PDA

View Full Version : IQ test!

el_boss
Sat, 01-28-2006, 05:15 PM
Have you ever wanted to tell someone that you are smarter than them and have the proof to back it up? Well here is your chance. If everyone here does the test we will once and for all be able to know who the smartest person here is.i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

These are two tests I found. There's not that big of a difference, except that the super one takes a little more time.

Classic IQ test (http://web.tickle.com/tests/uiq/index-pop.jsp?sid=&supp=&z=)

Super IQ test (http://web.tickle.com/tests/superiq/?test=superiqogt)

Posted by Uchiha Barles:

High IQ society IQ tests (http://www.highiqsociety.org/iq_tests/)

My results:
Classic IQ test: 133 (Precision Processor)
Super IQ test: 131 (Imaginative Mastermind)

Deadfire
Sat, 01-28-2006, 06:01 PM
My results:
Classic IQ Test: 144 (Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher)
Super IQ Test: 143

I think I did well

Death BOO Z
Sat, 01-28-2006, 06:09 PM
super test: 131, a bit above avarage, if i remember correctly...

i thought i was smarter than this, now i must sink my sorrow in Carlsberg beer.

oh, woe is me.

Snow*Man
Sat, 01-28-2006, 06:36 PM
I call bullshit! I got 133 on both

I should've done better because i've taken this exact same test i dont know how times and i usually get higher scores!

Assassin
Sat, 01-28-2006, 06:56 PM
then logically it means ur getting stupider.

Zhan
Sat, 01-28-2006, 08:18 PM
my score was 134 on super test..what a damn long test

Arcn3ss
Sat, 01-28-2006, 08:50 PM
If you've ever taken a post secondary psychology course, or even picked up a psychology book and looked up IQ tests, you'd understand that those online IQ tests are useless. Basically, the only way youre gonna know your IQ is to take a registered IQ exam from a registered Psychologist. Even so IQ exams arent a particularly good measure of intellect.

Remember these online IQ tests are the same type of tests that gave SK an IQ over 200 =/ That is reason enough never to take a test like it. Ever.

/me Rains on everyone parade, with the rain of logic

EDIT - My comment isnt directed at everyone, its for the ppl who actually believe in the validity of this test. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

aznimperialx
Sat, 01-28-2006, 09:14 PM
Whats a low low score?

i got a 110 (creative theorists)

boy i felt like a dumbass after i saw all you people post your scores. Wonder if age differs the IQ i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif

DB_Hunter
Sat, 01-28-2006, 09:19 PM
Yes, it does differ according to age.

aznimperialx
Sat, 01-28-2006, 09:23 PM
so im pretty smart for a 14 (15 in 3months) year old?

KoKo37
Sat, 01-28-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by: aznimperialx
Whats a low low score?

i got a 110 (creative theorists)

boy i felt like a dumbass after i saw all you people post your scores. Wonder if age differs the IQ
hmm well this was the list on a different site so I dunno if it matches this one.

IQ 90 / Below Average
IQ 100 / Average
IQ 120 / Superior
IQ 130 / Gifted
IQ 140 / Highly Gifted
IQ 140+/ Genius

I got 118 myself, so your not alone >.>

and it does say on that site that

The intelligence quotient (IQ) measures the ratio of a person's intellectual age to his/her chronological age. Most adult intelligence tests are designed for people who are at least 16 years old. For this reason, if you are younger than 16, your Tickle IQ score might be slightly lower than your "true" IQ
so since im a bit younger then 16 im actually a "Genius" >.>

DB_Hunter
Sat, 01-28-2006, 09:40 PM
Well if it is any help I did an IQ test once and got something 50 or 70... can't remember which one fo the two it was.

Edit: What I do remember is that I was classified as a retard.

Xollence
Sat, 01-28-2006, 09:42 PM
Hehe there's way too many questions, I guess I'll do it when I go to class on monday.

And yeah Arc I remember that lol. Besides I think these online IQ tests are pretty easy compared to the real one. I heard your EQ is more important.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 01-28-2006, 09:43 PM
EQ being...?

aznimperialx
Sat, 01-28-2006, 09:44 PM
guess im not a dumbass. yay

Mr Squiggles
Sat, 01-28-2006, 10:25 PM
Classic IQ test: 131 (insightfull linguist)
Super IQ test: 141(Numerical Logician)

I'm confused, Aren't numerical logician and insightfull linguist like complete oposites? Now what does this say about how accurate these tests are...

