PDA

View Full Version : Happy year of the Dog!

Psyke
Sat, 01-28-2006, 01:11 PM
Since it's now officially the new year here in Asia, I'd like to wish all a happy dog year!

The Twelve Zodiac Animals

rat
ox
tiger
rabbit (or hare)
dragon
snake
horse
goat (or sheep)
monkey
rooster
dog (this year!)
pig (or boar)

For those not too sure which zodiac animal you fall under, you can check it out here (http://chinese.astrology.com/index.html). There are quite a few inaccurate Chinese zodiac finders out there, which determines your sign based on the year alone. This is wrong, as January and February babies would have their signs wrong as the Chinese new year begins in either January or February. The link I've provided here is accurate to the day, so it's 100% correct.

Kraco
Sat, 01-28-2006, 01:31 PM
Chinese Zodiac always reminds me of Fruits Basket (not a bad thing since it's such a fine series)...

RedX1z
Sat, 01-28-2006, 01:34 PM
too bad, i'm a rabbit.

anyways, happy dog year!

The Heretic Azazel
Sat, 01-28-2006, 01:48 PM
Am I the only one who sees the irony in a dog year for the Chinese?

el_boss
Sat, 01-28-2006, 02:51 PM
Yay I'm an Ox. It was eerie that alot of the stuff in the horoscope actually fit in on me.

darkmetal505
Sat, 01-28-2006, 04:06 PM
it seems to be dog year in naruto also... a little to doggish for me though

ChaosK
Sat, 01-28-2006, 04:15 PM
rabbit, and also i've already recieved a ton of money! and more is coming!

aznimperialx
Sat, 01-28-2006, 04:33 PM
happy chinese new years eve

KoKo37
Sat, 01-28-2006, 04:54 PM
oh boy im a goat -.-
http://a1096.g.akamai.net/7/1096/458/0efd17f7434bda/g.astrology.com/chi/goat2.gif

anyways happy dog year i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Zhan
Sat, 01-28-2006, 08:24 PM
Happy doggy year. I'm tiger..dammit have to wait till 2010 to be tiger year

masamuneehs
Sat, 01-28-2006, 09:19 PM
Honestly, alot of this fits me very well... However, I still don't believe in any of this astrology bullshit, not at all. Almost all of my friends are born in the same Chinese year as I am, and all of us are vastly different. That really makes me think that however much you attribute to "signs", of any origin, depends on your own beliefs, superstitions and how much you like to read into stuff like astrology.

I am an Ox.

The Ox of Chinese Astrology is no bull in a china shop. Steadfast and solid, this powerful Sign is a born leader, being quite dependable and possessing an innate ability to achieve great things. Oxen tend to be plodding and methodical; they approach projects in the step-by-step manner that serves them best, and they never lose sight of their goal. They are tireless workers who are detail-oriented and believe in doing things right the first time.

The world may perceive Oxen as being far too serious or incapable of loosening up. This sturdy sort is less than social by nature and tends to become introverted in a crowd. To make things worse, they can't be bothered with what other people think and prefer to do what makes them feel best. Behind that calm facade, though, lives an Ox who can feel hurt, lonely and unable to connect with others. Friends and family are a great source of comfort to this beast, even if they don't always understand what makes the Ox tick. As a lover, friend, family member or housemate, the Ox makes a wonderfully strong, tender and affectionate companion who is protective and always reliable.

Out in the world, though, Oxen tend to be stubborn, dogmatic, my-way-or-the-highway kind of people who have no concept of when to back down. Oxen don't care to be pushed, especially since they think they're the good guys of the Chinese Zodiac. There is some truth to that theory, since the Ox is smart, trustworthy, caring and honorable. If you need honest, steady and unbiased advice, call on the Ox.

A good lesson for mighty Oxen is to strive to overcome a judgmental nature that keeps them from getting close to others. If they can learn to value their own good qualities, they'll have more room in their hearts to invite others in.

