PDA

View Full Version : Yomigaeru Sora ~Rescue Wings~

Munsu
Sat, 01-28-2006, 09:01 PM
Episode 1 by yu:

http://a.scarywater.net/yu/Yom...AC4137C%5D.mkv.torrent (http://a.scarywater.net/yu/Yomigaeru_Sora_-Rescue_Wings-_01_%5Byu%5D%5BXviD-AAC-8AC4137C%5D.mkv.torrent)

"Second Lieutenant, Uchida Kazuhiro, is a new helicopter pilot. However what he really wanted to be was a fighter pilot to fly at supersonic speed in stratosphere. But he faced a harsh reality. During the pilot training, he was transferred to the rescue helicopter course. Now, he is working for the Komatsu Rescue Squad whose mission is only rescue.
At first he is depressed because he is assigned to the position that he doesnt wish. But, joining various missions, for example, rescue of airplane accidents, missing in mountains, earthquakes, and so forth, he gradually thinks it a challenging job. "

http://www.rescue-w.jp/
http://anidb.info/perl-bin/ani...how=anime&aid=4113 (http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=4113)
http://www.animenfo.com/animet...e,yomigaeru_sora_.html (http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,3566,iyilxe,yomigaeru_sora_.html)

Kraco
Sun, 01-29-2006, 04:19 AM
Hmm... Helicopters are cool. I wonder if an anime concentrating on them would be cool as well...

You didn't happen to watch the first episode, did you? If you did, was it any good?

masamuneehs
Tue, 01-31-2006, 01:18 PM
Hm... looks like nobody watched the first episode of this show. Not even you Bud, despite creating this topic?

I DLed Episode 1 a while back, and I was looking for something different so I tried it out. This episode didn't have an opening song/intro. I wonder if the rest will... The ending song wasn't too hot...

However, this looks like a pretty good show sofar. The concept isn't something I've ever imagined before. Most anime focuses on the fighters, the warriors, the MS pilots, the swordsmen, the gunslingers etc etc. "Rescue Wings" has a really novel concept, at least from where I'm sitting. The main character is so obviously in love with jets, but he has to be a rescue helicopter pilot. The minor characters didn't get much screentime, but "Evil Colonel" Hongo and Kosaka, the fighter pilot, struck me as pretty interesting and cool characters.

Episode 1 is not what I would call a "hook" episode. It isn't flashy. It doesn't reel in the viewer and make them say "That first episode was so cool!" This first episode deals with the main character (Uchida) getting situated in the town where his military base is. The landlord, the neighbors, the landlord's hellish dog, messed up deliveries, mother calling to check in on you, phone-tag with the girlfriend, trying to figure out where to eat, meeting your superior officer. Not flashy stuff at all, but very realistic. The show seems to pay attention to all the details that are actually all pretty important.

The animation: Again, realistic character designs. Nobody with blue hair or hair jutting out at impossible angles. The people are all very ordinary Japanese people. The characters are animated well, but it seems that it may be confusing telling them apart, especially when they have flight helmets on...
The action animation. Well, there really wasn't much "fast paced" action to speak of yet. But the animation of the fighter jet taking off was pretty cool and they seem to have an almost CGI animation going with the planes when they are in flight. It's not the crispest or most amazing animation, but all the plane/helicopter movement was done pretty damn well.

The quality of the fansub: I have never heard of Yu fansubs before this. They translated almost everything in sight. The labels on the food, the words on the side of the helicopter, the handwriting on a poster. Minor stuff. I can't really comment on the accuracy of the translation as I don't know Japanese, but it sounded allright to me. There were a couple obvious errors in grammar and a typo in the English sub. As for the visual quality, well it's MKV format and looked pretty damn good. Then again, I am not picky at all when it comes to video quality.

Overall: I would recommend watching this show, especially as a change of pace from all the stereotypical animes out there, especially with Naruto and Bleach both in the midst of fillers... I really need to see more episodes of this show to make a proper judgment call on whether I like it or not.

the RAW for episode 2 is floating out there somewhere, but I figure I'll wait until it is subbed to post here. Also, has anyone heard if any other groups will sub this show?

Kraco
Tue, 01-31-2006, 02:44 PM
Well, I did watch the first episode (like I said, I like nothing better than helicopters. Much cooler than jets). Just didn't remember to post anything here.