Board of Command
Sat, 01-28-2006, 10:50 PM
Super IQ: 131

Didn't bother doing the normal one.

Assertn
Sat, 01-28-2006, 10:59 PM
I think everyone getting above average on the test shows that it's a little skewed, to say the least.

Board of Command
Sat, 01-28-2006, 11:34 PM
I was just gonna say. 131 and 133 seem like very popular scores.

Lefty
Sun, 01-29-2006, 01:38 AM
It took a real IQ test. I scored a 111 on average, verbal was 119, and performace was 98.

el_boss
Sun, 01-29-2006, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
I think everyone getting above average on the test shows that it's a little skewed, to say the least.
It could also be that the people on this forum are generally above average. One reason for the high scores is that our generation has a very good spatial conception (thanks to video-games and such). But of course no one should put too much weight in to what they score, these tests are mostly for fun anyway.

anphorus
Sun, 01-29-2006, 07:04 AM
I got 135 on the super test which is one or two points up from the last test I took.

I think the reason for this range of scores is that many of the kind of people who come on anime forums tend to be geeks. The kind of people who like things like comics, Sci-Fi, Fantasy novels and video games. One thing about geeks is that they (or should I say, we?) tend to be people who have above average IQ's, it's just the way that they(geeks, nerds, whatever you like to say. Although I don't see many biting the heads off of chickens these days) tend to be.

Just like how the majority tend to have pale skin (among those of us who are white) and be either overweight or unhealthly skinny i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

masamuneehs
Sun, 01-29-2006, 07:17 AM
Hmph, i aint taken this test til my hangover clears...

don't expect too much from me though.

Originally posted by: anphorus
I think the reason for this range of scores is that many of the kind of people who come on anime forums tend to be geeks. The kind of people who like things like comics, Sci-Fi, Fantasy novels and video games. One thing about geeks is that they (or should I say, we?) tend to be people who have above average IQ's, it's just the way that they(geeks, nerds, whatever you like to say. Although I don't see many biting the heads off of chickens these days) tend to be.

Just like how the majority tend to have pale skin (among those of us who are white) and be either overweight or unhealthly skinny

i'm not going to pull the "these tests tend to be biased towards upper class white people" card, as I simply haven't seen this test. (also, and I don't believe this to be racist as it was a pretty well confirmed statistic as recently as 3 years ago: white people are, on average, better educated than other groups). However, the unhealthy and "geeky" people might actually use their time to read/watch informative TV/research things on the web that people with lives revolving around sports, social clubs, etc., just don't do as often.

Arcn3ss
Sun, 01-29-2006, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by: anphorus
I got 135 on the super test which is one or two points up from the last test I took.

Just like how the majority tend to have pale skin (among those of us who are white) and be either overweight or unhealthly skinny

Yes, It MUST be that, everyone here is a super nerd and an innate genius. It must have nothing to do with the fact those online tests are full of shit. The percentage of ppl over 130 IQs in the population is like 2%, in any given large population. Its nice to see all of those geniuses gathering at Gotwoot =/

Carnage
Sun, 01-29-2006, 12:30 PM
Dam, I got a 117. Standardized tests suck.......i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 01-29-2006, 01:07 PM
Try this gotwoot: http://www.highiqsociety.org/iq_tests/

Turkish-S
Sun, 01-29-2006, 01:10 PM
97 on the super test.

yea i'm stupid.. got 131 in my own language though..

Originally posted by: Uchiha Barles

got 112 on this one.

Ero-Fan
Sun, 01-29-2006, 01:30 PM
131, And I got pissed off when I answered a question then realized the right answer afterwards. Damnit!

Xollence
Sun, 01-29-2006, 01:43 PM

I got a 121 on this one

KoKo37
Sun, 01-29-2006, 02:52 PM
I got 123 on that one, just 1 point away from being able to qualify for Society.. >.>

YOUR IQ SCORE IS:

A score of 124 or higher is required to qualify for membership in the Society. We encourage you to try again!

el_boss
Sun, 01-29-2006, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by: Arcness
Yes, It MUST be that, everyone here is a super nerd and an innate genius. It must have nothing to do with the fact those online tests are full of shit. The percentage of ppl over 130 IQs in the population is like 2%, in any given large population. Its nice to see all of those geniuses gathering at Gotwoot =/
It's 5%. The 2% refers to people with IQ above 140 or so. Anyway are you saying that the some 10 people that have scored 130 or above here are 2% of the worlds pouplation? I don't see anything wierd about smart people gathering in a place like this. Yes the tests are obviously not 100% accurate, but I would say that anphorus statement holds some truth.