The most compatible match for an Ox is the Snake or the Rooster.

Xollence
Sat, 01-28-2006, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by: The Heretic Azazel
Am I the only one who sees the irony in a dog year for the Chinese?

Koreans eat dog, well it's not even a dog, its a coyote/dog, but yeah still pretty sick. The Chinese eat cat. I actually saw a Chinese video about how they prepare cat meat. But it's Korean New Years too.

Knives122
Sat, 01-28-2006, 09:47 PM
http://a1096.g.akamai.net/7/1096/458/b9f8c532747772/g.astrology.com/chi/rabbit2.gif

Rabbit bitches!!!

*insert Jackie Chan show talisman power here*

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 01-28-2006, 09:49 PM
I'm a rooster. A fucking chicken...bah!

aznroyale
Sat, 01-28-2006, 11:53 PM
snake for me
i think in my family we have every animal but the boar lols

EDIT: Happy Chinese New Year

kenren
Sun, 01-29-2006, 09:46 AM
ah...today was a great day...visiting friend's home..and the best part...getting money !! XD

happy chinese new year all..

kAi
Sun, 01-29-2006, 09:56 AM
I'm such a bottom-dwelling disease carrying rat.

Happy New Year, for the 2nd time.

Carnage
Sun, 01-29-2006, 11:56 AM
Im a goat! I own you all!

xDarkMaster
Sun, 01-29-2006, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by: God#2
Im a goat! I own you all!

Me too! i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Ero-Fan
Sun, 01-29-2006, 01:27 PM
Thought I was a rat, apparently the pig:
Contrary to its rather negative reputation in the West, the Pig of Chinese Astrology may be the most generous and honorable Sign of the Zodiac. Pigs are nice to a fault and possess impeccable manners and taste. They have so much of the perfectionist in them that others may be inclined to perceive them as snobs, but this is a misconception. Pigs are simply possessed of a truly luxurious nature, one that delights in finery and riches (in surroundings, food, lovemaking and otherwise). This Sign believes in the best qualities of mankind and certainly doesn't consider itself to be superior. Pigs also care a great deal about friends and family and work hard to keep everyone in their life happy. Helping others is a true pleasure for the Pig, who feels best when everyone else is smiling.

A Pig with no one around to appreciate its giving nature is a sad sight. Pigs are so magnanimous they can appear almost saintly; this can lead some less-than-well-intentioned souls to stomp all over this Sign, and the bad news is, the Pig will take the blows! Pigs make great companions in part because of their refusal to see the more negative or base qualities in a partner, but that rose-colored view can lead to this Sign's allowing itself to be taken advantage of. Contrary to their seemingly benign dispositions, however, Pigs can be quite venomous in response to being crossed by a lover, friend or business partner.

Pigs are highly intelligent creatures, forever studying, playing and probing in their quest for greater knowledge. They can be misinterpreted as being lazy, however, due to their love of reveling in the good stuff; this Sign could happily spend hours on end making love, napping, taking a long bubble bath or dallying over an incredible spread of rich foods. Pigs tend to make wonderful life partners due to their hearts of gold and their love of family. Even so, Pigs can be rather exclusive, choosing to spend time with those who will appreciate them most and ignore the rest of the populace. Pigs would do well to realize that there's more to life than being needed. When they open up their world to a diverse group of people, they will truly bloom.

The most compatible match for a Pig is the Rabbit or the Goat.

Bullshit, I am hardly saint-like. But I am fairly intelligent and I do ignore those I think are a waste of life. And I hate people.

Turkish-S
Sun, 01-29-2006, 01:30 PM
FEAR ME!!!.............

The Dragon is one of the most powerful and lucky Signs of the Chinese Zodiac. Its warm heart makes the Dragon's brash, fiery energy far more palatable. This is a giving, intelligent and tenacious Sign that knows exactly what it wants and is determined to get it. Dragons possess a certain natural, charming charisma that ensures they can always influence their peers and often find themselves the center of attention in social situations. This Sign is truly blessed, too; Dragons are considered to be very lucky in love! The Dragon's friends are always keen to hear what this firebrand has to say and when it comes to dispensing advice, the Dragon has the floor.