Well, that being said, I almost fell asleep watching the first episode. However, I'm not one of those hyper guys addicted to action, so I will certainly keep watching this series. It looks like a very realistic one, without any scifi or fantasy elements (like masamuneehs said, not even in hair styles). However, the chicks look better than in Zipang, which is a good thing (and realistic...). Well, as is evident, I don't have anything concrete to add to masamuneehs' post. If you like Zipang also for other reasons than action, you might like this as well. Although with only one episode out, it's somewhat early to say even this much.

Phoebus
Wed, 02-01-2006, 03:27 AM
have to be honest, never seen so real choppers in a anime/cartoon before...not even in Gundam.....

think this can become a quite good series

Munsu
Wed, 02-01-2006, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs
Not even you Bud, despite creating this topic?

Just because I start a topic it doesn't mean I actually watched the episode... Only created the topic just so that other people get aware that there's a new anime out there, people that usually don't know otherwise...

But, I do have plans on watching it... just not now...

masamuneehs
Sat, 02-11-2006, 06:32 AM
A different group has released episode 1! This one is called ureshi. And I hope that they continue, because episode 2 (RAW) has been out for awhile, but no group seems to be subbing this show...

The link to the Ureshi fansub release of episode 1 can be found here.
http://www.mininova.org/tor/222781

sheva
Sun, 02-12-2006, 02:07 AM
the subgroup [yu] had suddenly posted a 3 ep batch consist of ep1v2,ep2 and ep3...which shocks me coz they suddenly put 3 eps out of nowhere...
yu ep1v2 - ep3 (http://a.scarywater.net/yu/Yomigaeru_Sora_-Rescue_Wings-_01v2-03_%5Byu%5D.torrent)

yallo
Sun, 02-12-2006, 07:55 AM
Hahaha... Geez Bud, you're like becoming the official announcer for new series in Gotwoot!
*grinz*
Sounds like an interesting series. Helicopters, cool!
Has a cool title with a nice ring to it too, heh.
Just hope the subbers do a good job.

masamuneehs
Mon, 02-13-2006, 07:01 AM
Episode 2 and 3 were really pretty good, 3 was flat-out awesome.

They did a really good job, in a show without a war, demons, or your typical anime-villains/conflicts with keeping the tension high. Episode 3 was just chock-full of twists and developments, right up until the very end of the episode. They really don't glorify or exaggerate in this show very much. At first it was sorta cheesy, them saving that one woman right before her car fell in. Then you had Uchida going out of his way to help the survivors, the whole rescuing the cat thing. But then there was the construction worker and the rest of episode 3. Wow.

This show started off very slowly. But if they keep the show at this level I am definetley watching.

The opening theme is so-so. Nothing great or terrible. The animation is really awesome and I'm getting over the character designs. One thing that needs to change is the music, which is subpar.

If you needed another reason to watch this show (which you don't), here's some more tidbits: The VA for Colonel Hongou is none other than Ishizuka Unsho. He was Jet Black in Cowboy Bebop, Quent (the hunter/cop) in Wolf's Rain and in Haiyato Daimon in Mahoromatic. Megumi is voiced by the same person who does Anna Liebert in Monster, and Yuka from Elfen Lied, among other roles.

Anime News Netowork classifies this show as "Mecha, military". That sorta makes me chuckle. Since when did helicopters and planes become mecha? If anything this is a pure drama, set in a military setting.

Kraco
Mon, 02-13-2006, 07:37 AM
Pretty good episodes. Ultra realistic, like masamuneehs said. The characters are also very realistic and behave like you could imagine real people behaving. I don't think series like this are that common. Surely with just human relationship themed shows, but not possibly with a work related theme, like this.

- - spoilers below, if you haven't yet watched the episodes - -

I wonder if Uchida has lost somebody in an earthquake, or didn't he just expect at all to meet such conditions. He seemed quite surprised when he saw the dead construction worker and took very heavily the death of the girl. Hmm... Maybe he still hadn't realised he wasn't going to be a jet pilot but a pilot of a rescue helicopter.

Heh. I wonder if they are saving the first actual conversation between Uchida and Megumi as the climax of the series for a much later episode... Man, I simply can't imagine they could even meet face to face in some episode!

masamuneehs
Tue, 02-21-2006, 10:08 AM
Yes, I am a spamwhore when it comes to series I like, especially when they're underappreciated/ unknown in most of the anime community. So this is yet another shameless bump for a series that is just starting out but that I really think has great potential.