The Heretic Azazel
Sun, 01-29-2006, 03:37 PM
Online IQ tests are bullshit, I'd personally be surprised if half you dumbasses were capable of walking and breathing at the same time.

masamuneehs
Sun, 01-29-2006, 05:11 PM

YOUR IQ SCORE IS:
A score of 124 or higher is required to qualify for membership in the Society. We encourage you to try again!

meh. like i want to join their stupid brainiac club anyway...

Arcn3ss
Sun, 01-29-2006, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by: el_boss

Originally posted by: Arcness
It's 5%. The 2% refers to people with IQ above 140 or so. Anyway are you saying that the some 10 people that have scored 130 or above here are 2% of the worlds pouplation? I don't see anything wierd about smart people gathering in a place like this. Yes the tests are obviously not 100% accurate, but I would say that anphorus statement holds some truth.

I said any given large population, not the world's population. Secondly, I didnt say 2% was the actual number, hence used the word "Like". Its between 5% - 2%, and it varies depending on the particular population. There are some smart people at gotwoot, but very few are at the 130 IQ level. ( not even myself)

Zinobi
Sun, 01-29-2006, 06:21 PM
Classic: Congratulations, Zach!
Your IQ score is 129
Your Intellectual Type is Insightful Linguist. This means you are highly intelligent and have the natural fluency of a writer and the visual and spatial strengths of an artist. Those skills contribute to your creative and expressive mind. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results

i cant take the super iq test i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif it gives me one question and no next button or anything

Originally posted by: Death BOO Z
super test: 131, a bit above avarage, if i remember correctly...

i thought i was smarter than this, now i must sink my sorrow in Carlsberg beer.

oh, woe is me.

how long have you been back????

el_boss
Sun, 01-29-2006, 06:30 PM
Damn that high iq society test was hard. I only got 119. There where alot of words and acronyms that I didn't understand though, since english isn't my main language. And "general knowledge" has nothing to do with IQ in my opinion. Alot of questions on this test had to do with random facts, which was a little annoying.

@Zinobi:: It will automatically skip to the next question when you select an answer.

Zinobi
Sun, 01-29-2006, 06:35 PM
i did but nothing happened i'll try again though
edit: still didnt work

el_boss
Sun, 01-29-2006, 07:00 PM
lol got 113 on the extra difficult IQ test on high iq society. Both these tests are really badly designed, for the purpose of evaluating "raw" IQ. More than half of the questions, you only have a chance of knowing the answer if you have actually read and studied about the subject and know alot of "fancy" words.

@Zinobi: It might have something to do with Active-X or javascript.

anphorus
Sun, 01-29-2006, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by: el_boss
lol got 113 on the extra difficult IQ test on high iq society. Both these tests are really badly designed, for the purpose of evaluating "raw" IQ. More than half of the questions, you only have a chance of knowing the answer if you have actually read and studied about the subject and know alot of "fancy" words.
I agree totally, one of my first reactions in the test was when the "General Knowledge" stuff showed up I just said "whoa, hold it!" Because IQ tests are supposed to, oddly enough, test your intelligence which has little to do with your general knowledge. Intelligence is your capacity to reason, learn and a bunch of other stuff, not your knowledge. Theoretically a child should be able to take this test (or at least a version of this test, I know from experience that they have IQ tests for young children) and yet I doubt any of them would know the pen name of Mark Twain.

Another thing is general knowledge is relative to a country as well. You could ask a British person a question about Martha Stewart that all Americans could answer, yet the British person, in all likelihood, wouldn't even know who she was. Likewise if you asked an American about the Two Ronnies they might not know the answer, whereas almost any British person would.

Another thing is that this test is quite badly designed, the thing that has you comparing different boxes is lined up so that, while you are supposed to figure out the pattern in the first two rows and predict the last box on the final row, this layout could suggest a 3x3 grid type pattern, having to work out things up and down as well as across the way.

Indecently, 135 on the super-hard one there too. I get there or there abouts in every IQ test I've took (along with a real one about 4 years ago which had me at 132).