Its ego can get in the Dragon's way, but even so, this larger-than-life creature has a knack for initiating projects and keeping the troops motivated. According to Dragons, it's their natural born right to lead the way -- because who else could do it so surely and so well? As lucky as they are, Dragons have a good chance of achieving considerable material wealth during their lifetimes, although it isn't mere money that's this Sign's main motivation. Power is what the Dragon wants and truly believes it deserves. Dragons are quite the opportunists, forever searching for ways in which to consolidate their considerable power. Contrary to all this strength and fire, a weakened Dragon is a sad sack, a creature that refuses to take defeat with even a modicum of grace.

The role of leader is the only one the Dragon wants, the better from which to give orders and be king of the hill. They make solid leaders, too, knowing instinctively what needs to be done to stay on top. Crossing the Dragon is never a good idea -- this beast can singe! A valuable life lesson for this clever creature would be to absorb the principles of flexibility, compassion and tolerance. Being high and mighty can serve to inspire others, but it also keeps Dragons from living their lives to the fullest. If Dragons can learn to balance their quest for success with an appreciation for the little things, their life will be more than worthwhile.

The most compatible match for a Dragon is the Monkey or the Rat.

kai?? i/expressions/lips.gif

Mae
Sun, 01-29-2006, 02:58 PM
Happy year of the dog everyone! i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif

http://mae.mediahalo.com/image/fic0b4534e.medium/shigure.jpg

Assertn
Sun, 01-29-2006, 04:40 PM
I'm a pig

The Heretic Azazel
Sun, 01-29-2006, 04:45 PM
Ditto.

I BROKE THE ONE WORD POST RULE but it should be okay since I typed all this shit at the bottom.

XanBcoo
Sun, 01-29-2006, 05:19 PM
I'm a rabbit:
http://www.narutofan.com/information/ninjaguide/seals/hare.jpg

Last night I tried going to a chinese restaurant...crowded as hell.

anphorus
Sun, 01-29-2006, 08:16 PM
Lesse I'm '87 so I'm rabbit too. Looking up some other stuff that also makes my Element FIRE and my Aspect (What is that anyway?) Negative.

Originally posted by: That site in the first post
Timid and attractive, the Rabbits of the Chinese Zodiac tend to act more like bunnies, whether they like it or not! This Sign is extremely popular and has a wide circle of family and friends. Its compassionate nature leads it to be very protective of those it holds dear, but where romance is concerned, the Rabbit's sentimentality can lead it to idealize relationships. The sweet, sensitive Rabbit often ends up giving more of itself to a partner than is realistic or healthy. The good news is, when this Sign goes off-balance, the Rabbit's core group of friends and its stable home life help bring it back to center.

Bah, like most of this kind of thing I've taken, some of this is scarily accurate. but the stuff that is off tends to be quite far off.

Carnage
Sun, 01-29-2006, 08:21 PM
What element is Goat?

Anyway, I see myself as a Dragon/Lion/Tiger/Chuck Norris animal. Ya, that would be coooooool..........

anphorus
Sun, 01-29-2006, 08:25 PM
The element thing actually depends on which year (chinese obviously, not western) you were born, for example I'm Rabbit, Fire and (-) but just looking at this here chart I can see that:

1915 14 February 1915 - 2 February 1916 Rabbit Wood (-)It seems that Rabbit is always (-) though, as is Goat (or "Sheep" as this chart calls it.)

Also I think I prefer Rabbit. Any fool can be a badass when they are a Dragon, but it takes true skill and awesomeness when you are a rabbit.

Originally posted by: Knives122
Rabbit bitches!!!

*insert Jackie Chan show talisman power here*
bah, rabbit had one of the gayest powers, along with Tiger, which was essentially useless unless you split it in two, or were trapped in a statue.