Another group has decided to do subs of Rescue Wings. This group is Froth-Bite, which is at least better known than yu fansubs (i still have no idea who that group is)

Rescue Wings - Episode 1 from Froth-bite (http://a.scarywater.net/f-b/%5BFroth-Bite%5DRescue_Wings_-_01%5B50552AC1%5D.mp4.torrent)

yallo
Wed, 02-22-2006, 12:03 AM
Ooooh Froth-Bite is doing this?
<3 <3 <3
This is -the- version to keep for archiving. ^^
Awesome.

masamuneehs
Sun, 02-26-2006, 09:02 AM
I am such a whore. Bumping this just for a crappy fansub release...

What is taking everyone so long with subbing this show?!? It's driving me nuts!

anyhow, ureshi has released episode 2 (if you even watch their releases)
ureshi - Rescue Wings - Episode 2 (http://a.scarywater.net/ureshii/%5Bureshii%5DRescue_Wings_02%5B4C0566B3%5D.avi.tor rent)

Kraco
Sun, 03-12-2006, 06:46 AM
Unless Masa already became totally nuts, Yu released three next eps all at once:

Episodes 4-6 - Yu (http://a.scarywater.net/yu/Yomigaeru_Sora_-Rescue_Wings-_04-06_%5Byu%5D.torrent)

Haven't finished the dl yet. I'll post some comments when it's finished, and I know more...

masamuneehs
Sun, 03-12-2006, 04:31 PM
yu seems to be the only one doing this show... oh well, better than nothing!
Episode 7 is out (totally fresh off the press, only 1 seeder right now!)
Rescure Wings episode 7 - yu fansubs (http://a.scarywater.net/yu/Yomigaeru_Sora_-Rescue_Wings-_07_%5Byu%5D%5BXviD-AAC-0CC90417%5D.mkv.torrent)
its .mkv format as usual

suckitdry
Sun, 03-12-2006, 07:36 PM
this anime borring!!!!!1

no fights. no hot chicks. who like watch serious RL shit like this? Nice to look at but want kickass mechz and boobies hanging out

Munsu
Mon, 03-13-2006, 02:48 PM
Go back to watching your Tactical Roar pile of shit.

Just watched the first 2 episodes, really liked it. I'll be waiting for Froth-Bite to release more.

This anime reminds me a bit of PlanetES, which is one of my favorite animes, though it starts fairly goofy at first.

Kraco
Mon, 03-13-2006, 05:53 PM
this anime borring!!!!!1

no fights. no hot chicks. who like watch serious RL shit like this? Nice to look at but want kickass mechz and boobies hanging out

Come back after 5 years. You might then have a different look at this, when you are more mature.

I haven't watched more than the first of the new episodes (ep 4). It was almost straight after the earthquake, I think. Nevertheless, it busted the myth, or a plot sideline, I was thinking this series would have, the one I mentioned earlier (totally unimportant). But anyway, it did continue the ultra realistic trend, this time with psychology. Well, although I say ultra realistic, I felt Uchida's trauma was a bit too emphasized, even if it was as much an indentity crises as stress over the death of the girl.

It'll be interesting to see what the next episodes present... Hopefully nothing oen...

masamuneehs
Mon, 03-13-2006, 06:21 PM
It'll be interesting to see what the next episodes present... Hopefully nothing oen...

It certainly would be have been oen if Megumi had never shown up (she's also shown in the opening). Haha, oen. That part of the episode certainly wasn't LOL funny, but it really was one of those things that happens to everyone at least once in their life, and it was pretty damn humorous.

I hope to get more about the other characters soon. (also only watched ep.4) I love 'Evil' Colonel, and the rest of the squad seems to be a pretty diverse group too. I hope they get screentime.

Also, it's fairly obvious that this show won't cater to the simplistic tastes of some younger, less mature (or perhaps just psychotic? I sometimes feel that this fellow Aqua Teen fan is actually just putting on a show...)

Munsu
Mon, 03-13-2006, 07:12 PM
You guys should really watch PlanetES... after 10 or so episodes the show becomes absolutely amazing.

Kraco
Mon, 03-13-2006, 07:37 PM
You guys should really watch PlanetES... after 10 or so episodes the show becomes absolutely amazing.

Heh heh. 81.6% and counting... But thanks for the tip, nonetheless. It's good to hear recommendations, or should I say confirmations, even though it's mostly here already.

Arzen
Mon, 03-20-2006, 03:11 AM
The evil-home papa colonel is one of my favourite characters in the team. The contrast between his stoic behaviour at work and his role as a doting dad at home is particularly amusing.
Kudos to Budweiken for starting this thread cos I love this series alot and it's a huge refreshing change to the usual ridiculously superhuman fare we're accustomed to. It's got an adaptable script good enough for film, audio and print. Plus, no heavy marketing with candy toys and other paraphernalia. Especially candy toys.