Xollence
Mon, 01-30-2006, 11:26 AM
Yeah but a lot of those were common knowledge. I guess it was mostly to test whether you can find the connection between the two things and stuff and not to test whether you knew what the things were.

aznimperialx
Mon, 01-30-2006, 11:45 AM
i got a 104 on that high scoceity test

el_boss
Mon, 01-30-2006, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by: Xollence
Yeah but a lot of those were common knowledge. I guess it was mostly to test whether you can find the connection between the two things and stuff and not to test whether you knew what the things were.
The analogies are just a small part of that test, and even on most of them you have to know what the things are to even have a clue for example: "Normandy is to Loire valley as Onatrio is to..." I haven't studied North American geography (which I'm guessing this is) so I don't have the slightest idea what these things are. Does that neccesarily mean that my IQ is low? Not really. That's like me asking you which the fifth largest city in sweden is. Is my IQ higher than yours just because I know this? No, I just happened to have read about this.

Xollence
Mon, 01-30-2006, 12:16 PM
Are all four tests the same for the knowledge part? I'm pretty sure the questions for that section are different for each of the four countries.

---

I just redid the test and choose incorrect answers for almost all of them and it gave me a score of 99. I think speed plays a big part of this test, even if the answers are wrong.

el_boss
Mon, 01-30-2006, 12:42 PM
What four countries? You can choose country?

anphorus
Mon, 01-30-2006, 12:59 PM
No you can choose language. Which, considering the amount of different countries that speak the same languages. (The USA, Caneda, Britain, Ireland, Australia, New Zeland and a few smaller island countries like the Bahamas all have english as their national language.) it doesn't really matter.

To reiterate el_boss' point. If the test asked me and an american about the geography of the USA, I would score lower than him/her, whereas if a question about, say, Scottish geography I would score higher, that doesn't mean that either of us have an IQ higher than the other.

Darknodin
Mon, 01-30-2006, 01:09 PM
That's not a true IQ test... but I did the super one and got 147 "Intuitive Investigator". damn, if that was true it'd be neat!

EDIT: neat... as I was doing it, I thought I sucked but...

YOUR IQ SCORE IS:

Your score places you in the top five percent of the population. This qualifies you for membership in the International High IQ Society.

hehe

Deadfire
Mon, 01-30-2006, 03:36 PM
YOUR IQ SCORE IS:

Your score places you in the top five percent of the population. This qualifies you for membership in the International High IQ Society.

So my results are for the three of them are 144,143,139. I'm going to really agree that these test mean shit all. This makes no sence to me

Darknodin
Mon, 01-30-2006, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by: Deadfire
YOUR IQ SCORE IS:

So my results are for the three of them are 144,143,139. I'm going to really agree that these test mean shit all. This makes no sence to me

tsk... you got higher than me in the IQ society one... but I beat you in the other one... we are now RIVALS (<--- someone watching way too much anime)

Deadfire
Mon, 01-30-2006, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by: Darknodin

YOUR IQ SCORE IS:

tsk... you got higher than me in the IQ society one... but I beat you in the other one... we are now RIVALS (<--- someone watching way too much anime)

Darn it i knew this would happen... my rival is a French Canadian and I'm full-Blooded Irish Canadian... Something is very wrong here

Carnage
Mon, 01-30-2006, 03:56 PM
Im rooting for the Irish! LOLLERZ!i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Darknodin
Mon, 01-30-2006, 07:02 PM

Darn it i knew this would happen... my rival is a French Canadian and I'm full-Blooded Irish Canadian... Something is very wrong here

Haha... its worst than that! I'm a French-Canadian from Haitian ancestors! all hell will break loose!

Carnage
Mon, 01-30-2006, 09:44 PM
Take your bets! Take your bets!

Psyke
Tue, 01-31-2006, 08:33 AM
I got 129 on classic. Half way through the super test I felt it was too troublesome completing it and stopped. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Zinobi
Wed, 02-01-2006, 01:49 AM
we tie!! Psyke ^_^

dbznaruto
Wed, 02-01-2006, 03:43 AM
I got a 113 on the super IQ test but I kept falling asleep while taking it.

samsonlonghair
Wed, 02-01-2006, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by: The Heretic Azazel
Online IQ tests are bullshit, I'd personally be surprised if half you dumbasses were capable of walking and breathing at the same time.

You are the funniest bastard on earth. Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

Not that anyone cares, but I took the super test and scored 134.

Tekkaman Vigorot
Fri, 02-03-2006, 11:28 PM
Bah, did this test before XD, the first time I did it, had a migrain, got a 134. I said "That...can't be right..." A couple of years later, I take it again for kicks, got a 129... I thought "Hmm...I'm getting stupider...joy." XD