EDIT: Below. Damn you're right! I was thinking of the Sheep. I take it back, speed is the best for the reasons stated below. The Flash is even faster than Superman.

Let this post remain unaltered to stand as testemant to my stupidity.

Knives122
Sun, 01-29-2006, 08:42 PM
The Rabbit had speed as it's power, which super hero has speed? THE FLASH, and he's the man...period.

Carnage
Mon, 01-30-2006, 04:02 PM
Ya. I'd have to agree about the FLASH. Only super heros better than him are spider man and batman. They of course own us all.

What element would I be if i were born in 1991 year of the Goat?

KoKo37
Mon, 01-30-2006, 04:40 PM
I wish I was a rabit i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif, I mean goats are cool and all but you dont mess with bunny's

http://accordionguy.blogware.com/Photos/2004/01/bunny.jpg
(If you dont know where thats from, go watch mighty phython and the holy grail. )

Also, Batman owns all other super heroes (http://batmanvsshark.ytmnd.com/), he like fights sharks and stuff.

anime892
Tue, 01-31-2006, 10:27 PM
@ god#2

THE METAL SHEEP 1931 AND 1991

Sheep often display a tough exterior to protect the fragile interior they are notorious for. Close friends and family of the Metal Sheep understand this is simply a front for those sensitive emotions tucked inside. Sheep can sometimes treat others the way they feel instead of the way they wish to be treated which can lead to a tendency to be overprotective and vulnerable. Metal Sheep, more than other Sheep, are culturally stimulated and hold a deep passion for the arts.

http://www.usbridalguide.com/s...ehoroscopes/Monkey.htm (http://www.usbridalguide.com/special/chinesehoroscopes/Monkey.htm)

Darknodin
Wed, 02-01-2006, 07:07 PM
i'm a cat...

although my avatar is actually a dog...

Mr Squiggles
Thu, 02-02-2006, 04:10 PM
Depending on the site, I am either a dragon, or a rabbit. This can only mean one thing: I am one of the legendary dragon/hares, fearsome beasts who terrorize this world! I have all the advantages of either zodiacs, but none of the weaknesses, and I have super speed and breathe fire upon my enemies. I spend my free time burning peasents, hiding chocolate eggs on easter, guarding my giant hoard of treasures, and stealing trix from little kids. Some may argue that there is no such creature because if there was then surely someone else would have known about it, but that is simply because although my kind has been spotted on several occasions, no-one have ever lived to tell the tale.

Carnage
Thu, 02-02-2006, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by: Mr Squiggles
Depending on the site, I am either a dragon, or a rabbit. This can only mean one thing: I am one of the legendary dragon/hares, fearsome beasts who terrorize this world! I have all the advantages of either zodiacs, but none of the weaknesses, and I have super speed and breathe fire upon my enemies. I spend my free time burning peasents, hiding chocolate eggs on easter, guarding my giant hoard of treasures, and stealing trix from little kids. Some may argue that there is no such creature because if there was then surely someone else would have known about it, but that is simply because although my kind has been spotted on several occasions, no-one have ever lived to tell the tale.

It still doesnt beat my Dragon/Lion/Tiger/Chuck Norris animal.

Mr Squiggles
Thu, 02-02-2006, 09:00 PM
^ but my animal exists, chuck norris cannot morph with another species because his powerfull dna would make the other species' dna explode because of sheer manliness.

Deblas
Thu, 02-02-2006, 09:05 PM
Cool, I'm a dragon. According to the site that anime892 linked. My element is Earth. Anyway, Happy year of the Dog!

Carnage
Thu, 02-02-2006, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by: Mr Squiggles
^ but my animal exists, chuck norris cannot morph with another species because his powerfull dna would make the other species' dna explode because of sheer manliness.

Unless I threaten the DNA with Bill Cosby video tapes! Then it will succumb to my demands!