did Yondaime bring Naruto to the fight with the 9 Tailed Fox??

Tonsus
Fri, 03-03-2006, 01:43 AM
The best explination I can think of this is that the Yondaime used a slightly different variation of the sealing jutsu (I'm pretty sure that the Sandaime mentions this during the fight with Orochimaru), so considering this, and the Yondaime's enormous power he probably could've had the strength to seal the Kyuubi into baby Naruto.

Also, for those with more questions, www.leafninja.com (http://www.leafninja.com) has tons of information (their Connections Guide alone is a sight to behold), and it just might answer your questions.

Mastercus
Fri, 03-03-2006, 06:29 AM
Did Sandaime mention that he used a different variation of the seal??? I don't rememeber that being said. Oh and one more thing i dont think Sandaime's power is much less than Yondaime's as Sadaime is Yondaime's sensai and don't forget they were both Hokage.

P.S. Really appreciate the link but i think that the Mods would caterogise it as a spoiler link. Thus my advise is to edit it away. see what happened to my link in the previous page.

NineTailsKitsu
Fri, 03-03-2006, 11:38 AM
No, Sandaime and Yondaime were not equal in power, actually they were nowhere close to one another. BTW, Jiraiya was Yondaime's Sensei, not Sandaime. Yondaime was known as "The yellow Flash" whereas Sandaime was known as "The Professor", the reason for this is that Yondaime was a true prodigy with tremendous skill. While Sandaime was very skilled, his expertise was in his knowledge of Jutsus rather than his raw potential. It was never specified whether or not he used a variation seal, but my theory on that would be spoiler-ridden, and mostly theoretical, so....

As for the link, Leaf Ninja has a bracket at the top that says what areas of its website has Spoilers and what doesn't, so I wouldn't necessarily view it as a spoiler link.

kooshi
Fri, 03-03-2006, 01:40 PM
That LeafNinja site is quite safe. They tell the users which links are considered light, medium, or heavy spoilers for the anime viewers (if you look at the color coding they do).

As for the difference in the sealing technique the Third and Fourth, the seal patterns are clearly different. I'd post the pictures of Naruto's seal and the Third's seal, but I'm at a school, so that might have to wait for later.

Ero-Fan
Fri, 03-03-2006, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by: kooshi
That LeafNinja site is quite safe. They tell the users which links are considered light, medium, or heavy spoilers for the anime viewers (if you look at the color coding they do).

As for the difference in the sealing technique the Third and Fourth, the seal patterns are clearly different. I'd post the pictures of Naruto's seal and the Third's seal, but I'm at a school, so that might have to wait for later.

Cause I was bored and at work, the leaf website had them and I ganked the seals off of there.
First, Naruto's:
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/7052/sealnaruto4bx.gif

Second, the Third's:
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/841/sealhokage7fd.gif

I'm not exactly sure what the difference could mean, but they are different.
Edit: My best guess would be that the 4th invented two techniques using the death god, one for sealing a soul in another body and one for sealing a soul in yourself. If that's right, either way the user dies, so I would guess that one is much easier to perform than the other (the sealing a soul in another body one), since that was the one used on the kyubi. Its all a guess, since it hasn't been explained anywhere yet.

Mastercus
Sat, 03-04-2006, 09:36 AM
I have taken a look at the site and have seen the variations in the seal. I guess it is correct to say that my question has been mostly answered. Thanks to all who have contributed to answering my question. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

poopdeville
Tue, 03-07-2006, 05:37 AM

He's such a polite dood.

Oro?

"Both Kenshin's name and his semi-nonsensical exclamation "oro" are tributes to Watsuki's favorite comedian, Ken Shimura. As used by Shimura and Watsuki, "oro" expresses surprise or dismay, based on the similar exclamation "ara" (generally considered feminine). As proper Japanese vocabulary, "oro" only exists as a word for lochia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/lochia)."

From en.wikipedia.org/wiki/rouroni_kenshin