Hmm. Excited?

Discussion of raws are not allowed here, spoilers removed

GotWoot Moderator

Munsu
Mon, 03-20-2006, 05:54 AM
Heh heh. 81.6% and counting... But thanks for the tip, nonetheless. It's good to hear recommendations, or should I say confirmations, even though it's mostly here already.
Well hopefully you'll like it, but give it a chance since the first couple of episodes are not as good as the last 16 or so... The atmosphere changes quite suddenly.

As for Rescue Wings, can anyone tell me how good those yu subs are? Remember I'm very picky.

Kraco
Mon, 03-20-2006, 06:06 AM
I have been watching Yu subs all the time, and I don't have any particular complaints. Although I'm not that picky at all, so I suppose it would need to be a ghastly sub to deter me. Oh, I'm not saying Yu would be bad. I think it's good enough.

The episode I watched last was missing kanji letters (in karaoke), and if I have understood correctly that means the packet didn't contain a font, or something like that. I haven't educated myself enough to know how this matroska thing exactly works, and why it doesn't work optimally always. You might know the detail far better than me. But anyway, that was the case.

masamuneehs
Fri, 04-28-2006, 11:35 AM
just watched episode 7. Man this show does such an excellent job of portraying emotions. It's very raw and yet somehow vivid at the same time. It's like meeting a beautiful woman who doesn't wear any makeup but still looks good all the same. ... except, well it's an anime...

oh, and yu fansubs are pretty lowly, (good enough for me though so long as it's not a show with alot of hard to do terms. The one set of terminology, the military ranks and codes, yu does a great job on. Froth-Bite is obviously the best group subbing this series, but I think it's been almost two months since their last release...

speaking of Froth, nobody's posted this link here yet.
FrothBite - Rescue Wings episode 2 - mp4 format (http://a.scarywater.net/f-b/%5BFroth-Bite%5DRescue_Wings_-_02%5B5209FEA5%5D.mp4.torrent)

Kraco
Tue, 06-13-2006, 05:41 AM
Planes drop every day, but rescue helicopters never:

Episode 7-9 batch - Yu (http://a.scarywater.net/yu/Yomigaeru_Sora_-Rescue_Wings-_07-09_%5Byu%5D.torrent)

Now, it had been such a long time that I had no idea anymore what was the last episode I'd watched, and thus I just set the whole thing to dl. Well, it turned out the episode 7 is redundant, unless it's an unmarked version 2. So, remove it or not from the files - your choice.

Edit: Fairly good episodes, although overdramatized. 8&9 are actually the first and last parts of a 2 ep arc. Maybe after all the apocalypse plots of the "normal" animes, the kind of everyday disasters happening in the real life don't feel like much, but honestly I can't see how all the people in the gondola seemingly lost their consciousness when it rocked a little bit... Well, that was the only weak thing, so I suppose it was a fine arc otherwise. A bit upscaled but nothing serious.

Oh, and too little helicopter action...

seanos
Sun, 08-20-2006, 07:00 PM
Yu released 10-12 batch (http://a.scarywater.net/yu/Yomigaeru_Sora_-Rescue_Wings-_10-12_%5Byu%5D.torrent)
Really got to like this series - hopefully won't be waiting as long for next episode :)

Kraco
Mon, 08-21-2006, 10:58 AM
hopefully won't be waiting as long for next episode :)

Heh. Considering this is a 12 episodes series, the wait for the next episode could be long indeed...

For series aiming for high realism the slice of life could be a fitting description, and that also suits this series. There wasn't a strong plot, unless you consider character development a plot of the real life. Still, like seanos said, this was a very likable series, especially so because I like helicopters so much. And furthermore, the last episodes were very intense and interesting.

One more fine series is a thing of the past with this. I certainly wouldn't have minded if this, like so many others, had been a longer one.

seanos
Mon, 08-21-2006, 03:51 PM
Damn .... I would never has guessed that, it seemed like it was just going to get good/better...

Series as a whole was very good I thought, a lot of it was slow moving (not necessarily in a bad way).
It seemed like a 26-episode series, the pace it took was slow, and began character development late on.

masamuneehs
Thu, 09-21-2006, 01:40 AM
cuz this show rocks and froth is the best group subbing it:
Froth-bite _ Rescue Wings _ episode 08 (DVD) (http://www.froth-bite.com/torrent/%5BFroth-Bite%5DRescue_Wings_-_08_DVD%5B92B016C8%5D.mp4.torrent)